PDA

View Full Version : Important News from Jim Caple

PaulieIsAwesome
12-21-05, 01:32 PM
I hope everyone is sitting down for this. This is shocking news, stunning me all the way down to the core:

Jim Caple (deep breath) does not like the New York Yankees.

Seriously, I'm ................ing sick of this guy. His last two articles (in the middle of a great football season, great college football, basketball, hockey, everything else) have been about the Yankees, or Yankees players. I'm not the biggest fan of the Damon signing, but his reasoning: because Damon is too individualist for this team is the worst I've ever heard.

And oh yeah, he still thinks it is May, because he acts as if it is well known that Giambi sucks. Hey asshole: OPS with the Yankees: 1.034, .939, .720, and .975. Not as good as his OAK numbers, but outside the 720, those are very good numbers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/051221

And oh yeah: his previous article --

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/offbase/051221

Blah blah, I hate A-Rod and will make fun of him, even though no one really cares about this story (heck, us crazy Yankee fans didn't care that much about it.)

StaceyRosie
12-21-05, 01:34 PM
He dissed Giambi?

That's it. Castrate him. Now.

RhodyYanksFan
12-21-05, 01:34 PM
Apparantly ESPN is even fed up with him, they won't even link his "story". :lol:

Evil Empire
12-21-05, 01:35 PM
Caple can kiss my....apple.

Uh, yeah.

domnyyfan
12-21-05, 01:43 PM
ESPN is filled with Red Sox loving trolls -- but come on the Caple article was funny. And, I'm not sure that I don't agree with his sentiments about players fitting into the Yankee mode. Players need to feel comfortable. I just hope that Damon does well with the Yanks.

RhodyYanksFan
12-21-05, 01:44 PM
Wow. That really wasn't as bashing as I'm used to from him. He actually tried to make points and have back up to his feelings instead of just rationalizing everything with "I hate the Yankees".

I still hate him though. He's made a career out of bashing the Yankees and owes everything to them. It the Yankees sucked he'd be out of a job.

KevinBaseball
12-21-05, 01:58 PM
He dissed Giambi?

Lets not castrate him, lets cut his balls off.

ChrisV82
12-21-05, 02:02 PM
People, people, people.

Do yourself a favor - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

ESPN is junk.

Panamaniac42
12-21-05, 03:09 PM
I'm getting close to wishing death on him but that's an awful thing to do so in lieu of that I shall be taking ChrisV82's advice and going over to cnnsi.com

I was pretty much DONE with ESPN this morning when I see the crap they push on their page like a big fat link to Dan "Boston Fan" Shanoff's 'Daily Quickie' aka the Yankee Hater page.

Mark19
12-21-05, 06:06 PM
Jim Caple is a worthless human being.

Yankee-hating is nothing new but he has no right to act as if he knows something about baseball or New York.

I wonder if he will be able to look at himself in the mirror in thirty years and realize that his life has meant absolutely nothing but a few childish editorials attacking the greatest sports franchise in American history. In the unlikely event that someone would be willing to procreate with him, how could he explain his life's work to his grandkids?

AlongCameAPrincess
12-21-05, 06:12 PM
He dissed Giambi?

I second that motion. :D

Kluivert4Ever
12-21-05, 06:33 PM
The best part of that article.
Look to your right.

Where it says:

Columnist
Jim
Caple
ALWAYS AN IDIOT

Sam18
12-21-05, 09:14 PM
No guys its all in our heads! ESPN does not hate the Yankees. We're just bitter about last year.

bleachersown
12-21-05, 09:37 PM
Caple talks about how Giambi was such a badass in Oakland and how the 'conservative' Yankees ruined his game. While I agree somewhat with the statement that Giambi sometimes doesn't show the 'edge' he had in Oakland as much in NY, when did Johnny Damon become the badass that Caple makes him out to be? Just because the guy grew out his hair, doesn't mean he's a badass. Does one think of Johnny Damon as a player who gives a pitcher mean stares while digging into batter's box as Giambi does? Not quite. Caple needs a clue.

mjdlight
12-21-05, 09:57 PM
I really don't get it...is this stuff supposed to be funny or something? It's painfully unfunny.

