PDA

View Full Version : Need info on how to obtain spring training tickets, probably from a broker

Stryder2929
02-24-06, 08:38 PM
I am visiting family in Boca Raton Florida, the week of the 11th through 18th of march.. i noticed the yankees are playing the cards on the 16th in jupiter, and the marlins the following day also in jupiter. which is not far from boca.

But both days are sold out according to mlb.com

does anyone know of a method i can go about getting tickets for these games, or am i out of luck?

Gringaloca
02-24-06, 09:08 PM
I am visiting family in Boca Raton Florida, the week of the 11th through 18th of march.. i noticed the yankees are playing the cards on the 16th in jupiter, and the marlins the following day also in jupiter. which is not far from boca.

But both days are sold out according to mlb.com

does anyone know of a method i can go about getting tickets for these games, or am i out of luck?

Check that schedule again. They play the Cards on the 17th(Friday) and the Marlins on the 18th (Saturday). Both games are at 1:05 p.m.
I have tickets for both games. I got them from my Brother-in-law who has a contact at the Roger Dean Stadium Box Office.
They sold out those individual game tickets the day they went on sale to the public according to him. They even had a lottery/blood drive to potential buyers standing in line to purchase them...how crazy is that?

Your best chance is to show up early to RDS and try to buy some 'extra's outside the Stadium. Might have a better chance on Friday...workday..than Saturday.
I HAVE tickets and I plan on being there by 10 a.m. just to catch batting practice & get some pix & autographs if possible.

Just me thoughts...Good Luck! :)

JDPNYY
02-24-06, 09:31 PM
Check that schedule again. They play the Cards on the 17th(Friday) and the Marlins on the 18th (Saturday). Both games are at 1:05 p.m.
I have tickets for both games. I got them from my Brother-in-law who has a contact at the Roger Dean Stadium Box Office.
They sold out those individual game tickets the day they went on sale to the public according to him. They even had a lottery/blood drive to potential buyers standing in line to purchase them...how crazy is that?

Your best chance is to show up early to RDS and try to buy some 'extra's outside the Stadium. Might have a better chance on Friday...workday..than Saturday.
I HAVE tickets and I plan on being there by 10 a.m. just to catch batting practice & get some pix & autographs if possible.

Just me thoughts...Good Luck! :)

Plenty of Mets tickets for sale to ALL games up the road a bit in Port St Lucie.

Gringaloca
02-24-06, 09:36 PM
Plenty of Mets tickets for sale to ALL games up the road a bit in Port St Lucie.

And plenty available for the Orioles games down the road in Fort Lauderdale... ;)

Actually, it's just around the corner from my office off Commercial Blvd. Might have to sneak away next week at lunchtime to get a ST 'fix'.. :D

JDPNYY
02-24-06, 09:38 PM
And plenty available for the Orioles games down the road in Fort Lauderdale... ;)

Actually, it's just around the corner from my office off Commercial Blvd. Might have to sneak away next week at lunchtime to get a ST 'fix'.. :D

Sounds like a great idea. I'd definitely go If I were you.

Jim F.
02-24-06, 10:04 PM
I've helped people in my company order tickets for several games this Spring. They didn't cost a lot either, considering they were from a broker. They arrived the very next day.

Here's a link to the ST schedule, and each game has a direct link to tickets for that game.

http://www.nyyfans.com/schedule.php?season_type=2

Looking at it just now for the first time in a few weeks, the selection is considerable thinner than it had been, so I wouldn't wait too long. One game I just looked at had 2 tickets available for 2 rows behind the dugout (prime autograph territory!), and they were only $66 each.

You get tickets to see the Yankees in ST and you help generate some much needed revenue for this site at the same time. It's a win-win.

-jim

Stryder2929
02-24-06, 10:10 PM
yeah i am prob gonna go to some met games instead.. iwa sjust really hoping i could see the yankees anywhere within a 2 hr drive from west palm beach/boca area

JamieMadrox
02-25-06, 02:53 AM
only $66 for spring training tickets, yeesh. That's a 300% markup from face value :(

JDPNYY
02-25-06, 08:57 AM
only $66 for spring training tickets, yeesh. That's a 300% markup from face value :(

It's worth it to see ARod, Jeter, Damon etc. play.

Oh wait...

yankeezombie
02-25-06, 11:32 AM
I was at Legends field in Tampa 2 years ago. I already had my tickets ahead of time. The 3 games the Yankees were playing at home that week, there had to be 2 dozen people outside the field selling tickets ( and not at 66 $). I would just go to the stadium and check it out. I'm sure you would be able to get in.

Good luck.