PDA

View Full Version : The Shield: Season 5 - Official Thread

brosiusbuddy
01-10-06, 10:55 PM
Conscience is a killer.

Holy crap. This is the greatest show on television. There is no way I could ever be convinced that there is another show out there that even compares.

The storyline is pure brilliance in its intricacy. The conclusion of the very first episode of season 1 is still a main part of the plot on the start of season 5.

Episode 1, Season 5 was nothing short of fantastic and I'm giddy to watch future episodes.

Episode 1: Quote of the week-

Mother of young gunman: Why are you arresting my son?
Vic: He ran a stop sign.

mr. baskums
01-11-06, 08:14 AM
***spoiler***

I can't believe the CI is backstabbing Vic after all he has done to help her out. And what the hell is Lemansky going to do now that IA is on to him???? And is Dutch the father of Sofer's baby??????????

I love, love, love this show!

JWHIII
01-11-06, 08:31 AM
***spoiler***

I can't believe the CI is backstabbing Vic after all he has done to help her out. And what the hell is Lemansky going to do now that IA is on to him???? And is Dutch the father of Sofer's baby??????????

I love, love, love this show!
I was thinking that Vic may be the father of Danny's kid. Excellent first episode, Whitaker's character was good. Only the Shield would begin a season with a brawl in a funeral home. :lol:

BronxByTheBay
01-11-06, 08:50 AM
Underwhelming first episode as far as I'm concerned. Had its moments, but nothing off the charts. It does set up everything nicely though, and Whitaker's character is already getting on my nerves in a good way. (I will say right now I DO NOT care about Danny' pregnancy. Don't care who the father is and I hope it's a storyline that's kept to a minimum of screen time.)

Favorite moment: Vic zapping the kid with the tazer one more time just for the hell of it.

YClipper5
01-11-06, 08:51 AM
I was thinking that Vic may be the father of Danny's kid. Excellent first episode, Whitaker's character was good. Only the Shield would begin a season with a brawl in a funeral home. :lol:
What a fantastic season opening episode!!

(OPENING EPISODE SPOILER!!!)

I also believe that Vic is the father. How funny was the pool they had up on the board about who the father is? Did you see some of the names? Gilroy's Liver, Monica Rawlins, Dutch only had one vote. Classic.

I don't think Lem is going to fold. When he tells Vic what's going on, I think it makes the Strike Team stronger. Great to see the ST dropping the "calling card" on the guy who nailed Ronnie.

Just a great show.

JWHIII
01-11-06, 08:52 AM
Favorite moment: Vic zapping the kid with the tazer one more time just for the hell of it.
"That's for being a wise-ass" :D

YClipper5
01-11-06, 08:54 AM
Underwhelming first episode as far as I'm concerned.

Surprised you feel that way. A ton happened in the episode to set up the entire season.

BronxByTheBay
01-11-06, 09:11 AM
Surprised you feel that way. A ton happened in the episode to set up the entire season.

Sure, but sometimes setup episodes are a little dull. I also thought the "kill clock" stuff was a little convoluted. I still have no idea why those two kids had to kill two black people.

mr. baskums
01-11-06, 09:22 AM
Sure, but sometimes setup episodes are a little dull. I also thought the "kill clock" stuff was a little convoluted. I still have no idea why those two kids had to kill two black people.

I was kind of lost on that too. Just a gang type related thing was my guess. :dunno:

And I completely forgot about Vic's tryst with Sofer. Yup, Vic is the daddy.

BronxByTheBay
01-11-06, 09:28 AM
I was kind of lost on that too. Just a gang type related thing was my guess. :dunno:

And I completely forgot about Vic's tryst with Sofer. Yup, Vic is the daddy.

Of course he is. Vic is everybody's daddy. :D

JWHIII
01-11-06, 09:35 AM
My understanding of the "kill clock" was that the Latino kid's father had killed the nephew of a Los Mag's captain and he would be killed in prison unless two blacks were killed by his son as some type of crazy way to make amends.

edit-I'm not even sure that makes sense to me

mr. baskums
01-11-06, 09:36 AM
Of course he is. Vic is everybody's daddy. :D

indeed he is :lol:

Vic is the mack daddy!

TinoFan84
01-11-06, 09:37 AM
Normally I tape everything and watch it later but not this show - this I had to see and it was well worth it! I love this show and I can't believe they're gonna try to squeez Lem to roll on Vic - I don't think he'll do it but we'll see ... and I, too, suspect that Vic is the Daddy ... they did have that "encounter" in the car last year ... wonder what the mystery illness is that Claudette has ... and the new captain is such a weinie!

brosiusbuddy
01-11-06, 09:49 AM
and the new captain is such a weinie!

yeah he is. he's the same guy who dutch and claudette gave a hard time to because he hid during a shooting at the carwash he was at and then phoned it in anonymously.

wouldn't it be something if julian were the father? maybe danny gave him a little practice at heterosexual sex that we havent heard about

TinoFan84
01-11-06, 01:26 PM
wouldn't it be something if julian were the father? maybe danny gave him a little practice at heterosexual sex that we havent heard about

Ok, THAT made me snort my pepsi one out my nose!

brosiusbuddy
01-17-06, 03:51 PM
New episode tonight at 10 ET, re-aring at 11. Dont miss it... or Vic will kick your ass and leave the calling card.

ShaneTravis
01-17-06, 04:02 PM
New episode tonight at 10 ET, re-aring at 11. Dont miss it... or Vic will kick your ass and leave the calling card.

Thanks for the tip, I have been meaning to catch the show. I will tune in tonight.
On a side note keep an open eye out for Officer Avila in tonights episode. I think he has a very short scene so don't blink. lol

DanB
01-17-06, 05:56 PM
ok, but seriously now, no one addressed the real issue with the first episode...what's in the future with the new hottie? Officer Hanlon...I read somewhere that she's going to be Danny's replacement...does that mean permanently?

brosiusbuddy
01-17-06, 10:54 PM
Once again, another great episode. What Lem will do now, who knows? I think Vic will devise a plan to foil those of Cavanaugh (if that's how Whitaker's character's name is spelled) maybe by bringing up some dirt from his own past or scheming something to do with Corrine. I still think things are going to get worse with Lem though.

BronxByTheBay
01-18-06, 08:52 AM
Once again, another great episode. What Lem will do now, who knows? I think Vic will devise a plan to foil those of Cavanaugh (if that's how Whitaker's character's name is spelled) maybe by bringing up some dirt from his own past or scheming something to do with Corrine. I still think things are going to get worse with Lem though.

The only thing I didn't get with Lem was the logic involved. So now Vic knows he's working for IA - what in the world will wearing a wire do for him? No way Vic or any of the other guys say or do anything damaging to themselves.

I gotta say that what Cavanaugh is doing with Vic's ex-wife is really dirty pool. Granted, it's probably what Vic would do if he were in IA but it's all kinds of f*cked up.

Oh, and Doomsday ROCKS. I hope he makes a return.

brosiusbuddy
01-18-06, 09:25 AM
The only thing I didn't get with Lem was the logic involved. So now Vic knows he's working for IA - what in the world will wearing a wire do for him? No way Vic or any of the other guys say or do anything damaging to themselves.

I gotta say that what Cavanaugh is doing with Vic's ex-wife is really dirty pool. Granted, it's probably what Vic would do if he were in IA but it's all kinds of f*cked up.

Oh, and Doomsday ROCKS. I hope he makes a return.

Well I think thats exactly why Lem did it. If he's ever put in a situation like that again with a wire, he can ask questions and try to bring up all the dirt he wants and as long as he does that, he's holding up to his end of the deal and if the Strike team guys protect themselves, everyone stays out of trouble.

Doomsday was a badass character but unless he breaks free from that Mexican cop, I don't see a return for him. BTW, Doomsday was played by the guy from the Longest Yard remake. He was the one who liked watching the View and smoked cigarettes under his football helmet.

BronxByTheBay
01-18-06, 09:40 AM
Well I think thats exactly why Lem did it. If he's ever put in a situation like that again with a wire, he can ask questions and try to bring up all the dirt he wants and as long as he does that, he's holding up to his end of the deal and if the Strike team guys protect themselves, everyone stays out of trouble.

That made sense when he initially warned Vic when they were "fighting". Except he left demanding to know the truth and warned vic he'd do what he would have to do to protect himself. He didn't get the truth and stormed off. I don't get what his big plan is now that Vic knows. Of course, Lem always was the dumbest of all the strike team guys.

Doomsday was a badass character but unless he breaks free from that Mexican cop, I don't see a return for him. BTW, Doomsday was played by the guy from the Longest Yard remake. He was the one who liked watching the View and smoked cigarettes under his football helmet.

He's gotta make a return. Things are never that tidy on The Shield. If not this season, I bet next season we'll see a story arc involving this dude.

