PDA

View Full Version : YES Network/FOX News

gdn
04-05-06, 09:53 PM
What is this connection between the two? Did anyone catch the abrupt interruption on the pre-game show when YES was cut off and they went to FOX News. It seemed like a segment only for YES because at the end the anchor said "back to you guys on YES". What the heck is this?

MunsonNY15
04-05-06, 10:48 PM
The two networks must have some kind of agreement because I've seen news headlines from FOX on the YES scroll for the last year or so. But the spot on tonight's pregame was the first time I've seen something with an anchor talking about headlines and stories on upcoming FOX shows.

Heidi

stupidpunchline
04-05-06, 11:50 PM
YES is making my 4-year (and counting) embargo of FOX News very difficult to maintain.

hardrain
04-06-06, 08:36 AM
I saw the same thing and I thought my psycho cat sat on the remote.

NYDCYankee
04-06-06, 09:47 AM
I remember awhile back hearing about a deal.

ChrisV82
04-06-06, 11:23 AM
It's a marriage I can live without...unless they start talking about the MLB umpires' liberal bias against balls and strikes. That might be amusing for 3 minutes.

PeteRFNY
04-06-06, 01:52 PM
Smart move by both nets - gives recognition to each.

Plus it's a choice I could live with. Dunno if I could handle seeing CNN or MSNBC before Yankee games!

tiyuri
04-06-06, 02:44 PM
It's quite disappointing that YES would choose to align with the such an awful network. It just means I won't watch the pre-game show. If they insist on doing a news thing they should have Keith Olbermann (an actual Yankee fan) do it.

stephsamps
04-06-06, 03:20 PM
I saw the same thing and I thought my psycho cat sat on the remote.

I saw the same thing and thought the same thing! She was actually sitting calmly for once though.

5OClockLighting
04-06-06, 04:37 PM
If they insist on doing a news thing they should have Keith Olbermann (an actual Yankee fan) do it.
That would be real bad Olbermann is not a unbias journalist and he is political commentator, who offers his opinions on the news.
Plus this is the clean cut professional Yankees, of course they are goin to go with FOX. They aren't long hair hippie Red Sox who watch CNN/MSNBC.;)

Snap731
04-07-06, 10:16 AM
It's a marriage I can live without...unless they start talking about the MLB umpires' liberal bias against balls and strikes. That might be amusing for 3 minutes.

Good one!

When the Yanks were on 77 WABC Radio, a talk show hosted by Curtis Sliwa (an NYC Giuliani conservative who founded the Guardian Angels Street Patrol) and Ron Kuby (a left-wing civil rights lawyer) immediately preceeded the games. And very often during baseball season, when it was such a charmed era for the Yanks they would blow-off the political talk and just schmooze about the Yanks. But they managed to incorporate their political views all the time.

For example, Curtis was very much against the Yankees signing Darryl Strawberry; it was a weak and hopelessly liberal move.

IMO it was very entertaining radio.

BBombers85
04-08-06, 05:12 PM
To the user who has an embargo on FOX News. what do you do during the playoffs? Im sorry if this does not include the regular FOX channel. Just wondering

Boogiedown Bomber
04-08-06, 05:52 PM
Good one!

When the Yanks were on 77 WABC Radio, a talk show hosted by Curtis Sliwa (an NYC Giuliani conservative who founded the Guardian Angels Street Patrol) and Ron Kuby (a left-wing civil rights lawyer) immediately preceeded the games. And very often during baseball season, when it was such a charmed era for the Yanks they would blow-off the political talk and just schmooze about the Yanks. But they managed to incorporate their political views all the time.

For example, Curtis was very much against the Yankees signing Darryl Strawberry; it was a weak and hopelessly liberal move.

IMO it was very entertaining radio.

yeah, when I was growing up, I would listen to those for sh*ts and giggles. Too bad Kuby played Judas to Silwa :lol: