PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever had H. Pylori/ulcer?

penfold
01-10-06, 01:01 PM
Just wondering what your experiences are... The reason? You guessed it! I got it!

I've been feeling under the weather for a few months and even ended up in the ER for a whole day. After loads of tests, my doctor diagnosed the problem and it's being treated -- with eight pills a day!

I've done the usual web research but I'm wondering about other peoples's experiences. Realistically speaking, what are the chances of recurrence? And does this mean I have to stay away from aspirin and ibuprofen on a permanent or semi-permanent basis? :(

(Yes, I'm seeing a doctor, folks. I've read some clinical info. I just want to hear what other patients have to say!)

Bub
01-10-06, 01:33 PM
I have had an ulcer, but not H. Pylori which I think has different symptoms. Getting the H. Pylori under control can be difficult as you're essentially battling germs with antibiotics, and it doesn't always go away quickly. My ulcer was under control in a couple of weeks, with Prilosec and the elimination of Altoids from my diet.....I have a problem dealing with true peppermint oil. How odd is that? :wtf:

corynnmarie
01-10-06, 04:29 PM
I have a problem dealing with true peppermint oil. How odd is that? :wtf:

What an interesting thing to be sensitive to...how did you come to that conclusion?

Bub
01-10-06, 06:14 PM
What an interesting thing to be sensitive to...how did you come to that conclusion?Doc asked me to take a look at a list of foodstuffs and if I've been eating anything different of late, and peppermint was on it. The entire episode began right after buying Altoids on a routine basis. Certain foods affect people differently....I can't eat a grapefruit because it acts like a carton of pop rocks as soon as I swallow.

penfold
01-10-06, 07:16 PM
All this time I thought I had an iron stomach... guess it's rusting a little bit these days....

Ah well. I'm just happy to know what's been causing my problems.