PDA

View Full Version : Free For All Day Reminder

Big_E
03-29-06, 11:31 PM
You CAN NOT sign free agents until this weekend. All roster moves made before then are being reversed. See the league page for more info.

yanksphan
03-29-06, 11:36 PM
Can we start promoting mLers? (dropping "placeholders" that we were forced to draft?)

Big_E
03-30-06, 06:18 AM
Also, for some reason, no matter what I do, waivers don't begin until Sunday, April 2nd. Which actually, is how we did it last year too -- morning of Opening Day, roster moves were allowed.

Big_E
03-30-06, 06:18 AM
Can we start promoting mLers? (dropping "placeholders" that we were forced to draft?)

You may promote whomever you want, and drop whoever you want but no additions can be made until 12:01AM, SUNDAY

Big_E
03-31-06, 10:07 PM
Bumping this up -- 26 hours until we can sign Free Agents...

yanksphan
04-01-06, 11:49 AM
Bumping this up -- 26 hours until we can sign Free Agents...
So tonight at midnight EST, correct?

Big_E
04-01-06, 04:35 PM
So tonight at midnight EST, correct?
Yes, hopefully the waivers worked correctly and everyone clears waivers at midnight....otherwise I may have to do some commissionering to get things to work.

Big_E
04-02-06, 12:04 AM
OK...You may add players to your rosters now!

Big_E
04-02-06, 12:13 AM
In order to get this to work, I had to deactivate waivers. Otherwise people would not be able to start adding players at midnight. The system, despite me saying 2 days would not start clearing players until around 3am...for some reason the draft league here had waivers activate the same time as here, but they cleared yesterday (Friday). Go figure. So mid-week I will re-activate waivers, once everyone has their rosters set for the first period.

Big_E
04-02-06, 01:08 AM
Hmmmm....I see people had put in waivers claims, and they were processed at 1:00am.

I'll try turning them back on in that case (presumably everyone has cleared waivers from the auction and can be signed now) and hopefully as players are dropped, they will have to go through waivers.

Stupid sportsline...

Big_E
04-02-06, 08:21 AM
Well...looks like it worked correctly. Everyone was able to sign players last night who wanted to. Everyone cleared waivers last night. And now players who are dropped (see Kenny Rogers) must clear 3-day waivers.

Snatch Catch
04-02-06, 08:33 AM
In order to get this to work, I had to deactivate waivers. Otherwise people would not be able to start adding players at midnight. The system, despite me saying 2 days would not start clearing players until around 3am...for some reason the draft league here had waivers activate the same time as here, but they cleared yesterday (Friday). Go figure. So mid-week I will re-activate waivers, once everyone has their rosters set for the first period.

For some reason, CBS has always been on PST.

Snatch Catch
04-02-06, 08:34 AM
Oh yeah, and Zimmerman is a minor league free agent for me- just so there's no confusion. :)

I'd also like to add Jose Tabata as a minor league FA.

Big_E
04-02-06, 10:04 AM
For some reason, CBS has always been on PST.
Funny thing is, they cleared waivers at 1am.

Big_E
04-02-06, 10:08 AM
Oh yeah, and Zimmerman is a minor league free agent for me- just so there's no confusion. :).

OK, I am confused though. You signed him yesterday and he's on your major league roster. That would make him a major league free agent, right?

yanksphan
04-02-06, 10:56 AM
Oh yeah, and Zimmerman is a minor league free agent for me- just so there's no confusion. :)

I'd also like to add Jose Tabata as a minor league FA.

I thought we could only do the "mL trick" if the player was actually a ML at some point??? (See C.Hansen and Zoolander)

Snatch Catch
04-02-06, 11:37 AM
OK, I am confused though. You signed him yesterday and he's on your major league roster. That would make him a major league free agent, right?

I actually had him on the minor league roster for a couple of minutes.

I drop Batista and Gibbons, move Berkman to the OF, and put Prior on the DL.

Verlander gets promoted for Prior, Fielder gets promoted to take 1B for Berkman, Zimmerman and Duncan take their places in the mL. The season has not started yet, so adding them as minor league free agents is no different than taking them in the minor league draft (as was done a couple of times last year: Francis, Swisher, Capellan, etc.) They still have minor league eligibility, and the regular season has not begun.

Zimmerman is promoted and takes the ML CI spot. Tabata takes his place.