PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos Season 6

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mattpat11
06-04-06, 09:18 PM
The calm before the storm.

One problem this show really has that they need to correct. [I]Everyone[I] looks exactly the same. I mean, they always did, but at least in the past everyone had a personality and and was distinguisable. it was "hey, its Bobby!" or " its Vito Spatafore!" or Gino from a few seasons back. Relatively minor part, but I knew who he was. Now all season I've been going "Uh...I think that may be a friend of such and such that we met a few episodes back. He looks kind of familiar..."

And the woman are just as bad. They needed to make the realtor look significantly different than the wife. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on for the first half of the episode.

They've probably introduced 15 new characters this season and I know maybe half of them, less by name.

PeteRFNY
06-04-06, 09:30 PM
They weren't all together. Meadow wasn't there.

Well, I think that's certainly the last time we'll see them all together and happy, Meadow or not.

I thought it was pretty wild that Tony ended up being the bigger man and going to see Phil in the hospital. I wonder if Phil will take what Tony said to heart, or still be an old-school prick when / if he gets out of the hosptial.

jlw1980
06-04-06, 09:47 PM
Well, I think that's certainly the last time we'll see them all together and happy, Meadow or not.

I thought it was pretty wild that Tony ended up being the bigger man and going to see Phil in the hospital. I wonder if Phil will take what Tony said to heart, or still be an old-school prick when / if he gets out of the hosptial.

We'll just have to wait seven months to find out... :mad:

I wonder who it was Phil was planning on whacking. Maybe Christopher?

ALR83
06-04-06, 10:27 PM
I'm just so lost on this season. I have no idea what the hell I just watched, it just seemed so all jumbled most of the time to me.

I really hope the last season will be a lot better than this was.

yankeegeek
06-04-06, 11:04 PM
We'll just have to wait seven months to find out... :mad:

I wonder who it was Phil was planning on whacking. Maybe Christopher?

My wife and I said the same thing about Chistopher. He's gonna get it.

Strange episode. I feel that they are setting thing up for a dirty ending to the show. Who was that guy that was in the hospital at the end with Tony after seeing Phil??

Yanksin2k6
06-04-06, 11:57 PM
Who was that guy that was in the hospital at the end with Tony after seeing Phil??
One of Phils little freaks. This season was horrible. Im sorry but they really ruined a fun show to watch. Brokeback Sopranos and this last show, what the hell was going on? Where is this amazing season ending finale I was waiting for? Tony kisses Phils ass and thats that?

Thank god there are only 8 more shows left. I couldnt take anymore of this garbage.

I miss the first 3 season :(

I also think its Chris thats gonna get it. I thought it was gonna happen when he was walking out of the dinner.

There better be gang wars in the last 8 shows LOL!!

Mattpat11
06-05-06, 12:47 AM
One of Phils little freaks. This season was horrible. Im sorry but they really ruined a fun show to watch. Brokeback Sopranos and this last show, what the hell was going on? Where is this amazing season ending finale I was waiting for? Tony kisses Phils ass and thats that?

Thank god there are only 8 more shows left. I couldnt take anymore of this garbage.

I also think its Chris thats gonna get it. I thought it was gonna happen when he was walking out of the dinner.

There better be gang wars in the last 8 shows LOL!! Nothing will ever be as bad as that fourth season. It had maybe my favorite episode of all time (the intervention) and a good Ralphie episode, but I'd say there were a good five to six episodes that I'd rank deep into the negative stars with a miserable finale to boot. It had Carmella loves Furio, which almost completely killed my interest in the show and just a ton of nothing.

Maybe that's why this season didnt seem as bad for me.

RhodeyYankee2638
06-05-06, 05:01 AM

There better be gang wars in the last 8 shows LOL!!

i love how people say its garbage, then admit they will watch the next season. theres a simple way around it, stop watching

silverdsl
06-05-06, 08:32 AM
I'm not as avid of a fan of The Sopranos as some, but to me it was a really underwhelming episode.

I also was expecting Christopher to get whacked, and I think he's had it coming for a long time so I wouldn't have been too upset if it had happened.... but nothing. :dunno:

Jim F.
06-05-06, 08:38 AM
If Christopher didn't get it last night (there were ample opportunities), he won't get it at all. Everybody (myself included) was expecting him to get whacked last night - and he didn't. Chase has a way of doing the opposite of what's expected.

I'm still wondering if the Gino storyline is ever going to come back into play, or of it was just a shocking way to start the new season.

-jim

tdel23
06-05-06, 08:46 AM
i'm not going to go out of my way to watch this show again, what a let down "season"

boo_427
06-05-06, 08:54 AM
Even when the episodes aren't as entertaining as others this is still one of the best well written and acted shows on TV.

I thought last night was pretty good. I had been waiting on the Chrissy episode and it finally came.

Tony having Sil finally do something about Carm's spec house was hilarious. She was too pre-occupied with trying to find Aid and she needed something to keep her busy.

Christmas in June... that was funny. Christopher or Paulie seem to be the logical choice for the NY crew.

NYY EcKo151
06-05-06, 09:17 AM
Last night was pretty disappointing...The funny thing was when Carmine Jr. dropped the "Your brother Billy"...Then Tony tries to get up immediately and say his goodbyes then Phil just goes off...