TinoFan84
01-19-06, 10:10 AM
I know why Lem told Vic, he really didn't think Vic had anything to do with the murder and he wanted to warn him, but now that he knows the truth, I have no idea what he'll do, but I'm sure the writers will come up with something, after all, last year it looked like Shane was headed for big trouble and look where things are with him this year, back to business as usual.

Didn't get to watch Tuesday's episode live, but I watched it last night ... my favorite line was in the very beginning when Vic was introducing himself to Doomsday:

Vic: Doomsday, I'm Armageddon and these are the hounds of hell.
Shane: Ruff

TinoFan84
01-25-06, 09:46 AM
What, did no one watch it last night???? I haven't, taped it because I just knew I was going to fall asleep and I did ... but I was still curious to see what everyone was saying this morning ... I guess the answer is "nothing" ...

BronxByTheBay
01-25-06, 09:48 AM
What, did no one watch it last night???? I haven't, taped it because I just knew I was going to fall asleep and I did ... but I was still curious to see what everyone was saying this morning ... I guess the answer is "nothing" ...

We're only three episodes in, but so far it's been underwhelming. Vic met Kavanough for the first time lats night, so here's hoping things start cranking.

brosiusbuddy
01-25-06, 12:13 PM
Last nights was not as intense as the first two episodes with. Already though, I can tell that this season's storyline is shaping up to be the best one yet. Its not about any schemes or about putting an end to any criminals reign, its all about the strike team. I love it.

Each season there's always an episode or 2 that is quiet in terms of action, but always turns out to be important to the plot. There were a few key things that happened last night. Kavanaugh met Vic, Vic told Lem an excuse about Terry that Lem didnt seem to buy, and Vics wife knows about Kavanaugh... also, Dutch might be gay, lol.

Judging by the previews, next weeks should be intense.

BronxByTheBay
01-25-06, 12:20 PM
also, Dutch might be gay, lol.

The MINUTE they began comparing notes on facial expressions, I knew the show was "going there".

Hey, why not? Dutch seems to be a disaster with women. Of course, this also means Vic will NEVER stop torturing the guy.

DanB
01-31-06, 10:32 PM
Great episode...I think next week will be crazy.

Danny not easing up on officer hottie was cool.

brosiusbuddy
01-31-06, 11:01 PM
Man, what an ending... I think Cavanaugh might be getting a little scared of Vic. I also think he mightdo exactly what hes after Vic for... playing dirty to get his man.

thecaptain
02-07-06, 09:52 PM
excellent. this was excellent.

brosiusbuddy
02-07-06, 10:15 PM
this is hands down the best show on television. the writers are brilliant and there isnt a bad actor on the cast.

JWHIII
02-08-06, 08:14 AM
What a great episode last night. Looks like Kavanaugh is really going to turn up the heat on Vic's ex-wife next week, I wonder if she'll be able to handle it?

brosiusbuddy
02-08-06, 02:40 PM
What a great episode last night. Looks like Kavanaugh is really going to turn up the heat on Vic's ex-wife next week, I wonder if she'll be able to handle it?

Kavanaugh is now fueled by anger and desperation. Mackey made him look like a fool and Cavanaugh knows it was what Vic had in mind the whole time.

JWHIII
02-08-06, 02:47 PM
Kavanaugh is now fueled by anger and desperation. Mackey made him look like a fool and Cavanaugh knows it was what Vic had in mind the whole time.
That was a classic flip out by Kavanaugh after Vic rubbed in out-smarting him when he said, "looks like we'll beat IAD again next year".

I also love how Vic is making Kavanaugh think that Aceveda is working against him. Brillant plan all-around by Mackey.

RSoxHater
02-08-06, 02:53 PM
That was a classic flip out by Kavanaugh after Vic rubbed in out-smarting him when he said, "looks like we'll beat IAD again next year".

I also love how Vic is making Kavanaugh think that Aceveda is working against him. Brillant plan all-around by Mackey.

That last little bit where he squeezed his arm and says "Councilman." Priceless. Making sure that Aceveda had to smile a couple of times was a good touch by the writers/actor, the character realizes the brilliance in the whole process.

TinoFan84
02-10-06, 09:36 AM
I know I'm a bit late but man, whan an episode that was ... I loved it, easily the best so far this year ... I hope Corrinne doesn't say/do something stupid next week.

And on another note, I loved how Vic said to Danny "Do we need to talk?" - so we know he's wondering if it's his kid ... I wonder when we'll find out who the father is? Should be interesting.

brosiusbuddy
02-14-06, 10:13 PM
Forest Whitaker is stealing the show. He's turning in an awesome performance. If he doesn't get a best supporting Emmy then I dont know what, lol.

I wonder if the clock is ticking on Claudette... seems like it.

thecaptain
02-14-06, 10:30 PM
Vic was the Director for this Episode .Shawn Ryan will be working on a new show "The Unit." coming out soon on CBS.

brosiusbuddy
02-14-06, 11:16 PM
Vic was the Director for this Episode .

wow, i didnt know that. i enjoyed this one a lot. next weeks previews look good too, as always.

BronxByTheBay
02-15-06, 09:11 AM
Best episode of the season thus far. Whitaker is off the charts great. Now this is how you use a season-long guest star. It pretty much goes to show how usless Glenn Close's stunt casting was last year.

P.S. I still don't care about Claudette's sickness. I hate it when series try to either kill off or do kill off a regular supporting character via disease.

DontHateOnNumber2
02-15-06, 11:43 AM
I used to love this show, I haven't caught it in a while. Season 5 though? It's been 5 years? Doesn't seem like it...

BronxByTheBay
02-15-06, 01:08 PM
Heeey - I just noticed Officer Hottie was on The Sopranos last season. She was hot then too.

brosiusbuddy
02-21-06, 10:26 PM
my attention has never been so devoted to an episode of a television show as it was tonight. that was intense... vic and the team kicked ass, kavanaugh pressed hard, aceveda is scared ................less, vic and corrine, and then not only did claudette close the case on a guy from seasons past, but is she ok?

JWHIII
02-22-06, 08:04 AM
my attention has never been so devoted to an episode of a television show as it was tonight. that was intense... vic and the team kicked ass, kavanaugh pressed hard, aceveda is scared ................less, vic and corrine, and then not only did claudette close the case on a guy from seasons past, but is she ok?
Is Claudette alive is what I'm wondering?

This show continues to outdo itself, another great episode.

YClipper5
02-22-06, 08:42 AM
Is Claudette alive is what I'm wondering?

This show continues to outdo itself, another great episode.
I think Claudette is dead.

Nice to see Antoine Mitchell making a return next week.

JWHIII
02-22-06, 10:02 AM
I think Claudette is dead.

Nice to see Antoine Mitchell making a return next week.
Antoine is a great character, he's got alot of dirt that could bring the Strike Team and Aceveda down. If Vic can get out of the current mess he's in, he's never going down.

Sultans of Swing
02-22-06, 10:14 AM
The Shield as a whole is such a brilliant series. Everyone take a step back and realize...you're rooting for the guy who killed an innocent cop to protect his dirty habits.

When I first thought about that, I realized just how awesome the series is in general. And I'm still rooting for Vic to stick it to Cavanaugh, regardless. :D

DrNick
02-22-06, 10:22 AM
Another great episode...just give Forest Whitaker an Emmy now. Anybody catch Jimmy Johnson in the holding cell :D kept saying Terry is the one you want

thecaptain
02-22-06, 11:42 AM
Kavanaugh . every time you look he is calling someone into talk to him... guy is around every corner.. last week i thought vic would be going down . Kavanaugh will not rest. http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/main.html ...Whitaker plays the shadow on ‘The Shield’ http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/entertainment/13918830.htm Don’t lay any bets on Kavanaugh’s biting the bullet. He has signed for the first 11 episodes, which run through March 21, and is expected to show up in at least two of the “back 10,” to air early next year.

thecaptain
02-22-06, 11:50 AM
I used to love this show, I haven't caught it in a while. Season 5 though? It's been 5 years? Doesn't seem like it... the only probelm with this show is it shoots just 13 shows. last night was just the show number 61 in the 5 years its been on.. i get the same feeling it does not seem like 5 years .. i am going to miss this show when its done,,. i can wait to see what happen next week...

BronxByTheBay
02-22-06, 02:31 PM
DAMMIT! F*cking FX's loopy start/end times - my DVR's recording was cut off just as Claudette fell down the stairs. Can someone fill me in on what happened afterward?

