PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

1yanks1
04-05-06, 10:27 AM
I heard on the radio that there is going to be a Prince night, and that the record company is forcing him to appear at the show or they won't promote his album. Or something like that.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/66397.htm

I heard this too. Was it WBLI?? LOL I hope not though. I don't like when they have to stick to 1 singer/group's songs.

gdn
04-05-06, 10:28 AM
I briefly saw that Taylor attempted a bluegrass song. I don't think he did it very well, but props to him for trying.

Trish
04-05-06, 12:31 PM
I briefly saw that Taylor attempted a bluegrass song. I don't think he did it very well, but props to him for trying.
He sang John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads"

It's not bluegrass, young'un:P

gdn
04-05-06, 12:36 PM
He sang John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads"

It's not bluegrass, young'un:POh, I just saw it very briefly and I thought someone mentioned "bluegrass". My bad.

JfromJersey
04-05-06, 12:42 PM
Bucky really has to go tonight. I don't think he will, but he had his genre and couldn't nail it. He is by far, the least talented of the 9 left. I really have no idea who the bottom 3 will be tonight, but if he's not in that group it will be a shame.

corynnmarie
04-05-06, 01:12 PM
I heard on the radio that there is going to be a Prince night, and that the record company is forcing him to appear at the show or they won't promote his album. Or something like that.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/66397.htm
Dontcha love record labels and the way they treat their artists like slaves? Kinda similar to AI, actually.

allybear
04-05-06, 01:13 PM
I only knew two songs and they were Paris' and Bucky's. I had no idea that a country artist covered Best I've Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning).

OK - I was thinking when he was singing, "that's not a country song, I hear that on regular radio all the time". I love love love that song, though.

allybear
04-05-06, 01:17 PM
Katherine did pretty well - better than I thought she would.

Was there something wrong with my TV or was the music louder than Kellie's singing? She was pretty good (stop throwing stuff at me now) but I think something was mixed wrong. But the judges seemed to like her, so it could have been my TV.

I more or less missed the first three (story of my life, right) - from the little clips at the end, Taylor and Elliott didn't impress me - I didn't think Mandisa was as bad as everyone else does, but I only heard a minute of it, so that could have been the "good" minute.

Paris was fine, but to me, that was just a karaoke version of the song - nothing special.

Bucky, poor Bucky...I love the song a lot, and he got good at it, but boy, there was a dreadful note right in the beginning...I was like ouch.

Dee
04-05-06, 01:55 PM
I can't stand that girl Kellie anymore.. At first when I saw her in the auditions, I was like "Aww.. how cute" but now I just want to strangle her when she opens her mouth. Am I just being mean or anyone else feel that way?

The one thing that really bothers me is she has a huge fan base.. mainly consisting of teenyboppers. I think she is faking the stupid naive country girl act but I'm not too sure. I just hate it when girls have the perception that if they act stupid, people will like them. Having her as a role-model would really hinder the progress of women in society.. hmm.. maybe I'm exaggerating a bit... but that bothers me.

By the way Katharine is hot. I hope she stays longer, it'll keep me tuning in.

Barb51850
04-05-06, 01:59 PM
I can't stand that girl Kellie anymore.. At first when I saw her in the auditions, I was like "Aww.. how cute" but now I just want to strangle her when she opens her mouth. Am I just being mean or anyone else feel that way?

The one thing that really bothers me is she has a huge fan base.. mainly consisting of teenyboppers. I think she is faking the stupid naive country girl act but I'm not too sure. I just hate it when girls have the perception that if they act stupid, people will like them. Having her as a role-model would really hinder the progress of women in society.. hmm.. maybe I'm exaggerating a bit... but that bothers me.

By the way Katharine is hot. I hope she stays longer, it'll keep me tuning in.

I agree with you about Kellie. She is starting to drive me nuts.

Katherine is beautiful, and an excellent singer.

krystl
04-05-06, 02:02 PM
I agree. Kellie's dumb act is wearing thin. I don't hate her like others do, but I don't think she's as adorable as I did in the beginning. She has to be able to prove she has talent and I'm thinking it's just not good enough anymore.

Katherine will run away with everything, IMO. She is pretty and has a nice stage presence and a good personality. Plus, she can really sing. :)

JfromJersey
04-05-06, 04:12 PM
Katherine will run away with everything, IMO. She is pretty and has a nice stage presence and a good personality. Plus, she can really sing. :)

I like her a lot, but it really worries me that she was in the bottom 2 last week. I made sure to vote for her last night.

Dee
04-05-06, 04:29 PM
I like her a lot, but it really worries me that she was in the bottom 2 last week. I made sure to vote for her last night.
There is this site called dialidol.com that tracks busy signals of each contestants number when people are voting and make predictions on who is going to be voted off. It's not scientific but it gives you a good idea who will be in the bottom three.

http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Looks like its Mandisa or Elliott. Katharine is safe ;)

JfromJersey
04-05-06, 04:36 PM
There is this site called dialidol.com that tracks busy signals of each contestants number when people are voting and make predictions on who is going to be voted off. It's not scientific but it gives you a good idea who will be in the bottom three.

How accurate have they been in past weeks?
Ugh..we have to suffer through another week of Bucky?

gdn
04-05-06, 04:38 PM
How accurate have they been in past weeks?
Ugh..we have to suffer through another week of Bucky?The banner at the top of the page says 80% accurate through 15 eliminations.

YankeeGalSC
04-05-06, 05:50 PM
I'm pulling for Katharine all the way. She has the most "star quality" IMO.

ritaylnil
04-05-06, 06:31 PM
Dee, if you read through this whole thread (I know that would take awhile :p ) you'll see that many agree with you about Kellie.

1yanks1
04-05-06, 06:46 PM
I have to agree--I used to like Kellie in the beginning but the whole dumb girl act is really getting OLD. I mean, was she living under a rock?? And Ace with that stare.. that's old too. I think chris will be the Idol with Katharine #2. I have no idea who is going home tonight though..
oh and by the way, my name is Noreen--I've just been lurking. lol

yeahimweird
04-05-06, 07:03 PM
Katharine has a good voice, but I think she's kind of boring.

rock
04-05-06, 07:11 PM
I hope Kellie goes tonight but it seems like she could be here for awhile which is too bad. She's even worse than Bucky. Carrie Underwood is way more talented than Kellie.

Katharine is great and is looking and sounding better each week.

Dee
04-05-06, 07:15 PM
I doubt Kellie is leaving anytime soon.. I heard she has fans voting for her 200 times each.

keg411
04-05-06, 07:19 PM
I've actually decided I dislike Katharine more than I dislike Kellie. Yes, Kellie is dumb, but she amuses me in a trainwreck kind of way. I don't really think Katharine is as good as other similar singers, and I had the same reaction Simon did to her song... I know it's Faith Hill, but it struck me as weird. Yet, she gives him a snotty reaction. Yuck. At least Kellie is funny (even if she can't sing at all).

I thought Chris and Ace both did very well and Bucky was okay. I love Paris and had to vote for her because I'm terrified she's going home. I missed the first three (Taylor, Mandisa and Elliot) and from the recaps, I definitely didn't miss anything... which is good because I've decided Taylor is my favorite recently (I came upon some of his covers and demos online and liked what I heard) and I don't want to hear him butcher "Take Me Home, Country Roads".

Chris, Taylor and Kellie will still be the top three, IMO. Katharine could overtake Kellie, but if she has a bad night again ala "The Voice Within", she's toast.

JfromJersey
04-05-06, 08:37 PM

They were right on the money with the bottom 3.

rock
04-05-06, 08:37 PM

They got it right!

gdn
04-05-06, 08:38 PM
I was surprised, though, at the elimination.

yeahimweird
04-05-06, 08:46 PM
I'm not surprised at the result actually.

I'm just not happy Elliott was in the bottom two.

ChocolateGirl
04-05-06, 09:00 PM
Mandisa going home so early is absolutely ridiculous. I know I am partly to blame because I did not vote last night, but Mandisa is one of the best singers in this competition hands down. No female on this show now could sing better than her. This show could kiss my Butt. :o

I hope either Paris or Chris wins. Elliot and Taylor would be my second choices. Elliot has the voice but needs to gain more confidence when he performs.

Luvtino
04-05-06, 09:15 PM
That stinks. I had a bad feeling about Mandisa and was praying I was wrong. She was ripped off, but the sad thing is that talented singers go home before less talented ones every year. It's painful to see her go when Bucky, Ace and Kellie don't have even half the singing talent that she does. :(

She has a beautiful voice and an amazing spirit. I could see her putting out a best selling Gospel CD. I hope it happens for her. Best of luck Mandisa. :)

That site was dead on. I never even knew about it before today. :eek:

I didn't think is was a good performance for Paris, but I am pretty surprised she was in the bottom 3. I thought she had a huge fanbase. It will be very interesting to see what happens next week.

Barb51850
04-05-06, 10:02 PM
I was very surprised at Mandisa leaving. She is a very powerful singer, with excellent range. I wish her the best. I'm sure we'll be hearing from her.

Next week should be interesting with the "Queen" theme. I wonder if anyone will attempt "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Constantine nailed it last year.

krystl
04-05-06, 10:07 PM
There's no way Mandisa should have gone home before Bucky and Kellie.

I was pretty shocked.

krystl
04-05-06, 10:10 PM
I was very surprised at Mandisa leaving. She is a very powerful singer, with excellent range. I wish her the best. I'm sure we'll be hearing from her.

Next week should be interesting with the "Queen" theme. I wonder if anyone will attempt "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Constantine nailed it last year.
I think Queen is going to be tricky for most of the contestants to pull off. I wish they wouldn't limit it to one group or artist. It's like when they had to sing Stevie Wonder...very difficult songs.

Getting back to Constantine...although I hated Corny last year, I have to agree he nailed that song. It was the only one of his performances that didn't make me wanna :barf: :lol:

ritaylnil
04-05-06, 10:38 PM
Really a shame about Mandisa. It's appalling that Bucky, Kellie, and Ace are surviving longer than she. I sort of think she's better off in a weird way. She appears very devout in her faith. The whole AI contract and the way it runs your life might be bad for someone like her. She'll probably find bigger and better things on her own. I do think her weight had a lot to do with it. There's a lot of prejudice against fat women, that's for sure! But, having said that, the last 2 weeks were her weakest, vocally. At this stage, one bad week can do someone in.

ritaylnil
04-05-06, 10:40 PM
I like when they all have to sing one artist. I think it will be a blast watching them all struggle with Queen! :lol:

yeahimweird
04-05-06, 11:15 PM
I like when they all have to sing one artist. I think it will be a blast watching them all struggle with Queen! :lol:

It could possibly be a train wreck of epic proportions. I can't wait. :lol:

DanB
04-05-06, 11:23 PM
OK, so who's singing what? I'm betting Taylor goes for "crazy little thing called love" Ace or Elliot will sing "somebody to love"

Come to think of it, maybe it was a conspiracy to get rid of Mandisa before Queen week so that there would be no awkward "Fat Bottom Girl" jokes...:eek:

BronxBomber2
04-06-06, 12:45 AM
I have been pulling for Chris this whole season, He has a great voice for rock and i think he will be a star. Queen week should be interesting, most of the contestants will be out of their comfort zone. Mandisa going tonight was pretty shocking.

