PDA

View Full Version : 26 game plan now 20 game plan?

PuffNettles9
12-27-05, 11:28 AM
Did anyone with a 26 game "pick a plan" get their 2006 invoice? I looked online and it looks like the 26 game plan is now a 20 "flex" game plan with no postseason tix guarantee, however you get to account holder post season pre-sale instead.

"Account Holder Postseason Pre-on-sale
All partial season Account Holders, with a seniority date of 2000 to present, whose current plans do not provide an option to purchase Postseason Tickets, will have an opportunity, subject to availability, to purchase Postseason individual game Tickets, online only, prior to any scheduled Postseason public on-sale."

Can someone verify im reading this correctly and not reading into the wording
that if you have a seniority date of 1999 or earlier that your plan is "grandfathered" do you still get your post season tix 1 game per round guaranteed?

20 game Flex plan (http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/ticketing/season_plans.jsp?content=flex)

yankeebot
12-27-05, 01:15 PM
You have it right. No guaranteed post-season tickets. You will be able to pick 20 games, as many tickets to each game that you want (each game can be a different number of seats) and you can pick from multiple seating areas. For example, you may choose to sit in the bleachers for 10 games and in a box for 10 games. I think it is going to s*ck so I am trying to upgrade to the Sunday plan.

PuffNettles9
12-27-05, 03:34 PM
works for me as ive had this plan since 1999, so i get 6 less games and STILL get the post season option of 1 game per round

CoyoteYankee
12-27-05, 03:35 PM
Yes. I haven't gotten anything in the mail from the Yankees yet but I'm really hoping that if you had the guaranteed post-season tickets in the past then we will still have them now. I will be pissed if they take away my tickets. Of course, I'll get them back by upgrading my package! :P

yanksrule69
12-27-05, 03:57 PM
I hadn't even looked to renew my plan yet but this new "flex" thing sucks. :enraged:

PuffNettles9
12-27-05, 04:36 PM
I called the tix office.....and surprise i got an answer!!

any pick a plan tix plans BEFORE 2000 will be grandfathered AND will still have the post season option --> 1 game per round

So basically 6 games less and still have the postseason option

JeffWeaverFan
12-27-05, 05:35 PM
I bought the 26 game package for the first time last year and just bought the 20 game package for this year. I assume this means I am not guarenteed postseason tickets?

PeteRFNY
12-28-05, 01:06 AM
I used to get the "Pick-a-Plan" back when it was only 15 games. They deleleted the 15-game version and replaced it with the 26-game Pick-a-Plan.

In it's place they added a 15-game flex thing. As with the 26-game thing, the post-season option was "grandfathered" in. This was back after 2000.

Born in the Bronx
12-28-05, 08:58 AM
This might be in the wrong thread, but I have Saturday plan tickets that I am thinking of selling for just this year. The seats are Tier MVP in section 612. It includes two tickets to every Saturday game except oldtimers day. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a message.

survelvn
12-29-05, 12:15 AM
There's a big link at the top of the season tickets page that says "You can now renew your seats for 2006." I have had the 16 game plan in the past...I click on the button and log into my account page, but there's no place to renew tickets, just to put down a deposit for new plans.

what am I supposed to be doing to get the 20 game ticket plan? I wish they'd be a little clearer...

sigh. dealing with the yankees ticket office is always so stressful.

ctan
12-29-05, 04:14 PM
There's a big link at the top of the season tickets page that says "You can now renew your seats for 2006." I have had the 16 game plan in the past...I click on the button and log into my account page, but there's no place to renew tickets, just to put down a deposit for new plans.

what am I supposed to be doing to get the 20 game ticket plan? I wish they'd be a little clearer...

sigh. dealing with the yankees ticket office is always so stressful.

I went through the same thing last year. I have the 26 game plan. Apparently with the old 16/26 plans and now the new flex plan, you can't manage things online the way the higher level plans can. When I called them last year about this same hting they told me not to worry and just to wait for the thing in the mail.

-ctan

survelvn
12-29-05, 09:14 PM
I went through the same thing last year. I have the 26 game plan. Apparently with the old 16/26 plans and now the new flex plan, you can't manage things online the way the higher level plans can. When I called them last year about this same hting they told me not to worry and just to wait for the thing in the mail.

-ctan

yep, that's just about what happened to me last year as well...I was hoping it would be different. so much for that...

Squid
01-10-06, 08:47 PM
OK, my buddy and I had been on the 26-game pick-a-plan since 2000, and now ours has become a 20-game Flex plan. (Unfortunately we got ours six months too late, so we're not grandfathered for playoff options, and we'll have to settle for the postseason pre-sale.)

Anyway, I got my official notices in the mail a couple days ago, and I also talked to a rep in the season ticket office, and here's what they said about picking the games and paying for them:

I DON'T have to pay for the plan by the Thursday deadline listed on the Yankees.com web site for season ticket holders.

