PDA

View Full Version : In Modell's Window On Broadway

wexy
01-11-06, 07:11 PM
There's a big Modell's on Broadway and John Street in Lower Manhattan.
They have a big winter display of winter jackets and work boots in the window.

Hanging between all of these cold weather items is a lone navy tee shirt;

DAMON

JDPNYY
01-11-06, 07:47 PM
There's a big Modell's on Broadway and John Street in Lower Manhattan.
They have a big winter display of winter jackets and work boots in the window.

Hanging between all of these cold weather items is a lone navy tee shirt;

DAMON

I heard the Yankees signed Johnny Damon.

StaceyRosie
01-11-06, 07:48 PM

What?!?!?!!?

JDPNYY
01-11-06, 07:49 PM
What?!?!?!!?

There was a Thread here a while back. I almost missed the news too.

wexy
01-11-06, 07:51 PM

Hey I was in Florida. Its news to me .

JDPNYY
01-11-06, 07:52 PM
Hey I was in Florida. Its news to me .

I hope you had a nice time down there Rich!

How's your dad?

wexy
01-11-06, 08:29 PM
I hope you had a nice time down there Rich!

How's your dad?

Hey John, I got my Dad settled down there. There was quite a bit of damage from Hurricane Wilma where he is. Lots of shredded trees, torn up roofs rooves whatever. He was lucky as his apartment had minor damage, I was sweeping up some glass from shattered windows that his neighbors replaced when he was in NYC. Some of his neighbor are still out of their places.

Me, I got a little sun, walked six miles a day and saw a couple of movies.
Nothing too exciting, Hope alls well with you as well.

JDPNYY
01-11-06, 09:26 PM
Hey John, I got my Dad settled down there. There was quite a bit of damage from Hurricane Wilma where he is. Lots of shredded trees, torn up roofs rooves whatever. He was lucky as his apartment had minor damage, I was sweeping up some glass from shattered windows that his neighbors replaced when he was in NYC. Some of his neighbor are still out of their places.

Me, I got a little sun, walked six miles a day and saw a couple of movies.
Nothing too exciting, Hope alls well with you as well.

My folks have a small home in Port St Lucie. They had quite a bit of damage as well. They lost their screened in porch. Had a few broken windows, and a roof from a house down the street in their front yard.

They were down there at the time and were staying at a friends house a bit inland. They were (are) fine. I'm heading down for a visit in about 4 weeks.

Glad you had a relaxing time & your dad's all settled.

DontHateOnNumber2
01-12-06, 11:27 AM
I think I'll hold off on Johnny Damon merchandise until I find out if he plays well as a Yankee. If he does well I'll get a shirt for me and Kristy. She liked him even as a Red Sock!

LilChief
01-13-06, 08:20 AM
I'm really curious to see if the Modell's up here (or Bob's for that matter) still have all those Red Sox Damon shirts on the racks...or if they've started hiding them and putting out the new Yankees ones yet?I won't buy one, just wonder...but since I'm broke I don't even want to go in there and be tempted to buy anything else...;)

Kiwiwriter
01-13-06, 08:56 AM
The Modell's at Herald Square has plenty of Chien-Ming Wang t-shirts...but only three Johnny Damons left, none in my size. What're ya gonna do? :giveup:

LilChief
01-13-06, 09:02 AM
The Modell's at Herald Square has plenty of Chien-Ming Wang t-shirts...but only three Johnny Damons left, none in my size. What're ya gonna do? :giveup:

Wow really? I would Love a Wang tshirt (much more than a Damon shirt)...we are out in the stix here...the stores up here only have the major 3-4 or so players most of the time (Arod, Jeter, maybe Sheff or Johnson) and occassionally we'll see the "other" players, but not as often or as many (Like Rivera, Posada, Bernie, Moose, Pavano-since he's from around here)
I wish we had a better selection like you have there...

yankeebot
01-13-06, 09:14 AM
The best place I have ever found for Yankee t-shirts is the Stormville Flea Market. Every shirt, every size, $10.

LilChief
01-13-06, 09:23 AM
The best place I have ever found for Yankee t-shirts is the Stormville Flea Market. Every shirt, every size, $10.

When and where is that? Maybe I'll get there someday!

Kiwiwriter
01-13-06, 09:28 AM
Wow really? I would Love a Wang tshirt (much more than a Damon shirt)...we are out in the stix here...the stores up here only have the major 3-4 or so players most of the time (Arod, Jeter, maybe Sheff or Johnson) and occassionally we'll see the "other" players, but not as often or as many (Like Rivera, Posada, Bernie, Moose, Pavano-since he's from around here)
I wish we had a better selection like you have there...

Well, I'm short on money right now, so I didn't get any t-shirt, but I would get a Wang shirt if I had the bread. but I wanted to welcome Johnny to the Stadium. :NY: It was annoying. :enraged: But I'll live. :-shrug-:

Jersey Yankee
01-13-06, 09:35 AM
I think I'll hold off on Johnny Damon merchandise until I find out if he plays well as a Yankee. If he does well I'll get a shirt for me and Kristy. She liked him even as a Red Sock!
I'm going to get some Section 39 tickets (or 37, if unavailable), and wear that Damon thing so that all of the Beantowners can see this.

If anyone's selling a "We got Damon" t-shirt, then I'll buy that also.

yankeebot
01-13-06, 09:42 AM
When and where is that? Maybe I'll get there someday!It is at the old Stormville Airport in Duchess County. I don't know where you are in CT but when I lived in Greenwich, it took around an hour to get there. Much closer if you are near Danbury. Here is the link with the dates:

http://www.stormvilleairportfleamarket.com/

edit: The site shows the 2005 dates. I'm sure it will be updated soon.

Sheff_Rod
01-13-06, 03:59 PM

Did they have different size Wangs?

Kiwiwriter
01-13-06, 05:10 PM

Yes, they did...a bunch of adult sizes.

I go through Herald Square every couple of weeks. Contact me off-line and maybe I can help you out on this evolution. :)

Jersey Yankee
01-13-06, 07:28 PM
One size fits all: 2XL. :gulp::O

Oh, and if you get the "Johnson" one, it'll be XXL-Super Tall. :p

LilChief
01-15-06, 11:06 AM
It is at the old Stormville Airport in Duchess County. I don't know where you are in CT but when I lived in Greenwich, it took around an hour to get there. Much closer if you are near Danbury. Here is the link with the dates:

http://www.stormvilleairportfleamarket.com/

edit: The site shows the 2005 dates. I'm sure it will be updated soon.

Thanks...I'll be sure to check it out in the spring. I'm near Waterbury now, about 1/2hr from Danbury, but I used to live in Sherman, near the state border, so I know some back roads to get to that general area too...sounds like a nice day trip with the old car.;)

flutie22
01-15-06, 10:24 PM

pervert

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-17-06, 03:02 PM
This shirt is on MLB.com now.