PDA

View Full Version : What would it take to get Prior ??

Yankyfan
12-22-05, 10:42 PM
What could we do to right a huge wrong? 8 years after we blew it by not parting with another 500,000 to sign Mark do we have enough to bring him to his rightfull place? Is this just a pipe dream ? We could start with Pavano ,Proctor and Duncan.I know it will cost more but any Idea's ? I ask this inlite of the Tejada rumor.

ICEBERG18
12-22-05, 10:46 PM
What could we do to right a huge wrong? 8 years after we blew it by not parting with another 500,000 to sign Mark do we have enough to bring him to his rightfull place? Is this just a pipe dream ? We could start with Pavano ,Proctor and Duncan.I know it will cost more but any Idea's ? I ask this inlite of the Tejada rumor.

PIPE DREAM.

Zimmers' Helmet
12-22-05, 10:47 PM
Philip Hughes, Eric Duncan, and Chien Ming Wang for starters.

Yankyfan
12-22-05, 10:48 PM
Ice your proably right but Imagine a Johnson/Prior combo ? Wow !!

YankeePride1967
12-22-05, 10:49 PM
Philip Hughes, Eric Duncan, and Chien Ming Wang for starters.

With emphasis on "for starters".

Evil Empire
12-22-05, 10:50 PM
I think our DL is already full, thank you.

Yankyfan
12-22-05, 11:05 PM
I see your point EE but I would take the gamble.

Yankee Bulldawg
12-22-05, 11:07 PM
good thoughts but i dont see this happening

Spiker101
12-22-05, 11:12 PM
You could do that deal tomorrow. All it would take would be ARod . I'm not sure what the rules are about players who waive their no-trade once. If it's waived once, is it forever lost? Don't know. If it's not deemed to be waived someone would have to pay ARod something to get him to waive it again. Could be done. Get it done, Cashman.

This is a quick reply, so I don't have access to any of those cute little smilie things. So I'll just have to say it. I'm being sarcastic. Extremely.

BJG
12-22-05, 11:13 PM
Miguel Tejada, apparently.

So, AROD and cash or Jeter and cash.

gdn
12-22-05, 11:33 PM
A time machine.

DandyAndy46
12-22-05, 11:34 PM
Maybe the Yankees could get Prior & Wood for Jeter, Giambi, A-Rod, Rivera, Joe Torre, Lefty Gomez, Babe Ruth, and a PTBNL

JDPNYY
12-22-05, 11:34 PM
Some sort of weapon.

DandyAndy46
12-22-05, 11:37 PM
Some sort of weapon.

WMD perhaps?

Shaun4013
12-22-05, 11:42 PM
too much

flymick24
12-23-05, 12:30 AM
A time machine.

good one

plus, better-behaved scouts

ChrisV82
12-23-05, 01:03 AM
I would trade Bubba Crosby, Andy Phillips and Aaron Small for Mark Prior. And if they took that trade, I would buy a lottery ticket while I was at it.

ZYanksRule
12-23-05, 01:22 AM
Cano, Wang, and prolly someone else.

Not doing it.

bigguygonz
12-23-05, 01:38 AM
I think the first thing they would need would be interest.

ANSKYcm
12-23-05, 01:47 AM
I would personally take one for the team and give my left nut for Prior, but with what its gonna take for the Yanks to get him is too much of a risk for a guy who cant stay off the DL. A trade for him would wipe out our minors all over again.

Vin
12-23-05, 01:57 AM
George Steinbrenner

bleachersown
12-23-05, 02:00 AM
me and a bag of chips

Boricua21
12-23-05, 02:01 AM
Steinbrenner, Cano, Wang and some vodka. :lol:

StatenIslandYankee
12-23-05, 02:10 AM
A time machine.
best answer of the thread .... heh

Sam18
12-23-05, 08:38 AM
Juan Pierre.

gdn
12-23-05, 09:35 AM
Either that or pictures of Jim Hendry bending over for a billion dollars.

brosiusbuddy
12-23-05, 10:20 AM
Apparently theres nothing we could trade for Prior seeing as how ESPNews relayed the Cubs message that Prior would not be traded.

stupidpunchline
12-23-05, 11:23 AM
An ounce of marijuana... that should make you hallucinate to the point where you'd believe Mark Prior in pinstripes could actually happen.

