PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

NYDCYankee
01-17-06, 10:55 PM
No American Idol thread yet? I don't even watch the show but I caught the end of it tonight.

I can't believe they let that guy who thinks he talks to animals go through to the next round.

yeahimweird
01-17-06, 11:26 PM
The 17 year old Sinatra wannabe was cute.

I feel dirty.

NYDCYankee
01-17-06, 11:29 PM
The 17 year old Sinatra wannabe was cute.

I feel dirty.

He was the best one he could really sing

NYYBombshell
01-17-06, 11:31 PM
That girl singing Lady Marmalade needs to go far, far away. I thought someone was torturing a cat.

yeahimweird
01-17-06, 11:37 PM
He was the best one he could really sing

He was definitely one of the better ones tonight. Plus, he's pretty easy on the eyes. The girls will definitely like him.

That girl singing Lady Marmalade needs to go far, far away. I thought someone was torturing a cat.

That whole montage made my ears bleed.

I can't believe that fake-a-bake chick came back. She was the worst out of all of them.

NYDCYankee
01-17-06, 11:46 PM
He was definitely one of the better ones tonight. Plus, he's pretty easy on the eyes. The girls will definitely like him.

Simon knew that which is why he was fighting for him.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:10 AM
Watched it. Someone shoot me and put me out of my misery.

JDPNYY
01-18-06, 12:12 AM
I will shout "yippee" the day FOX goes out of business.

NYDCYankee
01-18-06, 12:26 AM

But then no more "24" :(

NYYBombshell
01-18-06, 12:29 AM
But then no more "24" :(

When 24 ends, whenever that may be, FOX might as well go off air. Aren't they the only thing giving the station ratings?

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:30 AM
Fox News is the best, though. :)

ALR83
01-18-06, 12:36 AM
That overly fake tanned, air head bimbo was just.....I don't even know how to explain it. But it all made sense when her mother walked in the room. All made sense. :lol:

NYYBombshell
01-18-06, 12:36 AM
That overly fake tanned, air head bimbo was just.....I don't even know how to explain it. But it all made sense when her mother walked in the room. All made sense. :lol:

Apple didn't fall far from the tree, huh?

JfromJersey
01-18-06, 12:43 AM
You know something fishy is going on when Randy and Paula give the thumbs up to that wacky guy at the end. What was that all about?

NYDCYankee
01-18-06, 12:44 AM
When 24 ends, whenever that may be, FOX might as well go off air. Aren't they the only thing giving the station ratings?

Well if you don't count Idol which gets huge ratings. And FOX gets better ratings then NBC.

ALR83
01-18-06, 02:13 AM

*not legal, not legal, not legal* :uhh:

Apple didn't fall far from the tree, huh?

She was wearing a mini denim skirt with I think a halter top. So yeah, didn't fall far from the tree lol.

NYYBombshell
01-18-06, 02:17 AM
Well if you don't count Idol which gets huge ratings. And FOX gets better ratings then NBC.

Well, this year it's going up against the Olympics, which could wreak havoc on their ratings.

yeahimweird
01-18-06, 02:59 AM
*not legal, not legal, not legal* :uhh:

Don't remind me. :uhh:

NYDCYankee
01-18-06, 03:06 AM
Well, this year it's going up against the Olympics, which could wreak havoc on their ratings.

Yeah true but that is not the norm. The Olympics are only for two or so weeks anyway.

yankeefreak04
01-18-06, 07:20 AM

Actually "Prison Break" brought in some pretty good ratings for Fox as well...

RhodeyYankee2638
01-18-06, 07:45 AM

24 just started getting good ratings. There was a talk for a while it could get cancelled. Prison Break, The OC, Simpsons etc. still get decent ratings

RhodeyYankee2638
01-18-06, 07:46 AM

NBC was in fourth all winter without both 24 and American Idol on the air. They are screwed now, especially with the Sopranos coming back on HBO in March

RhodyYanksFan
01-18-06, 08:20 AM
:barf: :snooze:

Is what this show makes me feel like doing. I've never watched one episode and think it's the worst idea and the worst thing to happen to music in the past decade.

silverdsl
01-18-06, 08:45 AM
I'm not going to watch until they have the finalists in Hollywood in Febuary... and maybe not even then. Sometimes it's really disheartening watching this show in terms of what it says about the state of music.

-Deborah

gdn
01-18-06, 08:47 AM
I really dislike this show.

Also, Simpsons and Family Guy bring in ratings for Fox....

yanksrule69
01-18-06, 09:12 AM
I'm not going to watch until they have the finalists in Hollywood in Febuary... and maybe not even then. Sometimes it's really disheartening watching this show in terms of what it says about the state of music.

-Deborah

I'm the opposite. I like watching the ridiculous auditions - what I have seen of them. Last night was only the second or third time I caught any of them. Once it gets more serious I have no interest in it, but then again I enjoy watcing people make fools of themselves.

I think Paula said yes to that whackjob that talks to animals just to piss Simon off because he is such a pain in the ass.

Dooley Womack
01-18-06, 10:05 AM

Why? Just don't watch it.

DaBomber25
01-18-06, 10:37 AM
I didn't watch the show but I was listening to the radio on the way to work (off topic: anyone know how to get a damned stuck CD out of a car CD player?) and they had some of Simon's "highlights" on. It's retarded. Why do people enjoy the same thing year after year after year? Horrible auditions and Simon trying so hard to insult people that now he's insulting everything about these people besides their singing.

SubwayFanatic
01-18-06, 10:43 AM
I didn't watch the show but I was listening to the radio on the way to work (off topic: anyone know how to get a damned stuck CD out of a car CD player?) and they had some of Simon's "highlights" on. It's retarded. Why do people enjoy the same thing year after year after year? Horrible auditions and Simon trying so hard to insult people that now he's insulting everything about these people besides their singing.

I kind of look at this show the same as I do with "The Real World." When "The Real World" first started out it was original and different. But after they kept on using the same formula over and over again I kind of got bored with it.

Same thing with "American Idol." You kind of know what to expect now.

I still will watch once in a while, but I will not be following it that closely.

ritaylnil
01-18-06, 12:29 PM
I still like it. It helps get me through the long, cold winter. :)

krystl
01-18-06, 01:17 PM
I like Idol and have watched since season 1. I like mindess entertainent sometimes.

I was kinda disappointed Simon shooed the Statue of Liberty guy away so fast. He sounded like he could actually sing. I guess it depends on what frame of mind the judges are in at a particular moment.

That fake tan girl was such a ditz. My daughter got a big kick out of her. :lol:

Hitman23
01-18-06, 01:32 PM
I'm the opposite. I like watching the ridiculous auditions - what I have seen of them. Last night was only the second or third time I caught any of them. Once it gets more serious I have no interest in it, but then again I enjoy watcing people make fools of themselves.

I think Paula said yes to that whackjob that talks to animals just to piss Simon off because he is such a pain in the ass.It's the only time the show is actually entertaining. It's double the fun because not only are people terrible, but they get ripped to shreads by 3 tools.

SubwayFanatic
01-18-06, 01:41 PM
By the way, was it just me or was Simon even more rude and vicious than ever last night?

NYYBombshell
01-18-06, 01:41 PM
The only part of the show I watch are the auditions. I love watching all these sucky losers get torn to shreds by Simon Cowell.

Hitman23
01-18-06, 01:43 PM
By the way, was it just me or was Simon even more rude and vicious than ever last night?The man has made his name by being as vicious as he is. The problem with that is he needs to continue to top that or people will get bored and numb to his insults.

SubwayFanatic
01-18-06, 01:46 PM
The man has made his name by being as vicious as he is. The problem with that is he needs to continue to top that or people will get bored and numb to his insults.

I honestly have no problem with him telling it like it is.

I think far too many of these contestants have been told by their friends and family that they are great singers when in actuality they are not.

It's funny seeing them get a dose of the truth.

NYYBombshell
01-18-06, 01:48 PM

I think far too many of these contestants have been told my their friends and family that they are great singers when in actuality they are not.

That's why I love it so much. I know that I can't sing, my friends know that I can't sing and my family knows that I can't sing, so I wouldn't embarrass myself on national television like that. Furthermore, even if I did want to do this, my parents would be the first ones to say "You suck, now go sit down".

Hitman23
01-18-06, 01:50 PM

I think far too many of these contestants have been told by their friends and family that they are great singers when in actuality they are not.

It's funny seeing them get a dose of the truth.I have no problem with it either. That's what makes the show entertaining to me. But when it gets narrowed down I can't take it anymore.

RhodyYanksFan
01-18-06, 01:53 PM

Yeah, it's pretty funny to think these people had a dream that they were gonna be the next American Idol, they stood in line for hours, had everyone behind them, and then they get cut off after 3 seconds. :lol:

yanksrule69
01-18-06, 01:57 PM

Like the kid whose grandmother was with him and they told her she was giving him false hope and her response was, "I'm his grandmother. That's what I am supposed to do."

Some of them are worse than me and I'm about as tone deaf as one can get - these people can't possibly think they actually sound good.

I have no problem with it either. That's what makes the show entertaining to me. But when it gets narrowed down I can't take it anymore.

I have no interest in it when it gets narrowed down. I've never even bothered to watch the episodes where the audience (i think) votes but when I'm changing stations and I see the auditons I will watch.

krystl
01-18-06, 02:06 PM
By the way, was it just me or was Simon even more rude and vicious than ever last night?
I guess I am one who is numb to Simon's comments. Nothing he could say would surprise me anymore.

krystl
01-18-06, 02:07 PM
Like the kid whose grandmother was with him and they told her she was giving him false hope and her response was, "I'm his grandmother. That's what I am supposed to do."

Yeah, the same kid whose mother said she cries when he sings. Seacrest asked her if she cried because he was so good and she said yes. :lol:

SubwayFanatic
01-18-06, 03:13 PM
What a lot of these people just can't accept is that while they may be pretty decent singers, they are just not really great ones.

