PDA

View Full Version : YES Network showing Live BP

Yankees1962
03-03-06, 05:27 AM
I really liked this idea of having a show during BP and showing some interviews as well as BP. I read in another article besides this one below that the show will be on for about 100 games this season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/396430p-336002c.html

#1PaFan
03-03-06, 06:21 AM
Cool! I just hope I don't get blacked out of it.

BRNXBMRS
03-03-06, 09:01 AM
Great idea.

tdel23
03-03-06, 09:54 AM
that's going to be a pretty cool feature, looking forward to this.

gdn
03-03-06, 10:04 AM
I noticed this yesterday, pretty cool! Now the pre-game is an hour instead of half an hour.

silverdsl
03-03-06, 10:34 AM
I think this is a great idea. It will be a nice added feature leading up to the game.

NYYBombshell
03-03-06, 10:59 AM
Great............another reason for me to hate not having YES.

effdamets
03-03-06, 11:03 AM
Great............another reason for me to hate not having YES.Whoa.... I think I'd die! Is there any way to get the games televised in Georgia? Not to rub it in, but I just got my HiDef TV and will be veiwing the Bombers in HD for this season... Not to mention being able to stop the live action with my new DVR....

DontHateOnNumber2
03-03-06, 11:07 AM
I know :mad: They should stream it on the 'net for us fans who don't live up north.

NYYBombshell
03-03-06, 11:16 AM
Whoa.... I think I'd die! Is there any way to get the games televised in Georgia? Not to rub it in, but I just got my HiDef TV and will be veiwing the Bombers in HD for this season... Not to mention being able to stop the live action with my new DVR....

I can't afford whatever satellite package would carry it, and we already have over 900 channels on our digital cable, so I don't think my parents will be adding another one they won't watch.

effdamets
03-03-06, 11:27 AM
I can't afford whatever satellite package would carry it, and we already have over 900 channels on our digital cable, so I don't think my parents will be adding another one they won't watch.Oh... I feel so sorry for you... Are you able to go to a local bar to watch the games?

Maybe an XM radio? At least you'd be able to listen (not that I'm a supporter of XM).... But sometimes you have to take deperate measures...

BillBuckner
03-03-06, 11:50 AM
All Yankees, All the time. I like it. Lets just hope they dont show the team shower after practice. :eek:

NYYBombshell
03-03-06, 12:52 PM
Oh... I feel so sorry for you... Are you able to go to a local bar to watch the games?

Maybe an XM radio? At least you'd be able to listen (not that I'm a supporter of XM).... But sometimes you have to take deperate measures...

I don't go to bars and even if I did, why would a bar in Georgia carry YES? If anything, they'd have Braves games, not Yankee games.

effdamets
03-03-06, 12:57 PM
I don't go to bars and even if I did, why would a bar in Georgia carry YES? If anything, they'd have Braves games, not Yankee games.
That's not entirely true... When I go to Bobby V's (a sports bar in Stamford CT) they have baseball games on from allover the country. Of course, the Yankees are on the big screen!

So then, how do you get your fill of Yankees baseball?

NYYBombshell
03-03-06, 01:03 PM
That's not entirely true... When I go to Bobby V's (a sports bar in Stamford CT) they have baseball games on from allover the country. Of course, the Yankees are on the big screen!

Well, I doubt seriously that any sports bar in Georgia is carrying YES. They'd have no real reason to.

Here. And every now and again I watch the game online, but that's only if I can block off enough time on the computer to do so.

effdamets
03-03-06, 01:24 PM
Well, I doubt seriously that any sports bar in Georgia is carrying YES. They'd have no real reason to.

Here. And every now and again I watch the game online, but that's only if I can block off enough time on the computer to do so.Well, I'm sad for you.

But, if you look at it in a positive light... You don't have to listen to Michael Kay..... :lol:

NYYBombshell
03-03-06, 01:25 PM
Well, I'm sad for you.

You don't need to be, I'll survive.