Blaze
12-23-05, 11:59 AM

LOL!!!!LOL!!!

How old are you?

Yankyfan
12-23-05, 12:32 PM
Blaze I have no clue as to why you would ask.

shutout
12-23-05, 12:44 PM
This won't happen. Nice idea of course buttuh... that'll take just our entire team. Winning with just 1 pitcher probably isn't going to happen ;)

Dr. Gonzo
12-23-05, 12:49 PM
he gets injured way to much,

Blaze
12-23-05, 12:54 PM
Blaze I have no clue as to why you would ask.

Cause it sounds like something a 12 yr old would think up.

Evil Empire
12-23-05, 01:34 PM
I see your point EE but I would take the gamble.

If they were shopping him cheaply, then sure I'd agree. But he'd cost way to much for someone who'll be on the DL half the year.

I'd rather just sign Clemens.

YankeeFan1
12-23-05, 02:10 PM
Alex Rodriguez.

JavyVazquezIsSick
12-23-05, 02:25 PM
Roofies, even then we probably can't keep him...

Kulish29
12-23-05, 02:28 PM
Stienbrenner's ship making company.

YankClipper5
12-23-05, 02:59 PM
He will cost WAY too much, considering they are asking for tejada and bedard for him. Beyond that he is too much oif an injury risk, no thanks!

Panamaniac42
12-23-05, 03:03 PM
Take Jim Hendry to a sex cruise on Lake Minnetonka.

JeterRodriguezSheff
12-23-05, 03:03 PM
We have absolutley nothing they would want. Why would they want Duncan when they have Lee who is a sure thing and a much better defender. Why would they want Hughes or Wang when they have Prior and Wood and Zambrano. After those 2 prospects we really have nothing other teams might want.

Yankyfan
12-23-05, 05:55 PM
Blaze, far fetched yes but not worthy of that comment.If someone posted the chances of getting A-Rod 2 years ago in March after being named team captain you might have made the same off the cuff comment and would have been wrong.1 in a million yes but you never know. :mad:

Blaze
12-23-05, 06:10 PM
Blaze, far fetched yes but not worthy of that comment.If someone posted the chances of getting A-Rod 2 years ago in March after being named team captain you might have made the same off the cuff comment and would have been wrong.1 in a million yes but you never know. :mad:

Dude, it's a ridiculous suggestion, and a waste of text. Prior is 25 and doesn't have an albatross of a contract thats a quarter of a billion dollars. I'm sorry to offend you but it's just ridiculous, and I'll say it now..it's never gonna happen, not by trade anyway.

IncredibleByNature
12-23-05, 06:12 PM
Ridiculous idea or not, there was no need for that comment.

Blaze
12-23-05, 06:15 PM
Ridiculous idea or not, there was no need for that comment.

relax, it's not like I was name calling.

Scout3434
12-23-05, 07:03 PM
There are some that believe that Prior's elbow is literally fall apart in the future. With his injury risk and what it would take, he's not worth it.

bakntime
12-23-05, 07:09 PM
relax, it's not like I was name calling.
From the Community Standards:

Respect Everyone's Opinion (http://www.nyyfans.com/communityStandards.php#4)
Please treat your fellow forumers with respect. Just because someone disagrees with another user's opinion doesn't give them the right to insult or otherwise demean someone. We want our users to feel comfortable posting their opinions, even unpopular ones, without fear that they will be slammed for it. No matter how crazy or outlandish an opinion is, it is still that user's opinion and they are entitled to it.

NewEraYanks2527
12-23-05, 07:45 PM
It would take far too much to get Prior and he can not stay healthy and that is a concern if you are giving up the farm for a guy.