Big_E
04-06-06, 04:48 AM
Am I the only one glad to see Mandisa gone?

yankeebot
04-06-06, 04:55 AM
No. I never liked her as much as a lot of people here did. She just sounded like a clone of so many others to me. No originality to her whatsoever. That said, I do feel sorry for her. At 29, her window of opportunity to break into the music business is rapidly closing. And without the "physical attributes" of some of the others, this may have been her last chance to hit it big.

#1PaFan
04-06-06, 04:57 AM
OK, so who's singing what? I'm betting Taylor goes for "crazy little thing called love" Ace or Elliot will sing "somebody to love"

Come to think of it, maybe it was a conspiracy to get rid of Mandisa before Queen week so that there would be no awkward "Fat Bottom Girl" jokes...:eek:

You stole my line, damnit! :mad: :lol:

#1PaFan
04-06-06, 05:05 AM

The morning radio guys here are going to miss her.

Trish
04-06-06, 06:09 AM
I can't say I'm glad to see her go, but I'm not surprised. That performance was awful.

Mandisa can't sing well in the lower range. She's a prototypical gospel "belter" and that Shania song had too much of that growly low stuff. It was nowhere near her style, and it was dreadful. A different song choice, and she'd still be there. I don't think it's got a thing to do with her weight. She hasn't been in the bottom 3 before last night, so I don't buy that explanation at all. I think people can look beyond that at this stage of the game.

Someone's got to go home each week, that's the point.

allybear
04-06-06, 07:59 AM
I thought Mandisa was good and I'm sorry to see her go - I know the country song wasn't great for her, but she tried and I didn't think it was that bad. But hopefully she'll be able to take the exposure she's gotten and get signed to one of the Christian music labels and using her music to spread her faith. So, it could all work out for the best. :)

Queen next week should be interesting, to say the least - be afraid, be very afraid.

krystl
04-06-06, 09:21 AM
No. I never liked her as much as a lot of people here did. She just sounded like a clone of so many others to me. No originality to her whatsoever. That said, I do feel sorry for her. At 29, her window of opportunity to break into the music business is rapidly closing. And without the "physical attributes" of some of the others, this may have been her last chance to hit it big.
I think barry Manilow was very impressed with her and made some sort of comment about her being good enough to be one of his backup singers.
Maybe she'll get an opportunity afterall.

Barb51850
04-06-06, 10:59 AM

I'm not sorry to see her go. I'm not a fan of women singers, especially in these times when singing as high as possible and holding a high note for as long as possible passes for good singing. The only women singers I can tolerate are the ones with low voices.

krystl
04-06-06, 12:21 PM
That's an interesting look at it Barb. :)

Btw, I love your sig.

fredgmuggs
04-06-06, 12:44 PM
I'm not sorry to see her go. I'm not a fan of women singers, especially in these times when singing as high as possible and holding a high note for as long as possible passes for good singing. The only women singers I can tolerate are the ones with low voices.
Barb, I'm with you on this. I don't know when and how the notion of vocal gymnastics has replaced simple purity in the human voice. I guess I'm just an old fuddy duddy, but I will take the pure tones of Jo Stafford over what now passes as singing everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

You know, I don't even watch this show and yet I read this thread... I feel sort of like a peeping Tom.

Barb51850
04-06-06, 12:47 PM
Btw, I love your sig.

Thanks. :)

jlw1980
04-06-06, 01:27 PM
I was sad to see Mandisa go, but this week she picked an AWFUL song -- for her. I also can't help but wonder if it's because of her weight. People are very prejudiced against overweight women. Our society has this ideal, and unfortunately our "American Idol" must be picture perfect, if she's female. (Ruben Studdard - only male to win - obviously wasn't picture perfect, but there's a double standard for overweight men.) Despite that, I thought she was beautiful and the best female vocalist in the contest. Too bad she picked that song. Kellie annoys the hell out of me. Her dumb girl act and "I'm soooorry" after every criticism she receives grate on my nerves. {Insert b*tch-slap here.} Ace and his "Look at me; I'm so hot" stare are beyond obnoxious, and he's not that great a singer. Kellie and Ace need to go. If either wins, well, phooey. I'm not a big Paris fan, either, but she's better than those two. I like Elliott, Taylor, Katherine (couldn't stand her Christina Aguilera last week though), and Chris. I don't understand how Katherine was in the bottom three last week. I wouldn't object to any of those last four's winning the whole thing.

Trish
04-06-06, 01:57 PM
Our good friend George refers to that as "pulling a railroad car with her vagina" :lol:

NYYBombshell
04-06-06, 02:02 PM

I might watch just so I can laugh at people.

Barb51850
04-06-06, 02:12 PM
Our good friend George refers to that as "pulling a railroad car with her vagina" :lol:

:lol: They sure broke the mold after they made George!!

Slavenka
04-06-06, 04:16 PM
I loved the shirt Kellie wore on Tuesday. Does anyone know who it was, or where I could find that info out? Thanks!

I'm sad to see Mandisa go. It wasn't her best performance, but I liked her. Maybe it was those jeans? ;) I'm excited about Queen!! These guys really need to step it up.
Also, does the bickering between judges/ host bother anyone? I should say this is my first AI season, but it has really become a turnoff. I want to keep it on mute, and only turn it off for the singing and Simon. I know that its good for ratings (which shouldn't be a concern for them anyway), and I love drama as much as the next reality fan, but it's kinda making me feel uncomfortable. Were they this bad the first, or second, season?

Barb51850
04-06-06, 04:26 PM
I loved the shirt Kellie wore on Tuesday. Does anyone know who it was, or where I could find that info out? Thanks!

I'm sad to see Mandisa go. It wasn't her best performance, but I liked her. Maybe it was those jeans? ;) I'm excited about Queen!! These guys really need to step it up.
Also, does the bickering between judges/ host bother anyone? I should say this is my first AI season, but it has really become a turnoff. I want to keep it on mute, and only turn it off for the singing and Simon. I know that its good for ratings (which shouldn't be a concern for them anyway), and I love drama as much as the next reality fan, but it's kinda making me feel uncomfortable. Were they this bad the first, or second, season?

I agree about the bickering between the judges, and most of it is due to Paula.

Trish
04-06-06, 04:26 PM

The bickering doesn't really bother me. Things have sort of been boiling under the surface till this year.

Paula still seems whacked out of her mind some nights.

Slavenka
04-06-06, 04:32 PM
I agree about the bickering between the judges, and most of it is due to Paula.

The bickering doesn't really bother me. Things have sort of been boiling under the surface till this year.

Paula still seems whacked out of her mind some nights.

Hmm, thanks. Have you guys seen the True Hollywood Story on Paula? I saw it awhile ago, but she said she's on countless drugs and that's why she's all kooky. If I didn't know that, I'd think she was definitely a coke addict the way she's been acting.

ritaylnil
04-06-06, 09:07 PM
Hmm, thanks. Have you guys seen the True Hollywood Story on Paula? I saw it awhile ago, but she said she's on countless drugs and that's why she's all kooky. If I didn't know that, I'd think she was definitely a coke addict the way she's been acting.

Being on "countless drugs", even if presciption meds, can make a person at least as kookie as a coke addict.

jlw1980
04-06-06, 11:13 PM
Paula is SO annoying. I don't think she could be more of a ditz if she tried.

IronCaballo4
04-11-06, 07:06 PM
man Bucky sucks

#1PaFan
04-11-06, 07:14 PM
This is criminal.

IronCaballo4
04-11-06, 07:17 PM
one of my friends went to high school with Kellie...he says she is SO fake

#1PaFan
04-11-06, 07:30 PM
Wow. Chris got it, man.

IronCaballo4
04-11-06, 07:31 PM
Wow. Chris got it, man.

word. that was awesome

Big_E
04-11-06, 07:52 PM
I was hoping one of the women would sing "Somebody to Love", instead of one of the guys. Katharine (who was great anyhow) would have absolutely KILLED with that song.

Another great job by Taylor. Nice to see him unrestrained again.

gdn
04-11-06, 08:02 PM
Wow. Chris got it, man.What did he sing?

gdn
04-11-06, 08:03 PM
Another great job by Taylor. Nice to see him unrestrained again.I agree. Taylor was great. Taylor and Chris have emerged as two of the top performers.

#1PaFan
04-11-06, 08:05 PM
What did he sing?

Innuendo. He did a great job.

Bucky & Elliott should be arrested and deported.

gdn
04-11-06, 08:06 PM
Innuendo. He did a great job.

Bucky & Elliott should be arrested and deported.I just caught a glimpse of Elliott and he was HORRIBLE.

What did Bucky do? Do I want to know?

#1PaFan
04-11-06, 08:09 PM
I just caught a glimpse of Elliott and he was HORRIBLE.

What did Bucky do? Do I want to know?

Fat Bottom Girls. He sounded like a skinny bottom twerp.

gdn
04-11-06, 08:09 PM
Fat Bottom Girls. He sounded like a skinny bottom twerp.They should have a "Smiths" night :D That'd be funny as hell.

ALR83
04-11-06, 08:23 PM
I HATE PICKLER. I hate her, I hate her, I hate her. I see red when she's on my screen.

"On paperrr?" *gives dumb look*

WTF? She's is so fake and phony it makes me sick.

jlw1980
04-11-06, 08:32 PM
I hate this. It doesn't start here for another 1/2 hour, so I'm not even seeing it live. :mad:

Barb51850
04-11-06, 08:45 PM
I HATE PICKLER. I hate her, I hate her, I hate her. I see red when she's on my screen.

"On paperrr?" *gives dumb look*

WTF? She's is so fake and phony it makes me sick.

OMG, I'm with you. I'm sick of her and that "dumb" act.

I thought the best tonight was Chris.

ritaylnil
04-11-06, 08:57 PM
I actually thought they all did better than I expected. I really thought many of them would be horrific. The only one who was horrific, imho, was Kellie. What a nightmare! :barf:

Best....Chris, definitely. But, beware folks. I started voting for the first time tonight. I keep getting through for Chris. Not a good sign! I can't get through on Katharine or Taylor, my other 2 faves of the night. Those of you who like Chris...dial 18664365704 NOW.

Elliot continues to look so nervous.

Bucky was better than I expected, but I have low expectations for him.

Paris was strange tonight. I didn't dig it.

