PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOO!!! Friends to return

RhodyYanksFan
01-23-06, 10:18 AM
Ugh. I can't believe the lazyness in Hollywood. They'd rather pay $5 million per person, per episiode to have this reunion then think of something original and not forced. This show wasn't funny the first time it was on, there's no way it'll be funny now. But it'll make millions for NBC off the drones in middle America.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3477372

yanksrule69
01-23-06, 10:23 AM
I was/am a big fan of Friends; however, it definitely ran its course. The final season wasn't very good at all. I will watch but I don't expect much from these episodes.

DiMaggio5CF
01-23-06, 10:42 AM
It was great in its heyday, but it definitely went downhill.

People continued to watch because they still loved the characters from way back in the day, and that might still continue now.

But it was clear that the show was over, and I don't think bringing it back is going to do it any good.

At first there will be a few good shows because the break will prove refreshing, but that well will run dry quickly, and then we'll to back to declining shows.

As it is, it's one of the greatest shows ever, and I don't see a point in risking that.

gdn
01-23-06, 10:43 AM
It's always interesting in a mind-numbing kinda way. I might watch it if I'm not doing anything and it's on.

krystl
01-23-06, 10:54 AM
I liked Friends, but was never a regular watcher. If it happened to be on when I was flipping channels, I'd leave it on.

Doesn't matter to me one way or another if it's on in reruns.

savafan
01-23-06, 11:58 AM
I'm just curious, is there a precedent for something like this happening with a TV show?

gdn
01-23-06, 12:03 PM
I'm just curious, is there a precedent for something like this happening with a TV show?A reunion show? I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

savafan
01-23-06, 12:06 PM
A reunion show? I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

No, I know there have been reunion shows, but this is like a show coming back in the form of a mini-series or something.

gdn
01-23-06, 12:09 PM
This is the funniest quote:

An NBC insider says, "She's the one who had been holding out. But she's now agreed to reprise Rachel (Green). Yeah, so basically she's going to do nothing again.

You think they're short on cash?

effdamets
01-23-06, 12:17 PM
I love watching the Friends re-runs....

But, maybe the writers haven't made Ross into a pathetic, whining, sorry a$$, so-called specimen of a man enough yet... I'm hoping that in one of the four, one hour specials, someone slaps him in the face and puts his pants back on (instead of the skirt)!!!

SuperMario66
01-23-06, 12:43 PM
I am super excited. It may not be that great, but those characters are wonderful.

Evil Empire
01-23-06, 12:54 PM
I've come to apprectiate the show, but I don't know if this is the best idea. I wish they'd do this with Seinfeld in some capacity. Or like some kind of spin-off of it.

Kudo
01-23-06, 12:57 PM
They cancel shows like West Wing and then they bring back Friends for hour long specials? NBC is crazy.

Bub
01-23-06, 01:08 PM
Not interested. Ever any talk of a Seinfeld return?

StaceyRosie
01-23-06, 01:21 PM
They cancel shows like West Wing and then they bring back Friends for hour long specials? NBC is crazy.

It's all about the benjamins and ratings.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-23-06, 01:21 PM
This is the most overrated show in the history of the world. This show blows, and I dont say that about a lot of things, it truly blows

montrealer
01-23-06, 01:52 PM
:scared: NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Irascible Yankee Fan
01-23-06, 01:55 PM
This is the most overrated show in the history of the world. This show blows, and I dont say that about a lot of things, it truly blows

Ok, I guess you are entitled to your OPINION.

I like Friends, and when this comes on, I'll tune in...if it appears that it's not "must see TV", I'll move on.

For those who are so opposed, don't watch.

fredgmuggs
01-23-06, 01:59 PM
I really never have watched the show... but if you like it, I'm glad for you. And if you don't like it, don't watch it.... seems logical enough to me.

NYYRules#1
01-23-06, 03:05 PM
Goddammit NO!!!!

I hate this show. HATE IT.

After some of the stunts NBC has pulled this week, I think I'm ready to kill their network execs.

NYYBombshell
01-23-06, 03:51 PM
They'll bring back Friends, but cancel the West Wing?