Yankyfan
12-23-05, 07:54 PM
I'll respect your opinion Blaze but you could have put it out there in a different way.Waste of text is your opinion. Maybe just ignore it then.I hate to field comments like that because I feel there is no need to go that far.If face to face I would bet people wouldn't be that rude.Case closed.

Blaze
12-23-05, 08:11 PM
I'll respect your opinion Blaze but you could have put it out there in a different way.Waste of text is your opinion. Maybe just ignore it then.I hate to field comments like that because I feel there is no need to go that far.If face to face I would bet people wouldn't be that rude.Case closed.

Like I said, I didn't mean to offend you.

Yankyfan
12-23-05, 08:15 PM
No problem. Case closed. :P

Michaels07
12-23-05, 08:19 PM

Posada and Sheffield, but that`s just too much, DK the deal, Prior is an injury waiting to happen

MR STEINBRENNER 27
12-24-05, 03:10 AM
it would take more than we got. 0% Chance lock this baby up:-padlock-

BillBuckner
12-24-05, 11:29 AM
Take the Cubs GM to a few bars, buy him a lot of drinks, then let the negotiations begin.

Chairman-of-TheBoard
12-26-05, 06:13 PM
I refuse to part with Wang and Cano for an injury plagued NL arm. NO.

ppa79
12-26-05, 06:21 PM
The problem is we don't have a guy like Tejada to give to the Cubs.

aeromac76
12-26-05, 06:22 PM
I'd love Prior, but I just don't see it happening. I mean, Tejadam the centerpiece of the deal to get Prior for the Orioles, is a rather young perennial MVP candidate. Who do we have with that value? Arod maybe, and even if I cave and say the $$$ could be worked out, I would not deal Arod for Prior. Alternatively, it would take most of the farm system. Mark has had injury woes as well..
I don't think we'll get this to happen..

What scares me though is a rumor that has not been reported yet.
I have heard Manny for Tejada, and Tejada for Prior, just hope the Red Sox don't wake up and do a Prior for Manny deal.. That would make their staff diesel..

ppa79
12-26-05, 06:23 PM
I refuse to part with Wang and Cano for an injury plagued NL arm. NO.

I doubt that it will ever happen, but if you could get Prior for Wang and Cano the Yankees would do that in a heart beat.

The FUTURE
12-26-05, 06:42 PM
I doubt that it will ever happen, but if you could get Prior for Wang and Cano the Yankees would do that in a heart beat.

Why would we trade away Wang and Cano for a guy who is constantly injured??

We need to be asking ourselves how to get guys like Carlos Zambrano Ben Sheets or Barry Zito. And for the heck of it, here's realistic fantasy deal i made up :D .

For Zito: 3-team trade

NYY: LHP Barry Zito
PIT: RHP Shawn Chacon RHP Tanyon Sturtze RHP Christian Gracia
OAK: LHP Oliver Perez, RHP Tyler Clippard

For Sheets:

Trade Carl Pavano to LAD for Jonathan Broxton and Xavier Paul then try this deal:

NYY: RHP Ben Sheets
MIL: RHP Chien-Ming Wang RHP Phillip Hughes RHP Jonathan Broxton

For Zambrano: :dunno:

and let me just make this clear...I had to much free time...made these deals up myself...and im 99.9 % sure they would never happen, but hey we can all dream. But back on topic, We shouldnt give up some of our top prospects for a guy that hasnt proven he can make it through a season without getting hurt. If you want to deal away our prospects, its fine with me, just make sure its for young,proven guys like Sheets Zambrano and Zito or others like them. ;)

The FUTURE
12-26-05, 06:44 PM
For all the Wang,Chacon Hughes and Clippard lovers make sure you read the Bottom paragraph;)

surge511
12-26-05, 07:03 PM
Pettitte Zito and Mulder are all free agents after this year. We will wait on SP until then.

CptCrunch
12-26-05, 08:30 PM
What would it take to get Prior? Nothing short of a Festivus miracle.

