PDA

View Full Version : My grandfather died tonight..

DontHateOnNumber2
01-21-06, 03:13 AM
My grandfather died in my grandmother's home, which is just up the street. He had two types of cancer, lung cancer which I believe is from smoking and cancer in his stomach which is believed to have been from exposure to radiation while he was in the Army. He was pretty out of it for the past 2 weeks as he's been given all types of sedatives and medication for his bodily swelling and near-constant pain. I was one of two people in a house full of family that didn't break down crying so that I could pass out hugs left and right. My only consolation is that his family was always around and that he is no longer suffering. I can always count on my fellow posters to be around when no one else is awake, thanks everyone.

wexy
01-21-06, 06:13 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. He is no longer suffering and may he rest in peace.

Trish
01-21-06, 07:06 AM
I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I'm sorry he had to suffer so much.

Cancer is evil.

LilChief
01-21-06, 08:12 AM
It's never easy to say goodbye to a loved one, even when you know they are no longer sufferening. Try to take comfort in the fact that he is at peace, and remember we are all here for you.

I still cry when I think of my Mom and how much I miss her, but I have to remind myself that she had suffered long enough and can rest now...and I know she'll always be with me.

So sorry for your loss...

Barb51850
01-21-06, 08:16 AM
I am so sorry about your grandfather. My dad had lung cancer, and I know how horrible it is. You and your family are in my prayers.

Barb

fredgmuggs
01-21-06, 08:18 AM
I'm so very sorry about the loss of your grandfather. Now he is in peace.

I offer to you, this Bible passage from the Book of Wisdom, in my hopes it will give you comfort.

"the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and no torment shall touch them."

Dave Visbeck
01-21-06, 08:46 AM
My grandfather died in my grandmother's home, which is just up the street. He had two types of cancer, lung cancer which I believe is from smoking and cancer in his stomach which is believed to have been from exposure to radiation while he was in the Army. He was pretty out of it for the past 2 weeks as he's been given all types of sedatives and medication for his bodily swelling and near-constant pain. I was one of two people in a house full of family that didn't break down crying so that I could pass out hugs left and right. My only consolation is that his family was always around and that he is no longer suffering. I can always count on my fellow posters to be around when no one else is awake, thanks everyone.

:( God Angel ... I am so so sorry for you and your grandmother and family.
It must of been awfully bad to see your grandfather suffering... and you can all take heart now because of the fact that he will be reaching the real Kingdom now in peace... with no more pain.

NYYfan24
01-21-06, 08:48 AM
So Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. He is at peace and is no longer suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Soriambi
01-21-06, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. :( May he RIP.

Evil Empire
01-21-06, 09:27 AM
I'm very sorry Angel. My condolences.

Coney36
01-21-06, 09:32 AM
My condolence to you and your family. :(

Chesbro41
01-21-06, 09:34 AM
I'm so sorry about your grandfather.

yankeesfaninaz
01-21-06, 10:07 AM
im sorry about your loss.

cancer is horrible.

Yankyfan
01-21-06, 10:17 AM
Sorry for your loss.I do believe he's in a better place now.

Archer1979
01-21-06, 10:21 AM
My sincerest condolences.

It's never easy, but the pain is over for both your grandfather as well as your family.

May the road rise up to meet him,
May the wind be ever at his back
May the sun shine warm upon his face
And the rain fall softly on his fields
And until you meet again, May God hold
him in the hollow of His hand

PinstripePride
01-21-06, 10:22 AM
I'm so sorry to hear man. The loss of a grandparent is really rough. My grandmother passed away from cancer a few years ago. Hang in there, keep your chin up. Feel free to PM me. :(

gdn
01-21-06, 10:23 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about it. It's always sad when someone passes away. My grandfather passed away 8 years ago and sometimes I still miss him... may he Rest in Peace.

boo_427
01-21-06, 11:20 AM
My condolences to you and your family.

Boricua21
01-21-06, 01:26 PM
Keep your head up and yes, of course we will be here for you. Remember the good times and smile when you think and speak of him. My deepest condolences.