JWHIII
02-22-06, 02:38 PM
DAMMIT! F*cking FX's loopy start/end times - my DVR's recording was cut off just as Claudette fell down the stairs. Can someone fill me in on what happened afterward?
People rushed to tend to her on the landing, they decided not to move her and wait for the EMT's, Lem made a comment about her neck, like it may have been broken, Dutch sat back on the stairs with a look of shock...credits.

thecaptain
02-22-06, 03:57 PM
DAMMIT! F*cking FX's loopy start/end times - my DVR's recording was cut off just as Claudette fell down the stairs. Can someone fill me in on what happened afterward? it runs over alot. i always add about 6 to 8 minutes on my vcr.. i would record 10 to 12 on your DVR . sometimes its right on time others its over ..i dont know why but i have missed the end of it a few times . i think it replays on friday . as JWHIII posted you didnt miss much

brosiusbuddy
02-28-06, 11:12 PM
once again the greatest show on television has outdone itself. tonight's episode was phenomenal. i think that this episode may rank as the single best one yet, if for no other reason than I've never been so anxious to see the following weeks episode.

vic thought he was setting the team up in a good position by gaining knowledge on kavanaugh's weak spot, but instead it blows up in their faces in a huge, HUGE way

i was literally speechless after this episode

btw, for fans of the shield, whitaker is ruining his career. although he is doing what i didnt think was possible by bringing the show to a new level, i dont think i'll ever be able to watch anything else he does without despising him. he could play santa claus and bring toys to children in a hospital and i would still loathe him. he's a fantastic actor

thecaptain
03-01-06, 08:18 AM
another great show. cant wait for next week... a few twist and turns last night...Forest Whitaker just gets better and better. next week should be good with Lem in jail ..

TinoFan84
03-01-06, 09:34 AM
My only problem with Forrest Whitaker is his eyes ... they creep me out ... and I taped last nights show to watch tonight but I did check this morning to make sure I got it all and it looks like I didn't ... and I taped an extra 5 minutes, too ... damn! If I can't find where it's repeated this week someone may need to share the ending with me, I'll let ya know.

ETA: Nevermind, I see that it re-airs on Fridays at 11 pm ... I have to remember to catch it then ...

thecaptain
03-01-06, 09:49 AM
My only problem with Forrest Whitaker is his eyes ... they creep me out ... and I taped last nights show to watch tonight but I did check this morning to make sure I got it all and it looks like I didn't ... and I taped an extra 5 minutes, too ... damn! If I can't find where it's repeated this week someone may need to share the ending with me, I'll let ya know.

ETA: Nevermind, I see that it re-airs on Fridays at 11 pm ... I have to remember to catch it then ...:ALSO Sun 3/5
10:00 PM The Shield: duration: 67 min

TinoFan84
03-01-06, 12:38 PM
Thanks - and no wonder I came up short if it ran 7 minutes over ...

thecaptain
03-01-06, 01:39 PM
Thanks - and no wonder I came up short if it ran 7 minutes over ... the site i got that from says 65 minutes on friday . 67 on sunday. last night i watched it so i dont recall how much it ran over.. but i have been burned before with this happening .The show Lost does it all the time . i just record a extrra 10 minutes for The Shield.. the good thing is i have 3 VCRs. PS.... the ended was very good.. so you have to watch it... i think i have seen like 8 or 9 minutes extra on The Shield...normally its is around 5 minutes ..

BronxByTheBay
03-01-06, 03:31 PM
This show is KILLING me with the overrun. I missed the last meeting with Antoin - anyone care to fill me in on what was said? (I've had to reset the DVR to run 10 minutes over going forward).

GREAT episode. My jaw was agape from the moment Kavanaugh caught them watching he and his wife. I kept expecting Vic to say something to goad Kavanuagh into hitting him infront of the squad. Absolutely mindblowing TV.

JWHIII
03-01-06, 03:33 PM
This show is KILLING me with the overrun. I missed the last meeting with Antoin - anyone care to fill me in on what was said? (I've had to reset the DVR to run 10 minutes over going forward).

GREAT episode. My jaw was agape from the moment Kavanaugh caught them watching he and his wife. I kept expecting Vic to say something to goad Kavanuagh into hitting him infront of the squad. Absolutely mindblowing TV.
Kavanaugh is now willing to give into Antoines demand that the Strike Team be placed in his cell-block when/if he brings them down. Looks like Lem will be on that block next week.

BronxByTheBay
03-01-06, 03:37 PM
Kavanaugh is now willing to give into Antoines demand that the Strike Team be placed in his cell-block when/if he brings them down. Looks like Lem will be on that block next week.

I KNEW it! Oh that f*cking f*cker. Wow. That's just war...complete f*cking war. Things look bad now, but I'm with Vic - they found his weak spot. Vic will find a way to goad Kavanaugh into doing something really stupid. God help Kavanaugh if anything happens to Lem.

(Could this show be any better?)

JWHIII
03-01-06, 03:48 PM
I KNEW it! Oh that f*cking f*cker. Wow. That's just war...complete f*cking war. Things look bad now, but I'm with Vic - they found his weak spot. Vic will find a way to goad Kavanaugh into doing something really stupid. God help Kavanaugh if anything happens to Lem.

Every week I think the show couldn't possibly be any better, but then it takes it up another notch. I pity those who don't watch it. :D

I hope Lem doesn't get a shiv in the back or something, if there is one truly good guy on the show it's him. I can't wait to see how Vic exploits Kavanaugh using the nutjob ex.

brosiusbuddy
03-01-06, 04:13 PM

On the previews for next week you see Vic talking to Cavanaugh saying "You dont have the stomach to put Lem in there with that cop killer," to which Cavanaugh replies "I didn't used to." The next thing you see is Lem in his orange jump suit being brought into the jail.

Also, I read a synopsis of next weeks episode on fxnetworks.com and it says something along the lines of 'Vic sets up protection from Antwoin for Lem, but when his plan goes awry Vic goes to extreme measures to keep Lem out of harms way"

DanB
03-01-06, 06:11 PM
Kavanaugh needs to die. He's willing to send a good cop WHO SAVED HIS LIFE to his death by sending him to jail with a cop killer just because they have some embarrassing information about him with his handicapped ex. He should die with Vic's foot on his throat.

pedromartinezfan
03-02-06, 11:42 AM
That episode was amazing. Whitaker is ballsy.

thecaptain
03-02-06, 01:33 PM
duration: 65 min thats the time i see for this coming week. i know i will be working . so i usually record the 11pm show . 11 to like 12.06.... but i am going to do 10 minutes extra all the time... most of the time you dont miss much if you miss the last few miuntes... this week was you missed alot.... on a side note >>>Till this day the BEST FIGHT SCENE i ever saw on tv was between Tavon and Shane . i think it was season 3... brutal. i felt the blows . that scene always comes to mind when i watch this show... :)

thecaptain
03-07-06, 12:50 PM
The Unit is on CBS at 9 pm tonight its from The Shield" collaborators David Mamet and Shawn Ryan .............................................. tonight show The Shield is at least 64 minutes ...

TheMick@ND
03-07-06, 06:02 PM
I've been waiting all day for tonights episode, I've been getting fired up every time I see the commercial.

Vic: You don't have the stomach to serve Lem up to a cop killer
Kavanaugh: I didn't used to

Gonna be awesome.

TheMick@ND
03-08-06, 12:30 AM
Relatively uneventful episode but the preview for the rest of the season looked awesome. Can't wait for more Antwon.

DrNick
03-08-06, 05:30 AM
Yea kinda a tame episode compared to the lasfew..but the upcoming just look sick

TinoFan84
03-08-06, 09:34 AM
Tried to stay up to watch last night but fell asleep ... luckily I taped it and ran it 10 minutes over so I know I got it all ... I even double checked this morning. Will probably watch it tonight.

brosiusbuddy
03-08-06, 09:41 AM
Yea kinda a tame episode compared to the lasfew..but the upcoming just look sick

Calm before the storm. Last nights laid the groundwork for what will be an amazing finish.

BTW, there's only 2 episodes left, but if im not mistaken i thought there were 21 this season? If im mistaken i will be very depressed.

BronxByTheBay
03-08-06, 11:09 AM
Calm before the storm. Last nights laid the groundwork for what will be an amazing finish.

BTW, there's only 2 episodes left, but if im not mistaken i thought there were 21 this season? If im mistaken i will be very depressed.

You're obviously mistaken because the promo for next week stated "THERE'S ONLY ONE MORE EPISODE BEFORE THE SEASON FINALE!". It's all good. I don't need more episodes as long as what they give us kicks ass, and this season has done just that.

