PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Luvtino
03-15-06, 10:11 PM
Did I call that or what?

The guy look terrified. :uhh:

Not surprised to see Melissa go home. You can't screw up lyrics to a Stevie Wonder song and get away with it.

Yup. You sure did. Got the lottery numbers. :D

yeahimweird
03-15-06, 10:15 PM
Yup. You sure did. Got the lottery numbers. :D

I wish. :lol:

ritaylnil
03-15-06, 10:18 PM
No surprise with Melissa. She wasn't even surprised. But Kevin "safe". Wow. :eek: The bottom 3 should have been Melissa, Kevin, and Kellie.

JfromJersey
03-15-06, 10:24 PM
This is getting to be a joke! Kevin is still SAFE??!!

Not even in the bottom 3. I wonder how far the little pipsqueak can go in this competition?

Barb51850
03-15-06, 10:37 PM
Not even in the bottom 3. I wonder how far the little pipsqueak can go in this competition?

I think Kevin is going to become the Scott of this season. I hope I'm wrong!!

JfromJersey
03-15-06, 11:10 PM

Yikes..Scott Savol made it to number 5. I just can't imagine 6 more of these people being cast off before Kevin Covais. Ace and Lisa winding up in the bottom 3 was really kind of a shock. Both of them murder KC in the talent and looks department. Is everyone on Long Island voting for him?

yeahimweird
03-15-06, 11:18 PM
Yikes..Scott Savol made it to number 5. I just can't imagine 6 more of these people being cast off before Kevin Covais. Ace and Lisa winding up in the bottom 3 was really kind of a shock. Both of them murder KC in the talent and looks department. Is everyone on Long Island voting for him?

As someone from Long Island, I am NOT voting for him.

ChocolateGirl
03-16-06, 12:54 AM
This is getting to be a joke! Kevin is still SAFE??!!

I will be doing cart wheels once he is eliminated. I am still upset that Gedeon did not make the final 12 and Kevin did. His performance Tuesday night was a total joke.

Please don't remind me of Scott from last season. :barf: That was a total nightmare that I just could not understand.

Not surprised to see Melissa go. It was just a matter of time. A little shocking to see Ace and LT in the bottom 3. Ace wasn't vg last night, but Kellie and Kevin were worse. And I didn't like LT's performance as much as the judges, but she was pretty good. It will be interesting to see if their fans step it up now.

I was also suprised to see Lisa in the bottom 3. Instead of Ace and Lisa it should have been Kellie and Kevin because they had the worst performances from Tuesday night.

#1PaFan
03-16-06, 04:39 AM
Man, they better stop messing with my little Lisa.

(19K)

YankyDave
03-16-06, 09:01 AM
Kevin is still there and Sway and Gideon are gone.....that's a joke. I am still pissed they tossed Sway. He would have been perfect for a Stevie Wonder night.

That said, how can they have a Stevie Wonder night when the judges railed on people for picking his songs? That's crazy.

krystl
03-16-06, 11:36 AM
That said, how can they have a Stevie Wonder night when the judges railed on people for picking his songs? That's crazy.
Along with Simon commenting on their hairstyles or choice of clothing when they now have stylists. It's a moot point...comment on their singing/performing skills instead of how they look or an artist they are singing, which are things they didn't have control over.

krystl
03-16-06, 11:37 AM
Or that red haired boy from another season. I remember that kid looking shocked when he was safe late into the competition. I don't recall how far he went though.

BronxBaumer
03-16-06, 11:47 AM
Chris will win. That's all I'm going to say for the rest of this thread. It doesn't matter who gets voted off as the outcome is assured.

krystl
03-16-06, 12:30 PM
Chris will win. That's all I'm going to say for the rest of this thread. It doesn't matter who gets voted off as the outcome is assured.
Unless Idol is fixed and you have some inside information, there is no way to assure the winner at this point. Surprising things happen on AI all the time.

RhodyYanksFan
03-16-06, 12:54 PM
I love it when you talk dirty.

Anytime you want to hear it, just ask :goody:

mitch300
03-16-06, 01:06 PM
Or that red haired boy from another season. I remember that kid looking shocked when he was safe late into the competition. I don't recall how far he went though.

Kevin reminds me of Red also.Untill they change the voting process which they never will.( Like just vote for the person you think deserves to go home. ) this will continue to happen.

krystl
03-16-06, 01:21 PM
Kevin reminds me of Red also.Untill they change the voting process which they never will.( Like just vote for the person you think deserves to go home. ) this will continue to happen.
I think they need to have only one vote per phone number. That seems more fair. There won't be millions of votes like there are now.

b-ball-lunachick
03-16-06, 01:26 PM
Kevin is soooo soooo awful. He has the charisma of a pet rock

agreed. :D

and that girl who went home did screw up the lyrics and stuff but she at least could sing...the thing that bothered me a bit with her was that Simon said she was having trouble connecting the audience a few times but she didn't get any pre-exposure like most of the others...she wasn't going to win anyway but it was a little unfair...

what I want to know is -- who the heck is voting for Bucky?

krystl
03-16-06, 01:28 PM
agreed. :D

and that girl who went home did screw up the lyrics and stuff but she at least could sing...the thing that bothered me a bit with her was that Simon said she was having trouble connecting the audience a few times but she didn't get any pre-exposure like most of the others...she wasn't going to win anyway but it was a little unfair...

what I want to know is -- who the heck is voting for Bucky?
That's a good question. Bucky creeps me out. He is a Bo wannabe, IMO.

mitch300
03-16-06, 01:30 PM
I think they need to have only one vote per phone number. That seems more fair. There won't be millions of votes like there are now. Their was a show on NBC last conic standing and you were only able to vote 3 times from the same home. It seemed to work well.

b-ball-lunachick
03-21-06, 09:22 PM
dragging this out into two hours when it could easily be cut down by at least a half hour, is really annoying...

Bottom three:
Bucky
Kevin
Lisa

if anyone votes for bucky who is not related to him this week, they should be shot. ;)

Barb51850
03-21-06, 09:38 PM
dragging this out into two hours when it could easily be cut down by at least a half hour, is really annoying...

Bottom three:
Bucky
Kevin
Lisa

if anyone votes for bucky who is not related to him this week, they should be shot. ;)

I agree with your choices for the bottom three.

My favorites tonight - Katherine, Mandisa, Chris and Paris.

Ace improved from last week. I liked his falsetto at the end.

Taylor was OK, but he's been better.

I did not like Kelly's version of "Walking After Midnight" and I thought she had too much makeup on.

Elliot was good, but he sometimes seemed nervous.

yeahimweird
03-21-06, 09:52 PM
A few thoughts:

Chris was a bit boring this week, but not terrible.

Ace improved greatly over last week. Last week was just...not good.

Elliott had the best vocals of the guys tonight, for sure.

Katharine was pretty good. I think she sold it well.

Bucky was the only really bad performance tonight. He should go tomorrow.

Lisa absolutely bores me to tears. She has a good voice, but I don't see it there.

b-ball-lunachick
03-21-06, 09:56 PM

My favorites tonight - Katherine, Mandisa, Chris and Paris.

I did not like Kelly's version of "Walking After Midnight" and I thought she had too much makeup on.

barb -- I agree with your comments too. :) i like taylor a lot but tonight was just okay...I don't know that song that Kelly did -- I don't know country but she was much better this week - -and I don't like how they put makeup on her -- she looked better when she did her own -- they make her eyes look a bit freaky. :D

katherine and chris are my two favorites but I also like Elliot a lot -- and he looks much better without the Abe Lincoln beard and adding a little goatee -- the guy is never going to be good looking but he was better. :D

the one I didn't agree with is that Paris girl -- I think there's something a little fake about her -- I can't warm up to her at all, and while she's a very good technical singer, she doesn't seem to connect with the audience about what she's singing about -- to me, it's the clay aiken disease. :D

oh and I changed my mind -- even bucky's relatives should be shot if they vote for him -- don't prolong a loved one's misery. :D

Luvtino
03-21-06, 10:09 PM
It was overall a vg night. Barry was very sweet and very helpful. I like him. :)

The same site that saved Scott for so many weeks is now backing Kevin. Oy. Let's hope it doesn't work as long for Kevin as it did for Scott. After Kevin is gone they are going to back Kellie Picker. People need a hobby if the only thing that makes them happy is messing with AI. Their fun hurts the careers of others. :(

Still pulling for Chris and Katherine. They have been faves since the beginning. Chris really makes each song his own. Katherine has an amazing voice and is very personable. Hard not to pull for them. Mandisa also stood out tonight. It is hard to go first, but she made it memorable. Elliott also got the job done. And I have liked Taylor since the beginning, but this wasn't his best week.

LT has faltered a bit these last few weeks. It seems to coincide with the judges wanting her to look and sound younger. It seems she actually does better with the older ballads and the cute dresses. Ace was better than last week. Nice falsetto. Bucky was worse. :o

Luvtino
03-21-06, 10:11 PM

Ace is smart to take advantage of that. It is his strength and sets him apart from the others. He also seems to be very mature and very nice.

Kellie couldn't be any sweeter and she cracks me up, but I am not as impressed with her singing as the judges are.

Elliot does seem nervous. It could be that his lack of tv time early on scares him. The one thing that should make him more secure is that he hasn't been in the bottom 3 as of yet so he is getting votes.

ritaylnil
03-21-06, 10:27 PM
I agree with several of you guys. Definitely Mandisa, Katharine, Chris, and Paris were great tonight. Bottom 3 definitely Bucky, Lisa, and Kevin. I feel virtually certain that Lisa will get the heave-ho though. She doesn't really deserve it, but I think Bucky and Kevin have a consistent fan base and she doesn't. Although her voice is good, she appears very inexperienced at times as opposed to Paris who performs like someone 10 years older. Luna, I'm surprised that you think Paris doesn't "connect" with the audience. She makes my 50 year old b/f cry everytime she sings.

Elliot will definitely be around awhile, so will Ace. Probably my biggest disappointment tonight was Taylor, though I still love him. Biggest surprise was Kellie who actually pulled off that song, although, in general, she's probably my least favorite since I've come to see her as a phony and her voice isn't great.

This was one of the best AI nights since AI began. Overall very good performances. Even the so-so ones were decent...nothing appalling. I was in 100% agreement with Simon tonight. I love Barry Manilow in the role of mentoring these singers. He is really great.

ChocolateGirl
03-21-06, 10:54 PM
I missed the show tonight so I dunno who should be in the bottom three. However, I will be doing cartwheels once Kellie and Kevin are both eliminated. :barf:

Favorite Female contestants: Mandisa and Paris
Favorite Male contestants: Chris and Elliot

Mandisa and Chris both command stage prescence. Paris and Elliot could really sing and have great vocals.