I think a lot of them feel like, "Well, I am one of the best singers in my town!" so that automatically makes them one of the best in the country.

They forget that there is so many other people in the country who are much better singers than they are, and the truth hurts them.

ritaylnil
01-18-06, 04:12 PM
What a lot of these people just can't accept is that while they may be pretty decent singers, they are just not really great ones.

I think a lot of them feel like, "Well, I am one of the best singers in my town!" so that automatically makes them one of the best in the country.

They forget that there is so many other people in the country who are much better singers than they are, and the truth hurts them.

Yeah, there's a big difference between someone who can be impressive at a karaoke lounge and someone who truly has a superior talent.

Hitman23
01-18-06, 04:17 PM
Yeah, there's a big difference between someone who can be impressive at a karaoke lounge and someone who truly has a superior talent.This is why I believe that reality television, even in the form of a contest, is becoming more and more bullsh*t then reality. I'm sorry, but these people that are on this show or any of the others have more f*cking drama in one day then I've had in my entire life. Now they're either being asked or paid to overreact and cause a scene, or they are some sick and twisted individuals. Give these bipolar crybabies some Zoloft because if they are acting on their own personalities, they look even dumber because there's no secret that if you aren't perfect you WILL BE torn apart. It's a simple fact that is really not that hard to understand. If you want your shot at fame on these shows you have to be aware of what is gonna be thrown your way. If you can't handle it, stay home.

Your other choice of course is to continue to entertain the hell out of me. Which I really don't mind.

ritaylnil
01-18-06, 04:21 PM
This is why I believe that reality television, even in the form of a contest, is becoming more and more bullsh*t then reality. I'm sorry, but these people that are on this show or any of the others have more f*cking drama in one day then I've had in my entire life. Now they're either being asked or paid to overreact and cause a scene, or they are some sick and twisted individuals. Give these bipolar crybabies some Zoloft because if they are acting on their own personalities, they look even dumber because there's no secret that if you aren't perfect you WILL BE torn apart. It's a simple fact that is really not that hard to understand. If you want your shot at fame on these shows you have to be aware of what is gonna be thrown your way. If you can't handle it, stay home.

Your other choice of course is to continue to entertain the hell out of me. Which I really don't mind.

I think it has been obvious from Day One of "Reality" T.V. that the audience is constantly manipulated. The players are either encouraged or even paid to be extra dramatic or crazy-acting. For some bizarre reason, I still find some of these type shows entertaining. They'll run their course, though.

Hitman23
01-18-06, 04:25 PM
I think it has been obvious from Day One of "Reality" T.V. that the audience is constantly manipulated. The players are either encouraged or even paid to be extra dramatic or crazy-acting. For some bizarre reason, I still find some of these type shows entertaining. They'll run their course, though.I figured there was some extent this entire time. But it's gotten out of control. My wife was watchng that "wife-swap" show. I saw this lady completely wig out over something she thought was evil. I laughed my ass of for like 20 minutes. I suppose it works. i used to hate reality TV, but now I watch it for the sole purpose of those breakdowns.

I feel so dirty.

LilChief
01-18-06, 05:02 PM
I was kinda disappointed Simon shooed the Statue of Liberty guy away so fast. He sounded like he could actually sing. I guess it depends on what frame of mind the judges are in at a particular moment.

I didn't think that was right either...the poor guy only got 2 words out and actually sounded decent (if you can tell that in 2 words), and Simon tossed him instantly, meanwhile some awful acts were allowed to go on and on and on, just so they'd have enough horrible footage to air...
And what was with giving that 1st guy an hour to come back and try again?

We watched it for the first time last year when my son had his surgery, but it's mostly for laughs...by the end we picked our favorites though.

Trish
01-18-06, 05:06 PM
We watch it. It's something that we actually all like to get together and sit around and watch.

I'm also looking forward to the celebrity skating show, because I'm a big figure skating fan.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 05:39 PM
We watch it. It's something that we actually all like to get together and sit around and watch.

I'm also looking forward to the celebrity skating show, because I'm a big figure skating fan.

Along the same lines as American Idol, they're thinking of airing a Celebrities Watching Paint Dry show, too :)

Trish
01-18-06, 05:47 PM
Along the same lines as American Idol, they're thinking of airing a Celebrities Watching Paint Dry show, too :)
Oh STFU :P

Tifoso
01-18-06, 05:54 PM
Oh STFU :P

Well, I never :mad:

OK, maybe once :o

yeahimweird
01-18-06, 06:47 PM
Speaking of celebrity "reality shows", tonight is the premiere of Skating with Celebrities.

I know it will be awful, but it will be hilarious to see D-list celebrities make jackasses out of themselves. :lol: :lol:

RhodeyYankee2638
01-18-06, 06:57 PM
Speaking of celebrity "reality shows", tonight is the premiere of Skating with Celebrities.

I know it will be awful, but it will be hilarious to see D-list celebrities make jackasses out of themselves. :lol: :lol:

Um, Dave Coulier is on it. So you can take your "D List" comment and put it betwixt your buttocks

NYYBombshell
01-18-06, 07:25 PM

I might watch it just to see if anyone falls on their face and breaks something. That's the only real reason I'd watch; to see the carnage unfold.

yanksrule69
01-19-06, 08:10 AM
My wife was watchng that "wife-swap" show. I saw this lady completely wig out over something she thought was evil. I laughed my ass of for like 20 minutes.

She's not a Chrissssssssssstian!

krystl
01-19-06, 09:34 AM

Us too. If my stepson and his fiance are here when AI is on, all 6 of us sit and watch and comment/critique. It's more fun that way!

Skating with Celebrities was just ok. I was looking forward to that too (Scott Hamilton used to be one of my favorites).

CoyoteYankee
01-19-06, 10:19 AM
I shot the sheriff
But I did not shoot the deputy

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

I thought that guy was never going to stop!

And that kid who never left his farm was crazy.

yanksrule69
01-19-06, 10:48 AM
I shot the sheriff

Holy crap! I thought the same thing. I was praying someone would stop him. That was awful.

SheffRocks11
01-19-06, 12:18 PM
I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

allybear
01-19-06, 12:25 PM
I missed most of it unfortunately, but I did watch "Skating with Celebrities" last night - I liked it. I like ice skating anyway, and I thought it was fun, along the same lines as "Dancing with the Stars", but with the added attraction that someone might fall!

Chesbro41
01-19-06, 01:56 PM
One of the sets of twins from the Chicago auditions were arrested. I'm not sure if they are the first set or second set...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/19/idol.twins.ap/index.html

CoyoteYankee
01-19-06, 02:04 PM
One of the sets of twins from the Chicago auditions were arrested. I'm not sure if they are the first set or second set...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/19/idol.twins.ap/index.html

I believe that was the first set. Ah well. They probably get ousted in Hollywood anyway.

fredgmuggs
01-19-06, 02:38 PM
Us too. If my stepson and his fiance are here when AI is on, all 6 of us sit and watch and comment/critique. It's more fun that way!

Skating with Celebrities was just ok. I was looking forward to that too (Scott Hamilton used to be one of my favorites).

I know nothing about figure skating and I don't watch American Idol but I do have a Scott Hamilton story for you. On a flight (I think it was from Atlanta to LaGuardia) Scott Hamiton was sitting in front of me (and he's unbelievably tiny). During the flight people kept getting up and introducing themselves to him and he was very friendly and polite. Anyway, he apologized to everyone sitting near him for the inconvinience (no big deal). I never talked to him but I walked away thinking what a good guy he was. It's always nice to hear that someone in the public isn't a jerk.

krystl
01-19-06, 03:09 PM
I know nothing about figure skating and I don't watch American Idol but I do have a Scott Hamilton story for you. On a flight (I think it was from Atlanta to LaGuardia) Scott Hamiton was sitting in front of me (and he's unbelievably tiny). During the flight people kept getting up and introducing themselves to him and he was very friendly and polite. Anyway, he apologized to everyone sitting near him for the inconvinience (no big deal). I never talked to him but I walked away thinking what a good guy he was. It's always nice to hear that someone in the public isn't a jerk.
That is a cool story. I never really heard anything bad about him but he just seems like a genuinely nice person.

krystl
01-19-06, 03:10 PM
I believe that was the first set. Ah well. They probably get ousted in Hollywood anyway.
My husband saw it on the news this morning. He said it was the first set of twins, the bigger guys with the white outfits. I liked them and thought they were better than the second set.

krystl
01-19-06, 03:14 PM
I missed most of it unfortunately, but I did watch "Skating with Celebrities" last night - I liked it. I like ice skating anyway, and I thought it was fun, along the same lines as "Dancing with the Stars", but with the added attraction that someone might fall!
I liked it too, somewhat. I'm not a fan of Bruce Jenner and my jaw almost hit the floor when they said he was 55. As athletic as he is/was, you would think he would look a lot better for his age than he does. I swear I thought he was in his 60's. :eek:

I have to say Jillian Barberie surprised me. I don't like her on that news show she's on, but she was very serious about the skating and her and John Zimmerman looked hot together.

gdn
01-19-06, 03:15 PM
So how many seasons will this show last?

NYYBombshell
01-19-06, 03:15 PM
I have to say Jillian Barberie surprised me. I don't like her on that news show she's on, but she was very serious about the skating and her and John Zimmerman looked hot together.

She was a figure skater growing up in Canada. I remember watching her when she was on Good Day Live and she'd mention it every now and again.

krystl
01-19-06, 03:18 PM
So how many seasons will this show last?
Which one? Idol or the skating one?

gdn
01-19-06, 03:26 PM
Which one? Idol or the skating one?Idle.

