PDA

View Full Version : One song. Once song only.

JDPNYY
01-17-06, 10:01 PM
You can only listen to one song for the rest of your life.

Which song would you choose?

Evil Empire
01-17-06, 10:01 PM
This is the song that never ends.

Mattpat11
01-17-06, 10:03 PM
Dream On

DeputyFife
01-17-06, 10:06 PM
Gravity Plan- by Modest Mouse

Evil Empire
01-17-06, 10:07 PM
Dream On

Holy Crap, that would probably be mine.

JDPNYY
01-17-06, 10:09 PM
I'm sure everyone already knows mine.

Sam18
01-17-06, 10:16 PM
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.

PinstripePride
01-17-06, 10:22 PM
Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani.

Sam18
01-17-06, 10:25 PM

:roflmao:

Wang's Groundballs
01-17-06, 10:35 PM
Probably "Where is my mind?" by the Pixies.

Sam18
01-17-06, 10:40 PM
Probably "Where is my mind?" by the Pixies.

I would've guessed "Only Time" by Enya.

MiamiKat
01-17-06, 10:53 PM
"Transmission" by Joy Division

NYDCYankee
01-17-06, 11:00 PM
"'Round Here" - Counting Crows

IronCaballo4
01-17-06, 11:08 PM
"The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground

Tifoso
01-17-06, 11:26 PM
Nessun Dorma-- Boccelli

Yes, really. :mad:

NYYBombshell
01-17-06, 11:27 PM
Nessun Dorma-- Boccelli

Yes, really. :mad:

I prefer Sarah Brightman's version.

NYYBombshell
01-17-06, 11:29 PM
Probably Tea for One by Led Zeppelin.

Tifoso
01-17-06, 11:35 PM
I prefer Sarah Brightman's version.

I am majorly impressed. Really. :clap:

Help me out, amica mia---what's the song that she and Andrea sing together?
It would be my 2nd choice---but having brain lock :eek: :o

NYYBombshell
01-17-06, 11:41 PM
I am majorly impressed. Really. :clap:

Help me out, amica mia---what's the song that she and Andrea sing together?
It would be my 2nd choice---but having brain lock :eek: :o

I've always loved her voice. I have pretty much all her albums and all of her live concert DVDs save one. Her version of O Mio Babbino Caro is flawless.

The song is Time to Say Goodbye (Con Te Partiro). She does a stunning solo version on her "Classics" album.

MisterNovember
01-17-06, 11:46 PM
Good idea for a thread.

Mine would have to be Piano Man. I know its cheesy and not all that original, but i have so many good memories with this song that I don't think I could ever get sick of it.

Sheff_Rod
01-17-06, 11:49 PM
Rump Shaker.

All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom
and a poom-poom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP!

MisterNovember
01-17-06, 11:54 PM
Rump Shaker.

All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom
and a poom-poom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP!

I used to love that song in Junior High. The first two CDs I ever purchased were Nirvana's "Nevermind", and Wrecx N Effex. If there are two more disparate CDs in the history of recorded music, I dare you to find them. :)

NYYBombshell
01-17-06, 11:56 PM
If there are two more disparate CDs in the history of recorded music, I dare you to find them. :)

From my CD collection:

Sarah Brightman's Eden (classical music)

&

Britney Spears' Oops.....I Did It Again (not so classical music)

MisterNovember
01-18-06, 12:04 AM
From my CD collection:

Sarah Brightman's Eden (classical music)

&

Britney Spears' Oops.....I Did It Again (not so classical music)

Fair enough. :)

I still think that the fact that I purchased "Nevermind" and "Rumpshaker" on the same day proves that I was a very confused, conflicted 14 year old. :)

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:05 AM
I've always loved her voice. I have pretty much all her albums and all of her live concert DVDs save one. Her version of O Mio Babbino Caro is flawless.

The song is Time to Say Goodbye (Con Te Partiro). She does a stunning solo version on her "Classics" album.
That's it. :)

Bocelli is so inspiring, though. Born blind, he has to memorize the songs without ever seeing them. He's brilliant.