HouseThatRingsBuild
03-03-06, 02:00 PM
I can't wait for that.

obsessedyankeefan
03-03-06, 02:20 PM
Way cool!!! I can hardly wait!!!!

CoyoteYankee
03-03-06, 02:50 PM
All Yankees, All the time. I like it. Lets just hope they dont show the team shower after practice. :eek:

Speak for yourself. I wouldn't mind an extended post game show like that!

PerfectCone
03-03-06, 03:37 PM

I used to work at GE Capital - 1600 Summer Street. Bobby V was the Grand Marshall of the Thanksgiving Day parade in Stamford, I think 99. My co-workers and I made it a point to run down to the front of the building decked out in our new Yankees championship t's and heckle him. He had a good laugh, but the people around us were appalled. Ah well, I'm used to that reaction being a New Yorker here in Texas! :D

Kulish29
03-03-06, 03:43 PM

I'd love to have it too. Too bad the Direct TV package with YES on it is like 80+ bucks a month. And from what I understand, if you live outside of NY, you dont get everything that comes on YES either, only certian things.

obsessedyankeefan
03-03-06, 03:44 PM
Speak for yourself. I wouldn't mind an extended post game show like that!
Neither would I. :evil: :ga-ga:

effdamets
03-03-06, 03:56 PM
I used to work at GE Capital - 1600 Summer Street. Bobby V was the Grand Marshall of the Thanksgiving Day parade in Stamford, I think 99. My co-workers and I made it a point to run down to the front of the building decked out in our new Yankees championship t's and heckle him. He had a good laugh, but the people around us were appalled. Ah well, I'm used to that reaction being a New Yorker here in Texas! :D
I met Bobby V when he had his restaurant in Norwalk. I remember asking him "Does it bother you that Joe Torre is praised for his moves and you are critized?"

He gave a great answer... Joe can do no wrong because his team wins. If it didn't he'd be critized just like me! Then he bought me a drink! So, ever since then, I was a Bobby V. fan....

MunsonNY15
03-03-06, 08:54 PM
I'd love to have it too. Too bad the Direct TV package with YES on it is like 80+ bucks a month. And from what I understand, if you live outside of NY, you dont get everything that comes on YES either, only certian things.

Not that I'm trying to solicit for Directv subscribers, but I'm also an out-of-market Yankees fan (in Chicago) and Directv is the best way to go to get your Yankees fix.

To get YES, it's not quite $80/month, it's more like $57 - $62. Their base Total Choice package is $44.99/mo (+$5 if you also want your local channels) and $12 more to add the Sportspack, which includes YES. If you add additional receivers, DVR service, additional programming, etc., it would get closer to $80, but at minimum you could get YES for $57/month.

As for blackouts, you'll be blacked out of actual games (unless you also subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings pack), Yankees Encore (the replay of that day's game), Yankeeography, History of the Yankees, Yankees Magazine, and Tales of Triumph (all due to MLB blackout restrictions, according to the person at YES who responded to my email. When YES first began I got these shows, but in 2004 the blackouts started.)

But you will see lots of Yankees related programming: pregame and postgame shows (I'm hoping the new BP show will be included, but I'm thinking it will be since pregames have never been blacked out), Centerstage, YES Ultimate Roadtrip, Kids on Deck, Steiner Memories of the Game, Yogi and a Movie, Yankees Classics, Yankees Hot Stove, and the Boston/NY Poker show.

Hope this helps,
Heidi
(Who is at this moment enjoying today's spring training game via her Directv with TiVo receiver!)

Jeter Kid
03-03-06, 09:42 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrr! I Wish I Still Had Yes Network!!!!

MassNYYfan
03-04-06, 12:24 AM
Cool! I just hope I don't get blacked out of it.

Ain't that the truth.... :argh:

Paul Hunter23
03-04-06, 04:44 PM
Not that I'm trying to solicit for Directv subscribers, but I'm also an out-of-market Yankees fan (in Chicago) and Directv is the best way to go to get your Yankees fix.

