PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

gdn
02-25-06, 01:44 PM
Ace has no range

yeahimweird
02-25-06, 01:47 PM
One of my co-workers said his wife looked at the T.V. and said, "You ARE my daddy!" And this is 50 year old woman! :lol:

:lol:

For what it's worth, Father Figure is also #40 on the iTunes Top 100 songs list. It really shot up after AI on Wednesday. Why else would anyone want to download a George Michael song otherwise? :lol:

gdn
02-25-06, 01:48 PM

For what it's worth, Father Figure is also #40 on the iTunes Top 100 songs list. It really shot up after AI on Wednesday. Why else would anyone want to download a George Michael song otherwise? :lol:Hey! Father Figure is a good song!

yeahimweird
02-25-06, 01:52 PM
Hey! Father Figure is a good song!

I never said it wasn't. :P

gdn
02-25-06, 01:53 PM
I never said it wasn't. :P:dunno:

yeahimweird
02-25-06, 01:54 PM
:dunno:

What? :lol:

I only said that because the top 100 songs are usually more current, that's all.

gdn
02-25-06, 01:58 PM
What? :lol:

I only said that because the top 100 songs are usually more current, that's all.I know, but there was an undercurrent of amusement there :p

CoyoteYankee
02-25-06, 03:59 PM
Aww, I think he's ok. He's better than that red haired kid.

Agreed. My ex-roommate is making fun of me because I didn't like the crooner from last year but I like this guy. I don't know why.

On another note, while he has a great voice, how come the judges never seem to mention the pronounced lisp that Kevin has? He is a nice sweet kid but I get distracted by it when he sings.

Ace is a cutie...he doesn't have the best voice of the guys but it is decent enough that between that and his looks he will probably do well in the competition.

Down with Brenna!

krystl
02-25-06, 07:08 PM
Agreed. My ex-roommate is making fun of me because I didn't like the crooner from last year but I like this guy. I don't know why.

On another note, while he has a great voice, how come the judges never seem to mention the pronounced lisp that Kevin has? He is a nice sweet kid but I get distracted by it when he sings.

Ace is a cutie...he doesn't have the best voice of the guys but it is decent enough that between that and his looks he will probably do well in the competition.

Down with Brenna!
I've kind of wondered about the lisp myself. I guess they figure he knows about it so why call attention to it.

OxDiesel
02-26-06, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by OxDiesel
He will take it all. I have NEVER seen Wifey lose her cool around ANY guy, and she was actually biting her lip, smiling, and even said, "OH, yeah."

I thought she was going to take my panties off and throw them at the TV.

Heh!! Another Troy Aikman Fan. Sure "OxDiesel" blame it on the wife! LOL :gulp:

You old fart.
Maybe if you spent less time living out your tendencies through other people you would have actually been a threat to me in the NYYFFFL. :P ;)

yeahimweird
02-28-06, 01:49 AM
There's a rumor flying around that Katharine McPhee may have dropped out of the competition. I know this happened with Mario last year, but that was confirmed pretty quickly.

What would AI be without some drama? :lol:

Luvtino
02-28-06, 03:17 AM
Katherine is my fave among the girls. I really hope she didn't leave the competition due to sickness or family emergency. I hope it is just a rumor.

krystl
02-28-06, 03:01 PM
There's a rumor flying around that Katharine McPhee may have dropped out of the competition. I know this happened with Mario last year, but that was confirmed pretty quickly.

What would AI be without some drama? :lol:
She was definitely one of the most talented, if not THE most talented. I hope everything is ok.

Whatever happened to Mario anyway?
Rumor had it he was offered a contract, but I never hear anything about him.

Trish
02-28-06, 05:00 PM
Katherine is my fave among the girls. I really hope she didn't leave the competition due to sickness or family emergency. I hope it is just a rumor.
I googled but didn't find any news about her, so hopefully it was just a rumor. I think she's great as well.

yeahimweird
02-28-06, 06:05 PM
I googled but didn't find any news about her, so hopefully it was just a rumor. I think she's great as well.

I definitely didn't see anything else, besides the rumor. I think it's going to remain that. It would have been confirmed already anyway.

The rumor was that she was going to leave, and sue the show because it is coming off like they want to name a male idol this year.

#1PaFan
02-28-06, 06:17 PM

Hey, root for Lisa Tucker. It's worth money to your Hero here. :D :gulp:

NYYfan24
02-28-06, 06:18 PM
She was definitely one of the most talented, if not THE most talented. I hope everything is ok.

I agree...I check on a couple of sites and saw nothing about this rumor. Hopefully that's all it is!

Luvtino
02-28-06, 07:30 PM
Hey, root for Lisa Tucker. It's worth money to your Hero here. :D :gulp:

She's up there on my list too!! She's my second fave girl, but now my first choice as it helps you out. ;) Cheers buddy!! :gulp:

#1PaFan
02-28-06, 08:30 PM
Well, I like my chances! The young lady is pretty darn good. :gulp:

Now, I can get back to Law & Order reruns. :D

yeahimweird
02-28-06, 11:15 PM
Tonight sucked so badly.

UGH.

ChocolateGirl
03-01-06, 03:40 AM
We have a Pool at work for this crap. I drew Lisa Tucker. Does anybody here think she has a chance?

I think Lisa, Paris, and Mandesa will definately cruz throughout this show and end up being in the top 3. Kellie Pickler who sang "Lets give them something to talk about" has some spunk in her. The rest of the contestant are just plain boring and dull. :snooze: Brenna (aka Ms. Diva) and Kinnik will be better off if they start picking better songs to sing and show their full vocal range.

As for the guys, I really like Chris, Gedeon, Jose and Elliot. Ace is ok, he has the looks going for him though. He reminds me of Constantine from last year, but a lot cuter and better looking.

ritaylnil
03-01-06, 05:38 AM
I think Brenna and Kinnik should be voted off. Overall, the show was pretty boring compared to last week. I think the judges were a tad harsh on some. I missed Katherine's performance. How was is? (I only saw a snippet at the end.)

Trish
03-01-06, 06:57 AM
So far, I'm thoroughly uninspired by any of these women. Even the best are just eh...

The men, on the other hand, are kicking butt. I'm curious to see how tonight will go.

#1PaFan
03-01-06, 07:10 AM
So far, I'm thoroughly uninspired by any of these women. Even the best are just eh...

Well, THAT's a downer! I'd love for you to be completely "inspired" by at least one of them. And then, I'd love to see the film. :gulp:

Barb51850
03-01-06, 08:09 AM
If Brenna had as much talent as she does ego, she would win the entire competition.

"America loves me" :barf:

NYYfan24
03-01-06, 09:20 AM
I think Brenna and Kinnik should be voted off. Overall, the show was pretty boring compared to last week. I think the judges were a tad harsh on some. I missed Katherine's performance. How was is? (I only saw a snippet at the end.)

I thought Katharine did well...she wasn't up to par either. However, compared to the others...I thought she did well. Unfortunately she was first.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-01-06, 09:30 AM
Brenna is a hot little thing that needs to shut up

Hitman23
03-01-06, 09:36 AM
Still going with the little hot country blond girl that even Simon thought was too cute.

She's not cute though, she's smoking hot.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-01-06, 09:39 AM
Still going with the little hot country blond girl that even Simon thought was too cute.

that accent is sooooo soooo hot

LilChief
03-01-06, 09:41 AM
that accent is sooooo soooo hot

Cal-a-Maaaari?;)

Hitman23
03-01-06, 09:56 AM
that accent is sooooo soooo hotlove the accent :ga-ga:

krystl
03-01-06, 09:57 AM
Cal-a-Maaaari?;)
That was cute. I loved how Simon pronounced it. :lol:
Kelly is adorable and before Paula said she just wanted to squoosh her cheeks, I was commenting on how adorable she is.

As for my guess of who's going home...Brenna and Heather.
(Tip...if you try to call the numbers and can keep getting through, that's a pretty good indication there aren't many votes. ;) )

Hitman23
03-01-06, 10:01 AM
I may actually vote for someone this time. I really want that girl to win this. She really has an amazing voice.

Arod for President
03-01-06, 10:04 AM
This show is still on? Grrr

krystl
03-01-06, 10:11 AM
I may actually vote for someone this time. I really want that girl to win this. She really has an amazing voice.
They were initially worried that her nerves woud get the best of her, but honestly, that's one of her endearing qualities. She's so real and humble.

I do have to say though. I heard some playbacks of the performances on the radio this morning. Frankly, Kelly didn't sound as good as she did on the show. I think her appearance and personality really has a lot to do wth her being a favorite (as Simon said).

JfromJersey
03-01-06, 01:27 PM

The men, on the other hand, are kicking butt. I'm curious to see how tonight will go.

I have to agree with you Trish. Nobody is blowing me away so far.
Kellie has the cute/hot factor going for her, as well as her background story. The 2 sixteen year olds, (Paris and Lisa) are incredibly talented, but I don't think we are going to see an Idol that young. Mandesa has the vocal chops, but not the looks of an Idol. Maybe one of the guys will jump out tonight.

Trish
03-01-06, 01:32 PM
LOL...there's nothing amazing about her voice, Steve. Stop thinking with your lower half :P

She's adorable, and I think she'd be great on TV.

gdn
03-01-06, 01:33 PM
Is that the 16 yr old from SC or something? Kelly Pickler? She's cute :p

Hitman23
03-01-06, 01:39 PM
LOL...there's nothing amazing about her voice, Steve. Stop thinking with your lower half :P

She's adorable, and I think she'd be great on TV.I think she's got a good voice. Seriously, I really do.