YankeeClemens22
01-19-06, 03:50 PM
My husband saw it on the news this morning. He said it was the first set of twins, the bigger guys with the white outfits. I liked them and thought they were better than the second set.

Here they are.... http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0119061idol1.html

krystl
01-19-06, 04:13 PM
Idle.
I believe American Idol is contracted for another 5 seasons. Not 100% sure though (I think I read that was what Simon Cowell's contract was for).

gdn
01-19-06, 04:36 PM
I believe American Idol is contracted for another 5 seasons. Not 100% sure though (I think I read that was what Simon Cowell's contract was for).Aah, ok :) I wonder if the craze will last that long, though...

smr15
01-19-06, 04:41 PM
That is a cool story. I never really heard anything bad about him but he just seems like a genuinely nice person.
I also met Scott Hamilton at a Broadway show (... just which one it was escapes me now). He is quite diminutive, fersure.
Extremely polite, nice person. Friendly and courteous to everyone who recognized him, and would just want to say hello. He was buying a CD to the show, and just waiting on line to be helped, and didn't seem rattled by people saying things like "Hey, Scott !" or " Oh ! It's ... It's... it's YOU."
:)
Definitely seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

ChocolateGirl
01-20-06, 12:21 AM
How many contestants are allowed onto the show to compete for the Final 12 spots? And how do they narrow the choices down to 12 finalists?

ChocolateGirl
01-20-06, 12:23 AM
I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

And I shot the sheriff

:roflmao: :roflmao:

ChocolateGirl
01-20-06, 12:25 AM
I can't believe they let that guy who thinks he talks to animals go through to the next round.

That was a crazy decision and the judges should be embarrased for not staying consistant. :o

SubwayFanatic
01-20-06, 12:28 AM
Aah, ok :) I wonder if the craze will last that long, though...

At first I never thought it would last. But I would not be shocked at all if they lasted another five years.

Heck, they are cranking out a new "Survivor" left and right and a ton of people still watch that show.

yeahimweird
01-20-06, 12:45 AM

The satellite up here was all weird last night so I missed about half the show, but I did get to see this performance. I was surprised by how good they were together.

krystl
01-20-06, 08:13 AM
How many contestants are allowed onto the show to compete for the Final 12 spots? And how do they narrow the choices down to 12 finalists?
I don't know the exact number, but they do bring a lot of people to Hollywood. What they do after they have picked everyone from the auditions, is seperate them into groups and they have to work on learning songs together. Then they perform as a group with some solo singing. After that, they are lined up and told who is staying and who is going home.

At one point they divide them into groups in different rooms and whole rooms are either told they are staying or going. Maybe I have the order of the process mixed up.

CoyoteYankee
01-20-06, 04:02 PM
That was a crazy decision and the judges should be embarrased for not staying consistant. :o

I don't know what Randy was thinking but I think Paula said "yes" just to piss off Simon.

ChocolateGirl
01-21-06, 01:59 AM
I don't know the exact number, but they do bring a lot of people to Hollywood. What they do after they have picked everyone from the auditions, is seperate them into groups and they have to work on learning songs together. Then they perform as a group with some solo singing. After that, they are lined up and told who is staying and who is going home.

At one point they divide them into groups in different rooms and whole rooms are either told they are staying or going. Maybe I have the order of the process mixed up.

You are right so far. :) But I forgot how many people are chosen for the show before it gets down to the final 12.

Luvtino
01-24-06, 10:12 PM
I still like the show. It's entertaining. :)

krystl
01-25-06, 08:30 AM
Was that Rhonetta girl's rant at the end of the show worthy of the big hype they made leading up to it? I thought it sounded scripted and was dumb. Not at all funny. At least that "Like a Virgin" guy and William Hung were somewhat entertaining.

I thought the little mousy girl with the pink cowboy hat was more entertaining than that Rhonetta character.

yanksrule69
01-25-06, 08:42 AM
They made it like she was going to lose it in the room directly to Paula. That would have been much better. Paula didn't even say anything about her voice. All she did was ask her if she wanted water and replied "No" when asked.

I watched it for probably 2 hours last week and I think I caught most of last night's episode and it is already boring to me. I can't imagine watching season after season or even whole season. Them showing the montage of Simon saying, "I'm not being rude, but..." showed how repetitive it is.

CoyoteYankee
01-25-06, 09:01 AM
Was that Rhonetta girl's rant at the end of the show worthy of the big hype they made leading up to it? I thought it sounded scripted and was dumb. Not at all funny. At least that "Like a Virgin" guy and William Hung were somewhat entertaining.

I thought the little mousy girl with the pink cowboy hat was more entertaining than that Rhonetta character.

That was a HUGE let down. She wasn't even very interesting. There have been better people in the competition to hype up like tan girl from last week. Maybe this week was just full of boring people so they are making crap up. This show wasn't nearly as good as last week but I still like the show.

krystl
01-25-06, 09:08 AM
Yeah, clueless tan girl was pretty funny!

JeterRodriguezSheff
01-25-06, 10:20 AM
Dont forget that military dude who danced with Paula, and his wife didnt care at all. And that other guy who looked like the Incredible Hulk's wife. Oh that guy who had Randy's DVD which totally made Simon's day.

I still cant believe they let that crazy Dave guy get in. That is going to be a disaster when they get to the Hollywood part. Lets face it this show is all about ratings. Up to now I have liked it, but they are going too far. That crazy girl at the end sucked. They made it seem like she was going to fight with Paula in the audition room. They are running out of ideas.

JfromJersey
01-25-06, 12:45 PM
Until they get to the next round (Hollywood) and beyond, when people with actual talent get to perform, AI is not even worth watching. Now, they concentrate more on the obvious freaks and geeks, or the William Hung wannabes. At least 50% of these people know they are there to provide comic relief. The rest are clinically delusional.

krystl
01-25-06, 01:54 PM
Dont forget that military dude who danced with Paula, and his wife didnt care at all. And that other guy who looked like the Incredible Hulk's wife. Oh that guy who had Randy's DVD which totally made Simon's day.

I still cant believe they let that crazy Dave guy get in. That is going to be a disaster when they get to the Hollywood part. Lets face it this show is all about ratings. Up to now I have liked it, but they are going too far. That crazy girl at the end sucked. They made it seem like she was going to fight with Paula in the audition room. They are running out of ideas.
I was looking forward to Incredible Hulk's Wife's performance. I'm disappointed they didn't show it. :lol:

CoyoteYankee
01-25-06, 02:49 PM
Until they get to the next round (Hollywood) and beyond, when people with actual talent get to perform, AI is not even worth watching. Now, they concentrate more on the obvious freaks and geeks, or the William Hung wannabes. At least 50% of these people know they are there to provide comic relief. The rest are clinically delusional.

Agreed that a lot people are there just to be silly and those people annoy me but I love to watch the ones that are truly delusional! That is what makes the AI tryouts watchable!

NYYBombshell
01-25-06, 03:07 PM
I just loved Rhonetta, didn't you?

JfromJersey
01-25-06, 05:52 PM
Agreed that a lot people are there just to be silly and those people annoy me but I love to watch the ones that are truly delusional! That is what makes the AI tryouts watchable!

After 4 seasons it must be getting difficult to find truly original weirdos. Now, it seems like how weird they dress or look passes for originality. I feel sorry for some of the normal looking semi-talented, or talented contestants who blew their golden opportunity because of nerves. Those are the ones who are a bit delusional. The freaks just want their brief moments of TV fame, or maybe have the delusion that they can parlay that into a Hung-like joke of a show biz career.

yeahimweird
01-25-06, 06:50 PM

I saw her mugshots and she's wearing the same exact wig she did on AI. :eek:

DaBomber25
01-25-06, 08:29 PM
Unfortunately I caught the last 10+ minutes or so. Ya know, the part where Simon was "upset". Could this be any more scripted? How convenient for them that Simon stormed out when there was ONE person left to audition.

JDPNYY
01-25-06, 08:32 PM
I think the guy is gonna win.

SheffRocks11
01-25-06, 08:33 PM

Psycho...

NYYBombshell
01-25-06, 08:45 PM
Psycho...

I loved the part where she got offended that Paula offered her some of her water.

SubwayFanatic
01-25-06, 08:58 PM
Unfortunately I caught the last 10+ minutes or so. Ya know, the part where Simon was "upset". Could this be any more scripted? How convenient for them that Simon stormed out when there was ONE person left to audition.

Simon did seem genuinely pissed, but I find it a bit convenient, as you said, that he storms off with one person left.

SheffRocks11
01-25-06, 09:20 PM
I loved the part where she got offended that Paula offered her some of her water.

She tried to give me some of her bubbly water.

DaBomber25
01-25-06, 09:54 PM
Simon did seem genuinely pissed, but I find it a bit convenient, as you said, that he storms off with one person left.

It just seemed odd that he went out of his way to disagree with them on every audition. Especially when he liked soom poor ones and disliked some great ones.

SubwayFanatic
01-25-06, 09:59 PM
It just seemed odd that he went out of his way to disagree with them on every audition. Especially when he liked soom poor oned and disliked some great ones.

Yeah, it is tough to tell what is real and what is played up for TV.

DontHateOnNumber2
01-26-06, 08:32 AM
My father watches this, my mother living in CT watches this, my girlfriend watches this....it's always the same. I cannot understand what the hell is the fascination with watching others show off their singing talents or getting berated by some dude for singing atrociously. On TV at least, in person it's a different story.

JeterRodriguezSheff
01-26-06, 10:42 AM
I loved how she was dressed like a 10 cent whore.

Dressed like a 10 cent whore who looks like she ate 10 million dollars worth of food

JfromJersey
01-26-06, 12:59 PM
The guys have not impressed me so far. A few of the girls look like early contenders. The cute blond who lives with her grandpa, the girl (Paris?) whose aunt is a well known gospel singer, and the girl whose mom is a voice coach, are all excellent and should go far in the competition.