Bucky and Lisa needs to both step their games up. They have yet to wow the crowd with their performances. :uhh:

Ace and Taylor are nice guys, but I don't see them winning this competition. Ace should probably start thinking about modeling while Taylor could be a Las Vegas entertainer. :)

JeanC
03-21-06, 11:07 PM
Okay guys I hear that Simon was on a talkshow last week & he was asked about & responded his top 3 which were my hubbys & my top three from the start. We have always like Taylor for His Maturity & Great Joe Cocker Voice. Because of their hometown stories Chris for his great voice & originality with his wife for her support from the beginning & Kelly yes Kelly for her yearning for this Idol final for something positive & great in her life (being raised by her grandfather) plus I think she has a great way of singing...I never thought a Patsy Cline Song would come over but she sure won me with it!

Plus when I call in on my cingular phone those 3 lines are always busy so I do text a few for all three of them!

Well thats my input! I too also think the bottom three are Kevin (should have been gone), Bucky (where I go get my hair done, they just love him I think its the hair/midwest thing) & Lisa (I think she has a great voice & personality but I too think its her fanbase).

NYYBombshell
03-21-06, 11:11 PM
I thought Katharine did a great job on that Ella Fitzgerald song [I happened to peek in my sister's room when she was watching] and I'm glad to hear that she's safe, because from what I have heard, she has a great voice.

keg411
03-21-06, 11:26 PM
My favorites tonight were Chris and Mandisa.

Paris is still one of my favorites overall, but I liked her better last week (I think she connects very well with her songs for someone so young -- much better than some of the young contestants in the past).

Elliot and Ace were both much better than last week. I'm also starting to really like Taylor. I don't really like looking at him (he can't dance, he's not cute and the tics bug), but I like his voice and his music. It's got a really 'chill' vibe to it that I can see myself listening to.

I dislike Katharine McPhee and Kellie Pickler (as both come off as fake). Although I like Kellie worse because she comes off as stupid and can't sing. Katharine can sing and isn't dumb, but she bugs for some reason. I should like her, but I just don't.

Kevin, Bucky and Lisa will be the bottom three with Lisa going home. Although I wouldn't be suprised if Kevin completely safe this week becaues his performance wasn't as horrid as last week and he definitely played to his fanbase.

Paula was back on the drugs this week.

#1PaFan
03-22-06, 05:41 AM
Sorry to hear that my Lisa didn't do too well. :(

Trish
03-22-06, 06:16 AM
Lisa wasn't good. She'll be in the bottom 3 for sure, but I really wish Kevin or Bucky go home tonight.

Paris just annoys the sh!t out of me. There's just something about her that rubs me the wrong way.

allybear
03-22-06, 07:29 AM
Chris was great last night - he's definitely one of my favorites anyway and he was really really good. I love the way he takes the time to actually personalize every song and make it his own.

I thought Kellie did well - phony or not, she did a nice job on that song.

Lisa, Bucky and Taylor were just not doing it at all. I don't know who needs the door more - Lisa or Bucky - but they're both outta here if there's any justice. Taylor usually is OK - it's funny, I didn't see the dancing because I was folding laundry, but I could hear him and I was like, "huh? how did he mess that up that badly?"

Leave my little Kevvy alone - he's gotta keep going so I can have an answer for someone famous from my hometown, ha ha.

I agree that Paris is kind of annoying - I mean, she sings well and all, but I dunno, there's something annoying about her. Be that as it may, she definitely nailed the song (as did Chris, Katherine, and Mandisa - I missed Elliott while I was walking the dogs) so you can't argue with that.

Ace was ok - I don't know, he's good looking but there's something about his eyes that keeps him from being really good looking, in my opinion anyway.

Chesbro41
03-22-06, 07:41 AM
Ace was ok - I don't know, he's good looking but there's something about his eyes that keeps him from being really good looking, in my opinion anyway.

He's really starting to annoy me with the whole staring into the camera at the end of every song...

gdn
03-22-06, 08:18 AM

What??? Ace absolutely BUTCHERED that song! There's no falsetto in that song! It's a soul song and he sang it like a rock ballad! :barf:

I agree with you on Taylor, though. He's my favorite and I didn't think he did a great job last night.

gdn
03-22-06, 08:19 AM
He's really starting to annoy me with the whole staring into the camera at the end of every song...It's his nose man... it's like michael jackson's.

krystl
03-22-06, 08:53 AM
What??? Ace absolutely BUTCHERED that song! There's no falsetto in that song! It's a soul song and he sang it like a rock ballad! :barf:

I agree with you on Taylor, though. He's my favorite and I didn't think he did a great job last night.
He didn't butcher it! Barry Manilow wanted them to have the songs arranged to fit each singer, so some were a little different from the originals. Barry wanted Ace to use the falsetto because it's his strong point.

I think Barry did a great job with them all. He can only work with what talent they have and some stood out more than others. Bucky was just not good, IMO. He doesn't have any "wow" factor.

Lisa is sweet and has a good voice and I think she can sing a lot more powerfully than she has been singing, but maybe is nervous? She's definitely not Diva material, but has a nice voice.

It almost seems Taylor has been toning it down. His is one of the performances I always look forward to and I was a bit disappointed last night.

Elliot impressed me for the first time.
Kevin didn't do too badly. For the first time he picked a song with no "s's" in the title. ;) He will most likely be in the bottom 3, but I think Bucky should go home first. Kevin's number rang last night, so maybe people are finally figuring out he's not the next Idol.

krystl
03-22-06, 08:55 AM
It's his nose man... it's like michael jackson's.
:lol: I just don't see it.

But I do agree about his eyes being kinda weird, even though the rest of his face is beautiful! :)

Ugghh, Corny the creep was in the audience last night. He makes me wanna barf. Did anyone notice when Ryan asked him about Chris' performance he kinda rolled his eyes? Puhleeese! :barf: on Constantine.

NYYfan24
03-22-06, 09:00 AM
I think it's buh-bye to Bucky, Kevin or Lisa. I like Lisa and I thought that she did a great job last night.

Once again...I like Katharine..she gave me goose-bumps last night (again).

I have one question. I like the job that Chris did...but by asking them to pick 50's music...I thought they had to sing in that style, not change it sooo dramatically. Apparently, I was wrong, because Simon complemented Chris on not conforming. Interesting.

gdn
03-22-06, 09:00 AM
He didn't butcher it! Barry Manilow wanted them to have the songs arranged to fit each singer, so some were a little different from the originals. Barry wanted Ace to use the falsetto because it's his strong point.

I think Barry did a great job with them all. He can only work with what talent they have and some stood out more than others. Bucky was just not good, IMO. He doesn't have any "wow" factor.

Lisa is sweet and has a good voice and I think she can sing a lot more powerfully than she has been singing, but maybe is nervous? She's definitely not Diva material, but has a nice voice.

It almost seems Taylor has been toning it down. His is one of the performances I always look forward to and I was a bit disappointed last night.

Elliot impressed me for the first time.
Kevin didn't do too badly. For the first time he picked a song with no "s's" in the title. ;) He will most likely be in the bottom 3, but I think Bucky should go home first. Kevin's number rang last night, so maybe people are finally figuring out he's not the next Idol.I guess we disagree then. I absolutely hated his rendition of the song. It was horrid. Katherine, on the other hand, did a really good job.

JfromJersey
03-22-06, 12:38 PM
If there's any justice, either Kevin or Bucky will get the heave ho tonight, but I'm afraid little Lisa will be the one to go. I don't think she has much of a fan base and she hasn't blown the judges away by any performance so far.
Kevin "Chicken Little" Covais is the one least likely to succeed in the music business. Vocally he is just not strong enough to make up for his less than idolish looks.

Trish
03-22-06, 02:39 PM
If there's any justice, either Kevin or Bucky will get the heave ho tonight, but I'm afraid little Lisa will be the one to go. I don't think she has much of a fan base and she hasn't blown the judges away by any performance so far.
Kevin "Chicken Little" Covais is the one least likely to succeed in the music business. Vocally he is just not strong enough to make up for his less than idolish looks.
He can possibly overcome the lisp, but the weird eye expressions he makes will be harder to get rid of.

YankyDave
03-22-06, 02:46 PM
Kevin didn't do too badly. For the first time he picked a song with no "s's" in the title. ;)

I want him to sing Sussudio!!

krystl
03-22-06, 02:50 PM
He can possibly overcome the lisp, but the weird eye expressions he makes will be harder to get rid of.
Wait, I'm confused. I thought the weird eye thing was referring to Ace?

krystl
03-22-06, 02:54 PM
:lol: That's cold!

RhodeyYankee2638
03-22-06, 03:32 PM

HAHAHA!!!! Thats hilarious, shhshhsudio

Trish
03-22-06, 03:37 PM
Wait, I'm confused. I thought the weird eye thing was referring to Ace?
I don't know. I was referring to the weird facial expressions that Kevin makes that make him less than Idol material.

#1PaFan
03-22-06, 03:55 PM
Looks like the sky may not be falling on Chicken Little. At least, if one Website has any say in it.

Votefortheworst.com is back to its usual antics, delighting American Idol haters and dismaying show producers by unleashing a campaign to back the contestant the site deems the worst of the wannabes.

This season the online campaign has rallied behind 16-year-old Kevin Covais, nicknamed Chicken Little by host Ryan Seacrest for his passing resemblance to the bespectacled Disney character................

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/Pf/0,1527,18613,00.html

Luvtino
03-22-06, 03:56 PM
:lol: That's cold!

I am going with evil!! :o :D

krystl
03-22-06, 03:57 PM
I don't know. I was referring to the weird facial expressions that Kevin makes that make him less than Idol material.
Yeah, Kevin does have some weird expressions. I just can't get that Chicken Little picture out of my head from when Ryan compared the two.

Luvtino
03-22-06, 03:57 PM
Looks like the sky may not be falling on Chicken Little. At least, if one Website has any say in it.

Votefortheworst.com is back to its usual antics, delighting American Idol haters and dismaying show producers by unleashing a campaign to back the contestant the site deems the worst of the wannabes.

This season the online campaign has rallied behind 16-year-old Kevin Covais, nicknamed Chicken Little by host Ryan Seacrest for his passing resemblance to the bespectacled Disney character................

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/Pf/0,1527,18613,00.html

They did the same thing last year and saved Scott for quite some time. It is a shame that people have nothing better to do with their lives then to interfere with AI. It hurts the potential careers of some people. :(

They are going to back Kellie once Kevin is gone. :o

Luvtino
03-22-06, 03:59 PM
I am nervous for LT tonight. She really should be safe this week and it will stink if she goes home before a few others.

Paris can definitely sing, but she comes across a wee bit impressed with herself. It is good to be confident, but she strikes me as a little cocky.

krystl
03-22-06, 04:09 PM
I think if that website is having a real impact on voting, to the point that someone like Lisa could go home before Kevin or Bucky, then AI needs to do something about their voting rules.