Ace was so-so. Not as bad as Simon made him out to be.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-11-06, 09:17 PM
i wanted to see Katherine and Chris do an Under Pressure duet.

I loved Brian May laying the smack down on Ace. Why the hell would you want to change a classic

ALR83
04-11-06, 10:01 PM
i wanted to see Katherine and Chris do an Under Pressure duet.

I loved Brian May laying the smack down on Ace. Why the hell would you want to change a classic

That was so funny. :lol: I don't like Ace so that cracked me up lol.

I would love to see that duet, Chris and Katharine are my favorites. And I love that song.

OxDiesel
04-11-06, 10:09 PM
WOW -- in some cases, I'm not too sure what some of you were watching tonight.
Having said that, here's tonight's rundown....

Bucky -- Nowhere near as bad as I thought. When I heard them say "Fat Bottomed Girls", I just started laughing while I waited for a trainwreck. Never came. More like a minor fender-bender, and only because someone actually performed FBG.
Grade: C

Ace -- After watching Wifey go to jelly while he sang "Father Figure" in the first week, I said he was the guy to beat. Sure wish I could take THAT back. "We Will Rock You"??? I thought Brian May was gonna shine up his guitar and stick it straight up Ace's ass. I swear, he gets worse by the week.
Grade: F

Pickler -- I was wondering who was going to be the idiot that would try and outdo Constantine's showstopper from last year. I should've known. But because I was expecting it to be SOOOO bad, I actually thought it was halfway decent. But can somebody explain to me what was up with the Lita Ford hairdon't???
Grade: C-

Chris -- THE SHOWSTOPPER, for at least the 3rd if not 4th time this year. He's in a class by himself. My only concern is the random song choice. Making a disconnect like that with the voters has proven fatal in past years.
Grade: A+

McPhee -- Good choice to switch songs. Suited her voice nicely.
Grade: B

Elliott -- Have you ever seen anyone look MORE uncomfortable on the stage?? I can't figure out what the hell the 3 Stooges were watching, because Elliott was a walking disaster. He wasn't even in tune.
Grade: D

Taylor -- You guys are kidding me, right? What is the fascination with this clown??? There is nothing "fun" about his style anymore. If anything, he's getting almost as annoying as Pickler. Every week, he gets more ridiculous and more stupid. When is somebody going to tell him that he CAN'T DANCE? He looked and acted like an absolute retard. If Elliott was a disaster, this guy was a catastrophe. The only reason I'm not giving him an F is because I'll even admit he can sing a little. However, it dodn't come through tonight until the very end.
Grade: D-

Paris -- I applaud her for trying soemthing different every week, and I thought it was pretty ballsy (sorry, Pickler) to use "The Show Must Go On", but she looks lost when she's out of her element and comfort zone. I was really looking forward to hearing what she would do with TSMGO, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as I thought it would be. If anything, it ended up leaving me flat. Still, she was generally pretty good.
Grade: B-

MY Bottom 3: Ace, Elliott, Taylor

Predicted: Ace, Elliott, Chris (like I said, I have a bad feeling)

MY Elimination: Elliott

Predicted: Elliott or Ace

NYYBombshell
04-11-06, 10:20 PM
I'm assuming Kellie did Bohemian Rhapsody? What on earth would possess that woman to sing that song? Was she high?

IronCaballo4
04-11-06, 10:26 PM
I'm assuming Kellie did Bohemian Rhapsody? What on earth would possess that woman to sing that song? Was she high?

I reckon she just plumb couldn't pick nuttin else, mmhmm. "On paper?!" lol what an ijit :lol:

NYYBombshell
04-11-06, 10:28 PM
I reckon she just plumb couldn't pick nuttin else, mmhmm. "On paper?!" lol what an ijit :lol:

She annoys me. I live in the South, so I see girls like her all the time, but she takes it to the nth degree. It's like she enjoys looking like one of the Clampetts.

"I reckon we go swimmin' in that big ce-ment pond out back, y'all."

IronCaballo4
04-11-06, 10:35 PM
She annoys me. I live in the South, so I see girls like her all the time, but she takes it to the nth degree. It's like she enjoys looking like one of the Clampetts.

"I reckon we go swimmin' in that big ce-ment pond out back, y'all."

like I said earlier, my friend Jared went to high school with her and he's like "She's such a hick" :lol:

keg411
04-11-06, 10:40 PM
Chris, Taylor and Paris continue to be my favorites.

And I still hate Kellie... she seriously looked possessed in the first half of the song. Bucky wasn't half bad and I liked his song choice, but he's not up there with the top three and will probably go soon . However, I hope it's not this week, because I really want Ace to go -- he's hasn't even been close to recreating "Father Figure". And Brian May should have kicked him. I wasn't impressed with Katharine and Elliot stunk.

Despite the bad, this wasn't awful as I originally feared -- or even as awful as last week!

yeahimweird
04-12-06, 12:15 AM
Tonight wasn't the trainwreck I thought it was going to be. A few derailments along the way, but other that, it was okay.

I know you guys will think I'm smoking crack, but I thought the best ones tonight were Elliott and *gulp* Bucky.

Ace gets an A for effort (and that eyeliner, dear god), but that's it. It was not good.

Kellie needs to get the hell out of this competition. "What's on paper?" Shoot me please.

Chris was good, but I wasn't familiar with the song.

Katharine bored me to tears again and she wasn't that good. It nearly as bad as two weeks ago.

Taylor was entertaining, but the vocals were just okay.

Paris...eh. I liked her after her audition, but now? I think I'll pass.

JfromJersey
04-12-06, 12:18 AM
Dial Idol which got the bottom 3 correct last week, predict that either Ace or Bucky will leave the comp.

yeahimweird
04-12-06, 12:21 AM
Dial Idol which got the bottom 3 correct last week, predict that either Ace or Bucky will leave the comp.

I actually kind of surprised to see Chris that low. He's usually a top three staple.

rock
04-12-06, 12:46 AM
Hopefully Ace or Pickler will go. Getting sick of both of them. I thought Elliot was actually very good. I think Chris needs to pick better songs or else he could get a scare one of these weeks.

Trish
04-12-06, 06:19 AM
It's funny, we all see things so differently.

I thought Paris was awful. What a weird performance...I agree with Simon. It was a cross between Tina Turner's Beyond Thunderdome and, and, I can't even think what else. I cannot stand that girl. The way most of you feel about Kellie, that's the way I feel about her. I want her to go away.

Bucky wasn't bad, but I don't think it's fair that he's still here and some others aren't.

Kellie was ok, nothing to write home about. The stylists need to not try so hard. Her hair, and Paris' outfit, were outlandish.

Ace was pitiful. He should leave tonight.

I love Elliot's voice, and I think it's the best in the competition, but his voice isn't suited to every type of music.

Chris was good for what he does, but it's just not my taste in music. And why he picks songs that are not mainstream is beyond me. He's safe though, and will probably will this whole thing.

Katherine didn't impress me tonight and hasn't for the past few weeks. Her voice wasn't strong enough in the upper ranges, and I didn't like it at all.

Taylor is still my favorite. He entertains me, and I love his smoky, bluesy voice. I'm a fan.

So, I hope it's Ace leaving tonight, or Bucky. I really wish it was Paris, but I know that's not going to happen. I hate that precocious, perky teen thing.

Luvtino
04-12-06, 07:38 AM
My guess is Ace goes home. I like him better than Bucky, but Bucky was better last night. I would actually like Ace, Kellie and Bucky to be the next ones to go as they don't have the talent of the others. I don't dislike Kellie as some do, but I can see where the dumb thing is wearing thin. It really isn't funny anymore. :o

Song choice is still a problem for some. If they don't pick a well known song they are taking a big chance that it will hurt them. I hope they all go mainstream from here on out.

Kellie was ehh. Paris was odd...I agree with Simon as well. E can really sing, but he's awkward on stage. Didn't know Katherine or Chris's song. Chris's song choice is not vg at times, but he always sings and performs well. Katherine has an amazing voice.I liked Taylor. He's entertaining and very at ease on stage. .

I don't believe Chris is in any danger of being voted off, but this could be his week for a wake up call. He will be safe in the end and he really should be. He and Katherine are still my faves.

allybear
04-12-06, 07:41 AM
OK, well there's certainly a variety of opinions here. My two cents (and for once, I got to see everyone!):

Bucky - I had low expectations, but he wasn't nearly as bad as I thought he'd be. I actually enjoyed it. Go Buckster! :)

Ace - OMG OMG OMG. If there is any justice in the world, he would have been asked to leave the show halfway through that alleged rendition of "We Will Rock You". I mean, what the heck - I have heard drunken crowds at hockey games sing that song more on tune than him!!!! He is no way, no how, not at all good looking enough to be able to sing that badly! And after the first week, I stopped thinking he was good looking anyway.

Kellie - The actual surprise of the night - she didn't suck! I was scared to think what she was gonna do anyway, and when I heard "Bohemian Rhapsody", I was really scared, but she honestly wasn't bad. And JP said he's voting for her just because he liked the boots! ;)

Chris - I don't know why he picked the song (did he got messed up because Taylor was going to sing "We Are the Champions" so he thought he couldn't?), but I like him, I like his style of music and I thought he was fine. I would have liked to hear him sing something that the general public has heard of from Queen, but he did well as usual.

Katherine - She was fine...I liked the song choice for her, although I was really hoping she was gonna do "The Show Must Go On" - I thought she'd do well with that and probably better than she did with what she did, but she was OK.

Elliott - He was OK. Not great, not horribly bad, OK.

Taylor - Entertainment, A; Singing D. I mean, I loved the dancing and all, but he lost the tune near the beginning and never seemed to find it again. Although kicking the mike stand over and it not falling and then re-kicking it almost made up for that! :lol:

Paris - Yikes. Was the stylist out to lunch when she picked that outfit? Her hair and makeup looked great, but a simple black evening gown with the gloves would have worked 100 times better than an outfit ten years too old and a size too small for her, which is what she was wearing. Singing-wise, she was OK till the chorus, when the wheels fell off.

My bottom three: Ace, Taylor (or Elliott), Paris. Go home: Ace (please!)

NYYfan24
04-12-06, 09:00 AM
I really liked Katharine...but I like her every week. She sang one of my favorite Queen songs. The song gave me goosebumps (my measure for success....but I get goosebumps everytime I hear Freddie M. sing it...probably because he didn't live forever). I think she might be in trouble tonight because she didn't "rock".

I think Ace should go! Bucky was ok last night and that from someone who really doesn't like him.

I really wasn't crazy about Chris. But I liked his eye makeup! ;)

I have to say, I agreed with Simon about Paris. I really was confused by that performance.

Taylor was back to being Taylor..but how far will that take him?

Interesting night.

