PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos Season 6

Pages : 1 [2] 3

cb2u
03-27-06, 07:51 AM
How funny was that scene w/ Christopher describing the plot of his script? Classic!

"So he's a ghost?"

"Maybe he can be dumped along the same route, so all his parts end up at the same dump..." :lol:

mjdlight
03-27-06, 08:02 AM
Humor highlights for me last night:

1. Paulie's "OH, MY BALLS!!!" after getting nailed in the junk.

2. Vito joylessly munching on carrot sticks after Tony pulled through.

I also thought, in a very odd way, that this was the most positive and optomistic Sopranos episode ever. IMHO, Tony's final destination looked a lot more like heaven than hell. And if Tony is going to heaven after he dies, then I think the rest of us have very little to fear in the afterlife. :D

JPo
03-27-06, 09:23 AM
And what did the briefcase represent? He would not let go of it...I thought maybe it represented the mob life, and his power as the boss.

At one point in the episode he said something like...'my life is inside that briefcase' when talking about his lost briefcase. So, I thought it was him holding on to life (even though not HIS briefcase per se)

Chesbro41
03-27-06, 09:46 AM
At one point in the episode he said something like...'my life is inside that briefcase' when talking about his lost briefcase. So, I thought it was him holding on to life (even though not HIS briefcase per se)

He was told you can't bring any business inside...my take was you can't take any unfinished business with you...

yanksrule69
03-27-06, 09:48 AM
Finn is going to eventually tell Meadow about Vito. I think he might break off the engagement and disappear and after much prodding he will tell Meadow that is scared of Vito.

I think it could play out a few ways: a) She believes him and tells Tony because she is devastated that is ruined her engagement b) tells Carmella instead of Tony who, in turn, tells Tony because of what she saw when he and Paulie got onto the elevator or c) doesn't believe him and realizes that he doesn't understand what her family is all about.

DaPip1998
03-27-06, 10:22 AM
Anyone notice the irony when Carmela is talking to Melfi about how she knew what Tony was when they first started dating?

Very reminiscent of the scene in Goodfellas when Karen Hill (of course, played by Lorraine Bracco) had a monologue talking about how turned on she was by Henry's lifestyle when they were dating....

Jim F.
03-27-06, 10:42 AM
Anyone notice the irony when Carmela is talking to Melfi about how she knew what Tony was when they first started dating?

Very reminiscent of the scene in Goodfellas when Karen Hill (of course, played by Lorraine Bracco) had a monologue talking about how turned on she was by Henry's lifestyle when they were dating....Good call on that...

yanksrule69
03-27-06, 10:44 AM

I thought it was ironic how Carmela has told more about Tony's "business" to Melfi than Tony actually has. I know Melfi knows but Tony doesn't really talk about his lifestyle in any detail.

I liked Sil as acting boss and I wish he would have been more successful than he was.

Christopher really pissed me off.

Chesbro41
03-27-06, 11:07 AM
Christopher really pissed me off.

Me too...the whole "you owe me" thing really got to me

Mattpat11
03-27-06, 11:08 AM
That episode may have been Paulie's best.

Mezmerize
03-27-06, 11:42 AM
Looks like Tony's near death experience won't change him after all. Seems like it made him even more of an ornary prick and thats without even saying anything! Next week should be fun!

cb2u
03-27-06, 12:12 PM
I think it could play out a few ways: a) She believes him and tells Tony because she is devastated that is ruined her engagement b) tells Carmella instead of Tony who, in turn, tells Tony because of what she saw when he and Paulie got onto the elevator or (snip)

It seemed that Carmela looked at them & realized they were not to be trusted. What was it that Carmela saw when they got into the elevator?

I thought maybe she realized they only gave her the money after Tony came to.... Maybe she noticed their demeanor; they appeared shifty & uncomfortable. Was there something else I missed, something specific she saw?

Chesbro41
03-27-06, 12:25 PM
It seemed that Carmela looked at them & realized they were not to be trusted. What was it that Carmela saw when they got into the elevator?

I thought maybe she realized they only gave her the money after Tony came to.... Maybe she noticed their demeanor; they appeared shifty & uncomfortable. Was there something else I missed, something specific she saw?

I thought it was because paulie looked pissed off that he gave her the money

PeteRFNY
03-27-06, 01:03 PM
I thought it was because paulie looked pissed off that he gave her the money

They were all smiling and relieved to her face, but when they thought she wasn't looking they were all depressed and sad. I would have had the same reaction, like "what the eff??".

3M'sBoys
03-27-06, 01:12 PM
Humor highlights for me last night:

1. Paulie's "OH, MY BALLS!!!" after getting nailed in the junk.

2. Vito joylessly munching on carrot sticks after Tony pulled through.

I also thought, in a very odd way, that this was the most positive and optomistic Sopranos episode ever. IMHO, Tony's final destination looked a lot more like heaven than hell. And if Tony is going to heaven after he dies, then I think the rest of us have very little to fear in the afterlife. :D

Did you also notice that after Vito was talking to that guy about possibly HIM taking over, he went to the cafeteria and grabbed a danish. :lol:

Other Paulie gems- when he first saw Tony and right after Meadow said "don't upset him" he said "Ah maddone, he looks **effin** terrible".

PeteRFNY
03-27-06, 02:40 PM
Other Paulie gems- when he first saw Tony and right after Meadow said "don't upset him" he said "Ah maddone, he looks **effin** terrible".

LOL!!! Yes, followed by, "sorry, but nothing prepares you for THAT"! :lol:

I also liked how Paulie's incessant rambling about bullsh*t worked its' way into Tony's subconcious "coma state" in the form of noise coming from next door...quite fitting!

RhodeyYankee2638
03-27-06, 02:45 PM

That was hilarious

Had an ultrasound on my balls, Doc said I need to wear a jock

Snatch Catch
03-27-06, 03:32 PM
LOL!!! Yes, followed by, "sorry, but nothing prepares you for THAT"! :lol:

I also liked how Paulie's incessant rambling about bullsh*t worked its' way into Tony's subconcious "coma state" in the form of noise coming from next door...quite fitting!

I also picked up on the something that I believe was purposeful, but may have not really been anything.

While the noise nextdoor is resonating, he is asking the person on the phone what the light in the distance is. He pauses as he listens to the answer, and then says "oh" in an almost surprised manner. Then he gets fed up witht he noise again and puts the phone down to scream at the wall "GOD DAMN IT..."

The first word that is mentioned on screen after he asks the question of what the light in the distance is, is "GOD."

Just a thought.

Jim F.
03-27-06, 05:05 PM
I just want to remind everyone that some people (me included!) consider the preview for next week's episode a spoiler, so out of fairness to those users, please wrap any comments about previews in the tag.

Thanks!

----

As for my thoughts on last night's ep, I was starting to get a little (okay, a LOT) sick of the purgatory/dream/alternate reality/coma sequences. As incredibly excellent as last week's episode was, enough is enough already. However, the scene with Tony B made up for any of that.

I also thought the scene that had Fin coming to the hospital just as Vito leaves the men's room was hysterical -- I loved the way Vito was all over Fin and Fin had this "uhhhhh, dude.... please don't keep doing that" look on his face.

The scene w/ Paulie talking to Tony was classic, too.

Another great scene was Chris and Bobby talking to AJ in the hospital. I could see a strong relationship between Chris/AJ in the future, for a variety of reasons; none of which I'm gonna go into now because I'll look like an ass if I'm wrong ;).

-jim

RhodeyYankee2638
03-27-06, 05:08 PM
Another great scene was Chris and Bobby talking to AJ in the hospital. I could see a strong relationship between Chris/AJ in the future, for a variety of reasons; none of which I'm gonna go into now because I'll look like an ass if I'm wrong ;).

-jim

He'd be an awsome cousin. for instance, i'm sure he wouldn't mind getting some of the fine dancers at the Bing to cure AJ's saddness

JeanC
03-27-06, 09:03 PM
Also - the scenes from two weeks ago when Tony checks into "The Omni" and gets slapped by the Monk - then falls down the stairs - were filmed at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Secaucus! I'll be there next weekend for the annual Beatlefest - now I'll get to add some Sopranos moments to the weekend!

I'll try not to fall down the stairs, thought! ;)

Hey Pete! Besides in the Credits at the End of the Show they mention the Hotel in New Jersey they also mention the Westin Hotel in Costa Mesa, CA. I dont know if you are any of the other Sopranos Fans in this thread have ever been out to Orange County in Southern California but my hubby picked up the location in the first episode this season where the scene was suppose to take place in Tony's Coma Dream Sequence was at Orange County Airport In Costa Mesa & then he goes to "A Hotel off of Jamboree(named for the Boy Scouts Jamboree held in the 60's at the same location -no connection just my information for you bit) Road thats in Orange County. The Light is Out in the Harbor that you can see from Westin Hotel which is about 30 stories high in Costa Mesa, California. You can see the Hotel from the 405 freeway going North to Los Angeles.I just cannot place the Reunion Mansion.
Okay its not Ironic just that hes in a hospital in New Jersey & the Dream sequence takes place in Costa Mesa, California & that hubby & I know that area (where we lived about 10 miles south of this area for about 30 years).

Other than that Im very happy to See Tony is out of the coma cept that he acts like hes still in a brain defunct state of mind.

And Yes I agree with all of you those lines by his buddies were all great from
pain in Paulies lower parts to Camella in the Docs Office to the Boys trying to decide the gist of the movie to the Cafeteria Scenes!

RhodeyYankee2638
03-27-06, 09:11 PM
But thats what I find is so Ironic that hes in a hospital in New Jersey & the Dream sequence takes place in Newport Beach, California.
!

Really? I find it ironic that he's murdered a dozen people and is going to heaven

JeanC
03-27-06, 09:17 PM
Really? I find it ironic that he's murdered a dozen people and is going to heaven

....that too ...........

PeteRFNY
03-28-06, 09:07 AM

...we're assuming that WAS heaven...! Remember that Twilight Zone where the gambling addict goes to "heaven" and never loses? He starts to get frustrated because he KNOWS he's always going to win, so he says "I wish I'd never gone to heaven" and the guy with him says, "what makes you think this IS heaven...bwa ha haaaaaa!".

I gave that a lot of thought while I was watching that scene at the "reunion". Tony sees his Mom at the door, who was just an awful, rotten human being and I thought, "uh-oh...that ain't heaven!".

Of course, in the Twilight Zone episode, there were a lot of babes in hell, so it couldn't have been all THAT bad! ;)

Quite frankly, I'm surprised at how many people disliked Tony's "coma sequences". I saw a special once on the Discovery channel about the "dreams" people have while in comas. It was fascinating, and very similar to the situations they put Tony in.

Personally, I thought the concept (and the way it was done) was brilliant.

Petezs

mjdlight
03-28-06, 10:01 AM
Btw, just as an aside for obessisives, the heaven/hell inn is a house on Normandy Parkway in Morristown. I immediately recognized the inn when I saw it and I confirmed it last night with a drive down Normandy Parkway.