Her hotness helps though.

Hitman23
03-01-06, 01:40 PM
Is that the 16 yr old from SC or something? Kelly Pickler? She's cute :pSHE'S 16???? :eek:

I feel dirty.

yeahimweird
03-01-06, 01:42 PM
SHE'S 16???? :eek:

I feel dirty.

Chill. I just checked the official website, and it says she's 19.

Hitman23
03-01-06, 01:43 PM
Chill. I just checked the official website, and it says she's 19.phew....

gdn
03-01-06, 01:44 PM
oh whew.

ChocolateGirl
03-01-06, 01:54 PM
Frankly, Kelly didn't sound as good as she did on the show. I think her appearance and personality really has a lot to do wth her being a favorite (as Simon said).

agreed. Let's see if the men could steal the spotlight away from the girls. The last 2 seasons had more talent in the top 24 than this season.

krystl
03-01-06, 02:01 PM
agreed. Let's see if the men could steal the spotlight away from the girls. The last 2 seasons had more talent in the top 24 than this season.
I think we say that every year really. It seems no one really "brings it" till they realize it's getting down to the wire.

Barb51850
03-01-06, 09:35 PM
Just watched the guys. My favorites are Chris and Elliott.

Jensen
03-01-06, 09:43 PM
I missed the ladies last night, but I caught the guys. I think Chris is the best I have seen this year. After tonight's show I want to know how some of those guys got that far...... there were some pretty horrible ones tonight ..... I think his name is Kevin. I am afraid it will be like that red headed John Stevens a couple seasons ago where he kept getting all those votes despite being horrible

gdn
03-01-06, 09:43 PM
Have you voted yet?

ChocolateGirl
03-01-06, 09:50 PM
Wow I was pleasantly surprised. The guys performances tonight were better as a whole than the girls last night. :)

I think David the Crooner, Ace, and the geeky looking kid Kevin were the weakest performances of the night.

Despite his weird hair color, Taylor Hicks is slowly winning me over. He is really passionate about what he does. He is a throw back to R&B soul back in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

Does anyone else think that Gedeon smiles like the Joker from Batman? His performace along with Chris's hard core rock performance at the end I think were the 2 best performaces of the night. Jose and Elliot were equally great. Jose has a nice Falsetto voice. I love it when guys could hit those high pitched notes. ;)

rock
03-01-06, 10:59 PM
The top 6 guys should be Ace, Chris, Taylor, Elliot, Bucky and someone else, maybe Gideon.

yeahimweird
03-01-06, 11:22 PM
The top 6 guys should be Ace, Chris, Taylor, Elliot, Bucky and someone else, maybe Gideon.

Bucky? :lol:

The first four guys you listed, I agree with 100%. I think Will Makar, the Fred Savage look-a-like, could make it, too. He's the best of the teens there. After that, the sixth spot is up for grabs, imo.

From what I've heard about tonight, the only ones who didn't suck were Elliott and Chris. An overall sucky week, I guess.

keg411
03-01-06, 11:40 PM
Tonight was less painful than the girls.

I am among those who also kind of sort of like Bucky. Ace sang a song I hate and therefore the hotness factor went down. Elliot was completely awesome. I thought Wilma sounded good and was sad the judges thought he sucked. Chris was very very good, but it was weird to hear Fuel on AI.

David, Sway and Gideon need to go home. I think Kevin is actually 10 years old.

As for the girls, Paris is my favorite by far. I also like Ayla, but I fear for the day she shows up in a Red Sox hat (or shirt. Or jersey), because you know it's going to happen and then I'll have to hate her.

JfromJersey
03-02-06, 12:02 AM
Chris nailed it..the strongest performance of the night.
Elliot has the best voice, but he looked a little stiff tonight.
Ace looks great, and although he's not the strongest vocally, he knows how to sell himself on stage.
Gideon was the 2nd best performer on the show.
Taylor has that great personality but his act is starting to wear a bit thin.
Kevin can sing, but not good enough to overcome the geekiness factor.
Bucky doesn't impress me much, but he has that hillbilly rock thing going which a segment of the population probably likes.
The kid Will is kind of boring but he'll last because he appeals to the little girls.
Sway has that nice falsetto voice, but tonight was not one of his better performances. He may be gone.
David is my best bet to get the hook tomorrow.

Luvtino
03-02-06, 12:07 AM
The girls were eh. I am hoping Brenna goes home. She doesn't sing very well and her attitude stinks. Heather is sweet, but she's been pretty bad two weeks in a row so my guess is she goes this week or next. Neither belong in the final twelve.

I thought Melissa sang well once again, but she didn't get much air time and that combined with the fact that Simon isn't high on her could send her packing before the finals. Kinnick who is very classy doesn't seem long for the competition either.

Katherine, Lisa and Paris(like her, but more judge fave than mine) all sang well, but their song choice was poor this week. That said all should sail through to the final twelve. They deserve to. Kellie was much improved this week, but her voice is far from great. Her kindness and cuteness will carry her for a bit. I do think she will make it to the finals along with Mandisa and Ayla. Ayla has done very well thus far and Mandisa can flat out sing.

I hope we see better songs and performances next week.

Luvtino
03-02-06, 12:12 AM
LOVE Chris and Elliott. Chris was the best last night. Elliot was also up there on the food change. Taylor also got the job done. Ace had a rough time with the high notes in his song so he needs to be careful with song choice in the future, but these four will hopefully sail through to the final twelve.

Bucky is a sweetie and could appeal to the country crowd. He was one of the better ones last night. Sway has a nice voice, but that song has been sung tons of times over the years and better by quite a few. I would like to see him stick around because he will improve as the competition goes on.

Out of the teens I like Will best. I hope some of the teens don't make it to the finals over more deserving adults, but we have seen it happen before. Gedeon has a nice voice, but an odd look. It will be interesting to see how he does. He was also pretty cocky during the finals and I thought it might hurt him, but it didn't with the first vote.

I would like to see Kevin and David go tonight. Neither were impressive over the last two weeks so it's time.

yeahimweird
03-02-06, 02:52 AM
LOVE Chris and Elliott. Chris was the best last night. Elliot was also up there on the food change. Taylor also got the job done. Ace had a rough time with the high notes in his song so he needs to be careful with song choice in the future, but these four will hopefully sail through to the final twelve.

I think Simon said something about being careful about song choice next time. He's right, because to sing that song he sang tonight, a guy would have to have his testicles removed.

I heard mp3's of Chris and Elliot's performances and they were the best. Will did fairly well, too.

krystl
03-02-06, 07:18 AM
Chris is my new favorite. I liked him before but I found myself watching his performance over and over. Something about him just draws me in.

I love Ace, but didn't love the song...however, my daughter may have found her favorite Idol and new favorite song. :lol:

I felt a little sorry for Kevin when Ryan compared him to Chicken Little.
David, one of my favorites from the start, sadly is not impressing anyone lately. He just wasn't into his performance and I feel he will go tonight.

Bucky doesn't do anything for me, even though he is a little similar to Bo Bice. I think Bo has a stronger voice and a better personality.

Btw, did anyone see Bo in the audience last night? They shoulda made him stand up and wave.

My predictions for tonight:
Girls...Brenna and Heather
Guys..David and Bucky (or Kevin possibly)

CoyoteYankee
03-02-06, 10:06 AM
Well, I like my chances! The young lady is pretty darn good. :gulp:

She is great! And so mature for such a young girl. She is going to go far.

If Brenna had as much talent as she does ego, she would win the entire competition.

"America loves me" :barf:

All I can say is "Bye Bye Brenna". See ya!

Good for you. She's adorable and has some real talent. I think the biggest strike that she has against her is that a blonde country girl won last year. It may not be fair but I don't think America is going to go that route again. Kelly will probably get near the finals though.

For the girls, I still like Paris, Lisa, Mandeesa and Ayla. The rest I could leave.

For the men, Chris shot to the top of my list last night. I actually rewound and watched his performance again. He is the first one who has really "wowed" me so far. I also thought that Gideon was spectacular last night as well. I think I'm one of the few people not on the Eliot bandwagon. Poor little Kevin was not really good last night. He needs to stick with ballads, I think.

gdn
03-02-06, 10:07 AM
I missed Taylor's performance last night. How was he?

LongLiveBernie51!
03-02-06, 12:53 PM

I thought he did well, not the greatest but still my favorite overall male singer. Simon however found him uninspiring. If I remember correctly, I think he questioned Taylor's song selection and told him to play more into his strengths.

JfromJersey
03-02-06, 12:57 PM

He sang first, which is always a disadvantage. I didn't think he was at his best yesterday.

YankyDave
03-02-06, 02:34 PM
I thought Sway was good and thought they were real harsh on him, to the point where it looked like they wanted him gone. He certainly has one of the better voices.

The best guy voice-wise is Elliott but his look doesn't fit. His voice is probably good enough to overcome it though.

rock
03-02-06, 05:02 PM
I think Simon said something about being careful about song choice next time. He's right, because to sing that song he sang tonight, a guy would have to have his testicles removed.

I heard mp3's of Chris and Elliot's performances and they were the best. Will did fairly well, too.

