PDA

View Full Version : "Potty Parity"

NYDCYankee
01-19-06, 03:27 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0119/p16s01-lihc.html

The battleground for women's rights is expanding from the boardroom to the bathroom, and a serious legislative initiative nicknamed "potty parity" is giving new meaning to the term "separate but equal."

The new push, which is quietly making its way into construction standards around the world, says restrooms should provide two to three times as many "outlets" for women as for men. In that sense, "potty parity" bills offer women more than parity: It may finally trim the long lines for women's rooms at theaters, stadiums, and highway rest stops.

"It's a good thing," says Kari Roberts of Reading, Mass., a shopper at the Prudential Center Mall in Boston. She says the wait time for restrooms "needs to be the same" for both men and women.

This is the line that scares me:

"There's always this conversation, this conspiracy" among women waiting in line for the bathroom, she says. "Women are always asking: 'Is there anyone in the men's room? Can we go in there and take it over?'"

Now ladies is this in any way, shape or form true. Because I am envisioning a secret signal being sent out (potentially on Oprah) prompting women across the world to take over mensrooms.

If this is true...let me caution you: You Do NOT Want To Go In there (especially if you are at Yankee Stadium).

yankeebot
01-19-06, 04:57 AM
I have invaded many a mens' room over the course of my life. It has not been pretty.

Stupid Flanders
01-19-06, 06:44 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0119/p16s01-lihc.html

This is the line that scares me:

Now ladies is this in any way, shape or form true. Because I am envisioning a secret signal being sent out (potentially on Oprah) prompting women across the world to take over mensrooms.

If this is true...let me caution you: You Do NOT Want To Go In there (especially if you are at Yankee Stadium).

They want fair and equal? Give them urinals and troughs.

Trish
01-19-06, 06:58 AM
This can only be good for both sexes. With less waiting in line in the ladies room, you men won't have to wait so long for us to do our business.

LilChief
01-19-06, 07:16 AM
You know whats funny? At game 6 of the 2003 ALCS, the lines for the mens rooms were much longer than the lines for the ladies rooms, and there were guys pushing their way into the women's bathrooms! My friend and I were in there more than once that night when it happened, and the poor woman who was attending that bathroom was about 4'0" and kept trying to stop them to no avail...they just pushed her out of the way. We were actually getting concerned for her safety and brought it to someones attention that she needed help controlling the situation. How often do you see men crashing the ladies room?

Hey we gotta protect our turf! ;)

DanB
01-19-06, 04:59 PM
There was a chick about 10 years ago that got arrested for going in a men's bathroom at a concert...she got busted because on her way out she made a loud comment to the effect of, "I left the seat up, just like you guys like it..." An off duty cop that was in there arrested her. She was on Leno, Letterman, or something when I saw it. I think she got off because of some county ordinance that said if the women's line was too long they could use the men's room.

I've been in many a bar with chicks in the men's room...it don't bother me...they're not interested in my 2 inches.

NYYBombshell
01-19-06, 05:12 PM
I have used the mens' room before if the line for the women's restroom is too long. I usually either put my sunglasses on (if it's daytime) or shield my eyes........run in.........find a stall..........do what must be done..........and then run out. I use anti-bacterial hand gel and wipes to clean my hands afterward.

MisterNovember
01-19-06, 07:22 PM
There was a chick about 10 years ago that got arrested for going in a men's bathroom at a concert...she got busted because on her way out she made a loud comment to the effect of, "I left the seat up, just like you guys like it..." An off duty cop that was in there arrested her. She was on Leno, Letterman, or something when I saw it. I think she got off because of some county ordinance that said if the women's line was too long they could use the men's room.

I've been in many a bar with chicks in the men's room...it don't bother me...they're not interested in my 2 inches.

I think DanB might have some sort of complex.

DanB
01-19-06, 08:31 PM
I think DanB might have some sort of complex.

nope...it does what it needs to and it pleases the one person it needs to...me ;)

wexy
01-19-06, 09:02 PM
I always had the theory the real reason women live longer than men was to make up for time spent on bathroom lines over the course of a lifetime.

jonnyc39
01-19-06, 09:44 PM
If we ignore this story maybe it will just go away.

yankeeschic12324
01-19-06, 09:47 PM
I have used the men's bathroom at my job...there isn't a urinal in there so you really can't tell the difference, it looks just like the women's bathroom...If I have to use the bathroom, I'm not gonna wait for a female to exit the bathroom if the men's room is free...

JDPNYY
01-19-06, 11:00 PM
If women would go to the bathroom by themselves the line would be half as long.

NYDCYankee
01-19-06, 11:05 PM
If women would go to the bathroom by themselves the line would be half as long.

Ding ding ding. Very good call.