Chris and that real-estate girl smoking from foil into a tube? I have never seen that and I assume that was coke?...AJ getting down with that Domican girl was funny, she's pretty fine...But to get the kids away he gives away a bike? Cmon, show some of your pops' side! :D

I think that's just abou it...Tony going soft with the speech to Phil, ehh no comment...Other than that? A very average episode...And this season has been below average, but in 6 months, you know we're gonna watch...

boo_427
06-05-06, 09:22 AM
Chris and that real-estate girl smoking from foil into a tube? I have never seen that and I assume that was coke?...AJ getting down with that Domican girl was funny, she's pretty fine...But to get the kids away he gives away a bike? Cmon, show some of your pops' side! :D

Heroin. (injected, smoked, snorted)

PeteRFNY
06-05-06, 10:07 AM
AJ's uber-pansified wimpyness is starting to make ME nervous, and he's not even MY kid.

Guess that's why I have CATS. ;)

nhyankeefan
06-05-06, 10:11 AM
Last night was pretty disappointing...The funny thing was when Carmine Jr. dropped the "Your brother Billy"...Then Tony tries to get up immediately and say his goodbyes then Phil just goes off...

I think that's just abou it...Tony going soft with the speech to Phil, ehh no comment...Other than that? A very average episode...And this season has been below average, but in 6 months, you know we're gonna watch...

I thought Carmine's comment was interesting and definitely intentional. He probably wants NY and Jersey to go to war so he can take over the top spot after his last attempt failed.

Anyone else think it was strange that getting tea for Julianna's cold lead to a relapse for her and Chris. Unless I missed something that doesn't make any sense.

Yanksin2k6
06-05-06, 10:27 AM
i love how people say its garbage, then admit they will watch the next season. theres a simple way around it, stop watching

The show took a turn for the crappy. I have watched from the start and I always hope to catch that little glimmer of what the show used to be.

But i cant lie. I think this season stunk. As for the last 8 shows, I'll probably watch them and pray that they will pick up where the good shows left off.

THERE NEEDS TO BE A BLOOD BATH!!

If i want to see 2 guys getting it on I'll rent brokeback mountain. Actually, I bet there was more guy on guy on this show!! LOL!!

Bambino22
06-05-06, 10:31 AM
The season stunk.

That said there are definetly the seeds in place for a vivid and exciting final 8 episodes.

Yanksin2k6
06-05-06, 10:38 AM
The season stunk.

That said there are definetly the seeds in place for a vivid and exciting final 8 episodes.

I hope so because if Tony falls in love with Chris, I will shoot myself!!!

Chesbro41
06-05-06, 12:20 PM
I thought Carmine's comment was interesting and definitely intentional. He probably wants NY and Jersey to go to war so he can take over the top spot after his last attempt failed.

Anyone else think it was strange that getting tea for Julianna's cold lead to a relapse for her and Chris. Unless I missed something that doesn't make any sense.

The tea was apparently part of the same family as Valium...

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
06-05-06, 01:45 PM
AJ getting down with that Domican girl was funny, she's pretty fine...But to get the kids away he gives away a bike? Cmon, show some of your pops' side! :D.

:-rofl-:
It was a 3000 dollar piece of azz....the girl is hot but damn! But all AJ cared about was getting the drawers ( I love kids! ) so it makes sense, I mean we all knew he wasn't going to get real with them.

YankeesFanNuffSaid
06-05-06, 02:49 PM
Uncle June after handing the orderly the envelope: "One hand washes the other."

I wonder what that meant, if it's a payoff and if it'll come into play next season. With Chase you never know.

In Mo I Trust
06-05-06, 03:00 PM
This was a bad season. Hopefully there are some fireworks in the final episodes.

Jim F.
06-05-06, 03:12 PM
But to get the kids away he gives away a bike? Cmon, show some of your pops' side!Seeing AJ actually use his head for once and not do what his father would have done actually redeamed his character, IMO. He went down there to 'regulate', but saw that there were 3 of them and that he'd get his ass beat.

RhodeyYankee2638
06-05-06, 03:23 PM
Seeing AJ actually use his head for once and not do what his father would have done actually redeamed his character, IMO. He went down there to 'regulate', but saw that there were 3 of them and that he'd get his ass beat.

As i've said before, I think Chase is parelelling AJ with Tony. AJ made peace instead of trying to beat up those 3 guys, Tony made peace with Phil later on in the episode

RhodeyYankee2638
06-05-06, 03:24 PM
Uncle June after handing the orderly the envelope: "One hand washes the other."

I wonder what that meant, if it's a payoff and if it'll come into play next season. With Chase you never know.

Is he really screwed up or is he playing it? I think thats what they are teasing us with

ALR83
06-05-06, 03:39 PM
Is he really screwed up or is he playing it? I think thats what they are teasing us with

I've always had a feeling he was playing it.

Giambina
06-05-06, 09:36 PM
First of all...I could've sworn they've been saying there would be two episodes in the finale. Then the one.
I was a little disappointed with the episode. It was sweet that Tony made nice with Phil, but I don't like Phil. He's dangerous. And he still has to get revenge for his brother. All I can say about Carm, is that she has turned into quite the kvetch. He hands her a trip to Paris, a sack of cash, and she still finds ways to whine or complain about something.
But I will definitely watch the last season...and still want more after that.
Oh HBO God...thank you for DEADWOOD and ENTOURAGE starting this Sunday

jlw1980
06-06-06, 12:14 AM
:-rofl-:
It was a 3000 dollar piece of azz....the girl is hot but damn! But all AJ cared about was getting the drawers ( I love kids! ) so it makes sense, I mean we all knew he wasn't going to get real with them.

Seriously, he could've gotten someone just as hot a) without giving away his bike, and b) without somebody else's kid. I wouldn't call that using his head. I'd call it wanting to get laid right then and there. I liked it when Carmela said, "She's got to be 10 years older than he is! And Puerto Rican?" And Tony said, "Dominican, maybe." And Carm says, "Well, at least she's Catholic." :lol:

YankeesFanNuffSaid
06-06-06, 12:45 AM

Exactly. If I were a beating man, I'd say that Uncle June isn't as screwed up as Chase is leading us to believe and that this will be one of the crucial "surprises" and a missing piece to the puzzle next season.

