PDA

View Full Version : Ticket upgrades

busyninja
02-01-06, 06:00 PM
Anybody apply for a season ticket package upgrade? How did you do? Were you successful, at least in your eyes?

yankeebot
02-01-06, 06:24 PM
Anybody apply for a season ticket package upgrade? How did you do? Were you successful, at least in your eyes?I went from the flex plan to the C plan and am totally pleased. Great seats, easy transaction, saved money.

BBombers85
02-01-06, 09:26 PM
Hello. First time poster here. I upgraded this offseason from the flex plan to the full season. I used to have the G plan which was very convenient because I got 6 red sox games, 2 mets games, and all the other great games along with playoff benefits (1 game per round), but was unhappy with the flex plan this coming season. Not only was it a hassle to buy the games but when I finally did I got many in row X of the tier. I decided that was it, I dont want to go through the hassle every winter of not getting all the games I wanted and it is very difficult to obtain single game tickets for games vs Red Sox, Mets, and even the White Sox this year. The full season option was great. I spoke to a nice ticket representative (one of the few I've spoken to) who got me great seats in the tier row B. Its going to be a great season and I'm hoping to make as many games as possible.Take care all!

stephsamps
02-02-06, 10:05 AM
I have the sunday plan. Am in the MR and wanted to try to move closer to the plate. It didn't happen.

busyninja
02-02-06, 11:21 AM
I bet you have better seats than I have. Where are you? I am in MR Section 28, and I consider that an improvement.

YankeePride1967
02-02-06, 11:51 AM
I don't know how you do it on a season basis, but on a game basis I can help. Get to the game right when the gates open (go to the gate by the bat) and then take a right to the ticket window. You can upgrade (depending on availability) to that day's game. Only catches are you have to pay cash and you pay the game-day price. It works for me 9 out of every 10 times I try.

stephsamps
02-02-06, 12:39 PM
I bet you have better seats than I have. Where are you? I am in MR Section 28, and I consider that an improvement.

MR 26, we're neighbors!

StaceyRosie
02-02-06, 12:43 PM
I love my Upper Deck seats too much to upgrade. Isn't that weird?

yankeebot
02-02-06, 12:44 PM
I love my Upper Deck seats too much to upgrade. Isn't that weird?Not at all. I love the upper deck.

StaceyRosie
02-02-06, 12:52 PM
Not at all. I love the upper deck.

It's too quiet in some sections of the lower section. I feel like I can't get crazy and cheer and jump up and down like I do in the Upper Deck.

wexy
02-02-06, 01:10 PM
It's too quiet in some sections of the lower section. I feel like I can't get crazy and cheer and jump up and down like I do in the Upper Deck.

The most important thing about where we sit in the Upper Deck is that people are not constantly walking in front of you. My friend Cindy has tickets in lower boxes during the week and when she invites me, I'm always looking around people or yelling "down in front" half the game.

tiyuri
02-02-06, 01:36 PM
I'd be concerned about Tier Row B unless you are really tall. You will have people walking in front of you the whole game and if you are on the aisle you will have people walking up and down all game. We had Row C on an aisle one year and that was tough.

BBombers85
02-02-06, 02:49 PM
How bad would you describe it as? I am about 5'10" and when I first heard about the quality of the seats I called the ticket office and obviously them being the salesmen they are told me that not only are these the best season ticket tier seats available, but that the obstruction is overblown and it is not bad at all. I was wondering if I can get feedback from people who have actually experienced sitting in row B of the tier. Thanks and take care all.

tiyuri
02-02-06, 05:12 PM
It also varies by section since the walkway around the Tier is not level all the way around. I am pretty short (5'5") and one game that was not sold well, I went up each row in a tier section to see where I could see over people and Row G/H was the best I could get.

