PDA

View Full Version : Jeter on the Best Damn Sport Show

yankee maniac
01-10-06, 06:41 PM
I just read that our captain will be on the Best Damn Sports Show tonight (Tuesday)

keithf1
01-10-06, 07:18 PM
What time and channel?

trackie23
01-10-06, 08:00 PM
fox sports ny. 10:30

JDPNYY
01-10-06, 08:44 PM
I'm there.

I have a feeling he's gonna open up tonight.

Sam18
01-10-06, 08:49 PM
I'm there.

I have a feeling he's gonna open up tonight.

Just put a mic in front of Jeets. Pure entertainment.

JDPNYY
01-10-06, 08:53 PM
Just put a mic in front of Jeets. Pure entertainment.

No question.

silverdsl
01-10-06, 09:02 PM
Any bets on how often the phrase "most definitely" is used? :lol:

-Deborah

JDPNYY
01-10-06, 09:03 PM

-Deborah

It depends on how many questions they ask him.

keithf1
01-10-06, 09:05 PM
fox sports ny. 10:30

-tz
01-10-06, 09:53 PM
I didn't hear "most definitely." But he did say "Time will tell"! :D

http://users.erols.com/kcoblenz/JeterBDSS1.JPG

ZYanksRule
01-10-06, 10:06 PM
I didn't hear "most definitely." But he did say "Time will tell"! :D

http://users.erols.com/kcoblenz/JeterBDSS1.JPG

Wow, he's lost weight. ;)

I have no idea what made me say that, but I'm just playin around.

BillBuckner
01-10-06, 10:09 PM
Nice interview. "I have a no trade clause pal" :lol:

keithf1
01-10-06, 10:41 PM
I watched it. Thanks for making this thread or I would have never of known.

ZYanksRule
01-11-06, 12:39 AM
:lol:

That was hysterically funny, all the way.

There's a clip on the show's website of the entire interview, it is very, very funny, nothing substantive, but just for Jeet's comedy, it's great.

http://msn.foxsports.com/bestdamn

NYYBombshell
01-11-06, 01:27 AM
Nice interview. "I have a no trade clause pal" :lol:

At first, I was like "WHAT?!", and then he made that comment and I started laughing. I about had a damn stroke!

yankeebot
01-11-06, 05:32 AM
That's our captain. He could charm the panties off a nun.

Yankeees
01-11-06, 07:26 AM
The video doesn't seem to work for me.

Does anyone have a transcript?

dmsimon15
01-11-06, 11:42 AM
Missed it. Saw a few screenshots though. It does look like he lost a few pounds.

SuperMario66
01-11-06, 11:49 AM
I wish I could explain to people how much I love that man.

StaceyRosie
01-11-06, 11:51 AM
Derek Jeter is very funny and I wish people would stop characterizing him as something else.

I love his sense of humor. He says what he needs to say to the media and there's nothing wrong with that. And he knows when to be funny.

StaceyRosie
01-11-06, 11:59 AM
That was great. :lol:

HouseThatRingsBuild
01-11-06, 12:18 PM
I thought it was an ok interview.

effdamets
01-11-06, 12:31 PM
Everytime I watch an interview with Jeter, I always say the same thing... He is soooooo cool....

flymick24
01-11-06, 12:36 PM
The video doesn't seem to work for me.

Does anyone have a transcript?

it was basically a fluff interview... jeter was on the show to promote the world baseball classic and mlb 2k6... said he's gonna play to win during the baseball classic... will open johnny damon with open arms and hopes damon can do what he did against the yankees during the 2004 alcs... still, name of the game is pitching... only good pitching will take them far into the playoffs.

highlight of the interview is when john sally busts jeter's chops by saying he had been traded to the orioles for tejada, to which jeter replies, "i got a no trade clause,buddy... i'm not going anywhere."

StaceyRosie
01-11-06, 12:40 PM
Exactly, it was a fluff interview. But funny nonetheless.

Sam18
01-11-06, 12:46 PM

Not enough to put him in your username. Pfft.

Panamaniac42
01-11-06, 01:24 PM

-Deborah

Lol.

Also, next time you see a Giambi interview, keep count of "no doubt about it".

:)

Panamaniac42
01-11-06, 01:35 PM
Just watched the interview...it's a good watch for any desperate Boston Jeter-haters (though I think most have come to respect him by now) because there is a part where he's talking about motion-capture and he mentions "wearing a skin tight black suit with the balls all around" lol.