CoyoteYankee
03-28-06, 12:15 PM
Quite frankly, I'm surprised at how many people disliked Tony's "coma sequences". I saw a special once on the Discovery channel about the "dreams" people have while in comas. It was fascinating, and very similar to the situations they put Tony in.

Personally, I thought the concept (and the way it was done) was brilliant.

Petezs

I agree with you. Almost everyone I have talked to about the show has disliked the last couple of episodes. I really liked them and the symbolism in the dreams was great.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
03-28-06, 12:31 PM
Me too...the whole "you owe me" thing really got to me

Yeah...Adrianna was a rat, rules are rules, she had to go and Tony doesn't owe Christopher anything for it.

Jim F.
04-03-06, 10:16 AM
So I'm guessing people weren't too fond of last night's ep since there's been no discussion about it yet. ;)

I didn't think it was one of the better eps I've seen, but it was far from the worst.

I thought Carm giving Tony advice on how to run the business was very interesting -- we've never seen that before. Also, I think there will be some repurcussions for Paulie beating down Barone Jr.

As an interesting side-note, I drove across that bridge that was in the background during those scenes by the river on the day they were shooting those scenes.

-jim

BronxByTheBay
04-03-06, 10:20 AM
I thought Carm giving Tony advice on how to run the business was very interesting -- we've never seen that before. Also, I think there will be some repurcussions for Paulie beating down Barone Jr.

That was the most interesting part of last night's ep for me. You could tell since the moment she decided to take Tony back last season that Carmella has decided that if you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound when it comes to the "how" of Tony's money. Looks like she's about to get her Lady Macbeth groove on.

Mezmerize
04-03-06, 10:35 AM
I thought it was the worst episode so far this season. Very disappointing. The whole Pauly side-story seemed extremely 'Days of Our Lives' in nature. I think the only thing you can take away from last night's episode is that Tony's promise will be short-lived and that the theme of wind was reoccurring. Perhaps a reference to the "storms" that will be approaching as the season hits its stride. I also thought the choice of Floyd while the credits rolled indicated this as well, not so much that it was Floyd, but the song choice.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-03-06, 12:03 PM
anyone catch a lot of pop culture references in last nights episode. The 50 Cent reference (guy gettin street cred), and Jack Nicholson (he was told his sister was his mother for 30 years)

wexy
04-03-06, 12:10 PM
I thought the rapper-gangster thread was interesting. How everyone was thrilled that the kids got the rap cds and Tony being called the "Original G".

3M'sBoys
04-03-06, 02:29 PM
Also, I think there will be some repurcussions for Paulie beating down Barone Jr.

I think we have the answer as to which character will be taken out this season. :D

Mezmerize
04-03-06, 02:49 PM
anyone catch a lot of pop culture references in last nights episode. The 50 Cent reference (guy gettin street cred), and Jack Nicholson (he was told his sister was his mother for 30 years)

Yea I did pick up on that. It was pretty funny when Bobby approached the other rapper (Treach from Naughty by Nature) and he goes 'Hey, maybe you can get shot too, I'm a marksman', then he puts a bullet through the guys ass cheek. Hahaha. Priceless.

PeteRFNY
04-03-06, 10:49 PM
Didn't see last night's episode until this afternoon (I was at Beatlefest at the "Coma Tony" hotel all weekend!), and found a lot of it interesting in that it seemed almost like a "table-setter" episode to steer the direction of the remainder of the series.

Of course, we have seen David Chase set up rife situations for further exploration only to never revisit them, so we shall see!

My favorite part of the show was when Tony is back at home and he decides to not be a hard-ass over the sanitation business sale, and takes a moment to decide how he feels about it and just shrugs, as if to say, "eh, that wasn't so hard"!

One thing that I think is going to happen as we approach the end of the series is Tony will yearn more and more to leave the life he has chosen - but the decision to not let Eugene do just that will come back to haunt him. In what way remains to be seen!

I also agree that this episode took great lengths to point out what a louse of a human being Paulie is - and set him up for something bad.

donniesrecordholdsup
04-04-06, 01:28 AM
Yeah...Adrianna was a rat, rules are rules, she had to go and Tony doesn't owe Christopher anything for it.
since when does tony follow the rules ??

mjdlight
04-04-06, 08:18 AM
My favorite part of the show was when Tony is back at home and he decides to not be a hard-ass over the sanitation business sale, and takes a moment to decide how he feels about it and just shrugs, as if to say, "eh, that wasn't so hard"!

One thing that I think is going to happen as we approach the end of the series is Tony will yearn more and more to leave the life he has chosen - but the decision to not let Eugene do just that will come back to haunt him. In what way remains to be seen!

Pete, my pet theory for how the show is going to end has always been that Tony will ultimately try to leave the "Family" one way or the other, but his former associates will not allow it, to the point of perhaps even whacking him. Perhaps instead Tony will lose his edge and becoming increasingly weak, to the point where he is either taken out by a faction in his own family or by New York.

Either one of those scenarios would be the most uplifting ending to the series I could imagine, as Tony would die a "redeemed" man.

thecaptain
04-04-06, 10:08 AM
I think we have the answer as to which character will be taken out this season. :Dyes i think Paulie will bite the bullet...

nhyankeefan
04-09-06, 08:45 PM
I wonder what Vito is going to collect, I don't think it's money.

yeahimweird
04-09-06, 08:48 PM
:lol: Vito got busted.

Mark19
04-09-06, 08:58 PM
seems like Tony is starting to feel insecure

things are getting pretty unstable

yankeesrule2000
04-09-06, 08:58 PM
Tony showing he still has it..

RhodeyYankee2638
04-09-06, 09:01 PM
I think Johnnie's gonna go

Gringaloca
04-09-06, 09:06 PM
Tony's feeling insecure so...he beats he sh*t outta his 'buff' bodyguard?...Proving to everyone he's still the 'alpha DOG"..??

WhAAAAt???...

And then pukes his guts out???...wow!..what is that about?

JDPNYY
04-09-06, 09:24 PM
Kinda disappointing (except for the end).

40 minutes of a Wedding?

Gringaloca
04-09-06, 09:32 PM
Kinda disappointing (except for the end).

40 minutes of a Wedding?

@ $425K...sorry...I can't see it....even at $500 pp...it's gotta be $200K tops..plus flowers/photo/band...still overpaid

And the band...sucked!..:)

TongueStripes
04-09-06, 09:41 PM
@ $425K...sorry...I can't see it....even at $500 pp...it's gotta be $200K tops..plus flowers/photo/band...still overpaid
.:)

I wonder how much $$$ Johnny had to pay for the Fed guards etc.?

TongueStripes
04-09-06, 09:43 PM
BTW, who's gonna post a pic of Vito in his Village People suit??:lol: :lol: :lol:

RhodeyYankee2638
04-09-06, 09:59 PM
Tony's feeling insecure so...he beats he sh*t outta his 'buff' bodyguard?...Proving to everyone he's still the 'alpha DOG"..??

i saw that coming. I saw a similar scene in a movie, but i cant place my finger on it

Barb51850
04-09-06, 10:13 PM
Funny line from Tony: "Blockbuster. First stop on the S**tbird Express."

Tony mentioned bringing someone over from Naples. Could it be the return of Furio??

Snap731
04-10-06, 12:06 AM
Funny line from Tony: "Blockbuster. First stop on the S**tbird Express."

Tony mentioned bringing someone over from Naples. Could it be the return of Furio??

I hope not! I HATE Furio. But it'll be interesting to see who the pinch-hitter is.

I thought the part with Vito at the gay club was great. He looked RIDICULOUS in that hat.

I thought the part where Johnny cries and Phil's reaction was also VERY thought-provoking.

I don't know why but I think Johnny's so classy and terrific and I felt terrible for him.

And I still think Meadow can do much better than Finn.

donniesrecordholdsup
04-10-06, 02:34 AM
i cant get past tony beating up that guy. theres no way in hell. guy looked like he was on roids and this fat slob who passes out taking his shoes off beats him up ?? and the guy doesnt even get one good shot in ??

RhodeyYankee2638
04-10-06, 05:50 AM
i cant get past tony beating up that guy. theres no way in hell. guy looked like he was on roids and this fat slob who passes out taking his shoes off beats him up ?? and the guy doesnt even get one good shot in ??

would you wanna get a shot in? he just go his ass whooped, if he did the whipping he wouldn't be breathing

yankeegeek
04-10-06, 06:55 AM

Remember what Melfi said" Act as if". T was just reminding everybody who was in control of the family.

yankeegeek
04-10-06, 06:58 AM
I hope not! I HATE Furio. But it'll be interesting to see who the pinch-hitter is.

I thought the part with Vito at the gay club was great. He looked RIDICULOUS in that hat.

I thought the part where Johnny cries and Phil's reaction was also VERY thought-provoking.

I don't know why but I think Johnny's so classy and terrific and I felt terrible for him.

And I still think Meadow can do much better than Finn.

I loved the Vito scene!! That was classic!!

I was wondering if anybody had the same reaction as I did about Johnny crying and Phils reaction. That is a situation to keep your eyes on.

Finn will be history. That marriage won't take place. The scene with T talking about grandkids was also intresting.

Mezmerize
04-10-06, 08:29 AM
Another lame episode. The Vito scene was pretty funny, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him. I think Johnny Sack is screwed or it goes completely the other way and he goes nuts because he embarrassed himself in front of everyone. Kind of another wasted episode. I don't think they can have many more 'tablesetters'. It's time for some resolution.

SODM
04-10-06, 08:47 AM
Phil's comments about John made absolutely no sense.
He has been fiercely loyal to John throughout the infighting between the NY capos and the old boss' son.
He also wouldn't exact revenge for his brother without John's permission.
I guess this may be why he's pissed off.

I guess what surprises me the most is the fact that he comes off as a very reserved and patient man who is very calculating in every move that he makes.
For him to openly critisize John in front of "outsiders" indicates there will soon be a big power play on his part.

yanksrule69
04-10-06, 08:50 AM
I don't remember what it was but one line out of Christopher had me rolling. It was hilarious.

I wonder what the heck Vito is up to. I automatically assumed he was going to shoot himself but I'm not so convinced anymore.

Melfi totally fvcked with Tony's head and now he is going to be worse than he was just to make sure people don't think he is weak. It was kind of lame when he was showing a sympathetic side though.

Mezmerize
04-10-06, 08:52 AM
I don't remember what it was but one line out of Christopher had me rolling. It was hilarious.

I wonder what the heck Vito is up to. I automatically assumed he was going to shoot himself but I'm not so convinced anymore.

Melfi totally fvcked with Tony's head and now he is going to be worse than he was just to make sure people don't think he is weak. It was kind of lame when he was showing a sympathetic side though.

What the f*ck does that have to do with a cold? :D

SODM
04-10-06, 08:53 AM
I wonder if Vito went through with it and killed himself.