Simmons is anti-Yank, but he can make me laugh. But Caple is just...pathetic. He writes like a 12 year old. An unfunny 12 year old.

Panamaniac42
12-22-05, 12:48 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5188220

A nice bitter article from Kevin Hench. For those that don't know I believe Hench is one of Simmons' best friends. I guess Hench writes for foxsports.com because Simmons already has that "Poor Me Red Sox Fan" schtick locked down at espn.com. Funny though because foxsports also has that jackoff Dayn Perry, who, while semi-informed, is a total Red Sox shill.

So what I want to know is, why do these sports news organizations only have the "resident Sox fan" writing for them? Why not have a homer for every team? Or no homers at all? It's pathetic.

I stopped reading the article after the first paragraph:

Good riddance, Johnny Damon, self-proclaimed American idiot.

Though I suppose it was hardly unpredictable that the New York Yankees would overpay a star player as he heads into the decline phase of his career, I guess I thought Damon might be the one guy who could resist the siren call of Delilah.

What will it be, Hench? Let me guess, you want to have your cake and eat it, too? Just like Poopica?

You thought Damon "might be the one guy who could resist [The Yankees]". Yet the Yankees "overpaid a star player as he heads into the decline phase of his career". So let me get that straight - you were hopeful that Damon would return to the Red Sox...and if and only if he returned to the Red Sox, he would NOT be a "star player as he heads into the decline phase of his career."

F*ck all these morons and the people that employ them.

I quit reading espn.com & foxsports.com today for good. I highly recommend it. I'll be a cnnsi.com guy, so far I haven't seen any assclowns on there yet.

EDIT: P.S. - Just found this lol

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3753508
" Clement, Damon, Ortiz have helped save Sox"
Monday, July 11, 2005

Oh ok Henchy, in 5 months Johnny Damon has gone from Savior to washed up. Wow what a quick decline!

dabomb2045
12-22-05, 01:03 AM
I really don't get it...is this stuff supposed to be funny or something? It's painfully unfunny.

Simmons is anti-Yank, but he can make me laugh. But Caple is just...pathetic. He writes like a 12 year old. An unfunny 12 year old.

I know some people hate Simmons too....but I like him. The guy grew up in Boston...and roots for all the Boston teams, and is a DIE-HARD. I can respect that. You can see in his writing how he worships those teams...he is a true fan. I also happen to think he is entertaining, and a good writer.

Caple is just an ass. He is NOT a Red Sox fan...he just one of those loser Yankee haters. All he does is whine about payroll, how the Yankee fans are spoiled, how players are stupid for wanting to play here....yadda, yadda, yadda. He is a jealous hater. Simmons SHOULD hate the Yankees...after all, he is a Sox fan.

Caple?? he is just one of the many people out there who just hate the Yankees for no reason other then jealousy.

Stupid Flanders
12-22-05, 02:34 AM
Wait.. JIM Caple? James Caple? Is a Red Sox fan?

Someone please link me to a story or source that verifies this, because I for one am not buying.

ZYanksRule
12-22-05, 02:34 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa,

CLEMENT?????

Did they watch baseball last season??????????

Clive
12-22-05, 02:41 AM
He dissed Giambi?

That's it. Castrate him. Now.No argument here. Have a ball doing it. :2thumbs:

MisterNovember
12-22-05, 03:30 AM
I stopped getting upset about this crap a long time ago. If you ignore jackoffs like Jim Caple, they simply go away. They make their living on riling up hardcore fans...the best way to fight back is to just stop reading his articles.

HomeBrewRSFan
12-22-05, 09:28 AM
I think Caple is a Dodgers or Giants fan with an un-healthy hatred of the Yankees.

