PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Film's Trailer Available

BronxByTheBay
01-06-06, 07:27 PM
No, not the Oliver Stone one.

This film is "Flight 93" and chronicles the events that took place on board. I still am conflicted if as to whether it's too soon for these films. Just watching the teaser is gut-wrenching stuff.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/flight93/

NYYBombshell
01-06-06, 07:29 PM
No, not the Oliver Stone one.

This film is "Flight 93" and chronicles the events that took place on board. I still am conflicted if it's too soon for this stuff. Just watching the teaser is gut-wrenching stuff.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/flight93/

Oliver Stone is making a 9/11 film? I wonder what conspiracy theory he'll come up with for that one.

And it's too soon in my mind for a film of that nature to come out........I'll skip it.

StaceyRosie
01-06-06, 07:31 PM
I cannot believe it's going to be 5 years this September...Good God. I still look out my office window towards downtown and hope that when I blink and open my eyes they'll reappear.

BronxByTheBay
01-06-06, 07:36 PM
I cannot believe it's going to be 5 years this September...Good God. I still look out my office window towards downtown and hope that when I blink and open my eyes they'll reappear.

Breaks my heart each and every time I come to visit and my skyline is changed. I literally have to have a "quiet" moment if you know what I mean.

How utterly sad and pathetic is it that we haven't even laid a brick anywhere in the vicinity as of yet?

BronxByTheBay
01-06-06, 07:42 PM
Oliver Stone is making a 9/11 film? I wonder what conspiracy theory he'll come up with for that one.

Yes, he sure is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469641/

Great filmmaker - I hope he reigns in his lunacy and produces a great movie. Doubt it, though.

Archer1979
01-06-06, 07:50 PM
Way too ******* early.

twinks34
01-06-06, 07:52 PM
I don't think I can watch this.

yankeebot
01-06-06, 07:57 PM
As hard as it will be to watch, I think it is good that the movies are being made now. The passage of time would only serve to encourage revisionist history.

StaceyRosie
01-06-06, 08:03 PM
Breaks my heart each and every time I come to visit and my skyline is changed. I literally have to have a "quiet" moment if you know what I mean.

How utterly sad and pathetic is it that we haven't even laid a brick anywhere in the vicinity as of yet?

There's too much fighting between the victims families and developers and the government etc. I can understand all sides of the arguement though.

I understand why the family members don't want to build anything there because it is a gravesite but I also can understand why we should build something, to show those mother................ers that they didn't break us. You know?

Ugh. The whole thing still pisses me off. I was so angry that night after I got over the shock of everything.

So yeah that being said I don't think I can see this movie.

NYYBombshell
01-06-06, 08:06 PM
I think when they finally do build on that site, at the top of the tallest building, they should put a giant middle finger.

ALR83
01-06-06, 08:06 PM
I don't like this. It's too soon.

MiamiKat
01-06-06, 09:03 PM
I've watched most of the TV specials about 9/11 (the one made by the French filmmakers on CBS, the recent ones on the National Geographic and Discovery channels), and a few included some re-enactment. But they were all documentaries, and I got to watch them in the privacy of my own home where I could pause my TiVo if I needed a break.

It's been nearly 5 years (wow), so I don't necessarily think it's too soon. It's more that I don't think I could watch a dramatic movie like this yet...and definitely not in a theater where I'd be sobbing my eyes out.

(I still lived in NYC -- in the Union Square area -- on 9/11. I remember that whole day like it just happened.)

YankeePride1967
01-06-06, 09:05 PM

And it's too soon in my mind for a film of that nature to come out........I'll skip it.

I believe Oliver Stone believes it was a plot devised by Tom Hanks and Rosie O'Donnell in order to publicize a movie.

StaceyRosie
01-06-06, 09:05 PM
I taped all of those specials. I was a bit obsessed.

YankeePride1967
01-06-06, 09:06 PM
I would have no problem with nothing being built there, but should they decide to do so, use Donald Trump's idea. Re-build the towers -- one floor taller each.