51BWilliams
04-12-06, 09:16 AM
My wife really digs Elliot. I think he escaped from the set of Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, but thats just me

Ace sucks. This guy is friggin awful. And it's not the 'Oh, I hate the pretty boy thing'. The guy is awful

Catherine? She's a ( albeit very good ) one trick pony. No diversity at all, everything sounds like it should be the theme song to a Disney movie.

Paris? Boring as can be.

Chris - my favorite

Taylor - giving Chris a serious run for the money in the favorite department.

Bucky = Kelly = Unfortunately, their accents cause them to make every song sound like a country song, and I can't stand the singing in country music.

jlw1980
04-12-06, 02:33 PM
Kellie, Ace, and Paris need to go. I can't stand any of them. They're all horrible. I can't for the life of me figure out how Kellie is 2nd highest on dialidol.com. Who votes for her?? :barf:

Barb51850
04-12-06, 03:01 PM
IMO, Kellie was "dumb like a fox" in choosing "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Everyone's expectations were low. Even if she did a so-so job (which she did) it would sound good.

I'm so sick of her (I know I'm repeating myself).

ALR83
04-12-06, 04:46 PM
IMO, Kellie was "dumb like a fox" in choosing "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Everyone's expectations were low. Even if she did a so-so job (which she did) it would sound good.

I'm so sick of her (I know I'm repeating myself).

Don't worry, I am right beside you with those feelings.

Sadly, I don't think the bimbo will be going home tonight, I think it will be Ace.

DanB
04-12-06, 07:43 PM
ok, my turn:

I think Paris was GOOD! Love the song, I thought Chris should have done it. It would have given him a chance to go mellow to rokkin in one song.

Chris screamed too much, totally agree with Simon on the song choice...it's not a good live song, period

Taylor makes me smile when I watch him...does that make me gay? not that there's anything wrong with that

I can't believe I actually liked Ace and Elliot...that being said, Ace was a jackass for doing that song. I don't like the style of Elliot's music, but he really made it work (i'm glad he realized he couldn't hit the high notes). Ace should have tried that song with his falsetto.

Kathryn's song is my favorite all time Queen song, and that's saying a lot...I was cringing at first, but ended up loving it

Kellie is an idiot. A smokin hot idiot. No one should ever do that song but Freddie (RIP)

Who's left...oh yeah, Bucky...nice try, but he's got zero range in his voice.

yeahimweird
04-12-06, 08:50 PM
Bottom three tonight was Ace, Elliott (WTF?) and Bucky. Bucky went home.

I seriously thought Ace was going tonight. He even looked resigned to the fact that he was probably going. I was kinda surprised. :lol:

Barb51850
04-12-06, 08:53 PM
I was surprised that Elliot was in the bottom 3.

JfromJersey
04-12-06, 09:11 PM
Bye Bucky.
Next week I hear they will be performing the songs of Rod Stewart.
Should be interesting.

SheffRocks11
04-12-06, 10:05 PM
Bye Bucky. :(

keg411
04-12-06, 10:24 PM
Aw... I didn't hate Bucky, I would've preferred Ace to go. But I'm not devastated either, as my favorites (Chris, Taylor, Paris) all avoided the bottom three.

I actually didn't see the episode yet (although I have it TiVo'd) -- did they do a group Queen song? I love the cheesy group numbers and I wish they did more of them (yes, I'm weird like that).

yeahimweird
04-12-06, 10:30 PM
Aw... I didn't hate Bucky, I would've preferred Ace to go. But I'm not devastated either, as my favorites (Chris, Taylor, Paris) all avoided the bottom three.

I actually didn't see the episode yet (although I have it TiVo'd) -- did they do a group Queen song? I love the cheesy group numbers and I wish they did more of them (yes, I'm weird like that).

They did a medley of Queen songs. This group actually harmonizes well together.

jlw1980
04-12-06, 10:34 PM
Bucky was better than either Kellie or Ace. People (guys) vote for Kellie because she's cute. Ugh, how NOT to judge what's supposed to be a singing competition. Ace should've been gone. Elliott didn't belong in the bottom three. It should've been Ace, Kellie, and Paris. Total crap.

Luvtino
04-12-06, 11:15 PM
The good news is that one of the contestants that went home wasn't a contender to win the whole thing. That is something I was worried about especially as Mandisa went home before her time.

Bucky was better than Ace on Tuesday and I really thought Ace's number was up, but the real shame was E being in the bottom 3. That's just wrong. It will be interesting to see if it was just a blip or if he doesn't have the fans needed to get at least to the top 5.

If things keep going in the same direction we are going to see Kellie for weeks to come as she hasn't even been in the bottom of the voting yet. It seems the site that was helping Kevin is now helping her. Great. :o

NYYBombshell
04-12-06, 11:47 PM
Kellie is still there? Ugh.

ALR83
04-13-06, 12:16 AM
For all my fellow Pickler haters. Good read. :)

http://www.votefortheworst.com/pickler.html

NYYBombshell
04-13-06, 12:23 AM
She actually asked what salmon was? OMFG. That's worse than Jessica with the "Is this chicken or tuna?" moment.

ALR83
04-13-06, 12:43 AM
She actually asked what salmon was? OMFG. That's worse than Jessica with the "Is this chicken or tuna?" moment.

I'm sorry but the best was Tuesday night when Simon said "On paper" it was a good song choice or something. And the bimbo actually went "On paperrrr? :wtf:" YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT "ON PAPER" MEANS? Come ON.

Then she said she can't understand Simon because of his accent. He's BRITISH, its not THAT HARD.

I hate this girl, she ruins the show for me. I want her ass gone. She cannot be this stupid. It's all an act and sadly America is falling for it hook, line and sinker.

yeahimweird
04-13-06, 01:10 AM
Elliott being in the bottom three was a load of bullcrap. I'm listening to his performance right now and what was America smoking? But then again, Pickler is sailing by on the dumb blonde thing. *sigh*

He was awesome. I'm seriously in love with his voice. :D

ALR83
04-13-06, 01:54 AM
It was a joke Elliot was in the bottom three.

LilChief
04-13-06, 07:11 AM
:mad: I wonder....if you call to vote for a contestant, how long can you stay on the line and keep it tied up so others cant get through? Maybe we can all call Pickleheads line and keep it busy all night without voting repeatedly...She has GOT to go!

allybear
04-13-06, 07:37 AM
LOLOL at Picklehead! :lol:

I don't understand the voters sometimes at all - I mean, Mandisa had one bad week and she was gone, and Bucky, after lots of mediocre weeks, has probably one of his best ever and he's gone. Huh?!? Well, I will miss my doggie's namesake from Rockingham, NC (I liked when they showed the track there, speaking of things I miss). And was it me or did Ace sing just as badly the second time around?!? Yikes, that was awful.

Now, next week are they allowed to sing any Rod Stewart song or does it have to be one of the "standards" off his recent albums? If so, that definitely favors Katharine and Paris because they can definitely do that. We shall see....

Trish
04-13-06, 07:38 AM
They did a medley of Queen songs. This group actually harmonizes well together.
I loved it! It was better than most of the performances on the first night.

Trish
04-13-06, 07:44 AM
Bye Bucky.
Next week I hear they will be performing the songs of Rod Stewart.
Should be interesting.
They're actually doing American standards, which Stewart has been doing on his last 4 CDs.

There would be nothing for Bucky to sing from that era. His voice has no range and is only suited for country or country/rock.

1yanks1
04-13-06, 07:48 AM
Hmm then what would Chris sing??

YankeeClemens22
04-13-06, 08:19 AM
I was disappointed Queen did not perform live....

Barb51850
04-13-06, 08:31 AM
Being a singer myself (not that it makes me an expert), IMO Elliot is the best pure singer of the group. Not only his voice - he has a good ear and his phrasing and timing are excellent. He does have a problem with stage fright, and hopefully that will pass. He is also a very sweet and humble guy. I was sad to hear that he has diabetes. I can't believe after seeing the results last night that there are people who think Kellie is a better singer that Elliot.

I'm more and more sick of Pickler as the weeks go on. Not only that phony "dumb" act, but she has to be the center of attention, and it always all about her.

krystl
04-13-06, 08:52 AM
Elliott has really grown on me.

As for the group Queen medley, I loved Taylor's solo in it. :)

keg411
04-13-06, 09:42 AM
I think I'm the only one who doesn't "get" Elliot. I mean, he has a decent voice, but he has zero stage presence. Of course, I don't get Katharine either. This is an odd season for me, because normally I like more of the "underdog" types, whereas this season, I like two of the "popular" people (Chris & Taylor).

Finally the Pickler hate comes around here! Her and Ace needed to leave over Bucky, who was actually decent and improved.

And the medley was good? I'll have to make sure it's saved on TiVo, although I'm sure it will be up somewhere. I love the medleys! They should do more, IMO.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-13-06, 10:06 AM
Back to ye trailer ya go Buck

I feel Taylor, vocally, is almost at the bottom of the pack (out of all 12). but he is the only one who has been entertaining me since day 1

NYYfan24
04-13-06, 10:13 AM
Being a singer myself (not that it makes me an expert), IMO Elliot is the best pure singer of the group. Not only his voice - he has a good ear and his phrasing and timing are excellent. He does have a problem with stage fright, and hopefully that will pass. He is also a very sweet and humble guy. I was sad to hear that he has diabetes. I can't believe after seeing the results last night that there are people who think Kellie is a better singer that Elliot.

I'm more and more sick of Pickler as the weeks go on. Not only that phony "dumb" act, but she has to be the center of attention, and it always all about her.

I know what you mean about being a singer. I too, am a singer and musician. I mostly agree with Simon. I like Elliott and am so sick of Ace and Kellie. Kellie's dumb act is really growing old.

Chesbro41
04-13-06, 10:32 AM

I think it's funny you mention the fact that he has a good ear...he's 90% deaf in one of them...makes it that much more amazing he can sing as well as he does.

yankeefreak04
04-13-06, 11:29 AM
Hmm then what would Chris sing??

Actually, I have heard a couple of those 4 albums and Eric Clapton does a duet of "Blue Moon" on there with Stewart that I think Chris could pull off...

Barb51850
04-13-06, 12:26 PM
I think it's funny you mention the fact that he has a good ear...he's 90% deaf in one of them...makes it that much more amazing he can sing as well as he does.

I didn't know that!! That is amazing.

ritaylnil
04-14-06, 12:22 AM
ok, my turn:

Taylor makes me smile when I watch him...does that make me gay?

Yes. ;)

DanB
04-14-06, 06:50 AM
Yes. ;)
:P:P:P:P:P

ritaylnil
04-14-06, 07:36 AM
:P:P:P:P:P

Not that there's anything wrong with that! Not at all!

gdn
04-14-06, 08:46 AM
I like Taylor too! NTTAWWI.

