PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace

busyninja
04-02-06, 08:24 PM
Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace - anybody find it yet?

It's supposed to be a place/forum for full season ticket holders to sell their tickets, at a "slight" mark up.

busyninja
04-02-06, 09:00 PM
Never mind. On the Yankees website, it is listed under "ticket tech". Under ticket tech, it says the feature is coming soon. Looking forward to it.

Dog Named Fred
04-03-06, 10:44 PM
Never mind. On the Yankees website, it is listed under "ticket tech". Under ticket tech, it says the feature is coming soon. Looking forward to it.

has anyone called to see when it's going to be up?

gold23
04-25-06, 03:17 PM
Was told "one to two weeks" this morning. We'll see.

BBombers85
05-01-06, 05:26 PM
Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace is M.I.A.

Dog Named Fred
05-02-06, 12:44 AM
Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace is M.I.A.

I think they're waiitng until they sell more tickets until they allow season ticket holders to come in and sell better seats for face price. Judging by the availability of the 4 and 5 game packs that include a Boston series, it could be a long wait.

Use Ethyl Chloride
05-30-06, 08:51 PM
Today is May 30 and you are more likely to come across Amelia Earhart than the Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace. What is most frustrating is that they officially introduced this "new and exciting" feature in December of 2005. Nearlyhalf a year later, 1/3 of the season is over, and the Pinstripe Marketplace remains an unfulfilled promise. Rather than ticket holder, I consider myself a ticket eater, with so many of my games going unused. While I expect to get screwed, I don't appreciate them telling me how "new and exciting" the experience is.

The final insult to season ticket holders is that many other teams, including the Red Sox, Mets and Brewers have their version of the Pinstripe Marketplace up and running . If the New York Yankees can't figure out how to do this, they should let stubhub.com or maybe even the Mets handle a ticket exchange program.

The Yankees ticket office standard line is that it's "stalled in the Legal Department". Am I to assume that they have better attorneys in Cleveland, Detroit and Milwaukee than they do in New York City. Perhaps cancellation of employee dental coverage a few years ago really curbed attorney productivity. I suspect that the legal issues that every other team has tackled are somewhat less complex than Marbury v. Madison, so will somebody please get this settled. For God's sake, call Jacoby and Myers if you have to! Perhaps the Legal Department needs some motivation. If so, bring in George Costanza. The word around town is that he did a great job on the Penske file.

Mr. Steinbrenner, please kick find out who is responsible for this absurd delay and kick him/her in the rear for me.

Bxboy
05-31-06, 11:29 AM
"Mr. Steinbrenner, please kick find out who is responsible for this absurd delay and kick him/her in the rear for me."

Steinbrenner is responsible for the delay. As mentioned previously, they want to sell more tickets before unleashing the season ticket holders. They are using Ticketmaster for the Marketplace. Ticketmaster provides this service for at least 20 other teams including the Knicks and Rangers. They can flip the switch on at any time.

YanksRooter66
06-01-06, 06:53 PM
Stubhub. Sell your tickets on stubhub, buy your tickets on stubhub, trade your tickets on stubhub(don't think you can do that, but whatever)....

I love stubhub. Got tickets for the Yankees/Sox both years running. They are with the bleacher creatures, but the bleachers are the @!$!@

gold23
06-02-06, 06:20 PM
Quite frankly.....the Yanks probably make as much- or more- money if they open up the ticket marketplace. They eat up enough on both sides- they'll take about 15% of the sale price from the ticketholder, and charge a nice fee for the processing.

Plus, they are pretty much guaranteed usage of that seat, whereas they typically lose 10-30%, depending on the night or matchup. That is more than made up for in their per caps for the seats used.

I understand the desire not to cannibalize your ticket sales, but the reality is that many of these tickets would appeal to a different demographic. My seats are $110 a pop- you can't ever buy single tickets from the club this good. As such, I assume they'd be snapped up in a minute or so on the marketplace- most likely by fans who aren't buying the tier seats from the Yanks.