PalmerGA
01-21-06, 01:58 PM
My sincere condolences. I can only hope that you learned as much as you could from your grandfather. Our elders are fading fast, and we need to love them, listen to them, and learn from them while they are still with us. May God bless you and comfort you in this sad time.

CptCrunch
01-21-06, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family.

Sligo Yankee
01-21-06, 02:28 PM
Lord rest him.
You'll never walk alone.

NJ Fan
01-21-06, 03:16 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tifoso
01-21-06, 03:25 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss, amico mio. Rest assured that he is in a much better place.

LDG
01-21-06, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Being strong for your family is great - they probably really need you, but don't forget to take care of yourself.

BronxBaumer
01-21-06, 04:45 PM
My sincere condolences.

sharoncass
01-21-06, 04:52 PM
God bless you and your family.It is never easy to lose someone you love, but take comfort in the fact that your grandfather is at peace now and no longer suffering.

NYYBombshell
01-21-06, 05:13 PM
I'm so sorry. I never got to know either of my grandfathers, so you're luckier than I was. You'll always have those great memories of him.

My condolences. :(

texasyankee
01-21-06, 08:39 PM
Sorry for your grandfather's passing. God bless him.

dabomb2045
01-21-06, 09:18 PM
I'm so sorry. I never got to know either of my grandfathers, so you're luckier than I was. You'll always have those great memories of him.

My condolences. :(

I'm in the same boat as you. My one grandfather died when I was 2...the other died when I was 11, and I barely knew him....I only remember meeting him like 2 or 3 times.

DontHate....my prayers are with you.

BillBuckner
01-21-06, 09:23 PM
I went through the same thing a few months ago. My advice to you is cherish the memories. Really think about it and cherish them. Life can be taken away, but legacies last forever. If you carry it with you to where ever you go, it's like he never left you. Keep your head up pal.

Sheff_Rod
01-22-06, 01:04 AM
Very sorry for your loss, Angel. My condolences go out to you and your family, may he RIP.

#1PaFan
01-22-06, 01:14 AM
My condolences. Bless him and bless you & your family.

Stupid Flanders
01-22-06, 07:08 AM
That sucks. Good luck to you my friend.

GiambiRocks
01-22-06, 09:48 AM
I wish that I could offer more than just this message. I am sending you thoughts of love and strength. I give God thanks that your grandfather is no longer in pain. I know that he gave you so much and not a day will go by when you don't think about him. It's the gift that was given to you by him. Don't diminish that gift by wasting a lot of time thinking about the loss rather than thinking about what you have gained from him. Cherish the beauty of the gift of time that you had together.

I pray for you courage to face the challenges that the next few days will bring you. Unfortunately the only way out of grief is through it. I wish you peace and comfort now and in the coming days.

obsessedyankeefan
01-22-06, 10:53 AM
I'm so sorry about your grandfather. As hard as it is to lose someone as precious as a grandfather, please take comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering and in pain, as much as it hurts right now.

My deepest condolences to you and your family and may he RIP. :(

yankeebot
01-22-06, 10:55 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Cherish your memories and share them often.

WashingtonYankee
01-22-06, 09:57 PM
Aw man, I'm so sorry. Just cherish all the good times you shared with him.

yanksrule69
01-23-06, 08:38 AM
Try to find solace that he is no longer suffering. Sorry for your loss.

krystl
01-23-06, 09:44 AM
So sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(
You are fortunate to have had him in your life for so long and take comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering. Remember the good times and be there for your grandmother.

penfold
01-23-06, 11:55 AM
I'm very, very sorry.
:(

My condolences.

Dooley Womack
01-23-06, 01:37 PM
I'm truly sorry. My deepest condolences go out to you and your family.

Luvtino
01-25-06, 12:26 AM
I am sorry for you loss. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers. May your grandfather rest in peace. :(

silverdsl
01-25-06, 08:48 AM
So sorry for your loss. :(

-Deborah