They left it open so it still is a possibility that he changed his mind and instead went and killed the guys that saw him in his fabulous get up.

3M'sBoys
04-10-06, 08:56 AM
I wonder if the guy who plays Vito got extra bucks for kissing that guy full on the mouth. :P

It's possible that Tony had pre-arranged the fight scene with his bodyguard.

smr15
04-10-06, 08:56 AM
It would never be Furio....
Remember that Carmela told Tony about her fantasizing about Furio.

... no way Tony'd bring him back. Except to whack him.
:D

yanksrule69
04-10-06, 09:29 AM
What the f*ck does that have to do with a cold? :D

:lol: Yes, that was it! Last night was one of the funnier episodes I can remember in a while.

No way Furio is the one they bring over unless, like someone said, it was to kill him. I just don't see it happening.

Sixty one
04-10-06, 09:55 AM
I wonder if the guy who plays Vito got extra bucks for kissing that guy full on the mouth. :P

It's possible that Tony had pre-arranged the fight scene with his bodyguard.

I also thought that Tony had pre-arranged that fight scene with his bodyguard. By the way, did anyone feel that Johnny Sach's wife died or just fainted at the wedding?

Jim F.
04-10-06, 10:53 AM
Another lame episode.I thought it was great... I don't know what you were expecting...

Sligo Yankee
04-10-06, 11:49 AM
Sopranos series 6 premieres this Thursday here in Ireland.... I've been actively avoiding this thread because i don't want any spoilers, in fact i dont wanna now a thing about it, but I'm buzzing now.
Roll on Thursday....

DaPip1998
04-10-06, 12:03 PM
BTW, for those playing "Where was that filmed?"-

The catering hall is Leonard's in Great Neck.

allybear
04-10-06, 12:37 PM
BTW, for those playing "Where was that filmed?"-

The catering hall is Leonard's in Great Neck.

I saw that in the credits and was surprised - it looked nicer than it did the last time I was there, but I'll tell you, if they spent that kind of $ there, they got ripped off!

RhodeyYankee2638
04-10-06, 01:23 PM
Some comments:

I think Vito thought he was gonna get whacked that night, thats why I think he called Silvio.

I dont think the wedding with Fin and Meadow will happen either, i think it will piss Tony off simply because Meadow doesn't want kids

A comment about Johnny Sack: He is facing 47 Rico counts and also a murder charge. I can see how he would turn in Phil and the other NY capo's without flinching. As we saw, John appears weak.

Barb51850
04-10-06, 01:35 PM
It would never be Furio....
Remember that Carmela told Tony about her fantasizing about Furio.

... no way Tony'd bring him back. Except to whack him.

That's right. I forgot about that.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-10-06, 03:41 PM
Leotardo is right to be suspicious of Johnny Sack. Sack was more emotional over the fact that this was probably his last real chance to experience good times as a free man than he was about getting taken away like he was. Phil is old school, there's no way he lets Sack breaking down like that go easy.

Mezmerize
04-10-06, 04:04 PM
I thought it was great... I don't know what you were expecting...

With so few episodes left, I want them to maximize the time spent resolving the series... I'm sorry but I don't give a rat's ass about Johnny Sacks' fat daughters wedding... I really don't. Although, like I hinted at in my initial post, it may be a tablesetter for things to come. I think the table has enough forks and spoons on it, its time to eat!:D

Mezmerize
04-10-06, 04:06 PM
Leotardo is right to be suspicious of Johnny Sack. Sack was more emotional over the fact that this was probably his last real chance to experience good times as a free man than he was about getting taken away like he was. Phil is old school, there's no way he lets Sack breaking down like that go easy.

And if that happens and Phil takes over, Tony better watch out cuz Phil will mess him up!

RhodeyYankee2638
04-10-06, 04:22 PM
With so few episodes left, I want them to maximize the time spent resolving the series... I'm sorry but I don't give a rat's ass about Johnny Sacks' fat daughters wedding... I really don't. Although, like I hinted at in my initial post, it may be a tablesetter for things to come. I think the table has enough forks and spoons on it, its time to eat!:D

theres 15 episodes left

Mezmerize
04-10-06, 04:30 PM
theres 15 episodes left

To me, thats not enough....;)

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-10-06, 04:32 PM
And if that happens and Phil takes over, Tony better watch out cuz Phil will mess him up!

Maybe he would try to off Tony, but I got Tony in a fight. Tony already f'd Phil up back in season 5, remember when he ran Phil into a dump truck? (Are you ok sir?):lol:

Luvtino
04-10-06, 05:00 PM
Looks like Phil is up to no good. Definitely planting the seed of weakness. Chris told Tony his plan was kinda wimpy or something along that line so you can see that Chris is seeing Tony in a bit of a different way as well. Things are boiling under the surface...for now.

I believe he beat up the young guy as he was the strongest one out of all the men. It seemed he was looking at everyone's arms prior to the beating so that is how I took it. As he is the youngest and newest member it also makes him a safe bet in that the others won't be too up in arms. The throwing up could be from doing too much too soon after the surgery, but I took it as his body rejecting the actions he took against the kid.

I want Vito to be offed so I will be a little bummed if he offed himself. :lol: He either has to kill himself or kill the two guys and he needs to do it fast. Secrets like that don't stay secret too long. :eek:

I also have to think that Paulie is going to get some payback one of these days. Between thinking about ripping Tony off with Vito and beating up the kid without orders, he is asking for a bullet.

jlw1980
04-10-06, 06:19 PM
I also think the scene where Tony beat up his bodyguard was staged between him and the bodyguard. There was no other point to it; the guy hadn't done anything. Tony just wanted to show he was still the man. Also, as beautiful as the wedding was (who spends that kind of money on a wedding?!), I didn't see the point to dedicating that much time to it, either. I'm ready for some action. Vito's get-up was fantastic! :lol:

RhodeyYankee2638
04-10-06, 06:28 PM
(who spends that kind of money on a wedding?!),

ever been to an Italian wedding? i've seen families sell their kidneys to pay for weddings

jlw1980
04-10-06, 06:46 PM
ever been to an Italian wedding? i've seen families sell their kidneys to pay for weddings

I haven't been to one. Still, it's not Donald Trump! :lol: $425k is just outrageous. I guess if you can afford it, though, then why the hell not?

Jim F.
04-10-06, 09:07 PM
I also think the scene where Tony beat up his bodyguard was staged between him and the bodyguard. There was no other point to it; the guy hadn't done anything. Tony just wanted to show he was still the man.The whole point was to show his strength. I don't think it was "staged", because why would he have looked at each of the guys around the table to decide what the best target would be?

Chesbro41
04-11-06, 08:28 AM
What was Junior playing with in the Judge's quarters? It looked like a tape...

mjdlight
04-11-06, 08:33 AM

It's too funny that Junior conspired to whack Tony with Livia, the self-proclaimed "Babbling idiot", when now that is exactly what he has become!

PeteRFNY
04-11-06, 08:43 AM

It was a box of Tic Tacs!

I have to say...reading the papers, I am SHOCKED at how much negativity I've seen written in the papers about this season so far (Linda Stasi, who's an idiot anyway, went so far as to call that dreadful "Big Love" show that comes on after The Sopranos a better show...excuse me? That show is a train wreck being crashed into by a bus being swallowed up in a sinkhole during an earthquake and subsequent tidal wave).

Maybe I am crazy, but to ME this has been one of the most satisfying seasons in a long time. Why? Because it provokes thought. I like that in a show - I don't just need it in front of me every week like a fireplace. I swear, some of these "entertainment critics" just want Tony shooting guys and fighting with Carmella every week. The wind must whistle through thier ears.

BTW - it looks like the end of the road is near for Rusty (Frankie Valli). I was not paying attention during that part of the show (getting clothes out of the dryer). Why does Johnny want him wacked?

mjdlight
04-11-06, 08:56 AM
BTW - it looks like the end of the road is near for Rusty (Frankie Valli). I was not paying attention during that part of the show (getting clothes out of the dryer). Why does Johnny want him wacked?

Sack and Phil fear that he will take advantage of the leadership void and general chaos of the NY family (apparently a lot of Captains feel Sack should never have been made Boss in the first place) by attempting to control the family through another puppet like Carmine Jr.

Jim F.
04-11-06, 09:06 AM
It was a box of Tic Tacs!Are you sure it wasn't sweet tarts? ;)

I was not paying attention during that part of the show (getting clothes out of the dryer). Sunday is laundry day around my house, too, but it's always done by 9 :).

FWIW, I kind of enjoy 'Big Love'.

Mezmerize
04-11-06, 10:55 AM
Maybe he would try to off Tony, but I got Tony in a fight. Tony already f'd Phil up back in season 5, remember when he ran Phil into a dump truck? (Are you ok sir?):lol:

Yes that was a great scene. But Phil is only holding back on Tony because John told him to. Phil is old school and won't disobey a direct order from his boss, regardless of what his personal feelings towards the boss OR the target are. If however, Phil is made Boss, he will absolutely CRUSH the Soprano crew and take great pleasure in doing so, if you ask me. That scene and whole ordeal that you reference started the ill will, Blundetto whacking Billy (Phil's brother) intensified it, and Tony wiping out Blundetto before Phil got his hands on him put Tony beyond reproach in Phil's eyes, IMO.

Mezmerize
04-11-06, 10:57 AM
The whole point was to show his strength. I don't think it was "staged", because why would he have looked at each of the guys around the table to decide what the best target would be?

Agreed, I don't see where the 'it was staged' comes from? I think Tony made a calculated decision and one that had high risk also and it paid off. I doubt the bodyguard will even be mentioned again in the series.

Jim F.
04-11-06, 11:06 AM
Agreed, I don't see where the 'it was staged' comes from? I think Tony made a calculated decision and one that had high risk also and it paid off. I doubt the bodyguard will even be mentioned again in the series.Precisely. Tony looked over each and every one of the guys at that table, and determined that the driver was stupid enough and enough of a hot head to actually fight back, yet was also not as street smart as some of the other guys, so he could surely be taken in a fight. As you said, it was a calculated decision.

Also, if it was staged, why did Tony have to try so hard? Remember those two glorious puking scenes at the end?

-jim

Chesbro41
04-11-06, 11:30 AM
I just loved how everyone was looking at Tony like he lost his mind though. Did you see the look on Paulie's face? It was comical.

Barb51850
04-11-06, 11:45 AM
I just loved how everyone was looking at Tony like he lost his mind though. Did you see the look on Paulie's face? It was comical.

I just think it's strange that Tony almost passes out taking off his shoes, and then is able to beat up this big muscular guy. It was funny when he called him "muscles marinara" -

Casey at the Bat
04-11-06, 12:46 PM
Phil is definitely up to something. I rewatched the episode on In Demand, which reminded me that Phil looked kind of disgustingly at Tony when Tony collapsed taking off his shoes. Then Phil later "discusses" his concerns with Johnny Sack's behavior at the wedding. And in earlier episodes, wasn't Phil awfully friendly with one of tony's guys... maybe Vito? I forget. I'd keep a close eye on Phil if I were Tony.