SheffRocks11
01-26-06, 09:29 PM
and the girl whose mom is a voice coach

She was AMAZING!

krystl
01-27-06, 08:34 AM
She was AMAZING!
Yeah, for once a voice coach that paid off! ;)

Some of the people who say they have voice coaches or take voice lessons really need to stop wasting their money! :P

ChocolateGirl
02-03-06, 02:04 AM
I loved how she was dressed like a 10 cent whore.

Although she looked disgusting in that outfit, I happened to like the boots that she was wearing. I mean these contestants must be embarrassed after the show airs. It is really evident that they are going on the show for exposure. :o

The guys have not impressed me so far. A few of the girls look like early contenders. The cute blond who lives with her grandpa, the girl (Paris?) whose aunt is a well known gospel singer, and the girl whose mom is a voice coach, are all excellent and should go far in the competition.

I don't know if there will ever be another guy winner. :uhh:

Barb51850
02-03-06, 09:41 AM
Regarding the most recent show -

I liked the girl Mecca (the belly dancer), and the guy who makes his living as an embalmer. When asked what he was going to sing, he said "You Raise Me Up" - how appropriate :) Anyway, he had a beautiful voice.

How about the girl who sang "O Holy Night", badly? Then she started to sing "Silent Night" and Simon said "Please, no more carols!" That was funny

Luvtino
02-09-06, 11:10 PM
I watched last night as they are now in Hollywood. Not a minute too soon. :D

I see a few early faves...Katherine, Paris, the young African American girl who sang Whitney Houson in her audition, the rock star type guy Chris, etc. I also dig the guy who sang Josh Groban in his audition and the guy who is prematurely gray. There was also another rocker type guy who had the "idol" look and could sing. The little comboy probably irks some people but he touches my heart as he is so innocent. :o

What is the deal with the big mouth twins?! :eek: I thought they got in toruble with the law?! Was the case dropped or was this show recorded before they got in trouble?!

Barb51850
02-10-06, 08:03 AM

I see a few early faves...Katherine, Paris, the young African American girl who sang Whitney Houson in her audition, the rock star type guy Chris, etc. I also dig the guy who sang Josh Groban in his audition and the guy who is prematurely gray. There was also another rocker type guy who had the "idol" look and could sing. The little comboy probably irks some people but he touches my heart as he is so innocent. :o

What is the deal with the big mouth twins?! :eek: I thought they got in toruble with the law?! Was the case dropped or was this show recorded before they got in trouble?!

I like that little cowboy. It was touching when he reacted to seeing the ocean for the first time. Those twins are extremely annoying. The guy with the grey hair reminds me of Joe Cocker.

RhodeyYankee2638
02-10-06, 08:23 AM
I like that little cowboy. It was touching when he reacted to seeing the ocean for the first time. Those twins are extremely annoying. The guy with the grey hair reminds me of Joe Cocker.

There was an article in my local paper that says the twins get kicked out cause they were signed to sign small record company

krystl
02-10-06, 09:35 AM
As far as I remember, the twins were supposedly out because they were arrested on fraud charges. I was surprised to see them back. Anyway, I liked them in their initial audition, but now I can't stand their attitudes. I don't know if it's both of them, or only one is the loudmouth, but they are already acting like they are starts with big egos.

I love the little cowboy. He is so humble and simple. I don't know how far he'll do, but it'll be interesting to see how he progresses. I hope he doesn't get eaten alive.

CoyoteYankee
02-10-06, 12:20 PM

Those twins need a good bitch slap. I wish they hadn't made it to the next round. They think that because they made it this far that they are the utmost authority on talent...HA!

I love the the little cowboy too. I forget sometimes that there are people that innocent in the world.

Trish
02-10-06, 12:22 PM
Those twins need a good bitch slap. I wish they hadn't made it to the next round. They think that because they made it this far that they are the utmost authority on talent...HA!

I love the the little cowboy too. I forget sometimes that there are people that innocent in the world.
Those twins need to STFU.

smr15
02-11-06, 03:50 PM
I hope there's a "twin killing" (so to speak) this week coming.

I think they both need to go home and stop acting like prima donnas.

Yankeees
02-11-06, 04:15 PM
Which Twins? The twins from Boston?

NYYBombshell
02-11-06, 04:42 PM
Which Twins? The twins from Boston?

I think the twins where one of them was arrested for car theft (I think that's what it was).

SheffRocks11
02-11-06, 07:03 PM

I like the cowboy as well, but I was surprised he made it on to the next round. His performance in hollywood wasn't so great...

krystl
02-11-06, 10:01 PM
I like the cowboy as well, but I was surprised he made it on to the next round. His performance in hollywood wasn't so great...
I kinda think the judges are giving him a little bit of time so he can enjoy all this. I seriously doubt he will go much further, but he's one who really appreciates the whole opportunity and will be happy just to have come this far.

krystl
02-11-06, 10:08 PM
I think the twins where one of them was arrested for car theft (I think that's what it was).
I think there was more to it, something like identity theft as well. I can't believe they are back on the show.

krystl
02-11-06, 10:11 PM
Those twins need to STFU.
:lol: You like that saying lately don't you?

SheffRocks11
02-12-06, 11:36 AM
I think there was more to it, something like identity theft as well. I can't believe they are back on the show.

I like there voices, but I liked when they sang together more.

Maybe they should have an American Idol where they sing in pairs. I think that would be pretty cool.

gdn
02-12-06, 11:38 AM
:lol: You like that saying lately don't you?It's her new favorite word, just like mine is GILF :p

:lol:

Trish
02-12-06, 12:36 PM
:lol: You like that saying lately don't you?

It pretty much sums things up perfectly :lol:

It's her new favorite word, just like mine is GILF :p

:lol:

Steve is a dead man.

gdn
02-12-06, 12:46 PM
It pretty much sums things up perfectly :lol:

Steve is a dead man.I'm not Steve.

Trish
02-12-06, 12:51 PM
I'm not Steve.
He coined the phrase, the bastard...:lol:

gdn
02-12-06, 12:58 PM
He coined the phrase, the bastard...:lol:Don't blame him. It was bound to happen.

Luvtino
02-14-06, 11:36 PM
Did anyone watch last night?! I taped it and just watched it. The twins are still out of control. They can't go home soon enough. :o

I have a few faves. There is some vg talent this season. We should see more of it tonight when they pick the top 24. Still pulling for the rocker guy, Josh Groban guy, teen that sang in the Frank Sinatra group, and the gray haired guy. I heart him. :)

Still love little Paris, the big woman that Simon insulted :(, the teen that sang Whitney Houston early on, the woman whose mom was a teacher, and a few others. :cool:

I felt bad for the little cowboy. I wasn't under the impression that tey were trying to be funny or taking the situation lightly. Did I miss something?! :(

krystl
02-14-06, 11:45 PM
Re the cowboys, I just think that was a totally wrong song for them. I think the group round is where they are given a song they have to memorize, IIRC. But if that's true, the crooners got an appropriate song, why didn't the cowboys. I felt bad for them at the end.

The twins...they were definitely not amusing Simon. I don't know what's going to happen when eventually they get slpit up and one has to go home.

I can't choose a fave yet, but many of the ones you mentioned Larissa, I like too.

Luvtino
02-14-06, 11:55 PM
The crooners were excellent. The were so professional, so cute and so mature. I was even more impressive as I saw some of them were only 16 and 17. Amazing composure and talent.

That was a bad song for the cowboys. They couldn't have been nicer guys.

krystl
02-15-06, 12:01 AM
I loved the crooners too. :)
All of them were so much more personable than that red haired boy from a few seasons ago (2?)

RhodeyYankee2638
02-15-06, 07:51 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10923818/

effdamets
02-15-06, 07:56 AM
OK. I watched it last night too. As most nights that it is on. Actually, I'm forced to do so. My wife and two daughters love the show and want to watch it on the big TV. (it's my way of controlling the TV for the baseball season by letting them watch whatever they want during the off-season, although, my kids are the first ones to turn on YES to watch the games)

Anyway, I thought the one twin quitting because "his spirit was broken" was priceless... I'm surprised they let him back into the competition. He's not a very good singer anyway. Stupid head!

Why wouldn't you talk to your brother first, before making a complete a$$ of yourself in front of millions of people. Dopey!

Oh, and Randy with the "sorry guy, it the end of the road" is becoming my new "You're Fired".... Love that!

YankeeClemens22
02-15-06, 08:46 AM

Hollywood week was taped before that happened. I have heard that they either don't make the top 24, or if they do, they were dropped by the producers after the incident occured.

krystl
02-15-06, 01:29 PM
Hollywood week was taped before that happened. I have heard that they either don't make the top 24, or if they do, they were dropped by the producers after the incident occured.
Oh ok, thanks. I was thinking with their attitudes they wouldn't last long anyway.
I am surprised they were allowed back on the show after their assinine behavior anyway, but I think people are going to tire of them real quick.

krystl
02-15-06, 01:30 PM
Anyway, I thought the one twin quitting because "his spirit was broken" was priceless... I'm surprised they let him back into the competition. He's not a very good singer anyway. Stupid head!
Stupid head! :roflmao:

fredgmuggs
02-15-06, 01:59 PM
I watched American Idol for the first time last night and my thoughts are that while many of these people have nice voices... if it wasn't for American Idol, the closest thing to fame most of them would ever experience would be singing Evergreen at their cousin's wedding.

YankeeClemens22
02-15-06, 02:06 PM
Oh ok, thanks. I was thinking with their attitudes they wouldn't last long anyway.
I am surprised they were allowed back on the show after their assinine behavior anyway, but I think people are going to tire of them real quick.

I was pretty surprised that they were let back in too, especially after Simon had very quickly said "Fine. Goodbye." when he was making his statement about not needing American Idol.