Listen to his solo rendition (same tape). Simply stunning (and ALL in Italian, as it was originally).

JDPNYY
01-18-06, 12:10 AM
That's it. :)

Bocelli is so inspiring, though. Born blind, he has to memorize the songs without ever seeing them. He's brilliant.

Listen to his solo rendition (same tape). Simply stunning (and ALL in Italian, as it was originally).

He has a girly name.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:11 AM
:lol:

Not in Italian. ;)

JDPNYY
01-18-06, 12:13 AM

Not in Italian. ;)

I beg to differ.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:16 AM
I beg to differ.

OK, you may. ;)

Andrea is male in Italian :)

NYYBombshell
01-18-06, 12:24 AM

I still think that the fact that I purchased "Nevermind" and "Rumpshaker" on the same day proves that I was a very confused, conflicted 14 year old. :)

Ah, I didn't purchase them on the same day. I believe you win. :)

penguin4
01-18-06, 12:45 AM

I still think that the fact that I purchased "Nevermind" and "Rumpshaker" on the same day proves that I was a very confused, conflicted 14 year old. :)Aerosmith and Salt N' Peppa, baby. My first two tapes. I was 11. (Admittedly singles, but still...)

Oh yeah, and my answer would either have to be or "Crucifixion" by Phil Ochs or "November Rain" by GNR.

mr. baskums
01-18-06, 01:00 AM
Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland

Sam18
01-18-06, 01:40 AM
BTW this thread title is confusing.

yankeebot
01-18-06, 04:36 AM
Layla - Eric Clapton

Casey37
01-18-06, 05:19 AM
I Only Have Eyes for You
The Flamingos

Archer1979
01-18-06, 05:37 AM
Dirty Water.

:D

SoCal Pinstriper
01-18-06, 05:42 AM
A Love Supreme - John Coltrane

Edit: errr, maybe Giant Steps, or some Miles. This is a hard question.

yankeesnum1
01-18-06, 06:53 AM
Orion - Metallica

Bub
01-18-06, 07:05 AM
OK. Has to be a song that won't drive you bats. Should be a song that can involk a lot of thoughts and reflection on your life. Has to have a lot of meaning so you can chew on different pieces every time you listen.

Poems, Prayers and Promises by John Denver.

allybear
01-18-06, 07:11 AM
This is a hard topic - I guess "Black" by Pearl Jam, but there's probably a good 20 songs I could listen to forever without going nuts.

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 08:03 AM
Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27 No. 2

RhodyYanksFan
01-18-06, 08:18 AM
This is a hard topic - I guess "Black" by Pearl Jam, but there's probably a good 20 songs I could listen to forever without going nuts.

Ooh that's a good one.

Maybe the live version of Mountain Jam by Allman Bros Band because it's easily 45 minutes long so it'd be harder for it to get redundant.

Hitman23
01-18-06, 08:26 AM
"I Touch Myself"

no way I could pick just one. Even if I picked the greatest song ever written, heard enough times I'd hate it.

I heard Hotel California right after Stairway on one of the radios here in the office yesterday and I thought to myself how if I never hear either again, that would be quite alright. And they're both awesome songs.

I'd be able to pick an album, but not a song.

JWHIII
01-18-06, 08:30 AM
Fade to Black-Metallica

gdn
01-18-06, 08:43 AM
Oh, so many to choose from!

So Cruel - U2
Death and the Maiden
Wish you were here
Do you feel - Frampton

Oh wow, I have no idea...

Evil Empire
01-18-06, 08:56 AM
After careful consideration, it would be Starry Starry Nights by Don McLean.

Bub
01-18-06, 09:03 AM
After careful consideration, it would be Starry Starry Nights by Don McLean.Good choice.....actual title is Vincent.

gdn
01-18-06, 09:05 AM
Good choice.....actual title is Vincent.Great song.

Evil Empire
01-18-06, 09:15 AM
Good choice.....actual title is Vincent.

Yeah, that's what I meant. :)

RobRiv
01-18-06, 09:19 AM
At this moment, I would choose Dylan's "Visions of Johanna" -- but if it came down to chosing one song for the rest of my life, I'd be less decisive than Alex Rodriguez.

brosiusbuddy
01-18-06, 09:21 AM
Mmmbop.

j/k, New York State of Mind would be a good one

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 09:22 AM
Poems, Prayers and Promises by John Denver.

If I was going to go with a John Denver song I would have picked "Perhaps Love".

There are just so many options... it really is impossible to pick just one song (at least for me).

I have been in a Hoagy Carmichael mood lately... but it's too late, I've already picked. Besides, you can never go wrong with Beethoven.

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 09:25 AM
At this moment, I would choose Dylan's "Visions of Johanna" -- but if it came down to chosing one song for the rest of my life, I'd be less decisive than Alex Rodriguez.

This thread is driving me crazy because everytime somebody picks a song it makes me think of something else. My favorite Dylan song is "the girl from the north country". I could live with that.

penguin4
01-18-06, 10:00 AM
Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27 No. 2
O_o I didn't even *think* of classical music ('cause admittedly I don't listen to a lot of it) -- but I think I'll amend mine and say Brahms's Requiem, which is a little over an hour long and just really bowls me over every time. We did it in chorus sophomore year of college and it's one of those pieces that's almost a spiritual experience every time I hear it.

THEBOSS84
01-18-06, 10:15 AM
two step - dave matthews featuring tim reynolds

jonnyc39
01-18-06, 10:39 AM
Alison, Elvis Costello.

NewAmsterdamYankee
01-18-06, 11:35 AM
So What - Miles Davis

Stick Michael
01-18-06, 11:37 AM
I'm quite confident that I'd lose my mind if I had to listen to one song, great as it may be, over and over again for eternity. If I could opt for nothing I'd choose that, but if I had to pick a song I'd want something with subliminal messages urging me to 'go on and drink the Jim Jones Kool Aid!'

James

tdel23
01-18-06, 11:38 AM
seekup-Dave Matthews Band

Smithers
01-18-06, 11:45 AM
i doubt people will even know what songs i'm talking about.

my choice would have to be an epic, life changing song.

something corporate - konstantine
avenged sevenfold - i wont see you tonight
coheed and cambria - in keeping secrets of silent earth
killswitch engage - the end of heartache

Snap731
01-18-06, 11:48 AM
I'm going to cheat:

The second half of Abbey Road.

Bosox Guy in Chitown
01-18-06, 11:58 AM
One song for eternity?

I don't care what song you choose, that would be hell.

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 12:03 PM
One song for eternity?

I don't care what song you choose, that would be hell.

Yea, I suppose it would be a lot like Bill Murray waking up to the same song every morning in Groundhog Day (I can't remember what the song was though).

flutie22
01-18-06, 12:04 PM
Three Little Birds- Bob Marley

flutie22
01-18-06, 12:05 PM
Yea, I suppose it would be a lot like Bill Murray waking up to the same song every morning in Groundhog Day (I can't remember what the song was though).

it was sonny and cher's i got you babe...thats a great movie

gdn
01-18-06, 12:12 PM
One song for eternity?

I don't care what song you choose, that would be hell.Hell is other people.

Hitman23
01-18-06, 12:13 PM
you know I can't help but think how stupid and ignorant John is for the title of this thread. I mean, you're so carelessly dumb. You don't deserve to start threats. You are a sad example of what America has become.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:19 PM
Hell is other people.

You don't mean that. :)

gdn
01-18-06, 12:19 PM
You don't mean that. :)Ofcourse I do :)

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:22 PM
Ofcourse I do :)

I am offended. I thought we were friends. :(

gdn
01-18-06, 12:24 PM
I am offended. I thought we were friends. :(Yep, we are. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy alone time ;)

Also, it's much more complicated than taking that to mean you hate people.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:27 PM
I think Hell is no other people...complete alone-ness lost in one's ego.

Just sayin...

Bosox Guy in Chitown
01-18-06, 12:28 PM

You got me, babe.