Jim F.
04-11-06, 01:29 PM
Phil is definitely up to something. I rewatched the episode on In Demand, which reminded me that Phil looked kind of disgustingly at Tony when Tony collapsed taking off his shoes. Then Phil later "discusses" his concerns with Johnny Sack's behavior at the wedding. And in earlier episodes, wasn't Phil awfully friendly with one of tony's guys... maybe Vito? I forget. I'd keep a close eye on Phil if I were Tony.Phil is Vito's brother-in-law by marriage (or something like that).

Archer1979
04-11-06, 01:50 PM
Phil was already disgusted with Tony for denying Johnny Sack's request the scene earlier.

Phil is looking more like the "old school" mobster who does things the way they're supposed to be done.

He's actually turning into something, for lack of a better word, "honorable" amongst the thieves.

Mezmerize
04-11-06, 05:26 PM
Phil was already disgusted with Tony for denying Johnny Sack's request the scene earlier.

But Tony ceded.... to John... Hmm.. reverberating effects?

Phil is looking more like the "old school" mobster who does things the way they're supposed to be done.

He is definately hardcore and probably my favorite character next to Tony and Chris. "Hey Lorraine, how about this humidity?" :lol:

TripleG23
04-11-06, 06:44 PM
He is definately hardcore and probably my favorite character next to Tony and Chris. "Hey Lorraine, how about this humidity?" :lol:

Phil is a pretty good character.

How about a week or so ago his conversation with Vito. "I Never Forget!" ... What were we talking about? "I can't remember". :lol:

Mezmerize
04-11-06, 09:45 PM
Phil is a pretty good character.

How about a week or so ago his conversation with Vito. "I Never Forget!" ... What were we talking about? "I can't remember". :lol:

Another keeper! Classic.:)

Barb51850
04-16-06, 09:14 PM
My favorite line from tonights episode:

Tony, at the shrink's office, on gays: "I kinda agree with Sen. Sanitorium. If this goes too far, pretty soon we'll be f**king dogs!"

Chesbro41
04-16-06, 09:16 PM
Good show tonight...love how everyone told Finn no one would find out it was him...

Barb51850
04-16-06, 09:23 PM
It was strange seeing a guy like Vito in that small New Hampshire town, staying in a bed & breakfast, smiling at people on the street and looking in antique stores.

yankeesAZ
04-16-06, 10:15 PM

Tony, at the shrink's office, on gays: "I kinda agree with Sen. Sanitorium. If this goes too far, pretty soon we'll be f**king dogs!"

:lol: Loved it!

m_sisca
04-16-06, 10:18 PM
finn's as good as dead, imo. he knows whats gonna happen to vito eventually, and hell hafta be taken out to ensure he keeps his mouth shut.

Archer1979
04-16-06, 10:50 PM

I kind of liked "Vito... he's a come from behind type of guy."

MisterNovember
04-16-06, 11:21 PM
finn's as good as dead, imo. he knows whats gonna happen to vito eventually, and hell hafta be taken out to ensure he keeps his mouth shut.

They won't whack the skip's future son in law, Finn is safe unless Vito gets to him first

Barb51850
04-16-06, 11:31 PM

That was funny!!

Barb51850
04-16-06, 11:36 PM
More funny lines:

Christopher: Vito, a fag. Big construction tycoon! Ton' when he was always talkin about "greasing the union", who knew that's what he meant?!

Silvio: Sake of argument, let's say he shows up. You gonna' kiss this guy on both cheeks??

jlw1980
04-17-06, 12:13 AM

:lol: I was LMAO at that line!

Tonight's episode was great! It was definitely the best of this season thus far. I wonder if Vito will stay in New Hampshire and open up his own bed & breakfast. That would be cool. Watching him check out the cook at the diner was funny, too. I kind of felt sorry for him. It's odd how a show can make you feel bad for a career criminal. I feel bad for his family.

Also, what's a "gumar" (not sure if I'm spelling that properly)? Is it just another term for a mistress?

jlw1980
04-17-06, 12:17 AM
They won't whack the skip's future son in law, Finn is safe unless Vito gets to him first

...or unless he and Meadow break up. I still don't see why they'd need to kill Finn, though.

On a side note...I was watching a re-run of Law & Order on TNT the other night. There was a really familiar face, a guy playing the roommate of a murdered college kid. I kept asking myself, Who is that kid? It was Finn!

m_sisca
04-17-06, 12:26 AM
:lol: I was LMAO at that line!

Tonight's episode was great! It was definitely the best of this season thus far. I wonder if Vito will stay in New Hampshire and open up his own bed & breakfast. That would be cool. Watching him check out the cook at the diner was funny, too. I kind of felt sorry for him. It's odd how a show can make you feel bad for a career criminal. I feel bad for his family.

Also, what's a "gumar" (not sure if I'm spelling that properly)? Is it just another term for a mistress?a "goomar" (comare) is italian slang for mistress.

jlw1980
04-17-06, 12:33 AM
a "goomar" (comare) is italian slang for mistress.

:lol: I knew I wasn't getting that right! Thanks for clearing it up. :)

wexy
04-17-06, 06:03 AM
...or unless he and Meadow break up. I still don't see why they'd need to kill Finn, though.

On a side note...I was watching a re-run of Law & Order on TNT the other night. There was a really familiar face, a guy playing the roommate of a murdered college kid. I kept asking myself, Who is that kid? It was Finn!

Did you notice the tall guy at Meadow's new gig. He's a possible romantic interest.

yanksrule69
04-17-06, 08:14 AM
Did you notice the tall guy at Meadow's new gig. He's a possible romantic interest.

I thought the same thing when I saw that exchange.

yanksrule69
04-17-06, 08:15 AM
There were definitely great lines throughout the whole episode.

I think Phil is going to find Vito and kill him and then Tony is going to think it is one of his underlings doing something without his order/blessing.

Mezmerize
04-17-06, 09:14 AM

I think Phil is going to find Vito and kill him and then Tony is going to think it is one of his underlings doing something without his order/blessing.

Quite possible. The decision of what to do with Vito will play a significant role in the way the series turns out, IMO. It could have a lot to do with the way Meadow and Finn's relationship plays out.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Angie Bompensiero's return will also play a significant role in the series outcome. That scene where she was meeting with Patsy and Benny was extremely awkward. Is anyone thinking that Carm's jealousy will get the best of her and she may do something rash? The writers have made it a point to show Carm's reaction to Angie's independance and it seems it burns her ass.

edit - Oh yea, the episode was the best of the season, IMO. I was cracking up most of the time. Pauly is the best. Tony, I'm sorry I yelled, but HOW MUCH MORE BETRAYEL CAN I TAKE??

yanksrule69
04-17-06, 09:18 AM
I forgot to ask this: what was going on with Christopher and that guy in the car? I missed pretty much the whole scene and I don't ever remember seeing that guy before.

Mezmerize
04-17-06, 09:26 AM
I forgot to ask this: what was going on with Christopher and that guy in the car? I missed pretty much the whole scene and I don't ever remember seeing that guy before.

That was the "3rd party" Tony talked about. Remember, Johnny Sack wants to knock off the "Mayor of Munchkin Land" and Tony agreed. He's flying in two guys from Naples to take care of it, but in order to dilude the trail, he wants a 3rd party (the guy in the car) to provide the tools (weapons) to do the job. I forget the guy's name that Johnny wants to whack, but he was inline with little Carmine and played a role in hiring Tony Blundetto who ended up whacking Joey Peeps and later Billy Leotardo.

boo_427
04-17-06, 09:26 AM

Chris was setting up the hit of Rusty. The guy in the car is supposed to get him a suit, gun, and Rusty's location when the guy from Italy arrived. He paid him with a bag of smack.

The dude had also heard the rumor about Vito. Chris was like, "that is a Captain you are talkin' about." Then basically confirmed it was true, but he didn't hear it from him with a smile.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-17-06, 10:14 AM
The last few episodes are going to be amazing, this season is snowballing out of control. Between Vito, Rusty, those terrorists (?), the 3rd party from Naples (Furio?), Paulie bitching all the time, Johnny Sack being a pussy, some sh!t could go down

effdamets
04-17-06, 10:38 AM
I loved the way Paulie just yells out "YO!" when he hears the news that Vito is gay! I couldn't stop laughing.

PeteRFNY
04-17-06, 03:06 PM
What a crazy episode...who KNOWS where this is going now!

It's becoming obvious that Tony is purposely screwing up Carmella with his refusal to call some favors in with the building inspectors...I wonder how long THAT'S gonna fly?

They've made Meadow into quite the naive (and annoying) college puddin' head...but I guess that's keeping with reality these days.

I also believe that Phil is gonna make a big power play soon...and HE'S the one Vito needs to be worried about, not Tony.

yankeegeek
04-17-06, 06:29 PM
It was strange seeing a guy like Vito in that small New Hampshire town, staying in a bed & breakfast, smiling at people on the street and looking in antique stores.

The only problem with that scene was that it was filmed in Booton New Jersey. Booton is a dump. It was where Jacke Aprile Jr was killed. I was driving in the twon on the day of filming.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-17-06, 06:46 PM
Phil is Vito's brother-in-law by marriage (or something like that).

Vito married Phil's cousin (ps, Vito's wife is Lorraine Bracco's real life sister)

smr15
04-17-06, 06:46 PM
I THOUGHT that town looked familiar !

Yeah.
Been to/through Boonton often.

smr15
04-17-06, 06:50 PM
It's becoming obvious that Tony is purposely screwing up Carmella with his refusal to call some favors in with the building inspectors...I wonder how long THAT'S gonna fly?
I don't see it as "purposely" on Tony's part at all.

I don't think he (or anybody else, for that matter) notices the changes in Carmela as it relates to her wanting (DESPERATELY wanting) something for herself/of her own.
She's no longer comfortable in the "stay at home, do charitable events, church stuff, wife-choring" role.
She wants gonads of her own...

...and Tony's just distracted with his own bull*hit.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-17-06, 06:52 PM

I don't think he (or anybody else, for that matter) notices the changes in Carmela as it relates to her wanting (DESPERATELY wanting) something for herself/of her own.
She's no longer comfortable in the "stay at home, do charitable events, church stuff, wife-choring" role.
She wants gonads of her own...

...and Tony's just distracted with his own bull*hit.

You notice she's tryinng to become her own little mafioso. Tony bought her that land out of pity after they got back together, she's outsourcing the labor to her father's company, she's trying to get away with cheap lumber, trying to get tony to bribe the building insepector etc. And she's getting inside info frm Rosalie Aprile (Pussy's wife is loansharking money in her husbands turf)

Casey at the Bat
04-17-06, 07:36 PM
In my opinion, Vito has to be killed. If Tony lets Vito live, it will only be more fuel to the "Tony is weak after getting shot" fire. If he lets Vito live, how many more scrubs does he have to beat up to assert his power? How many more can he beat up?