I definately think that Simon was not about to tolerate someone using the show for publicity, just to make a scene in order to advance their own career by allowing him to go own. He almost certainly had the "we don't need you, you need us" attitude, which is why I was so shocked that they let the two back in.

My guess is that it came down to any combination of the following:
1) The judges knew that these guys make for a good story and would create buzz when the show airs. Drama like this increases viewership.

2) The producers said the same thing, and told the judges.

3) The judges decided the twins would not make the top 24 anyway.

krystl
02-15-06, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it probably was all 3 things.

ChocolateGirl
02-15-06, 02:29 PM
Why wouldn't you talk to your brother first, before making a complete a$$ of yourself in front of millions of people. Dopey!

I was thinking the same exact thing. :uhh: That was a totally stupid move. :confused: Their arrogance will only take them but so far. They are not humble by this experience one bit and America would not warm up to them for that. :o

The guy with the gray hair, man I dunno what to think of him. Why does he want to look like a 60 year old at such a young age? :confused:

Luvtino
02-15-06, 02:41 PM
The twins just shoot off their mouths and as questions later. I can only imagine their antics tonight as I can't see any way they make the finals. :o

My guess is the gray haired guy is just trying to be true to who he is. I also suspect he is very self confident. I love his voice. It will be interesting to see if he makes it to the finals. Based on voicce, performance, etc. he should. :)

Trish
02-15-06, 02:47 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing. :uhh: That was a totally stupid move. :confused: Their arrogance will only take them but so far. They are not humble by this experience one bit and America would not warm up to them for that. :o

The guy with the gray hair, man I dunno what to think of him. Why does he want to look like a 60 year old at such a young age? :confused:
It's not a matter of wanting to look like a 60 year old. He's been gray since he's a teenager. Kudos to him for being comfortable enough with himself.

ChocolateGirl
02-15-06, 03:22 PM
It's not a matter of wanting to look like a 60 year old. He's been gray since he's a teenager. Kudos to him for being comfortable enough with himself.

Yeah, yeah, yeah he is himself and that is what the judges obviously love about him. He is a decent singer (not the best) and he will definately stand out in the competition with his gray hair. But I still don't understand it and I'm not the only one who feels that way (eg: the judges). He surely doesn't look like he is 29. The younger audiences make up a huge demographic of American Idol and I'm not sure if he could appeal to the younger audiences with that look.

ChocolateGirl
02-15-06, 03:24 PM
My guess is the gray haired guy is just trying to be true to who he is. I also suspect he is very self confident. I love his voice. It will be interesting to see if he makes it to the finals. Based on voicce, performance, etc. he should. :)

Well he is a interesting self confident character indeed. :uhh: It will be fun though to see how far he will go into this competition.

Trish
02-15-06, 03:28 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah he is himself and that is what the judges obviously love about him. He is a decent singer (not the best) and he will definately stand out in the competition with his gray hair. But I still don't understand it and I'm not the only one who feels that way (eg: the judges). He surely doesn't look like he is 29. The younger audiences make up a huge demographic of American Idol and I'm not sure if he could appeal to the younger audiences with that look.
What's not to understand though? He looks the way he looks...

Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only two of the 5 American Idols that are what most people would consider the norm.

Luvtino
02-15-06, 03:41 PM
I like him. He does look old for his age, but I like that he likes who he is and doesn't try to change it. That could be a nice message for all the kids who watch the show.

Luvtino
02-15-06, 03:43 PM
Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only two of the 5 American Idols that are what most people would consider the norm.

Very true. They were both deserving winners. I was also happy to see that in other competitions the American public looked past the "ideal" and deemed the winner the best singer not the prettiest, cutest, etc.

krystl
02-15-06, 05:40 PM
I like him. He does look old for his age, but I like that he likes who he is and doesn't try to change it. That could be a nice message for all the kids who watch the show.
I wonder if he makes it to the top 12, if Simon will tell him to dye his hair. The Simon earlier seasons definitely would have, as he told people they needed to fix their hair, their clothes, or lose weight.
Last year though, I don't remember him saying much to people about image as much.

ChocolateGirl
02-15-06, 08:12 PM
Well this gray hair guy will definately have many fans regardless, but I don't have to be one of them. He is just not my cup of tea. But I could certainly see him having his own Rhythm and Blues album if he makes the final 12. BTW, He reminds me of a white Ray Charles. :)

I think 2 Crooners had made it through tonight. It will be interesting to see how long they will last in the competition versus they guys who sings more contemporary music/songs.

yeahimweird
02-15-06, 08:34 PM
A guy should win this year.

Trish
02-15-06, 08:37 PM
A guy should win this year.
I have a Mrs. Robinson crush on that young guy... I forget his name...

William something. What a cutie pie!

NYYBombshell
02-15-06, 08:41 PM

Naughty Trish. ;)

yeahimweird
02-15-06, 09:58 PM

William Makar, the Fred Savage look-a-like. :lol: ;)

keg411
02-15-06, 09:58 PM

William Makar. The one that kind of looks like a weird combination of Adam Brody and Fred Savage. He's adorable. (ETA: Just saw that this was answered. Hee!)

I hope a guy wins this year. They're so much more likeable than the girls. William, Elliot, Chris... and at least Ace is more attractive than Mario was last year.

Carrie was the only truly "pretty" girl who won. Kelly was considered pretty "plain" the first season next to Nikki and Tamyra. Ruben and Fantasia were good and talented, but unconventional. And with that, I just showed that I have watched waaaay too many seasons of this show. I swear it just keeps dragging me back in every season, no matter how hard I try to avoid it....

krystl
02-15-06, 10:16 PM

I like the other "young" crooner...can't think of his name, but he reminds me of a young Harry Connick.
I also like Ace :ga-ga:
My husband thinks he looks like Constantine. I told him he doesn't know what he's talking about. Corny was gross.

Luvtino
02-15-06, 10:41 PM
I like the other "young" crooner...can't think of his name, but he reminds me of a young Harry Connick.
My husband thinks he looks like Constantine. I told him he doesn't know what he's talking about. Corny was gross.

He's a cutie. It will be interesting to see how he does with other types of music. :)

He doesn't look like Corny, but their styles are the same. He will be a big hit with the ladies. :lol:

Luvtino
02-15-06, 10:42 PM
I like a few of the girls and a few of the guys. I was also happy to see that they picked a variety of different types and talents. :)

Luvtino
02-15-06, 10:43 PM

George has some competition. :o Great voice. The crooners were impressive. Only one of them was cut.

krystl
02-15-06, 10:52 PM
For the girls, I like a lot of them, it's going to be tough to choose.
I like Kelly Pickler, Paris and that girl whose mom is the voice teacher. I also like the other girl who Randy said he didn't realize was so tall (she has a little mickey mouse voice when she talks, but sings beautifully). I don't know all their names yet. There's also a girl from Dobbs Ferry, a Westchester girl. She's very attractive but I'mnot sure how her voice is yet.

I don't like that girl with the big mouth (Brenna?) She reminds me of a more obnoxious Mikaela (and I liked her for awhile).

I think there's a lot of good talent and it's going to be tougher to narrow down this year, IMO.

yeahimweird
02-15-06, 11:53 PM

David Radford a.k.a. Jailbait Sinatra. He's cute and talented. People are saying he's like that red-headed kid from a couple years ago. The only thing is this kid isn't annoying and he's pleasant to look at. ;)

Ace is totally hot. RAWR. His hair is sexy. :ga-ga:

Seriously, I don't hate any of these guys. The winner should definitely be a guy. I mean, the girls looked good early, but the guys are much better now.

krystl
02-16-06, 08:56 AM
David is a MUCH better singer and better looking than the red haired boy! :D

DontHateOnNumber2
02-16-06, 10:03 AM
Ugh, American Idol? My spirit is broken.....so I'll go forge some signatures for a car! j/k I saw it last night with Kristy and really liked the voice of one guy that reminded me of Brandon Boyd from Incubus in terms of features (mainly the hair). Really pleasant voice.

DontHateOnNumber2
02-16-06, 10:06 AM
This is the guy. Ace Young.

DontHateOnNumber2
02-16-06, 10:07 AM
How about that guy Gedeon? He seemed a bit overly-over confident to me. He has the talent to back it up, but people like that irritate me.

ChocolateGirl
02-16-06, 12:53 PM
I hope a guy wins this year. They're so much more likeable than the girls. William, Elliot, Chris... and at least Ace is more attractive than Mario was last year.

Well we'll see how America votes this year. But I disagree with you, Mario is a cutie pie. :ga-ga: No one knows why he left the show suddenly. I am starting to wonder if he had a rap sheet like the twins did. :uhh:

I don't like that girl with the big mouth (Brenna?) She reminds me of a more obnoxious Mikaela (and I liked her for awhile).

I know what you mean. I think Jennifer Hudson's confidence sent her home early in Season 3 making people not warm up to her. But if Brenna calms down a little and don't appear to be too overlyconfident, maybe your feelings and my feelings for her might change. There is nothing wrong with being confident, because you need to be in order to succeed. But she comes across as too strong. It could be a good thing or a bad thing. Fans love quiet confidence and humbleness (Eg: Derek Jeter). But let's face it, how many cocky people do we have in the music industry? Kanye West is one that comes to my mind. :o

krystl
02-16-06, 01:15 PM
This is the guy. Ace Young.
:ga-ga: He is so awesome on the eyes! :)

krystl
02-16-06, 01:17 PM
I know what you mean. I think Jennifer Hudson's confidence sent her home early in Season 3 making people not warm up to her. But if Brenna calms down a little and don't appear to be too overlyconfident, maybe your feelings and my feelings for her might change. There is nothing wrong with being confident, because you need to be in order to succeed. But she comes across as too strong. It could be a good thing or a bad thing. Fans love quiet confidence and humbleness (Eg: Derek Jeter). But let's face it, how many cocky people do we have in the music industry? Kanye West is one that comes to my mind. :o
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. If her voice is great enough to overcome the ego, I might feel differently down the road. I actually kind of liked Jennifer Hudson. Mostly because Simon gave her a hard time a lot and I felt bad. I don't think she was as big a mouth as some of the others.