JeterRodriguezSheff
12-26-05, 08:47 PM
A klondike bar

Yankyfan
12-26-05, 09:19 PM
Then Festivus for the rest of us. :D

Wolf In Pinstripes
12-26-05, 09:26 PM
It would take far too much to get Prior and he can not stay healthy and that is a concern if you are giving up the farm for a guy.

Agreed. I would hope that NY learned a lesson with Pavano that would keep them from chasing someone like Mark Prior. A history of DL time/injuries should have made us wiser regarding Pavano.

Same thing Toronto is going to learn from signing Burnett ... just watch. ;)

Sam18
12-26-05, 09:43 PM
A klondike bar

:lol:

jimmykey2
12-26-05, 10:18 PM
I'd love Prior, but I just don't see it happening. I mean, Tejadam the centerpiece of the deal to get Prior for the Orioles, is a rather young perennial MVP candidate. Who do we have with that value? Arod maybe, and even if I cave and say the $$$ could be worked out, I would not deal Arod for Prior. Alternatively, it would take most of the farm system. Mark has had injury woes as well..
I don't think we'll get this to happen..

What scares me though is a rumor that has not been reported yet.
I have heard Manny for Tejada, and Tejada for Prior, just hope the Red Sox don't wake up and do a Prior for Manny deal.. That would make their staff diesel..

It would take A-Rod.

Crusadecat
12-26-05, 10:30 PM
Maybe in the future, Prior could become a Yankee but I think the Cubs would be fools to deal him for anything less than Arod.

Dooley Womack
12-26-05, 11:00 PM
Something we can't afford and that's assuming the Cubs want anything we can offer.

BigBats
12-26-05, 11:20 PM
Let's not get carried away...

ppa79
12-27-05, 08:16 AM
Why would we trade away Wang and Cano for a guy who is constantly injured??

We need to be asking ourselves how to get guys like Carlos Zambrano Ben Sheets or Barry Zito. And for the heck of it, here's realistic fantasy deal i made up :D .

And Wang's never been injured??? He has had major arm surgery. Wang will never be as good as Prior. We don't know whats going to happen with Cano. He had a great rookie season, but his lack of patience worries me. It not like we are trading Cano and Wang for a bag of balls. Prior is one of the best young pitchers in the league.

JeterRodriguezSheff
12-27-05, 10:52 AM
And Wang's never been injured??? He has had major arm surgery. Wang will never be as good as Prior. We don't know whats going to happen with Cano. He had a great rookie season, but his lack of patience worries me. It not like we are trading Cano and Wang for a bag of balls. Prior is one of the best young pitchers in the league.

agreed with all of that but if we trade Cano and Wang(The cubs would want a lot more BTW) we still have a hole at second base, we would have 2 legit aces but its not like our rotation is bad right now.(although I would like one more quality pitcher)

Yankyfan
12-27-05, 01:26 PM
I understand the National league thing but I would never put Pavano in the class of a Prior .JMO.

yogibuck
12-27-05, 01:35 PM
I don't understand why some people fail to have vision.

There are stupid deals every year in baseball. Sure MAYBE the Yanks don't have anything the Cubs want.

Unless you are in the Cubs management, you don't have a clue.

While Prior's contract is still manageble, I would imagine that he will be eligible for arbitration at the latest, next season.

Who's the say the Cubs wouldnt take Pavano, Wang and say Duncan for Prior. Or Sheff, Wang and Duncan. Or throw in Hughes.

I'm not saying I make that deal, but I would certainly consider it for a top of the rotation starter. I'm not saying the Cubs would either.

But ANYTIME, a possible front of the rotation type guy comes along, the Yanks have to take a look.

Spaceboy88
12-27-05, 02:12 PM
How is New York Prior's rightful place? He turned down a contract with the Yankees. He had his chance and refused.

Yankyfan
12-27-05, 02:41 PM
Yogi b I agree.You never know.

The FUTURE
12-27-05, 02:56 PM

Did I say wang was better than Prior............no;)

Spaceboy88
12-27-05, 02:59 PM

Yes, and often the most injured! (I know, a lot of it is sh*t luck, but still!)
:P