RhodeyYankee2638
04-17-06, 07:55 PM
In my opinion, Vito has to be killed. If Tony lets Vito live, it will only be more fuel to the "Tony is weak after getting shot" fire. If he lets Vito live, how many more scrubs does he have to beat up to assert his power? How many more can he beat up?

i dont think its a matter of being weak, its a matter of money. Vito is tony's biggest earner. if his rep gets a little stronger through killing vito, his business takes a big hit

Casey at the Bat
04-17-06, 09:19 PM
i dont think its a matter of being weak, its a matter of money. Vito is tony's biggest earner. if his rep gets a little stronger through killing vito, his business takes a big hit
That is Tony's concern... the money. But what about everyone who have already been second guessing him? Money isn't their concern, but perception, and they will percieve Tony as weak. Phil is already looking for a chink in the armor as it is, letting vito off the hook will only encourage him.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-17-06, 09:28 PM
That is Tony's concern... the money. But what about everyone who have already been second guessing him? Money isn't their concern, but perception, and they will percieve Tony as weak. Phil is already looking for a chink in the armor as it is, letting vito off the hook will only encourage him.

Phil was in jail for 15 years, what do you think he did?

Casey at the Bat
04-18-06, 08:13 AM
Phil was in jail for 15 years, what do you think he did?

"you get a pass for that"

yanksrule69
04-18-06, 09:02 AM
"you get a pass for that"

That whole scene with him describing that really surprised me. The people I was watching it with and I all sort of looked around the room at each other in disbelief at what he was saying.

I didn't see it that way either.

Jim F.
04-18-06, 11:58 AM
I think the bigger story here is about how Tony is handling this in relation to his "experience". How he'd like to change, but can't, because of the life that he's chosen. What I mean is that Tony appears to be giving Vito the benefit of the doubt, what with talk of Vito's kids and stuff. Yet everyone, Sil included, is urging him to make him disappear. It all ties back into the first episode of the season when Tony wouldn't let that guy (was his name Eugene?) leave 'the life' to move to FL.

PeteRFNY
04-18-06, 12:45 PM
I think the bigger story here is about how Tony is handling this in relation to his "experience". How he'd like to change, but can't, because of the life that he's chosen. What I mean is that Tony appears to be giving Vito the benefit of the doubt, what with talk of Vito's kids and stuff. Yet everyone, Sil included, is urging him to make him disappear. It all ties back into the first episode of the season when Tony wouldn't let that guy (was his name Eugene?) leave 'the life' to move to FL.

WHICH (I may add) was the "life" in the "Kevin Finnerty" briefcase from the coma dreams...that's why he didn't want it any longer, but why he couldn't release it at the end - he's stuck with it even though he doesn't like it.

Deep, eh? ;)

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-18-06, 03:57 PM

Leotardo is old school. I think Phil is gonna kill Vito but won't bother with hiding anything. Remember that most of Tony's crew wants to off Vito as well. With "the mayor of munchkinland" :lol: on the way out, Carmine Jr. marginalized and Jonny Sack looking at life, Phil's got a clear path to be the de facto boss...and he already has a bone to pick with T about the way the Blundetto thing was handled. So Phil's probably thinking he can whack Vito without any kind of reprisals from Tony.

mvavra1
04-18-06, 06:18 PM

I agree with this point, I think if Tony does nothing with Vito, his members will see him as weak and begin to question their allegience with him. I think Vito comes back for something and finds out Finn gave him up and ................ him up for it, and then Tony might finally act upon it. This season is great, I think the rest of it is going to be Tony trying to reassert himself and there is going to be a war with New York. I see an all out Mafia war between the 2 families, but the big question is who's going to be with who???

3M'sBoys
04-19-06, 08:57 AM
All I know is they better not do away with Paulie. I laugh my ass off whenever he comes on the screen. :D

On a side note- did you see that the father of one of the Duke "alleged rapist" is named Kevin Finnerty?

Barb51850
04-19-06, 12:39 PM
All I know is they better not do away with Paulie. I laugh my ass off whenever he comes on the screen. :D

Me too. I laugh at him when he's not ever saying anything. I think his best and funniest moments were in The Pine Barrens episode. When they were in the truck eating the ketchup packs, and he told Chris "Mix it with the relish" I thought I would die laughing.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-19-06, 12:44 PM
Me too. I laugh at him when he's not ever saying anything. I think his best and funniest moments were in The Pine Barrens episode. When they were in the truck eating the ketchup packs, and he told Chris "Mix it with the relish" I thought I would die laughing.\

HAHA greatest episode ever

Remember when he got into a war with Feech Lammana over the landsccaping business. The guy was in the tree and his partner was holding him there with a rope. Paulie smashed the guy with a shovel and the dude fell out of the tree. I was rolling on the floor, then he took the guys lawnmower as collateral. When he was explaining it to Johnny Sack, he said "I didnt push him out, he jumped out of the tree"

jlw1980
04-20-06, 12:04 AM
One thing I didn't get was why Vito's wife was crying about his being gay. She admitted that she knew he had a mistress. Having a mistress is telling the wife that she's not good enough, but she wasn't (or at least didn't act) too broken up about that. Acting on his homosexuality is more an expression of who he really is. Personally, I'd be much more distraught over the whore than over his being gay. That's just me, though. I know things are different in that "sub-culture." Admittedly, too, either scenario would be devastating.

I still think this is the best episode I've ever seen. I have to keep in mind that I missed big parts of other season, though, because I didn't have HBO until this one. I've only seen other seasons in bits and pieces. Methinks it's time to head to Blockbuster and rent them! :)

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-20-06, 12:38 PM
\

The guy was in the tree and his partner was holding him there with a rope. Paulie smashed the guy with a shovel and the dude fell out of the tree. I was rolling on the floor, then he took the guys lawnmower as collateral. When he was explaining it to Johnny Sack, he said "I didnt push him out, he jumped out of the tree"

:-rofl-:

Guy jumped out the tree, came at me wit a chainsaw!

Rewind...play. Rewind...play. Rewind...play.

yankeegeek
04-23-06, 11:30 PM
Tonight was a boring episode! What a let down. Artie?????WTF. Beating up Lauren Bacall??? Just a waste.

Mattpat11
04-23-06, 11:41 PM
I disagree. Any episode where they randomly beat up Lauren Bacall and harass Ben Kingsley is a thumbs up episode.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-24-06, 06:10 AM
i thought it was pretty funny, especically when they jumped Lauren Bacall, she deserves it

allybear
04-24-06, 08:03 AM
Tonight was a boring episode! What a let down. Artie?????WTF. Beating up Lauren Bacall??? Just a waste.

I have to agree that this was definitely the weakest episode this season. Mugging Lauren Bacall for her gift basket was the best part, but still....

Jim F.
04-24-06, 08:18 AM
Tonight was a boring episode! What a let down. Artie?????WTF. Beating up Lauren Bacall??? Just a waste.From today's Star Ledger:

"To put it in Artie's language, the first six episodes of this season were like that buffet at Da Giovanni: one amazing dish after the next, always something to savor and chew on, and to analyze exactly what the ingredients are. An all-Artie episode could have been a pit stop at Arby's for a roast beef, but it was better than that. Not the bountiful feast of the season so far, but a tasty side salad to let the stomach rest before the next course."

There have been many far worse episodes of this show over the years.

-jim

DaPip1998
04-24-06, 08:31 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere on this thread.......but has anyone noticed that at the Sunoco that Tony passes in the opening credits sequence, gas is 97 cents/gallon? The first season was 1999, so that must have been filmed in '98. Boy, how times change....

BronxByTheBay
04-24-06, 09:36 AM
I thought it was a really good episode. A good "stand-alone" that also left a few threads to be picked up later on. The only thing I can do without this point is the whole "Mafia in Hollywood" bit. It's too clever for its own.

jlw1980
04-24-06, 11:24 AM
I was disappointed with this episode. I liked how they threw in Ben Kingsley, Lauren Bacall, and for a brief moment, Wilmer Valderrama. But Artie? Benny? Chris's script? Who cares? I thought it was a snooze-fest.:snooze:

ring403
04-24-06, 11:26 AM
The first clunker of the new season in my book. I don't give a crap about Artie's financial problems, or this whole Christopher/Hollywood thing that the writers won't let go of.
:snooze:

Mezmerize
04-24-06, 12:57 PM
I thought it was a pretty good episode. I really liked the fact that Artie kicked the ................ outta Benny, and I like how Tony realized that Benny deserved it, yet would take no responsibility for it. It was the first time in the series that I was rooting against these Mafioso assholes. I like the way Artie makes you look at it from a different perspective. He's just a normal guy... He's gettin ripped off and he pounded that guy (' Yeah... I'm stupid!') I loved it!

I think that very well could be the last episode that Artie is prevalent in. I think that was his wrapup and goodbye episode, hence hardly any danglers. I thought it ended on a great note for Artie.

edit- Best line of the night goes to Artie when he's half-ass apologizing to Benny. 'Hey, can I get you a martina? Big in Europe, just got em in. I hear they go down real easy, right Ben?'

Mattpat11
04-24-06, 01:03 PM
The first clunker of the new season in my book. I don't give a crap about Artie's financial problems, or this whole Christopher/Hollywood thing that the writers won't let go of.
:snooze:The Lauren Bacall stuff was great, but I agree that the Chris's script storyline is bad, if not as bad as it was three seasons ago.

I'm in the minority, but in general, the Chris character bores the ................ out of me. He's good when they bounce him off Tony, Adrianna, Sil or Paulie, but as a stand alone, my God, who cares.

3M'sBoys
04-24-06, 01:10 PM
I thought it was a really good episode. A good "stand-alone" that also left a few threads to be picked up later on. The only thing I can do without this point is the whole "Mafia in Hollywood" bit. It's too clever for its own.

Maybe it's because I just recently re-watched "Godfather I " , but the whole Hollywood scenario during last nights episode, seemed familiar. Minus, of course the horses head. :P

I liked the episode- I think they're showing another indication of how Tony's soldiers don't agree with how he handles things. (i.e, Tony telling that guy to make nice with Artie.)

PeteRFNY
04-24-06, 01:11 PM
I agree that the Christopher storyline is a snooze-fest, unless it somehow comes back into play in a major way. Always possible. But I thought the dynamic of Artie's crash - and how he's somehow brought back by words of advice from TONY of all people - was very interesting. I didn't see this as a "bad" episode at all.

I was happy as a clam when he beat that little sh*t to a pulp, but worried he was gonna get it for that. The "new" Tony even let Artie give him lip - something the "old" Tony never would have stood for!

I think the theme of Tony "helping" others will be a recurring thing...again, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out come the final episodes.

Barb51850
04-24-06, 03:02 PM
edit- Best line of the night goes to Artie when he's half-ass apologizing to Benny. 'Hey, can I get you a martina? Big in Europe, just got em in. I hear they go down real easy, right Ben?'

That was a funny line!

I also liked what Chris said to Lauren Bacall - "You were great in 'The Haves and the Have Nots.'"

It was very touching when Artie brought out the old handwritten recipe book at the end (was it his fathers?). Maybe he'll go back to those old recipes and save his business.

allybear
04-24-06, 03:45 PM
I agree that the Christopher storyline is a snooze-fest, unless it somehow comes back into play in a major way. Always possible. But I thought the dynamic of Artie's crash - and how he's somehow brought back by words of advice from TONY of all people - was very interesting. I didn't see this as a "bad" episode at all.

I think the one thing that has come out of Christopher's California Adventure is that once he got out to La La Land, he started using again, which I think will definitely come into play as the season continues. Does Tony talk him into Rehab Part 2 or does he just continue the downward spiral and Tony has to do something about it? Hmmmm.....

It was very touching when Artie brought out the old handwritten recipe book at the end (was it his fathers?). Maybe he'll go back to those old recipes and save his business.

I agree that it was very touching - I think he told Charmaine it was his grandfather's recipe. But did you notice what he was cooking for the last minute guests - rabbit. I assume it was the one he shot in his yard - yuck!

Mezmerize
04-24-06, 04:39 PM
(snip)
I agree that it was very touching - I think he told Charmaine it was his grandfather's recipe. But did you notice what he was cooking for the last minute guests - rabbit. I assume it was the one he shot in his yard - yuck!
Yes, I did catch that. I told my friend that it would be the best meal that couple ever had. I agree with your assertion that Chase and Co. are implying that Artie finds some solace in the kitchen despite all the bullsh*t. Like I said earlier, I doubt we'll see much more of Artie.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-24-06, 04:59 PM
yeah, i'll bet money this isn't the last time we see artie in a prevelant role

a couple things:
-this is the second time in two seasons that Benny got his ass sent to the ER (Leotardo put him in the ICU last year)
-Is Chris stupid enough to take Lauren Bacall's free stuff and take the free trip to Australia? Good way to get arrested
-what will be the repercussion for whacking frankie valli? will the other 3 seasons come after tony?

TongueStripes
04-25-06, 06:17 AM
Artie Bucco=boring!

Jim F.
04-25-06, 08:34 AM
I thought it was a pretty good episode. I really liked the fact that Artie kicked the ................ outta Benny, and I like how Tony realized that Benny deserved it, yet would take no responsibility for it. It was the first time in the series that I was rooting against these Mafioso assholes. I like the way Artie makes you look at it from a different perspective. He's just a normal guy... He's gettin ripped off and he pounded that guy (' Yeah... I'm stupid!') I loved it!

I think that very well could be the last episode that Artie is prevalent in. I think that was his wrapup and goodbye episode, hence hardly any danglers. I thought it ended on a great note for Artie.

edit- Best line of the night goes to Artie when he's half-ass apologizing to Benny. 'Hey, can I get you a martina? Big in Europe, just got em in. I hear they go down real easy, right Ben?'I agree completely with everything you said.

But also, what people don't realize, is that this episode featured Artie, but it was about Tony, and the overall theme of "in the life vs. not in the life".

-jim

Jim F.
04-25-06, 08:35 AM
-this is the second time in two seasons that Benny got his ass sent to the ER (Leotardo put him in the ICU last year)At least maybe he went to the hospital where his good friend Doogie is an attending.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
04-25-06, 12:05 PM
I think the one thing that has come out of Christopher's California Adventure is that once he got out to La La Land, he started using again, which I think will definitely come into play as the season continues. Does Tony talk him into Rehab Part 2 or does he just continue the downward spiral and Tony has to do something about it? Hmmmm.....

And he also keeps playing the Adrianna card like Tony says. Plus I think supplying the Arabic dudes with the skimmed credit card numbers is gonna bite the crew in the ass at some point...remember how agent Harris kept showing up at Satriales despite no longer being assigned to the Sopranos? I think something serious will go down and it's gonna center around Chris.

Mark19
04-25-06, 12:12 PM
I think Chris's relapse, Tony's new 'compassion' and Phil's resurgence were the big keys to the episode.

Mezmerize
04-25-06, 02:44 PM
I agree completely with everything you said.

But also, what people don't realize, is that this episode featured Artie, but it was about Tony, and the overall theme of "in the life vs. not in the life".

-jim

It's always about Tony. I was trying to say that you don't get the "everyday joe" perspective, at least not lately. That's Artie and I like coming back to reality for a minute to say, hey wait a minute. This crew we're all so infatuated with are a bunch of scum-sucking criminals. What about the guy that runs the restaurant?

yanksrule51
04-30-06, 10:31 AM
The previews for tonight's episode look good. I'm hoping they can rebound from last week's episode which was pretty mediocre.

Nothing like an good ol' fashioned AJ foul-up to liven things up.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-30-06, 10:41 AM
Nothing like an good ol' fashioned AJ foul-up to liven things up.

I read a rumor that said Tony knows AJ is gay and has been repressing it. I dont know how accurate that is though

mjdlight
04-30-06, 09:04 PM
Dominant episode. Simply dominant. The scene between AJ and Tony after the arrest was incredible.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-30-06, 09:06 PM
AJ is slowly becoming his father

mjdlight
04-30-06, 09:11 PM

It sure seems that way. Me thinks "AJ" -- and all the denial/hopes that has parents had for him, as represented by that nickname -- will soon be giving way to his true indentity, Anthony Jr.

Barb51850
04-30-06, 09:11 PM
Dominant episode. Simply dominant. The scene between AJ and Tony after the arrest was incredible.

That was an amazing scene.

BronxByTheBay
04-30-06, 09:14 PM

By dropping a knife while attempting a "hit" and then bent over dry heaving after it?

yanksrule51
04-30-06, 09:23 PM

I kind of wish they'd crap or get off the pot with Vito, but aside from his scenes dragging on a bit much, very good stuff.

TheMick@ND
04-30-06, 09:28 PM
A.J.'s realization of his inevitable fate, i.e. "the life" and the resulting panic attack was very sweet. Very pleased with the episode

BronxByTheBay
04-30-06, 09:30 PM
A.J.'s realization of his inevitable fate, i.e. "the life" and the resulting panic attack was very sweet. Very pleased with the episode

He may be headed for it by default, or at least he thinks he is but his dad knows it means he's finished. A.J. would get eaten alive by even the lowest street thug. His dad's name can only protect him against so much.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-30-06, 09:31 PM
By dropping a knife while attempting a "hit" and then bent over dry heaving after it?

doing coke, sexually permiscuious, taking an interest in the family business.... oooh yeah how bout the panic attack????

Tony cant kill Uncle Junior and neither can AJ

BronxByTheBay
04-30-06, 09:48 PM
doing coke, sexually permiscuious, taking an interest in the family business.... oooh yeah how bout the panic attack????

Doing coke and being sexually promiscuous makes him a male in his early 20's. Interest in the family business? Sure, what else has he got going on. But he's nothing like his father. His father was not complimenting him when he tells him he's a "good guy". He's telling him he doesn't have the sack for this. Tony's been worried about A.J. for precisely this reason - he knows the kid wouldn't last 24 hours in the "business".

A.J. is nothing like his father. His father always had an instinct and a competence for that life. A.J. is the product of Tony's success - lazy and unmotivated, i.e. not hungry.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-30-06, 09:53 PM
Doing coke and being sexually promiscuous makes him a male in his early 20's. Interest in the family business? Sure, what else has he got going on. But he's nothing like his father. His father was not complimenting him when he tells him he's a "good guy". He's telling him he doesn't have the sack for this. Tony's been worried about A.J. for precisely this reason - he knows the kid wouldn't last 24 hours in the "business".

A.J. is nothing like his father. His father always had an instinct and a competence for that life. A.J. is the product of Tony's success - lazy and unmotivated, i.e. not hungry.

Didnt Tony say he was pretty much lazy and unmotivated when he was AJ's age?? Also the parellels go furthur, AJ got kicked out of college, Tony dropped out. Both not living up to parents expectations for their kids. Remember last season, Tony said he hadda pick up a lot of tabs when he was young? Well AJ is learning that now. Do you remember when they showed flashbacks with Tony and Blundetto last season? Tony had the long hair and looked exactly like AJ does this season. Obviously AJ is a screw up, he couldnt last in the business, but I think they are trying to show he is becoming his father to a lesser extent

yanksrule69
04-30-06, 10:08 PM
I kind of wish they'd crap or get off the pot with Vito, but aside from his scenes dragging on a bit much, very good stuff.

I agree. It's getting old.

Uncharacteristacally, they screwed up. In the second scene with AJ he had long hair again. Careless crap like that irritates me.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-30-06, 10:11 PM
I agree. It's getting old.

Uncharacteristacally, they screwed up. In the second scene with AJ he had long hair again. Careless crap like that irritates me.

yeah I noticed that too, a bit irritating. I think they'll track down Vito soon. He bought a bike, I assume he needs to give his name/license to attain it???

jlw1980
05-01-06, 12:32 AM
Doing coke and being sexually promiscuous makes him a male in his early 20's.

It does?? All males in their early 20s snort cocaine? I didn't think it was all that common (not pretending that I don't think it happens at all, though). All of them are promiscuous? OK, I'll give you that one. :lol:

Interest in the family business? Sure, what else has he got going on. But he's nothing like his father. His father was not complimenting him when he tells him he's a "good guy". He's telling him he doesn't have the sack for this. Tony's been worried about A.J. for precisely this reason - he knows the kid wouldn't last 24 hours in the "business".

When Tony made the "good guy" comment, I thought it was a compliment. It sounded that way to me. It sounded as though he were saying that he was glad that AJ wouldn't end up like him. It seems to me that AJ will end up worse, though, if that's possible. He seems like the type who'd end up as a junkie.

I thought it was funny when Tony said, "Maybe we should get him a club." Carmela said, "Are you insane? He's not even drinking age!" :lol:

Handing AJ that money for the suit was really stupid, too. Carmela should've taken him shopping and bought it for him. There's no way in hell that I'd trust that little punkass with a wad of cash like that. He's no good. And I really think they should kick his sorry ass out of the house. He'll never be motivated to make something of himself until he's forced to make something of himself - sink or swim. He's a lazy, good-for-nothing f*ck-up.

Whoa, what was up with Vito getting into the fight with that guy he'd been flirting with? He acted all butt-hurt (no pun intended) that the guy tried to kiss him, when he'd been flirting non-stop! I wonder if he'll ever go home.

I was disappointed that, after all Carmela has done for him, Tony was hitting on the real estate chick. At least he shoved her off at the last second, but I was still pissed at him. What a bastard. What a man-whore. And that skank was no better.

All in all, it was a pretty good episode. Thank g-d AJ cut his hair! I didn't notice the screw up where it was long again in a later scene.

PeteRFNY
05-01-06, 10:54 AM
I am very intrigued with where they are going. Obviously, Tony is starting to realize that the path he has chosen in life is now coming back to haunt him, and I think he wishes he was a normal guy (i.e. “Kevin Finnerty”) and the fact that he’s NOT is starting to eat at him.