*edit...I just noticed Brenna is from Mount Vernon, NY...about 25 minutes from where I live. I may have to support a fellow Wetchesterite if she behaves herself! Becky O'Donahue is also from Westchester. How funny is that?

krystl
02-16-06, 01:20 PM
How about how Mandisa? She was so calm and cool the way she took Simon down a few pegs. I like her. Simon even admitted he felt really small after that and he apologized to her and gave her a hug.

ChocolateGirl
02-16-06, 02:31 PM
How about how Mandisa? She was so calm and cool the way she took Simon down a few pegs. I like her. Simon even admitted he felt really small after that and he apologized to her and gave her a hug.

Simon felt like a peanut after she said what she said. :) That was probably THE BEST SIMON PUT DOWN EVER. :D Maybe the contestants should follow her lead and treat him with kindness instead of stooping down to his level all of the time. He likes people to go tic for tat with him and take the bait (Eg: Paula Abdul). But when they don't, it makes Simon look like a complete A$$wipe. :lol: Then he has no choice but to apologize and give a hug.

krystl
02-16-06, 06:50 PM
Simon felt like a peanut after she said what she said. :) That was probably THE BEST SIMON PUT DOWN EVER. :D Maybe the contestants should follow her lead and treat him with kindness instead of stooping down to his level all of the time. He likes people to go tic for tat with him and take the bait (Eg: Paula Abdul). But when they don't, it makes Simon look like a complete A$$wipe. :lol: Then he has no choice but to apologize and give a hug.
Well, I think it also has to do with the fact that his comment was hurtful because of her weight, so it wasn't just a rude criticism of her singing. It was a mean thing to say (I think we need a bigger stage) and she spoke to him like a lady instead of an egomaniacal idiot like most do.

GimeMoMuny
02-21-06, 09:00 PM
The last girl... She'll probably win. Maybe that Ace guy has a shot.

ChocolateGirl
02-21-06, 09:04 PM
Most of the performances tonight were boring IMO. They did not wow me too much. I like the 2 young 17 year olds Paris Bennett and Linda Tuckerr. I also liked Nikkah and the last girl who sung tonight. I think these 4 will make it to the final 12.

smr15
02-21-06, 09:10 PM
Am I the only one who was NOT smitten with Paris' performance? It looked TOO staged... all that bopping.

I wasn't blown away by it. I liked other performances better.

Luvtino
02-22-06, 12:42 AM
I agree Sue. Paris is adorable and she has a great voice, but that wasn't my favorite performance of hers either. She looked too old for her age and all that bopping took away from her voice.

Katherine was my fave last night. She is actually my overall fave amongst the woman. I also thought Lisa was great last night. They were the two that stood out most for me.

Stevie was awful. Brenna was only slightly better. She is the only one who I don't like on a personal level. I also thought Becky was pretty bad. And Heather is another one who could be on the outside looking in.

Hard not to cheer for Kellie but her nerves may be her undoing before it's all said and done. She could still end up getting fairly far as she is sweet and has gotten a lot of screen time. Melissa who did a vg job last night has barely been seen throughout the auditions and that could really hurt her.

Mandisa held her own. She is so sweet. Ayla is a nice girl and sang pretty well, but she bores me a bit. That said she should be safe this week. Kinnik should be as well. She was better than most and handles herself with class.

Hitman23
02-22-06, 08:14 AM
I hope that really hot blond redneck wins. :D

krystl
02-22-06, 08:38 AM
I hope that really hot blond redneck wins. :D
Kelly Pickler. I really like her, but I think she's to country and I don't think another Carrie Underwood is what the public is looking for. She's very sweet though.

For me, it's a toss-up between Paris and Katherine. I agree Paris bounced around too much last night, but she has some real stage presence which others are lacking.

The one I can't stomach is Brenna. She's just a little too obnoxious for me, but Simon is eating it up I think.

NYYfan24
02-22-06, 09:50 AM
The last girl... She'll probably win. Maybe that Ace guy has a shot.

That's Katharine MacPhee...I picked her back a couple of weeks ago when she sang "I'll never love this way again".
She's amazing....but a bit mouthy....which may work against her.

krystl
02-22-06, 09:53 AM
That's Katharine MacPhee...I picked her back a couple of weeks ago when she sang "I'll never love this way again".
She's amazing....but a bit mouthy....which may work against her.
I love her voice and she is bubbly which is appealig, but am I the only one who thinks she is a little wooden on stage?All the judges love her and they either haven't noticed or I'm imagining things! :lol:

Hitman23
02-22-06, 10:00 AM
Kelly Pickler. I really like her, but I think she's to country and I don't think another Carrie Underwood is what the public is looking for. She's very sweet though.yeah that's the one. I watched the first few episodes, for the comedy factor alone. But this girl stood out. She is really good, and she's frikking hot.

Doesn't matter how it goes on AI though. She'll get her opportunity just due to the exposure she already has.

krystl
02-22-06, 10:02 AM
yeah that's the one. I watched the first few episodes, for the comedy factor alone. But this girl stood out. She is really good, and she's frikking hot.

Doesn't matter how it goes on AI though. She'll get her opportunity just due to the exposure she already has.
Yeah, I think so too. She's a nice southern girl who takes care of her grandpa. Her dad is in jail and her mom left her. It's a good story and she seemed to have turned out very well. I'm definitely pulling for her. I hope she can calm her nerves a little but I don't think it hurts her performace as bad as some others.
I think she will also get a lot of votes from other females because she is non-threatening.

YankyDave
02-22-06, 10:15 AM
Ayla Brown really surprised me with how well she did. Lisa Tucker and Melissa Mcghee were the best. Kelly Pickler is just too cute not to go on. I like Paris' performance but I think the judges were too kind. She didn't hit the low notes that well but they didn't mention that.

When Becky O'Donahue gets eliminated I would like to see her in a sexy magazine spread. She is so hot, except when she sings.

krystl
02-22-06, 10:35 AM
Ayla Brown really surprised me with how well she did. Lisa Tucker and Melissa Mcghee were the best. Kelly Pickler is just too cute not to go on. I like Paris' performance but I think the judges were too kind. She didn't hit the low notes that well but they didn't mention that.

When Becky O'Donahue gets eliminated I would like to see her in a sexy magazine spread. She is so hot, except when she sings.
I think some of Paris' singing went unnoticed because she is quite a perfomer (although I thought she bopped around too much).
Some famous singers could sing Blah, blah, blah and the fans wouldn't care because of their stage presence.

krystl
02-22-06, 10:40 AM
Just a note about Ayla Brown. That girl can't lose no matter what happens.
If she stays on AI, she gets lots of public exposure and possibly a recording contract and if not, she has a nice basketball scholarship waiting for her at BU I think it was?
Not bad.

gdn
02-22-06, 08:59 PM
I haven't read through this thread, but I really, really, like Taylor Hicks. I hope he makes it through. He's got an amazing voice.

Sam18
02-22-06, 09:09 PM
:lol: @ Gideon being made fun of. It reminded me of Te.

Barb51850
02-22-06, 09:10 PM
I just watched the show featuring the guys.

Ace Young (who sang "Father Figure") is so HOT!! Beautiful voice, beautiful eyes, great body.... :drool: :ga-ga:

Luvtino
02-22-06, 09:11 PM
Chris was awesome. He's one of my early faves as is Taylor who was also vg. I am glad Simon admitted he made a mistake in doubting that he shouldn't have made it to the finals. Very cool. I dig Elliot. Nice guy with a great voice. These three stood out most to me last night.

I also like Ace and the two young teens. No doubt Ace will be safe. I hope these two are as well.

Overall the men were vg. I didn't think Patrick was as bad as they did, but as he has barely been seen throughout the early stages he could be gone tomorrow night. The crooner wasn't vg tonight, but he's cute and young so he will probably be safe. Bobby is so funny and such a sweetie. Bad song choice and no screen time may add up to an early exit. Bucky is another one that might not have a huge fan following, but he could capture the country crowd.

Gideon was pretty cocky during the episode where they find out if they made it to the finals or not so it will be interesting to see if that hurts him. Sway has a nice voice although I didn't really like his song. The pimp comment was funny. I can't see him going him this early in the competition.

Talented group this season. It should be a good one.

JeterRodriguezSheff
02-22-06, 09:21 PM
Wow I just watched that after not watching the last few rounds and I got to say that Hicks guy is amazing imo. I also like the bald guy who did dead or alive.

JfromJersey
02-22-06, 10:39 PM
I just watched the show featuring the guys.

Ace Young (who sang "Father Figure") is so HOT!! Beautiful voice, beautiful eyes, great body.... :drool: :ga-ga:

Whether he wins or not, he just LOOKS like an American Idol.

krystl
02-22-06, 11:06 PM
I thought Simon's comment to Gedeon about his smile was lame. C'mon, critique the guys singing or dancing skills, but his smile? I felt bad for the guy after that.

Anyway, I like quite a few if the guys, but Ace and Taylor are in the top 2 for me. I also really like David (young crooner who did Crazy Little Thing Called Love). I didn't think it was as foolish as Randy made it sound.
Loved the Wanted Dead or Alive song.
Bobby is just out of his league here. I think he and maybe Bucky will be the first 2 to go home.
For the girls, I think it'll be Heather and Becky or the opera girl.

yeahimweird
02-22-06, 11:17 PM
Ace Young makes me feel 13. He's just...yes. :ga-ga:

I thought Elliot and Chris were pretty good, too.

keg411
02-22-06, 11:26 PM
Ace Young (who sang "Father Figure") is so HOT!! Beautiful voice, beautiful eyes, great body....