JfromJersey
03-22-06, 04:13 PM
If this were a horse race these are the odds I would give on each remaining contestant becoming the next idol:

Chris: 2-1
Mandisa: 5-2
Katherine: 3-1
Taylor: 3-1
Paris: 4-1
Kellie: 5-1
Ace: 5-1
Elliot: 10-1
Kevin: 15-1
Bucky: 25-1
Lisa: 50-1

allybear
03-22-06, 04:13 PM
I agree - that is ridiculous. Bucky soooo needs to go - he's the worst (although my dog gets excited every week when they say "and now Bucky", he thinks he's on TV)!

And I thought both Ace and Kevin have eye things going on - Kevin is obviously squinty even with his glasses and Ace just has this odd stare every so often.

allybear
03-22-06, 04:14 PM
If this were a horse race these are the odds I would give on each remaining contestant becoming the next idol:

Which is about the order I like or dislike them in, so it works for me. :)

#1PaFan
03-22-06, 04:19 PM
Which is about the order I like or dislike them in, so it works for me. :)

Come on, Bear!! Take it easy on my little Lisa!

Trish
03-22-06, 04:20 PM
Come on, Bear!! Take it easy on my little Lisa!
Listen hero, she needs to step it up a notch!

krystl
03-22-06, 04:22 PM
I like Lisa. I know she's not a diva, but she's sweet and very cute. She definitely can sing, she's just not a belter. And she's not cocky like Paris.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-22-06, 04:23 PM

id put bucky at 180-1. he cant sing, dance and he is an ugly bastard

Trish
03-22-06, 04:27 PM
I like Lisa. I know she's not a diva, but she's sweet and very cute. She definitely can sing, she's just not a belter. And she's not cocky like Paris.
Actually, I think she does much better when she belts out one of those Whitney Houston type ballads. She doesn't seem to do the "fluffy" numbers well, she should stick to what she does best.

She's such a beautiful girl, and so sweet. I hope she can pull it together.

YankyDave
03-22-06, 04:41 PM
HAHAHA!!!! Thats hilarious, shhshhsudio

It's actually more like thuthuthudio. He'th fantathtic!! Cindy Brady would be proud.

JfromJersey
03-22-06, 04:43 PM

I agree with you. I like her better than Paris, but she really isn't quite as talented. If Paris wasn't in the competition Lisa would probably have a better chance of going further. I think the vote that would normally go to Lisa is going to Paris instead.

JfromJersey
03-22-06, 04:53 PM

Now, now..let's not get personal. ;)

Trish
03-22-06, 04:59 PM
I don't find him ugly. His teeth are a problem.

SheffRocks11
03-22-06, 05:50 PM

I think he's adorable.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-22-06, 06:04 PM
BUCKY??? Adorable?? Maybe AI is posioning peoples minds. He looks like he stepped out of the trailer and onto the stage

http://www.poptower.com/images/db/12/420/300/bucky-covington.jpg

ritaylnil
03-22-06, 06:49 PM
Cindy Brady would be proud.

:lol:

krystl
03-22-06, 08:19 PM
I don't find him ugly. His teeth are a problem.
Between Bucky and Elliott, there's a lot of dental work. Bucky could be cute if he fixed his teeth and cleaned the scruff up a little. Elliott...not so much.

ritaylnil
03-22-06, 08:34 PM
Wow. I was right about the bottom 3, but quite surprised to see that Kevin's going bye-bye. I really like the kid. He has a great spirit, but he really needed to go. I just thought he had enough of a fan base plus that internet bunch trying to fck with AI, that I thought he'd be around. So I'm glad he went...he really shouldn't have even made it to the finals!

Chesbro41
03-22-06, 08:38 PM
Finally, he's gone

JfromJersey
03-22-06, 08:58 PM
I'm glad Lisa is still there.

Barb51850
03-22-06, 09:09 PM
I thought it would be Bucky leaving tonight. Kevin is very cute, but he had to go. He started to look (and sound) like he was in over his head.

YankyDave
03-22-06, 09:23 PM
Finally, now we get rid of Bucky and there can't be a bad winner.

ritaylnil
03-22-06, 09:37 PM
Finally, now we get rid of Bucky and there can't be a bad winner.

Kellie Pickler would be a bad winner.

As a side note, Newsday printed a rumor that Kellie is dating Corny! :eek: :barf:

Luvtino
03-22-06, 09:50 PM
The bottom 3 were fair. Kevin going this week was also the right move. Bucky will probably be next. He should be.

Luvtino
03-22-06, 09:52 PM
Kellie Pickler would be a bad winner.

As a side note, Newsday printed a rumor that Kellie is dating Corny! :eek: :barf:

Agreed. She really doesn't deserve to win. She shouldn't even make it to the top 6. I could however see a talent agent signing her on and trying to get her on a comedy if she can act. :)

As for her and Corny being a couple... :eek:

#1PaFan
03-23-06, 03:23 AM
Cool! Lisa lives! :gulp:

yankeesfaninaz
03-23-06, 08:21 AM
im so mad that kevin is out. i liked that kid

allybear
03-23-06, 08:41 AM
OK, now that my hometown hero Kevin (still the most well-known person ever to go to Island Trees High School, LOL) is out, they absolutely have to get my dog's namesake Bucky outta there - my dog Bucky actually looks and sings better (ok, it's more or less barking and whining, but it could be singing!)

JfromJersey
03-23-06, 12:03 PM
OK, now that my hometown hero Kevin (still the most well-known person ever to go to Island Trees High School, LOL) is out, they absolutely have to get my dog's namesake Bucky outta there - my dog Bucky actually looks and sings better (ok, it's more or less barking and whining, but it could be singing!)

Unless next week's theme is Lynyrd Skynyrd songs, I believe Bucky will be next to go.

krystl
03-23-06, 03:25 PM
Agreed. She really doesn't deserve to win. She shouldn't even make it to the top 6. I could however see a talent agent signing her on and trying to get her on a comedy if she can act. :)

As for her and Corny being a couple... :eek:
I thought Katherine was the one who liked Corny? She said she would be singing to someone "special" the other night but wouldn't give any names. He was in the audience that night.

How old is Corny the creepy?

yeahimweird
03-23-06, 03:46 PM
I thought Katherine was the one who liked Corny? She said she would be singing to someone "special" the other night but wouldn't give any names. He was in the audience that night.

Corny is 30. Plus, I think Katharine would have better taste than that.

krystl
03-23-06, 03:54 PM
Corny is 30. Plus, I think Katharine would have better taste than that.
Yeah, I thought so too.

Luvtino
03-23-06, 05:11 PM

I heard Katherine say she would be singing to someone speacial so you could be right. Very interesting. I am not aware of either liking him as I was only going by the rumor Ritaylnil posted about in regards to Kellie and Corny. :eek:

I would like to think both have better taste than Corny. :o :D

ritaylnil
03-23-06, 05:13 PM
I heard Katherine say she would be singing to someone speacial so you could be right. Very interesting. I am not aware of either liking him as I was only going by the rumor Ritaylnil posted about in regards to Kellie and Corny. :eek:

It was in an article in Newsday (the Kellie/Corny thing.) Also, someone at work told me today they heard the same thing on Access Hollywood or one of those type shows, so who knows? :dunno:

BTW, please call me Rita. :)

SheffRocks11
03-23-06, 05:16 PM
Yay! Kevin's finally gone!

krystl
03-23-06, 05:31 PM

I thought I read about it in this thread. I could have been dreaming though.. :lol: I'm gonna look back and see if I can find where I saw it about Katherine and Corny.

Luvtino
03-23-06, 05:33 PM
BTW, please call me Rita. :)

Thank you. I always have to look up how to spell your handle. :D What does the rest mean if ya don't mind my asking?! I was always curious. :)

Kellie and Corny wouldn't shock me. I actually think she matches with him better than Katherine. Funny thing is that the first person who came to my mind when Katherine said that was Ace. :D

krystl
03-23-06, 05:50 PM
Thank you. I always have to look up how to spell your handle. :D What does the rest mean if ya don't mind my asking?! I was always curious. :)

Kellie and Corny wouldn't shock me. I actually think she matches with him better than Katherine. Funny thing is that the first person who came to my mind when Katherine said that was Ace. :D
I wouldn't be surprised if Katharine liked Ace. But Paula would scratch McPhee's pretty little eyes out. :lol:

Well, I looked and can't find where I read that, so maybe I imagined it. Or read it somewhere else. Anyway, Kellie can have Corny. :barf:

krystl
03-23-06, 05:52 PM
That website that encourages AI haters to vote for people like Kevin, etc has a new target, Kellie. They have a tagline under her name that says "because North Carolina won't want her back after this".

ChocolateGirl
03-23-06, 10:16 PM
Paris can definitely sing, but she comes across a wee bit impressed with herself. It is good to be confident, but she strikes me as a little cocky.

Are you guys saying that Paris is just as cocky as Brenna?? Paris comes from a backround of gospel singers. And if anything, Paris has confidence on stage just like Mandisa, Chris and the other contestants. And these contestants must have confidence or else they are just not made out for this competition.

Sway and Gedeon should have been in Bucky and Kevin's spot. With that said, I am glad that Kevin "Chicken Little" Covias has been eliminated. :clapping: :cheer: Bucky should be the next one to go and then the real competition will begin. From there it will become really interesting. :) But we have to turn into AI every week because there are always new surprises.

Luvtino
03-23-06, 10:47 PM
Are you guys saying that Paris is just as cocky as Brenna?? Paris comes from a backround of gospel singers. And if anything, Paris has confidence on stage just like Mandisa, Chris and the other contestants. And these contestants must have confidence or else they are just not made out for this competition.

Sway and Gedeon should have been in Bucky and Kevin's spot. With that said, I am glad that Kevin "Chicken Little" Covias has been eliminated. :clapping: :cheer: Bucky should be the next one to go and then the real competition will begin. From there it will become really interesting. :) But we have to turn into AI every week because there are always new surprises.

I don't think Paris is even remotely in the same category as Brenna. Brenna was cocky, rude, obnoxious, and completely unprofessional. I am all for confidence and I agree that they need that to succeed, but Paris strikes me as a little cocky. I don't get that feeling from the other singers.

I agree that Sway and Gedeon should have gotten further than they did. I don't think either was going to win, but they definitely went home prematurely.

krystl
03-24-06, 08:55 AM
I don't think Paris is even remotely in the same category as Brenna. Brenna was cocky, rude, obnoxious, and completely unprofessional. I am all for confidence and I agree that they need that to succeed, but Paris strikes me as a little cocky. I don't get that feeling from the other singers.