On another note, Whittaker is still awesome. The guy does more with facial expression than most actors do with dialogue. Also, is it me or is Vic's attorney kinda hot?

thecaptain
03-08-06, 12:16 PM

BTW, there's only 2 episodes left, but if im not mistaken i thought there were 21 this season? If im mistaken i will be very depressed.This was from a while ago ...............................
Leading off things in January will be the fifth season premiere of "The Shield." The series is expected to run for 11 episodes, after which it will take a break until either the fall or next January (depending upon how season three of "Rescue Me" and presumably the fourth season of "Nip/Tuck" are scheduled) when the latter half of its 21-episode season will air.,,,( They order 8 more show from 13 to 21) http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=91796&highlight=Shield%3A

thecaptain
03-08-06, 12:28 PM
Every time Vic is up against the wall he pulls a rabbit out of his hat .. I thought he would go down a week or two ago. .. Now I am not sure.. The season as I have said is just too short for this show.. 10 shows 11 shows 13 shows.. I wish it was a 20 plus show season… the final for this season looks like it should be pretty good, But every show is so good I ask how are they going to top it.. I think maybe Vic will join up with Aceveda to get rid of .. Lieutenant Cavanaugh . But I have not clue what’s going to happen . Just that Vic has a lot of rabbits …..

thecaptain
03-14-06, 01:29 PM
i just read some of the things that are going to happen............... looks like a action pack 2 more shows...

TinoFan84
03-14-06, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna do my best to actually watch it tonight since there are only two left ... I'm a little worried about Vic since he told the lawyer that if she had to choose, go with Lem as long as it was just him that went down and not the team ... but as someone said, he usually does manage to pull a rabbit out of his hat ... but even that probably has to end sometime.

God, I love this show!

thecaptain
03-14-06, 04:40 PM
God, I love this show! ME 2 .. 67 minutes is the time i see for tonight... Next week looks like a 90 minute show.

thecaptain
03-14-06, 09:40 PM
Kavanaugh is really going to be pissed off now... i think he is about to blow up.

TheMick@ND
03-14-06, 10:05 PM
Uhhh, I'm in awe right now, TV shows just don't get better. Those shots at the end were awesome, great song choice, just amazing

chanman7483
03-14-06, 10:24 PM
Are all the seasons as good as this season? I have season 1 in my Netflix coming up soon...

brosiusbuddy
03-14-06, 11:14 PM
Are all the seasons as good as this season? I have season 1 in my Netflix coming up soon...

After watching each season, I never thought the next one would top it, but I've been wrong each time... unfortunately I dont think this season can be topped and hate to say I think it might be the last. What an awesome show. Best entertainment television has to offer. And its definitely better than any movie can give you.

YClipper5
03-15-06, 08:25 AM
After watching each season, I never thought the next one would top it, but I've been wrong each time... unfortunately I dont think this season can be topped and hate to say I think it might be the last. What an awesome show. Best entertainment television has to offer. And its definitely better than any movie can give you.
Exactly right. This is the best show on television.

5OClockLighting
03-15-06, 08:40 AM
1&2 are, 3&4 kinda drop off, but still good.

TinoFan84
03-15-06, 09:08 AM
Wow, Mackey and the Kavanaugh's loopy ex-wife? That was priceless ... I can't believe Lem is gonna run, and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

So does 90 minutes mean 90 minutes or does it mean, like 96 minutes??? :lol:

thecaptain
03-15-06, 09:12 AM
Are all the seasons as good as this season? I have season 1 in my Netflix coming up soon...i am like brosiusbuddy i think it cant get any better and it does at least from my eyes. i have completely forgot that Glenn Close was on the show last year.Forest Whitaker has put on some show this year.. i dont know if i have seen one better....

thecaptain
03-15-06, 09:13 AM
Wow, Mackey and the Kavanaugh's loopy ex-wife? That was priceless ... I can't believe Lem is gonna run, and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

So does 90 minutes mean 90 minutes or does it mean, like 96 minutes??? :lol:i will have to update you on that but i would set the vcr for 100 at least.. :D 1 thing i know is we find out who the father of the baby is..

brosiusbuddy
03-15-06, 11:04 AM
Out of curiosity, did anyone catch why there were protestors flooding the streets outside the bar? That was bit odd... I must've missed something.

"We've got dick. Which is more than I can say for the victim right now." - Dutch

lol

thecaptain
03-15-06, 03:56 PM
SPIKETV is showing season 1 ................................ the first 3 Episodes from season 1 are on tonight from 9 to 12 starting with the Pilot ,, then 3 more on thursday and friday . with 4 on sunday .. :)

Mezmerize
03-15-06, 04:53 PM
Out of curiosity, did anyone catch why there were protestors flooding the streets outside the bar? That was bit odd... I must've missed something.

"We've got dick. Which is more than I can say for the victim right now." - Dutch

lol

Check out fx's website. They explained it on there how it was actually a real protest and they worked it into the scene. Not sure what it was about though.

Last night was awesome. Antwaan Mitchell is one bad ass mofo. And I find it hilarious that Anthony Anderson is so good at being such a pr*ck. What happened to the guy from Kangaroo Jack? :)

Captain Wyms eh? This could get VERY interesting.... Claudette is more on the straight and narrow than Cavanaugh. Oh and because Lem ran away, his deal is kaput. The resolution to that should be an entertaining hour and a half. Enjoy bitches! :D

BronxByTheBay
03-15-06, 05:12 PM
Absolutely amazing episode. I was grinning like a fiend along with Vic when Kavanaugh's wife came on to him. I would call this the best season of the series so far, and that's high praise.

Now having said that I just want to offer something in regards to the previews for next week:

If Vic's wife sleeps with Kavanaugh, I will lose a lot of respect for the writers. There is no way she would do it. No way. Nothing about her character hinted at even a small attraction towards Kavanugh, especially once she found out he lied about having a kid with autism.

DrNick
03-15-06, 05:45 PM
I agree totally about Vic's wife and Kavanaugh. And when Vic told Kavanaugh his wifes pussy taste like butter..I was like he did not just say that. :lol:

BronxByTheBay
03-15-06, 05:48 PM
I agree totally about Vic's wife and Kavanaugh. And when Vic told Kavanaugh his wifes pussy taste like butter..I was like he did not just say that. :lol:

The "theme song" they've been running over commercials this season began running through my head "I'm a bad man...a bad bad man".

Mezmerize
03-15-06, 08:16 PM

Did anyone else notice something... different about Vic's voice when he said this line? It sounded, on my feed at least, like it was slowed down... ya know... to add effect? I'm not sure, but I thought I could discern some difference. Anyone out there still have it recorded and check this out? I'd appreciate it! :D

brosiusbuddy
03-15-06, 09:46 PM
If Vic's wife sleeps with Kavanaugh, I will lose a lot of respect for the writers. There is no way she would do it. No way. Nothing about her character hinted at even a small attraction towards Kavanugh, especially once she found out he lied about having a kid with autism.

I just watched next weeks preview again, and if you look closely, Kavanaugh gets real close to Corrine and she looks pretty scared, then she's turned around while he has her hands on her. Add that to the fact that Vic slams Kavanaugh into a car window later in the preview and you might deduce that Kavanaugh assaults her.

I don't think she'd sleep with him.

BronxByTheBay
03-15-06, 10:01 PM
I just watched next weeks preview again, and if you look closely, Kavanaugh gets real close to Corrine and she looks pretty scared, then she's turned around while he has her hands on her. Add that to the fact that Vic slams Kavanaugh into a car window later in the preview and you might deduce that Kavanaugh assaults her.

I don't think she'd sleep with him.

I was thinking that or more precisely...umm...how to say this...well, for LACK of a better term "hoping" that's the case. No, I don't want to see any woman assualted, but it would make more sense than her willingly sleeping with him.

Kavanaugh is clearly unhinged enough to try it but I wonder if the purpose is both payback for Vic sleeping with his wife AND to try and get Vic to do something that could land him in prison. Kavanaugh isn't crazy enough to pull the trigger himself, but he clearly would love to get Vic to a place where Antoin Mitchell can get at him.

brosiusbuddy
03-16-06, 01:39 AM
Uhhh, I'm in awe right now, TV shows just don't get better. Those shots at the end were awesome, great song choice, just amazing

Whats the title of that song? I know its the Smashing Pumpkins, just dont know the name of the song

BronxByTheBay
03-16-06, 08:27 AM
Whats the title of that song? I know its the Smashing Pumpkins, just dont know the name of the song

Disarm.

boo_427
03-16-06, 10:37 AM
"He made me cum.... twice." :lol:

Lem taking one for the team. Amazing how this show has you rooting for Vic and crew even though they will do anything at anytime for their personal advantage.

Finale is 90 minutes? Does anyone think this it it?

thecaptain
03-16-06, 10:49 AM
"He made me cum.... twice." :lol:

Lem taking one for the team. Amazing how this show has you rooting for Vic and crew even though they will do anything at anytime for their personal advantage.

Finale is 90 minutes? Does anyone think this it it?there are 10 more shows for next season . then i think it will be done...i hope they might increase it to 13..

BronxByTheBay
03-16-06, 11:06 AM
there are 10 more shows for next season . then i think it will be done...i hope they might increase it to 13..