So.Much.Word. I hate that I get sucked into this show every year, but he brought the HOT! :ga-ga: :ga-ga:

Also liked Eliott and Taylor... and Chris for bringing the Bon Jovi (though his vibrato is a little much).

rock
02-22-06, 11:53 PM

O'Donahue has already done Maxim with her twin. Apparently they were already on Fear Factor.

http://www.maximonline.com/todays_girl/index.aspx?id=1887

ritaylnil
02-23-06, 06:47 AM
Ace Young makes me feel 13. He's just...yes. :ga-ga:

Not one other contestant could have gotten away with singing that song! It is an extremely sexy song. I mean, really, who else of the guys could have gotten away with "I'll be your daddy...." ??? Maybe Chris, but no one else.

I also love Taylor. He has a great spirit.

yeahimweird
02-23-06, 09:07 AM
Not one other contestant could have gotten away with singing that song! It is an extremely sexy song. I mean, really, who else of the guys could have gotten away with "I'll be your daddy...." ??? Maybe Chris, but no one else.

I also love Taylor. He has a great spirit.

I don't think anyone could have gotten away with it either. It would be way too weird for the 16 year olds to sing it, for sure. Talk about awkward. :lol:

gdn
02-23-06, 09:14 AM

I also love Taylor. He has a great spirit.Yeah, but Ace is so cheesy... Not only that, he didn't sing the song that well either.

Taylor on the other hand, I love his style and his enthusiasm and joy.

YankyDave
02-23-06, 09:23 AM
Where to begin.....

For the most part I thought the night went off like a bad karoake show. I wasn't that happy even with the good singers.

Best vocals were Ace, Elliott and Taylor. Ace was better than I thought he'd be. Ellliott has a great voice but the grill is jacked and needs some serious work in order for him to be a star unless he wants to be the Steve Buscemi of the recording world.

Bucky needs to stick with country. Bobby is a joke and really so is Kevin even though they can sing. The show is called American Idol, not American back up singer. I agree with Keg that Chris' vibrato will get old but he has an interesting voice. I just don't think the crooner kid David is even any good at crooning.

I think Will, Gideon and Patrick have good voices but they need to pick their songs better. Sway can flat out sing and may have the best voice but the whole song in falsetto was too much. He needs to show off his range and separate himself from the others.

All that said, I think the girls are overall better.

krystl
02-23-06, 09:26 AM
Yeah, but Ace is so cheesy... Not only that, he didn't sing the song that well either.

Taylor on the other hand, I love his style and his enthusiasm and joy.
Cheesy? Cheesy? C'mon! I love Ace's voice. He compares himself to Constantine, but he is way less corny than that creep. :D

Randy even got a few digs in last night and I believe they were referring to Corny.

krystl
02-23-06, 09:28 AM
Am I the only one who thought Bobby's performance came off like a Ralph Kramden impersonation?

gdn
02-23-06, 09:28 AM
Cheesy? Cheesy? C'mon! I love Ace's voice. He compares himself to Constantine, but he is way less corny than that creep. :D

Randy even got a few digs in last night and I believe they were referring to Corny.Yeah, I noticed that. Still, though, the looks he was giving the camera and his trying to ooze sexuality made me laugh. I thought it was rather cheesy. His nose looks like MJ's, too. :p

NYYfan24
02-23-06, 09:29 AM
I haven't read through this thread, but I really, really, like Taylor Hicks. I hope he makes it through. He's got an amazing voice.

Me, Too..........Taylor for the guys and Katharine for the girls!

krystl
02-23-06, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I noticed that. Still, though, the looks he was giving the camera and his trying to ooze sexuality made me laugh. I thought it was rather cheesy. His nose looks like MJ's, too. :p
:eek: MJ as in Michael Jackson? I don't think anyone has a nose like that! :lol:
Did you see AI last year ans watch Constantine? He was the poster child for cheesy performances. Ace doesn't have the ego Con had and I think is more sincere. I agree that little pout/pose at the end was a bit much. But the girls are gonna love him!

gdn
02-23-06, 09:49 AM
:eek: MJ as in Michael Jackson? I don't think anyone has a nose like that! :lol:
Did you see AI last year ans watch Constantine? He was the poster child for cheesy performances. Ace doesn't have the ego Con had and I think is more sincere. I agree that little pout/pose at the end was a bit much. But the girls are gonna love him!No, I didn't watch it last year. Is that the guy Paula is supposed to have had an affair with?

Yeah, his nose reminded me of Michael Jackson's... but that's neither here nor there.

krystl
02-23-06, 10:13 AM
No, I didn't watch it last year. Is that the guy Paula is supposed to have had an affair with?

Yeah, his nose reminded me of Michael Jackson's... but that's neither here nor there.
No that wasn't Constantine. It was some guy who didn't make it that far. I don't even remember if he was from last season or the one before that.

Barb51850
02-23-06, 10:13 AM
Am I the only one who thought Bobby's performance came off like a Ralph Kramden impersonation?

I thought the exact same thing! All I did was laugh through his entire performance.

After he finished I was waiting for him to say "And AWAAAAY we GO!"

gdn
02-23-06, 10:17 AM
No that wasn't Constantine. It was some guy who didn't make it that far. I don't even remember if he was from last season or the one before that.Oh then I have no idea.

:dunno:

krystl
02-23-06, 10:59 AM
I thought the exact same thing! All I did was laugh through his entire performance.

After he finished I was waiting for him to say "And AWAAAAY we GO!"
Exactly! Glad I wasn't the only one! :lol:

krystl
02-23-06, 11:11 AM
Oh then I have no idea.

:dunno:
This is Constantine. His creepy look skeeved me out. Bleccchhh!

http://images.zap2it.com/20050310/constantinemaroulis_x.jpg

LilChief
02-23-06, 11:21 AM

Constantine was just icky.....Ace on the other hand...:ga-ga: :drool:

However................ :-ponder-: I'm not quite sure I'm ready for my TEN YEAR OLD Daughter to be walking around with her hand over her heart making little thumps on her chest and saying "AceAce...AceAce" (like a heartbeat) and "Mommy he is just HOT!"

I thought Chris did a good job last night, and picked a great song for his voice too. Elliot was good and I like Taylor alot, but I'm starting to think his gyrations may start to annoy me eventually. I know it's part of his character and originality, but we'll see.

krystl
02-23-06, 11:34 AM
Constantine was just icky.....Ace on the other hand...:ga-ga: :drool:

However................ :-ponder-: I'm not quite sure I'm ready for my TEN YEAR OLD Daughter to be walking around with her hand over her heart making little thumps on her chest and saying "AceAce...AceAce" (like a heartbeat) and "Mommy he is just HOT!"

I thought Chris did a good job last night, and picked a great song for his voice too. Elliot was good and I like Taylor alot, but I'm starting to think his gyrations may start to annoy me eventually. I know it's part of his character and originality, but we'll see.
My daughter was younger than that when she had a major crush on AJ from the Backstreet Boys! I think she was in first or second grade. I still have a little scrap book she made with all cut-out pictures of him. Now we joke about it because her tastes have changed. :lol:

As for the Idol contestants, it always gets interesting when they have to sing different styles. Some can pull it off and others go home.

JfromJersey
02-23-06, 12:12 PM

lol..he's got a great personality, but if he makes it to the next round I'll be shocked.

krystl
02-23-06, 12:47 PM
lol..he's got a great personality, but if he makes it to the next round I'll be shocked.
My husband felt sorry for him because he probably wouldn't get many votes, so he called and called (265 times between him and my daughter! :eek: ). Never got a busy signal. I was yelling for him to stop because if one of my guys gets sent home and Bobby stays, he's gonna be in trouble! Grrr! ;)

yeahimweird
02-23-06, 12:56 PM

Make it go away! :lol:

Constantine totally skeeved me out, too. I made well known in last year's AI post that I didn't like him. :lol: I know a lot of people are comparing Ace and Constantine, but Ace is more talented and a lot hotter.

I like Taylor's voice, but I feel kind of uncomfortable looking at him. I know that sounds terrible, however, his voice is pretty damn good and he probably will be one of the six guys left.

If Elliott looked like Ace, he'd be a shoo-in to win. Maybe if he gets his teeth fixed, we'll talk. ;) He has a great voice and should definitely be in the top six guys, too.

gdn
02-23-06, 03:21 PM

http://images.zap2it.com/20050310/constantinemaroulis_x.jpg:barf:

gdn
02-23-06, 08:12 PM
So what happened? Who got eliminated?

yankee maniac
02-23-06, 08:17 PM
So what happened? Who got eliminated?

Becky and Stevie
Bobby and Patrick

gdn
02-23-06, 08:18 PM
Becky and Stevie
Bobby and PatrickBecky the one that posed in Maxim? Hmmmm

gdn
02-23-06, 08:20 PM
Yeah, if you sing Copa Cabana, you should get eliminated.

keg411
02-23-06, 08:48 PM
No, I didn't watch it last year. Is that the guy Paula is supposed to have had an affair with?

The guy who Paula supposedly had an affair with was Corey Clark from season two. His falsetto was worse than Sway's, and made the ears bleed -- he also got kicked off the show because he was arrested for beating up his younger sister. He also wore a mesh shirt for one show that required a supply of brain bleach (and was the equivalent to "beating your sister" of the fashion world).

Corny was clean and saint-like compared to Corey Clark, who pretty much looked like a deranged fraggle and sang in the key of dog whistle.

As for tonight: felt all of the bootings were justified, though I would've preferred to see Heather, David or Sway leave.

gdn
02-23-06, 08:52 PM
The guy who Paula supposedly had an affair with was Corey Clark from season two. His falsetto was worse than Sway's, and made the ears bleed -- he also got kicked off the show because he was arrested for beating up his younger sister. He also wore a mesh shirt for one show that required a supply of brain bleach (and was the equivalent to "beating your sister" of the fashion world).