NJ Fan
01-06-06, 09:12 PM
I've watched most of the TV specials about 9/11 (the one made by the French filmmakers on CBS, the recent ones on the National Geographic and Discovery channels), and a few included some re-enactment. But they were all documentaries, and I got to watch them in the privacy of my own home where I could pause my TiVo if I needed a break.

It's been nearly 5 years (wow), so I don't necessarily think it's too soon. It's more that I don't think I could watch a dramatic movie like this yet...and definitely not in a theater where I'd be sobbing my eyes out.

(I still lived in NYC -- in the Union Square area -- on 9/11. I remember that whole day like it just happened.)

After having seen the documentary on TV, I bought that French Filmmakers' DVD. That thing is unbelievable! Talk about gut-wrenching!

StaceyRosie
01-06-06, 09:16 PM
After having seen the documentary on TV, I bought that French Filmmakers' DVD. That thing is unbelievable! Talk about gut-wrenching!

The things that stuck with me were the looks on some of the firefighters faces. (One of them I knew and they had a close up of his face and kinda paused on him....so sad--he left behind a wife and 3 kids) And the sound of the bodies hitting the ground.

NJ Fan
01-06-06, 09:24 PM
The things that stuck with me were the looks on some of the firefighters faces. (One of them I knew and they had a close up of his face and kinda paused on him....so sad--he left behind a wife and 3 kids) And the sound of the bodies hitting the ground.

:( I'm so sorry. That must have been so difficult for you to see.

StaceyRosie
01-06-06, 09:27 PM
:( I'm so sorry. That must have been so difficult for you to see.

At that moment I didn't realize it because I hadn't seen him since I was a teenager but I was thinking "Wow, he looks familiar." because I always saw him in street clothes and right after they cut away my mom called me and was like, "DID YOU SEE DAVID!?!?!?!" He was best friends with my cousins, they grew up together and I saw him every Christmas as a kid and teenager. But once my mom told me I freaked out.

26 and counting
01-06-06, 09:32 PM

Are those 9/11 specials still being shown? I would like to tape them too.

StaceyRosie
01-06-06, 09:34 PM

They may reair everything for the 5 year anniversary. You never know.

NYYBombshell
01-06-06, 09:49 PM

Yesterday on the History Channel was a two-hour special on the Twin Towers called "World Trade Center: Rise and Fall of an American Icon". It was very, very good.

penguin4
01-07-06, 01:04 AM
They set up that trailer like it was your typical hijacked vehicle thriller, along the lines of Speed or Air Force One. And I was almost pulled in, until I brought myself back -- "wait a minute, this really happened four years ago and we all saw the results." And then I got sick.

People who weren't near the devastation won't understand what the big deal is. But it's way too soon to make a movie out of something that affected so many people so recently.

Stupid Flanders
01-07-06, 02:27 AM
It makes me sick that people are going to make a ton of money off of these things

CyYoung4Vazquez
01-07-06, 08:24 AM
I work at 61 Broadway and walk near the site everyday. I wish they would do something with ASAP. If anything I believe it makes things worse looking at that giant hole in the ground.

GiambiRocks
01-07-06, 10:21 AM
It makes me sick that people are going to make a ton of money off of these things
I so agree with you. I can't imagine what kind of human being could actually sit in a theatre and what something like that without being physically sick.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-07-06, 10:39 AM
Is it me, or did those voices in the clip sound incredibly calm?

Epy7280
01-07-06, 10:46 AM
well i am pretty much over it. I work downtown like 5 blocks away from the WTC i still remember everything. I am still sad sometimes but I accept the fact that what happened, happened and there is no changing that. It isn't like they are going to reappear suddenly one day. The only reason why i wouldn' watch the movie because i know the story already so i rather wait till it comes out on DVD or Video.

SkooterPhil#10
01-07-06, 11:01 AM
I have no qualms with the production of films about 9/11 as long as 100% of proceeds go to the victims' families. Otherwise, Oliver Stone can kiss my ass.

Yankeees
01-07-06, 12:01 PM
Did anyone ever see the documentary Loose Change about 9/11?

NewAmsterdamYankee
01-07-06, 02:01 PM
And the sound of the bodies hitting the ground.