I agree that Sway and Gedeon should have gotten further than they did. I don't think either was going to win, but they definitely went home prematurely.
I agree with this. Maybe cocky isn't the right word for Paris. She's definitely nothing like Brenna. Paris is confident but sometimes a little over the top, IMO. I think she can sing, but her stage presence sometimes covers up imperfections in her voice because she sells it well. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

ritaylnil
03-24-06, 10:11 AM

rit ayl nil are the first 3 letters of my name, my daughter's name, and my son's name!

ritaylnil
03-24-06, 10:25 AM
I don't see Paris as cocky or over-confident at all. She's not my #1 favorite, but is definitely in the top 4 or 5.

I didn't like Sway or Gedeon much, but they were better than Kevin, Bucky, and Kellie. I think Ayla should have been in the top 12!

SheffRocks11
03-24-06, 11:48 AM
I don't see Paris as cocky or over-confident at all. She's not my #1 favorite, but is definitely in the top 4 or 5.

I didn't like Sway or Gedeon much, but they were better than Kevin, Bucky, and Kellie. I think Ayla should have been in the top 12!

I love Paris! She is just a little bundle of energy, and she reminds me of Ivory Latta.

JeanC
03-24-06, 11:30 PM
Cool! Lisa lives! :gulp:

If my favorite 3 lines are all busy next week George, I told hubby that I would put my votes in for Lisa seems she needs all the help she can get & I think there are others that should go............... ;)

OxDiesel
03-25-06, 01:44 AM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060324/114324156000.html

Interesting developments starting to surface. Don't know if any of you realized this on Tuesday, but I did.
Honestly though, I really don't understand the hate:

"I just want to punch him in his bald head."
Don't you just love keyboard warriors?? Most guys that watch Idol couldn't kick Kevin Covais's ass, let alone Daughtry's.

"This guy is a rip-off. Judges are plain dumb."
He never said it was an original creation. I've seen the clip again, and he clearly tells Barry Manilow in rehearsal that this is a different version of "I Walk The Line". Lay the blame at Randy & Simon for not knowing about Live's version, not him. The Live cover wasn't released; it was a B-side add on their greatest hits album (unlike the well-known RHCP cover of "Higher Ground"). If anything, give Chris credit for actually remembering and using this relatively unknown version to fit his vocal style..

"Live singer Ed Kowalczyk called and said that he would like his vocal style back."
Ummm, guess what? Daughtry sang it better. Check for yourself by listening to the Amazon sample or (legally :) ) downloading the song.
I don't know if he's gonna win (especially now that the backlash is starting), but he is without question the most talented AND "star-ready" of all the finalists.

With only 10 left, here are my current Final Four
(based on a combination of talent, star-readiness AND winnability):
1. Chris Daughtry
2. Ace Young
3. Katherine McPhee
4. Paris Bennett

#1PaFan
03-25-06, 02:03 AM
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060324/114324156000.html

Interesting developments starting to surface. Don't know if any of you realized this on Tuesday, but I did.
Honestly though, I really don't understand the hate:

"I just want to punch him in his bald head."
Don't you just love keyboard warriors?? Most guys that watch Idol couldn't kick Kevin Covais's ass, let alone Daughtry's.

"This guy is a rip-off. Judges are plain dumb."
He never said it was an original creation. I've seen the clip again, and he clearly tells Barry Manilow in rehearsal that this is a different version of "I Walk The Line". Lay the blame at Randy & Simon for not knowing about Live's version, not him. The Live cover wasn't released; it was a B-side add on their greatest hits album (unlike the well-known RHCP cover of "Higher Ground"). If anything, give Chris credit for actually remembering and using this relatively unknown version to fit his vocal style..

"Live singer Ed Kowalczyk called and said that he would like his vocal style back."
Ummm, guess what? Daughtry sang it better. Check for yourself by listening to the Amazon sample or (legally :) ) downloading the song.
I don't know if he's gonna win (especially now that the backlash is starting), but he is without question the most talented AND "star-ready" of all the finalists.

1. Chris Daughtry
2. Ace Young
3. Katherine McPhee
4. Paris Bennett

Interesting. LISA!!!! Surprise them ALL!!!!

(Even more interesting: OxDiesel, Dallas Cowboy Fan, NOWHERE to be found in the NFL Thread!!!!) :gulp:

OxDiesel
03-25-06, 02:27 AM
Interesting. LISA!!!! Surprise them ALL!!!!

(Even more interesting: OxDiesel, Dallas Cowboy Fan, NOWHERE to be found in the NFL Thread!!!!) :gulp:

With all the drama in Dallas right now, that's strictly a preventive measure.
If I went into the America's Team thread right now, I'd never stop posting and lose my job, wife, daughter, etc.

Not all of us are 70 year-old drunks who sit at home all day lusting after no-talent 20-ish year-old women... ;) :gulp:

#1PaFan
03-25-06, 02:46 AM
With all the drama in Dallas right now, that's strictly a preventive measure.
If I went into the America's Team thread right now, I'd never stop posting and lose my job, wife, daughter, etc.

Not all of us are 70 year-old drunks who sit at home all day lusting after no-talent 20-ish year-old women... ;) :gulp:

Huh? Is T. Ox. trying to mess with Me?

Come on, T. Ox., Lisa is a 16 year old kid.

Be nice, T. Ox.!

Excuse me while I wheel myself out of this Thread......

JfromJersey
03-25-06, 12:30 PM
1. Chris Daughtry
2. Ace Young
3. Katherine McPhee
4. Paris Bennett

Ace is going to have to raise his game to stick around to the final four. He was in the bottom 3 just a couple of weeks ago.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-25-06, 12:48 PM
Ace is going to have to raise his game to stick around to the final four. He was in the bottom 3 just a couple of weeks ago.

i think theres enough 14 year old girls that will vote for Ace. Remember that red headed kid that stuck around a few years ago, he was abslolutely awful

SheffRocks11
03-25-06, 01:11 PM
1. Chris Daughtry
2. Ace Young
3. Katherine McPhee
4. Paris Bennett

What about Mandisa... she is an amazing singer.

Slavenka
03-25-06, 01:28 PM

She's my favorite. I've been voting for her since the beginning, but I don't think she'll end up being in the final three unfortunately.

Has anyone seen those prom pictures of Pickler. Ho ;)
I would like her if she'd just drop the naivegirl act.

SheffRocks11
03-25-06, 01:31 PM
She's my favorite. I've been voting for her since the beginning, but I don't think she'll end up being in the final three unfortunately.

I think Simon has a thing for her...

Slavenka
03-25-06, 01:54 PM
I think Simon has a thing for her...

Yea! :P I was suprised to hear him say that she would be one of the top three. This is my first time watching AI, but I appreaciate Simon's opinions (as opposed to the other two I just mute). She doesn't have the best voice, so I'm guessing she'd get votes b/c of her likability and looks.

Trish
03-25-06, 02:07 PM

Link? I've googled, but I can't seem to find them.

Slavenka
03-25-06, 02:32 PM
Link? I've googled, but I can't seem to find them.

I saw them earlier this week and don't remember which website(s). So I did a search and only came across one of the dress. It's not that bad, we've all seen worse, just interesting how low cut the skirt is for grampa's angel, which btw I think it's a shadow from her pouch. Anyway, not a fan of the dress, tacky with that color and sparkles, but I guess that's country style. Edit: looking at it again, she has a nice body, i noticed that on the show, but i never realized how big her boobs are, or at least they look bigger in this picture.

http://i1.tinypic.com/s3edxt.jpg

RhodeyYankee2638
03-25-06, 02:54 PM
I saw them earlier this week and don't remember which website(s). So I did a search and only came across one of the dress. It's not that bad, we've all seen worse, just interesting how low cut the skirt is for grampa's angel, which btw I think it's a shadow from her pouch. Anyway, not a fan of the dress, tacky with that color and sparkles, but I guess that's country style. Edit: looking at it again, she has a nice body, i noticed that on the show, but i never realized how big her boobs are, or at least they look bigger in this picture.

ooooo baby

krystl
03-25-06, 03:25 PM
i think theres enough 14 year old girls that will vote for Ace. Remember that red headed kid that stuck around a few years ago, he was abslolutely awful
I'm 41 and I will vote for Ace. ;) :P

As for the red headed kid, he was taken under the wing of that Anti-Idol website to conjur up votes for the worst contestants. That's why he stuck around so long. Ace is nowhere near as bad as he was.

krystl
03-25-06, 03:27 PM

That's a prom dress? Or is that from one of the pageants she was supposedly in?

RhodeyYankee2638
03-25-06, 03:34 PM
I'm 41 and I will vote for Ace. ;) :P

hey thats fine by me, but do you honestly think that if he looked like Elliot he would've been close to the final 32? He has perhaps the worst vocal talent of the remaining 10

krystl
03-25-06, 03:39 PM
hey thats fine by me, but do you honestly think that if he looked like Elliot he would've been close to the final 32? He has perhaps the worst vocal talent of the remaining 10
No, you're right. But I don't think Ace is as bad as you do.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-25-06, 03:57 PM
No, you're right. But I don't think Ace is as bad as you do.

i dont think he is an awful vocalist, just not as talented as the other 9. Who is he better than? maybe Bucky and Lisa, but thats about it

krystl
03-25-06, 04:09 PM
i dont think he is an awful vocalist, just not as talented as the other 9. Who is he better than? maybe Bucky and Lisa, but thats about it
Definitely Bucky. Not sure about Lisa. I think there are quite a few that are similar in talent, so it's hard to say.

SheffRocks11
03-25-06, 06:40 PM
That's a prom dress? Or is that from one of the pageants she was supposedly in?

I hope that's not a prom dress...:eek:

OxDiesel
03-25-06, 09:13 PM

The key is to have the highest balance of all 3 categories. There is no way in hell that Mandisa, as talented as she is, is winning the competition. Say what you want about Ace's vocals, but he LOOKS like an Idol. It's the same thing that carried Constantine last year until he turned in a disasterous version of "How You Remind Me". Chris isn't as pretty as Ace, but he is very charismatic, ala Bo. And, nobody in this contest is in his airspace when it comes to stage-command.

That's the formula for my Final Four. Not only do they need to have the voice, they need to ACT & LOOK like a winner, too.

Speaking of Chris, no comments on the whole "Chris is a fraud" story??

krystl
03-25-06, 09:20 PM
The key is to have the highest balance of all 3 categories. There is no way in hell that Mandisa, as talented as she is, is winning the competition. Say what you want about Ace's vocals, but he LOOKS like an Idol. It's the same thing that carried Constantine last year until he turned in a disasterous version of "How You Remind Me". Chris isn't as pretty as Ace, but he is very charismatic, ala Bo. And, nobody in this contest is in his airspace when it comes to stage-command.

That's the formula for my Final Four. Not only do they need to have the voice, they need to ACT & LOOK like a winner, too.

I think Chris is a nice looking guy. Normally I don't go for the shaved head look, but he carries it well. I think they all look a lot better since the stylists have been working with them.

As for the comments...there's not much to say. They are someone's opinion.

JfromJersey
03-25-06, 11:08 PM

I would agree with what you say, but then I remember that Ruben Studdard won AI a few years ago.

krystl
03-25-06, 11:11 PM
I would agree with what you say, but then I remember that Ruben Studdard won AI a few years ago.
True. Clay Aiken was more successful than Ruben (IMO) and he wasn't Idol-ish looking either.
I think they got away from stressing the importance of looks/body after the first season.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-26-06, 08:08 AM

If you look at season 2, the final 3 were Clay, Ruben and Kimberly Locke, they didnt necessarily look like your typical winner. You could even make the case that Kelly was bashed after she won because people said she wasn't a skinny pop star. I'd venture to guess if Frenchy was allowed to stay in the competition, she wouldve went far as well. Off the top of my head, America has pretty much ranked the Final 3-4 the past four season based on talent, and very rarely on looks

ritaylnil
03-26-06, 11:54 AM
Ace's vocal ability is better than both Bucky and Kellie, but not Lisa, IMO.

ritaylnil
03-26-06, 11:56 AM
The double standard burns my a$$ that allows a one-dimensional, near-zero personality like Ruben Studdard win AI in all his large glory, but we still have to have a conversation about Mandisa's weight. The woman is a dynamo with a great voice and wonderful personality. Has anyone ever heard of Aretha Franklin? Hello?!?!?! :enraged: :-po'd-:

Luvtino
03-26-06, 12:21 PM

I agree that it is a shadow, but when you look fast it looks like her pubes are showing. :o :lol:

Luvtino
03-26-06, 12:25 PM
The double standard burns my a$$ that allows a one-dimensional, near-zero personality like Ruben Studdard win AI in all his large glory, but we still have to have a conversation about Mandisa's weight. The woman is a dynamo with a great voice and wonderful personality. Has anyone ever heard of Aretha Franklin? Hello?!?!?! :enraged: :-po'd-:

That upsets me as well. Studdard was considered a big guy or a teddy bear, but a woman is considered fat. It is unfair. She can flat out sing.

ritaylnil
03-26-06, 12:40 PM
I don't even think it looks like Kellie! :dunno:

keg411
03-26-06, 02:25 PM
I don't even think it looks like Kellie! :dunno:

Rita... the Kellie prom dress is real. It's in her yearbook ad.

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm28.showMessageRange?topicID=9785.topic&start=21&stop=40

I suppose someone could make up the ad too, but it looks pretty real and like a yearbook ad to me. So yea, the slutty prom dress really is Kellie.

And here are some of her pageant photos for some more ugly clothes.

http://p097.ezboard.com/fvotefortheworstfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=923.topic&start=1&stop=20

I'll admit that every year there is a contestant that I love-to-hate. S2 was Carmen (and Corey Clark before he was kicked off), S3 was Jasmine (and a bit with Fantasia who's voice bugged), and last year I didn't care, but I didn't like Carrie (she can sing pleasantly, but she was too boring). This year, Kellie is an awesome love-to-hate contestant because she's just so dumb and such an unbelieveable trainwreck. It'll make her leaving all that more sweet (especially if she ends up pissing everyone off as much as Scott did last year and outlasts the more talented: Mandisa, Paris, Elliot, etc.).

Trish
03-26-06, 05:20 PM
I can't believe the level of venom for this girl...

Did you see what some of the people were saying about her on that EZboard site? Man, that's just sickening. What a bunch of internet cowards.

I'd lock my kids in the basement before I'd let them be in the public eye.

SheffRocks11
03-26-06, 05:32 PM

agreed:)

SheffRocks11
03-26-06, 05:33 PM

I think that Chris and Bo are both attractive actually.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-26-06, 05:58 PM

Did you see what some of the people were saying about her on that EZboard site? Man, that's just sickening. What a bunch of internet cowards.

Well I can see why actually. She is either a) incredibly dumb or b) acting her way through this competition. "Whats a ballsy" is either the stupidest comment ever made or contrived. I personally think she is acting her way through, cause shes not stupid and she knows she will make an impression with the audience for being a cutesy country girl

Trish
03-26-06, 06:34 PM
Well I can see why actually. She is either a) incredibly dumb or b) acting her way through this competition. "Whats a ballsy" is either the stupidest comment ever made or contrived. I personally think she is acting her way through, cause shes not stupid and she knows she will make an impression with the audience for being a cutesy country girl
So that warrants her being called a slut who's taken on the football team, or that the necklace she's wearing is from getting jizzed on?

krystl
03-26-06, 07:28 PM
I don't think all that talk about Kellie is nice either Trish. I don't care if she's putting on an act or not. It's her talent or lack thereof that will determine how far she goes in the competition ultimately.

Personally, she brings some entertainment to the show, for me anyway.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-26-06, 07:36 PM
So that warrants her being called a slut who's taken on the football team, or that the necklace she's wearing is from getting jizzed on?

i didn't see that posted. on imdb, they bash her cause she acts clueless.

Trish
03-26-06, 07:42 PM
i didn't see that posted. on imdb, they bash her cause she acts clueless.

It was posted on the board where the pic of that dress was.

I don't think all that talk about Kellie is nice either Trish. I don't care if she's putting on an act or not. It's her talent or lack thereof that will determine how far she goes in the competition ultimately.

Personally, she brings some entertainment to the show, for me anyway.

I just don't get the hatred for someone on a TV show that will probably never be seen again...

RhodeyYankee2638
03-26-06, 07:47 PM
It was posted on the board where the pic of that dress was.

I just don't get the hatred for someone on a TV show that will probably never be seen again...

lol i'll read it now, i just looked at the pics

keg411
03-26-06, 07:56 PM
To be fair, I don't read the sites. I just got them linked from TWoP (where they pretty much make fun of her for being dumb as a box of rocks... or putting on an act) to see that the really slutty prom dress that was real and the really bad fashion beauty pageant outfits.

However, she does kind of play the "slutty", Britney-esque vibe on the show. Her performance of the Melissa Ethridge song had her in a corset and on her knees, and her performance of "Walking After Midnight" were both a little more suggestive than American Idol usually is. And the dress is pretty risque for a High School prom.

Not that she actually acts like a slut, but that dress doesn't do her any favors in terms of image. Does she deserve the comments? Probably not, but she isn't under age (she's 19) and chose to be on television. I still think she's worse for being (or acting) stupid and untalented, though, then choosing to wear a slutty dress.

ETA: As for "why make fun of reality stars" or the kids on Idol? I personally think it's amusing... but I don't really consider myself a nice person.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-26-06, 07:58 PM
Not that she actually acts like a slut, but that dress doesn't do her any favors in terms of image. Does she deserve the comments? Probably not, but she isn't under age (she's 19) and chose to be on television. I still think she's worse for being (or acting) stupid and untalented, though, then choosing to wear a slutty dress.

i personally support her wearing anything she feels proper. :) ;)

ritaylnil
03-27-06, 06:16 AM
I'm not crazy about Kellie because I think she's a phony. Even if she's not a phony, then she's just ultra-dumb. Either way, I don't like it. But I don't feel venom towards her. Those vicious comments are over the top, IMO.

gdn
03-27-06, 09:30 AM
People people. This is a SINGING competition.

yeahimweird
03-28-06, 08:15 PM
Tonight sucked so hard, except for Elliott and Paris.

The song choices were bad, and the vocals were average/bad.

ChocolateGirl
03-28-06, 08:16 PM
Kellie and Ace were obviously the weakest links tonight.

For the first time, I have to actually say that Bucky sang and had a better performance tonight than Chris. :eek:

Elliot is white boy with soul and I like him. I think he could really sing. His performance was way better than Taylor's tonight.

Paris was the best performance of the night.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-28-06, 08:17 PM
did anyone think paula was coked out of her mind? she was wild towards the end

ChocolateGirl
03-28-06, 08:17 PM
Just was wondering one question: Why didn't Kellie and Bucky try out for Nashville Idol instead? :confused:

ChocolateGirl
03-28-06, 08:19 PM
did anyone think paula was coked out of her mind? she was wild towards the end

I don't mind when she dances during the contestants performances. I think she is the only one who isn't a stiff and who actually enjoys the show. However, when she compliments the contestants (especially the guys like she did tonight with Ace), it kinda seem like she is crossing a fine line.

DanB
03-28-06, 08:22 PM
Note to Ace...if the song/album was double platinum it probably means that people liked it the way it was...you messed up a great song.

You can't win with the judges, if you try something new they tell you to go back to your roots, if you do the same thing over and over, they tell you to go out on a limb.

Taylor was good, Paris was the best...I can't stand Bucky's gravelly voice. Mandisa screamed too much this time, Elliot made me seasick watching him bounce. Kellie and Katherine are smokin HOT! Lisa was forgettable, Chris wasn't as good as usual (but he'll still be a rock star).

keg411
03-28-06, 08:27 PM
Taylor and Paris were the only good ones tonight. Bucky and Chris were okay. Everyone else sucked.

I personally thought Katharine was the worst. She ruined a very pretty Christina Aguilera song (I'm generally not a Christina fan, but I really like that song).

NYYBombshell
03-28-06, 08:34 PM

People who talk like that over internet don't have the stones to say it in real life. If they met that girl on the street, they'd fall all over themselves kissing her ass.

Luvtino
03-28-06, 08:34 PM
Tonight was pretty brutal. There were some pretty bad performances. Others weren't as good as usual. hey need to pick better songs as some of the choices were just awful given all the songs they had to choose from.

Elliot and Paris got the job done as well. Katherine is a fave and has an outstanding voice, but it wasn't her best. And I also love Chris, but this wasn't his finest performance either. All deserve to be safe as do Taylor and Mandisa. Not the best night for some of these contestants, but they should all be safe and then some. All have been vg thus far.

LT had a rough night. Kellie and Ace were pretty bad also. I loved the song Ace sang, but he didn't do it justice nor did he highlight his best attribute. These 3 could all be in danger of being in the bottom 3, but given big fan bases it should be interesting to see what happens. Bucky's style of music isn't for me, but he was good if you like that genre. He could still be at the bottom of the voting pool. I am curious to see how it all pans out. Gut tells me this could be it for LT or Bucky.

Luvtino
03-28-06, 08:38 PM
You can't win with the judges, if you try something new they tell you to go back to your roots, if you do the same thing over and over, they tell you to go out on a limb.

I felt that way about Chris tonight. It wasn't his best performance, but I do think he will be a star one day.

Last week Simon is congratulating him on not compromising and tonight he is telling him he needs to stop doing the same thing week after week. If he does something different I hope he does it well and they don't crucify him.

Barb51850
03-28-06, 08:54 PM
Tonight was very underwhelming on the whole. Lisa was horrible, and Mandisa was not as good as usual. Katherine was very good, as were Elliott and Taylor. Something about Paris bothers me. I agree with Simon that Chris needs to start showing that he can sing something other than rock. Bucky was OK, but he was singing a country song which he obviously prefers. Ace is getting on my nerves with those glares into the camera when he finishes a song, and I'm sick of Kelly and her "cute and dumb" act. Can you tell I can't wait for certain people to leave? ;)

keg411
03-28-06, 09:08 PM
People who talk like that over internet don't have the stones to say it in real life. If they met that girl on the street, they'd fall all over themselves kissing her ass.

If I ever saw her, I'd probably look the other way, and then if I was with people I knew, point and laugh. She acts like a dumbass on the show and she can't sing. Would I tell her in real life if I had the opportunity? Probably not, but I wouldn't kiss her ass either... if she directly asked me if I liked her, I'd probably say that I like Paris, Taylor, and Chris but some of my friends like her. I mean, if I ever met a Curt Schilling, I probably wouldn't call him a loudmouth douchebag to his face, even if I (and plenty of people) would on the internet ;).

I guess I just don't understand why the people on Idol should be less ridiculed than someone on Survivor or Big Brother or The Real World or any other reality show. I can see why there might be a problem with the minors, but Kellie is 19.

ChocolateGirl
03-28-06, 09:29 PM
Bucky was OK, but he was singing a country song which he obviously prefers. Ace is getting on my nerves with those glares into the camera when he finishes a song, and I'm sick of Kelly and her "cute and dumb" act. Can you tell I can't wait for certain people to leave? ;)

You and me both Barb are on the same exact page except the part about Paris. Ace needs to get into modeling and Kellie and Bucky needs to go on Nashville Idol pronto. :barf:

NYYBombshell
03-28-06, 09:32 PM
If I ever saw her, I'd probably look the other way, and then if I was with people I knew, point and laugh. She acts like a dumbass on the show and she can't sing. Would I tell her in real life if I had the opportunity? Probably not, but I wouldn't kiss her ass either... if she directly asked me if I liked her, I'd probably say that I like Paris, Taylor, and Chris but some of my friends like her. I mean, if I ever met a Curt Schilling, I probably wouldn't call him a loudmouth douchebag to his face, even if I (and plenty of people) would on the internet ;).

I guess I just don't understand why the people on Idol should be less ridiculed than someone on Survivor or Big Brother or The Real World or any other reality show. I can see why there might be a problem with the minors, but Kellie is 19.

It's one thing to ridicule someone, we're all guilty of doing that. But some of the things those people said about her bordered on disgusting and there is a difference.

Luvtino
03-28-06, 09:43 PM
When Ace opened his shirt and showed his scar during the song it was pretty cheesy. :o

Kellie nor Ace should win. They don't have the singing chops to do so. I will be upset if they stay longer than they should. :(

ritaylnil
03-28-06, 10:08 PM
Note to Ace...if the song/album was double platinum it probably means that people liked it the way it was...you messed up a great song.

Taylor was good, Paris was the best...I can't stand Bucky's gravelly voice. Mandisa screamed too much this time, Elliot made me seasick watching him bounce. Kellie and Katherine are smokin HOT! Lisa was forgettable, Chris wasn't as good as usual (but he'll still be a rock star).

I agree with all of this except that I don't think Kellie is smokin hot! Dumb-acting people are just not hot to me. Whether she's faking it or not, it detracts from her looks. I guess most guys don't care about that, but to me the dumb thing on either a guy or a gal is a real turnoff. As for the song she sang, boy, that was pitiful!

JfromJersey
03-29-06, 12:50 AM
You would think that choosing your own contemporary song would result in some very strong performances, but almost everyone was off tonight. Lisa looks like an early favorite to get the boot. Kellie was in her element, but she is too C&W. Ace is trying hard to get by on his looks. Taylor controlled himself tonight for a change but didn't knock anyone's socks off. Mandisa chose the wrong song. Chris is sticking to the formula he knows best and is most effective at, but it is becoming repetitive. Katherine was pretty good, but she's obviously not quite in Christina Aguilera's class as a vocalist. Bucky was also in his element (maybe he and Kellie should elope). Paris was by far the best of the evening despite what Simon said. Elliot was strong vocally but still doesn't look comfortable performing.

yeahimweird
03-29-06, 01:00 AM
When Ace opened his shirt and showed his scar during the song it was pretty cheesy. :o

Kellie nor Ace should win. They don't have the singing chops to do so. I will be upset if they stay longer than they should. :(

I thought the scar thing was a little over the top myself, but I'll be damned if I don't want to touch it. Heh.

If Kellie Pickler wins the whole thing, I'm moving out of the country.

Luvtino
03-29-06, 01:37 AM
I thought the scar thing was a little over the top myself, but I'll be damned if I don't want to touch it. Heh.

If Kellie Pickler wins the whole thing, I'm moving out of the country.

I hear ya. He's hot. :o

I will move with you. ;)

#1PaFan
03-29-06, 04:45 AM
Hang in there, Lisa.

Trish
03-29-06, 06:05 AM
Paris just annoys the isht out of me. Ugh.

allybear
03-29-06, 07:39 AM
I didn't get to see some of it because I got home late and was trying to cook and watch TV at the same time (the TV isn't in the kitchen, so it's kinda hard). But, based on what I saw, I think picking your own contemporary song was part of the problem - no one moved away from their comfort zone at all, which was fine, but I think it worked against a lot of them.

I didn't see Kellie, I'm sure if she did a country song she was fine, and I'm sure she'll say something incredibly stupid tonight.

I put the TV on when Ace was on - love the song, but damn he did a bad job of it.

Strangely, this was the first week I actually liked Katherine as much as everyone else seems to.

Chris should have done a power ballad type song - I thought of a great one he could have done (OK, that's because I like it) - "The Reason" - it's from 2003, so that's the 21st century, it would have fit his range, and he would have shown he can do something else. But I still like him.

Bucky definitely should have been on "Nashville Idol" - he would have a much better chance there. My dog Bucky was happy because for once I wasn't saying how terrible Bucky was! :lol: I've asked my dog Bucky in past weeks if he sits around the house all day calling in for his namesake!

Mandisa can sing, but again, doing a gospel song she's been singing forever didn't really show anyone anything new.

Taylor was good as usual, and Paris annoyed me (I'm glad other people are annoyed by her, I don't know why, but she sometimes gets on my nerves) and I didn't like the song (but I guess it's not her fault that it's not my kind of music).

For one reason or another I missed Elliott (JP said he was good, though), Lisa, and as previously mentioned, Kellie, so I have no clue.

silverdsl
03-29-06, 08:41 AM
You would think that choosing your own contemporary song would result in some very strong performances, but almost everyone was off tonight.Yeah, I was very underwhelmed by the performances last night. I would have thought that theme would have given them such a large variety of songs in all kinds of genres to pick from that every one of them would have been able to find the perfect song to showcase their voices. Not so. Really a disappointment last night.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-29-06, 08:46 AM
Paris just annoys the isht out of me. Ugh.

all she says is Thank You. even when Simon bashed her last night she said "thank you simon." The whole 'im the sweetest, cutest thing in the world' that Kellie and Paris are doing is really gettin on my nerves. Thats why I really like Mandisa, she doesn't need a gimmick, she can bring it with the voice

NYYfan24
03-29-06, 08:51 AM
A really disappointing night for all of them. I thought Elliott, Katharine and Taylor..we the top three.

Lisa (I really like her..hopes she stays another week and picks it up a bit), Ace and Kellie were the bottom three. I really can't figure out the attraction to Ace (ok, he is cute....but) it kind of fits in the Constantine thing last year...but I didn't even think he was cute.

krystl
03-29-06, 09:18 AM
I pretty much agree with everyone on last night's show. I was just sitting there wondering who, if anyone was gonna "bring it".

A couple things...Simon was dead on with his comment to Chris, IMO. I love his voice and stage presence, but please Chris. Show us you are capable of singing a ballad. Even Steven Tyler can sing a ballad once in a while.

Ace's scar thing...that was just wierd. I started out loving Ace, but he's getting a little creepy. And Paula's comment about the scar...damn, is she not into guys her own age at all??

51BWilliams
03-29-06, 09:23 AM
A couple things...Simon was dead on with his comment to Chris, IMO. I love his voice and stage presence, but please Chris. Show us you are capable of singing a ballad. Even Steven Tyler can sing a ballad once in a while.

The thing with this comment is that a few weeks ago, Simon praised him for not comprimising who he was, and this week, he basically tells him to comprimise.

What a douche.

ChocolateGirl
03-29-06, 09:31 AM
I still think that Kellie, Ace and Bucky needs to leave before Lisa. Lisa can sing and I hope that she is given a chance to proove herself.

As for all this Paris bashing I just don't understand it.Yeah she plays the "cutie 17 year old" card because that is the label the judges put on her. And it seems to have slipped some people's minds, that the girl could sing. Rememeber the early preliminaries? Therefore she was picked for the final 24 and voted into the final 12.

Kellie is also playing the cutie teeny bopper card because Simon and Paula if I remember also told her that she was "so cute and adorable". So like Paris she is relying on that to get her through this competition. Only thing is Paris vocal range is better than Kellie. Both girls are very humble. I just hate the fact that Kellie acts like a "dumb blonde". She should try to break that stereotype. :o

krystl
03-29-06, 09:32 AM
The thing with this comment is that a few weeks ago, Simon praised him for not comprimising who he was, and this week, he basically tells him to comprimise.

What a douche.
No, I know. But I think Chris can find a different song that still shows his talent but not be wailing and swining the mike every time.
Bo had a very stylized voice, but was able to sing all different kinds of songs to show his range of talent (like when he did Time in a Bottle).

I think that's what Simon is trying to say. All Chris's performances are starting to sound the same.

ChocolateGirl
03-29-06, 09:40 AM

I am not a big fan of Rock music but even I know that Lenny Kravitz, Guns and Roses and Bon Jovi sang many rock ballards. Chris needs to stick to the rock genre but show different sides to the genre. Like allybear had mentioned, the song The Reason that came out in 2003 would have been a great choice for his vocals.

krystl
03-29-06, 09:51 AM
I am not a big fan of Rock music but even I know that Lenny Kravitz, Guns and Roses and Bon Jovi sang many rock ballards. Chris needs to stick to the rock genre but show different sides to the genre. Like allybear had mentioned, the song The Reason that came out in 2003 would have been a great choice for his vocals.
Exactly. :)
I know Chris has already done a Bon Jovi song, but I would like to hear him sing Bed of Roses.

ChocolateGirl
03-29-06, 10:06 AM
Exactly. :)
I know Chris has already done a Bon Jovi song, but I would like to hear him sing Bed of Roses.

Or how about Bon Jovi's Always or Blaze of Glory.

Guns and Roses - Sweet Child of Mine, Please Don't Cry, Knocking on Heaven's Door, November Rain

There is many to choose from Aerosmith -Cryin, Crazy, Amazin, What It Takes, Dream on, Jaded, Pink, Janie's Got a Gun

Lenny Kravits - American Women, Lady, Again, Fly Away

What Simon meant by his performances sounding the same is that he doesn't neccessarily doesn't have to sing ballards but tone it down a bit and be more versatile.

CoyoteYankee
03-29-06, 10:52 AM
The reviews on here aren't making me anxious to go home and watch the show! Oh well. At least I can zip through the boring ones. I hope that Bucky is going home this week. He's escaped twice now. Time to go.

JfromJersey
03-29-06, 01:00 PM
The reviews on here aren't making me anxious to go home and watch the show! Oh well. At least I can zip through the boring ones. I hope that Bucky is going home this week. He's escaped twice now. Time to go.

Just remember that Bucky and Kellie are going to get a lot of votes from south of the so called Mason Dixon line.

b-ball-lunachick
03-29-06, 01:25 PM

I said the same thing last night. :) so true...

As much as that Paris annoys me, I thought she was pretty good last night..Katharine I love but wasn't as great although I don't know the song that well -- they thought she was better than I did...Taylor was good even though I don't know the song he sang..

Either lisa or bucky needs to go...I couldn't understand what Bucky was saying either -- can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Paula. :D

gdn
03-29-06, 01:48 PM
What did Taylor sing?

Trish
03-29-06, 02:02 PM
What did Taylor sing?
A song I don't know called "Trouble." He is my favorite of all of them.

The artist is Ray LaMontagne. I never heard of him.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002S947K/102-6400443-5076968?v=glance&n=5174

gdn
03-29-06, 02:08 PM
A song I don't know called "Trouble." He is my favorite of all of them.

The artist is Ray LaMontagne. I never heard of him.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002S947K/102-6400443-5076968?v=glance&n=5174He sang THAT! :eek: WOW!

Trish
03-29-06, 02:16 PM
He sang THAT! :eek: WOW!
I loved it!

gdn
03-29-06, 02:37 PM
I loved it!The guy is awesome.

Barb51850
03-29-06, 03:06 PM
The guy is awesome.

Let me add my name to the list of Taylor fans. Taylor is fantastic, and I look forward to hearing him sing every week. It is obvious that he loves music and singing.

Luvtino
03-29-06, 03:17 PM
I adore Taylor. He's different and he's very consistent every week.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-29-06, 03:45 PM
I adore Taylor. He's different and he's very consistent every week.

i love his dancing, its so bad its actually good. he has a lot of confidence

smr15
03-29-06, 04:17 PM
He reminds me of Joe Cocker......... and as I type this I realize most of you are way too young to even have a small CLUE as to who Joe Cocker was, and how he looked when he sang.

Yikes.
I are old.

#1PaFan
03-29-06, 04:47 PM
He reminds me of Joe Cocker......... and as I type this I realize most of you are way too young to even have a small CLUE as to who Joe Cocker was, and how he looked when he sang.

Yikes.
I are old.

John Belushi on SNL. That impersonation was Classic! :gulp:

smr15
03-29-06, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah.
Belushi looked more like Joe Cocker than Joe did. ha.

Remember that episode SNL had Joe C. on, and he and Belushi did "Delta Lady" together? ( I think it was Delta Lady they sang.....)

NYYBombshell
03-29-06, 05:01 PM

Yikes.
I are old.

I've seen footage of Joe Cocker live, and he was very spastic. Although watching Belushi mimic Cocker as Cocker is performing......now that was funny.

gdn
03-29-06, 08:23 PM
Katherine is in the bottom three? WOW.

krystl
03-29-06, 08:37 PM
Yeah, that was kind of surprising. But Lisa going home was not.

Gee, think there's someone involved with the show who wants to keep Bucky and Kellie around at least another week? Country week?? Please.

Barb51850
03-29-06, 08:39 PM
John Belushi on SNL. That impersonation was Classic! :gulp:

That was one of the funniest bits I had ever seen in my life.

yeahimweird
03-29-06, 08:43 PM

I called it.

I'm getting too good at this.

gdn
03-29-06, 08:45 PM
Ace needs to go. He's cheesy.

allybear
03-29-06, 08:52 PM
I cannot believe that many people could possibly think Ace is good looking enough to keep around - it can't be because of his singing, because I sing better in my car and I can't sing. And his stare just creeps me out.

Sorry your girl had to go, George...I was hoping it would be Ace, but that really was terrible song selection on her part! I mean, geez, not like you don't hear the original every five minutes on the radio, sung better, by a past winner.

Oh well.

yeahimweird
03-29-06, 08:57 PM
I'll be honest and say that I'm glad Ace is sticking around. I realize that it's incredibly shallow of me, but whatever.

Next week's theme sucks so bad. I have a very low tolerance for country music. :barf:

krystl
03-29-06, 08:57 PM
I was one of Ace's biggest supporters in the beginning. But he is turning more Corny-like every week. The stare at the end and then that weird thing wth the scar.

krystl
03-29-06, 09:00 PM
I'll be honest and say that I'm glad Ace is sticking around. I realize that it's incredibly shallow of me, but whatever.

Next week's theme sucks so bad. I have a very low tolerance for country music. :barf:
I don't mind country music generally. But that's almost all Bucky has been singing and Kellie did a country song jst this week. It's not frikkin Country Idol!!

yeahimweird
03-29-06, 09:03 PM
I don't mind country music generally. But that's almost all Bucky has been singing and Kellie did a country song jst this week. It's not frikkin Country Idol!!

Kellie doesn't even do her own genre well. But America loves a dumb blonde, so she'll be safe.

They should have had her and Bucky pick something other than country songs, if they knew country songs would be a theme the following week.

Luvtino
03-29-06, 09:21 PM
So Katherine is in the bottom 3, but Kellie and Bucky aren't?! That's just wrong. This is a sign to vote and to vote often for those that deserve to stay in the competition.

I wasn't surprised to see LT go home, but she can sing better than quite a few that are still in the running. I feel for her. She was a sweet and talented girl.

krystl
03-29-06, 09:31 PM
So Katherine is in the bottom 3, but Kellie and Bucky aren't?! That's just wrong. This is a sign to vote and to vote often for those that deserve to stay in the competition.

I wasn't surprised to see LT go home, but she can sing better than quite a few that are still in the running. I feel for her. She was a sweet and talented girl.
Yep, bottom 3 was Ace, Lisa and Katherine.

I wondered tonight if they (the AI people) wanted to make up their own bottom 3 to stir things up, how would anyone really know?

JfromJersey
03-29-06, 09:35 PM
It's quite shocking that Katherine, who is not only great looking, but is a great singer, had the 2nd lowest vote total. I'm going to have to get off my kiester and vote next week. Unfortunately, with Country being next week's theme, it looks like Kellie, and (worst of all) Bucky will make it to the top 8.

Luvtino
03-29-06, 09:35 PM

I wondered tonight if they (the AI people) wanted to make up their own bottom 3 to stir things up, how would anyone really know?

I have often wondered the same exact thing. They don't want it to become too predictable so they stir the pot a bit on their own.

Ace's time could be coming to an end if he doesn't step it up. I don't like country music, but next week definitely works in Kellie and Bucky's favor. If they bomb it will hopefully send one of them packing.

Luvtino
03-29-06, 09:37 PM
Katherine is beautiful. Did anyone else notice how much weight she is losing?! Every week she is thinner than the week before. Really pretty gir.

krystl
03-29-06, 09:47 PM
Katherine is beautiful. Did anyone else notice how much weight she is losing?! Every week she is thinner than the week before. Really pretty girl.
I've always thought she was a natural beauty, but honestly, her face is looking too thin to me all of a sudden.

keg411
03-29-06, 11:20 PM
Katharine is usually good, but she butchered that song last night and got unwarrented praise which usually equals a bottom three appearance (without going home).

Ace should be dead next week as there is no way that boy can do country. Despite the fact that I still think he's kind of cute (but not as much as when he did "Father Figure"... but I'm starting to think that's a fluke).

The Top Three is so Kellie, Taylor and Chris and the final two will probably be Chris/Taylor. Of course, I could be biased because I like both, but I think they're the most talented and would make the best records out of the group.

ritaylnil
03-30-06, 06:18 AM
The Top Three is so Kellie, Taylor and Chris

:eek: Please tell me you mis-typed! Kellie in the top 3 :barf: ?!?!?! That would be an utter travesty!

ritaylnil
03-30-06, 06:20 AM
Hey folks! Don't be so sure Kellie and Bucky will look so good singing country next week. There are several singers good enough to pull off any genre and Kellie and Bucky may be shown up!

LilChief
03-30-06, 06:34 AM
I can't believe they are handing Kellie and Bucky a Country category for next week. Talk about setting them up to stay another week! :mad: Those two should have BOTH been out before some of the others, and the longer they linger the more I worry that they might keep sticking around. I'm not saying Lisa or Melissa or Kevin were great or could have won, but BUCKY? is still there? Miss "What's a Ballsy" "Thannnnk UUUUU" is still there? PLEASE!!!!!

This is starting to remind me of when my 10 year old daughter made us all watch "Dancing with the Stars" (she's a dance freak) and I flat out told her if Master P didn't get voted off that week we were no longer watching the show. She was glad to see him finally go so she could keep watching.

The only one of "these types" of shows that went strictly by the judges votes was the Skating one (Yes my daughter loves skating too:P ) There was no public vote, therefore it seemed alot more fair as to who went home each time. I'm starting to agree with somebody's suggestion that they limit the votes to 1 per phone # or something...

allybear
03-30-06, 07:14 AM
So so so true...every week I say this is when Bucky will be leaving, and he just keeps hanging around! Although my dog likes him - he has the same name, the same hair color, and the same singing ability! :lol:

gdn
03-30-06, 08:05 AM
Ace needs to go. He's creepy.

NelsonMuntz
03-30-06, 08:29 AM
Shakira's hips don't like. Finally a reason to watch American Idol :drool:

NYYfan24
03-30-06, 09:08 AM
I'm still in shock over Katharine's being in the bottom 2!!
Her performance this week was awful....but she's been great until this point. However, I have to say, this is the first week I didn't vote! Yikes.

Ace and Bucky still around? Give me a break.

keg411
03-30-06, 11:15 AM
:eek: Please tell me you mis-typed! Kellie in the top 3 :barf: ?!?!?! That would be an utter travesty!

Unfortunately it's not. She seems to have a huge fanbase of those who think she's "cuuuute" and "had a hard life" and therefore deserves to win. However, I think she'll be overmatched if she gets to the Top Three with Taylor and Chris who both may have bigger fanbases. I'm definitely sure she'll last longer than Paris, Mandisa, Elliot and Katharine, all who are more talented than her.

ChocolateGirl
03-30-06, 01:37 PM
They should have had her and Bucky pick something other than country songs, if they knew country songs would be a theme the following week.

I have low tolerance for country music as well. Having said that, it is unfair to have "country music night" when 2 of your contestants have sang country music so many times with the exception of Stevie Wonder week. :o There should be another option. How about changing the theme to Country/Gospel night? I think Elliot, Taylor, Paris and Mandisa will all be within their element if given this choice. I hate the fact that next weeks theme could send home either Ace or Katherine before Bucky or Kellie. :mad:

I was one of Ace's biggest supporters in the beginning. But he is turning more Corny-like every week. The stare at the end and then that weird thing wth the scar.

I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I also thought that performance was so cheesy. :o

krystl
03-30-06, 01:55 PM
I have low tolerance for country music as well. Having said that, it is unfair to have "country music night" when 2 of your contestants have sang country music so many times with the exception of Stevie Wonder week. :o There should be another option. How about changing the theme to Country/Gospel night? I think Elliot, Taylor, Paris and Mandisa will all be within their element if given this choice. I hate the fact that next weeks theme could send home either Ace or Katherine before Bucky or Kellie. :mad:

I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I also thought that performance was so cheesy. :o
I actually didn't even notice he was rubbing his scar until Paula mentioned it after he sang.

IronCaballo4
03-30-06, 02:23 PM

I think a Gospel night would be awesome

Barb51850
03-30-06, 03:17 PM
I think a Gospel night would be awesome

Yes, a Gospel night would be nice. I would also like a Beatles theme, also blues, movie songs, show tunes. I remember some of these from last year.

Luvtino
03-30-06, 03:34 PM
I actually didn't even notice he was rubbing his scar until Paula mentioned it after he sang.

I was dying when Paula said she wanted to hear the story about how it happened and Simon says, "Paaaaula." It was hysterical. :lol:

Luvtino
03-30-06, 03:36 PM
Yes, a Gospel night would be nice. I would also like a Beatles theme, also blues, movie songs, show tunes. I remember some of these from last year.

I prefer those categories to country as well. It would have been nice if it was Gospel/Country to at least make it a little more entertaining.

I am still hoping that Kellie and/or Bucky do poorly so maybe we can get rid of one of them sooner rather tha later. I hate when good contestants go before the bad ones.

SheffRocks11
03-30-06, 06:29 PM
I was dying when Paula said she wanted to hear the story about how it happened and Simon says, "Paaaaula." It was hysterical. :lol:

Simon's a riot.:P

krystl
03-30-06, 06:49 PM
Simon's a riot.:P
Simon has actually grown on me. I couldn't stand him in season 1 at all. Through the past few seasons, I have come to appreciate his critiques. Although sometimes he still goes a little too far, but he's honest unlike asskisser Paula.

CoyoteYankee
03-30-06, 10:41 PM

I have often wondered the same exact thing. They don't want it to become too predictable so they stir the pot a bit on their own.

Ace's time could be coming to an end if he doesn't step it up. I don't like country music, but next week definitely works in Kellie and Bucky's favor. If they bomb it will hopefully send one of them packing.

I was just talking about this with a friend. I swear that every year they put one of the top contenders in the bottom three on purpose. I think they want people to freak out and start voting more.

Luvtino
03-30-06, 11:01 PM
I was just talking about this with a friend. I swear that every year they put one of the top contenders in the bottom three on purpose. I think they want people to freak out and start voting more.

It worked. I will start voting and often at that next week. :D

Trish
03-31-06, 06:02 AM
Did anyone ever read the Idolonfox.com message boards?

What a bunch of illiterate trash.

Barb51850
03-31-06, 08:17 AM

I totally agree.

Even more of a shocker than Katherine - Remember what happened with Constantine last year? He was never in the bottom three, then in the next show he is not only in the bottom three but completely off the show. How was that possible? Sometimes I wonder if the voting means anything.

Something else I've noticed. Why with certain contestants do they seem to use more stage effects - flashing lights, smoke. Notice this particularly whenever Chris sings.

krystl
03-31-06, 08:19 AM
They had some trivia question (not sure if it was during Idol or what) that asked which 2 contestants were never in the bottom 3. I think one was Kelly Clarkson but I don't remember the other. Carrie or fantasia maybe?

krystl
03-31-06, 08:20 AM
I totally agree.

Something else I've noticed. Why with certain contestants do they seem to use more stage effects - flashing lights, smoke. Notice this particularly whenever Chris sings.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonderif the contestants have anythng to do with those decisions.

yankeefreak04
03-31-06, 09:35 AM
They had some trivia question (not sure if it was during Idol or what) that asked which 2 contestants were never in the bottom 3. I think one was Kelly Clarkson but I don't remember the other. Carrie or fantasia maybe?

The other answer was Carrie Underwood... Her and Kelly Clarkson are the only two contestants to never be in the bottom 3... Fantasia was at least once and possibly twice...

yankeefreak04
03-31-06, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonderif the contestants have anythng to do with those decisions.

The contestants work with the music producer as well as the stage producers and choose their own special effects (smoke, lighting, etc.)... Chris chooses to have all the special effects and all the contestants have the same option if they want it... This was noted on "American Idol Extra" which is a DirecTV exclusive show on their "Free" channel on 334, I think it is...

krystl
03-31-06, 11:47 AM
The contestants work with the music producer as well as the stage producers and choose their own special effects (smoke, lighting, etc.)... Chris chooses to have all the special effects and all the contestants have the same option if they want it... This was noted on "American Idol Extra" which is a DirecTV exclusive show on their "Free" channel on 334, I think it is...
Thanks for the info. :)

IronCaballo4
03-31-06, 02:04 PM
even better: Mariachi Night!

yankeefreak04
03-31-06, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the info. :)

Not a problem, Krystl... Glad I could help... ;)

JfromJersey
04-04-06, 08:07 PM
Taylor was pretty weak tonight.
Mandisa too. She was like a fish out of water.
Elliot did a nice job with his vocals.
Paris was also out of her element and it showed.
Ace and Chris both did well.
Pickler nailed her song (surprise surprise).
Katherine's vocals were pretty good, and she looked sexy.
Bucky was in his element but I didn't think he was that great.

yeahimweird
04-04-06, 08:16 PM
The three I was worried about most did pretty well tonight.

Kind of boring, only a small step up from last week. It was nice to not have Chris yelling at me, too. :lol:

Luvtino
04-04-06, 08:37 PM
I didn't know more than half of the songs tonight. Just goes to show how much I love country music. :D They need to ditch the country theme. Maybe Simon will talk them into never having it again. :o

I am still praying that Bucky goes this week. He wasn't even great in his own genre which should tell you something. If he doesn't go I am going to be pretty upset. Not sure who the bottom 3 will be due to big fanbases.

Katherine was my fave amongst the girls. Pickler got the job done which was no big shock. Mandisa and Paris weren't awful, but neither were at their best either. None of the girls should go this week.

I thought Chris and Ace were vg. Elliot needs to get his nerves under control a bit. He's a great singer and he needs to trust that. He was also pretty good tonight. Not Taylor's best performance and going first never helps any either. I didn't think he was awful like Simon did.

It should be an interesting vote.

yeahimweird
04-04-06, 08:50 PM
I didn't know more than half of the songs tonight. Just goes to show how much I love country music. :D They need to ditch the country theme. Maybe Simon will talk them into never having it again. :o

I only knew two songs and they were Paris' and Bucky's. I had no idea that a country artist covered Best I've Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning).

Luvtino
04-04-06, 08:57 PM
I only knew two song and they were Paris' and Bucky's. I had no idea that a country artist covered Best I've Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning).

I knew the songs Paris and Taylor performed. I had also heard the song Bucky sang, but God knows where. :o

I was wondering if the guys would go for something that I think is considered Country Rock.

Trish
04-04-06, 09:06 PM
Yawn....:lol:

None blew me away. Elliot was the best though, IMO.

Taylor could have chosen a better song that suited his voice, there are plenty of bluesy/country songs out there.

Barb51850
04-04-06, 09:19 PM
I'm so happy "country night" is over. I hate that music!!

I thought the following people were best:

Kelly, Chris, Katherine, Elliott

Please Mandisa - You are a beautiful woman, but - Do not wear that outfit again!

smr15
04-04-06, 09:49 PM
The last two weeks have left me bored and unimpressed.

Luvtino
04-04-06, 09:52 PM
Did they announce next week's theme yet?!

yeahimweird
04-04-06, 10:21 PM
Did they announce next week's theme yet?!

Next week was rumored to be Queen, but now it's just Rock.

Luvtino
04-04-06, 10:28 PM
Next week was rumored to be Queen, but now it's just Rock.

Beats the heck out of country. :D

ChocolateGirl
04-05-06, 12:16 AM
I hope they have an R&B night (and no Stevie Wonder night doesn't count). That is a genre that is definately out of Kelly's and Bucky's league. Also a Prince night would be a good idea since he is a mixture of Rock, Pop and R&B.

yeahimweird
04-05-06, 01:47 AM
I hope they have an R&B night (and no Stevie Wonder night doesn't count). That is a genre that is definately out of Kelly's and Bucky's league. Also a Prince night would be a good idea since he is a mixture of Rock, Pop and R&B.

Prince would never allow his songs on a show like American Idol.

Big_E
04-05-06, 05:45 AM
I know all the songs they sang last night. :)

That was an absolutely horrible rendition of "Any Man of Mine" (Shania Twain) by Mandisa.

Trish
04-05-06, 06:18 AM
Prince would never allow his songs on a show like American Idol.
I heard on the radio that there is going to be a Prince night, and that the record company is forcing him to appear at the show or they won't promote his album. Or something like that.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/66397.htm

krystl
04-05-06, 08:20 AM
I'm so happy "country night" is over. I hate that music!!

I thought the following people were best:

Kelly, Chris, Katherine, Elliott

Please Mandisa - You are a beautiful woman, but - Do not wear that outfit again!
I agree Mandisa has style and can look great but I have been saying for weeks she shouldn't wear jeans. They are just not flattering on her.

As for the show last night, I was unimpressed with most. IMO, Katherine was the best. No nerves, it just seemed so natural for her.

You know what I was hoping someone would sing? Thank God I'm a Country Boy. :lol:
They could have really got people going and I think that song would have been good for Bucky. He should be going tonight,
'
What I don't get is why people insist on singing such unknown songs. True, not everyone likes country, but there are some country songs everyone knows.

I've been more than disappointed for awhile now. I hope someone steps things up soon.