Slavenka
04-15-06, 03:07 AM
I guess I'm pulling for Elliot. Everything Chris sings sounds the same, although I did like his eye makeup last week. And him and Katherine have this air of arrogance, which I don't like for an American Idol. I think I'm at the point where Kellie is now funny to me- I'm kinda hoping they keep her around the next weeks just to make fun of her. I missed Wed. show, but I didn't enjoy how most butchered Queen on Tuesday. I'm still waiting to get wowed. Maybe next week is the week!

SheffRocks11
04-15-06, 04:36 PM
I like Taylor too! NTTAWWI.

me too! but i'm a girl...

RhodeyYankee2638
04-15-06, 07:12 PM
but I didn't enjoy how most butchered Queen on Tuesday. I'm still waiting to get wowed. Maybe next week is the week!

I somewhat agree. Taylor was entertaing, as was Chris, but they weren't very good. Freddie Mercury has such an amazing and unique voice, its pointless to even try to copy it. MTV2 came out with a pretty good list of the 50 greatest vocalists of all time, and he came in 2nd behind Mariah Carey. When Constantine did Bohemian Rhapsody last year, people thought he was incredible, while I thought it was one of the worst performances I had ever seen on AI.

Barb51850
04-15-06, 09:22 PM
MTV2 came out with a pretty good list of the 50 greatest vocalists of all time, and he came in 2nd behind Mariah Carey.

WHAT??!! :confused: Who contributed to this list??!!! Mariah Carey # 1??

RhodeyYankee2638
04-15-06, 09:31 PM

she is definitly one of the best ever, she can reach octaves no one else can come close to

Barb51850
04-15-06, 10:45 PM
she is definitly one of the best ever, she can reach octaves no one else can come close to

Yes, she has a good range. That doesn't make her a good singer. She also has that bad habit of doing all those vocal gymnastics on every single note she sings. She has no sense of timing, phrasing or dynamics.

I once saw Mariah Carey and Aretha Franklin on stage together. Mariah would hit a high note, and Aretha would sing higher. Mariah would sing a low note, and Aretha would sing lower. I loved it!

gdn
04-16-06, 07:14 AM
I somewhat agree. Taylor was entertaing, as was Chris, but they weren't very good. Freddie Mercury has such an amazing and unique voice, its pointless to even try to copy it. MTV2 came out with a pretty good list of the 50 greatest vocalists of all time, and he came in 2nd behind Mariah Carey. When Constantine did Bohemian Rhapsody last year, people thought he was incredible, while I thought it was one of the worst performances I had ever seen on AI.That's the problem with having to do Queen songs. It's impossible. You just cannot replicate the magic that was Freddie Mercury's voice.

JfromJersey
04-16-06, 01:58 PM

Here is the list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV's_22_Greatest_Voices_in_Music (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV%27s_22_Greatest_Voices_in_Music)

It's supposed to only apply to contemporary singers (last 25 years). So what's Nat King Cole (who died in 1965) doing there? As for Mariah, I agree with you that she couldn't hold a candle to some of the greats, like Aretha, Sarah Vaughan, and Ella Fitzgerald.

ritaylnil
04-16-06, 07:09 PM
When Constantine did Bohemian Rhapsody last year, people thought he was incredible, while I thought it was one of the worst performances I had ever seen on AI.

I thought it was just me! I couldn't stand Corny's butchering of that song!

krystl
04-16-06, 07:19 PM
I hated Corny, but honestly that was the only performance of his that didn't make me wanna :barf:

RhodeyYankee2638
04-16-06, 07:33 PM

I remember Simon complemented him, then the next night said it sounded like kareokee when he watched it back. It was abysmal

keg411
04-16-06, 10:32 PM
I remember Simon complemented him, then the next night said it sounded like kareokee when he watched it back. It was abysmal

Actually Simon called it "astonishing" that night, and the next night clarified to say that mean he "pulled it off". I didn't completely hate Constantine as much as others(although he definitely couldn't sing), but that performance wasn't all bad. Of course it wasn't all good either -- it was more... weird.

And yes, my braincells are definitely wasted on remembering waaaay too much about this show.

yeahimweird
04-18-06, 08:59 PM
Tonight was pretty good overall.

Pickler sucked ass, and should at least be in the bottom three. Fat chance of that happening though. :o

RhodeyYankee2638
04-18-06, 09:02 PM
Ok ok, Pickler is definitly faking the dumb blonde angle. Did Rod Stewart really have to explain to her what lyrics were?

gdn
04-18-06, 09:04 PM
Ace was the :barf:

RhodeyYankee2638
04-18-06, 09:12 PM
btw, who saw the Taylor Hicks impression on SNL. It was hilarious: "Yes, the carpet matches the drapes. SOUL PATROL!!!"

yeahimweird
04-18-06, 09:18 PM
btw, who saw the Taylor Hicks impression on SNL. It was hilarious: "Yes, the carpet matches the drapes. SOUL PATROL!!!"

That was pretty funny.

Luvtino
04-18-06, 09:20 PM
Tonight was very enjoyable and entertaining. Bravo!! :gulp:

Kellie was by far the worst one tonight and even she knew she was awful. I would love to see her sent packing, but being in the bottom 3 would at least be a start in the right direction.

Katherine was incredible. Absolutely stellar. I also thought Chris was impressive. Nice to see him show everyone that he can handle more than one style of music and very well at that. Taylor was enjoyable as always.

Ace doesn't have the vocal chops of some of those left, but he did a nice job. He could still go home. Paris was vg and I liked this look for her. Big improvement over last week although she could still be in danger this week. I am a wee bit worried about E even though he sang so well. It will be a shame if he goes home before Kellie and Ace.

keg411
04-18-06, 09:52 PM
Paris, Chris and Taylor were the best.

Elliot was boring. Katharine was overrated.

Ace and Pickler sucked. Wish they could kick both of them off. Too bad Kellie's fan base is huge and way more talented people will probably leave before her. Yuck.

OxDiesel
04-18-06, 09:53 PM
I've heard many people say the talent level of this season is possibly the best ever. They proved it tonight, going 6 deep in quality performances. Here's the rundown...

Daughtry -- I've said it before, I'll say it again. Chris is, without question, the class of this group. He's proven week after week that he can take ANYTHING, even "What A Wonderful World", and fit it into his style. Granted, some artists already did it for him :P , but he's one hell of a performer. He was his usual showstopper self until about 10 of 9.
Grade: A

Taylor the Hick -- I was actually enjoying him this week. Really, I was... right up until the last 30 seconds when he spazzed out on stage. I just don't get it; I just don't see what people find endearing or entertaining about him. It's like watching Jim from American Pie act like Band Camp Petey. At least the SNL writers agree with me that the guy is a complete wreck.
Grade: B+ (even I'm not short-sighted enough to realize that he can play)

Paris -- When sh'e sin her element, she's one of the best. But this ain't winning the tournament. I don't know what the hell Paula was thinking when she told her that a CD release of her doing jazz would "blow up". Jazz records may go gold, but if Paris goes down that road, she won't go platinum. Then again, I never know what the hell Paula is thinking...

Elliott -- Seriously, dude, enough already. He might be the most UNcomfortable Idol finalist in history. I get nervous just watching him. At least he didn't hold the mike with both hands this week.

Pickler -- Could she have picked a more apprpriate song? BBB pretty much sums up her season on Idol. And did she REALLY say "Huh?" when Stewart was talking about the lyrics on the page. Wow. Just.... wow. Seriously, stop it. Watching her do a vocal rape of BBB was just the icing on the cake.

Ace -- As ridiculous as I thought he was last week, that's how good I thought he was tonight. Excellent comeback after last week's disaster. Nice job taking advantage of his second life. (although, by now, he's probably up to about 5 or 6)
Grade: B-

McPhee -- THE SHOWSTOPPER. I was all set to crown Daughtry until Kat walked out. Simply amazing. My personal finale would have her matching up with Chris.
Grade: A+

MY Bottom 3: Tough night to choose 3 bad ones, but it's Pickler, Elliott and Ace.

Predicted -- Pickler, Paris and Elliott

My Elimination: Elliott

Predicted -- Elliott

JfromJersey
04-19-06, 12:42 AM
The only truly bad performance was Pickler.
Chris, Paris, and Katherine were outstanding.
Taylor was boring until he juiced up the ending.
Elliot might have the purest voice of anyone, but he just isn't a natural performer.
Ace probably has the weakest voice, but he was pretty good tonight.
If there's any justice, Kellie will go tomorrow, but I get the feeling she will get some sympathy votes and will hang around.

Slavenka
04-19-06, 12:50 AM
I'm happy I tivo-ed because this was one of my favorite weeks. I wonder whether it was better because the theme was standards?

Judges: I can’t stand Randy and his so-called slang. And Paula is a complete waste (and this disappoints me because as a kid I loved her).

Chris and Katherine: They were really good, definitely front-runners. But there is something I don’t like about them, I just can’t put my finger on it. Maybe they just seem too comfortable and trained? It’s like a told a class once: “you’re boring me, show me what yous really got.”

Ace: Was that K-fed?! lol! And I can’t believe Rod Stewart said he was good. Was he a good helper (or whatever they’re considered)?

Kellie: Was Simon easier on her than other contestants (in this season so far)? I know he picked her for the final three a couple weeks ago, but come on.

Elliot: Still my favorite. He did a good job and has a good stage personality - but those teeth, ugh!

ALR83
04-19-06, 02:01 AM
Bimbo sucked and that's all I care about!

allybear
04-19-06, 07:37 AM
I missed it :( , so I'm glad to catch up a little. I'm really glad to hear Chris did well - I was kind of worried about him, given the theme. I figured Katherine, Taylor to a certain extent and Paris would do well on standards - I'm surprised Elliott didn't do better and that a few people said Ace did well. No surprise that Kellie didn't do well, though, but I still think she'll stick around awhile longer, like it or not.

Luvtino
04-19-06, 09:55 AM
I missed it :( , so I'm glad to catch up a little. I'm really glad to hear Chris did well - I was kind of worried about him, given the theme. I figured Katherine, Taylor to a certain extent and Paris would do well on standards - I'm surprised Elliott didn't do better and that a few people said Ace did well. No surprise that Kellie didn't do well, though, but I still think she'll stick around awhile longer, like it or not.

Kellie was so bad that after the song she grimaced and then said that she butchered it. Of course she then apologized 100 times and played the cute card once again. Oy. Rod Stewart brings up the word lyrics a in practice and she looks at him like he has 10 heads. I didn't buy that as she has been singing for years. The dumb act has worn itself out, but I agree that she is sticking around.

Ace had his hair slicked back. I like it better loose. ;)

krystl
04-19-06, 09:59 AM
I must have a REALLY bad ear for music. I actually thouht Kellie did ok. Oh well. I don't like Paris, but I think it was an excellent song choice for her. She did well.
I am one of those who find Taylor endearing. I love when he spazzes out! I was hoping he would add some Taylor pizazz to the song and he did. :)
I wish I had seen the SNL skit about him.