;)

gdn
01-18-06, 12:29 PM

Just sayin...

http://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/hell/sart.html

b-ball-lunachick
01-18-06, 12:31 PM
damn, that's a great song - huh Ally? only thing is it's so "black" :D that I think it would be depressing to hear over and over...

I was going to say Waitin on a Sunny Day by Bruce but I'll go with Thunder Road. :)

gdn
01-18-06, 12:33 PM

Just sayin...Also:

This play, an example of expert craftmanship so organized that the audience learns very slowly the facts concerning the three characters, is Sartre's indictment of the social comedy and the false role that each man plays in it. The most famous utterance in the play, made by Garcin, when he says that hell is other people, l'enfer, c'est les autres, is, in the briefest form possible, Sartre's definition of man's fundamental sin. When the picture a man has of himself is provided by those who see him, in the distorted image of himself that they give back to him, he has rejected what the philosopher has called reality. He has, moreover, rejected the possibility of projecting himself into his future and existing in the fullest sense. In social situations we play a part that is not ourself. If we passively become that part, we are thereby avoiding the important decisions and choices by which personality should be formed.

http://www.theatrehistory.com/french/sartre002.html

Bub
01-18-06, 12:39 PM
You got me, babe.

;)I got you, babe. "So put your little hand in mine...there ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb....." That's one of my very few movies I give 5 stars out of 5.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 12:42 PM
Also:

http://www.theatrehistory.com/french/sartre002.html

That would be true if we were defined by others. We may be misunderstood by others, but that doesn't change who we really are.

The fact that I think an apple is a tomato, doesn't make it a tomato. :)

BrooklynBotz
01-18-06, 12:43 PM
Northern Soul by The Verve. It rocks but you can dance to it and it's kind of pissed off which I would be if I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life.

gdn
01-18-06, 12:43 PM
That would be true if we were defined by others. We may be misunderstood by others, but that doesn't change who we really are.

The fact that I think an apple is a tomato, doesn't make it a tomato. :)See, I disagree..

Maybe we should continue this in the LTE, for fear of
:-offtopic:-hijack-:

SuperMario66
01-18-06, 01:01 PM
Mmmbop.

I love them, but I would cry.

Maybe The Blower's Daughter though...

Hitman23
01-18-06, 01:02 PM
Maybe The Blower's Daughter though...there's something dirty in there I know it

Dooley Womack
01-18-06, 01:03 PM
"It's a Small World After All" before I blow my brains out.

corynnmarie
01-18-06, 01:13 PM
I almost think I would rather be deaf than live with one single song the rest of my good 60 years. Knowing that I could never hear music again would be better than knowing I could never hear anything new. I'm probably weird.

effdamets
01-18-06, 01:17 PM
Since I'm a HUGE Rush fan... Xanadu!

Of course, Springsteen's Jungleland finishes a very close second.

Nashwan
01-18-06, 01:22 PM
"Con Te Partiro" - Andrea Bocelli/Sarah Brightman.

Espinosa's Glasses
01-18-06, 01:27 PM
Nas- 'Memory Lane'... It reminds me of everything...

Although it might kill me to live without Zep.

Hitman23
01-18-06, 01:30 PM
Nas- 'Memory Lane'... It reminds me of everything...

Although it might kill me to live without Zep.If you're picking a Nas song over a Zeppelin song, I think Zeppelin might appreciate it if you lived without them.

Espinosa's Glasses
01-18-06, 01:31 PM
If you're picking a Nas song over a Zeppelin song, I think Zeppelin might appreciate it if you lived without them.

Its a personal thing... I can't touch Zep in any musical qualities... its just personal...

Hitman23
01-18-06, 01:33 PM
Its a personal thing... I can't touch Zep in any musical qualities... its just personal...on a positive note I am happy to see you appreciate both styles of music. :cool:

Barb51850
01-18-06, 01:35 PM
Amazing Grace

Espinosa's Glasses
01-18-06, 01:36 PM
on a positive note I am happy to see you appreciate both styles of music. :cool:

I meant to say it... btw not 'i' lol...

Rap is the music that I grew up with... I really couldn't afford to buy tapes so I had to borrow them off of my brother... He was all rap and super-heavy metal...

