PDA

View Full Version : New Tool Spring of 06

Hitman23
12-27-05, 03:19 PM
Okay, no more effing around. It's on it's way now. Check out the words on the Schism DVD single. It says new release "Spring 06" :drool:
(I know it's a little hard to read)

By the way, the singles are worth picking up. :cool:

RhodyYanksFan
12-27-05, 03:21 PM
Okay, no more effing around. It's on it's way now. Check out the words on the Schism DVD single. It says new release "Spring 06" :drool:

:rockin:
BTW what is on the Schism and Parabola DVDs?

BronxByTheBay
12-27-05, 03:22 PM

That would be awesome news if it's true. Didn't the lead singer find Jesus and walk away from the band?

Hitman23
12-27-05, 03:22 PM
:rockin:
BTW what is on the Schism and Parabola DVDs?Well obviously the videos. But the artwork it comes with is just amazing. There is also a humorous commentary and apparently a remix. I'm not good finding easter eggs on DVDs so I gave up.

Hitman23
12-27-05, 03:23 PM
That would be awesome news if it's true. Didn't the lead singer find Jesus and walk away from the band?That would be the most ironic thing, ever, in the history of mankind.

No, you're thinking of the guitarist in Korn.

Hitman23
12-27-05, 03:24 PM
btw... here's an article from Blabbermouth:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=45484

Launch Radio Networks reports: TOOL has entered the mixing stage on its new album, according to sources close to the band, and is looking at an April or May release for the disc, its first since 2001's "Lateralus".

JDPNYY
12-27-05, 03:26 PM
It's coming out already?

BronxByTheBay
12-27-05, 03:26 PM
That would be the most ironic thing, ever, in the history of mankind.

No, you're thinking of the guitarist in Korn.

Actually, we're both right, this is funny:

"Finding Jesus"

On April 1, 2005 Maynard announced as an April Fool's joke - to the shock of many of his fans and friends - that he had "found jesus" and would be abandoning the recording of the new Tool album temporarily, possibly permanently.

Kurt Loder of MTV contacted Keenan via email to ask for a confirmation and received a very nonchalant confirmation. When Loder asked again, Keenan's response was simply "heh heh". Loder also noted that Keenan had not capitalized Jesus, uncommon for someone who had just converted to Christianity. The announcement was most likely inspired by Brian "Head" Welch's 2005 decision to leave his band KoЯn to dedicate his life to Christianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maynard_James_Keenan

Hitman23
12-27-05, 03:28 PM

"Finding Jesus"

On April 1, 2005 Maynard announced as an April Fool's joke - to the shock of many of his fans and friends - that he had "found jesus" and would be abandoning the recording of the new Tool album temporarily, possibly permanently.

Kurt Loder of MTV contacted Keenan via email to ask for a confirmation and received a very nonchalant confirmation. When Loder asked again, Keenan's response was simply "heh heh". Loder also noted that Keenan had not capitalized Jesus, uncommon for someone who had just converted to Christianity. The announcement was most likely inspired by Brian "Head" Welch's 2005 decision to leave his band KoЯn to dedicate his life to Christianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maynard_James_Keenan:lol: it figures. I stay off the news sites around March-April for that reason. Every year they play an April Fools joke and every year they pull it off. It's pathetic how these things blow up. A couple of years ago the band died in a plane crash or something. They even made everyone believe they were releasing some suprise album in between Ænima and Lateralus. You'd think people would see it coming by now.

RhodyYanksFan
12-27-05, 03:31 PM

"Finding Jesus"

I can't believe he's 41. :eek:

Buckeye Yank
12-27-05, 03:41 PM
Sorry....thought you meant something like this (http://www.longos.com/uploads/fom/Fathers_Day/garden_tools.jpg). ;)

Snatch Catch
12-27-05, 03:43 PM
Sorry....thought you meant something like this (http://www.longos.com/uploads/fom/Fathers_Day/garden_tools.jpg). ;)

I thought he meant that his wife was 5 months pregnant.