I love Chris and thought he did a nice job proving he's not one dimensional.

Katharine, IMO, will walk away with the whole thing. She and Chris will be the top 2 I think.

TinoFan84
04-19-06, 10:02 AM
I'm thinking tonight's bottom 3 SHOULD be (may not actually be but in my opinion should be):

Kellie
Ace
Elliott

with Ace going home ...

jlw1980
04-19-06, 01:39 PM
Kellie should go home. She was awful...AGAIN. :barf:

Ace sucked again, too, even though Simon actually said he was OK.

Everybody else was good. Katharine was the best. I love Taylor, too. And though I don't normally like Paris, I thought she was very good. Chris was very good, too. Elliott was OK.

JfromJersey
04-19-06, 03:34 PM
According to DialIdol, Ace should be going home tonight.
It also shockingly has Chris and Paris in the bottom 3.
Elliott looks safe.
Taylor again looks to be the top vote getter. I think he's way overrated.

gdn
04-19-06, 03:45 PM
Ace was the absolute worst (with Paris a close second). Katherine was pretty damn good and the rest should be safe.

Trish
04-19-06, 05:07 PM
I really enjoyed last night, but that's some of my favorite music to listen to. I was pleasantly surprised, and only disliked Kellie. Actually, dislike is too weak a word. I thought it was abysmal, and Rodgers and Hart must have been rolling in their graves.

#1PaFan
04-19-06, 06:02 PM
I thought it was abysmal, and Rodgers and Hart must have been rolling in their graves.

Hopefully, they didn't roll right into Mickey, Blondie.

DanB
04-19-06, 06:03 PM
Although Paris isn't always my favorite, she has nailed the vocal styles of Gladys Knight, Beyonce, Freddy Mercury, and especially Billie Holliday. She gets into the role that she is playing all at the age of what? 18? She is the most versatile contestant still around. For those that didn't like her performance, listen to some old vinyls of Billie...you should see what I'm talking about.

Kellie needs to go

Ace wasn't that good...if he wants to do well he really needs to showcase his falsetto more

Elliot was boring

Taylor was boring until the middle

Chris was really good

Katherine was really good as well, but I don't think she was that much better than Chris...

I really enjoyed this week because for the most part the contestants showed their appreciation for good music. You can tell Paris, Taylor, Chris, Kat all know music...I think Bucky would have been LLMF this week.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-19-06, 08:30 PM
According to DialIdol, Ace should be going home tonight.
It also shockingly has Chris and Paris in the bottom 3.
Elliott looks safe.
Taylor again looks to be the top vote getter. I think he's way overrated.

well dialidol looks to be pretty accurate

#1PaFan
04-19-06, 08:32 PM
Adios, Ace. :gulp:

SheffRocks11
04-19-06, 09:20 PM
I have to say good ridance (sp?) to Ace.

BYE

yeahimweird
04-19-06, 09:21 PM
I've been a supporter of Ace's throughout the show, so tonight was kind of bittersweet for me.

I'm glad he got to go out on a performance he could feel good about. He handled the whole thing very well.

surge511
04-19-06, 09:32 PM
Who were the other 2 people in the bottom 3? Sorry, I missed the episode

Barb51850
04-19-06, 09:34 PM
Who were the other 2 people in the bottom 3? Sorry, I missed the episode

Ace and Chris. I could not believe Chris was in the bottom 3 and Kellie was in the top 3.

(I was happy to see Elliott in the top 3 though).

keg411
04-19-06, 09:40 PM
At least Ace went, but Chris and Paris in the bottom three over Kellie and Elliot?? Yuck.

I thought Chris had it locked up, but it looks like the winner might actually be Kellie Pickler this season. Although Taylor hasn't been in the bottom three either and I wouldn't mind if he won. Just not Elliot, Kat and Kellie, please!

surge511
04-19-06, 09:40 PM
Ace and Chris. I could not believe Chris was in the bottom 3 and Kellie was in the top 3.

(I was happy to see Elliott in the top 3 though).

It was Ace, Chris, and who? Sorry. And it was in fact Ace who was voted off, correct?

Nevermind, I just figured it out, thanks.

Big_E
04-19-06, 10:00 PM
At least Ace went, but Chris and Paris in the bottom three over Kellie and Elliot?? Yuck.

I thought Chris had it locked up, but it looks like the winner might actually be Kellie Pickler this season. Although Taylor hasn't been in the bottom three either and I wouldn't mind if he won. Just not Elliot, Kat and Kellie, please!

Pickler? Ugh. Catch McPheever! I want either Katharine or Taylor to win.

Barb51850
04-19-06, 10:10 PM

For me, it's ABP - ANYBODY but Pickler!! :barf:

keg411
04-19-06, 10:30 PM

I don't like Kat. She's too inconsistent. "Come Rain or Come Shine" and another song I can't remember were good, but "Think" and "The Voice Within" were horrid. She's a very pretty girl, but I guess I just don't see the whole "Star!" thing there.

My picks are Taylor, Paris and Chris, none of which I think are going to win :(. And Taylor is the only one I think has a shot after tonight.

ALR83
04-19-06, 11:34 PM
I thought Chris had it locked up, but it looks like the winner might actually be Kellie Pickler this season.

If Pickler wins this they should just end the show right there. That would be a complete JOKE.

How her sorry dumb as rocks ass wasn't even in the bottom three is beyond me.

jlw1980
04-19-06, 11:52 PM
Good grief!!!! WHO ARE THE F*CKING IDIOTS WHO ARE VOTING FOR THAT ANNOYING DUMBASS, KELLIE?!?! Even she admitted that she was absolutely horrid last night. How she didn't get voted off, and even escaped the bottom three, is beyond me. Could it be rigged? Seriously, whoever said that the whole show is a joke if she wins was spot on. It's all ready a joke that she's made it this far. It's insane. As soon as she was put in the same group with Katharine, I knew something was insanely wrong. What I want to know is, who is she screwing?? :barf: :looking: :wtf: :o

On a side note, hallelujah that Ace is gone! :cheer:

And yay for Taylor and Katharine, my faves! :gulp:

JfromJersey
04-20-06, 12:04 AM
It's pretty hard to believe that Chris was in the bottom 3. He really hasn't had genres that showcase his strengths the past few weeks. The other thing I'm thinking, is that if Kellie Pickler was in the top group of vote getters after yesterday's dreadful performance, she just might go pretty far..like top 3..:eek:

rock
04-20-06, 03:18 AM
The voters usually get it right at the end. However with Pickler never even being in the bottom 3, I am getting nervous and think she may actually win this.
Hopefully Taylor, who I think also has never been in the bottom 3, has the votes to beat her.

Big_E
04-20-06, 05:32 AM
I don't like Kat. She's too inconsistent. "Come Rain or Come Shine" and another song I can't remember were good, but "Think" and "The Voice Within" were horrid. She's a very pretty girl, but I guess I just don't see the whole "Star!" thing there..
Really? I think she's been great almost every week!

allybear
04-20-06, 07:40 AM
I'm just glad Ace finally went - better late than never (sorry Ace fans, but I was still peeved that he didn't go after that dreadful version of "We Will Rock You"). Anyway, it's getting really interesting now...I am amazed Kellie didn't make the bottom three - I don't hate her as much as a lot of you, but honestly, at this point everyone else is just better than she is, the looks can only carry her so far (I hope!)

Barb51850
04-20-06, 08:47 AM
Good grief!!!! WHO ARE THE F*CKING IDIOTS WHO ARE VOTING FOR THAT ANNOYING DUMBASS, KELLIE?!?! Even she admitted that she was absolutely horrid last night. How she didn't get voted off, and even escaped the bottom three, is beyond me. Could it be rigged? Seriously, whoever said that the whole show is a joke if she wins was spot on. It's all ready a joke that she's made it this far. It's insane. As soon as she was put in the same group with Katharine, I knew something was insanely wrong. What I want to know is, who is she screwing?? :barf: :looking: :wtf: :o

On a side note, hallelujah that Ace is gone! :cheer:

And yay for Taylor and Katharine, my faves! :gulp:

I have a feeling that Bucky's votes went to Kellie.

buckyjacobson
04-20-06, 11:15 AM
Paula must be upset to see Ace go. She seemed to have a little crush. (In fairness, he must be a pretty goodlooking guy. Because even I (a guy) can tell that he's goodlooking.)

Now if Kelly loses, I think everybody left will have a lot of talent.

Why do you think Paris has been near the bottom so many times? I think she may be the most talented singer left (except maybe Katherine). I don't think she's a pop star, though, so maybe it's that simple. I haven't seen the show before, though. I don't know.

KLJ
04-20-06, 11:39 AM
i'm one of the few that like kelly..

paris does nothing for me and i'm looking for her to exit next show

BTK51
04-20-06, 12:28 PM
Well you're not one of the few because she's never in the bottom three. I actually like her too and think that she has talent. Most of the venom against her is for her "Dumb innocent blonde" act.

I think that in the long term, Paris might be have the best voice but is just a little too young.

JfromJersey
04-20-06, 05:32 PM
I have a feeling that Bucky's votes went to Kellie.

How many past AI winners were from the South?

ritaylnil
04-20-06, 05:34 PM
I deplore Kellie's fake dumb blonde thing; however, I more deplore the fact that she sucks vocally. It boggles the mind that there are people who think she can sing! (BTW, her looks are a dime a dozen!) Don't forget that she's getting tons of votes spawned by votefortheworst ! That's the same website that kept Scott Savol around last hear for so long. (I read yesterday he's releasing a c.d.! :eek: )

I have gone through this anxiety before when pitiful finalists stick around longer than they should and I start to fear they'll win the whole thing. In the end, I have also been okay with the winner. It's not always been my first choice, but I could live with it. Remember, all those Ace fans are not likely to start throwing their votes to Kellie Pickler. I think that Chris and Elliot may benefit from a lot of them. Each week that someone's eliminated, all of those votes go to someone else. I doubt at this point any of those blocks of votes will go to Pickler.

This year, I can live with anyone winning this except Kellie. My preference for top 3 is Taylor, Katharine, and Chris, with Chris winning it all.

ritaylnil
04-20-06, 05:35 PM
How many past AI winners were from the South?

All of them.:scared:

Kelly Clarkson--Texas (I guess that's more Southwest :dunno: )
Ruben Studdard--Alabama (Runner up Clay Aiken is from North Carolina.)
Fantasia--I'm thinking she is also from North Carolina.
Carrie Underwood--Oklahoma, I think...is that considered the South?

rock
04-20-06, 08:04 PM
Bo Bice and Diana Degarmo were also from the south. So that is good news for Chris, Kellie, and Taylor. Don't know which northerners have done the best?

RhodeyYankee2638
04-20-06, 08:06 PM
Bo Bice and Diana Degarmo were also from the south. So that is good news for Chris, Kellie, and Taylor. Don't know which northerners have done the best?