Only 10? It wouldn't surprise me if next year is the series finale. I mean, what else is there left to do? You cannot improve in this season's IAD investigation. Vic is either going to go straight or remain corrupt, but either way there really aren't any stories left to tell. The Shield isn't a procedural or an NYPD Blues type show, so to make the series ongoing just for the sake of it would rob it of it's uniqueness.

thecaptain
03-16-06, 12:23 PM
they shot 21 shows . this season is really a 21 episode season but they are only showing us 11..

JWHIII
03-16-06, 12:59 PM
A couple of days late, but I just wanted say what a great episode that was. Can't what for the finale, but it sucks it has to end for now.

thecaptain
03-21-06, 09:44 AM

So does 90 minutes mean 90 minutes or does it mean, like 96 minutes??? :lol:duration: 95 min i would go with 100 :D

JWHIII
03-21-06, 02:07 PM
So tonight should be pretty cool.

Any predictions on what will happen?

BronxByTheBay
03-21-06, 02:20 PM
So tonight should be pretty cool.

Any predictions on what will happen?

Yup - it's going to be the best f*cking show we see all year.

boo_427
03-21-06, 02:25 PM
Kavanaugh has 48 hours to finish it up! :eek:

TinoFan84
03-21-06, 02:34 PM
duration: 95 min i would go with 100 :D

Thanks for the info ... and I think you're right, I'll add at least 5 minutes to the 95 ... I'd really like to stay up and watch it but not sure I can last that long ...

Have I mentioned that I love this show?!

thecaptain
03-21-06, 10:22 PM
WOW I didnt see that coming :(

Sultans of Swing
03-21-06, 10:51 PM
WOW I didnt see that coming :(

Yeah...I'm sort of sick to my stomach. What a show, though, what an ending, for better or worse. :(

And to think, now those sick bastards make us wait a year to see how it ALL winds up for good. ::sigh::

brosiusbuddy
03-21-06, 10:56 PM
my god.... that was the most startling, unexpected, gutwrenching thing i've ever seen on any screen at any time. my heart was in my throat. i've never felt so emotional (mostly stunned, then enraged) about a show ever in my life. that was incredible... i cant believe that..

F*CK SHANE!!!!

DanB
03-21-06, 11:39 PM
aww c'mon...not unexpected...at least not once the conversation got started. You could see it in Shane's eyes the whole time...he knew what he had to do, but he didn't want to. I found myself muttering...oh my god he's gonna kill him over and over, and it still made me get up and pace around my living room. Crazy.

brosiusbuddy
03-21-06, 11:45 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!! If you havent watched the season finale, then DO NOT READ THIS!!!

here it is... after some deep thinking about the shield, i give you my predictions for the conclusion to the series

Vic, Shane and Ronnie stood the most to gain from Lem's death. Everyone knows that and will likely suspect them to be the killer(s). The lawyer, who now despises Vic, will give up the info Lem told her about the money train and with all the manpower put into the investigation against them, they will be found out for all of their wrong doings. Now, Ronnie's character is too simple and doesn't have enough blood on his hands to deserve a bad fate, so the getaway designed for Lem to Mexico will be taken by him. Vic however will realize his wrongdoings and take his punishment and Shane will have no where to hide and also face punishment. They will both be imprisoned for all their ................. Vic, though, will surely discover Shane killed Lem and not stand in the way of Antoine Mitchells thugs who will kill Shane in prison... I still cant think of a fate clever enough for Vic though.

BTW, I also think that Lem might be the father of Danny's baby. Think about the scene where Vic is holding the boy and the conversation they had. Lem could fit the part about not telling the baby until he was old enough. I just think it would be too uncreative for such good writers to have a season long sub-story going to have it end with something so predictable as being Vics kid.

brosiusbuddy
03-21-06, 11:47 PM
aww c'mon...not unexpected...at least not once the conversation got started. You could see it in Shane's eyes the whole time...he knew what he had to do, but he didn't want to. I found myself muttering...oh my god he's gonna kill him over and over, and it still made me get up and pace around my living room. Crazy.

I didn't expect Shane to get it done. Once he started going with the bit about family, i started to sense, but i figured vic would pull up in time. I mean think about it, did you really think lem would be DEAD?

YClipper5
03-22-06, 06:42 AM
It was the first time in the entire run of the series that I uttered the words "I hope they get caught!"

YClipper5
03-22-06, 06:44 AM
=brosiusbuddy
BTW, I also think that Lem might be the father of Danny's baby. Think about the scene where Vic is holding the boy and the conversation they had. Lem could fit the part about not telling the baby until he was old enough. I just think it would be too uncreative for such good writers to have a season long sub-story going to have it end with something so predictable as being Vics kid.
Although, the preview on DirectTV last night said, "Danni confronts the father of her baby." That would lead me to believe its Vic.

brosiusbuddy
03-22-06, 08:02 AM
Although, the preview on DirectTV last night said, "Danni confronts the father of her baby." That would lead me to believe its Vic.

There was also a preview that said Vic helps Lem flee to Mexico....

BronxByTheBay
03-22-06, 09:18 AM
First, I agree with everyone's reaction to Shane's decision. Like Dan I found myself muttering "Don't f*cking do it..you just don't f*cking do that.". Shane always was an asshole. Unlike the other guys, there isn't even a hint of a decent human being underneath all the crap. The sequence was gut-wrenching and I was wrecked when Lem was dying. The look on his face. The idea that his last thought was that he was betrayed by the people he was going to go do prison for. More importantly, as he called them, his family.

Having said that, I gotta say last night's episode was very underwhelming for me. It feels like the writers made us go through this entire, very extraordinary season just to set up a storyline for next season. Other than the Shane/Lem sequence, the entire thing felt more like a middle-of-the-season episode than the finale. There was no real payoff between Mackey and Kavanaugh. Rolling around with each other in the dirt doesn't count. If the plan is to bring Whittaker back next year, fine. If not, then holy sh*t did they waste a brilliant supporting character.

A few points...

I disagree with the poster that suggested Danni's kid was Lem's. I think that scene made it very clear it was Vic's.

Dutch using "pimpology" on Officer Hottie was priceless and creepy. The guy really is a lunatic. Which brings to mind something that happened a couple of seasons ago - remember when he strangled the cat to see what it felt like to kill something? I wonder why they never picked that up again.

I think Wyms is going to make for a boring captain, but it's pretty much the only direction the writers could go in with her other than killing her off, which would have been lame.

I already miss this season.

brosiusbuddy
03-22-06, 09:23 AM
Having said that, I gotta say last night's episode was very underwhelming for me. It feels like the writers made us go through this entire, very extraordinary season just to set up a storyline for next season... Rolling around with each other in the dirt doesn't count. If the plan is to bring Whittaker back next year, fine. If not, then holy sh*t did they waste a brilliant supporting character.

I disagree with the poster that suggested Danni's kid was Lem's. I think that scene made it very clear it was Vic's.

I cant see how you think it was underwhelming. It was brilliant. If you really feel like nothing was concluded, well all I can say is that next season will be different from others because its a continuation of this one.... the episodes were all done together.

It would be too plain and simple for these brilliant writers to have the kid be Vics

BronxByTheBay
03-22-06, 09:31 AM
I cant see how you think it was underwhelming. It was brilliant. If you really feel like nothing was concluded, well all I can say is that next season will be different from others because its a continuation of this one.... the episodes were all done together.

It wasn't as wrenching as the last half of the season. There were no jaw-dropping moments. It wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. It just didn't jump over the bar everything before it had set.

It would be too plain and simple for these brilliant writers to have the kid be Vics

I disagree. It may not be exotic, but it's obvious and makes complete sense that the kid is Vic's. We know he and Danni have been on and off for a few years. Unless I'm not remember something, did Danni and Lem ever hook up? If not, then THAT would be lame to make Lem the kid's father. It would be out of leftfield for the sake of it, and that's not how the writers have done things, to the show's credit. One of the reasons this may be the best series on TV is that it's shocking, but the jaw-dropping stuff is grounded in logic and reality.

YClipper5
03-22-06, 01:45 PM
I agree. I thought it was clear as well that the kid was Vic's.

thecaptain
03-22-06, 02:30 PM
"We're gonna find out who did this and we're gonna kill 'um" . I wonder how the show going from 13 to 21 shows change the plot etc………… We would have had 2 more shows till the end ...... Lem would have never gave the team up . He heard a kid crying and went to help starting the ball rolling .. Shane Shane Shane you knew he was thinking about killing Lem when they were in the garage . But at anytime up till that point I would have though Lem would have got off to Mexico or killed himself … I think its Vic’s kid also .. . Whitaker is expected to show up in at least two of the “back 10,” to air early next year. SPIKETV will be showing the pilot again on Sunday at 12 midnight ..