On the other hand, this seems too easy. You're right - it's a tease.

Jim F.
06-06-06, 08:29 AM
Exactly. If I were a beating man, I'd say that Uncle June isn't as screwed up as Chase is leading us to believe and that this will be one of the crucial "surprises" and a missing piece to the puzzle next season.

On the other hand, this seems too easy. You're right - it's a tease.Nah... all of the possible storylines that we've speculated on haven't come to fruition all season long, and instead we've gotten some lazy-ass boring writing.

I was enumerating all the possible theories with Deb last night, and it was amazing just how many there were this year.

- The Gino storline biting Tony in the ass, or playing any role whatsoever
- Bobby Bacala shooting the rapper in the "fleshy part of the thigh" coming back to haunt the crew
- "Da vipaz" coming back to haunt the crew, possibly through "Johnnycakes"
- Agent Harris work for DHS and infultrating Tony's crew due to Chris getting wrapped up with those arabic dudes that keep appearing
- Carm going to the FBI in regard to Aid, or Aid's mother seeking revenge on Tony and his crew?
- Paulie cheaping out on the ride at the festival and injuring Janice and putting Tony's niece at risk dividing the crew
- Paulie being upset at Tony's handling of the Vito situation so he joins up with the NY crew
- Tony's beefcake driver getting pissed and seeking revenge on Tony
...and that's just from this season!

From other seasons?
- Feech La Manna getting out of jail (again) and seeking revenge
- Patsy finally blowing his top in regard to his twin brother who got capped in one of the first few seasons
... and I'm sure there are others...

What I decided was that the writers considered all of these storylines, and decided not to use them because they came up with something much better. At least that's what I'm hoping for, anyway...

Other thoughts... this show has taken a huge step down without two characters being more prominent: Hesh and Johnny Sacks. Probably two of the best characters on the show. Hesh all but disappeared.

Oh well.

-jim

Murderers Row
06-06-06, 11:45 AM
I just watched the finale yesterday (tivo'd it), & quite frankly thought it sucked. I thought for sure one of the Soprano crew were gonna get it, but no action happened. How many years will we have to wait for the next/last season?

Mattpat11
06-06-06, 02:31 PM
Nah... all of the possible storylines that we've speculated on haven't come to fruition all season long, and instead we've gotten some lazy-ass boring writing.

I was enumerating all the possible theories with Deb last night, and it was amazing just how many there were this year.

- The Gino storline biting Tony in the ass, or playing any role whatsoever
- Bobby Bacala shooting the rapper in the "fleshy part of the thigh" coming back to haunt the crew
- "Da vipaz" coming back to haunt the crew, possibly through "Johnnycakes"
- Agent Harris work for DHS and infultrating Tony's crew due to Chris getting wrapped up with those arabic dudes that keep appearing
- Carm going to the FBI in regard to Aid, or Aid's mother seeking revenge on Tony and his crew?
- Paulie cheaping out on the ride at the festival and injuring Janice and putting Tony's niece at risk dividing the crew
- Paulie being upset at Tony's handling of the Vito situation so he joins up with the NY crew
- Tony's beefcake driver getting pissed and seeking revenge on Tony
...and that's just from this season!

From other seasons?
- Feech La Manna getting out of jail (again) and seeking revenge
- Patsy finally blowing his top in regard to his twin brother who got capped in one of the first few seasons
... and I'm sure there are others...

What I decided was that the writers considered all of these storylines, and decided not to use them because they came up with something much better. At least that's what I'm hoping for, anyway...

Other thoughts... this show has taken a huge step down without two characters being more prominent: Hesh and Johnny Sacks. Probably two of the best characters on the show. Hesh all but disappeared.

Oh well.

-jim The rape of Melfi is the storyline that really needs to be resolved

RhodeyYankee2638
06-06-06, 03:51 PM
The rape of Melfi is the storyline that really needs to be resolved

I was thinking about this for a while, but if they wanna whack someone close to Tony, you think they might whack Melfi? They know he goes to a shrink, and they could probably find out who she is

jlw1980
06-06-06, 04:10 PM
The rape of Melfi is the storyline that really needs to be resolved

Yup, that's a big one. And what's going to happen to Uncle Junior for shooting Tony? And what's up with the FBI dude who's always at Satriale's? Something has to happen with him. I agree with whoever said it could have something to do with the Arabs.

RhodeyYankee2638
06-06-06, 04:11 PM
Yup, that's a big one. And what's going to happen to Uncle Junior for shooting Tony? And what's up with the FBI dude who's always at Satriale's? Something has to happen with him. I agree with whoever said it could have something to do with the Arabs.

the biggest question of all time is Where is the Russian?

jlw1980
06-06-06, 04:13 PM
the biggest question of all time is Where is the Russian?

Yeah, I missed that season, but I've read about it. I need to rent it. :)

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
06-06-06, 07:11 PM

That situation could be what really sinks the crew and I think they will get into it more next season. The Russian storyline would have been cool as hell if it was developed but I think that's that, if they didn't get to it by now I don't think they will.