HAHA Justin Guarini

whoops, nevermind, he's from the south too

allybear
04-21-06, 07:31 AM
All of them.:scared:

Kelly Clarkson--Texas (I guess that's more Southwest :dunno: )
Ruben Studdard--Alabama (Runner up Clay Aiken is from North Carolina.)
Fantasia--I'm thinking she is also from North Carolina.
Carrie Underwood--Oklahoma, I think...is that considered the South?

I believe Fantasia is from North Carolina - I know the only thing I've seen her do since she won is sing the National Anthem before NASCAR races.

I'd say Carrie counts as the South, simply because Oklahoma is kinda southern and western, but she's a country singer, so that counts. :lol:

JfromJersey
04-21-06, 12:35 PM
So if geographical history is any indicator, Kellie will be with us for a while, especially getting that many votes after a lousy performance.

VFBundy
04-23-06, 10:43 AM
So if geographical history is any indicator, Kellie will be with us for a while, especially getting that many votes after a lousy performance.Sort of sounds like George W. Bush.

Sorry...I couldn't resist. :P

NYYfan24
04-25-06, 02:21 PM
I am really looking forward to tonight's show. Love Andrea Bocelli! I think Katharine and Elliott will do great! :D

IronCaballo4
04-25-06, 02:22 PM
I am really looking forward to tonight's show. Love Andrea Bocelli! I think Katharine and Elliott will do great! :D

I agree that Katharine is gonna kick butt. Not so sure about Elliott though. But we'll see!

Luvtino
04-25-06, 02:48 PM
Katharine might go first tonight as she went last last week. That worries me a bit as going first sometimes hurts the contestants. It might have been a factor in Chris being in the bottom 3 last week. We all need to give Katharine some votes tonight to be sure she stays in this competition.

One thing that bugs me is it seems some of the contestants never go first while others have gone first more than once. I really think they should have to take turns so it keeps things fair.

IronCaballo4
04-25-06, 07:11 PM
the judges may not have liked how Katharine did tonight.....but man she looked FOINE!

woo! :D

Luvtino
04-25-06, 07:23 PM
the judges may not have liked how Katharine did tonight.....but man she looked FOINE!

woo! :D

You have to vote a lot for her tonight. :D If she leaves before some of the others it will be a disgrace. :( Paris is someone

And now Paula is freakin' sobbing over E. Make it stop. :eek:

RhodeyYankee2638
04-25-06, 07:24 PM
Paula needs to lay off the booze

Luvtino
04-25-06, 07:36 PM
If the judges liked Kellie's performance I was going to stop watching the show. That was awful. I did feel bad for her when she was done as she looked crushed.

ChocolateGirl
04-25-06, 07:39 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I haven't posted in this thread since Mandisa has been given an early exit on American Idol. I thought she should have been the top last 3 contestants because she was the best singer on the show period. Having said that, the girl I am rooting for is Paris and the boy I am rooting for is Elliot. Right now, I think Paris and Elliot are the best vocal singers in this competition hands down.

gdn
04-25-06, 07:50 PM
Taylor was okay...

RhodeyYankee2638
04-25-06, 08:02 PM
Kellie Pickler has some balls attempting Bohemian Rhapsody and Unchained Melody on 1 season. Hopefully shes gone

Luvtino
04-25-06, 08:04 PM
I thought tonight would be better than it was. Seemed a few were very nervous. Chris was my fave, but E was also vg. They stood out tonight. Katharine was good, but not great. Paris was decent, but it wasn't her best night nor was it Taylor's. Kellie was by far the worst of the group, but chances are she won't even be in the bottom 3. I hope I am wrong on that one. She really deserves to go.

Barb51850
04-25-06, 08:07 PM
Here's my review:

Kellie - Beyond terrible!! If she is not in the bottom 3 tomorrow night I will throw something at my TV.

Katherine - I was disappointed in her. She was trying too hard and it was way over the top.

Paris - She was good, but she had the same problem as Katherine tonight - Too over the top, and too "show-offey"

Elliott - Stole the show. He is the best pure singer in the competition, and tonight he proved it.

Chris - Excellent, although IMO Elliott was better.

Taylor - Started off just so-so, but ended well.

Best - Elliott, with Chris a close second.

Sillycon
04-25-06, 08:23 PM
Can someone tell me what the last few songs were?

OxDiesel
04-25-06, 08:38 PM
Can someone tell me what the last few songs were?

Pickler tried Unchained Melody.
Taylor sang Just Once.
Chris performed Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman.

Yes, there IS a difference between those 3 descriptions.
More on that later...

Luvtino
04-25-06, 09:18 PM
Paris could be in trouble given the fact that she was in the bottom 3 the last few weeks. Tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

jlw1980
04-25-06, 09:32 PM
Simon to Kellie:

"I thought it was like the never-ending song, to be honest." :lol: :lol:

keg411
04-25-06, 09:45 PM
Kellie was atrocious. Chris was the best. Paris went in the middle and while she did well, I love her and therefore voted for more than a few minutes. Taylor disappointed. Elliot sang well, but he still has no personality. Katharine was incredibly forgettable and that song is waaaay too overdone on Idol and tends to get the same "too mature" comments from Simon.

Nowhere near as good as Standards week, but only Kellie outright sucked.

surge511
04-25-06, 09:50 PM
So many bad performances in a row might put Kellie in the bottom 3 for the first time...

jlw1980
04-25-06, 10:04 PM
I didn't think Katharine was as bad as the judges said she was. I rather liked her, actually. I voted once for her. I don't think she was trying to say, "I'm as good as Whitney Houston." If that's true, then anyone who sings a song made famous by someone else is trying to say the same thing. She was also stunningly beautiful tonight. As a chick, I was thinking, YOWZA. Great voice, gorgeous figure, and hair, and face...lovely smile. She is way hotter than that dumbass, Pickler, who needs to be pickled, chewed up, and spit out.

:clap: All I can say is Elliott is the bomb. He may not have the looks, like Chris, but he has a hot, hot, hot voice. I'm scared, though...I've all ready gotten through 12 times for him. Vote for Elliott!

Whoever said that Paula needs to lay off the booze...LMAO! That's what I was thinking. I said aloud, to myself, "She is a f*cking nutcase." Did you see Simon laughing while she sat there and cried? It was g-ddammed hilarious! :-rofl-: :-rofl-:

As usual, Pickler = :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:
Unchained Melody is one of my favorite songs of all time. When I heard that's what she would sing, I almost turned off the TV. I wish I had. If she doesn't leave this week, well, I have no respect for American voters. Yikes. :o :eek:

Paris = meh. The judges thought Katharine was trying to show she was as good as Whitney, but wasn't. Well, Paris was trying to be Barbra. Uh, no. Sorry. I think Paris was screwed tonight, actually, no matter what song she chose. She's 17; what does she know of love? Nothing. At least she was wise enough to admit as much.

I wasn't impressed with Taylor tonight. I normally like him a lot, but tonight wasn't his night. He sounded off tonight.

Chris was very good. And he's still sexy as hell...very easy on the eyes.

My order, from best to worst:
Elliott, Chris, Katharine, Taylor, Paris, Kellie

ChocolateGirl
04-25-06, 10:41 PM
My order, from best to worst:
Elliott, Chris, Katharine, Taylor, Paris, Kellie

Tonight was Taylor's his worst performance and he is usually good. Paris did better than both Taylor and Katherine IMO. My order would be: Elliot, Chris, Paris, Taylor, Katherine, Kellie.

I have a feeling that the 3 girls would be in the bottom 3 tomorrow. :uhh: Hopefully with Kellie leaving. She has way overstayed her time. :o

JfromJersey
04-25-06, 10:51 PM
Kat didn't deserve the harsh criticism of the judges. I think if she wasn't on first she would have gotten better reviews.

Elliott's vocals are so effortless and natural. He doesn't force anything, and even though he doesn't have pizzazz, he never seems to lose control of what he sings and how he sings. He was good, but Paula Abdul's reaction was nothing short of embarrassing.

Kellie is in way over her head at this point. If she makes it out of this round there is no justice in the world.

Paris chose the wrong song tonight. I just don't see her making a great impression with a Streisand song, but she really didn't do a bad job.

Taylor was pretty bad tonight. Not Pickler bad, but I thought it was the second worse performance.

Chris was good, but I hate to say this..he's becoming a bit boring and predictable.

Barb51850
04-25-06, 10:51 PM
. :uhh: Hopefully with Kellie leaving. She has way overstayed her time. :o

She's like that guy Scott from last year. I thought he would NEVER leave!!

OxDiesel
04-25-06, 10:52 PM
Okay, I've kept you all waiting long enough. Here we go...

Kat -- If she had sang as well as she looked tonight, she would have been the showstopper. I don't understand why these girls keep trying to do Whitney, cuz none of them hold a candle. And that's coming from a Whitney-hater.

Elliott -- I REALLY can't stand Elliott. WAYYYY too nervous & dorky. He sounded nervous just talking to Seacrest. But a funny thing happened once the music hit.... he actually snapped out of it. Without question, his best performance so far. I'll give credit where credit's due, and he was ready tonight. Let's see about next week, though...
Grade: A

Paris -- I think I've figured out Paris's problem... she's 17. And because of her age, she sounds like she's OVERsinging everything. Tonight was no exception. If anything, it helped prove it is the rule. And, unfortunately, she might not get a chance to redeem herself.
Grade: C-

Pickler -- Seriously, Kellie, enough already. Did ANYBODY understand what-in-the-blue-hell she was talking during the pre-interview? Just watching her makes me dumber. I have hated her from Day 1, and, judging by the audience's reaction tonight, it seems as if everyone else has finally had it, too. I can't be the only one who noticed that NOBODY booed while the judges trashed her. Despite all that, she'll still find her way into next week's show. She's worse than a cockroach.

Taylor -- Maybe it's just me, but I actually like him when he's "boring". It was nice to just hear him sing for a change instead of watching him spaz out. That's not entertaining, it's distracting. It certainly wasn't his best, but it's the first time I've liked him in weeks. But like I said, I guess it's just me...

Chris -- Once again, THE SHOWSTOPPER. There's Chris, then there's everyone else about 10 paces behind him. For at least the 5th time this year, Chris was the main event. My first reaction after hearing his choice was "Why not 'Heaven'?", but he didn't just sing tonight, he performed. Nice touch with the side-by-side acoustics, too. That's what makes this guy so great. It really is a shame that he won't win; I just don't think he has the overall support. But, hey -- anyone who can make a lameass Bryan Adams song cool is still destined for stardom.
Grade: A++

MY Bottom 3 -- Kat, Paris, Pickler
Predicted -- SAME

MY Elimination: Pickler
Predicted: Paris

OxDiesel
04-25-06, 10:57 PM
Chris was good, but I hate to say this..he's becoming a bit boring and predictable. :eek:

You bite your tongue. Right now. ;)

JfromJersey
04-25-06, 11:10 PM
According to the dial idol website:

The guys are in the top 3, and the gals in the bottom.