To get YES, it's not quite $80/month, it's more like $57 - $62. Their base Total Choice package is $44.99/mo (+$5 if you also want your local channels) and $12 more to add the Sportspack, which includes YES. If you add additional receivers, DVR service, additional programming, etc., it would get closer to $80, but at minimum you could get YES for $57/month.

As for blackouts, you'll be blacked out of actual games (unless you also subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings pack), Yankees Encore (the replay of that day's game), Yankeeography, History of the Yankees, Yankees Magazine, and Tales of Triumph (all due to MLB blackout restrictions, according to the person at YES who responded to my email. When YES first began I got these shows, but in 2004 the blackouts started.)

But you will see lots of Yankees related programming: pregame and postgame shows (I'm hoping the new BP show will be included, but I'm thinking it will be since pregames have never been blacked out), Centerstage, YES Ultimate Roadtrip, Kids on Deck, Steiner Memories of the Game, Yogi and a Movie, Yankees Classics, Yankees Hot Stove, and the Boston/NY Poker show.

Hope this helps,
Heidi
(Who is at this moment enjoying today's spring training game via her Directv with TiVo receiver!)

Hi Heidi. Any word of MLB relaxing their rigid blackout rules for Yankeeography, History of the Yankees, et all?

As well, Do you think we'll be seeing the Yankees in HD out of market on MLB XI with Directv?

MunsonNY15
03-05-06, 12:31 PM
Not according

MunsonNY15
03-05-06, 12:34 PM
Hi Heidi. Any word of MLB relaxing their rigid blackout rules for Yankeeography, History of the Yankees, et all?

As well, Do you think we'll be seeing the Yankees in HD out of market on MLB XI with Directv?

Not according to the person at YES who responded to my email. When YES first began, I could see everything out of market - even Yankees Encore. But in 2004 the blackouts began. When I emailed YES, the woman who responded said the blackouts were at the direction of MLB and YES had no control. My assumption was that MLB would be making money off of Yankeeography DVD sales and therefore didn't want to give it away for free. Same thinking with Encore, I guess. MLB Extra Innings subscriptions allows you to see the games once, not over and over.

Sorry, I don't know much about HD plans. I was all set to get an HD television when I bought my last set, but then I read that YES HD broadcasts are for in-market only. Saved me some money, but depressed me at the same time :(

But, ever the optimist, at least I get to see most games, even if they're not HD. When I was a kid my only opportunities to see the Yankees were when they came to town to play the White Sox (blah!), ABC Monday Night Baseball, NBC Saturday Afternoon Baseball (but only, of course, if the Yankees were playing in the featured game of these two networks), and highlights on This Week in Baseball. I wonder how I survived? :)

Panamaniac42
03-05-06, 01:10 PM
As usual there is some "playa-hating" going on after this announcement, with the typical "Al-Yankzeera" BS remarks in the press. Hey a-holes, it's the YES Network, get over it. I think it's a fantastic idea. I'd rather catch BP than watch Russo run his mouth while Francesa sips a diet coke.

ZYanksRule
03-05-06, 06:11 PM
That's a really neat idea. Basically, makes it an hour long pregame show, which is awesome.

Paul Hunter23
03-05-06, 08:27 PM
Sorry, I don't know much about HD plans. I was all set to get an HD television when I bought my last set, but then I read that YES HD broadcasts are for in-market only. Saved me some money, but depressed me at the same time :(

But, ever the optimist, at least I get to see most games, even if they're not HD. When I was a kid my only opportunities to see the Yankees were when they came to town to play the White Sox (blah!), ABC Monday Night Baseball, NBC Saturday Afternoon Baseball (but only, of course, if the Yankees were playing in the featured game of these two networks), and highlights on This Week in Baseball. I wonder how I survived? :)

I was under the impression if you were an out of market subscriber to MLB XI last year, you could catch the Yankees in HD on channel 94(with Directv). Hopefully that will be the case this year. Go get that HD set.