PDA

View Full Version : MLB Cool base jersey - Yanks not included

PuffNettles9
04-08-06, 10:05 AM
Not sure if this has already been posted but new for 2006, MLB is using a new jersey technology called Cool Base. 29/30 MLB teams will use this jersey during HOT day games....guess which team isnt using the jersey or at least not in the lineup

http://shop.mlb.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?sGroup=MLB&keywords=cool+base&doVSearch=no&clickid=topnav_search_txt&searchId=5581687452&page=1&pageBucket=0&doVSearch=no

webassign
04-08-06, 10:14 AM
Hah, what a surprise. We're not even using those new batting helmets either. I'm glad the Yankees are staying old school. I'd like to see how these cool base jerseys look and feel though.

yankeebot
04-08-06, 10:29 AM
Selfishly, I hope the Yankees jump on this "new school" item. I avoid wearing a jersey on really hot days and, quite frankly, I wish others would do the same. They really start to smell when you sweat and I hate sitting next to a stinky fan. ;)

RhodyYanksFan
04-08-06, 10:32 AM
Costanza is somehow behind this.

ChrisV82
04-08-06, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the new batting helmets as long as they aren't multi-colored. Aren't they supposed to be safer and cooler (as in not hot)? Why wouldn't the Yankers organization want to keep their team comfortable and safe?

(Yankers, not Yankees).

NYYFan74
04-08-06, 03:57 PM
As for the new batting helmets if I remember correctly, only a few teams are using them this year. It's sort of a trial period.

Brent
04-08-06, 08:15 PM
I hate the new helmets.

bleachersown
04-08-06, 09:28 PM
The new helmets aren't that bad. We're gonna have to switch to the new jersey material eventually. If the Yanks have been so old school for all these years, we'd still be wearing wool jerseys.

5OClockLighting
04-09-06, 06:18 PM
I hate the new helmets.
Me too. I liked Team Japan's helmets in the WBC matte finish with a raised logo, looks more like a regular cap. Yankees should pick that up.

nojoke
04-10-06, 04:43 PM
what do the new helmets look like?

I think one of the big reasons we haven't used the new jerseys is because a lot of those were 3rd jerseys, not home/away jerseys. Seeing as we don't have 3rd jerseys because of history, we don't have cool base jerseys

PuffNettles9
06-09-06, 07:50 PM
Has any team used this new jersey yet?

JeterForPresident
06-09-06, 08:16 PM

I think the bomber demanded it and Costanza wasnt up for going and getting all the players sizes.

DontHateOnNumber2
06-10-06, 12:20 AM
George must want everything to stay traditional and old-school which is cool because I'm sure he has the best air conditioning in the clubhouse, and probably a million misting fans in the dugouts for his guys. On the road I'm sure the other ballparks will be just as accommodating.

Spaceboy88
06-10-06, 08:21 AM
Aren't the Yankees switching to cotton uniforms? ;)

RJ44
06-10-06, 09:12 AM
Why bother making another new jersey material when they could've just used the material they use for spring training?

YanksRooter66
06-10-06, 09:21 AM
Those Spring Training jerseys seem comfortable. Honestly, I don't think it'll make much of a difference for the rest of the league if they have cool base or not.

RhodyYanksFan
06-11-06, 10:49 PM
Why bother making another new jersey material when they could've just used the material they use for spring training?

Spring training/BP jerseys are very comfy and allow room to breathe.

Mariano226
06-25-06, 06:26 PM

you read my mind.

Use Ethyl Chloride
06-25-06, 09:35 PM
Selfishly, I hope the Yankees jump on this "new school" item. I avoid wearing a jersey on really hot days and, quite frankly, I wish others would do the same. They really start to smell when you sweat and I hate sitting next to a stinky fan. ;)

I have a both home and away authentic jerseys and I agree that they are uncomfortable on hot days. That, combined with my fear of nacho cheese stains, keeps me from wearing the home jersey most of the time.

PeteRFNY
06-27-06, 08:56 PM
If the Yanks have been so old school for all these years, we'd still be wearing wool jerseys.

That'd be AWESOME.

__starr69
06-27-06, 09:56 PM
Does that also mean that since they're concerned with staying cool, we'll stop seeing the eyesore alternates?

BRNXBMRS
06-28-06, 12:32 PM
Does that also mean that since they're concerned with staying cool, we'll stop seeing the eyesore alternates?

I am so glad the Yanks dont have an alternate jersey. This is just one more way to get more money.

somejerk
06-28-06, 03:02 PM
I am so glad the Yanks dont have an alternate jersey. This is just one more way to get more money.

Right they should use the brand for quality items, like Yankee fireplace screens or eighteen dollar rocks.

BRNXBMRS
06-29-06, 01:53 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Right they should use the brand for quality items, like Yankee fireplace screens or eighteen dollar rocks.

exactly :D