PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Satin Dugout Jacket

Shaun4013
01-19-06, 10:53 AM
For anyone interested, I am selling my Yankees Satin dugout jacket. I bought it at the stadium a few years ago, and I wore it only on that day during the game. It was the version from shortly after 9/11 with the american flag on the sleeve. Its in basically new condition, worn only once. I am selling it because I am in desperate need of money. The link to the auction is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7213050167&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Shaun4013
01-23-06, 07:40 PM
if its to pricey, whats a good price?

Yankeeah
01-23-06, 08:36 PM
I would say it's too pricey because you can buy a brand new one for $120. Maybe bring it down a little

destiNY
01-23-06, 09:51 PM
is attempting to sell something other than tickets here allowed?????????????? :(

yankeesrule2000
01-23-06, 10:03 PM
Def way to much, i spent $100 on mine brand new..

Epy7280
01-23-06, 11:26 PM
i would start at $50 and let the bidding start from there. After all is done and said .. you will probably walk away with $75 dollars....... cuz with $100 i could just buy myself a new one.

Evil Empire
01-23-06, 11:50 PM
is attempting to sell something other than tickets here allowed?????????????? :(

I'd think so as long as it's Yankee related...(I'd assume no Yankee bongs though...;) :p )

ZYanksRule
01-24-06, 12:20 AM
It's at $120 on MLB.com, so yea, I would bring it down just a little bit, maybe 50-75 or so, let the bidders bring it higher...

Shaun4013
01-24-06, 02:18 AM
Well, if anyones interested, I revised the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7213050167

Thanks.

StatenIslandYankee
01-24-06, 02:24 AM
It's way too high. I'd buy it in the 30$ range AT MOST. I mean if I'm going to spend 50$ I might as well pop for another 50 and get it brand new. Only reason to buy used is to get it dirt cheap.

yankeesnum1
01-24-06, 07:31 AM
I think the 20$ shipping is a but high, even for UPS

Yankeeah
01-24-06, 09:54 AM
Sorry dude, but I think 75 bucks is still too much. If you can spend 75 on a jacket, then 20 bucks for shipping, you might as well get a new one.

YankeeClemens22
01-24-06, 11:03 AM
It's too high. Let the market decide the price of your item. Start it at $1, and it will end up selling for what it is worth. If you aren't willing to let it go at a price that's lower than you hoped, you probably shouldn't be selling it.

But if you start at $1, you will get bidders to the point that it isn't worth the price anymore.

Panamaniac42
01-25-06, 01:20 AM
Does anybody have any tips for selling on ebay? I've never done it before, but I came across two Mets bar stools at a store that was going out of business.

http://shop.mlb.com/sm-imperial-new-york-mets-bar-stool--pi-1176947.html

I got them dirt cheap I'll just put it that way...They are brand new and I know I obviously won't be able to get the standard price of 130 each for them, but I'm hoping to get 90-100 possibly. Do you think that is a realistic goal?

jaisonline
01-25-06, 08:44 AM
I'm an eBay veteran, who sells mainly sports-related items. My Feedback Score is 544 Positives and 0 negatives. I'm a bronze status Power Seller.

If anyone needs advice about selling on ebay, send me a private msg.

I would start this jacket at $29.99 and let the demand drive up the price. Let auction bidders battle for this jacket. Revise your item and click the shipping option that lets you select up to 3 carrier and service methods. Also, charge the actual UPS shipping price plus $3 dollars for your time (packing it, supplies, mailing it, etc...) Don't worry about this extra charge, your bidders won't notice this charge unless they manually calculate it on ups.com using both mailing addresses. In summary, high shipping prices are offset by lower realzed final auction prices. Additionally, the seller saves a few %s on the selling fee. However, most bidders are turned off by extreme shipping fees.

Irascible Yankee Fan
01-26-06, 07:51 AM
Is the jacket sold? The bidding on E-Bay is over.

If I had known it was an XL, maybe I would have bought it.

DJeter1287
01-28-06, 01:14 AM
As a retail veteran, I know that the dugout jackets are sold for 100 dollars brand new. You may want to bring down the price so people will be tempted to buy yours instead of a brand new one.

Irascible Yankee Fan
01-28-06, 09:33 AM
Shaun4013...let me know what you want for the jacket...maybe we can work a deal without e-bay.

HouseThatRingsBuild
02-01-06, 02:19 PM
Its called a bomber jacket, people.

A-Rob
02-13-06, 06:02 AM
I'm an eBay veteran, who sells mainly sports-related items. My Feedback Score is 544 Positives and 0 negatives. I'm a bronze status Power Seller.

If anyone needs advice about selling on ebay, send me a private msg.

I would start this jacket at $29.99 and let the demand drive up the price. Let auction bidders battle for this jacket. Revise your item and click the shipping option that lets you select up to 3 carrier and service methods. Also, charge the actual UPS shipping price plus $3 dollars for your time (packing it, supplies, mailing it, etc...) Don't worry about this extra charge, your bidders won't notice this charge unless they manually calculate it on ups.com using both mailing addresses. In summary, high shipping prices are offset by lower realzed final auction prices. Additionally, the seller saves a few %s on the selling fee. However, most bidders are turned off by extreme shipping fees.

What do you mainky sell? If it's sports merchendise like Yankee stuff I'd be glad to check it out since I live in Europe and shipping through mlb.com and other american based companys is usually very expensive cause it's all express. It's also fun to be able to get some stuff then and then insted of always buying a ................load when you're in NYC. ;)