What site can you get mp3's of the performances?

ritaylnil
03-02-06, 05:20 PM
Drum roll, please! Here's my take (I now you've all been waiting with baited breath--haha!):

Chris stole the show...what a powerhouse. I dig him.
Elliot has a beautiful voice, nothing what you'd expect coming out of that face! :lol:
Ace is definitely a fave :ga-ga: but was a bit flat last night.
Gideon surprised me last night. I hadn't cared for him at all, but he really brought it. He deserves to stick around. (Yes, CG, he does smile like the joker! :p )
Taylor has such a wonderful spirit and I think he's talented; he'll be around for awhile.
Kevin I like well enough to see stay around for a bit.
Bucky is not my cup of tea but I think he'll be around a bit longer.
Wilma sucks, in my view. Really pitiful.
Sway doesn't do it for me at all.
David also sucks, in my view.

I'd like to see David and Wilma voted off, but I think those young ones get their entire school community to vote for them over and over, that's why they stay around awhile. So we might see the likes of Sway and perhaps one of the other better singers voted off "unfairly". Someone like Bucky, perhaps.

ritaylnil
03-02-06, 05:23 PM

I bet you're fantasizing about her dying her hair dark, Steve! :lol:

yeahimweird
03-02-06, 06:12 PM
What site can you get mp3's of the performances?

http://www.rickey.org/blog/american_idol_5/

That's where I got mine.

gdn
03-02-06, 08:49 PM
So who got booted?

#1PaFan
03-02-06, 08:52 PM
Not Lisa. :gulp:

ChocolateGirl
03-02-06, 09:19 PM
Not Lisa. :gulp:

I think America made a wrong choice with voting Sway off the show tonight. I think he could sing better than Kevin. Kevin is just getting sympathy votes for being an adorable cute puppy looking boy. That is pathetic. :o

David the Crooner being voted off was no surprise. He was boring with no charisma at all. :snooze: Heather choose to sing a Mariah Carey song that was too hard for her and out of her vocal range. Huge mistake by her.

Brenna did herself in by her Assertive, Cocky Ms. diva attitude. :uhh: She could have toned down a bit (especially with her profiling all the time for the cameras). Unfortunately America was turned off by her lack of humbleness. She could act that way once she had made it, but not during a competition. However, she has marketing potential in the music industry.

ChocolateGirl
03-02-06, 09:32 PM

I agree with your choices for the guys. What are choices for the girls?

David, Sway and Gideon need to go home. I think Kevin is actually 10 years old.

As for the girls, Paris is my favorite by far. I also like Ayla, but I fear for the day she shows up in a Red Sox hat (or shirt. Or jersey), because you know it's going to happen and then I'll have to hate her.

I don't understand your reasoning as to why Gedeon needs to go home? :confused:

My predictions for tonight:
Girls...Brenna and Heather
Guys..David and Bucky (or Kevin possibly)

Great predictions. You were right about all accept Bucky and Kevin.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-02-06, 09:42 PM
i think Brenna should do some late night softcore Cinemax flicks

gdn
03-02-06, 09:43 PM
i think Brenna should do some late night softcore Cinemax flicks:link:

Barb51850
03-02-06, 09:48 PM
Brenna did herself in by her Assertive, Cocky Ms. diva attitude. :uhh: She could have toned down a bit (especially with her profiling all the time for the cameras). Unfortunately America was turned off by her lack of humbleness. She could act that way once she had made it, but not during a competition. However, she has marketing potential in the music industry.

Don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out Brenna.

I was happy to see Miss "America Loves me" go!

DontHateOnNumber2
03-02-06, 10:25 PM
AH! I'm confused....can someone please post a list of the cuts tonight? My girlfriend would appreciate it.

DontHateOnNumber2
03-02-06, 10:31 PM
Sway, David, Heather, and Brenna are the ones that were cut?

ALR83
03-02-06, 10:32 PM
Brenna, Heather, David, Sway were cut.

Don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out Brenna.

I was happy to see Miss "America Loves me" go!

I agree. And I was so happy to see Heather go.

DontHateOnNumber2
03-02-06, 10:46 PM
Brenna, Heather, David, Sway were cut.

I agree. And I was so happy to see Heather go.

Thanks for confirming that for me. As for tonight's cuts I only had a beef with Brenna. She was so full of herself it was irritating. The whole "Imma bring out da cuh-lawz, rowr" thing was what sent me over the edge.

Luvtino
03-02-06, 11:09 PM
Ding dong the witch err Brenna is dead ahh gone. :o :D

Heather was sweet, but she just didn't cut it. Ditto David. I felt bad for Sway. He can sing and Kevin should have been gone before he was. :(

keg411
03-02-06, 11:16 PM
The right people went home tonight. And both bottom 3's were right too (although Melissa and Kinnick could've been interchangeable in there). David was in over his head, ditto Heather, Brenna was a bitch that couldn't back it up, and Sway murdered my eardrums last week and bored me this week.

But to answer this:

I don't understand your reasoning as to why Gedeon needs to go home?

Don't get me wrong, he can sing... but he creeps.me.out. The weird confidence, the way he talks... he's just really really really weird and really really weirds me out. What 17 year old talks like that. Or acts like that?

ChocolateGirl
03-02-06, 11:30 PM
I felt bad for Sway. He can sing and Kevin should have been gone before he was. :(

Agreed. :( I think Sway is a little cute too. ;) Does anyone know what is his ethinicity?

yeahimweird
03-02-06, 11:33 PM
I have no problem with the eliminations tonight.

Luvtino
03-02-06, 11:38 PM
Agreed. :( I think Sway is a little cute too. ;) Does anyone know what is his ethinicity?

I am not sure. Maybe Filipino?!

ChocolateGirl
03-03-06, 12:10 AM
I am not sure. Maybe Filipino?!

I told a friend of mine who doesn't watch the show to go on the official American Idol website and tell me what she thinks. She thinks he is Mexican. However, I think he is half spanish-half asian. :dunno:

ritaylnil
03-03-06, 06:53 AM
I told a friend of mine who doesn't watch the show to go on the official American Idol website and tell me what she thinks. She thinks he is Mexican. However, I think he is half spanish-half asian. :dunno:

He looks Hawaiian or Filipino to me. I don't really see the half Latino thing.

ritaylnil
03-03-06, 06:56 AM
(although Melissa and Kinnick could've been interchangeable in there).

Melissa just needs more exposure. She's the one no one even saw before we got to the 24. Some of these contestants get huge coverage during auditions and/or Hollywood week, and by the time they get into the 24, America has had the opportunity to fall in love with them. Melissa is playing catch-up. I think she should be given a chance. Kinnick is a real snore. I just don't connect with her at all, and I think her voice is just a bit above average.

ritaylnil
03-03-06, 06:58 AM
I was happy with the results this week. What a relief that Brenna got the boot. She's the only one I actually disliked (personality-wise). I remember last year watching Corny (whom I loathed) get through week after week with all that cheesy mugging for the camera and terrible vocals. It was so irritating! When he left, I could finally just sit back and enjoy the show. This year, I'll be able to do that earlier. I really like all of the contestants that are left, personality-wise. Hopefully the best singer will be the ones competing at the end.

ritaylnil
03-03-06, 07:00 AM
i think Brenna should do some late night softcore Cinemax flicks

When she was making her decidedly ungracious exit, I said to Mike, the only place America is going to see her is dancin' at the corner ti**y bar.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-03-06, 07:05 AM
When she was making her decidedly ungracious exit, I said to Mike, the only place America is going to see her is dancin' at the corner ti**y bar.

im quite sure thats one of the only way people would ever see her again. AI gets a lot of bad buzz from people who dont like reality shows, but the voters usually get the voting right almost every week

LilChief
03-03-06, 07:44 AM
Melissa just needs more exposure. She's the one no one even saw before we got to the 24. Some of these contestants get huge coverage during auditions and/or Hollywood week, and by the time they get into the 24, America has had the opportunity to fall in love with them. Melissa is playing catch-up. I think she should be given a chance. Kinnick is a real snore. I just don't connect with her at all, and I think her voice is just a bit above average.

I agree with you Rita about Melissa...she is growing on me, and I think she should be around for awhile longer. Kinnick is ok, but doesn't really do anything for me either.

I was so glad that Brenna got the boot, and especially that she had the LOWEST vote total!
SEEEEE-YA!:D

Barb51850
03-03-06, 09:12 AM
It was cute when David was singing his "swan song" last night, and all the girls were standing behind him and some of them were crying.

NYYfan24
03-03-06, 09:15 AM
It was cute when David was singing his "swan song" last night, and all the girls were standing behind him and some of them were crying.

Yeah, my mom is going to be upset. She really liked David.

I was 4 for 4 on the eliminations! :)

YankyDave
03-03-06, 10:10 AM
He looks Hawaiian or Filipino to me. I don't really see the half Latino thing.

I am almost positive he's Filippino.

krystl
03-03-06, 10:51 AM
I really liked David but I think he changed from the time of the auditions (he had a happy go lucky look about him then) to the most recent performance.

It almost looked like his spirit was broken or that he was homesick. Maybe he just felt like he was out of his league or his element.

I felt like he really was glad to be going home. He seems like a nice kid.

Sway's elimination kind of surprised me. I thought he might have gotten another chance to pick a better song. Kevin is sweet but should have gone before Sway, IMO.

Good riddance to Brenna. Yuck. Heather was another who was in over her head.

As I said before, you can tell who is going to be bottom 3 by just calling all the numbers after the show. If it rings and rings without a busy, you can bet they aren't getting enough votes.

YankyDave
03-03-06, 12:38 PM
I had never voted before but tried to vote for Sway just to give him another shot. I got all busy signals but it was after the show aired on the west coast so his people were probably calling.

YankyDave
03-03-06, 12:39 PM
There's word out that Paula was wasted and I agree she seemed stoned on something or drunk.

ChocolateGirl
03-03-06, 12:57 PM
There's word out that Paula was wasted and I agree she seemed stoned on something or drunk.

Yeah she really did seem strangley off last night. I am tired of her muchiness by complimenting people on their looks too much. Personally Randy is the best judge betweent the 3 because he is honest when he needs to be (unlike Paula) and is not coldhearted when doing it (like Simon).

YankyDave
03-03-06, 01:06 PM
Yeah she really did seem strangley off last night. I am tired of her muchiness by complimenting people on their looks too much. Personally Randy is the best judge betweent the 3 because he is honest when he needs to be (unlike Paula) and is not coldhearted when doing it (like Simon).

I can see Randy reading someone a death sentence....

Duuude, it just wasn't your life, man. You know, just, you know, not your life. Sorry dude. I think it's the end of the road for you.

krystl
03-03-06, 01:10 PM
OMG, I can't believe I forgot about that! Yeah, she looked like she was definitely on something.

ChocolateGirl
03-03-06, 01:44 PM

Duuude, it just wasn't your life, man. You know, just, you know, not your life. Sorry dude. I think it's the end of the road for you.

Yo dog, that sounds so much like him dude. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Barb51850
03-03-06, 02:08 PM

...and it was a little pitchy dude..

krystl
03-03-06, 03:35 PM
I'm so glad Ryan Seacrest did away with "Seacrest OUt!" at the end of every show. It was getting old.
But whatever it is he is saying now, isn't much better.

yeahimweird
03-03-06, 03:55 PM
OMG, I can't believe I forgot about that! Yeah, she looked like she was definitely on something.

It's nothing new, sadly.

However, I think she may have found out that the object of her lust this year has a girlfriend.

krystl
03-03-06, 04:09 PM
It's nothing new, sadly.

However, I think she may have found out that the object of her lust this year has a girlfriend.
Who does she like this is time?

DaBomber25
03-03-06, 04:15 PM
What the hell? I read through all the posts from today and there's no mention of Paula Abdul. I read online and heard on the radio that she was sloppy drunk last night and slurring and saying ridiculous things. Is this not true or was it just blown out of proportion?

yeahimweird
03-03-06, 04:24 PM
Who does she like this is time?

She likes Ace. I don't think she's made it a secret. :lol:

Darth_Takeo
03-03-06, 04:27 PM
What the hell? I read through all the posts from today and there's no mention of Paula Abdul. I read online and heard on the radio that she was sloppy drunk last night and slurring and saying ridiculous things. Is this not true or was it just blown out of proportion?
It was very true. My girl and I were looking at each other like "Is she drunk?!?"

Mizz Abdul was definitely on something last night...

krystl
03-03-06, 04:34 PM
Hello....you did not read through ALL the posts or you would have seen me and YankyDave commented on Paula! :P :lol:

Yes, she was on something. Simon and Randy pretty much tried to keep her from talking so she didn't say much.

krystl
03-03-06, 04:35 PM
She likes Ace. I don't think she's made it a secret. :lol:
She flirts with all the young guys. I didn't notice Ace specifically. I'll have to pay more attention. :lol:

DaBomber25
03-03-06, 04:41 PM
Hello....you did not read through ALL the posts or you would have seen me and YankyDave commented on Paula! :P :lol:

Yes, she was on something. Simon and Randy pretty much tried to keep her from talking so she didn't say much.

Dammit, I should've used the word 'skimmed'.

krystl
03-03-06, 04:48 PM
Dammit, I should've used the word 'skimmed'.

Barb51850
03-03-06, 05:00 PM
Paula was definitely not right last night. She was slurring her words, and she had trouble keeping her eyes open.

rock
03-03-06, 05:01 PM
I'm so glad Ryan Seacrest did away with "Seacrest OUt!" at the end of every show. It was getting old.
But whatever it is he is saying now, isn't much better.

I think he will start the "Seacrest Out" when it reaches the top 12. Actually I kind of enjoy that catchphrase.

What was up with Ryan on Wed when he started undressing one of those young boys and everyone told him to stop?

CoyoteYankee
03-03-06, 09:34 PM
I am almost positive he's Filippino.

Yes, I believe that you are right. I think they said something about it during one of the shows.

No surprises last night, really. I'm so glad that Brenna went bye bye. If I had to listen to her sing and/or talk one more week I would have lost it.

I feel kinda mean but I was hoping that Kevin would be the one to go this week. He wasn't very good this week and I just don't see him being the next American Idol. Ah well.

I didn't even notice Paula was acting different. I guess she just seems like a goof all the time to me. I wish I hadn't deleted it, I want to watch it again now to see if I can tell.

ritaylnil
03-04-06, 03:02 PM

When I saw how she was acting, I said, "Here we go again!" I was so relieved when this season started that she seemed to have her act together again (after all of the embarrassments of last year.) It's clear she has some type of addiction. I'm guessing vicodin or oxycontin.

gdn
03-04-06, 03:08 PM
When I saw how she was acting, I said, "Here we go again!" I was so relieved when this season started that she seemed to have her act together again (after all of the embarrassments of last year.) It's clear she has some type of addiction. I'm guessing vicodin or oxycontin.Is this a pattern with her? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

ritaylnil
03-04-06, 03:14 PM
Is this a pattern with her? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

She was a mess at times last year. I really thought they'd get rid of her in the off-season and bring in a new judge. She has a history of back trouble and chronic pain. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for such people to get addicted to pain meds. This kind of addiction is akin to a heroin addiction. Same family of drugs (opiates). BTW, I'm not saying it is addiction to pain meds, only that it looks like that to me.

gdn
03-04-06, 03:15 PM
She was a mess at times last year. I really thought they'd get rid of her in the off-season and bring in a new judge. She has a history of back trouble and chronic pain. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for such people to get addicted to pain meds. This kind of addiction is akin to a heroin addiction. Same family of drugs (opiates). BTW, I'm not saying it is addiction to pain meds, only that it looks like that to me.Ah. I heard somewhere it was alcohol, but this makes sense.

ritaylnil
03-04-06, 03:19 PM
Ah. I heard somewhere it was alcohol, but this makes sense.

It may very well be alcohol. Or alcohol and pain meds. I really am just speculating. But, in my line of work, I have experience dealing with people with all kinds of addictions!

gdn
03-04-06, 03:20 PM
It may very well be alcohol. Or alcohol and pain meds. I really am just speculating. But, in my line of work, I have experience dealing with people with all kinds of addictions!Heh, you're tellin' me....

If that is the case, then she needs treatment. Although, I don't know if AI will be the same if they have another judge instead of her. Who could they bring in?

ritaylnil
03-04-06, 03:24 PM
Heh, you're tellin' me....

If that is the case, then she needs treatment. Although, I don't know if AI will be the same if they have another judge instead of her. Who could they bring in?

How 'bout J'Lo?

gdn
03-04-06, 03:30 PM
How 'bout J'Lo?Well, only if she turned around and had her back to the camera... :looking:

ritaylnil
03-04-06, 03:34 PM
Well, only if she turned around and had her back to the camera... :looking:

Yeah, even if she sucked as a judge, at least we could all just stare at her a$$! :ga-ga: :evil: :lol:

gdn
03-04-06, 03:35 PM
Yeah, even if she sucked as a judge, at least we could all just stare at her a$$! :ga-ga: :evil: :lol:I'm pretty sure she'll suck as a judge.

Maybe... Madonna?

ritaylnil
03-04-06, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure she'll suck as a judge.

Maybe... Madonna?

That could work.

gdn
03-04-06, 03:40 PM
That could work.She'd have to promise not to wear those awful 80s leotards, though. She also would need to put on some weight so as to not scare the contestants with her skeletal look.

ritaylnil
03-04-06, 05:49 PM
She'd have to promise not to wear those awful 80s leotards, though. She also would need to put on some weight so as to not scare the contestants with her skeletal look.

True dat.

krystl
03-04-06, 08:16 PM
I just thought of someone off the top of my head that may make an interesting female judge. How about Queen Latifah?

gdn
03-04-06, 08:37 PM
I just thought of someone off the top of my head that may make an interesting female judge. How about Queen Latifah?Hmm, that would be interesting... Is she as edgy as Paula, though?

krystl
03-04-06, 08:43 PM
Hmm, that would be interesting... Is she as edgy as Paula, though?
I don't know if I would consider Paula edgy. She's a little too nice sometimes, which isn't always bad. I like her but the stuff with her and Simon is getting old.
Latifah is funny and can be no-nonsense if necessary. I think she would be fair without being syrupy sweet. And I think she could definitely hold her own with Simon.

gdn
03-04-06, 08:46 PM
That would certainly be fun... watching QL tell Simon to go shove it. :lol:

krystl
03-04-06, 08:49 PM
I think she is respected in the music industry. I like Paula, but often wonder how she qualified to be a judge when she only had a couple of hits as a singer and was basically a dancer/choreographer.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-04-06, 09:07 PM
gdn, never ever refer to paula abdul as edgy. thats like calling clay aiken a punk rocker

krystl
03-04-06, 09:09 PM
gdn, never ever refer to paula abdul as edgy. thats like calling clay aiken a punk rocker

yeahimweird
03-07-06, 09:07 PM
Mandisa was by far the best tonight.

The other girls didn't even come close.

Barb51850
03-07-06, 09:17 PM
Mandisa was by the best tonight.

The other girls didn't even come close.

She was in a class by herself.

iloveny
03-07-06, 09:20 PM
I think that it is going to be Kinnik and either Melissa or Ayla that go home this week... Mandisa was awesome though and Kellie cracks me up. The other girls were alright but they are really going to have to step it up next week if they want to continue to hang around in the top 12.

DanB
03-07-06, 09:21 PM
McGhee and Kinnick are gone. Top six will be tough...Paris needs to step it up, she's been weak the last two times. Kellie will get by cuz she's smokin' hot, the jockette and McPhee need to start worrying.

ALR83
03-07-06, 10:29 PM
I cannot stand Kellie!!!! I'm sick of her little naive country girl act.

rock
03-07-06, 10:33 PM
I would be very surprised if Kinnik or Melissa make the top 12, although I kind of like Melissa. Don't know who else would be on the bubble.

JfromJersey
03-07-06, 10:44 PM
Paris - great personality, good voice, great stage presence, not the best choice of material

Lisa - another extremely talented teenager, who is also physically very attractive.

Melissa - pretty good voice, tried a bit too hard tonight. May not make it to next week.

Katherine - She and Kellie are the 2 best looking IMO. Has one of the best voices in the competition, and her stage presence has improved.

Kinnik - She was off tonight and will be gone on Thursday.

Ayla - She is a good performer, but she's a notch below some of the others. It's between her and Melissa as to who joins Kinnik in saying goodbye.

Mandisa - If looks weren't an issue she would win this competition by a landslide. She still might.

Kellie - She is not the best singer, but she seems to light up the stage when she performs. She is also cute, sexy, and has an adorable personality. I agree with Cowell. She is more likable than Carrie Underwood. She also has that underdog background story going for her.

keg411
03-07-06, 10:48 PM
Kellie Pickler needs to get off my television. She's atrocious. I never thought I'd hate a contestant more than Carmen, Jasmine or Carrie. I was wrong.

"I'm a mink! I'm a mink!" Simon likes her because she will take her clothes off. I'm sorry, but she's really not that hot. At all. Blonde does not = hot. I think she's aiming to be the next Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears (although she's probably better looking than Britney is now). HATE!

JfromJersey
03-07-06, 11:37 PM
Kellie Pickler needs to get off my television. She's atrocious. I never thought I'd hate a contestant more than Carmen, Jasmine or Carrie. I was wrong.

"I'm a mink! I'm a mink!" Simon likes her because she will take her clothes off. I'm sorry, but she's really not that hot. At all. Blonde does not = hot. I think she's aiming to be the next Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears (although she's probably better looking than Britney is now). HATE!

Wow. Hate is a pretty strong word. She can't help it if she came from the boondocks, and doesn't know the difference between a minx and a mink.

DanB
03-07-06, 11:48 PM
Wow. Hate is a pretty strong word. She can't help it if she came from the boondocks, and doesn't know the difference between a minx and a mink.

I say again, smokin' hot.

ALR83
03-07-06, 11:50 PM

Haha, I agree. She grates on my nerves real bad.

I never saw someone look fascinated that she ate calamari and salmon. :wtf: She acts like this little girl who never sang in front of people, when meanwhile people found out that she was this big pageant girl. So yeah, imo, her whole "tee hee" act is just that, an act.

yeahimweird
03-08-06, 12:51 AM
I'm not a big fan of Pickler either. Something about her grates on my nerves.

ritaylnil
03-08-06, 07:10 AM
Kellie's cute but really isn't much talented.
I love Ayla (same name as my kid) and am rooting for her. She has such a winning spirit and she works so hard.
Paris was an early favorite of mine but has disappointed the last few weeks.
Lisa is very good.
Mandisa is awesome. I wish looks and size didn't get ever get mentioned about her. Where would the world of music be without Aretha Franklin, for example? She is fantastic. Could win the whole thing.
Katharine is also wonderful. I really think she'll go very far in this.
I'm a fan of Melissa's, but I think she had the deck stacked against her from the start. She may be gone this week.
Kinnik is horrible. She's like a drag queen act.

Big_E
03-08-06, 07:25 AM
I've had "McPhee"ver since her audition. Go Katherine! :D

krystl
03-08-06, 04:40 PM
My guesses for the 3 lowest scoring girls are Kinnik, Ayla and Melissa. I think Kinnik will definitely be one going home, but I am not sure about the other one.

Just a heads up...tomorrow night on the results show...Bo Bice will be singing "The Real Thing"!! I live that song! Has anyone seen the video on MTV?

YankyDave
03-08-06, 04:51 PM
I think y'all hatin Kelly cause you can't take a sweet real girl from the south.

krystl
03-08-06, 05:10 PM
I think y'all hatin Kelly cause you can't take a sweet real girl from the south.
I still really like Kellie. I don't think for a minute her naivety is an act. Maybe she's playing it up a little, but I don't think it's phony. She isn't the best singer, but she is very cute and humble, IMO...and I love when Simon says Calamaaari. :lol:

Kellie adds some entertainment value to the show for me.

YankyDave
03-08-06, 05:19 PM
I can't believe she'd never had "sail-mon" too!

Luvtino
03-08-06, 05:24 PM
Mandisa nailed it. I was so happy for her. She is so talented and so kind. Katherine who has been one of my faves since the beginning was also vg. These were the two that stood out last night.

It will be interesting to see if there are any big upsets tonight. I agree with all who think Kinnick and Melissa will be gone. They just don't seem to have the fan base to carry them foward. Simon has been harsh towards Melissa since the beginning, but I do think Melissa sings well. I would be surprised if either were still standing come Thursday.

The only other one I could see possible going is Ayla, but her first two performances were very strong. She's sweet and very mature for her age. Hard not to like her.

Paris has really moved down on the food chain for me. She was great during her first auditiion and just so-so since then. LT is by far my fav amongst the teens, but she needs to pick better songs. Kellie doesn't annoy me like she does the others. I just hope she doesn't beat out others who are more talented than she is down the line because she is cute and fun.

I am psyched to see the men tonight!! :)

DanB
03-08-06, 07:20 PM
I'm not good with names, so bear with my nicknames...

Old-looking guy (taylor I think) rokks, but he won't win it all...

Hard rocker guy with no hair kicks ass and I'd like to see him singin at a bar...don't think he'll win it all though

Ace gets the chick vote

If geek-boy gets through this round I will stop watching.

Pony-tail inbred guy isn't really good

the token brother sings really really well he could be the last guy standing

neanderthal-looking guy sings really really well too, he'd win hands down if he looked like Ace

the other guy is not good enough for me to remember

Big_E
03-08-06, 08:53 PM
Old-looking guy (taylor I think) rokks, but he won't win it all...
Taylor Hicks.

And he was great tonight! Best singer of the night, and his best performance of the competition.

yankeesfaninaz
03-08-06, 08:58 PM
Taylor looks like Jay Leno a little bit but without the chin.

Barb51850
03-08-06, 09:05 PM
My favorites tonight -

Elliott, Ace, Chris, Taylor and Gideon

SheffRocks11
03-08-06, 09:08 PM
My favorites tonight -

Elliott, Ace, Chris, Taylor and Gideon

I liked Chris and Ace, but Bucky has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen.

aww.

ALR83
03-08-06, 09:12 PM
Chris is my boy. I've liked him since his audition and he hasn't dissapointed yet.

yeahimweird
03-08-06, 09:29 PM
Vocally, Elliott was the best tonight. This thrills me because he's one of my boys. Not the best song choice, but he sounded damn good.

Chris was did well, but again with the song choice. Still love him though.

Ace sang the song better than I thought he would. I was picturing a disaster in my head. :lol: The falsetto still made me a bit uncomfortable, but it was an improvement over last week.

keg411
03-08-06, 09:45 PM
I love Elliot, but I kept thinking of that crappy dance version of the song. Chris is still awesome. And Ace is still hot -- but the falsetto is not my cup of tea. But still... Ace is hot. I want all of them to make it along with Bucky, who's voice I like. And Taylor is a shoe in.

Frankly, I'd take all of 'em including Will and Kevin and creepy Gedeon if we could cut some of the girls (Get rid of 'em all except Paris, Mandisa and maybe Kat... I like Ayla, but not that much).

ritaylnil
03-08-06, 09:59 PM
I missed Gedeon. The recap at the end looked promising, though.
Chris was awesome. He's probably my favorite, overall.
Kevin did a nice job with a favorite song of mine (it's about Vincent van Gogh, any of you young 'uns who don't know that!), but it might be time for him to go.
Elliot has one of the best, if not the best voices, but I think he sounded just okay tonight.
Bucky is just an average talent, but he'll get the hillbilly vote. :p
Taylor was awesome. I love that guy!
Wilma sucked big time. I hope he gets the heave ho this week!
Ace is smokin' hot. I think he did a great job!

b-ball-lunachick
03-08-06, 11:33 PM
the guys are clearly better than the girls this year..my favorites:

Guys:
Chris
Elliot
Taylor

Girls:
Katharine
Mandisa

forgive me on the spellings of these names...

what was that song Chris sang tonight? I feel like I should have known it but didn't..definitely wasn't my favorite performance of his but it was tough to top last week. :)

YankyDave
03-08-06, 11:44 PM
I thought Ace was horrible. He has overdone the falsetto thing. I also would like the punch him in the face when he mugs for the camera so that doesn't help him.

I like Elliott and Taylor. Of course neither one of them is remotely marketable enough to put on their own album cover.

Gideon can sing but what's with the excessive pronunciation when he talks? It's odd.

Kevin and Bucky have to go. Kevin really should not pick a song with so many s's in it. I had to turn my head.

yeahimweird
03-09-06, 01:21 AM
Please allow me to have this incredibly shallow moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/djtino224/Men/Other%20Men/c1330e47.jpg

*ahem*

#1PaFan
03-09-06, 01:25 AM
the guys are clearly better than the girls this year..my favorites:

Guys:
Chris
Elliot
Taylor

Girls:
Katharine
Mandisa

forgive me on the spellings of these names...

what was that song Chris sang tonight? I feel like I should have known it but didn't..definitely wasn't my favorite performance of his but it was tough to top last week. :)

Well, vote for Lisa, Woman! :)

NYYBombshell
03-09-06, 01:43 AM

*ahem*

Okay, who's that hottie?

ALR83
03-09-06, 03:17 AM

*ahem*

You so want in his pants. :lol:

Squeeze, maybe his voice can go higher than it did tonight. :lol:

yeahimweird
03-09-06, 03:50 AM
You so want in his pants. :lol:

Squeeze, maybe his voice can go higher than it did tonight. :lol:

So what if I do? There's nothing wrong with that. :P

I don't think it would be humanly possible for him to go any higher. If he does, I might hear my dog barking all the way up here. :lol:

LilChief
03-09-06, 07:28 AM
Haha, I agree. She grates on my nerves real bad.

I never saw someone look fascinated that she ate calamari and salmon. :wtf: She acts like this little girl who never sang in front of people, when meanwhile people found out that she was this big pageant girl. So yeah, imo, her whole "tee hee" act is just that, an act.

This was being discussed on the radio this morning...the DJ was saying how she had him convinced she was this sweet little girl out in the back yard with a wash tub doing her grandpa's shirts with no shoes, and now he finds out she was this Pagent Girl with expensive gowns and crowns and all...he went on and on about how she's all sweet and "Thayyynk Uuuuu" on camera, and then behind the scenes she probably telling everyone if they breathe a word about her being a pagent queen she'll kick their butts...:P

Does anyone have a link to the pics of her in the gowns and tiaras?

allybear
03-09-06, 08:45 AM
I missed last night, but I'm sorry to hear Kevin did badly again, because I was kinda rooting for him just because he goes to Island Trees High School, where I used to live. I actually drove past there last week and they have a sign out front for him, which is nice.

I can't take Bucky seriously ever since I named my dog Bucky - he "sings" too, so if they ever have Barking Idol, I'll bring the Buckster!

YankyDave
03-09-06, 11:06 AM

*ahem*

I wonder if his makeup runs when he sweats. Hey Ace, go easy on the stain and never start in the middle of a piece. Cute little attempt to make it seem like he's a man's man though, lol.

gdn
03-09-06, 11:06 AM
Taylor is so freakin' funny!

nybabygurl2
03-09-06, 12:19 PM

*ahem*
:ga-ga: That brought me out of my lurkdom.

Anyway, my faves are Chris, Taylor, Elliott, Lisa, and Mandisa. And of course, I have love for Ace. ;)

krystl
03-09-06, 01:09 PM
I missed last night, but I'm sorry to hear Kevin did badly again, because I was kinda rooting for him just because he goes to Island Trees High School, where I used to live. I actually drove past there last week and they have a sign out front for him, which is nice.

I can't take Bucky seriously ever since I named my dog Bucky - he "sings" too, so if they ever have Barking Idol, I'll bring the Buckster!
Kevin really wasn't bad but the song choice was bad for his lisp. His voice is very nice but the lisp is hard to overlook.

Did anyone see the pics they showed of Chris "stylin' his Ryan Seacrest hair"? :ga-ga:

krystl
03-09-06, 01:10 PM
I wonder if his makeup runs when he sweats. Hey Ace, go easy on the stain and never start in the middle of a piece. Cute little attempt to make it seem like he's a man's man though, lol.
Aww, leave poor Ace alone! ;)
I love the guy, but it does look like they put a little too much pink in his cheeks. :lol:

Luvtino
03-09-06, 06:21 PM
Chris, Taylor and Elliot are still my faves. They were all vg last night, but Taylor was the stand out. They should all sail through to the finals.

Ace will also sail through, but I see him a bit in the same way as I see Kellie. Sweet, cute and polite, but not the strongest voices in the competition. That said they will be in it for some time to come.

Gedeon is really growing on me. He's the best of the teens. He really should be safe. Will has gone down a bit on the food chain. He's not nearly as strong as I had hoped. Kevin is lucky to have gotten this far and he should get the boot tonight. Bucky's music isn't my style, but I do think he has done fairly well thus far. It was pretty funny when they bought his twin on stage. :lol:

Tonight should be the end for Kevin. Will should join him, but it could be Bucky hitting the road. It will be the teen vote versus the country vote. I hope we don't see any big upsets.

ALR83
03-09-06, 07:03 PM
This was being discussed on the radio this morning...the DJ was saying how she had him convinced she was this sweet little girl out in the back yard with a wash tub doing her grandpa's shirts with no shoes, and now he finds out she was this Pagent Girl with expensive gowns and crowns and all...he went on and on about how she's all sweet and "Thayyynk Uuuuu" on camera, and then behind the scenes she probably telling everyone if they breathe a word about her being a pagent queen she'll kick their butts...:P

Does anyone have a link to the pics of her in the gowns and tiaras?

I can ask for it, I don't have it saved.

But seriously though I think it's just all an act for her to kiss up to America, and sadly people are buying it. And of course Simon wants a piece. The fact that he said he prefered her to CARRIE is just...I can't take his word seriously anymore. Carrie has a beautiful voice, Kellie just yells in the same note through each song.

#1PaFan
03-09-06, 08:29 PM
Will got canned and I can't tell you how disgusted I am for knowing this.

#1PaFan
03-09-06, 08:38 PM
Cool, little Lisa lives! :gulp: So does, what's her name, ManDiesel?

RhodeyYankee2638
03-09-06, 08:39 PM
ManDiesel?

id like to take a ride in that

JfromJersey
03-09-06, 09:14 PM
Gideon had a lot more talent than some of the survivors like Bucky and Kevin.
I also think Melissa should have gone, instead of Ayla.

rock
03-09-06, 09:29 PM
I was shocked that Ayla went home. She was one of my favorites of the girls. I like Melissa too but Ayla was better and got a lot of exposure this year too. I guess it was the song which Simon mentioned.

krystl
03-09-06, 09:47 PM
Not surprised to see Kinnik go at all. Ayla had a bad song choice this week, but I was not really surprised to see her go. I was a bit surprised at her reaction though. She seemed so tough.

Will was pretty much a given, but I was sad to see Gedeon go. I really was starting to like him. Bucky was never a favorite of mine and I was kind of shocked the judges liked him so much. I didn't see what the big attraction was to him.

Bo Bice...love that guy...even though his live version was a little different from the recorded version, that's still one of my favorite songs. :)

ALR83
03-09-06, 09:53 PM
America got the guys wrong. Bucky and Kevin should have gone home this week.

keg411
03-09-06, 10:10 PM
I may be in the minority, but I'm glad Gedeon's gone. He creeped me out. Wilma was adorable, but the judges hated him so he had no chance.

I liked Ayla. But at least we're spared Red Sox propaganda.

Melissa and Kevin will be the first two out of the finals.

yeahimweird
03-09-06, 10:36 PM
I'm pretty happy to hear these results, but KEVIN? WTF AMERICA?

I totally called Ayla leaving. :lol:

OxDiesel
03-09-06, 11:00 PM

:-notfunny :-notfunny :-notfunny

I can't believe, even with all of your senility, that you would actually insinuate we're related.
I'm officially offended... ;)

Luvtino
03-09-06, 11:17 PM
You knew Kinnick didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving. I figured it would come down to Ayla and Melissa, but thought Melissa would go as she has gotten so little screen time in additon to the fact that Simon doesn't like her. The only reason why I am not too upset about Ayla is because she has basketball and a scholarship to turn to now. Sweet and talented girl.

Will going was no shock, but once again Kevin escapes. Gedeon was a good singer and based on singing talent alone he should have remained in the competition. He just wasn't the most personable and it hurt him.

I didn't think any of these four would go to the end and win anyway.

allybear
03-10-06, 08:03 AM
I'm pretty happy to hear these results, but KEVIN? WTF AMERICA?

I totally called Ayla leaving. :lol:

Levittown supporting our man (or technically boy), what can I say?!? Actually I didn't call - I didn't get home till 10:30 Wednesday night so I didn't hear him and I wouldn't vote unless I actually heard the performance, so there ya go.

gdn
03-10-06, 09:31 AM
Why do they force these people to sing after they've been eliminated?

yankeebot
03-10-06, 09:50 AM
Why do they force these people to sing after they've been eliminated?
Why do they force them to sing the same song that got them eliminated?

gdn
03-10-06, 09:51 AM
Why do they force them to sing the same song that got them eliminated?Yeah, good point. I'd rather them not sing at all, but make the person with the most votes sing.

LongLiveBernie51!
03-10-06, 11:39 AM

Yes...it's almost like a public humiliation for the person getting voted off...."America didn't like you and didn't vote for you...sing that song again"

yeahimweird
03-10-06, 12:27 PM
Levittown supporting our man (or technically boy), what can I say?!? Actually I didn't call - I didn't get home till 10:30 Wednesday night so I didn't hear him and I wouldn't vote unless I actually heard the performance, so there ya go.