Addiitonally, they sell through so many games that the vast majority of the time they will simply make more money off of the seats they've already sold.

Use Ethyl Chloride
06-03-06, 12:13 PM
Gold23 - You make far too much sense.

As for stubhub, I am holding out for fear of losing my seats. I don't think I can continue to eat tickets for much longer.

CoyoteYankee
06-03-06, 12:20 PM
Stubhub. Sell your tickets on stubhub, buy your tickets on stubhub, trade your tickets on stubhub(don't think you can do that, but whatever)....

I love stubhub. Got tickets for the Yankees/Sox both years running. They are with the bleacher creatures, but the bleachers are the @!$!@

Every time I've gone on stubhub I've found the ticket prices to be ridiculously high.

JDPNYY
06-03-06, 12:30 PM
Every time I've gone on stubhub I've found the ticket prices to be ridiculously high.

I'm not sure ridiculous is a strong enough word.

CalYankeeFan
06-04-06, 07:43 AM
If you have extra tickets and can't sell them off here, have you ever thought about ebay? I mean, if they are decent seats and you put them up at face value plus a little bit to cover the fees you'll be able to recover at least some of your money. You can use buy it now to avoid the whole auction process, or list them for the minimum you're willing to sell them for....just a thought. You can undercut the scalpers on there pretty easily.

I've bought tickets off of ebay and got good deals.

4bronxbombers
06-04-06, 07:47 AM
Gold23 - You make far too much sense.

As for stubhub, I am holding out for fear of losing my seats. I don't think I can continue to eat tickets for much longer.

I guess I've been lucky. I've been able to sell my tickets for games I can't go to by asking around or using Stub Hub. I only add 10-15% to Stub Hub to cover the fees they charge.

Use Ethyl Chloride
06-11-06, 08:45 PM
I think the rash of injuries/illnesses the Yankees are experiencing is the result of the bad karma created by the Yankees screwing the season ticket holders by sitting on the Pinstrpe Marketplace.

A pox on both of your houses (Tampa and NY).

BBombers85
06-11-06, 11:09 PM
Can we complain about this? I mean there should be a legal way to sell tickets without having any repercussions. Im just afraid whoever i sell my tickets to might scalp and there goes my playoff ticket opportunity.

Use Ethyl Chloride
06-12-06, 10:21 PM
Write a letter to the Yankees (they don't let you get email addresses). I suggest Randy Levine (President) or Lonn Trost (Chief Operating Officer). Also consider Norman Stallings (Senior Vice President, General Counsel).

Both Levine and Trost are in NY at the following address
<DIR><DIR>Yankee Stadium
161<SUP>st</SUP> Street & River Ave
Bronx, NY 10451
</DIR></DIR>While I think Stallings is in Tampa
<DIR><DIR>Yankees Complex
13102 N. Himes Ave
Tampa, FL 33607
</DIR></DIR>Another approach would be to call Elliott Spitzer, NYís Attorney General. There is probably something the Yankees are doning wrong, such as false advertising (for anyone who purchased a ticket plan baed on the Pinstripe Marketplace scheme). Spitzerís office is easy to contact by clicking the following link.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

Use Ethyl Chloride
06-24-06, 11:33 PM
Today is July 24. Do you know where the Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace is? It's "coming soon", but perhaps "soon" means something different in Tampa than it does in NY.

I never though I'd see the day that the Yankees organization was outclassed by the Indians, who have their own version of this feature available to Ticket Holders. I guess the new guy in Cleveland is more capable than the old guy from Cleveland.

BBombers85
06-24-06, 11:40 PM
It will never come. Keep on eatin those tickets :-(

Use Ethyl Chloride
06-24-06, 11:58 PM
Lately, I've been donating them to charity. Either the local Big Brothers and Big Sisters, or the USO.

JDPNYY
06-25-06, 12:00 AM
Today is July 24. Do you know where the Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace is? It's "coming soon", but perhaps "soon" means something different in Tampa than it does in NY.