That being said, I don't think he was saying that Damon was a badass, but that Damon is going to lose individuality.

Part of what made Damon a cult-hero here in Boston is that he was the "anti-Yankee". He wore his hair long and didn't shave, he spoke up when he wanted to and loved being the front man for the media. There is not one commercial that Damon didn't like and he took a lot of heat off of the players that didn't want to talk to the media like Manny and Pedro.

With the Yankees he will no longer be the face of the team, will have to cut his hair and shave, and in essence will just become another ballplayer overshadowed by the likes of Jeter, A-Rod, Giambi etc...

mjdlight
12-22-05, 09:43 AM
That being said, I don't think he was saying that Damon was a badass, but that Damon is going to lose individuality.

Part of what made Damon a cult-hero here in Boston is that he was the "anti-Yankee". He wore his hair long and didn't shave, he spoke up when he wanted to and loved being the front man for the media. There is not one commercial that Damon didn't like and he took a lot of heat off of the players that didn't want to talk to the media like Manny and Pedro.

With the Yankees he will no longer be the face of the team, will have to cut his hair and shave, and in essence will just become another ballplayer overshadowed by the likes of Jeter, A-Rod, Giambi etc...

I think as long as Damon is allowed to speak, he's going to stand out in any clubhouse he's in, clean shaven or not. He's not A-rod when it comes to his quotes to the press, and I don't anticipate that changing.

HomeBrewRSFan
12-22-05, 09:47 AM
I think as long as Damon is allowed to speak, he's going to stand out in any clubhouse he's in, clean shaven or not. He's not A-rod when it comes to his quotes to the press, and I don't anticipate that changing.
Not baiting, but how many Yankees are allowed to speak in that clubhouse? The only quotes I usually see after games are from Jeter and Sheff (who is impossible to shut up).

mjdlight
12-22-05, 10:01 AM
Not baiting, but how many Yankees are allowed to speak in that clubhouse? The only quotes I usually see after games are from Jeter and Sheff (who is impossible to shut up).

I think Damon will prove to be as impossible to shut up as Sheff is. I also hope Damon can bring some looseness to the clubhouse. The Yanks are wound far, far too tight these days for their own good, and A-rod is the epitome of that problem.

ChrisV82
12-22-05, 10:18 AM
As often as the media is in the clubhouse (read: all the time), I can't imagine someone not having an audience to talk to. Damon will survive.

Just because Damon cut his hair doesn't make him some corporate baby boomer in a suit that sold out his 60's lifestyle for a comfortable pension. He's not Samson, he can still be himself.

bradu3303
12-22-05, 10:43 AM
I hope everyone is sitting down for this. This is shocking news, stunning me all the way down to the core:

Jim Caple (deep breath) does not like the New York Yankees.

Seriously, I'm ................ing sick of this guy. His last two articles (in the middle of a great football season, great college football, basketball, hockey, everything else) have been about the Yankees, or Yankees players. I'm not the biggest fan of the Damon signing, but his reasoning: because Damon is too individualist for this team is the worst I've ever heard.

And oh yeah, he still thinks it is May, because he acts as if it is well known that Giambi sucks. Hey asshole: OPS with the Yankees: 1.034, .939, .720, and .975. Not as good as his OAK numbers, but outside the 720, those are very good numbers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/051221

And oh yeah: his previous article --

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/offbase/051221

Blah blah, I hate A-Rod and will make fun of him, even though no one really cares about this story (heck, us crazy Yankee fans didn't care that much about it.)

