PDA

View Full Version : Polonia's niece dead from drug od

Bxboy
01-27-06, 10:53 AM
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/59543.htm

TRAGIC YANKEE NIECE
By DOUGLAS MONTERO, PHILIP MESSING and MARSHA KRANES

BX. TOT EATS COKE, DIES
A 2-year-old niece of former Yankee player Luis Polonia died after swallowing cocaine left around her Bronx apartment by her mother's suspected-drug-dealer boyfriend, police said.

Relatives of Sherlyn Polonia said yesterday they were appalled when investigators broke the horrific news to them.

"I couldn't believe it when they told us that the reason the baby died was because there was cocaine in her blood," said the little girl's great-uncle, Abel Almontes. "We never expected this to happen in our family."

He said Sherlyn's father, Josť Polonia, lives in Santiago, Dominican Republic, and is the brother of outfielder Luis Polonia, who retired after the 2000 season.

Luis Polonia, who was playing in the Dominican Winter League playoffs this week, could not be reached for comment.

snip

StaceyRosie
01-27-06, 10:54 AM
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/59543.htm

TRAGIC YANKEE NIECE
By DOUGLAS MONTERO, PHILIP MESSING and MARSHA KRANES

BX. TOT EATS COKE, DIES
A 2-year-old niece of former Yankee player Luis Polonia died after swallowing cocaine left around her Bronx apartment by her mother's suspected-drug-dealer boyfriend, police said.

Relatives of Sherlyn Polonia said yesterday they were appalled when investigators broke the horrific news to them.

"I couldn't believe it when they told us that the reason the baby died was because there was cocaine in her blood," said the little girl's great-uncle, Abel Almontes. "We never expected this to happen in our family."

He said Sherlyn's father, Josť Polonia, lives in Santiago, Dominican Republic, and is the brother of outfielder Luis Polonia, who retired after the 2000 season.

Luis Polonia, who was playing in the Dominican Winter League playoffs this week, could not be reached for comment.

snip

That was a relative of Polonia?! Wow!

YankClipper5
01-27-06, 11:06 AM
WOAH! I read the story in the Daily News and I don't recall mention of Luis. A very sad story at any rate.

DontHateOnNumber2
01-27-06, 11:30 AM
That's a terrible tragedy, RIP to the child. Death to the drug-dealer boyfriend.

slickknick
01-27-06, 11:38 AM
Terribly, sad story. I hope she didn't suffer. the Boyfriend should be executed. A better Mom would have chosen better who she keeps company with, her daughter deserved better.

yanksconstantino24
01-27-06, 12:28 PM
I don't understand how any parent could allow someone to endanger his or her child like that. That is just so irresponsible.

JeffWeaverFan
01-27-06, 02:14 PM
Reminds me of a guy I know with a horrible drug problem. He has a son that has got to be about 8 years old and he does drugs around him all the time. I always felt bad for that kid.

yankeebot
01-27-06, 02:42 PM
Now here is a case where it is appropriate to blame the parents. We have to have a license to drive a car, cut hair or repair a toilet but anyone can have a child. What a horrible story.

StaceyRosie
01-27-06, 03:12 PM
I don't understand how any parent could allow someone to endanger his or her child like that. That is just so irresponsible.

Some people are ................ing stupid.

NYYBombshell
01-27-06, 03:15 PM
What kind of mother allows someone like that ANYWHERE near their child?

Oh that's right........a sh*tty one. That mother will have to live with this for the rest of her life.

yankeebot
01-27-06, 03:21 PM
That mother will have to live with this for the rest of her life.I just wish the rest of her life would be in prison.