BronxByTheBay
03-22-06, 02:46 PM
I will say I'm looking forward to Shane getting what's coming to him next season. The guy really is a piece of sh*t. Of course, this does have interesting moral implications for Vic because he took out Terry Crawley for the same reason Shane took out Lem. At the end of the day, all of this really is on Vic.

I love the character, but the series really does need to end with him in prison. It's what he deserves.

brosiusbuddy
03-22-06, 03:23 PM
I will say I'm looking forward to Shane getting what's coming to him next season. The guy really is a piece of sh*t. Of course, this does have interesting moral implications for Vic because he took out Terry Crawley for the same reason Shane took out Lem. At the end of the day, all of this really is on Vic.

I love the character, but the series really does need to end with him in prison. It's what he deserves.

Vic killing Terry doesn't equate to Shane killing Lem.

Terry took the job and it was his intent to bring down the strike team. Lem was a victim even before he was killed and his only intentions were to protect his team

RSoxHater
03-22-06, 05:14 PM

Which of course was the whole point of the Shane and Vic conversation about Crawley. I figured Lem was going to die a couple episodes ago when it became clear that there was not going to be a Lupus related death. The article on the 24 thread said a major cast member was going to bite it on the Shield and the only logical one would have been Lem.

Shane overacting on his concerns for Lem in the beginning of the episode seemed to me like he was insulating himself both from the guilt of what he was going to do and covering it up with the team. Ugh, Shane is always the human garbage of the equation, but they all take their lead from Vic.

BronxByTheBay
03-22-06, 05:52 PM
Which of course was the whole point of the Shane and Vic conversation about Crawley. I figured Lem was going to die a couple episodes ago when it became clear that there was not going to be a Lupus related death. The article on the 24 thread said a major cast member was going to bite it on the Shield and the only logical one would have been Lem.

Shane overacting on his concerns for Lem in the beginning of the episode seemed to me like he was insulating himself both from the guilt of what he was going to do and covering it up with the team. Ugh, Shane is always the human garbage of the equation, but they all take their lead from Vic.

I think the point of this season was pretty much to illustrate just how evil Vic and the strike team have been. When Lem is running down his sins to the lawyer he catches himself...almost in a moment of "WOW...we really are f*cked up".

I still love the characters, but after last night's show I can't help but see them in a different light. Not that I thought they were "good" guys prior, but my sympathies have been diluted.

Vic killing Terry doesn't equate to Shane killing Lem.

Terry took the job and it was his intent to bring down the strike team. Lem was a victim even before he was killed and his only intentions were to protect his team

Vic and Shane decided to kill Crawley in order to protect the team. Shane killed Lem for precisely the same reason. It's the same logic. Shane, acting on the misinformation from Alvarez, thought Lem had turned - which means as far as Shane knows Lem's intention is now to take down the team. And I hate to break it to you, but I don't know that Vic wouldn't have done the same thing if he thought Lem was turning on them. Of course he'd probably never believe Lem would turn, but if he were given proof? I do believe he'd kill him.

Let's not gloss over the fact that Vic and Shane are cop killers. The more I think about it, the more I think this was the point the writers were trying to drive home.

Sultans of Swing
03-22-06, 06:01 PM
Let's not gloss over the fact that Vic and Shane are cop killers. The more I think about it, the more I think this was the point the writers were trying to drive home.

And that's the brilliance of the writing. The writers built it up so well, had us rooting for cop killers. And now they yank the curtain down, really make the point hit home, and say, "You still rooting for them now?"

TinoFan84
03-22-06, 09:04 PM
It took me all day to get in here - all I can say is, that even though I saw it coming about halfway through the episode, I kept hoping I was wrong and was still surprised and shocked - but kudos to the writers for doing this ... I can't wait to see where we go from here!

BronxByTheBay
03-22-06, 09:08 PM
And that's the brilliance of the writing. The writers built it up so well, had us rooting for cop killers. And now they yank the curtain down, really make the point hit home, and say, "You still rooting for them now?"

I got the same feeling. In fact, I'd be curious to watch the entire season again with the mindset I have towards Vic and the gang. Something tells me Kavanaugh comes across as a bigger hero than originally thought. Well...maybe not. The bit with Corin (pretending to have an autistic child and the attempted seduction) and trying to get Lem killed still mark him as a not-so-good-guy.

brosiusbuddy
03-22-06, 10:01 PM
I

And I hate to break it to you, but I don't know that Vic wouldn't have done the same thing if he thought Lem was turning on them. Of course he'd probably never believe Lem would turn, but if he were given proof? I do believe he'd kill him.

Vic wouldn't have killed Lem under any circumstances. Remember when Gilroy turned on Vic and wore a wire... Vic didn't kill him and he was no where near the friend that Lem was. Vic would have forced Lem into a similar situation.

thecaptain
03-22-06, 10:07 PM
The long hiatus is necessary because FX did not order additional episodes until it was too late to produce them continuously following the first 11.

The new episodes are just now beginning to be written by executive producer Shawn Ryan and his team. After the episodes are produced, Ryan, Chiklis and FX brass face a decision on whether to continue for a sixth season.

With 2.7 million viewers per episode this season, "The Shield" is still a bona fide hit for FX, even though that average is down from the 3.2 million viewers the show averaged last season, when Glenn Close had a recurring role.

The decision to continue depends greatly on where the producers take the show's storylines in the next 10 episodes.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03212006/entertainment/61318.htm

TinoFan84
03-23-06, 01:07 PM
I wondered why they split the season the way they did, but now it makes more sense ... and I have no idea where they'll take the next 10 episodes, but I know this much, I'll be watching and if they decide to continue for a 6th season, I'll be watching that too!

BronxByTheBay
03-23-06, 04:04 PM
The long hiatus is necessary because FX did not order additional episodes until it was too late to produce them continuously following the first 11.

The new episodes are just now beginning to be written by executive producer Shawn Ryan and his team. After the episodes are produced, Ryan, Chiklis and FX brass face a decision on whether to continue for a sixth season.

With 2.7 million viewers per episode this season, "The Shield" is still a bona fide hit for FX, even though that average is down from the 3.2 million viewers the show averaged last season, when Glenn Close had a recurring role.

The decision to continue depends greatly on where the producers take the show's storylines in the next 10 episodes.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03212006/entertainment/61318.htm

Ohhh...I didn't realize it was a split-season. THAT'S why Tuesday's ep didn't feel so "final". Okay, I'm down.

Vic wouldn't have killed Lem under any circumstances. Remember when Gilroy turned on Vic and wore a wire... Vic didn't kill him and he was no where near the friend that Lem was. Vic would have forced Lem into a similar situation.

I don't remember Gilroy, no. And I don't know if Gilroy had as much on Vic that Lem did. In any event, my point about Shane's actions being the same as what Vic did with Crawley stand. Shane thought Lem was about to take everyone down, so he did what he thought he had to in order to protect the team.

Again: these guys are cop killers. In fact, if he needed to, Vic would have certainly killed the informant with the autistic child. The whole point of this season is bringing all of Vic's chickens home to roost. He is a murderer and a criminal and it's all catching up to him.

pedromartinezfan
03-23-06, 04:51 PM
This season (or 1/2 season) was amazing. This quote goes down as one of the best of the series, if not the best:

"People got killed. Open your eyes to who we are." These are my favorite quotes from all 5 seasons.

Season 1
Vic: Good cop and bad cap left for the day. I'm a different kind of cop.

Claudette: Right now Vic Mackey may look like a mighty big catch to you. Do the smart thing, son. Cut bait.
Acaveda: It doesn't bother you, the things he does?
Claudette: I don't judge other cops.
Acaveda: Mackey's not a cop, he's Al Capone with a badge.
Claudette: Al Capone made money by giving the people what they wanted. What people want these days is to make it to their cars without getting mugged. Come home from work and see their stereo is still there. Hear about some murder in the barrio, find out the next day the police caught the guy. If having all those things means some cop roughed up some spic or some nigger in the ghetto... well, as far as most people are concerned it's don't ask, don't tell.

Vic (to Acaveda): Maybe in your own mind amigo. But around here, I don't answer to you, not now, not even on Cinco De Mayo.

Vic: Christ, what's the matter with you?
Shane: What? The guy resisted.
Vic: Resisted what? I asked you to babysit him.
Shane: Well someone needs to teach him a lesson.
Vic: By doing what, executing him?
Shane: Well, why not? Isn't that what we do now?
Vic: I told you. That's over.
Shane: We killed...a cop.
Vic: Lem and Ronnie failed to clear the room and Two-Time killed Terry. Get over it, and don't bring it up again.