RhodeyYankee2638
06-06-06, 08:48 PM
That situation could be what really sinks the crew and I think they will get into it more next season. The Russian storyline would have been cool as hell if it was developed but I think that's that, if they didn't get to it by now I don't think they will.

just to let you know, im 100% positive the Russian or the Rapist of Melfi aren't going to be brought up. In an interview with Chase, he said that he wasn't rehashing that stuff, it was only meant for 1 or 2 episodes

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
06-06-06, 10:21 PM
just to let you know, im 100% positive the Russian or the Rapist of Melfi aren't going to be brought up. In an interview with Chase, he said that he wasn't rehashing that stuff, it was only meant for 1 or 2 episodes

By sinking the crew I was talking about the Arabic dudes - Christopher connection. There's no way Agent Harris is chilling out at Satriales because of the prociutto.

thecaptain
06-22-06, 10:46 PM
Gandolfini, whose own bitter contract squabble with HBO three years ago escalated into a court battle before it was settled, is hosting a sit-down this weekend with co-stars Steven Van Zandt and Tony Sirico, according to sources With each of the two actors and HBO still more than $500,000 apart on the money, and Sirico and Van Zandt not budging on their $200,000-an-episode asking price -- more than double their most recent fee -- a conclusion of the groundbreaking series without Paulie and Silvio looms as a real possibility ...........................With the first table read scheduled for July 5, several key cast members, including Lorraine Bracco, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Steven Schirripa and John Ventimiglia, have not signed on the dotted line to continue... Meadow and Tony Jr. made $85,000 per episode last season,
HBO, meanwhile, is flush after scoring a $195 million deal to sell the series' rerun rights to A&E and shouldn't have any trouble coming up with the cash to keep the key cast together for the network's anchor show. But the new contracts need to get inked fast--the table read for the first of the final episodes is set to take place July 5.
Otherwise we won't have to wait until next winter to see who survives the final round of whackings.

RhodyYanksFan
06-23-06, 09:28 AM
I finally got through all the episodes and like most of you I'm pretty disappointed. This season was more of a comedy then the great writing and stories of the first few seasons. The one-liners were great, but it's not what I watch the Sopranos for. Of course I'll still watch the final 8.

thecaptain
06-27-06, 08:56 AM
The New York Post reports Sigler (http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/186733) and Iler (http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/186732)--who play gangster Tony Soprano's children Meadow and A.J., respectively--are set to sign a new $100,000-an-episode deal--$15,000 more than last season.
However, their castmates Tony Sirico (http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/186624) and Steven Van Zandt (http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/186615) are still in negotiations and are reportedly unhappy with the offers they have received so far from HBO.

jlw1980
06-27-06, 12:02 PM
The New York Post reports Sigler (http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/186733) and Iler (http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/186732)--who play gangster Tony Soprano's children Meadow and A.J., respectively--are set to sign a new $100,000-an-episode deal--$15,000 more than last season.
However, their castmates Tony Sirico (http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/186624) and Steven Van Zandt (http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/detail/id/186615) are still in negotiations and are reportedly unhappy with the offers they have received so far from HBO.

With that A&E deal, HBO can afford to pony up the cash. Good grief. You can't have the final episodes without Sil and Paulie.

CoyoteYankee
06-27-06, 12:05 PM

They better do some work for the money. I think that Meadow has been in the show for a total of a half an hour for the last two seasons.

jlw1980
06-27-06, 12:06 PM
They better do some work for the money. I think that Meadow has been in the show for a total of a half an hour for the last two seasons.

That's true. She was markedly absent this past season.

YankeePride1967
06-27-06, 12:07 PM

For them to do that, the writers have to write them in more.

SubwayFanatic
06-27-06, 02:33 PM
Do you think there is any way the show lasts more than these next 8 episodes, or is all but a lock that it's finished?

jlw1980
06-27-06, 02:43 PM
Do you think there is any way the show lasts more than these next 8 episodes, or is all but a lock that it's finished?

I think that'll be it. The show's done.

PeteRFNY
06-27-06, 09:00 PM

Since they turned her into one of the most annoying characters on the show, I wasn't complaining too much.

Eldee5
06-27-06, 09:52 PM
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--sopranos-arrests0627jun27,0,7055110.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

The actor who plays temperamental chef Artie Bucco on "The Sopranos" avoided jail time for driving while impaired in a plea bargain deal, authorities said.

John Ventimiglia, 42, who portrays Tony Soprano's high school buddy on the HBO show, will visit 30 schools to caution against drinking and driving under the agreement announced Monday in a Brooklyn courtroom.

Ventimiglia will also lose his license for 90 days and pay a $500 fine, among other conditions. Ventimiglia was arraigned May 1 on drunken driving, drug possession and other charges after officers spotted him weaving in and out of traffic. The plea to driving while impaired settled all the charges against him.

JDPNYY
06-27-06, 09:53 PM
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--sopranos-arrests0627jun27,0,7055110.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

Thank goodness. The Sopranos would truly suck without Artie Bucco.

jlw1980
07-13-06, 05:23 PM
Gandolfini injured; Season 7 likely delayed until March 2007 :(

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/13/tv.sopranos.ap/index.html

JDPNYY
07-13-06, 06:38 PM
Gandolfini injured; Season 7 likely delayed until March 2007 :(

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/13/tv.sopranos.ap/index.html

Thank goodness. The Sopranos would truly suck without Tony Soprano.

yankeesrule2000
07-13-06, 06:41 PM

lol

That sucks, have to wait a lil longer now.

jlw1980
07-13-06, 07:46 PM

:lol: No kidding.

pjfan
07-15-06, 08:24 AM
"I know the story lines for the final eight, and I am absolutely positively certain that when the curtain comes down on 'Sopranos,' the vast, vast, vast majority of people will say it's one of the great things of all time."

This quote by Chase makes me giddy, but what else is he going to say??

JDPNYY
07-15-06, 08:29 AM
"I know the story lines for the final eight, and I am absolutely positively certain that when the curtain comes down on 'Sopranos,' the vast, vast, vast majority of people will say it's one of the great things of all time."

This quote by Chase makes me giddy, but what else is he going to say??