Buckeye Yank
12-27-05, 04:20 PM
Ohhhh....now THAT'S a good one!! :2thumbs:

Hitman23
12-28-05, 11:00 AM
I thought he meant that his wife was 5 months pregnant.:roflmao:

good job.

Stupid Flanders
12-28-05, 11:31 AM
Don't bother with the TOOL DVDs. I'm really disappointed with the band lately. Ever since TOOL ARMY formed, they've been on a cash grab every chance they get

I will still get the album though

Hitman23
12-28-05, 11:40 AM
Don't bother with the TOOL DVDs. I'm really disappointed with the band lately. Ever since TOOL ARMY formed, they've been on a cash grab every chance they get

I will still get the album thoughThere's something about Tool that alot of Tool fans don't get. they exploit their hardcore fans because they know they can get it out of them. Their music, their artwork, their videos, they put in 100% and always come out with masterpieces. But if you listen to their music they're trying to tell you not to live your life through someone else, to think for yourself and don't idolize him. but they do anyway. So he makes fools out of them by doing exactly what you're saying.

I'm happy with the DVDs. I love having the videos and the artwork is incredible. To me it's a personal collectible. If you're looking for something new, this isn't going to satisfy you.

Stupid Flanders
12-28-05, 11:43 AM
There's something about Tool that alot of Tool fans don't get. they exploit their hardcore fans because they know they can get it out of them. Their music, their artwork, their videos, they put in 100% and always come out with masterpieces. But if you listen to their music they're trying to tell you not to live your life through someone else, to think for yourself and don't idolize him. but they do anyway. So he makes fools out of them by doing exactly what you're saying.

I'm happy with the DVDs. I love having the videos and the artwork is incredible. To me it's a personal collectible. If you're looking for something new, this isn't going to satisfy you.
I was a member oof the (free) TOOL fanclub since 1992. Then around 2000 the TOOL Army started and I didn't join because it's $50-$100/yr for... garbage. I miss my old newsletters.

Pearl Jam still has the best fan club though. Always has

Hitman23
12-28-05, 11:47 AM
I was a member oof the (free) TOOL fanclub since 1992. Then around 2000 the TOOL Army started and I didn't join because it's $50-$100/yr for... garbage. I miss my old newsletters.

Pearl Jam still has the best fan club though. Always hasoh it's not garbage. I get tickets two weeks prior to the general sale for face value. Basically, I can pick whatever seat I want. First come first served obviously. That alone is worth the 100$. Which, actually, they've never asked for again. it was a 1 time fee I paid a while ago.

Hitman23
03-02-06, 03:13 PM
Found an article posted on a Tool forum that has a review of the new album (due in MAY!!) by I think Kerrang! Magazine.

If this is true and they're gonna be including Meshuggah influences.... OMFG!

Tool are the final headline act to be announced for this years Download festival. The three day-event, which takes place at Donington Park on June 9,10,11 will see the enigmatic LA art-metallers closing the proceedings on the Friday evening on the Main stage. It will be the band's first UK appearance since 2002.

"Were really excited, " says bassist Justin Chancellor. "Its a huge honour for us to be asked to close Friday night at the horny mother of English rock festivals. I always imagined playing Donington as a kid, so I wont be taking this opportunity lightly. This is the kind of experience weve been patiently working towards - cant wait, see all you bastards there!"

Tool are gearing up to return with their first new collection of material since 2001's gargantuan 'Lateralus'. Kerrang! was granted an exclusive listening session to the just-completed, as yet-untitled fourth album, which is due out May, and can reveal that anyone expecting the shadowy Californian quartet to have gone soft with age willl be sorely disappointed. True to form, Tools upcoming opus is a 77-minute prog-metal odyssey, packed with plenty of eight minute-plus twisted riff-a-thons, odd-tempo polyrhythms and the bands trademark, eerie interludes. Its also arguably their heaviest, most punishing material since their 1993 breakthrough album 'undertow'.
The upcoming 11-track album has certainly been the bands most laborious and challenging record to complete, taking a mammoth five years to write (some of the material stems from pre-lateralus sessions), during which keenan recorded and toured with his other band A perfect Circle.
Tool also spent five months, in the company of QOTSA/Melvins engineer Joe Barresi, in three different LA studios over autumn 2005 recording it.

"Weve all been listening to a lot of Meshuggah" admits guitrist Adam Jones. "I see a lot fo them in us and us in them, and they really have a very experimental prog side to them. I dont think it was like, 'Okay right here were going to play like Meshuggah', but more, 'Oh my god thats come out a messhugah moment'."

"We have the most retarted president weve ever had, and were frustrated and thats the reason its a little heavier this time" reveals drummer Danny Carey. "that level of frustration back like when we first got hte band together: we were products of that ................ing Reagan thing, we were pissed off and bummed-out, we had that angst, and now its coming forth again: like it or not were products of our environment. Were pissed off again"

No stranger to weaving social and political frustrations into his tortuously articulate lyrics, singer MJK who released the politically-motivated covers album, 'eMOTIVEe' with APC in 2004, has chosen another approach this time around.

"I think for me, and this is just personally, the last few years have really been crushing" Keenan confesses. "For me, as an artist, I needed to see on some level if speaking my mind would actually inspire people - you see the sky falling and you feel like youve got to say something. I think of prior tool albums 'AEnema' and 'Lateralus', lyrically, I had this idea of trying to share things and push some kind of higher purpose - enlightenment, this global consciousness thing - and everything thats going on nowadays has kind of left me a little disappointed, a little bummed.

"So I think on this album Ive talked more about my personal stuff, things that I needed to get off my chest," he adds. "Its a little cynical and its almost like coming from a sad place. Theres some hope in it, but its more back to rock and roll basics, just experessing some very big sadness thats from the gut."

"This is our blues record, were singing the blues!" Jokes Carey.

"The difference is before, we had that young spunk and we thought we could actually say something and help people realise these thigns, " continues Keenan. "But now, the anger is more of a frustrated anger, and me sitting back and going, 'Okay, im going to shut up now, Im going to stop ranting and trying to be chicken little telling you that the sky is falling, Im going to just let you guys get hit in the head'."

Tools as-yet-untitled album is due to hit shelves in May.

Snatch Catch
03-02-06, 03:32 PM

Slightly prophetic, no, Steve? ;)

RhodyYanksFan
03-02-06, 03:38 PM
Gotta love it. 11 tracks and 77 minutes. :lol:

Hitman23
03-03-06, 08:05 AM
Slightly prophetic, no, Steve? ;)it was very clever. :D

Hitman23
03-03-06, 08:06 AM
Gotta love it. 11 tracks and 77 minutes. :lol:It's awesome. I hate when you get into a song and then after 3 ot 4 minutes it's over. It's like premature ejactulation man. I want my Toolgasms to last a few mintues. :lol:

LongLiveBernie51!
03-03-06, 08:16 AM

"Finding Jesus"

An Honest Question....what are the band's beliefs?

I used to have their CD's when I was a teenager and my mother found them and told me that Tool were "worshippers of the Devil" or something and made me throw them out. I of course reobtained them without her permission. ;)

I have heard rumors about the drummer and his father being affiliated with that sort of thing but nothing concrete. Just curious if my mother was overreacting or if she knew what she was talking about.

Hitman23
03-03-06, 08:24 AM
An Honest Question....what are the band's beliefs?

I used to have their CD's when I was a teenager and my mother found them and told me that Tool were "worshippers of the Devil" or something and made me throw them out. I of course reobtained them without her permission. ;)

I have heard rumors about the drummer and his father being affiliated with that sort of thing but nothing concrete. Just curious if my mother was overreacting or if she knew what she was talking about.No they are far from Devil worship. They are very spiritual. They just don't believe in blind faith in any religion. They explore their options with an open mind and come up with their own set of beliefs, and they try to inform us that there is more out there then what we've been taught, we just gotta look for it. It's cliche now, but in a nutshell: "think for yourself, question authority".

Or you can just think about anal sex or masturbation and then listen to the lyrics, because that also works. :lol:

LongLiveBernie51!
03-03-06, 08:34 AM
No they are far from Devil worship. They are very spiritual. They just don't believe in blind faith in any religion. They explore their options with an open mind and come up with their own set of beliefs, and they try to inform us that there is more out there then what we've been taught, we just gotta look for it. It's cliche now, but in a nutshell: "think for yourself, question authority".

Or you can just think about anal sex or masturbation and then listen to the lyrics, because that also works. :lol:

HAHAHHAA...thanks Hitman

Hitman23
03-03-06, 08:55 AM
HAHAHHAA...thanks HitmanNot a problem. If you haven't already, check out their last album "Lateralus". It's a very positive album, quite unlike any of their previous work. They have their lashing out song (Ticks & Leetches), but overall it's very emotional and much less angry.

"So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill through
And let them pass right through
Bringing out our hope and reason ...
before we pine away."

Snatch Catch
03-03-06, 09:20 AM
it was very clever. :D

Yeah, but we didn't know she was pregnant at the time, did we?

RhodyYanksFan
03-03-06, 09:30 AM
Not a problem. If you haven't already, check out their last album "Lateralus". It's a very positive album, quite unlike any of their previous work. They have their lashing out song (Ticks & Leetches), but overall it's very emotional and much less angry.

"So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill through
And let them pass right through
Bringing out our hope and reason ...
before we pine away."

I think The Grudge is my favorite Tool song ever.

Hitman23
03-03-06, 09:43 AM
Yeah, but we didn't know she was pregnant at the time, did we?I don't recall. Socrates. :P

Hitman23
03-03-06, 09:44 AM
I think The Grudge is my favorite Tool song ever.He won "Best Scream of The Year" for that. :cool:

I like it alot as well. Off of Lateralus I love "Reflection" and "Parabola".

It's hard to pick a favorite. It's either "Pushlt" or their cover of "No Quarter"

RhodyYanksFan
03-03-06, 09:50 AM
He won "Best Scream of The Year" for that. :cool:

I like it alot as well. Off of Lateralus I love "Reflection" and "Parabola".

It's hard to pick a favorite. It's either "Pushlt" or their cover of "No Quarter"

I thought the scream in "Ticks & Leeches" was bigger. He won't play that song because it screws up his throat so bad.

Holy s*it..."No Quarter" is out of this world. They do it so much better then Zepplin.

Hitman23
03-03-06, 09:58 AM
I thought the scream in "Ticks & Leeches" was bigger. He won't play that song because it screws up his throat so bad.

Holy s*it..."No Quarter" is out of this world. They do it so much better then Zepplin.Funny thing, i saw them twice in NY for the Lateralus tour. Hoping that they would perform Ticks & Leeches. But I didn't count on it for exactly what you said. Hard on his throat for the type of vocals he has. The one show I didn't see, the extra show added at MSG he did it. I was so annoyed. :lol: I heard when he recorded it he took off the next month to recover for the rest of the album.

Yeah it's tough to say this but their cover of No Quarter is better then Zeppelin's version. I'm a huge Zep fan, it's hard to say that. But it is.

RhodyYanksFan
03-03-06, 10:01 AM
Funny thing, i saw them twice in NY for the Lateralus tour. Hoping that they would perform Ticks & Leeches. But I didn't count on it for exactly what you said. Hard on his throat for the type of vocals he has. The one show I didn't see, the extra show added at MSG he did it. I was so annoyed. :lol: I heard when he recorded it he took off the next month to recover for the rest of the album.

Yeah it's tough to say this but their cover of No Quarter is better then Zeppelin's version. I'm a huge Zep fan, it's hard to say that. But it is.

I haven't seen them since 97. There's no way I'll miss them this time around.

Hitman23
03-03-06, 10:23 AM
I haven't seen them since 97. There's no way I'll miss them this time around.It's only been 4 years for me and I'm Jones'n. I can't wait.

Hitman23
03-03-06, 10:36 AM
sh*t. There's an album leak. I have a chance to download it. Choices, choices.....

RhodyYanksFan
03-03-06, 10:39 AM
sh*t. There's an album leak. I have a chance to download it. Choices, choices.....

Dude...you know you'll buy it anyway.

This is pretty early for a leak.

Hitman23
03-03-06, 10:41 AM
Dude...you know you'll buy it anyway.

This is pretty early for a leak.Oh hell yeah. Even if it's just for the artwork. I think I'm going to. The owner of the site just disabled it for a while. I gotta get appoved to join in order to get it.

Toolband.com just announced the name of the album is "10,000 Days". WTF is that a Disturbed rip-off? :lol:

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

RhodyYanksFan
03-03-06, 10:54 AM
Oh hell yeah. Even if it's just for the artwork. I think I'm going to. The owner of the site just disabled it for a while. I gotta get appoved to join in order to get it.

Toolband.com just announced the name of the album is "10,000 Days". WTF is that a Disturbed rip-off? :lol:

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

LMK if and when you get it.

Comeon...you know Disturbed pre-emptively ripped off Tool. ;)

Hitman23
03-03-06, 11:26 AM

Comeon...you know Disturbed pre-emptively ripped off Tool. ;)I will. I got invited to this private site and apparently someone got a hold of it, put it on his site and posted a link. He got jammed with new members and shut it down temporarily. I hope it comes back up soon. I just sent him a PM to see about getting a membership.

:lol: yeah, that's it, pre-emptively.

DaBomber25
03-03-06, 02:44 PM
Slightly prophetic, no, Steve? ;)

No, I bet you knew. And I'm predicting we'll see you, Steve and his wife on a Maury Povich DNA Results episode in the near future you home-wrecking bastard.

Hitman23
03-07-06, 11:50 AM

Comeon...you know Disturbed pre-emptively ripped off Tool. ;)Apparently it's a false alarm. It's not leaked. Yet.

RhodyYanksFan
03-07-06, 11:51 AM
Apparently it's a false alarm. It's not leaked. Yet.

Ahh...I thought it was a little early. Usually you can find them 2 weeks ahead, not 2 months.

Hitman23
03-07-06, 11:53 AM
Ahh...I thought it was a little early. Usually you can find them 2 weeks ahead, not 2 months.Looks like some ass had found some band that either sounded like Tool, or was a cover band. They put it out there, claimed it was Tool and people bought into it so the rumor spread.

Or it could have been the band. It's a bit early for their annual April Fools joke, but you never know. :lol:

RhodyYanksFan
03-23-06, 01:01 PM
Cover art:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EULJLU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V55756642_.jpg

Promo shots:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch20068.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch2006.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch20067.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch20066.jpg

They are so bizzare. Can't wait!

Hitman23
03-23-06, 01:04 PM
Cover art:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EULJLU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V55756642_.jpg

Promo shots:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch20068.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch2006.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch20067.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/Chase_the_shadow/Tool/ToolMarch20066.jpg

They are so bizzare. Can't wait!Thanks dude.... looks like they updated the logo again. Not bad.

:lol: @ Maynard in those pics!

RhodyYanksFan
03-23-06, 01:24 PM
:lol: @ Maynard in those pics!

Especially the one in the boxers

Hitman23
03-27-06, 03:53 PM
May 2nd

Here's the tracklist:
01. Vicarious
02. Jambi
03. Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
04. 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
05. The Pot
06. Lipan Conjuring
07. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
08. Rosetta Stoned
09. Intension
10. Right In Two
11. Viginti Tres

Billboard.com has learned that first single/album opener "Vicarious," which stretches past the seven-minute mark, is due to arrive April 17 at U.S. rock radio outlets.
http://toolshed.down.net/news/

RhodyYanksFan
03-27-06, 04:34 PM
May 2nd

Here's the tracklist:
01. Vicarious
02. Jambi
03. Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
04. 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
05. The Pot
06. Lipan Conjuring
07. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
08. Rosetta Stoned
09. Intension
10. Right In Two
11. Viginti Tres
[/i]
http://toolshed.down.net/news/

Cool...but no single until 2 weeks before the release? Pearl Jam comes out 5/2 also and they're already playing a song off it.