Instead, I'm supposed to go online on Wednesday, Jan. 18, and pick my 20 games. Although my plan has previously been for two Tier Reserved seats to each game, I can now buy up to 10 seats for each game, and I can vary that number from game to game. I can also buy different price levels of seats for each game, provided they're still availalbe. So I can get, say, two Tier Reserved for one game, then three Tier Boxes for another, and so on. When I'm done picking all seats for all 20 games, I'll be able to charge the whole shebang on my credit card, all at once.

All that actually sounds pretty good, with more flexibility to take friends to various games and sometimes sit in different places. I've often wanted both those things, and the old plan couldn't provide them.

But I wonder a few things:

--Is all the information I received accurate? It's a new plan, so I wonder. And the written notice I got seemed to indicate that the number of seats for each game cannot vary between games. It was confusing. The ticket rep said several times that it CAN vary. So who knows.

--Will there still be good seats available if I want to upgrade for some games or take larger groups? If, in previous years, they were putting aside only enough seats to service us Pick-A-Plan people for a couple of seats per game, why would they suddenly have lots more available this year?

--Will their computer system really be able to handle such a big, complex set of transactions all at once, with multiple pricing levels, different numbers of seats, etc.?

Anybody else have any thoughts or additional info on the Flex plans?

Dr. Gonzo
01-10-06, 09:14 PM
that is in now way, difficult for the computer system to handle. I am also assuming the yanks have a solid reservations system that can do this, or ticketmaster does if they handle the back end.

CalYankeeFan
01-11-06, 03:36 AM
Just think about the mess when the New Stadium opens....less seats, probably worse seats for the average fan...

yanksrule69
01-11-06, 09:24 AM
This is BS that the new flex plan doesn't get postseason tickets. I'm probably going to have to bump my plan up to the 46-game plan, which I'm sure they intended to happen. This sucks.

Everytime I get Emails or notices in the mail I swear my account number and password change. Does this happen to anyone else? I had thought for presales and stuff they just made generic numbers up for everyone but on the stuff I just got in the mail it says a completely different account number than what it was in the past. Has anyone else's changed this year - maybe it's due to the new plan?

iodon
01-11-06, 09:55 AM
I just put my deposit down late last week for the 20 game plan. No one has contacted me yet to tell me when I can pick out my games, is that normal? Also, what do you think the availability will be like for the "good" games? The idea of this plan (post season aside) seems pretty good. Has everyone else been satisfied in the past with the selection of good games?

yankeebot
01-11-06, 10:21 AM
I just put my deposit down late last week for the 20 game plan. No one has contacted me yet to tell me when I can pick out my games, is that normal? Also, what do you think the availability will be like for the "good" games? The idea of this plan (post season aside) seems pretty good. Has everyone else been satisfied in the past with the selection of good games?General rules for new season ticket holders:

1.You will be last to hear from the ticket office.
2.You will usually get the games you want except possibly opening day and old-timers game.
3.You will not like your seats for premium games.
4.You will get over all the above and enjoy the games anyway.

I still stand by my original thoughts on the flex plan. It sucks. I hope to be proven wrong.

iodon
01-11-06, 10:41 AM
General rules for new season ticket holders:

1.You will be last to hear from the ticket office.
2.You will usually get the games you want except possibly opening day and old-timers game.
3.You will not like your seats for premium games.
4.You will get over all the above and enjoy the games anyway.

I still stand by my original thoughts on the flex plan. It sucks. I hope to be proven wrong.

Thanks for the candid reply. I'm not expecting miracles in regards to my seat locations. As long as I'm in the door, I'll be happy. And as long as there is a winning product on the field, I don't think I'll care about the drawbacks of the plan.

yanksrule69
01-11-06, 11:26 AM
I just put my deposit down late last week for the 20 game plan. No one has contacted me yet to tell me when I can pick out my games, is that normal? Also, what do you think the availability will be like for the "good" games? The idea of this plan (post season aside) seems pretty good. Has everyone else been satisfied in the past with the selection of good games?

I've had my plan for 2 years (this will be the third) and both last year and the first year I was really really late in picking my games. I got every game I marked as priority one both years. Yeah, some of the seats weren't the best in the stadium but none were really crappy.

In any event, don't expect anything from the Yankee ticket office. They don't care about anyone and they certainly are not helpful. They will make you wait until the last minute with no confirmations or replies but eventually you will get the tickets.

I can't express how pissed I am that they took away the guaranteed postseason tickets with this plan. :enraged: 20 games I could live with and would probably be better for me but NO POSTSEASON. GRRRRRr. :-po'd-: :-po'd-: :-po'd-:

Dr. Gonzo
01-12-06, 12:27 PM
when are we going to get called about our plans?