Hitman23
01-18-06, 01:40 PM
I meant to say it... btw not 'i' lol...

Rap is the music that I grew up with... I really couldn't afford to buy tapes so I had to borrow them off of my brother... He was all rap and super-heavy metal...I was the same way, only the metal came first. I haven't been into rap for over 10 years now, but I was big into Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Slick Rick, Tribe Called Quest, and NWA. It was weird how in my room you could go from hearing "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" to "Reign In Blood". :lol:

Espinosa's Glasses
01-18-06, 01:45 PM
I was the same way, only the metal came first. I haven't been into rap for over 10 years now, but I was big into Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Slick Rick, Tribe Called Quest, and NWA. It was weird how in my room you could go from hearing "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" to "Reign In Blood". :lol:

You could see that though... they are both militant to dominant thought kinda...

When we were little we refused to listen to bands like Poison and Ratt... So we bought all rap... Then we caught Seasons in the Abyss on the Headbangers Ball the one night... I bought that tape the next day... Then came Metallica... Then the classic rock... but rap always was always... kinda like a backbone...

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 01:46 PM
Aerosmith and Salt N' Peppa, baby. My first two tapes. I was 11. (Admittedly singles, but still...)

Oh yeah, and my answer would either have to be or "Crucifixion" by Phil Ochs or "November Rain" by GNR.

I don't know how I missed this originally... Phil Ochs! Wow, I didn't think there was any Phil Ochs' fans left? Good for you.

I remember reading that Sean Penn intended to make a movie about Phil Ochs' life. I think Penn would be perfect for the role (albeit a little too old). I wonder what's happening with that. Phil Ochs... that brought back a lot of memories. I'll have to hunt through my old vinyl album collection and play my "Phil Ochs in Concert" album. I haven't thought about him in a long,long time. Thanks for reminding me.

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 01:53 PM
Amazing Grace

You're lucky you're not a member of my church because one of the Priests hates Amazing Grace and he forbids me to play it. When Pope John Paul II died I played it before Mass because it was reportedly his favorite song. Boy, did I get an earful after Mass.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 01:57 PM
You're lucky you're not a member of my church because one of the Priests hates Amazing Grace and he forbids me to play it. When Pope John Paul II died I played it before Mass because it was reportedly his favorite song. Boy, did I get an earful after Mass.

(I'm a faithful RC, OK?)

Your priest needs his head examined. Amazing Grace is fantastic, and my 2nd favorite religious song (after Ave Maria). (Not pointing the criticism at you in any way, OK?)

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 02:02 PM
(I'm a faithful RC, OK?)

Your priest needs his head examined. Amazing Grace is fantastic, and my 2nd favorite religious song (after Ave Maria). (Not pointing the criticism at you in any way, OK?)

I'm on your side.... but the priest doesn't like it and he's the boss. So when he says "don't play it", I don't play it. Actually let me say this, he is a really good guy.... but for whatever reason he doesn't like it. We all have our preferences.

Bub
01-18-06, 02:02 PM
You're lucky you're not a member of my church because one of the Priests hates Amazing Grace and he forbids me to play it. When Pope John Paul II died I played it before Mass because it was reportedly his favorite song. Boy, did I get an earful after Mass.What was his beef with the song? Even considering the most stringent Roman Catholic ideologies, I can't think of a problem with the words.

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 02:07 PM
What was his beef with the song? Even considering the most stringent Roman Catholic ideologies, I can't think of a problem with the words.

I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up. I don't want to be in a position to answer for him. I'm pretty sure I know why but I'd rather not say.

Babe Rules
01-18-06, 02:10 PM
Cotton-Eye Joe

Bub
01-18-06, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up. I don't want to be in a position to answer for him. I'm pretty sure I know why but I'd rather not say.Ok. I'll have to assume that........... uh.......................................hmmmmm.

He doesn't think he's a wretch? :) I grew up in a Roman Catholic church....never heard of the song until I went to a Baptist service.

Bub
01-18-06, 02:11 PM
Cotton-Eye Joe :lol: It's all I can do to put up with it once a game.

hardrain
01-18-06, 02:14 PM
Mrs. Brown You have a lovely daughter -- Herman's Hermits.

fredgmuggs
01-18-06, 02:15 PM
Ok. I'll have to assume that........... uh.......................................hmmmmm.

He doesn't think he's a wretch? :) I grew up in a Roman Catholic church....never heard of the song until I went to a Baptist service.

I'm just the opposite. I grew up as a Baptist and then went through the RCIA program and converted to Catholicism in my 20's. We better stop, we are not allowed to talk about religion, right? ;)

Bub
01-18-06, 02:16 PM
Mrs. Brown You have a lovely daughter -- Herman's Hermits.Did you know the beginning of that song is played on a bass guitar? It sounds like some kind of a mandolin, but I saw them play the song live and they put a capo down the bottom of a bass and it produced a mondolin-type of sound.

Bub
01-18-06, 02:17 PM
I'm just the opposite. I grew up as a Baptist and then went through the RCIA program and converted to Catholisicm in my 20's. We better stop, we are not allowed to talk about religion, right? ;)We're not talking religion, we're discussing a song. But it's time to move on with songs anyway....

gdn
01-18-06, 02:18 PM
I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred :p

Tifoso
01-18-06, 02:19 PM
I'm on your side.... but the priest doesn't like it and he's the boss. So when he says "don't play it", I don't play it. Actually let me say this, he is a really good guy.... but for whatever reason he doesn't like it. We all have our preferences.

Nicely put :clap:

hellonewman
01-18-06, 03:02 PM
"Those Were the Days" by Archie and Edith Bunker.

Boy the way Glen Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days.

Pure magic.

brosiusbuddy
01-18-06, 03:30 PM
Tribute by Tenacious D

CoyoteYankee
01-18-06, 03:54 PM
This question is waaaayyy to hard. I guess I'd have to go with "Yellow" by Coldplay. I've listened to it a trillion times and I'm still not sick of it.

bagger015
01-18-06, 03:55 PM
Laughing...........The Guess Who............:)

YankeePride1967
01-18-06, 05:35 PM
"My Life" by Billy Joel.

JDPNYY
01-18-06, 05:39 PM
Amazing Grace

Ever hear The Blind Boys of Alabama perform Amazing Grace?

Tifoso
01-18-06, 05:39 PM
"My Life" by Billy Joel.

:clap:

Stupid Flanders
01-18-06, 05:53 PM
You don't mean that. :)
It's amazing how few people get a Sartre reference. :(

Tifoso
01-18-06, 05:54 PM
It's amazing how few people get a Sartre reference. :(

Cause he's full of *bleep* :D

Stupid Flanders
01-18-06, 05:59 PM
Cause he's full of *bleep* :Dhey *bleep* you *bleepy*

Stupid Flanders
01-18-06, 06:01 PM
This is a hard topic - I guess "Black" by Pearl Jam, but there's probably a good 20 songs I could listen to forever without going nuts.OK that was going to be my choice.. but I'll try and be unique.

Classical is probably the way to go if you don't want to be insane, but I'm ok with going nuts.

So.. either "Monkey Gone to Heaven" by the Pixies or anything off of Springsteen's "Nebraska"

Tifoso
01-18-06, 06:04 PM
hey *bleep* you *bleepy*

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Kudo
01-18-06, 06:14 PM
Hablemos de Amor - Ruben Sierra.

Words cant describe the beauty in his voice.

twinks34
01-18-06, 06:15 PM
This is hard.

The Shins - Know Your Onion?
When the Levee Breaks?

Evil Empire
01-18-06, 06:31 PM

I thought Sierra Mist got RO'd ;)

Kudo
01-18-06, 06:49 PM
I thought Sierra Mist got RO'd ;)

He isnt the only one with irrational love for Big Rube. I am sure they are a few more like me, like the guy who just came out of a coma and thinks its still 1989.

sprucemoose
01-18-06, 06:50 PM
Northern Soul by The Verve. It rocks but you can dance to it and it's kind of pissed off which I would be if I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life.

Funny that you mention that song in this thread.......after a bad breakup a few years ago I listened to 'On Your Own' from the Northern Soul album non-stop on repeat for a few days straight.....turns out it wouldn't be my 'one song' since I can't stand it now, and thats after just three days of hearing nothing but that song....still a great, and under-rated album though

My one song would have to be Dylan, probably 'Tangled up in Blue'

Tifoso
01-18-06, 06:50 PM
He isnt the only one with irrational love for Big Rube. I am sure they are a few more like me, like the guy who just came out of a coma and thinks its still 1989.

yankeebot
01-18-06, 06:53 PM
Ohhh, my favorite version. Brings me to tears.

JDPNYY
01-18-06, 06:57 PM
Ohhh, my favorite version. Brings me to tears.

I'm glad someone else has heard it. They do a simply great version.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-18-06, 06:57 PM
Almost any song by AC/DC

Archer1979
01-18-06, 07:01 PM
Cotton-Eye Joe

I'm really disappointed in all of you.

I would have thought the answer would have been "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra.

Jersey Yankee
01-18-06, 07:07 PM
New York, New York, by Frank Sinatra

To be played 11 times every October.

Then again, I can't stop listening to Georgia, by the immortal Ray Charles.

Tifoso
01-18-06, 07:11 PM
New York, New York, by Frank Sinatra

To be played 11 times every October.

Then again, I can't stop listening to Georgia, by the immortal Ray Charles.

He's dead, though.

Just sayin..

Barb51850
01-18-06, 07:33 PM

No, I've never heard it.

TheMick@ND
01-18-06, 08:07 PM
One Day More from Les Mis with the Original London Cast

NYYBombshell
01-18-06, 08:08 PM

I know someone else that would pick that song.

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
01-18-06, 10:27 PM
No one's mentioned mine yet... except in the title of another thread in this forum. ;)

Evil Empire
01-18-06, 10:30 PM
No one's mentioned mine yet... except in the title of another thread in this forum. ;)

Happy Birthday Miko & Euclis?

StaceyRosie
01-18-06, 10:31 PM
I can't think of just one

I can think of one artist I'd want to hear for the rest of my life but not one song.

Sheff_Rod
01-18-06, 10:32 PM
Happy Birthday Miko & Euclis?

That would make a great name for a sitcom.

penguin4
01-19-06, 12:29 AM
I don't know how I missed this originally... Phil Ochs! Wow, I didn't think there was any Phil Ochs' fans left? Good for you.

I remember reading that Sean Penn intended to make a movie about Phil Ochs' life. I think Penn would be perfect for the role (albeit a little too old). I wonder what's happening with that. Phil Ochs... that brought back a lot of memories. I'll have to hunt through my old vinyl album collection and play my "Phil Ochs in Concert" album. I haven't thought about him in a long,long time. Thanks for reminding me.
Heh, ironically, it was a phase I went through last year (since I obviously was born a couple decades too late actually to have experienced it when it came out), so I don't know if you could say I'm one of the fans "left", lol. Was so disillusioned after the election, the way it divided the country, and the war and the administration (and in turn the opponents of the administration, who weren't much better) -- it was just the right music for the right time. Substitute "Iraq" for "Vietnam" and "W" for "LBJ" and it's all suddenly relevant. "Crucifixion", especially, is one of those songs I can listen to a zillion times and never get tired of -- his lyrics are just some of the most amazing I've ever heard; floored me the first time I heard it and continues to do so even the fifty thousandth time.

Evil Empire
01-19-06, 07:57 AM
That would make a great name for a sitcom.
(swing/big band style)

Ba da bum, bum!

It's miko, the intellectual
and Eucy, the confidential.
Who go and save the day
just doin it their own way.

Ba da bum, bum!

One's just really sliiiick-oh!
The other just just kinda stinks-oh!
But we all love them a lot-oh
It's Euclis and Miko!
Euclis and Miko
Mi-ko an-d Eu-cl-liiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!

yanksconstantino24
01-19-06, 09:23 AM
It would be hard to pick just one song, but if I had to, I guess I'd go with Fat Joe's "So Much More"

Snatch Catch
01-19-06, 09:42 AM
Born blind, he has to memorize the songs without ever seeing them. He's brilliant.

:lol: Hey, Lou- I've memorized hundreds of songs in my lifetime, and I don't know that I've ever looked at the lyrics to any of them! ;)

PalmerGA
01-19-06, 10:54 AM
What Is Hip? by Tower of Power

I listen to that song LOUD and it just drains all of the stress and tensions of everyday life right out of my body... total relaxation when it's finished. I often crank it up on my way to the golf course. :D

Arod for President
01-19-06, 10:56 AM

UGH what a stupid song. hey just my opinion!

DontHateOnNumber2
01-19-06, 11:35 AM
I can't possibly maen this because I love music way too much but I'd be alright listening to "Rock With You" by Michael Jackson. It's from the "Off the Wall" album and is my favorite somg by him. It's bad ass. Maybe even "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor.....after awhile I get sick of rock and hip-hop. :D

NYyanksfan
01-19-06, 12:10 PM
New York, New York.
both Frank Sinatra and Liza Minelli's versions.

#7forever
01-19-06, 06:19 PM
Can't do it! I have enough trouble picking 10 albums for a desert island disks
list. Besides, I'd go absolutely bonkers if I could only listen to one song or piece of music for the rest of my life.

Gringaloca
01-19-06, 08:15 PM
For You - Kenny Lattimore

The most beautiful love ballad ever. English or Spanish version :)

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
01-19-06, 08:35 PM
The other thread's out of the page now.

"Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin.

AMC
01-19-06, 10:08 PM
Luciano Pavarotti's rendition of Ave Maria.

JDPNYY
01-19-06, 10:18 PM
From the Album - Nursery Cryme, I'd choose The Musical Box by Genesis.Progressive Rock perfection.

Smithers
01-19-06, 10:46 PM
i must be too young or something. i haven't heard of 3/4 of the songs listed.

Stick Michael
01-20-06, 01:27 AM
Since I'm a HUGE Rush fan... Xanadu!

Big Rush fan here too (well, their old stuff anyway). Geddy's on my Top 10 List of People I'd Like to Have a Beer and Watch a Ballgame With...but even a great, obscure Rush song (maybe something off of Caress of Steel?) would still drive me to insanity if played over and over again.

James

NYDCYankee
01-20-06, 05:59 AM
i doubt people will even know what songs i'm talking about.

my choice would have to be an epic, life changing song.

something corporate - konstantine
avenged sevenfold - i wont see you tonight
coheed and cambria - in keeping secrets of silent earth
killswitch engage - the end of heartache

Claudio Sanchez is irritating.

Bozidar
01-20-06, 08:12 AM
Scenes from an Italian Resturant -- it's like 3 songs in one.

Smithers
01-20-06, 08:41 AM
Claudio Sanchez is irritating.

most people love him or hate him. their new album is below par, but they put on an amazing live show, especially that particular song. ive seen them 5 times and i still get chills every time i hear it.

NYDCYankee
01-20-06, 08:43 AM
most people love him or hate him. their new album is below par, but they put on an amazing live show, especially that particular song. ive seen them 5 times and i still get chills every time i hear it.

I would probably like them if he wasn't in the band.

effdamets
01-20-06, 09:32 AM
Big Rush fan here too (well, their old stuff anyway). Geddy's on my Top 10 List of People I'd Like to Have a Beer and Watch a Ballgame With...but even a great, obscure Rush song (maybe something off of Caress of Steel?) would still drive me to insanity if played over and over again.

James
Geddy is a big baseball fan too! Rush is the one of two groups I've ever seen in concert. We used to sit front and center in the Garden, Meadowlands and Nassau Colesium every year they would come into the area. We snuck a camera in once and took some awesome pictures of Geddy and Neil. And yeah, you're right, their newer stuff doesn't appeal to me as much... But I still buy the albums!

JDPNYY
01-20-06, 05:11 PM
Scenes from an Italian Resturant -- it's like 3 songs in one.

A cool choice would be Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull. It's 45 minutes long.