I'm from Long Island, as well, and thought it was cool that someone local made it to the top 24.

It ended there, because his semi-final singing was 'eh'. It's almost like John Stevens, part two.

b-ball-lunachick
03-10-06, 12:46 PM

hearing him is not as much of a problem as watching him -- all that BLINKING!!!!!!!! :D

I don't vote so i can't really complain about who stays and who goes...

b-ball-lunachick
03-10-06, 12:51 PM

I'm not a fan of that either - especially when they drag those shows out to an hour...I tivo it and fast forward, or ask the b/f if I've been out...

maybe it helps people say -- "good thing they got rid of so and so" or "I can't believe they got rid of him"...

I was fine with all of this week's eliminations but Giddeon is better than a few of those guys...but he wasn't going to win anyway so no biggie. :D

ChocolateGirl
03-10-06, 02:06 PM

You are so mean. :) :D

Do you honestly think she SHOULD win the competition when comparing her singing abilities to Mandisa and Lisa Tucker? It depends on if the audience wants real talent versus another teeny pop singer like Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears. I'm sorry to offend you if you like teeny bop music.

Taylor looks like Jay Leno a little bit but without the chin.

Yeah I agree. :lol:

Are you implying that she looks like a man. She wears very atractive feminine outfits for a plus size woman.

id like to take a ride in that

Well, you better hold on tight cause it's gonna be really rough and bumpy unless that is the way you like it. ;)

Yes...it's almost like a public humiliation for the person getting voted off...."America didn't like you and didn't vote for you...sing that song again"

Yeah, I also think this is a stupid idea. Why humiliate them even further when that is the same song that did them in? I know that they are emotionally drained and upset to even want to sing that song again.

ChocolateGirl
03-10-06, 02:10 PM
Gideon had a lot more talent than some of the survivors like Bucky and Kevin.

America got the guys wrong. Bucky and Kevin should have gone home this week.

I missed the show this enitre week, so can someone please explain to me why Gedeon went home instead of Kevin? I really deep down inside feel that Simon, Paula and Randy did not want him in the final 24. This is something the producers of the show wanted to make America rally behind an underdog clay aiken guy who doesn't fit the role. He is there to be a idol for geeks across America to look up to. And if that was there original intention, I think that is totally wrong of them. Because I know there were other male contestants who sung A WHOLE LOT BETTER and could have made the top 24 in Kevin's place.

I was fine with all of this week's eliminations but Giddeon is better than a few of those guys...but he wasn't going to win anyway so no biggie. :D

Why I think Gedeon was the best male singer/performer on the show. If you like rock than you will more likely like Chris. Elliot and Taylor are not too far behind. But I think Gedeon had a real chance to win this competition.

b-ball-lunachick
03-10-06, 02:10 PM
I don't think Mandisa looks like a man -- i think she's very pretty...but that paris girl looks like a man or a boy..it's disturbing. :D she annoys me a little...

ritaylnil
03-10-06, 06:01 PM
I don't think Mandisa looks like a man -- i think she's very pretty...but that paris girl looks like a man or a boy..it's disturbing. :D she annoys me a little...

Kinnik looks like a drag queen. Mandisa is beautiful. I don't think Paris looks like a male, but her original promise during auditions really hasn't shown up the last few weeks.

Jen19
03-11-06, 09:04 PM
I absolutely love Chris Daughtry. I hope he wins the whole thing...but if not I am sure he will get a record deal after this.

yeahimweird
03-11-06, 09:29 PM
I absolutely love Chris Daughtry. I hope he wins the whole thing...but if not I am sure he will get a record deal after this.

Fuel has already put an offer on the table for him to be their new frontman. That's huge. :eek:

krystl
03-12-06, 07:34 AM
Fuel has already put an offer on the table for him to be their new frontman. That's huge. :eek:
Seriously? Whoa! I wonder if he will make an early exit from the show?
Is there a link by any chance?

#1PaFan
03-12-06, 07:41 AM

Here's their website. They mention that he sang their song but that's all I saw.

http://www.fuelweb.com/

krystl
03-12-06, 08:44 AM
Interesting. Thanks George. :)

Trish
03-12-06, 10:57 AM
I missed the show this enitre week, so can someone please explain to me why Gedeon went home instead of Kevin? I really deep down inside feel that Simon, Paula and Randy did not want him in the final 24. This is something the producers of the show wanted to make America rally behind an underdog clay aiken guy who doesn't fit the role. He is there to be a idol for geeks across America to look up to. And if that was there original intention, I think that is totally wrong of them. Because I know there were other male contestants who sung A WHOLE LOT BETTER and could have made the top 24 in Kevin's place.

Why I think Gedeon was the best male singer/performer on the show. If you like rock than you will more likely like Chris. Elliot and Taylor are not too far behind. But I think Gedeon had a real chance to win this competition.
If you've been watching the show, you'd know that Randy and Paula were big supporters of Gedeon.

krystl
03-12-06, 11:31 AM
If you've been watching the show, you'd know that Randy and Paula were big supporters of Gedeon.
Plus, Simon said Gedeon was growing on him.

I predict Chris will drop out to join Fuel and they will have to bring someone back...Gedeon. Hey, stranger things have happened. :)

yeahimweird
03-12-06, 12:15 PM

Chris said that it was great, but he's going to stick it out on AI.

krystl
03-12-06, 06:47 PM
Chris said that it was great, but he's going to stick it out on AI.
How do you know that? :confused:

yeahimweird
03-12-06, 07:06 PM
How do you know that? :confused:

The Top 12 were on Access Hollywood, and he said it was true that he got an offer from Fuel, but was going to stay on the show.

krystl
03-12-06, 07:20 PM
The Top 12 were on Access Hollywood, and he said it was true that he got an offer from Fuel, but was going to stay on the show.
Cool. I wonder why he would turn down an offer like that?
Even if he wins AI, he is at their mercy for however long his contract is.

ChocolateGirl
03-13-06, 01:42 PM

I know that the judges supported Gedeon. He got eliminated because he obviously did not get enough votes from America. In my previous post, I was reffering to Kevin being picked for the final 24 contestants. I think someone else should have been in Kevin's place instead.

b-ball-lunachick
03-13-06, 05:52 PM
I know the format is different now but I liked when the judges had a chance to bring back one person each...

keg411
03-13-06, 06:06 PM
I know the format is different now but I liked when the judges had a chance to bring back one person each...

I actually like the format better now. Because back then, there were sometimes "stacked" groups and the Wildcard messed everything up. Like, in season 2, Ruben, Clay and Kimberley Locke were all in the same group (and there were a bunch of other talented people in that group too). And remember? They also brought back a bunch of people that didn't even make the semis and that's what brought the awful Carmen Rasmussen on us. In season three, Lisa Leuschner would have never had the incident where she was brought back for the wildcard round, praised, and then told she wasn't allowed to sing (and she most likely would've made the finals -- still the most "robbed" contestant in AI history).

Bottom line -- we're better off. Even if it means that Kevin Covais makes the finals over Gedeon (who was Cree.Pee. I don't care how talented he is. And I don't even like Kevin at all).

Big_E
03-14-06, 10:05 PM
Best performances of the week: Once again, Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee.

NYYfan24
03-14-06, 10:20 PM
Best performances of the week: Once again, Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee.

Agreed! :D

yeahimweird
03-14-06, 10:25 PM
Let's start from the top.

Ace-Eh. He seemed off for most of the song and was clearly nervous.

Kellie-She sucks. Next please.

Elliott-He did fine, but was underwhelming tonight.

Mandisa-See Elliott.

Bucky-No...just say NO. The growls ruined for me. His hair amused me greatly, though.

Melissa-Boring and forgot the words.

Lisa-Good vocals. Overall, I was bored.

Kevin-I can not believe he sang Part Time Lover. It was not good and he's too young to sing this song.

Katharine-Best female vocals tonight.

Taylor-I'm not his biggest fan, but he was damn good.

Paris-Not bad, but it was just okay for me.

Chris-Totally hot, and my favorite of the night, but the RHCP saved his butt.

Overall, I was completely bored. I think almost everyone (except Pickler and Kevin) are much better than what they showed tonight. Stevie Wonder was not a good choice for the first theme night.

Barb51850
03-14-06, 10:44 PM
My favorites tonight -

Taylor, Chris and Katherine.

Luvtino
03-14-06, 11:46 PM
My favorites tonight -

They were my faves as well. :)

Overall the night was a little blah with a few vg performances thrown in. Tomorrow night will be very interesting. Kevin should already be gone so I hope that finally happens. It's time. :o

yeahimweird
03-15-06, 01:58 AM
My favorites tonight -

I have to agree with you. Like I said in my post, I was underwhelmed overall tonight. Stevie was not a good theme to kick the Top 12 off with.

I thought Elliott would have done better, since Stevie is perfect for him sing. Vocally, he was good, but overall was kinda dull.

iloveny
03-15-06, 02:22 AM
Chris is amazing.

I love him!

He is also showing more personality and has been doing better at putting on a show (like tonight). Rock on Chris... literally!

ritaylnil
03-15-06, 08:46 AM
Definitely Chris, Katharine, and Taylor are the ones to beat. I love Mandisa, too, but she wasn't as good as those other 3 last night.

Kellie really sucks. I hope America is spared her fake cutesy dum-dum act by her getting voted off! If not her, then Kevin. I'm all for rooting for a guy from L.I., but the guy's way out of his league.

Ace--blah.
Bucky--one dimensional.
Lisa-- :snooze:
Paris--back to some of her old self; let's see next week.
Elliot--normally great, but sub-par last night.
Melissa--I can't believe Simon let her off so easy for forgetting the lyrics. That is inexcusable at this point. Also, when learning a new song, these singers should really understand what the song is about, not just "memorize". If she had done that, she would never have confused "Hope my premonition misses" with "Hope my recognition wishes" or whatever the hell she sang!:

"Lately, I have had the strangest feeling
With no vivid reason here to find
Yet the thought of losing youís been hanging
íround my mind

Far more frequently youíre wearing perfume
With you say no special place to go
But when I ask will you be coming back soon
You donít know, never know

Well, Iím a man of many wishes
Hope my premonition misses
But what I really feel my eyes wonít let me hide
'cause they always start to cry
'cause this time could mean goodbye

Lately Iíve been staring in the mirror
Very slowly picking me apart
Trying to tell myself I have no reason
With your heart

Just the other night while you were sleeping
I vaguely heard you whisper someoneís name
But when I ask you of the thoughts your keeping
You just say nothingís changed

Well, Iím a man of many wishes
I hope my premonition misses
'cause this time could mean goodbye, goodbye

Oh, Iím a man of many wishes
I hope my premonition misses
'cause this time could mean goodbye"

Barb51850
03-15-06, 08:56 AM
I thought Taylor looked very handsome. His hair was shorter and styled different, and I liked the jacket.

gdn
03-15-06, 09:50 AM
What did Taylor sing?

krystl
03-15-06, 10:23 AM
I love Taylor and hope he doesn't change his hair color. It's part of the whole Taylor package! I was hoping he'd whip out the harmonica during his song. I noticed he had it inhis hand but didn't play it.

Does anyone know how many are going home each week now? I don't remember if it's only one. (*Edit...I just checked the official website, it's one contestant and Stevie Wonder is singing on the show tonight!)

FWIW, Melissa was the only contestant that I never got a busy signal for, so she is probably going home tonght. Ace worried me a bit too because after a while I was able to get through 4 or 5 times in a row. Kevin's number was constantly busy but I did get through one or two times.
If it's only one contestant tonight, I'd say Melissa is a safe bet.

JfromJersey
03-15-06, 01:40 PM
The 3 favorites (F & M)..
Katherine, Paris, and Mandisa
Chris, Taylor, and Ace
A female darkhorse could be Lisa.
I don't see a male darkhorse.

Elliot needed to really nail his Stevie Wonder last night and he didn't. He certainly won't get by on his looks.
Bucky's version of Superstition wasn't bad, but he is just not AI material.
Kevin is a novelty act. If enough 10 year old girls vote for him he'll last a while longer, but I'm on Simon's side in the matter of Kevin Covais.
Kellie was a fish out of water handling Stevie Wonder, but she still looks hot and that will keep her in the competition.
Melissa is the favorite to get ousted tonight. Her performance wasn't bad, but I don't think she has a fan base.

Trish
03-15-06, 03:11 PM
I thought Taylor looked very handsome. His hair was shorter and styled different, and I liked the jacket.
I heart him.

gdn
03-15-06, 03:12 PM
I heart him.Get in line :p

Sam18
03-15-06, 03:15 PM
Get in line :p

:uhh:

ritaylnil
03-15-06, 03:17 PM
What did Taylor sing?

Living for the City.

yeahimweird
03-15-06, 03:46 PM
Melissa is the favorite to get ousted tonight. Her performance wasn't bad, but I don't think she has a fan base.

She wasn't seen until the semi-final rounds, so she doesn't have the advantage of some of the other contestants.

To stay, she needed to have a really good performance. Plus, she forgot the words to the song, which is inexcusable. I'm surprised Simon didn't call her on it.

krystl
03-15-06, 04:24 PM
She wasn't seen until the semi-final rounds, so she doesn't have the advantage of some of the other contestants.

To stay, she needed to have a really good performance. Plus, she forgot the words to the song, which is inexcusable. I'm surprised Simon didn't call her on it.
I think he did say something about it...or someone did, IIRC.
In any case, Simon probably figured the votes would speak for themselves so there was no point in calling her on it.

RhodyYanksFan
03-15-06, 04:31 PM

Fuel lost their front singer? If they hire an American Idol hack I wouldn't ever buy another of their records.

On a side note, if you're doing well in this show and you know people like you, why not hire an agent, drop out before it's over and get your own deal so you don't get stuck in the horrible contract they make you sign as a winner?

krystl
03-15-06, 04:33 PM
Fuel lost their front singer? If they hire an American Idol hack I wouldn't ever buy another of their records.

On a side note, if you're doing well in this show and you know people like you, why not hire an agent, drop out before it's over and get your own deal so you don't get stuck in the horrible contract they make you sign as a winner?
Chris is not just some hack. Simon has commented that Chris is really the only one who puts on a real life performance every time, not some karaoke bar performance.

yeahimweird
03-15-06, 04:38 PM
I think he did say something about it...or someone did, IIRC.
In any case, Simon probably figured the votes would speak for themselves so there was no point in calling her on it.

I think Randy mentioned it, and she knew she forgot them. I don't hate her, but it's no excuse.

I think they might give Ace a good scare and stick him in the bottom three, just give him a wake up call. It might not help his nerves any, though. Someone get the boy some Xanax.

Luvtino
03-15-06, 04:55 PM
Chris is not just some hack. Simon has commented that Chris is really the only one who puts on a real life performance every time, not some karaoke bar performance.

Agreed on all counts. I wouldn't judge someone based solely on them being on AI. There is a lot of good talent on this show. Chris should make it whether he wins or not.

Luvtino
03-15-06, 04:57 PM
I think they might give Ace a good scare and stick him in the bottom three, just give him a wake up call. It might not help his nerves any, though. Someone get the boy some Xanax.

I see Ace in much the same way as Kellie, but I thought Kellie was actually worse than Ace last night. Both are very sweet and very professional with some bad nerves. Both are also very good looking which will carry them for some time, but neither is a great singer and neither should win or even make it to the end.

yeahimweird
03-15-06, 05:41 PM
I see Ace in much the same way as Kellie, but I thought Kellie was actually worse than Ace last night. Both are very sweet and very professional with some bad nerves. Both are also very good looking which will carry them for some time, but neither is a great singer and neither should win or even make it to the end.

I thought Kellie was awful last night. The whole dumb blonde girl shtick is getting really old, really fast.

Even as someone who likes Ace, that performance last night was not good. He would have been better off singing something mid-tempo, like Part Time Lover. I think he would have sold it well.

Trish
03-15-06, 05:45 PM
Kellie's very cute, and I think she'd make a good TV comedian in a sitcom or something like that. She reminds me of Dolly Parton, minus the boobs. And the talent...:lol:

But she's got a certain quality that is appealing in the right setting.

RhodyYanksFan
03-15-06, 05:53 PM

Regardless...now that people know how Fox and AI bends the winner over, if he's really good he should withdraw and go get his own contract.

Trish
03-15-06, 05:56 PM
Regardless...now that people know how Fox and AI bends the winner over, if he's really good he should withdraw and go get his own contract.
I love it when you talk dirty.

JfromJersey
03-15-06, 06:13 PM

I'll bet there are legal provisions in the agreements contestants sign to appear on the show that prevent that from happening in the later rounds. Could you imagine the show coming down to the final 2 contestants, and before the final showdown one of them quits? I have a suspision that the lawyers for AI have addressed that possible scenario.

SheffRocks11
03-15-06, 08:19 PM
I'm so mad that I missed Stevie Wonder night! grr.

b-ball-lunachick
03-15-06, 08:29 PM
I realized I don't know as many Stevie Wonder songs as I thought. :D

Katherine and Chris are still my favorites...also like Taylor, Elliott and Mandisa...

I can't believe noone sang my favorite Stevie song - "isn't she lovely" -- easy song to sing yet you can put some runs in there...and it's maybe one of the most beautiful songs ever. :)

I hope Kevin goes home tonight...it's time.

RhodeyYankee2638
03-15-06, 08:46 PM
Kevin is soooo soooo awful. He has the charisma of a pet rock

Barb51850
03-15-06, 10:02 PM
This is getting to be a joke! Kevin is still SAFE??!!

Luvtino
03-15-06, 10:43 PM
As Kevin has made it this far, I shouldn't even be surprised that he is still in it. I hope I am wrong, but I fear he is going to turn into another John and Carmen. Teens that stay far beyond when they should. It is already happening.

Not surprised to see Melissa go. It was just a matter of time. A little shocking to see Ace and LT in the bottom 3. Ace wasn't vg last night, but Kellie and Kevin were worse. And I didn't like LT's performance as much as the judges, but she was pretty good. It will be interesting to see if their fans step it up now.

krystl
03-15-06, 10:53 PM
I was really surprised to see Lisa in the bottom 3.

Luvtino
03-15-06, 10:56 PM
I was really surprised to see Lisa in the bottom 3.

I found it pretty ironic that the judges were pushing her to sing and dress a little bit more youthful and when she does she ends up in the bottom 3. Maybe the fans like her better singing ballads and wearing dresses. That might be her niche.

yeahimweird
03-15-06, 11:04 PM

Did I call that or what?

The guy look terrified. :uhh:

Not surprised to see Melissa go home. You can't screw up lyrics to a Stevie Wonder song and get away with it.