It was entertaining even though I don't really care for BDSS

SuperMario66
01-11-06, 01:56 PM
I thought it was an ok interview.

Yeah, but for Derek, that was like nearly golden. One of the more entertaining interviews he has ever done.

yankees2nyy
01-11-06, 02:30 PM
Now I am excited to watch it, I tivoed it. Good to hear it was a good one.

yankees2nyy
01-11-06, 02:40 PM
Yeah, but for Derek, that was like nearly golden. One of the more entertaining interviews he has ever done.

Actually my tivo didn't get it, what a shame. I was really looking forward to that.

ZYanksRule
01-11-06, 03:09 PM
Actually my tivo didn't get it, what a shame. I was really looking forward to that.

The link I posted above is the link to the show's website, they have the entire interview posted.

ZYanksRule
01-11-06, 03:22 PM
Everytime I watch an interview with Jeter, I always say the same thing... He is soooooo cool....

He is, he comes off as just a really good guy

BronxBombers2005
01-11-06, 03:29 PM

Same here man, I love that guy so much. Hes a great person and a great baseball player to look up too.

JamesVince
01-11-06, 03:57 PM
Same here man, I love that guy so much. Hes a great person and a great baseball player to look up too.

maybe you shoulda looked up to your english teacher

NYYBombshell
01-11-06, 04:05 PM

Yeah, that was uncalled for.

StaceyRosie
01-11-06, 04:14 PM
Lol.

Also, next time you see a Giambi interview, keep count of "no doubt about it".

:)

Over/under of 10

No doubt about it ;)

StaceyRosie
01-11-06, 04:15 PM

Maybe you should have also. The control key works wonders.

NYYBombshell
01-11-06, 04:21 PM
Maybe you should have also. The control key works wonders.

:lol: :lol:

ZYanksRule
01-11-06, 04:40 PM

:clap: :clap:

Nice first post.

What was the point of that post?

BronxBombers2005
01-11-06, 07:18 PM

ummm ok......that was a good first post......what was the point of that? And welcome to the posts:thatsodd:

ZYanksRule
01-11-06, 09:46 PM
:clap: :clap:

Nice first post.

What was the point of that post?

And the only post.

Well done mods :D

Panamaniac42
01-12-06, 12:39 AM
Over/under of 10

No doubt about it ;)

I love the way he says it...his delivery coupled with the frequency of use makes me crack up every time.

If you dig through any Giambi videos you can find from like June/July when he started going nuts, it's a treasure trove lol.

"Jason is it safe to say you've found your swing again?"

"Oh no doubt about it. I've just been putting in the work with Donnie and it's starting to pay off."

"So you have a good relationship with Don Mattingly?"

"Oh no doubt about it, he helps me a lot with my preparation and I'm just glad that I'm starting to see results from all the hard work."

StaceyRosie
01-12-06, 11:23 AM
I love the way he says it...his delivery coupled with the frequency of use makes me crack up every time.

If you dig through any Giambi videos you can find from like June/July when he started going nuts, it's a treasure trove lol.

"Jason is it safe to say you've found your swing again?"

"Oh no doubt about it. I've just been putting in the work with Donnie and it's starting to pay off."

"So you have a good relationship with Don Mattingly?"

"Oh no doubt about it, he helps me a lot with my preparation and I'm just glad that I'm starting to see results from all the hard work."

like I haven't dug through those videos already? ;)

SuperMario66
01-12-06, 11:45 AM

I have a feeling we don't love him in the same way. See, I while I think he is a great guy and baseball player, I also want to have all the sex with him.

StaceyRosie
01-12-06, 11:49 AM
I have a feeling we don't love him in the same way. See, I while I think he is a great guy and baseball player, I also want to have all the sex with him.

:roflmao:

YankeeFan1
01-12-06, 11:54 AM
I have a feeling we don't love him in the same way. See, I while I think he is a great guy and baseball player, I also want to have all the sex with him. LOL! Very honest. You aren't alone.