I just can't see how Taylor is on top again. This was one of his poorer showings.

JfromJersey
04-25-06, 11:16 PM
:eek:

You bite your tongue. Right now. ;)

Chris is still my top guy. He just hasn't blown me away in recent weeks.
Chris and Elliott are the 2 guys, I really enjoy listening to. Taylor is way overrated.

krystl
04-25-06, 11:20 PM
Is it me, or have the stylists really worked with Elliot? He was so dorky and unattractive in the beginning and now he's actually kinda hot. :ga-ga:

Barb51850
04-25-06, 11:23 PM
Is it me, or have the stylists really worked with Elliot? He was so dorky and unattractive in the beginning and now he's actually kinda hot. :ga-ga:

It's not you. When I saw him tonight, I said to myself "When did he get so cute??!!"

JfromJersey
04-25-06, 11:30 PM

Whatever they did with him has been very subtle. He didn't suddenly turn from a frog into a prince, but he's dressing more stylishly, and he has a lot more confidence, and looks more comfortable on stage than he did earlier.

rock
04-25-06, 11:44 PM
Pickler has got to go! Has she even had a decent performance this year? I thought Katherine was pretty good even though the judges didn't like her. I noticed her dress almost popped open when she was walking.

ALR83
04-26-06, 01:08 AM
It's not you. When I saw him tonight, I said to myself "When did he get so cute??!!"

Same here! He blew me away tonight. He was fantastic.

I liked Kat even though the judges didn't. Obviously taking on Whitney is pretty much impossible, but I thought she did a good job considering. As usual I loved Chris. And Taylor was good also. I'm just not a fan of Paris, she doesn't do it for me.

Again I got my wish, Pickler blew. But again I won't get my second wish, that the bimbo is gooone. She was beyond awful tonight. Ruined one of my favorite songs. But I guess it's okay and we should pity her because she doesn't "have anyone to play pottery with." :mad:

Slavenka
04-26-06, 07:50 AM
According to the dial idol website:

I think you should spoil posts on dialidol since they have a record of being pretty much right on.

Slavenka
04-26-06, 07:56 AM
Here's my review:

Kellie - Beyond terrible!! If she is not in the bottom 3 tomorrow night I will throw something at my TV.

Katherine - I was disappointed in her. She was trying too hard and it was way over the top.

Paris - She was good, but she had the same problem as Katherine tonight - Too over the top, and too "show-offey"

Elliott - Stole the show. He is the best pure singer in the competition, and tonight he proved it.

Chris - Excellent, although IMO Elliott was better.

Taylor - Started off just so-so, but ended well.

Best - Elliott, with Chris a close second.

lol, I agree on all counts! Thanks for saving me some typing.:)
Although there's something about Kat (and Chris to a lesser extent) I don't like. And even though she looked beautiful tonight, she should not have worn underwear with that dress, or if she didn't, then it was flattering on her waist. And speaking of looks, I hate Paris' hair like that, she needs to see another stylist asap.

NYYfan24
04-26-06, 08:36 AM
I really don't understand the judges' comments that with Kat singing Whitney is saying she is as good as Whitney...Does that mean that Paris was saying she's as good as Babs and so on?

Why is it that they only compared Kat to Whitney and not the others to the originals? Don't get me wrong I loved Whitney in her hayday...but I thought Kat was very good with that song last night. If you judged her on her singing...not comparing her to Whitney.

Hopefully, it's buh-bye Kellie, but I think it will be the end of the road for Paris.

yeahimweird
04-26-06, 10:13 AM
Elliott was outstanding and Chris was pretty good, too.

I thought everyone else was mediocre to god awful. Please don't even START me on Pickler's slaughtering of Unchained Melody. :barf:

TinoFan84
04-26-06, 10:45 AM
Please don't even START me on Pickler's slaughtering of Unchained Melody. :barf:

Oh, it THAT what she was singing??? :lol:

Seriously, I hope she goes, I really, really do but I won't be surprised if it's Taylor tonight.

I love Chris.

Kat's dress was NOT flattering on her at all IMHO, made her look WAY too hippy

IronCaballo4
04-26-06, 12:14 PM
]

I thought she looked gooooooooood :D

JfromJersey
04-26-06, 01:55 PM

Seriously, I hope she goes, I really, really do but I won't be surprised if it's Taylor tonight

I would.
In fact I'd be shocked, since he's always in the top group regardless of how he performs.
Kellie could freeze on stage, forget the lyrics and pass gas to the music, and still survive to the next round.
I predict Paris will leave tonight.

jlw1980
04-26-06, 03:34 PM
She's like that guy Scott from last year. I thought he would NEVER leave!!

Even Savol wasn't as annoying and plain g-dawful as Kellie is.

ALR83
04-26-06, 03:35 PM
I really don't understand the judges' comments that with Kat singing Whitney is saying she is as good as Whitney...Does that mean that Paris was saying she's as good as Babs and so on?

Why is it that they only compared Kat to Whitney and not the others to the originals? Don't get me wrong I loved Whitney in her hayday...but I thought Kat was very good with that song last night. If you judged her on her singing...not comparing her to Whitney.

Good point, I never even thought of it.

I know I won't get my wish tonight that Kellie leaves, but I'll take her in the bottom 3 for a start. :lol:

krystl
04-26-06, 03:46 PM
Even Savol wasn't as annoying and plain g-dawful as Kellie is.
Scott had zero personality.

jlw1980
04-26-06, 03:50 PM
Kellie could freeze on stage, forget the lyrics and pass gas to the music, and still survive to the next round.

So true. And why? Why? I want to know why! LOL. She's really not that good-looking - certainly not enough to make up for her consistently rotten performances. I'm betting Paris will go tonight, but even though Paris wasn't great, Kellie was much worse. She butchered one of my favorite songs.

jlw1980
04-26-06, 03:51 PM
Scott had zero personality.

This is true. I was just saying that I hated him less than I hate Pickler. :lol:

krystl
04-26-06, 04:09 PM
So true. And why? Why? I want to know why! LOL. She's really not that good-looking - certainly not enough to make up for her consistently rotten performances. I'm betting Paris will go tonight, but even though Paris wasn't great, Kellie was much worse. She butchered one of my favorite songs.
Her fanbase doesn't care how she sings. Just like teen idols who look good but can't sing. The screaming fans don't care if they can sing or not. :lol:

jlw1980
04-26-06, 04:14 PM
Her fanbase doesn't care how she sings. Just like teen idols who look good but can't sing. The screaming fans don't care if they can sing or not. :lol:

But what does she have that makes up for her horrid "singing"? There's got to be a reason that people continue to vote for her. Do they just hate to be proven wrong, perhaps thinking she was good in the beginning, and now can't admit that she's wretched? Everybody says people vote for her because she's "cute", but she's really not all that in the looks department, IMO. How did she get a "fanbase" in the first place? Why the hell did the judges even allow her into the final stage of competition, when viewers vote? Madness.

I take this too seriously. :D :o

krystl
04-26-06, 04:29 PM
My stepson is 23 and thinks she's great. He doesn't vote for anyone though.

keg411
04-26-06, 04:43 PM
Paris is going to leave and I'm going to be sad. I voted for her a ton too -- too bad Pickler is soooo going to outlast her. I hope Kat somehow leaves instead -- she was underwhelming on her song and went first.

Chris was by far the best and he should definitely win. People just turned against him because he isn't the underdog like Elliot :barf: (although he sang well last night). I wouldn't mind a Taylor win either, but he just wasn't that good last night.

Kellie is so going to be safe again. Yuck.

JfromJersey
04-26-06, 04:47 PM
But what does she have that makes up for her horrid "singing"? There's got to be a reason that people continue to vote for her. Do they just hate to be proven wrong, perhaps thinking she was good in the beginning, and now can't admit that she's wretched? Everybody says people vote for her because she's "cute", but she's really not all that in the looks department, IMO. How did she get a "fanbase" in the first place? Why the hell did the judges even allow her into the final stage of competition, when viewers vote? Madness.

I take this too seriously. :D :o

Kellie can sing..C & W.
She doesn't have the versatility to venture out of her genre. She realizes this and becomes nervous which further screws her up. I don't know why there's so much Pickler hatred, because she may be a bit of a phony, but she is not an obnoxious, arrogant phony. I don't think anyone else there would have admitted to butchering a song. As for her appearance, it is understandable that some guys think she's hot, though I prefer Katherine in the looks department. Kellie obviously has a fan base in the South, and she'll probably wind up with a nice career on the Nashville circuit.

Luvtino
04-26-06, 05:00 PM
Kellie also has the site that saved Scott last season working to save her which accounts for some of the votes. Paris is probably going home even though it should be Kellie, but if Kellie ends in the bottom 3 it will at least a step in the right direction. I could see a sitcom signing her.

Taylor being first in voting last night is a little crazy as he was far from the best last night and that comes from someone who adores him. I would still like it to come down to Katharine and Chris, but it might just come down to Taylor and Chris.

KLJ
04-26-06, 05:02 PM
paris, exit stage left.... at least i hope...

gdn
04-26-06, 05:03 PM
I really hope that Taylor isn't eliminated...

Tifoso
04-26-06, 05:03 PM

Seriously, I hope she goes, I really, really do but I won't be surprised if it's Taylor tonight.

I love Chris.

There was a bottom half? :eek: ;)

gdn
04-26-06, 05:05 PM
There was a bottom half? :eek: ;)Anyone have photographs? ;)

Luvtino
04-26-06, 05:08 PM
There was a bottom half? :eek: ;)

LOL!! There was a lot of boobage showing!! :lol:

I think she's gorgeous. :)

gdn
04-26-06, 05:09 PM
LOL!! There was a lot of boobage showing!! :lol:

I think she's gorgeous. :)Damnit I want pictures!!!! :mad:

:D

Tifoso
04-26-06, 05:09 PM
She has a really beautiful voice, as well :)

gdn
04-26-06, 05:10 PM
She has a really beautiful voice, as well :)Not so much on the personality, though :p

Tifoso
04-26-06, 05:12 PM
Here's a profile (Katherine...think I may have called her Kelly :o)

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/katharine_mcphee/

gdn
04-26-06, 05:14 PM
Here's a profile (Katherine...think I may have called her Kelly :o)

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/katharine_mcphee/No, I meant pictures from last night.

Tifoso
04-26-06, 05:16 PM
No, I meant pictures from last night.

Yeah, I know you did. Give me a sec

gdn
04-26-06, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I know you did. Give me a secI'm searching too...can't find anything so far.

Tifoso
04-26-06, 05:20 PM
Here ya go

http://www.idolonfox.com/videos/?vid=285