That was so surreal. Too worse to put into words, like the day itself.

PinstripePride
01-07-06, 03:23 PM
Way too ******* early.

My sentiments exactly. But hey, it'll make a lot of money, so why should anyone give a sh!t? Who cares about peoples feelings and loved ones? It's all about money.

EDIT: A small part of me says that this seems like a tribute to the heroes of flight 93, but it's still way too early...I know if one of my loved ones was on that plane, and they were passing that event off as entertainment for people to come and watch while eating popcorn and soda and having fun, I'd be livid.

PinstripePride
01-07-06, 03:30 PM
I have no qualms with the production of films about 9/11 as long as 100% of proceeds go to the victims' families. Otherwise, Oliver Stone can kiss my ass.

That's a good take on it. But of course none of it will.

PinstripePride
01-07-06, 03:39 PM
People who weren't near the devastation won't understand what the big deal is. But it's way too soon to make a movie out of something that affected so many people so recently.

I think that might be key. I'd like to hear the reactions from a large group away from New York, not directly affected by 9/11.

nhyankeefan
01-07-06, 06:39 PM
It's way too early for me. I'll see this movie at home if at all.

YankeeClemens22
01-07-06, 07:13 PM
I have a DVD I made of news coverage from that day. I think I started it before the 2nd tower collapsed. It was just several hours of footage. I have never even come close to watching it again. I don't think I could bear it.

But I knew I wanted to have it, as a reminder of what really occured, without the passage of time to effect the retelling.

YankeeClemens22
01-07-06, 07:16 PM
It's way too early for me. I'll see this movie at home if at all.

Yeah. The flood of memories just from the trailer was too much.

I remember watching the movie Swordfish with a bunch of friends not long after 9/11. There was a scene with a helicopter, I believe, flying through the city, crashing into buildings. I couldn't take it. I got up and walked out of the room, went into my bedroom, and just needed to be alone. A movie that is directly about 9/11 -- specifically one that is not a documentary -- is not something I think NYers will be very receptive to,

SoCal Pinstriper
01-07-06, 07:17 PM
I am very uncomfortable with any attempts to "dramatize or fictionalize" these events.

YankeeClemens22
01-07-06, 07:22 PM
I often go to lunch at a Glatt Kosher place a few blocks from the WTC site. When going back to the office, we walk past it, always on the opposite side of the street, and I always turn away from it. I've only been living in Manhattan for about 7 months, but throughout my many visits to the city from before living here, and all the way up through now, I have not gone to see what's there. When we have visitors come to stay with us, oftentimes they really want to go see the WTC site, and I tell them to go by themselves. Oftentimes they question me, but it's just a personal thing that I don't want to see it, or gawk at it, or stand there and think about such a horrible day.

Casey37
01-07-06, 07:31 PM
I'm not ready for this thing just yet. I lost two very dear friends (NYPD) on 09/11 and to watch this movie would be sheer punishment for me.

As far as I'm concerned, I might consider watching this movie sometime around 2016.

survelvn
01-07-06, 09:15 PM
Ugh. way to early. I could hardly even sit through that whole 60 second trailer.

ugh ugh ugh. not happy.

Arod for President
01-07-06, 10:01 PM
My Brothers Girlfriend plays a character in this movie. Her name is Olivia Thirlby. I gotta admit... shes a hottie! And shes uhh i think shes 19 fellas :D but HEY calm down like I said shes my bros GF

http://www.vincentperez.com/thirlby2x.jpg

NYYBombshell
01-07-06, 10:33 PM
Ugh. way to early. I could hardly even sit through that whole 60 second trailer.

ugh ugh ugh. not happy.

I have a hard time sitting through documentaries about 9/11. I can't imagine sitting through the movie.

Sheff_Rod
01-07-06, 10:43 PM

Same here. I taped all the specials, about 50 hours of news coverage, and a lot of shows like Letterman when they got back on the air.

Jglaubman
01-07-06, 10:49 PM
Wow, I could barely sit through the trailer. I don't think I could sit through the entire movie. It's too early.