No wonder NBC is in 4th place.

Sam18
01-23-06, 04:03 PM
Meh, I'll watch.

1-2-3 inning
01-23-06, 04:14 PM
How the hell are they going to pull off a spin-off with just the three guys? Two of them are like married and junk.

Of course I will watch.

mr. baskums
01-23-06, 04:27 PM
I never saw the attraction to this show. It was not funny.

Stick Michael
01-23-06, 05:05 PM
I want that last episode to end in a manner that suggests absolute finality.

...here's to hoping all of them die screaming!

James

Hitman23
01-23-06, 05:09 PM
Well, as a big Friends fan I can say it'll probably be better then 90% of the repetetive crap that's on TV anyway. I'm tired of new reality shows, or shows with the same premise as every other show that been on before only different character names. I'm not overly excited, but if I am home it would be nice to see some new Friends episodes. I've seen them all a hundred times.

StaceyRosie
01-23-06, 05:12 PM
[rant]To the people who are bigmouths about how bad NBC is you try and run a network.

All networks go through peaks and valleys. NBC was #1 for a long time while the other networks were fighting for second. Now it's NBC's turn to be 4th. And what's making NBC 4th? Probably not having as many "reality shows" as the other networks. NBC is committed to having scripted shows as opposed to "Dancing with the Stars" and "Wife Swap" and "American Idol". Of course some of the scripted shows NBC has chosen have been complete crap compared to say CBS but NBC will regain its good standing again someday.

And to the people complaining about Friends coming back no one is forcing you to watch it.

[end of rant]

smr15
01-23-06, 05:28 PM
Maybe they can combine the "Friends" special with the "Why'd you shoot my wife, Amy?" special..... then Amy can walk in and shoot everybody. (Right after Joey Buttafucco hits on the men and the women.)

Hey.
You know somebody wants to see this.
:)

Sam18
01-23-06, 05:33 PM
I wish Gunther would go on a killing spree.

keithf1
01-23-06, 06:06 PM
I'll be watching. There's not much better on TV nowadays. I enjoyed a lot of the old episodes. Some better than others of course.

keithf1
01-23-06, 06:07 PM
I wish Gunther would go on a killing spree.
lol that'd be an interesting season finale

keithf1
01-23-06, 06:09 PM
I don't understand why some people are actually mad that they are making a few more episodes lol. Just don't watch.

PettittesPrincess
01-23-06, 06:54 PM
If you hate it so much then don't watch it.

Tifoso
01-23-06, 06:57 PM
Ugh. I can't believe the lazyness in Hollywood. They'd rather pay $5 million per person, per episiode to have this reunion then think of something original and not forced. This show wasn't funny the first time it was on, there's no way it'll be funny now. But it'll make millions for NBC off the drones in middle America.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3477372

It was one of the funniest shows on TV, ever. :)

JDPNYY
01-23-06, 06:59 PM
[rant]To the people who are bigmouths about how bad NBC is you try and run a network.

All networks go through peaks and valleys. NBC was #1 for a long time while the other networks were fighting for second. Now it's NBC's turn to be 4th. And what's making NBC 4th? Probably not having as many "reality shows" as the other networks. NBC is committed to having scripted shows as opposed to "Dancing with the Stars" and "Wife Swap" and "American Idol". Of course some of the scripted shows NBC has chosen have been complete crap compared to say CBS but NBC will regain its good standing again someday.

And to the people complaining about Friends coming back no one is forcing you to watch it.

[end of rant]

Waaaah ;)

SubwayFanatic
01-23-06, 09:13 PM
Do you almost get the sense that they are just doing these four test episodes to try and see how high the ratings will be with hopes of bringing it back?

If ratings are through the roof - like the idea or not - why wouldn't NBC try and bring it back for more?

RhodeyYankee2638
01-23-06, 09:16 PM

[end of rant]

NBC actually has some of the best reality shows on TV (specifically the Apprentice) and probably the best late night personality (Conan). Their scripted TV has gone down hill. The rejected Desperate Housewives, so its not just the writing, its the brass

QueenGRH
01-23-06, 09:46 PM
NBC actually has some of the best reality shows on TV (specifically the Apprentice) and probably the best late night personality (Conan). Their scripted TV has gone down hill. The rejected Desperate Housewives, so its not just the writing, its the brass

Yes, but now DH sucks too.

Bozidar
01-23-06, 11:00 PM
Hopefully this time fonzy's motorcycle fails and he falls in the shark tank...

JDPNYY
01-23-06, 11:03 PM
Is FeeBee 60 years old?

Archer1979
01-23-06, 11:03 PM

[end of rant]

Every week that they don't have a new West Wing episode, I will instruct Pat Robertson to tell God to kill a kitten.

Bring that message to your bosses.

Thanks.

Random
01-24-06, 09:11 AM
Apparently the rumors are false:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/entertainment/6371300/detail.html?rss=ah&psp=news

My wife also said she saw on CNN this morning that NBC has come out and said they are not true.

keithf1
01-24-06, 09:38 AM

http://www.accesshollywood.com/entertainment/6371300/detail.html?rss=ah&psp=news

My wife also said she saw on CNN this morning that NBC has come out and said they are not true.
That SUCKS.

NYYBombshell
01-24-06, 10:42 AM

And the world breathes a collective sigh of relief.

Hitman23
01-24-06, 10:59 AM
And the world breathes a collective sigh of relief.speak for yourself.

SuperMario66
01-24-06, 11:12 AM
speak for yourself.

Yeah, i don't really understand why the people who don't watch the show are all that concerned. Don't watch this time either. I am sure there will be something else on.

Dave Visbeck
01-24-06, 11:23 AM
My wife will be happy with this news. Me? I just scratch my head or something else. :P

NYYBombshell
01-24-06, 11:23 AM
Don't watch this time either. I am sure there will be something else on.

Well, we know Friends won't be on since that was found out to be false info.

Dave Visbeck
01-24-06, 11:24 AM
Just give ME... Cheers. :D

DaBomber25
01-24-06, 11:25 AM
And the world breathes a collective sigh of relief.

Yep. Cause from what I had heard everyone on the universe was going to be forced to watch every second of these shows at gun point.

NYYBombshell
01-24-06, 11:27 AM
Yep. Cause from what I had heard everyone on the universe was going to be forced to watch every second of these shows at gun point.

Yeah, apparently no one gets sarcasm.

Did you really think the world would breathe a collective sigh of relief? I mean, how hard would it be to get 6 billion people to do one thing at the same time?

DaBomber25
01-24-06, 11:31 AM
Did you really think the world would breathe a collective sigh of relief? I mean, how hard would it be to get 6 billion people to do one thing at the same time?

Not too difficult. I'd send out a mass EMail and a bunch of Mentos.

Hitman23
01-24-06, 11:42 AM
Yeah, apparently no one gets sarcasm. Sarcasm or not, you seem to hate this show so much, and others as well, to continue to make comments. The show didn't do as well as it did for that long because it sucked. We get the fact that you hate it. So..... don't watch it. :cool:

DaBomber25
01-24-06, 11:48 AM
So..... don't watch it. :cool:

Is it really that simple?

NYYBombshell
01-24-06, 11:51 AM
Sarcasm or not, you seem to hate this show so much, and others as well, to continue to make comments. The show didn't do as well as it did for that long because it sucked. We get the fact that you hate it. So..... don't watch it. :cool:

It was a hoax, so no worries there.

Also, I don't recall saying I hated it. I don't want it to come back. Big difference. The show had it's run, they did the goodbye thing, to come back is just beating a dead horse and there's enough of that on TV as it is.

Hitman23
01-24-06, 11:52 AM
Is it really that simple?I thought it was, but I'm questioning that now. Jennifer Aniston's boobs must have some sort of subliminal hypnotic effect on the citizens of America forcing them to watch it against their will.

Good thing it ain't coming back, huh?

Hitman23
01-24-06, 11:53 AM
Also, I don't recall saying I hated it. I don't want it to come back. Big difference. The show had it's run, they did the goodbye thing, to come back is just beating a dead horse and there's enough of that on TV as it is.You don't have to say it.

And.... WE GET IT!