Sounds like Meadow will probably throw a tantrum or something. I can not wait.

Maybe Paulie's father will be a Priest.

Liquid Sky
08-12-06, 12:24 AM
Sounds like Meadow will probably throw a tantrum or something. I can not wait.

Maybe Paulie's father will be a Priest.
Or how about, with a mere eight episodes left, precious screen time will be spent (as in potentially squandered) on the wildly popular "Cleaver" tangent!! :( Madonn', hasn't all the comedy gold been mined from this sub-plot already? Think I'd rather hear Meadow whine over and over about Finn's suitcase than watch any more of the "Chris-tuh-fuh Moltisanti, Wannabe Producer" storyline, unless there's some real dramatic payoff to it.

Please, Mr. Chase, stop the self-indulgence before it's too late!! No more pairs of socks from you as a gift. To repeat, there are only eight episodes remaining. All due respect, fans of the show request that you use them wisely. Don't let "Cleaver" be a waste of time, capisci?

Daniel Baldwin has been tapped for a potential recurring role in the final episodes of HBO's Emmy-winning mob drama "The Sopranos."

Baldwin will play the star of the horror movie that aspiring filmmaker Christopher (Michael Imperioli) has been working on.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/television/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002952014

powerpinstripes
11-10-06, 01:06 PM
BUMP--

Saw this commercial last night.
Season 6 Part 1 now available on DVD

RhodyYanksFan
11-10-06, 08:20 PM
Reminded me of how dissapointing this season was. They have alot of ground to cover in the final 8 shows. Seasons 1-3 are among the best in TV history, but it just hasn't been the same since.

Octoberbaby
11-10-06, 08:24 PM
Reminded me of how dissapointing this season was. They have alot of ground to cover in the final 8 shows. Seasons 1-3 are among the best in TV history, but it just hasn't been the same since.

I agree! I enjoyed season 6 because it is the Sopranos but it was definitely not as good as previous seasons. I did like the gay storyline though.

jlw1980
11-10-06, 08:28 PM

Yeah, I've rented some of the earlier seasons that I didn't get to see on TV. They definitely were better than this one, though I still liked it.

RhodyYanksFan
11-10-06, 08:29 PM
I agree! I enjoyed season 6 because it is the Sopranos but it was definitely not as good as previous seasons. I did like the gay storyline though.

You did? It was awesome when Vito's head popped up from that guy's lap in season 4, but I didn't need to have the entire season revolve around it.

BRING BACK FURIO!

jlw1980
11-10-06, 08:31 PM
You did? It was awesome when Vito's head popped up from that guy's lap in season 4, but I didn't need to have the entire season revolve around it.

BRING BACK FURIO!

It'd be cool if Carmela ran off with him.

YankeePride1967
11-10-06, 08:32 PM
BUMP--

Saw this commercial last night.
Season 6 Part 1 now available on DVD

Yes I bought it. I saw the final 7 episodes for the first time this week. Thought the season wasn't as good as hoped but not as bad as some say though.

Octoberbaby
11-10-06, 08:49 PM
Yes I bought it. I saw the final 7 episodes for the first time this week. Thought the season wasn't as good as hoped but not as bad as some say though.

I agree it is not as bad as some people are saying. To me it was interesting to see how they dealt with finding out Vito was gay. This gay story line is going to lead to their undoing. It is leading somewhere because the reason they killed that guy in the kitchen was because he was mocking them about Vito. His being gay and them not taking actions against him immediately leaves them open to be dishonored. That is why the killing and Tony walked in on it so he will be implicated in it and it will bring on a war among other things.

Octoberbaby
11-11-06, 10:50 PM
Does anyone know when the last 8 episodes of Season 6 are supposed to aired?

I am so sorry this show is coming to an end. :(

YankeePride1967
11-11-06, 11:33 PM

March, 2007. Also the final 8 episodes of season 3 of Entourage will be paired with Sopranos. Season 4 of Entourage will air in Fall 2007.

jlw1980
11-12-06, 12:03 AM

I hate to see it end, too, but I think it's time. I'll buy all the DVDs at some point. :)

Octoberbaby
11-12-06, 12:08 AM
I hate to see it end, too, but I think it's time. I'll buy all the DVDs at some point. :)

I will buy all the DVDs too! They are having sales on the earlier seasons now. I never get tired of these shows. I can watch them over and over again.

YankeePride1967
11-12-06, 12:12 AM
I will buy all the DVDs too! They are having sales on the earlier seasons now. I never get tired of these shows. I can watch them over and over again.

I have them all (seasons 1-6).

jlw1980
11-12-06, 12:16 AM

Huh, I should snap up the early seasons if they're cheap now. How much are they, approximately? Maybe I'll go and look at Amazon.com. :)

Octoberbaby
11-12-06, 12:38 AM
Huh, I should snap up the early seasons if they're cheap now. How much are they, approximately? Maybe I'll go and look at Amazon.com. :)

I saw seasons 1-3 advertised for as low as $42 per season. I can't remember if it was Circuit City or Best Buy. In any case you can probably get them cheaper on Amazon.com.

Octoberbaby
11-12-06, 12:39 AM
Forgot to mention, the good thing about the DVD is that they have extras on them. I'm so glad now that I didn't buy the Videotape sets before I got a DVD player.

RhodyYanksFan
11-12-06, 07:18 AM
March, 2007. Also the final 8 episodes of season 3 of Entourage will be paired with Sopranos. Season 4 of Entourage will air in Fall 2007.

I hate this new trend of splitting up tv seasons. Bravo to Fox for having the balls to put 24, arguably their best and highest rated show, on non-stop even though it only makes for a half-year season.