Season 2
Laney: This is a Federal case. They had every right to now.
Vic: They blew our cover at entry, put each one of my mine in extreme danger you sactimonious little bitch.
Laney: I'll be sure to include that quote in my report.
Vic: Include whatever you'd like. And tell those amateurs you've got following me they might as well take the rest of the day off![/b]

Vic: I've got a team member in the burn ward, the guy who did it out on the streets, and you think now is a good to screw with my family
Claudette: I think Armadilla went to your house looking for you Vic. Your lucky your wife and kids didn't end up in the burn ward with him.
Vic: My family's off limits.
Claudette: You tell that to Armadillo.
Vic: I'M TELLING YOU!

Season 3
Dutch: Vic knew the name of the bar that O'Brein says he found the marked money in. You and I were the only ones who saw the case file.
Acaveda: You think Vic is involved?
Dutch: Here's a guy who can overturn the Armenian mob in a week, but hasn't been able to find anything on the money train in three monts? If he's that good, how does a multi-million dollar laundering ring get ripped off in his backyard without him knowing anything about it?

Shane: Neil O'Brien? Whose he? He's on treasury's radar?
Vic: He is as soon as he puts some of our marked money in the system.

Lem:They killed these Armenians looking for our money train cash.
Ronnie: What happens when they start running out of feet and realize it was an outside job?
Vic: There's only four people who know we took that money and they're all sitting right here. Stick to the plan.

Vic (watching the Feds tell Diagrs guy the money is marked): Holy ................, our money's marked?

Vic: We can't spend a dime until we find out which bills are marked.

[i]The Strike Team overhears Dutch talking about how O'Brien went missing. They go missing and find him feetless and his body is in a pool of

Shane: Hey Vic!
Vic: Oh for Christ's sake
Lem: It's O'Brien.
Vic: Aw!
Lem: They burned him and dumped him in turpentine.
Ronnie: Jesus. How long do you think they tortured him?
Lem: He couldn't tell them anything if he didn't even know what he was doing in the middle of this! God damn it!
Vic: Listen, listen to me!
Lem: ................!
Vic: Dutch could be here any minute. We gotta make O'Brien disappear.
Lem: What?
Vic: He's gotta stay a fugitive. If he's dead, Dutch, Treasury, they'll turn over every rock. Eventually, we'll be under one of them. He's their prime suspect! If he's alive...and missing, he stays that way!

And, of course, the final standoff in the Season 3 finale.

You can find so many amazing quotes just watching the "Previously on the Shield" part of episodes.

brosiusbuddy
03-23-06, 06:33 PM
I don't remember Gilroy, no. And I don't know if Gilroy had as much on Vic that Lem did. .

Gilroy was in the first few seasons. He was the former Assistant Chief and a good friend of Vic's. Gilroy gave Vic the breathing room needed to operate in the manner that he does by pulling favors and covering his ass for the Chief. Gilroy got him the job as head of the strike team in the very beginning.

Gilroy got into some ................ with some real estate fraud as well as a hit and run homicide and Vic helped him cover it all up. Eventually Gilroy was found out and taken into custody. He fled and saught help from Vic, but Vic soon realized that he was wearing a wire and was actually with Vic to get info to bring him down. Gilroy tried bringing up some dirt on Vic to be recorded and if you add that to Vic being an accessory to Gilroy's crimes as well as aiding and abedding a fugitive, Vic would have gone down big time.

He could have easily killed Gilroy but instead, with their past friendship in mind, assisted in getting him safe passage to Mexico. Even later, when Gilroy turned up dead apparently from drinking himself to death, Vic made it a point to request that the Strike team, who despised Gilroy, attend his funeral out of respect.

BTW, the whole time this was going on, Shane insisted they kill Gilroy but Vic's cool head prevailed.

pedromartinezfan
03-23-06, 07:40 PM
Vic even put a gun to his head but ending up belting him with it.

pedromartinezfan
03-23-06, 07:50 PM
BBTB, Ben Gilroy was the Assistant Chief of police. He gave Vic and Shane the Strike Team and they brought Lem and Ronnie in. Gilroy was the one who told Vic that Acaveda put Terry on the Strike Team to rat on them. Gilroy put 2 and 2 together and always knew that Vic killed Terry. He told Vic he wasn't covering for his ass from that point on.

He was then involved in a scandal with his mistress that took police resources away from certain areas to that land value would crash and he could buy real estate. Once value rose again Gilroy would cash in. Vic found this out after the Season 1 riots and dropped the famous quote, "You've been manipulating police resources in this area to crash land value?" Vic was going to turn him in until he was going to give Vic a cut of the real estate cash.

Once Gilroy started messing with his family, Vic and Shane found Gilroy. Vic pulled a gun on Gilroy but started to remember all they went through. He then said Shane was going to kill him, but Vic continued with it. He held the gun to Gilroy's head but couldn't pull the trigger. Instead, he belted him accross the head with the gun and brought him in. In Season 2, Gilroy came back late in the season. He went to Vic's house and Corrine called Vic. Vic showed up and asked him what the hell he was doing there and he told Vic he'd gone fugitive.

The thing is, Gilroy didn't go fugitive. He was wearing a wire and was ready to turn Vic in. He was trying to have him get Gilroy to Mexico but found the wire. Gilroy broke down crying and Vic told Gilroy to give him money for a "Coyote" who was going to get him across the border. What Gilroy didn't know that he actually paid Vic to put a hit out on himself. He then had a coyote get Gilroy to Mexico. Gilroy then told Vic, "Don't end up like me, getting too greedy." This basically foreshadowed Season 3 with the Money Train.

Gilroy was brought back to America in a body bag and Vic had to ID him.

JWHIII
03-23-06, 08:16 PM
It sucks we all have to wait so long for more episodes.

That was a pretty powerful scene when when Lem got killed, I can still hear his voice saying "Shane" just before it went off. :(

TV shouldn't upset me this much...but I love it.

brosiusbuddy
03-23-06, 10:10 PM
What Gilroy didn't know that he actually paid Vic to put a hit out on himself.

Gilroy was brought back to America in a body bag and Vic had to ID him.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't so simple. Wasn't there some trigger for the hit? I remember Vic telling him he'd paid for his own hit, but I thought there was more to it than that. If Gilroy were to do something, he'd be killed?

Help me out on this, now I'm confused and don't feel like searching through the DVDs

thecaptain
03-23-06, 10:42 PM
sorry i dont remember what happen . John Diehl was the guy

Examiner: Federalies found him with a bunch of fake Mexican ID's and an expired California driver's license. (Lifts sheet) Benjamin Wescotton Gilroy?
Vic: .................
Examiner: That a positive ID?
Vic: How did he die?
Examiner: Take your pic. Sclerosis, malnutrition, official cause was suffocation. Aspirated on his own vomit. Vic: Christ, this guy was the Assistant Police Chief? What happened? Examiner: Take your pic

pedromartinezfan
03-24-06, 06:33 AM
If I remember correctly, it wasn't so simple. Wasn't there some trigger for the hit? I remember Vic telling him he'd paid for his own hit, but I thought there was more to it than that. If Gilroy were to do something, he'd be killed?

Help me out on this, now I'm confused and don't feel like searching through the DVDsGilroy goes wrong and Vic calls the hitman, which Gilroy paid for, and the hitman kills Gilroy.

JeanC
03-24-06, 11:52 PM
We tvo'd it & we watched the season finale tonight or as some of you call it "episode 11". :eek: Oh my goodness! I kept wanting hubby to speed it up thru some of the slow parts just to get to the end because I could feel something was bound to happen! :eek: From reading your reactions earlier this week I knew something was going too & from the preview! I was surprised that it was
one & not both but then Shane was gonna be a new papa again or so he said..but he was sure draging it out thats when I thought they would have shot each other you just didnt know what was gonna happen......! Yeah This Was The Best of this Season ....only one thing why couldnt Vic have pounded Kavanaugh senseless! I just want that guy gone soooo bad...

I think Vic & his Team Make a Difference in their Squad ....yeah they may play it dirty but they sure do a lot of good when they "go out & clean sweep" their neighborhood. I think that Character Kavanaugh should "be committed" & the key thrown away. I think its time for a new star to come in & replace him...are you sure there will be 2 more episodes of him??! :eek: :mad:

TheMick@ND
03-25-06, 12:08 AM
The more Kavanaugh the better, although I agree that they may have shot their wad with his character, (pardon the expression) Whitaker has done such a great job at making us hate this character I want some more. He'll probably have a hand in the investigation that will follow, since I'm not sure how the grenade doesn't get traced back to the strike team. Anyways, this show has the best acting I've ever seen on TV, and I watch a lot of TV. I love it.

brosiusbuddy
03-25-06, 12:40 AM
The more Kavanaugh the better, although I agree that they may have shot their wad with his character, (pardon the expression) Whitaker has done such a great job at making us hate this character I want some more. He'll probably have a hand in the investigation that will follow, since I'm not sure how the grenade doesn't get traced back to the strike team. Anyways, this show has the best acting I've ever seen on TV, and I watch a lot of TV. I love it.