The Yankees sell Row A & B of all Tier sections as obstructed view:
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/ticketing/stadium_guide.jsp#o

I hated it. It breaks up the game and I found it hard to concentrate. If noone is walking in front of you then they are the best seats in the Tier because you are so low. However, there are constantly people walking in front of you. It's more than that too, you will also have people who stand in front of you for extended periods before ushers/security shoo them along. We moved to a different (higher) location the next year and it has really made a big difference. Yeah we are somewhat further away, but we can actually see the game which is what you pay for.

BBombers85
02-03-06, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I called today and changed to row K in section 4, so I'm set!! :-).

YankeePride1967
02-04-06, 08:47 AM
I can't stand the upper deck. I've never had beer spilled on me on the lower deck. Never had a bunch of drunks shouting and constantly getting up to piss every other pitch down below. I like the view from the upper deck though as long as I'm between the bases.

CoyoteYankee
02-04-06, 10:27 AM
I can't stand the upper deck. I've never had beer spilled on me on the lower deck. Never had a bunch of drunks shouting and constantly getting up to piss every other pitch down below. I like the view from the upper deck though as long as I'm between the bases.

I guess it depends what you are looking for at the game. I'm an upper deck girl. I love the raucous atmosphere. And it isn't at all that I don't pay attention to every minute of the game because I keep score at every one. If you want more polite company then the lower decks are better. I have sat everywhere in the Stadium and still love the upper deck the best.

YankeePride1967
02-04-06, 11:30 AM
I guess it depends what you are looking for at the game. I'm an upper deck girl. I love the raucous atmosphere. And it isn't at all that I don't pay attention to every minute of the game because I keep score at every one. If you want more polite company then the lower decks are better. I have sat everywhere in the Stadium and still love the upper deck the best.

I score them too. It's not that I haven't had good times up stairs, it's just that I have to deal with more drunks up there. I have no problem with beer, it's when I'm around people that come to the stadium to drink.

BBombers85
02-06-06, 05:21 PM
Hey there. This is completely unrelated to this posting topic, but Ive seen in the past people have been digusted with the ticket office (some or most may still be). A friend of mine sent me this article. Looks like the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" fans have it worse than us. Check it out:

http://intix.org/news.php?ArticleID=1786

Take care all.

scronin
02-07-06, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I called today and changed to row K in section 4, so I'm set!! :-).

I'll be seeing you on saturdays then...same section, row D. Its an interesting crowd there (at least on Saturdays).

busyninja
02-07-06, 03:41 PM
At the risk of sounding like a heretic, this is the first year that I had very good experiences with the Yankees ticket office. The fellow on the telephone line spent almost 25 minutes on the phone with me when I was trying (successfully) to upgrade seat location and number of seats.

The ironic thing is, I moved from Loge, which I enjoyed, to Main Reserve, downstairs, and my tickets per seat now clost $5.00 less.

Was ticket sales outsourced this year? The Yankees had an 800 phone number just for ticket sales, in addition to the usual 718 number.

161 and River Ave.
02-07-06, 11:55 PM
This doesn't technically concern the Yankees, but does anyone know the date that Mets tickets go on sale. I'm only asking b/c I plan on getting tix for when we are in Shea for May 18-20. Their website said end of Feb., but I couldn't find an exact date....

BBombers85
02-08-06, 08:17 AM
does anyone know the date that Mets tickets go on sale.....

I believe its always the last weekend in February. I know this only because I have stood on line trying to get subway series tickets in the freezing cold. However, last year I did not and just tried buying it online a week before the series and they were still available. However, thats not something to bank on :-). My guess and most probable on-sale date: Feb 25 or 26. Take care and good luck

161 and River Ave.
02-08-06, 11:23 AM
I believe its always the last weekend in February. I know this only because I have stood on line trying to get subway series tickets in the freezing cold. However, last year I did not and just tried buying it online a week before the series and they were still available. However, thats not something to bank on :-). My guess and most probable on-sale date: Feb 25 or 26. Take care and good luck

Thanks a bunch