Corny was clean and saint-like compared to Corey Clark, who pretty much looked like a deranged fraggle and sang in the key of dog whistle.

As for tonight: felt all of the bootings were justified, though I would've preferred to see Heather, David or Sway leave.I thought the guy that did "Crazy little thing called love" should have gotten booted.

krystl
02-23-06, 09:08 PM
I thought the guy that did "Crazy little thing called love" should have gotten booted.
Aww, that's my litte crooner David. I know he won't go the distance, but I want to see him stick around a little longer just to see what else he can sing.

I wasn't surprised with tonight's eliminations at all. I kinda thought Patrick would be around awhile longer though.

gdn
02-23-06, 09:17 PM
Aww, that's my litte crooner David. I know he won't go the distance, but I want to see him stick around a little longer just to see what else he can sing.

I wasn't surprised with tonight's eliminations at all. I kinda thought Patrick would be around awhile longer though.He looked like he was stuttering when he was singing - the facial expressions, not the voice.

It was a total disservice to Freddie Mercury :(

krystl
02-23-06, 09:28 PM
He looked like he was stuttering when he was singing - the facial expressions, not the voice.

It was a total disservice to Freddie Mercury :(
Eh, that may be a little harsh. It's not like he was doing an impersonation. He was trying to have fun with the song, but its not really his style of singing.

gdn
02-23-06, 09:29 PM
Eh, that may be a little harsh. It's not like he was doing an impersonation. He was trying to have fun with the song, but its not really his style of singing.That did come across and I believe they mentioned it in the comments....

I'm rooting for Taylor.

YankyDave
02-23-06, 09:32 PM
Eh, that may be a little harsh. It's not like he was doing an impersonation. He was trying to have fun with the song, but its not really his style of singing.

He's different because he's a crooner. My problem is he isn't even a good crooner. You pull that stuff on this show you'd better sound like Michael Buble.

krystl
02-23-06, 10:23 PM
He's different because he's a crooner. My problem is he isn't even a good crooner. You pull that stuff on this show you'd better sound like Michael Buble.
Aww, I think he's ok. He's better than that red haired kid.

Luvtino
02-23-06, 10:39 PM
No big surprises. I was hoping that Brenna was voted off because I don't care for her attitude, but Stevie and Becky performed poorly as well so it was fair.

Bobby was pretty much a given to go home, but Patrick has a better voice than a few left in the competition. I agree that he was better than David, but David is young and cute which could carry him much further than his voice ever could. I worry that he will stay while others more deserving will go. I hope not, but it happens every season.

krystl
02-24-06, 11:36 AM
My husband said they were talking about Bobby on the radio this morning, about how he is going to be the next William Hung. There can never be another William Hung! :roflmao:

yeahimweird
02-24-06, 12:39 PM
I was two for four in my predictions last night.

I'm not surprised that Opera girl and Becky the town ho went home. Who was honestly surprised by Bobby? :lol:

I was a tad surprised (but not really) at Patrick leaving, because there were guys who were worse. Oh well, what can you do?

SheffRocks11
02-24-06, 02:19 PM
My husband said they were talking about Bobby on the radio this morning, about how he is going to be the next William Hung. There can never be another William Hung! :roflmao:

I loved it when Simon said he looked drunk.:D

#1PaFan
02-24-06, 04:25 PM
We have a Pool at work for this crap. I drew Lisa Tucker. Does anybody here think she has a chance?

krystl
02-24-06, 04:35 PM
We have a Pool at work for this crap. I drew Lisa Tucker. Does anybody here think she has a chance?
The girl is 16 but, wow can she sing!
She has a very good chance!

#1PaFan
02-24-06, 04:46 PM
The girl is 16 but, wow can she sing!
She has a very good chance!

Alright! Cool. :gulp:

krystl
02-24-06, 04:55 PM
Alright! Cool. :gulp:
You might actually have to watch the show to see how she does every week! :)

#1PaFan
02-24-06, 05:09 PM
You might actually have to watch the show to see how she does every week! :)

Yeah, shiiiiiooooot. :lol:

We drew something like 20 names. I think a few already bit the dust. Are all the people on every week?

Some questions on Ms. Tucker:

What kind of music does she perform?
Does the audience get into it when she sings?
Please tell me that she ain't one of these "overly dramatic"always emoting, damn prima donna, giving birth to a railroad car type of singer!!! (ie, Mariah Carey)

krystl
02-24-06, 05:18 PM
Yeah, shiiiiiooooot. :lol:

We drew something like 20 names. I think a few already bit the dust. Are all the people on every week?

Some questions on Ms. Tucker:

What kind of music does she perform?
Does the audience get into it when she sings?
Please tell me that she ain't one of these "overly dramatic"always emoting, damn prima donna, giving birth to a railroad car type of singer!!! (ie, Mariah Carey)
Before eliminations this week, there were 12 girls and 12 guys. The girls got to sing one night, and the guys sang the next night (2 hour shows each). The third night (last night), they eliminated 2 guys and 2 girls.
Yes, everyone gets to sing. Even the losers sing again when they get voted off.

Lisa, IMO, reminds me of a young Natalie Cole. I know the judges loved her performance Tuesday night. She is not overy dramatic and she is very mature for 16.
http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/i/f/lisa.jpg

#1PaFan
02-24-06, 05:23 PM
Before eliminations this week, there were 12 girls and 12 guys. The girls got to sing one night, and the guys sang the next night (2 hour shows each). The third night (last night), they eliminated 2 guys and 2 girls.
Yes, everyone gets to sing. Even the losers sing again when they get voted off.

Lisa, IMO, reminds me of a young Natalie Cole. I know the judges loved her performance Tuesday night. She is not overy dramatic and she is very mature for 16.
http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/i/f/lisa.jpg

Alright! Thanks for the info. Hell, maybe I will watch. The kid has a really nice smile.

Who am I kidding? I ain't gonna watch this stuff! :lol: I'm going to rely on this thread a LOT! :gulp:

ritaylnil
02-24-06, 07:54 PM
Who am I kidding? I ain't gonna watch this stuff!

I think it's time for you to get in touch with your feminine side, George. Give it a look see...you might surprise yourself and like it! :lol:

ritaylnil
02-24-06, 07:56 PM

Randy even got a few digs in last night and I believe they were referring to Corny.

I thought the same thing....this is a veiled slam on Corny! I don't find Ace cheesy at all. He's really hot and talented. He'll be around for awhile unless he makes a big mistake. He could take it all, IMO.

ritaylnil
02-24-06, 07:58 PM
My husband felt sorry for him because he probably wouldn't get many votes, so he called and called (265 times between him and my daughter! :eek: ).

:jaw-drop: :-rofl-:

That's the funniest freakin' thing I've heard all day! I've never been able to get through anywhere close to 265 times! I guess I never voted for anyone who sucked before! :lol:

#1PaFan
02-24-06, 07:59 PM
I think it's time for you to get in touch with your feminine side, George. Give it a look see...you might surprise yourself and like it! :lol:

Lovely Rita, if I had a feminine side, I wouldn't leave the bathroom. :lol: :gulp:

I **might** check it out.

If Lisa Tucker makes the Final Four, or whatever it's called, I might even have to get a jersey. Hey, with LT as initials, she HAS to kick ass!!! :gulp:

ritaylnil
02-24-06, 08:02 PM
Brenna should've gone instead of Becky, but I'm sure Becky would've gone in a week or two anyway.

Patrick being voted off surprised me. I thought Sway should've gone this week instead. I think Will Makar sucked, but I knew he wouldn't be voted off yet because he's young and cute. (Say Will Makar out loud...it sounds like Wilma Karr. :lol: So I'm going to call him Wilma from now on! :lol: )

Luvtino
02-24-06, 09:37 PM
If Lisa Tucker makes the Final Four, or whatever it's called, I might even have to get a jersey. Hey, with LT as initials, she HAS to kick ass!!! :gulp:

;) :D

Lisa has a vg chance of making it all the way to the finals. You picked a good one. Great voice and well liked by all. You really should check the show out. There is some excellent talent this year. :)

For you. :gulp:

OxDiesel
02-24-06, 10:52 PM
I thought the same thing....this is a veiled slam on Corny! I don't find Ace cheesy at all. He's really hot and talented. He'll be around for awhile unless he makes a big mistake. He could take it all, IMO.

He will take it all. I have NEVER seen Wifey lose her cool around ANY guy, and she was actually biting her lip, smiling, and even said, "OH, yeah."

I thought she was going to take her panties off and throw them at the TV.

Like you said, Rita, all Ace has to do is avoid picking a bad song for himself, and it's his title to lose.

Trish
02-24-06, 10:59 PM
You'd better be careful...before you know it, you'll be watching figure skating.

If you aren't already.

#1PaFan
02-24-06, 11:02 PM
You'd better be careful...before you know it, you'll be watching figure skating.

If you aren't already.

Actually, I am. I've been reading about all the Falls. I figure I might see some Blood & Broken Bones!!! :gulp:

#1PaFan
02-24-06, 11:08 PM
He will take it all. I have NEVER seen Wifey lose her cool around ANY guy, and she was actually biting her lip, smiling, and even said, "OH, yeah."

I thought she was going to take my panties off and throw them at the TV.

Like you said, Rita, all Ace has to do is avoid picking a bad song for himself, and it's his title to lose.

Heh!! Another Troy Aikman Fan. Sure "OxDiesel" blame it on the wife! LOL :gulp:

ritaylnil
02-25-06, 10:43 AM

I thought she was going to take her panties off and throw them at the TV.

One of my co-workers said his wife looked at the T.V. and said, "You ARE my daddy!" And this is 50 year old woman! :lol: