PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Small living large

shroud
01-24-06, 11:02 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but here's a nice article on Small

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/385206p-326921c.html

thecaptain
01-24-06, 11:26 AM
In 2001, he worked for UPS, loading boxes from 5 to 9 every morning. This offseason has been a different story, filled with appearances.... Nice story

ChrisV82
01-24-06, 11:35 AM
I would have thought half a year in the Bronx would teach him to stop eating Little Caesars.

hardrain
01-24-06, 11:39 AM
Very nice article...I'm glad that even the rednecks appreciate him.

YankeeClemens22
01-24-06, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the story. :)

Yankeees
01-24-06, 11:50 AM
Pretty good story. Thanks for sharing.

RhodyYanksFan
01-24-06, 11:57 AM
What they said.

Tifoso
01-24-06, 12:06 PM
By the title, I thought he was doing Enzyte (right name?) commercials

ShaneTravis
01-24-06, 12:19 PM
Great story. Players like Small humanize the sport. We as fans identify more with the "golly, just glad to be here" players than the players wearing the bling around the neck, living in a penthouse, being paid for autograph appearences....

And it's satisfying rooting for a guy who made the league minimum who seems a genuinely nice man.
If only he could have pitched in the WS last year and won game 7 !
Now, that would be a screenplay.

Sheff_Rod
01-24-06, 12:40 PM
A few weeks later, he was leaving the Little Caesars in a neighboring small town, carrying two large pizzas, when someone stopped him and said, "Aaron Small, ten-and-oh!"

I think I have a pretty good guess on who that can be. ;)

shroud
01-24-06, 12:45 PM

Only if that was followed by "Small, tell RJ he should retire and tell Ruben I want to have his babies"

:P

KevinBaseball
01-24-06, 01:58 PM
Great story. Players like Small humanize the sport. We as fans identify more with the "golly, just glad to be here" players than the players wearing the bling around the neck, living in a penthouse, being paid for autograph appearences....

And it's satisfying rooting for a guy who made the league minimum who seems a genuinely nice man.
If only he could have pitched in the WS last year and won game 7 !
Now, that would be a screenplay.

As I often wear bling around my neck, live in a penthouse with my dad Mr. Drummond and am constantly hounded for autographs, I have a hard time identifying with Aaron Small.

GiambiRocks
01-24-06, 02:00 PM

That's exactly why so many people here are Tanyon Sturtze fans.

destiNY
01-24-06, 04:44 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but here's a nice article on Small

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/385206p-326921c.html

Gratzie, Small is the man...

hellonewman
01-24-06, 04:53 PM
By the title, I thought he was doing Enzyte (right name?) commercialsThanks, now I have that awful whistling theme song stuck in my head...

obsessedyankeefan
01-24-06, 04:56 PM
Very nice article. He seems really humble and a genuinely nice person. Thanks for the story. :)

Tifoso
01-24-06, 05:05 PM
Thanks, now I have that awful whistling theme song stuck in my head...

Sorry. :(

IncredibleByNature
01-24-06, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the nice story. :)

SuperMario66
01-24-06, 06:21 PM
I have always felt a bit of a connection with him. He just seems so down to earth and those are the kind of people you like to see succees. I wish him all the best in the world.

yankees27
01-24-06, 06:29 PM
Great article. He does seem like a nice, down to earth guy.

obsessedyankeefan
01-24-06, 07:01 PM
Well, he's certainly living large with the raise he got in his contract today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkJ38cPLCPe2pAOiTmLfYYARvLYF?slug=ap-yankees-small&prov=ap&type=lgns

Well deserved. :clap:

yeahimweird
01-24-06, 07:22 PM
Nice article.

He truly seems like one of the good guys in the game. :)

JDPNYY
01-24-06, 08:44 PM
In 2001, he worked for UPS, loading boxes from 5 to 9 every morning. This offseason has been a different story, filled with appearances.... Nice story

Those boxes are probably what made him so strong. Strong enough to never lose a game for the Yankees.

Thank you UPS. Without Brown (no, not Kevin), the Yankees would not have finished first last year.

gdn
01-24-06, 09:24 PM
Awww. Good for him! Good news on the contract.

LilChief
01-25-06, 08:08 AM
That's cool, I'm so happy for him! It's nice to see somebody who by all accounts is a genuinely nice guy, have a happy ending to his story. To think how close he came to retiring from the Minors! He certainly was a bright spot last year, lets hope he can continue to be so effective!

Congrats Aaron! :gulp: :clap: :clapping: :cheer:

jimmyclark
01-25-06, 01:38 PM
Nice story. Here's hoping he doesn't do anything stupid with his $1 million contract but saves it and gives some to a good charity. And let's hope he has a few more good years, like Rick Reed did a few years ago for the Mets.

KevinBaseball
01-25-06, 04:58 PM
Nice story. Here's hoping he doesn't do anything stupid with his $1 million contract but saves it and gives some to a good charity. And let's hope he has a few more good years, like Rick Reed did a few years ago for the Mets.

Are strip clubs charities? If so I agree with you.

THe Mick 7
01-25-06, 06:29 PM

Charity??? Screw that!!! The man's worked his butt off to finally get a $1 million contract. Let him enjoy it. I'm with Kevin on the strip clubs!!! :gulp:

Epy7280
01-25-06, 06:54 PM

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

obsessedyankeefan
01-25-06, 09:26 PM
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

jimmyclark
01-25-06, 09:28 PM
Charity??? Screw that!!! The man's worked his butt off to finally get a $1 million contract. Let him enjoy it. I'm with Kevin on the strip clubs!!! :gulp:

Maybe if Small goes a stripclub, he will see Anna Benson giving lap dances.