BTW – I’m starting to get a bad feeling about something. Since Day One, everyone has assumed that Tony would “get his” eventually. Watching the season unfold, I get an uneasy feeling that Tony will somehow end up getting out of this, possibly into “semi-retirement”, but then David Chase and Co. will pull a “Brazil” on us and suddenly everything that has happened will become a dream sequence and Tony dies on the table from back in episode 3. If that happens, I’m gonna be REALLY pissed!

BronxByTheBay
05-01-06, 11:08 AM
Didnt Tony say he was pretty much lazy and unmotivated when he was AJ's age?? Also the parellels go furthur, AJ got kicked out of college, Tony dropped out. Both not living up to parents expectations for their kids. Remember last season, Tony said he hadda pick up a lot of tabs when he was young? Well AJ is learning that now. Do you remember when they showed flashbacks with Tony and Blundetto last season? Tony had the long hair and looked exactly like AJ does this season. Obviously AJ is a screw up, he couldnt last in the business, but I think they are trying to show he is becoming his father to a lesser extent

No, I don't remember Tony ever mentioning he was lazy and unmotivated at AJ's age. When did Tony not live up to his parents expectations? He took down a card game when he was in his early 20's that helped set him up.

I think you're reaching. The point of the AJ storyline thus far is that he's very much not like his father and if he tries to follow in his footsteps, he's in a lot of trouble.

RhodeyYankee2638
05-01-06, 11:52 AM
No, I don't remember Tony ever mentioning he was lazy and unmotivated at AJ's age. When did Tony not live up to his parents expectations? He took down a card game when he was in his early 20's that helped set him up.

Didn't Junior keep saying last season "Your dad said you were never cut out to be a varsity athelete." It was really pissing Tony off. Why did Tony go to Rutgers if he was just going to take over the family business? I think its obvious Johnny wanted another lifee for his kids. Tony also went to jail cause he f*cked up the card game

RhodeyYankee2638
05-01-06, 12:33 PM
btw Barry, you say he isn't like his dad cause Tonywouldn't dry heave after somemthing like that. Didnt this just happen 2 episodes ago when Tony kicked the hell out of the muscles guy????

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
05-01-06, 01:32 PM
I thought the episode was ...eh. The AJ and Tony scenes were good, they pretty much saved the show. It's interesting to see how Tony's status is affecting AJ out in the world that AJ will never escape his father's shadow, at least in this hemisphere. But what are they trying to prove with the Vito soap opera? Enough already with that.

Also, Rhoday mentioned that Tony had hurled after knocking out the bodyguard...I that probably has more to do with the shooting than anything else, he was fine after he smacked down Ralph Cifaretto and Christopher in those other shows.

BronxByTheBay
05-01-06, 01:33 PM
Didn't Junior keep saying last season "Your dad said you were never cut out to be a varsity athelete." It was really pissing Tony off. Why did Tony go to Rutgers if he was just going to take over the family business? I think its obvious Johnny wanted another lifee for his kids. Tony also went to jail cause he f*cked up the card game

His father, in all the flashbacks we've seen, didn't give a sh*t about Tony having a different life. In fact, he used Tony to lie to his wife about cheating on her. The Varsity athlete stuff was just Junior being an asshole.

BronxByTheBay
05-01-06, 01:34 PM
btw Barry, you say he isn't like his dad cause Tonywouldn't dry heave after somemthing like that. Didnt this just happen 2 episodes ago when Tony kicked the hell out of the muscles guy????

You mean beating on a guy while still recovering from a GUNSHOT WOUND? I think the GUNSHOT WOUND had more to do with the dry heaving than being a p*ssy.

YankeesFanNuffSaid
05-02-06, 11:22 AM
Not a very good day for a couple of cast members, John Ventimiglia (Artie Bucco) and Louis Gross a.k.a. Perry Annunziata (Tony's new bodyguard) a.k.a. Muscles Marinara.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/67857.htm

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/67869.htm

effdamets
05-05-06, 12:30 PM
When Tony made the "good guy" comment, I thought it was a compliment. It sounded that way to me. It sounded as though he were saying that he was glad that AJ wouldn't end up like him. It seems to me that AJ will end up worse, though, if that's possible. He seems like the type who'd end up as a junkie.

If I recall correctly, Tony said "...and that's a good thing." After he made the 'good guy' comment. (actually he said "and dat's a good ting")

jlw1980
05-07-06, 09:05 PM
Tonight was interesting. Huh, Christopher - married. Wasn't he just banging a hooker a few episodes ago? :lol: And now he's using even more...

It was good to see Paulie make up with the woman who raised him.

The whole thing with the wine was bizarre, but funny.

Barb51850
05-07-06, 09:09 PM
As usual, Paulie had me in stitches, especially..

- in church when he walked up to the statue of the saint and said "F**K the hat!"

- when he saw the statue of the Blessed Mother in the Bada Bing right after Tony lectures him about not getting crazy about his biopsy.

Too funny!!!

RhodeyYankee2638
05-07-06, 09:53 PM
Ooo f*ck i hit him!! i hit him!!!

mjdlight
05-08-06, 07:42 AM
Tonight was interesting. Huh, Christopher - married. Wasn't he just banging a hooker a few episodes ago? :lol: And now he's using even more...

Chris-Ta-Fer is being set up for a MASSIVE fall IMHO.

BrooklynBotz
05-08-06, 09:18 AM
Chris-Ta-Fer is being set up for a MASSIVE fall IMHO.
yeah, the question is which one of many things are going to come back to haunt him.

RhodeyYankee2638
05-08-06, 09:31 AM
yeah, the question is which one of many things are going to come back to haunt him.

The Russian!!!!

BrooklynBotz
05-08-06, 10:08 AM
The Russian!!!!
I'm thinking something is going to come from robbing and shooting the Vipers. Or Adriana? Or the arabs? Or heroin? He's got a lot of things nipping at his heels.

buckyjacobson
05-13-06, 01:01 AM
I thought it was amusing that Chris seemed proud of unloading his wine for $300. Sold $10,000 of wine for $300...

yanksrule69
05-13-06, 01:11 AM
I thought it was amusing that Chris seemed proud of unloading his wine for $300. Sold $10,000 of wine for $300...

I thought I was the only one who picked up on that or that I had lost my mind or something.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
05-13-06, 01:27 PM
Ooo f*ck i hit him!! i hit him!!!

:lol:

Wuh wit the Vipiz!

TongueStripes
05-15-06, 11:56 AM
Janice is turning into Livia.....

RhodeyYankee2638
05-15-06, 11:58 AM
Janice is turning into Livia.....

Shes so annoying, but I doubt Janice is gonna try to whack Tony.

Does Vito seriously have the balls to come back? I liked the scenes with him last night, showing how the mafioso's have trouble putting in an honest days work

BrooklynBotz
05-15-06, 12:00 PM
Last night was kinda up and down for me. Some of the episode was just meh, and I just can't help but feel they have a lot of loose ends to tie up and they're still going on and on with Carm's house, and Vito (although that story looks like it's coming to a head next week finally). Christopher was barely in this episode and it seems to me like he has a lot going on right now.

RhodeyYankee2638
05-15-06, 12:09 PM
Last night was kinda up and down for me. Some of the episode was just meh, and I just can't help but feel they have a lot of loose ends to tie up and they're still going on and on with Carm's house, and Vito (although that story looks like it's coming to a head next week finally). Christopher was barely in this episode and it seems to me like he has a lot going on right now.

I think some serious stuff is going down between Bobby B/Chrissy/Paulie/Vito. Tony can't stand Bobby Baccala, he is such a screw up. Chrissy is out 25K in cash, is a heroin addict and a loose canon. Paulie is losing his mind and Vito might be stupid enough to come back try and coome back into the life. Last night was probably one of the worst episodes of the season, although the stuff with Johnny Sack can't be ignored

Barb51850
05-15-06, 12:10 PM
Shes so annoying, but I doubt Janice is gonna try to whack Tony.

Does Vito seriously have the balls to come back? I liked the scenes with him last night, showing how the mafioso's have trouble putting in an honest days work

The scenes with Vito on his construction job were so funny.

"It has to be 11:30. I can tell by the angle of the sun. Don't look at your watch. Don't look"

"It has to be 12:30/1:00. Ok, now look at your watch." - and his watch read 9:50! :lol:

I laughed when Tony was told that Bobby needed a cornea transplant. Tony said "He needs a BRAIN transplant!"

RhodeyYankee2638
05-15-06, 12:12 PM
The scenes with Vito on his construction job were so funny.

"It has to be 11:30. I can tell by the angle of the sun. Don't look at your watch. Don't look"

"It has to be 12:30/1:00. Ok, now look at your watch." - and his watch read 9:50! :lol:

I laughed when Tony was told that Bobby needed a cornea transplant. Tony said "He needs a BRAIN transplant!"

He falls asleep on the job, it was great. He realizes he is screwed either way. He can't go back to the life and he can't change his lifestyle now

PeteRFNY
05-15-06, 12:35 PM
I thought last night's show was the wekest of the season. Tony is trying to reform himself, then they make him into more of a pr*ck than he's EVER been without explanation...what?

I agree with BrooklynBotz, they are wasting way too much time with stuff that no one cares about - but when has the Sopranos ever NOT done that?

jlw1980
05-15-06, 01:08 PM

Ditto. I must say, though, that I like not seeing much of Christopher. He annoys me.

CyYoung4Vazquez
05-15-06, 01:09 PM
I think it's just leading to the demise of the family.

Bambino22
05-15-06, 01:17 PM
Last night was imo one of the weaker soprano episodes ever. Hopefully we can start getting some resolution as opposed to more and more of the same loose ends.

Jim F.
05-15-06, 02:47 PM
Last night was imo one of the weaker soprano episodes ever. Hopefully we can start getting some resolution as opposed to more and more of the same loose ends.I disagree. I think there was a lot of resolution last night. Not only that, but there was some gratuitous violence as well.

Johnny Sacks pleads guilty?
Melfi finally makes some progress in a therapy session with Tony?
Because of the above, Tony finally fully realizes how Janice fits into his life?
Vito coming to the realization that he hates trying to make an honest living in the real world so much that he's willing to return home where he'll more than likely be killed?

I thought last night was on par with the rest of this season so far. But then again, I wasn't expecting any major resolutions. Most of the resolution will come in next winter's part of this season.

-jim

smr15
05-15-06, 06:31 PM
:2thumbs:

gotta agree with Jim's take on last night's ep.

Jim F.
05-15-06, 07:29 PM
I wanted to add something else... every post-coma episode has seen Tony sliding back farther and farther into his "old self," and in some ways, even moreso. This is significant for a variety of reasons. With the instability of the NY crew, Tony is going to be the main guy in the area, which is a large responsibility. Phil Leotardo was very concerned about Johnny Sacks admitting his involvement; if they can make Johnny admit to his involvement, and he was the epitome of hard core, what are they going to be able to make Tony (the depression case) do or say? Regaining that edge is almost a necessity for Tony.

