PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you bothered by the YES bar on top of the tv screen?

Sixty one
04-10-06, 09:47 AM
I feel that the new bar of information on top of the screen is not necessary. It takes away from part of the picture and my eyes can't adjust quickly enough to keep up with all the info. What was wrong with the way they had it in the past with a little box in the upper left hand corner of the screen giving you all the info that you needed on a daily basis?:mad: :mad:

yanksrule69
04-10-06, 09:55 AM
I've only gotten one YES broadcast so far this year but I didn't have a problem with the new bar. Most other networks have it like that so I guess I'm used to it.

My problem with the info is that a lot of times it takes them way too long to put it up after a commercial or hit or whatnot. Maybe that won't happen with the new bar.

yankeesnum1
04-10-06, 10:12 AM
I like it.

PeteRFNY
04-10-06, 10:27 AM
The general consensus is that it's a screen-eating annoyance.

FWIW, there's already a thread going about this:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=93927

wexy
04-10-06, 10:27 AM
I think that it should be closer to the top of the screen.

NelsonMuntz
04-10-06, 10:32 AM
I feel that the new bar of information on top of the screen is not necessary. It takes away from part of the picture and my eyes can't adjust quickly enough to keep up with all the info. What was wrong with the way they had it in the past with a little box in the upper left hand corner of the screen giving you all the info that you needed on a daily basis?:mad: :mad:
I definitely agree with you. It's way too distracting.

Soriambi
04-10-06, 11:10 AM
I haven't really minded it, but I could see why others would.

ctyanksfan1
04-10-06, 02:49 PM
I prefer the old graphic in the upper left corner.
Less obtrusive, not to mention, the new bar seems a little hard to read, at least the team abbreviations are.

Jasbro
04-10-06, 02:51 PM
Less obtrusive, not to mention, the new bar seems a little hard to read, at least the team abbreviations are.

I completely agree. My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday!

lem
04-10-06, 03:58 PM
I liked the one they last used in 2004, the smaller blue box without the bevelled edges.

Jete&Tino42
04-10-06, 08:04 PM
Totally distracting. I was just talking about this with my friends the other day.

Casey37
04-10-06, 08:17 PM
There was nothing wrong with the old graphic, why they'd want to change it is beyond me.

AlongCameAPrincess
04-10-06, 09:07 PM
OMG.... The new bar on top is SOOOOOOOO annoying! I hate it with a passion. It's distracting and not an improvement on anything. I hope they realize how horrible it is and change it back. Soon.

AMYanks
04-10-06, 10:33 PM
They need to move it up a little bit. I have no problem with the concept, but it needs to be as close to the top of the screen as possible.

Yanks4eva1
04-12-06, 05:45 AM

I completely agree.

Dee

YankeeTom
04-13-06, 05:36 AM
It is completely annoying, if they are going to put a bar accross the whole top, can they at least make it see through, clean it up a little. I really dont need to see bright colors on the top of my screen, Oh, btw, do these people realize that these cute little bars at the top of new HD widescreen tv's are not such a great idea.

Here's the thing, if you are watching the game, you dont need the bar

Chinroku_sama
04-13-06, 08:33 AM
They need to move it up a little bit. I have no problem with the concept, but it needs to be as close to the top of the screen as possible.

I agree - it's just too low. I cuts off the tops of their heads a lot of times! Why have all that gap at the top? There's nothing going on there! The bar itself doesn't bother me, just move it up a bit. ^^

Paul Hunter23
04-13-06, 03:21 PM
I like it better then last years big bug on the upper left. That would block out some game action.

#7forever
04-13-06, 04:51 PM
No, I think it's fine,as long as the score is on the screen it doesn't matter. I work during most of the games and I just to get a score now and then.

Yankeeah
05-03-06, 09:24 PM
Anyone else notice how often the bar has the count wrong? The radar gun is off a lot too. They should try and get that right before they change it around.

puckmaster87
05-04-06, 12:40 AM
Anyone else notice how often the bar has the count wrong? The radar gun is off a lot too. They should try and get that right before they change it around.

That has nothing to do with the graphic, it has to do with the person entering the count and the radar gun.

AndThenThereWasTino
05-04-06, 02:33 AM
They need to change it back.... I like the upper left hand thing a lot better... this is a distraction and eats up space on the screen. I feel like I'm watching the game panoramic.

Yankeeah
05-04-06, 09:24 AM
That has nothing to do with the graphic, it has to do with the person entering the count and the radar gun.

I'm well aware. My point is it's wrong frequently.