YankeePride1967
11-12-06, 08:19 AM
I hate this new trend of splitting up tv seasons. Bravo to Fox for having the balls to put 24, arguably their best and highest rated show, on non-stop even though it only makes for a half-year season.

I love that. 24 though is one show that to me needs to be non-stop. The first 3 seasons of that ran traditionally (September-May) and when you would go 2-4 weeks at a clip w/o a new show you forgot what happened.

YankeePride1967
11-12-06, 08:20 AM
Forgot to mention, the good thing about the DVD is that they have extras on them. I'm so glad now that I didn't buy the Videotape sets before I got a DVD player.

I collect movies and now TV shows on DVD. I have a lot of shows on DVD. The extras are excellent on most of them.

RhodeyYankee2638
11-12-06, 09:33 AM
I love that. 24 though is one show that to me needs to be non-stop. The first 3 seasons of that ran traditionally (September-May) and when you would go 2-4 weeks at a clip w/o a new show you forgot what happened.

I remember the second season took forever to air cause they took 2 weeks off during thanksgiving, and took almost a month off foor Christmas

Octoberbaby
11-15-06, 10:34 PM

I agree with you about that. I think the Sopranos should have made the last 8 shows a new season.

Octoberbaby
11-15-06, 10:35 PM
I collect movies and now TV shows on DVD. I have a lot of shows on DVD. The extras are excellent on most of them.

I'm sure the Soprano's extras are good, too!

Octoberbaby
11-19-06, 01:49 PM
I just read in TV Guide that A&E channel bought the rights to the Sopranos. They will be airing them on A&E, didn't say when. But they will be having to change things to censor the show. For example, cut down violent scenes by a few seconds, cover up the Bada Bing Girls and any other nudity, and also change the bad language with dubbed in sanitized versons. They sure know how to ruin a good thing!

RhodyYanksFan
11-19-06, 02:21 PM
I just read in TV Guide that A&E channel bought the rights to the Sopranos. They will be airing them on A&E, didn't say when. But they will be having to change things to censor the show. For example, cut down violent scenes by a few seconds, cover up the Bada Bing Girls and any other nudity, and also change the bad language with dubbed in sanitized versons. They sure know how to ruin a good thing!

Same with Bravo showing Six Feet Under and TBS showing Sex and the City. It's not worth watching these shows if they're edited.

yanksrule51
11-19-06, 05:51 PM
I don't know if it has something to do with watching the episodes again closer together on my own time or my expectations not being as high but I rewatched season 6 part 1 on DVD and really enjoyed it. I watched it the first time on TV and was bored to death.

The same thing happened to me with season 4. I hated season 4 when I saw it originally. Weird.

YankeePride1967
11-19-06, 05:53 PM
I don't know if it has something to do with watching the episodes again closer together on my own time or my expectations not being as high but I rewatched season 6 part 1 on DVD and really enjoyed it. I watched it the first time on TV and was bored to death.

The same thing happened to me with season 4. I hated season 4 when I saw it originally. Weird.

I watched the first five episodes when I visited here in Florida earlier and at home when someone let me borrow a few. I didn't watch the final seven episodes until the season was released to DVD a few weeks ago and can't understand how people say it was awful. Was it as good as the first two seasons? No, but I thought it was still very good.

Octoberbaby
11-20-06, 12:20 PM
Same with Bravo showing Six Feet Under and TBS showing Sex and the City. It's not worth watching these shows if they're edited.

I agree about Six Feet Under in particular. I have tried to rewatch it on Bravo but just having the commercials ruins it and I am sure they have sanitized it too. The only way to re watch these shows is on DVD.

Octoberbaby
11-20-06, 12:21 PM

There is no way to get around it. These shows are excellent. Even the seasons that were not the best are still head and shoulders above anything else on TV.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-21-06, 04:27 PM

No doubt, I thought episode 1 of season 6 was the best of the whole season. The Wire, on the other hand, gives one good episode after another. I really hope Sopranos gets back to that level of storytelling for the final season.

YankeePride1967
11-21-06, 04:38 PM
There was a small article in today's USA Today that says the second half of season 6 was extended to a ninth episode.

Octoberbaby
11-21-06, 06:40 PM
There was a small article in today's USA Today that says the second half of season 6 was extended to a ninth episode.

Yay!! I wish they were having a full 13 but I will take 9. :P

SubwayFanatic
11-21-06, 09:38 PM
I watched the first five episodes when I visited here in Florida earlier and at home when someone let me borrow a few. I didn't watch the final seven episodes until the season was released to DVD a few weeks ago and can't understand how people say it was awful. Was it as good as the first two seasons? No, but I thought it was still very good.

I agree 100%.

I just recently watched all of season 6 because I did not get to see much of it when it aired. I was almost afraid to watch it, seeing as how this season was highly criticized by many.

I watched all of the episodes in like two sittings. I thought it was pretty damn good.

powerpinstripes
01-30-07, 08:11 AM
Bump.

I passed The Soprano's film crew on the way to work this morning setting up at the Bing (aka Satin Dolls) on Route 17. It was creating quite a rubbernecking traffic jam.

jlw1980
01-30-07, 09:45 AM
Doesn't the final season start in February?

yankeesnum1
01-30-07, 10:12 AM
Doesn't the final season start in February?
I thought I heard April

powerpinstripes
01-30-07, 10:59 AM
I thought I heard April

Sunday April 8, with Entourage following.

Mezmerize
01-30-07, 11:06 AM
The Bing setup that you witnessed is being shot for the final episode. A little tid-bit of history, if you will.

Octoberbaby
01-30-07, 12:07 PM
Bump.

I passed The Soprano's film crew on the way to work this morning setting up at the Bing (aka Satin Dolls) on Route 17. It was creating quite a rubbernecking traffic jam.