Not only all that, but now Tony has made another enemy in Ginny Sacks, who had her house taken away from her virtually the same day as her husband got sent away. Could she want to take revenge on Tony (or Janice)? It's not like she has anything to live for anymore anyway, so what if she gets killed in the process or gets sent away?

As an aside, my upstairs neighbor is a spitting image of Mr. Johnny Cakes. And he even drives a Harley. It's going to be hard to look at him without thinking of Vito "presenting" himself in bed. :lol:

wexy
05-15-06, 07:39 PM
Jim, did you notice that the next shot after Johnny and Vito were about it was the train going through the back of the tunnel?

Very Freudian
( I still need my email address on the articles Jim)

RhodeyYankee2638
05-15-06, 07:42 PM
I wanted to add something else... every post-coma episode has seen Tony sliding back farther and farther into his "old self," and in some ways, even moreso. This is significant for a variety of reasons. With the instability of the NY crew, Tony is going to be the main guy in the area, which is a large responsibility. Phil Leotardo was very concerned about Johnny Sacks admitting his involvement; if they can make Johnny admit to his involvement, and he was the epitome of hard core, what are they going to be able to make Tony (the depression case) do or say? Regaining that edge is almost a necessity for Tony.

As I said, i think they will whack Johnny in prison, and Johnny knows it. Phil and Blundetto did 20 for robbery, Johnny takes a deal for conspiracy of murder, and admits he's apart of la costa nostra, he's screwed

PeteRFNY
05-16-06, 11:39 AM
Don't get me wrong - the stuff that was integral to the plot movement was very good...but the show seems to be dragging it's feet too much. Sometimes, I have a love/hate relationship with this show... ;)

Barb51850
05-16-06, 11:42 AM
Jim, did you notice that the next shot after Johnny and Vito were about it was the train going through the back of the tunnel?

Very Freudian
( I still need my email address on the articles Jim)

I noticed that also!

Jim F.
05-16-06, 11:44 AM
Don't get me wrong - the stuff that was integral to the plot movement was very good...but the show seems to be dragging it's feet too much. Sometimes, I have a love/hate relationship with this show... ;)What I did was stop watching the previews for the next week's episode. They're always 100x more thrilling then the actual episode itself. :) I haven't been disappointed by a Soprano's ep since.

BrooklynBotz
05-16-06, 12:01 PM
What I did was stop watching the previews for the next week's episode. They're always 100x more thrilling then the actual episode itself. :) I haven't been disappointed by a Soprano's ep since.
good idea, I'll have to try that myself. too bad I already watched the preview for next week and got myself excited.

jlw1980
05-16-06, 12:46 PM
What I did was stop watching the previews for the next week's episode. They're always 100x more thrilling then the actual episode itself. :) I haven't been disappointed by a Soprano's ep since.

So are you saying that if you don't expect something great, you won't be disappointed if what you actually get is only mediocre or just good? :) ;)

#1PaFan
05-16-06, 06:31 PM
I noticed that also!

Who didn't notice that! :lol: It was almost Airplane! like. :lol: :gulp:

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
05-16-06, 07:30 PM
Sorry but the last episode was boring. 5 - 10 minutes of good TV doesn't make for a good show...they spent too much time with Vito's love story. We know he's gay, we know he's sensitive and we know he's a killer. Did they need to spend half the episode on the tender moments? Hopefully they right the ship for the last few episodes and all this boring filler that's supposed to be Sopranos turns out to be stage setting material for a fantastic finale.

TheBamTino24
05-17-06, 08:05 AM
What Chase has done is left a lot of possibilites open for the remaining 10 episodes. There has been a lot of further character definition this season, setting it all up for a grand finale I hope. I heard Brian Williams of NBC on the radio pass along a theory he had heard: Vito explains his past to Johnny Cakes and it turns out that Cakes is an extended member of "The Vipers." Revenge sought.

RhodeyYankee2638
05-17-06, 09:11 AM
What Chase has done is left a lot of possibilites open for the remaining 10 episodes. There has been a lot of further character definition this season, setting it all up for a grand finale I hope. I heard Brian Williams of NBC on the radio pass along a theory he had heard: Vito explains his past to Johnny Cakes and it turns out that Cakes is an extended member of "The Vipers." Revenge sought.

Buh Buh Buh Wuh Wit Da Vipas

TheBamTino24
05-17-06, 09:23 AM
Buh Buh Buh Wuh Wit Da Vipas

:roflmao:

LMAO...hilarious.

PeteRFNY
05-17-06, 12:53 PM
The one running theme throughout this season has been regret. I noticed that Johnny Sacks has been tortured by what the life he has lived has led to. He couldn't even enjoy his own daughter's wedding.

It will be interesting to see how/if his guilty plea will add into the math...

RhodeyYankee2638
05-17-06, 01:48 PM
The one running theme throughout this season has been regret. I noticed that Johnny Sacks has been tortured by what the life he has lived has led to. He couldn't even enjoy his own daughter's wedding.

It will be interesting to see how/if his guilty plea will add into the math...

I like how they are focusing on how the mob can provide the goood life, he was worth $5 mil, and how it can ruin lives (what Ginny Sack was going through, losing the house and husband)

PeteRFNY
05-22-06, 12:51 AM
More "regret" themes throughout the show.

Line of the night from Phil Leotardo: "I loved him like...a brother-in-law".

GimeMoMuny
05-22-06, 02:52 AM
Anyone else get a weird, guilty feeling when Tony was watching AJ yuckin' it up on an internet forum?

RhodeyYankee2638
05-22-06, 05:00 AM
Anyone else get a weird, guilty feeling when Tony was watching AJ yuckin' it up on an internet forum?

he was talking on AIM

i felt really bad when Vito's kids were trying to read the newspaper about their father

Barb51850
05-22-06, 07:15 AM
I loved the scenes of Carmela in Paris. She was really savoring every moment, and not just shopping as I expected her to do.

The scene at the end with Vito's children was very sad.

My favorite line was Tony to AJ: "You got fired from BLOCKBUSTER?! They got rhesus monkies workin' as managers in that store!"

boo_427
05-22-06, 09:07 AM
Finally the Vito story ends.

My line of the night from the guy who didn't last long: "What is they chalked the tip?"

I never realized how much smaller they portray AJ to be than Tony.

RhodeyYankee2638
05-22-06, 10:02 AM
I never realized how much smaller they portray AJ to be than Tony.

he's skinny as hell to compared to everyone else on the show

Jim F.
05-22-06, 10:19 AM
Finally the Vito story ends.

My line of the night from the guy who didn't last long: "What is they chalked the tip?"

I never realized how much smaller they portray AJ to be than Tony.There were a few good lines last night. I thought the "I loved him like a brother..... in-law" line was excellent :).

RhodeyYankee2638
05-22-06, 10:27 AM
I loved the scenes of Carmela in Paris. She was really savoring every moment, and not just shopping as I expected her to do.

Man that part sucked. i was hoping Rosalie would get badly maimed, shes so annoying

mjdlight
05-22-06, 10:30 AM
Poor Vito got the beating from Phil that was meant for Tony B...the way Phil suddenly appeared in that scene was both funny and creepy at the same time.

ShaneTravis
05-22-06, 10:35 AM

A problem I have with the show this season is it's tangents. Why did she go to Paris? What was her purpose? To reflect?
Keep the action and tension mounting between Phil and Tony and if you are going to have a major character (Vito) go off somewhere to find himself tie it up nicely. Which I feel they did. Is Carmella going to have a revelation or something? Why did Adrianna pop up?

Chase needs to keep the story lines tight since they have very few episodes left. Having Carmella stare at statues made no sense last night, unless they are going to have yet another stray story line.

boo_427
05-22-06, 10:46 AM
Poor Vito got the beating from Phil that was meant for Tony B...the way Phil suddenly appeared in that scene was both funny and creepy at the same time.

Coming out of the closet... yeah that was classic.

thecaptain
05-22-06, 10:49 AM
List of deaths in The Sopranos series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_in_The_Sopranos_series

RhodeyYankee2638
05-22-06, 10:53 AM

That was awesome. I remember Phil said he wanted Blundetto's death to be long and painful, he finally got his revenge on one of Tony's guys. It wasn't so much it was his cousin-in-law, imho, rather it was an excuse to whack one of Tony's capos

yanksrule69
05-22-06, 10:07 PM
he was talking on AIM

i felt really bad when Vito's kids were trying to read the newspaper about their father

that was so sad. I can't believe next episode is it before the last 8 episodes. I hope they don't introduce new storylines and start tying everything up.

jlw1980
05-22-06, 10:23 PM
great episode

BrooklynBotz
05-23-06, 09:38 AM
Looks like a war is brewing. When they started stabbing that guy at the end I knew it was going to start some real trouble. Sil should have known better too after just having a talk with Tony about the situation.

RhodeyYankee2638
05-23-06, 09:39 AM
Looks like a war is brewing. When they started stabbing that guy at the end I knew it was going to start some real trouble. Sil should have known better too after just having a talk with Tony about the situation.

It reminded me of the scene in Goodfellas when Billy Batts (Frank Vincent, aka Phil Leotardo) gets killed for making fun of Joe Pesci

Barb51850
05-23-06, 11:30 AM
Sil should have known better too after just having a talk with Tony about the situation.

It was funny when Tony knocked on the door after they stabbed that guy, and Sil said "No, you don't wanna' come in here Tony. Just go." Then Tony sees the body and just throws up his hands and walks away.

BrooklynBotz
05-25-06, 11:26 AM
So is this week the last one until next year? Do you think anything will be resolved or will they wait to tie up loose ends til next season?

mjdlight
05-25-06, 11:30 AM
So is this week the last one until next year? Do you think anything will be resolved or will they wait to tie up loose ends til next season?

Just a quick note: No Sopranos this Sunday. The final episode for now will be on Sunday, June 4.

jlw1980
05-25-06, 01:32 PM
Just a quick note: No Sopranos this Sunday. The final episode for now will be on Sunday, June 4.

I know, WTF? This irks me. Why make us wait an extra week for the last one they'll show this year, when we know we have to wait until next January for the final episodes?

I guess they figure so many people will be going out-of-town for Memorial Day weekend, or something...or maybe they just want to torture us more...as if we don't wait long enough b/t seasons anyway! :mad:

jlw1980
06-04-06, 09:01 PM
OMG! I can't wait seven more months to see the last 8 episodes! AAHH!! On another note, how weird to see a Christmas episode in June. :lol:

RhodeyYankee2638
06-04-06, 09:04 PM
somethin tells me thats the last time they will all be together

jlw1980
06-04-06, 09:11 PM
somethin tells me thats the last time they will all be together

They weren't all together. Meadow wasn't there.

RhodeyYankee2638
06-04-06, 09:12 PM
They weren't all together. Meadow wasn't there.

well i doubt anyone is gonna whack meadow