DaBomber25
01-24-06, 11:55 AM
I thought it was, but I'm questioning that now. Jennifer Aniston's boobs must have some sort of subliminal hypnotic effect on the citizens of America forcing them to watch it against their will.

Good thing it ain't coming back, huh?

I just don't get it. If a show I hated or just didn't like were to suddenly come back after being off the air for a few years that wouldn't phase me in the slightest.

NYYBombshell
01-24-06, 11:56 AM
You don't have to say it.

Dude, I liked the show.

Hitman23
01-24-06, 11:57 AM
I just don't get it. If a show I hated or just didn't like were to suddenly come back after being off the air for a few years that wouldn't phase me in the slightest.I agree. I hate "everybody loves raymond" and it's on like 4 channels at once from 6pm to 8pm, but I just change it. Whatever..... it'll go away eventually.

Hitman23
01-24-06, 11:59 AM
Dude, I liked the show.That's cool. But it still means if you don't want a return, just change the channel. There's alot of effort being put into how much people hate it.

I suppose i understand, I stop in the ND thread now and then to bash it. maybe I'm being hypocritical. Shame on me for that. :o

DaBomber25
01-24-06, 12:16 PM
I agree. I hate "everybody loves raymond" and it's on like 4 channels at once from 6pm to 8pm, but I just change it. Whatever..... it'll go away eventually.

:lol: I think I remember one of the reasons why you hate that show. And I think it's on the WB for about 2 hours and on TBS every night 'til about friggin' midnight.

RhodyYanksFan
01-24-06, 02:31 PM
:lol: I think I remember one of the reasons why you hate that show. And I think it's on the WB for about 2 hours and on TBS every night 'til about friggin' midnight.

I hate that show because all they ever do is argue. It's the same every time.

Hitman23
01-24-06, 02:40 PM
I hate that show because all they ever do is argue. It's the same every time.Or it could be because not one person on that show is funny enough to overcome how annoying they are. Ray's dad is the only tolerable character.

gdn
01-24-06, 03:28 PM
I agree. I hate "everybody loves raymond" and it's on like 4 channels at once from 6pm to 8pm, but I just change it. Whatever..... it'll go away eventually.I HATE that show. Now TBS is showing it for like 3 hours STRAIGHT on one night. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Evil Empire
01-24-06, 03:31 PM
I actually like Everybody loves Raymond. It's pretty funny.

RhodyYanksFan
01-24-06, 03:53 PM
Or it could be because not one person on that show is funny enough to overcome how annoying they are. Ray's dad is the only tolerable character.

Yeah, his dad did have some good lines when making fun of the mother.

BillBuckner
01-24-06, 08:05 PM
Friends is like Dracula. You just cant kill it.

JDPNYY
01-24-06, 08:05 PM
I just hope they've all still remained friends even though they don't get together every week.

Evil Empire
01-24-06, 08:06 PM
Friends is like Dracula. You just cant kill it.

If we hunt down all the actors and hide them in your basement, we can.

DontHateOnNumber2
01-24-06, 08:17 PM
Damn, my mother would've loved to see the show come back.

JDPNYY
01-24-06, 08:18 PM
I heard Joey might move to California.

Tifoso
01-24-06, 08:19 PM
I heard Joey might move to California.

And that he has a REALLY ugly sister.

JDPNYY
01-24-06, 08:19 PM
And that he has a REALLY ugly sister.

Everyone is beautiful on the inside Lou. I'm surprised to see you make a comment like that.

Tifoso
01-24-06, 08:20 PM
Everyone is beautiful on the inside Lou. I'm surprised to see you make a comment like that.

She must be Cheryl Ladd on the inside, then. :)

JDPNYY
01-24-06, 08:24 PM
She must be Cheryl Ladd on the inside, then. :)

I'm really shocked by these comments. As a person with a hideous appearance, I'd like to think that I still have something to offer the earth from within my being. Just because I am gruesome, doesn't give people the right to make fun of me. Although they do, I've had to learn to accept it.

Sorry for the rant Lou.

Luvtino
01-24-06, 11:25 PM
I was hoping the news was true. I liked the show. :o :)