I was under the impression that they had shot all the final episodes already. Guess not.

powerpinstripes
01-30-07, 12:53 PM
The Bing setup that you witnessed is being shot for the final episode. A little tid-bit of history, if you will.

thanks for the insider info. Saw Gandolfini on TV at the SAG awards Sunday, must have flown back.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-30-07, 02:24 PM
I was under the impression that they had shot all the final episodes already. Guess not.

They added 2 new episodes

RhodyYanksFan
01-30-07, 05:06 PM
They added 2 new episodes

That's the first step to adding yet another season.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-30-07, 05:08 PM
That's the first step to adding yet another season.

chase said he was going to do a 2 hour finale but changed it to 2 bonus episodes

I wouldn't mind another season

RhodeyYankee2638
01-30-07, 05:14 PM
btw, i've read some "stuff" about the final episodes, and they are supposed to be amazing. There's an episode entitled "Remember When" which is supposed to be a flashback to the 70's and Paulie, Silvio, Pussy and Tony are all young hot shots trying to work their way up

Octoberbaby
01-30-07, 06:32 PM
btw, i've read some "stuff" about the final episodes, and they are supposed to be amazing. There's an episode entitled "Remember When" which is supposed to be a flashback to the 70's and Paulie, Silvio, Pussy and Tony are all young hot shots trying to work their way up

I am sure they are amazing. I can't wait for the rest of this season to start. Really they should have considered it another season, too confusing. I wouldn't mind another season after this one but all good things have to come to an end, I guess! :(

Mezmerize
01-30-07, 07:31 PM
I am sure they are amazing. I can't wait for the rest of this season to start. Really they should have considered it another season, too confusing. I wouldn't mind another season after this one but all good things have to come to an end, I guess! :(

It's definately better this way. Don't let something that's good get dragged on and down over the course of time. Chase told his story, probably more than he intended to in the first place, and now its time to find something else. It will definately be one of my favorite series ever, if not my favorite. Excellent cast, excellent writing, excellent show. Can't say enough about it.

Octoberbaby
01-30-07, 07:39 PM
It's definately better this way. Don't let something that's good get dragged on and down over the course of time. Chase told his story, probably more than he intended to in the first place, and now its time to find something else. It will definately be one of my favorite series ever, if not my favorite. Excellent cast, excellent writing, excellent show. Can't say enough about it.

Definitely the best TV show ever! My second favorite is Six Feet Under.

powerpinstripes
01-31-07, 08:28 AM
Filming continues today at the Bing.......

I am going to miss this show.

Bub
01-31-07, 08:31 AM
What do all of you want to happen as the show concludes? Should they keep it open-ended in case they want to make a movie down the road?

Mattpat11
01-31-07, 08:39 AM
chase said he was going to do a 2 hour finale but changed it to 2 bonus episodes

I wouldn't mind another season

Eh. The last couple of seasons especially that hideously boring 4th season, lost some of the luster. I'd rather it not drag on and ruin the greatness of the show.

CoyoteYankee
01-31-07, 09:26 AM

The acting really is fantastic and the characters are so memorable.

Mezmerize
01-31-07, 10:26 AM
What do all of you want to happen as the show concludes? Should they keep it open-ended in case they want to make a movie down the road?

No, this would be the worst possible scenerio. Movie "conclusions" rarely work out unless it's planned in advance. It would be nearly impossible to get the whole cast together again with open schedules. I sincerely hope that Chase ends the series with a real sense of finality once the curtains close. I want to say 'Holy sh*t, that was incredible!' like I did when Oz ended.

powerpinstripes
01-31-07, 11:08 AM
No, this would be the worst possible scenerio. Movie "conclusions" rarely work out unless it's planned in advance. It would be nearly impossible to get the whole cast together again with open schedules. I sincerely hope that Chase ends the series with a real sense of finality once the curtains close. I want to say 'Holy sh*t, that was incredible!' like I did when Oz ended.

totally Agree....but HBO does sometimes have a habit of wrapping things up in a neat bow, ala Sex in the City and Six Feet Under.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-31-07, 11:09 AM
I'm willing to bet that the ducks come back to Tony's pool, so the series comes around full circle

CoyoteYankee
01-31-07, 11:13 AM

If the ending of The Sopranos is even half as good as the ending of Six Feet Under then it will satisfy me. The last five minutes of Six Feet Under was brilliant. Just brilliant. Chase has a lot to live up to after that.

Bub
01-31-07, 11:16 AM
No, this would be the worst possible scenerio. Movie "conclusions" rarely work out unless it's planned in advance. It would be nearly impossible to get the whole cast together again with open schedules. I sincerely hope that Chase ends the series with a real sense of finality once the curtains close. I want to say 'Holy sh*t, that was incredible!' like I did when Oz ended.What about any main characters getting hit? Can they kill Tony? Probably not. Chris? Maybe...he's in and out of trouble all the time.

Mezmerize
01-31-07, 11:22 AM
What about any main characters getting hit? Can they kill Tony? Probably not. Chris? Maybe...he's in and out of trouble all the time.

I can see Christopha getting whacked, maybe even an attempt on Tony, but I see the Feds taking down most of the crew, including Tony.

effdamets
01-31-07, 11:24 AM
I can see Christopha getting whacked, maybe even an attempt on Tony, but I see the Feds taking down most of the crew, including Tony.
I thought that AJ would be more involved eventually!

RhodeyYankee2638
01-31-07, 11:31 AM
I'm thinking Paulie gets too greedy and gets whacked. Last season, when Tony was in the hospital, he didn't want to pay tribute to Carmela. I can see Chrissy od'ing or something.