I never though I'd see the day that the Yankees organization was outclassed by the Indians, who have their own version of this feature available to Ticket Holders. I guess the new guy in Cleveland is more capable than the old guy from Cleveland.

It's June 24th. Actually, it's June 25th now.

fredgmuggs
06-25-06, 05:46 AM
It's June 24th. Actually, it's June 25th now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.... I know I'm a procrastinator, but I was almost certain that I wasn't a month behind. Whew...

Use Ethyl Chloride
06-25-06, 08:41 AM
I'm posting too late at night...

Use Ethyl Chloride
06-25-06, 08:43 AM

Freudian slip. I'll post again in a month when this statement is true.

busyninja
06-25-06, 02:25 PM
I never thought that this thread would still be alive, and valid, in the last week of June. That's a major disappointment. The whole thing could have been avoided by not posting it as a new feature, way back in December. Now I am annoyed by something I have never had, but hadn't expected before December. Just don't create false hope, and I would not have been bothered by the whole thing.

Dog Named Fred
07-17-06, 11:59 PM
It is now officially the second half of the season and there's still no sign of the Marketplace. It has officially become a joke. Only problem is that the joke is on season ticket holders.

JDPNYY
07-18-06, 12:00 AM
Shhhh. You're gonna wake up Ethyl.

g_buddy
07-21-06, 04:20 PM
anybody actually think this may be functional for the 2007 season?

destro
07-21-06, 04:23 PM
no, but i bet ticket prices will go up!

BBombers85
07-21-06, 04:29 PM
Its funny that I was actually thinking of this thread today, but didnt want to dig too deep into the past...it only brings bad memories of "what if..."

Use Ethyl Chloride
07-24-06, 11:26 PM
Freudian slip. I'll post again in a month when this statement is true.

Well lookee here, it's July 24 and no Pinstripe Marketplace. These guys really suck!

Use Ethyl Chloride
08-01-06, 02:11 PM
I just sopke with someone named Adam in the ticket office. He said that the Yankees never had any intention to offer this service and that it was merely a ploy to sell more full season plans.

Wait, I'm wrong. He only meant that. What he said was "I don't think you will see it in 2006. Hopefully it will be available in 2007."

Pardon my jumbling of what was spoken vs. what was said.

BBombers85
08-01-06, 02:13 PM
I just sopke with someone named Adam in the ticket office. He said that the Yankees never had any intention to offer this service and that it was merely a ploy to sell more full season plans.

Wait, I'm wrong. He only meant that. What he said was "I don't think you will see it in 2006. Hopefully it will be available in 2007."

Pardon my jumbling of what was spoken vs. what was said.

i hate ploys.. :(

Bxboy
08-02-06, 04:54 PM
I would not get my hopes up, even for next year. If they do anything similar to the Mets it will be a very limited "market".

The Mets only allow full season ticket holders with premium field box seats to sell seats on their marketplace. In addition, they limit the amount of games an individual ticketholder can sell. To top it off, any cash received from selling tickets is applied toward the following year's ticket invoice.

The Yankee plan made it sound like any full season holder could sell an unlimited amount of tickets. I can not see them allowing this to happen; too much supply will be dumped into the marketplace.

Tifoso
08-02-06, 04:57 PM

See here: :)

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=84689

g_buddy
08-03-06, 05:49 PM
on a related subject, any recently new season ticket holders know about where are the best seats I can expect when I put my deposit down later this month.

g_buddy
12-04-06, 03:58 PM
Anybody notice how they completely removed the pinstripe marketplace language from the website now.

NinoBrown
12-04-06, 05:37 PM
Anybody notice how they completely removed the pinstripe marketplace language from the website now.

Yup, they're working on their html. Wouldn't be suprised if they called it, The New Improved Yankees Pinstripe Marketplace.

Use Ethyl Chloride
12-08-06, 09:21 PM
No mention of the Pinstripe Marketplace in the season ticket renewal letter...