PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio

MvpPosada20
04-04-06, 10:58 PM
I get terrible reception of 880, so I was wondering if there is any website that streams live yankee games for free?

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-06, 11:14 PM
Not legally.

-tz
04-05-06, 12:14 AM
However, you can subscribe to MLB's Gameday Audio for the whole season for only $14.95 and they'll throw in a three month's subscription to Sports Illustrated. :)

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/subscriptions/gameday_audio.jsp

Plus you can listen to any games you miss from their archive. And any other team's games, too!

bostonyankeefan
04-05-06, 09:35 AM
Has anyone with a Treo or similar handheld device tried to receive Gameday audio using their PDA? In theory at lease, you can receive Gameday Audio using any web browser.

Dog Named Fred
04-07-06, 08:28 AM
However, you can subscribe to MLB's Gameday Audio for the whole season for only $14.95 and they'll throw in a three month's subscription to Sports Illustrated. :)

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/subscriptions/gameday_audio.jsp

Plus you can listen to any games you miss from their archive. And any other team's games, too!

some teams have a deal where you can join their team fan club for $9.95 and it includes gameday audio. yanks don't offer it, but both sox (red and white) do. it's on each of their homepages. the white sox one is called sox pride. red sox is red sox nation.

BillBuckner
04-07-06, 08:34 AM
I was asking the same question last year. Just cave in and buy MLB Gameday Audio. It's only $15 for the entire season and you can listen to any game you want.

Winfield31
04-07-06, 01:39 PM
A much better option over the MLB internet options is XM Satellite radio...I swear Im not trying to make a sales pitch here, but its awesome.

With it you get stuff like:

EVERY single game including some spring training and ALL post season for EVERY team.
MLB Home Plate channel with 24/7 baseball news shows with people like Rob Dibble, Cal and Billy Ripken, Kevin Kennedy, and Buck Martinez.
One show on MLB Home Plate is dedicated to fantasy baseball with call in questions and advice, tips, and news.
Then you also get 120+ additional music, sports, and news channels.
PLUS they have really nice portable devices coming out in a few weeks that also function as MP3 players for your current music, and allow you to schedule recording of up to 50 hours of XM programming.
Anyway...its a great service and it goes WAY WAY above and beyond just giving you access to all of the games, as a huge baseball fan and music fan too, I couldnt live without it. :)

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-07-06, 01:40 PM
A much better option over the MLB internet options is XM Satellite radio...I swear Im not trying to make a sales pitch here, but its awesome.

EVERY single game including some spring training and ALL post season for EVERY team.
MLB Home Plate channel with 24/7 baseball news shows with people like Rob Dibble, Cal and Billy Ripken, Kevin Kennedy, and Buck Martinez.
One show on MLB Home Plate is dedicated to fantasy baseball with call in questions and advice, tips, and news.
PLUS they have really nice portable devices coming out in a few weeks that also function as MP3 players for your current music, and allow you to schedule recording of up to 50 hours of XM programming.Anyway...its a great service and it goes WAY WAY above and beyond just giving you access to all of the games, as a huge baseball fan and music fan too, I couldnt live without it. :)

Not a sales pitch? You have a XM avatar! :D

Winfield31
04-07-06, 01:58 PM
Not a sales pitch? You have a XM avatar! :D

It depends on how you look at that avatar...is it an XM avatar, or is it a Dave Winfield avatar? :) I just so happened to be a huge yankee fan, huge Dave Winfield fan, and fan of this message board for about a year before I tried out XM...I just feel obligated to make sure that people with similar interests as me are aware of something that has greatly improved my baseball and music experiences. :)

And in the interest of being completely and totally up front, Ill let you know that I do also own some XM stock, but certainly not enough to think that getting a handful of people from here to try the service will make me rich....I own so little of it that even if the price jumped by $50 today, Id still finish up my day at work today and every other day just the same for the next 30+ years....sadly.

So in summary...wether or not you try it wont have any financial impact on me but I will feel good knowing that I helped someone find something that they really enjoy if that ends up being the case.

Knicks421
04-07-06, 02:23 PM
http://www.thegamelive.com has links to the websites of different radio stations that stream the games over the internet. You might have to go through all of them but usually at least one has the game.

Spaceboy88
04-07-06, 03:20 PM

PLUS they have really nice portable devices coming out in a few weeks that also function as MP3 players for your current music, and allow you to schedule recording of up to 50 hours of XM programming.Anyway...its a great service and it goes WAY WAY above and beyond just giving you access to all of the games, as a huge baseball fan and music fan too, I couldnt live without it. :)

I absolutely love my XM Radio. I have the XM Tao and use it all the time. Unfortunately, the streaming subscription that comes with XM doesn't include the games.

MLB Gameday Audio is the way to go. I use it all the time at work to listen to day games at work and it gives you the option to choose the home or away radio broadcasts. $15.00 for the entire season is totally worth it.

njyankeesfan
04-07-06, 03:43 PM
I've been a Gameday Audio subscriber from its inception, and continue to be very happy with the service!

Winfield31
04-07-06, 04:09 PM
I absolutely love my XM Radio. I have the XM Tao and use it all the time. Unfortunately, the streaming subscription that comes with XM doesn't include the games.

MLB Gameday Audio is the way to go. I use it all the time at work to listen to day games at work and it gives you the option to choose the home or away radio broadcasts. $15.00 for the entire season is totally worth it.

Yeah, I think that the license that they have with MLB wont allow them to stream the baseball stuff online because they offer it already themselves....dont want to eat into their own revenue stream.

I agree with you on the portable units...I use my MyFi at work, home, and on my bike all the time for games....sometimes at the stadium too, but there is like a 15 second delay that is annoying when watching/listening in person. Its most useful in person if you miss a play and cant tell whats happening on the field, nd want to hear someone tell you whats going on.

Spaceboy88
04-07-06, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I think that the license that they have with MLB wont allow them to stream the baseball stuff online because they offer it already themselves....dont want to eat into their own revenue stream.

I agree with you on the portable units...I use my MyFi at work, home, and on my bike all the time for games....sometimes at the stadium too, but there is like a 15 second delay that is annoying when watching/listening in person. Its most useful in person if you miss a play and cant tell whats happening on the field, nd want to hear someone tell you whats going on.

I mostly use it for music and Opie and Anthony, but it sure is great to listen to the games if I happen to be away from YES.

I've personally turned so many people on to XM. I work in the music business and have some great coupon codes for free car units (just have to pay for 3 months of service ahead of time), so anyone interested, send me a message and I'll hook you up.

Winfield31
04-07-06, 10:14 PM
I mostly use it for music and Opie and Anthony, but it sure is great to listen to the games if I happen to be away from YES.

I've personally turned so many people on to XM. I work in the music business and have some great coupon codes for free car units (just have to pay for 3 months of service ahead of time), so anyone interested, send me a message and I'll hook you up.

Can you get me a free Pioneer Inno or Samsung Helix? ;)

Spaceboy88
04-08-06, 12:40 AM
Can you get me a free Pioneer Inno or Samsung Helix? ;)

I wish! Those things are fricken sweet!