Brent
01-12-06, 12:18 PM

No doubt, I just watched it at my mom and dad's house, and I noticed as it was ending I was smiling and I looked and so was my dad. We have man crushes on Jeter.

yankeebot
01-12-06, 12:19 PM
I have a feeling we don't love him in the same way. See, I while I think he is a great guy and baseball player, I also want to have all the sex with him.Don't you think that is rather presumptuous of you? Perhaps BronxBomber2005 also wants to have all the sex with him. NTTAWWT.

nojoke
01-12-06, 12:26 PM
At first, I was like "WHAT?!", and then he made that comment and I started laughing. I about had a damn stroke!
John Sally had smiled then asked the question, I also knew Jeter would know before John Sally (former basketball player) would tell him he was traded. Sally probably could have pulled it off if he wasn't smiling the whole time

SuperMario66
01-12-06, 12:34 PM
John Sally had smiled then asked the question, I also knew Jeter would know before John Sally (former basketball player) would tell him he was traded. Sally probably could have pulled it off if he wasn't smiling the whole time

I don't think I am farmiliar with Mr. Sally. ;)

SuperMario66
01-12-06, 12:35 PM
Don't you think that is rather presumptuous of you? Perhaps BronxBomber2005 also wants to have all the sex with him. NTTAWWT.

That is a possibility. NTTAWWT.

pettitte_mussina
01-12-06, 01:49 PM
I watched it. Thanks for making this thread or I would have never of known.

are there transcripts avail? or can anyone "summarize" the interview for me? i missed it... (sucks being on the west coast!! -- j/k)

yankeebot
01-12-06, 01:52 PM
are there transcripts avail? or can anyone "summarize" the interview for me? i missed it... (sucks being on the west coast!! -- j/k)http://msn.foxsports.com/bestdamn Scroll down to "Jeter on the meter"

SuperMario66
01-12-06, 02:05 PM
Why is reading the whole thread hard? It isn't that long!

NYYBombshell
01-12-06, 02:33 PM

Way to tell it like it is, Misti. :)

BronxBombers2005
01-12-06, 02:33 PM

uhhhhh ok....... haha i quess we dont love him the same way. lol :)

gEO3b4
01-12-06, 02:45 PM
lol :D

I wish I would have seen this tuesday night. Its not working on my computer. I'll most definately try to check it out later

The Q Bomb
01-12-06, 06:30 PM
Derek Jeter is very funny and I wish people would stop characterizing him as something else.

I love his sense of humor. He says what he needs to say to the media and there's nothing wrong with that. And he knows when to be funny.

So true. He seems to have quite a personality. I agree that it doesn't come across in pre or post-game interviews, but he is not as dull as all the sports pundits like to make him seem. Also, while he is not very controversial, he does speak his mind and say something that goes against the grain when he feels the occasion warrants it, i.e. his comments on John Rocker (when said player was making his controversial comments); on hoping that Tino would not be traded back in 2001; on not dying to get Randy Johnson in the summer of 2004 because that meant someone already on the team would be let go.

Jeter is ALLLLLLL RIGHT!

BronxBombers2005
01-14-06, 05:42 PM
There is just nothing more to say......Derek Jeter is the man.

gEO3b4
01-14-06, 08:08 PM
There is just nothing more to say......Derek Jeter is the man.
most definately

Casey37
01-14-06, 08:21 PM
Derek Jeter is a very intelligent and measured individual who watches what he says because of his position within the Yankee organization.

There ainít nothing wrong with what heís doing. Keep it up, DJ.

pettitte_mussina
01-15-06, 01:34 AM
here's a link to a Jeter interview article, courtesy of the SPorts Illustrated website:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/arash_markazi/01/11/hot.read/index.html

dunno about ne1 else, but to me, it doesn't seem like Jeter's excited about the Damon signing... what does every1 else think??

ZYanksRule
01-15-06, 02:38 AM
here's a link to a Jeter interview article, courtesy of the SPorts Illustrated website:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/arash_markazi/01/11/hot.read/index.html

dunno about ne1 else, but to me, it doesn't seem like Jeter's excited about the Damon signing... what does every1 else think??

He's the man.

yankeebot
01-15-06, 06:26 AM

dunno about ne1 else, but to me, it doesn't seem like Jeter's excited about the Damon signing... what does every1 else think??Nothing groundbreaking in the article but don't you think it was a little tacky to have an SI article link to a page titled "Derek Jeter's Ho's"? That is where you go if you click on Jeter's six exes (http://www.yankeescritic.com/jeterwatch.aspx) right near the end of the article.

stephsamps
01-15-06, 10:48 AM

Well he said he was "excited to have him on the team." What more do you want from the guy?

FMITK2005
01-15-06, 10:50 AM
He was funny on there.

SuperMario66
01-17-06, 12:01 PM

Please don't substitute numbers for words. Please?

StaceyRosie
01-17-06, 12:02 PM
Please don't substitute numbers for words. Please?

:roflmao: