PDA

View Full Version : need destination advice for a ski excursion (more drinking than skiing)

BombersBlvd
01-03-06, 11:39 PM
Homies, was looking to plan an extended weekend w/ the wife and some close friends. Looking for something in either NY/NJ or PA (but not too out there) where its scenic and there are some cool lodges and its not outrageously priced (also, the more lowkey the crowds, the better, but I realize that's tough to predict.) Looking to mostly relax and drink and enjoy the scenery (w/ maybe some skiing ;) ) Was about to Google it, but any personal recommendations out there? Thanks a bunch.

TannerBoyle
01-04-06, 08:29 AM
A bit further than NY, but Mont Tremblant in Quebec is a pretty cool spot, if you need to stay on the east coast and are interested in drinking. It's one of those all-in-one ski villages run by Intrawest, and depending how the Canadian dollar is, it's often cheaper. There's a handful of good bars at the base of the slopes for catching the sun and people watching, and a few more 'club' type places a short walk further from the lifts. It's about an hour north of Montreal, and a good spot for a 4 day weekend or so.

If you're looking for good ski conditions, then head to Sunday River, Sugarbush, or Smuggler's Notch.

RhodyYanksFan
01-04-06, 10:20 AM
Also far from NY is Sunday River in Maine. Big mountain, big lodge, and there's some good condos around the mountain. Great brewpub up there too.

JWHIII
01-04-06, 10:45 AM
I just spent the weekend in North Conway and went to a few good places for a drink. It was pretty busy up there this past weekend, but I don't what its like on non-holiday weekends. The people I was with enjoyed the skiing, I myself wasn't able to because of a bad wheel.

We rented a couple of nice little cottages within walking distance of the town center and there were lots of other places to stay that looked pretty nice.

Buckeye Yank
01-04-06, 11:42 AM
Not sure what you're looking for.

Something like this: http://www.tanglwood.com/

Or this: http://www.whiteface.com/newsite/

montrealer
01-04-06, 09:00 PM
Mt. Tremblay.....and for drinking...Montreal