I can't remember the CI's name (Amolia?)... the latina girl. Anyhow, she had connections to the salvadorians with the grenades and after being cast away by vic, vic might figure that she tipped them off to the strike team investigating them and then conclude that they found lem and killed him. plus the DEA agent warned vic to watch out for any grenade attacks from them. he will probably start off going in the wrong direction... away from shane

boo_427
03-28-06, 10:05 AM
I finally finished it up yesterday.

WOW! I knew Shane was going to kill Lem when he had them move from the spot. You could just see it in Shane's face. Not telling Vic could be good and bad.

Good in the sense that everyone at the scene saw Vic's reaction to Lem's death and that wasn't the reaction of someone that "knew". Bad that Vic will kill Shane if he finds out.

Further proof that this show has you rooting for the bad guys. I still wish Vic would have busted Kavanaugh's nose though.

I thought that it was pretty good and I can't wait for the next episodes.

thecaptain
06-06-06, 11:31 AM
FX Renews Shield By Anne Becker -- Broadcasting & Cable, 6/5/2006 5:07:00 PM
FX has picked up a seventh and final season of The Shield. Thirteen new hour-long episodes are scheduled for late 2007 or early 2008. The series’ sixth season, 10 episodes long, begins in early 2007.

Shield creator, executive producer and writer Shawn Ryan will continue in those roles for the last two seasons, which will bring the series’ episode total to 88.
The provocative show, FX’s first original drama, has been one of basic cable’s biggest hits since its debut in 2002, becoming ad-supported cable’s first series to win a Golden Globe for Best Drama.

Murderers Row
06-06-06, 11:40 AM
I'm jonesing for the new season. "Thief" didn't cut it for me, thought it was lame, & definately not worthy of holding me over until Vic get's to some ass whoopin again.

TinoFan84
06-06-06, 03:13 PM
FX has picked up a seventh and final season of The Shield. Thirteen new hour-long episodes are scheduled for late 2007 or early 2008. The series’ sixth season, 10 episodes long, begins in early 2007.

Shield creator, executive producer and writer Shawn Ryan will continue in those roles for the last two seasons, which will bring the series’ episode total to 88.
The provocative show, FX’s first original drama, has been one of basic cable’s biggest hits since its debut in 2002, becoming ad-supported cable’s first series to win a Golden Globe for Best Drama.

This is good news, thanks for sharing. Now we know there will be an additional 13 after the 10 that we knew were coming! I'm not sure I can wait until early 2007 but I guess I'll have to.

thecaptain
01-22-07, 11:40 PM
A long wait for fans of "The Shield" will come to an end this spring.

FX has set a premiere date for the show's sixth season: Tuesday, April 3,

brosiusbuddy
01-22-07, 11:52 PM
A long wait for fans of "The Shield" will come to an end this spring.

FX has set a premiere date for the show's sixth season: Tuesday, April 3,

holy crap thats still so far off. its crazy that they go a year between seasons.

thecaptain
01-23-07, 10:57 AM
holy crap thats still so far off. its crazy that they go a year between seasons.that's the longest gap between seasons the show has had.......................10 episodes for season six; final season due in '08.........Forest Whitaker will reprise his role as Internal Affairs investigator John Kavanaugh in season six, though Ryan declined to reveal how many episodes he'll be around.Franka Potente(The Bourne Supremacy )joins the current cast

The show is also gearing up for production on its seventh and final season. Those 13 episodes are scheduled to begin shooting in late spring, with a projected airdate of early 2008.

brosiusbuddy
01-23-07, 03:04 PM
that's the longest gap between seasons the show has had.......................10 episodes for season six; final season due in '08.........Forest Whitaker will reprise his role as Internal Affairs investigator John Kavanaugh in season six, though Ryan declined to reveal how many episodes he'll be around.Franka Potente(The Bourne Supremacy )joins the current cast

The show is also gearing up for production on its seventh and final season. Those 13 episodes are scheduled to begin shooting in late spring, with a projected airdate of early 2008.

it really is an extremely long wait... luckily its the best show thats been on television in a long while and its worth the wait.

thecaptain
01-24-07, 12:18 PM
When it gets near the start you or someone should start a season 6 thread ..

TinoFan84
03-20-07, 01:01 PM
Almost time for the premier so I'm bumping this up ... 2 weeks!

brosiusbuddy
03-20-07, 05:45 PM
Almost time for the premier so I'm bumping this up ... 2 weeks!

Good call. I saw the commercial for the new season... it looks awesome. Best show on TV is on its way....

Mezmerize
03-21-07, 11:08 AM
Good call. I saw the commercial for the new season... it looks awesome. Best show on TV is on its way....

So this is the end of The Shield, I can't wait. Did you see if Forrest Whittaker is back for this season or will there be a different guest star?

TinoFan84
03-21-07, 11:21 AM

Forest Whitaker will reprise his role as Internal Affairs investigator John Kavanaugh in season six, though Ryan declined to reveal how many episodes he'll be around.Franka Potente(The Bourne Supremacy )joins the current cast

Here's your answer Mesmerize ... 10 episodes starting on the 3rd and then 13 more to finish the series in late '07 or early '08. Though I'm surprised they're gonna stop when they're so close to 100 ... isn't that the magical number for syndication? And yes, Whitaker is back ...

JWHIII
03-21-07, 11:43 AM
Did anyone catch the 15 minute episode they had up on Bud.tv?

Mezmerize
03-21-07, 11:49 AM
Here's your answer Mesmerize ... 10 episodes starting on the 3rd and then 13 more to finish the series in late '07 or early '08. Though I'm surprised they're gonna stop when they're so close to 100 ... isn't that the magical number for syndication? And yes, Whitaker is back ...

Thank you for supplementing my laziness, I appreciate it! :D

And I do believe 100 is the magic number, yes.

TinoFan84
03-21-07, 01:38 PM
I was bored :lol:

brosiusbuddy
03-27-07, 09:31 AM
Im pretty sure that Season 5 is released on DVD today. For anyone who missed it this gives you a shot to catch up before season 6 starts next week

TinoFan84
03-27-07, 02:55 PM
Did anyone catch the 15 minute episode they had up on Bud.tv?

I tried to watch it but couldn't get it to work (user error no doubt :lol:)

TinoFan84
03-28-07, 10:19 AM
From tvguide.com

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Roush-Review/default.aspx?posting={AAB74E59-262E-4D7D-89B0-38915D8363E4}

Also, I can't find it online but when I got the new TV Guide at home for next week there was a recap of what's happened and it confirms that Vic is the father of Dani's baby in case anyone was still wondering ...

thecaptain
03-30-07, 08:16 AM
It might have been the single ghastliest moment on a drama last season: On the finale of "The Shield," Detective Shane Vendrell executed his partner, Curtis Lemansky, with a grenade.
Not that Shane didn't have his reasons. He was scared Lem would fold under pressure to spill secrets about their LAPD Strike Team, sordid secrets that could land all those renegade lawmen in the slammer.
But that doesn't mean Shane isn't bummed out about his evil deed. And his status among fans of this FX drama has plummeted from vigilante hero to TV's biggest skunk.
"The most hated character on television?" chortles Walton Goggins, who plays Shane. "I like to think he's the most misunderstood."
Either way, viewers will be riveted as "The Shield" begins its sixth season at 10 p.m. Tuesday, with Strike Team leader Detective Vic Mackey vowing to identify and pay back Lem's killer - little dreaming it's his closest compadre.
"We need the truth," growls Mackey (Michael Chiklis) to Shane. "This thing's gonna get a lot uglier before it gets better. http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070330/ENTERTAINMENT/703300335/1275/ENTERTAINMENTFRONT

TinoFan84
03-30-07, 08:37 AM
Thanks for posting that ... I can't wait for Tuesday!

thecaptain
04-03-07, 12:42 PM
"Tonight's The Night":)

DrNick
04-03-07, 12:45 PM
"Tonight's The Night":)

Its been too long...and no Yankee game to create a dilemma..well..there would actually be no dilemma as I would Tivo The Shield hehe

thecaptain
04-03-07, 02:26 PM
10:00pm - 11:09pm is over a hour..if you are setting you VCR Then from 11:09pm - 12:18am

tdel23
04-03-07, 03:32 PM
can't wait for 10:00 tonight!!

TinoFan84
04-03-07, 03:35 PM
10:00pm - 11:09pm is over a hour..if you are setting you VCR Then from 11:09pm - 12:18am

Thanks for this, I did learn this lesson, to tape longer but I don't think I was planning on going 9 minutes over ... and btw, should we start a Season 6 thread?

brosiusbuddy
04-03-07, 03:51 PM
im pretty sure if you go to aol.com's entertainment section there is a "webisode" that you can watch