I honestly have no idea what will happen to Tony, I dont. If he gets arrested at the end of the season, there wont be enough time to explore what happens to him. He wont work with the feds, too Goodfellaish, and I honestly dont think they will kill him

CoyoteYankee
01-31-07, 11:34 AM
I'm thinking Paulie gets too greedy and gets whacked. Last season, when Tony was in the hospital, he didn't want to pay tribute to Carmela. I can see Chrissy od'ing or something.

I honestly have no idea what will happen to Tony, I dont. If he gets arrested at the end of the season, there wont be enough time to explore what happens to him. He wont work with the feds, too Goodfellaish, and I honestly dont think they will kill him

My sister has a theory that Silvio is working with the feds and that he didn't really shoot Adriana.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-31-07, 11:43 AM
My sister has a theory that Silvio is working with the feds and that he didn't really shoot Adriana.

That would really piss me off. I love Sil

effdamets
01-31-07, 11:51 AM
I don't think that's true. Didn't Sil kill the guy that beat up Vito? And then he told Tony to go away?

That is too far fetched. Chase made that scene (Adriana execution) like that because there was a chance that she'd come back to the show. Her character sucked anyway and she shouldn't be back.

But what they do need to do is to whack guys like Phil Leotardo!

RhodeyYankee2638
01-31-07, 11:53 AM
I don't think that's true. Didn't Sil kill the guy that beat up Vito? And then he told Tony to go away?

That is too far fetched. Chase made that scene (Adriana execution) like that because there was a chance that she'd come back to the show. Her character sucked anyway and she shouldn't be back.

But what they do need to do is to whack guys like Phil Leotardo!

Yeah that fat guy

I dont think Phil is going to last all too long. He did kill one of Tony's made men (Vito) without permission

CoyoteYankee
01-31-07, 11:54 AM

Me too. I don't agree with her theory but she's convinced!

Mezmerize
01-31-07, 11:55 AM
Yeah that fat guy

I dont think Phil is going to last all too long. He did kill one of Tony's made men (Vito) without permission

But Tony's crew returned the favor in kind. I don't think the escalation of tension between Jersey and NY will be the crux of the finale. I think its meant to be a distraction. We've been down this road before (remember Ralphie?) and they always work it out because there's too much money to be made.

Mezmerize
01-31-07, 11:57 AM
I will add this however. If Tony dies, I believe it will be Carmela pulling the strings. Now THAT would be a fantastic ending!

effdamets
01-31-07, 11:59 AM
I will add this however. If Tony dies, I believe it will be Carmela pulling the strings. Now THAT would be a fantastic ending!
I think I remember AJ going on a "job" with Chrissy and Bobby Bacala. Maybe that was a precursor to him taking over.

Kinda like Andy Garcia in GFIII.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-31-07, 11:59 AM

That would be f*cked up.

Or what if she turned evidence against him?

Mezmerize
01-31-07, 12:02 PM
That would be f*cked up.

Or what if she turned evidence against him?

Maybe, but remember Carmela is selfishly motivated. If she turned evidence, that would likely mean the end of the Soprano fortune. She has to make out with the money, and the only way that happens is if she starts the wheels to have him taken out.

Mezmerize
01-31-07, 12:02 PM
I think I remember AJ going on a "job" with Chrissy and Bobby Bacala. Maybe that was a precursor to him taking over.

Kinda like Andy Garcia in GFIII.

When was this? I seriously don't remember.

effdamets
01-31-07, 12:09 PM
When was this? I seriously don't remember.
No... I'm mistaken.

AJ tried to buy a gun and Chrissy and Bacala have a talk with him..... It was one of the "Tony coma" episodes. I think Sil talks to his wife about taking over the family or somthing like that... But he doesn't see himself as a boss type, more of a behind the scenes, strategy guy...

Bub
01-31-07, 12:38 PM
I think Johnny Sacrimony's wife is going to be found hanging.....and THAT'S going to be a gruesome sight...

Octoberbaby
01-31-07, 12:48 PM

I read somewhere that Chase said a movie is highly unlikely. If they had one I would definitely be there to see it but I really think they owe it to the series to end it on the series, not in a movie.

Octoberbaby
01-31-07, 12:50 PM
If the ending of The Sopranos is even half as good as the ending of Six Feet Under then it will satisfy me. The last five minutes of Six Feet Under was brilliant. Just brilliant. Chase has a lot to live up to after that.

I agree about Six Feet Under. Awesome ending! I hope the Sopranos can match it.

powerpinstripes
01-31-07, 12:53 PM
I agree about Six Feet Under. Awesome ending! I hope the Sopranos can match it.

I had to watch that ending over and over, it really was awesome.

CoyoteYankee
01-31-07, 12:54 PM

I must have watched about 50 times!

Octoberbaby
01-31-07, 01:00 PM

I could watch that whole show over and over. As far as the ending, I rented the DVD of it to watch it again and it had extras on it that were awesome too!

yankeegeek
01-31-07, 01:04 PM

The ending of Six Feet Under was amazing. That entire series was well done, but the last five minutes were great. That show had the best ending to a show that I have ever seen.

Octoberbaby
01-31-07, 01:10 PM
The ending of Six Feet Under was amazing. That entire series was well done, but the last five minutes were great. That show had the best ending to a show that I have ever seen.

Best ending I have ever seen also!

powerpinstripes
02-01-07, 08:21 AM
Bing update:

Film crew still there as of 7:45 am this morning. They were also there when I passed at 8pm last night.

Jim F.
02-01-07, 10:17 AM
Bing update:

Film crew still there as of 7:45 am this morning. They were also there when I passed at 8pm last night.And the entire scene on film will be about :30 seconds long ;).