Hey if you haven't noticed, it's the Yankees we're talking about. The general consensus is that you either love the Yanks, or hate 'em. Try not to get your panties in a bunch, just let the Yankees go out and play ball.

rivera,s cutter
12-22-05, 12:28 PM
who's jim caple

JDPNYY
12-22-05, 01:23 PM
who's jim caple

Read about him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_caple

mjdlight
12-22-05, 01:54 PM
Funny, that Wikipedia article does not contain the words "douche" and "bag". Just another example of why Wikipedia is not considered a credible source of information. :)

StaceyRosie
12-22-05, 03:49 PM
Funny, that Wikipedia article does not contain the words "douche" and "bag". Just another example of why Wikipedia is not considered a credible source of information. :)

You can edit it so it does. ;)

JDPNYY
12-22-05, 03:52 PM

Despite the absense of those key words, the article is pretty darn accurate.

crosetti
12-22-05, 04:06 PM
Why doesn't ESPN just go ahead and get it over with, once and for all...quit dancing around it, and just do it...change the name to RSPN...Red Sox Programming Network!

They clearly, unashamedly, and practically biasedly love the Red Sox.

I mean, come on, all they do is trash the Yankees up and down. Have you read "Page 2", or "The Sports Guy" or just about 9/10 of what is written on their site, or the whining on the so-called "blogs". They compare the Yankees to the Star Wars Empire, the Antichrist, the Third Reich, and the old Soviet Union! It's become downright nauseating.

How in the He&$ do you send them an e-mail, anyhow?

JfromJersey
12-22-05, 05:40 PM
Important news from Caple. Isn't that an oxymoron?
Speaking of morons, maybe it's time to just lighten up a bit on the Caple's and Lupica's of the world. I don't mind having the Yankees looked on as the evil empire. When they stop talking about us in those terms it means we're probably no longer a great team.

Steve Howe
12-22-05, 06:08 PM
The Caple article re: Damon was ridiculous.

Johnny Damon is exactly what the Yankees need--a fleet-footed lefty-hitting center fielder who will add some much-needed character to the clubhouse.

His Giambi comments were ludicrous. Giambi didn't know how to handle the big stage of NY, simple as that, but he's adjusted. I don't recall a certain other facial-haired, tattoo-covered party-animal (David Wells) suddenly starting to suck following a big move to the Bronx. Damon has handled big-pressure situations before, he'll be just fine.

It's a silly wind-up and a chance to preach a BS argument from his online soapbox. It's unnecessary, though--there has been and will be so much anger and tears coming from actual Red Sox fans that there's no need for Caple to troll. Reading the emails that Bill Simmons posted regarding Damon's move made my day.

sharoncass
12-24-05, 11:38 AM

I agree. If I remember correctly Damon was a pretty darn good player when he had short hair and no beard and played for the Royals. Those idiots would have you think that just because he is clean-shaven, cut his hair and doesn't play for the Red Sox anymore, that his career is over.

24Rickey
12-24-05, 12:47 PM
I think Damon has a better chance of changing the Yankee dugout, then the dugout has a chance of changing him.

Meaning I think for the most part the Yankee players all get a long, but I watch plenty of games where I am not sure they are having fun. Damon has his own way about him but I really think he will help the teams chemistry not hurt it. Damon isn't a superstar like Arod or Jeter, but I think he draws enough attention to himself that he can take some pressure off those guys.

I don't know what signing Damon for 4 years will mean to the team in 2009, but I do know as of right now he makes our team better and the Red Sox worse.

Francona said it best "You can spin this thing any way you want, but Damon going to the Yankees makes our job harder." WEEI

brosiusbuddy
12-24-05, 05:47 PM
Yeah, Jim Caple is right, those steroids that led to knee problems, very well likely could have read to the pituitary (growth) gland tumor, caused him disgrace in national spotlight and could have finished his career had contracts not contained certain clauses really helped Giambi's career out.

brosiusbuddy
12-24-05, 05:53 PM
Jim Caple has a website, jimcaple.com, where a link is offered to 'Contact Jim.' Well, I did contact Jim and this is what I said:

Hi Jim!

In response to your article "Damon Still an Idiot," I say Caple is an idiot.

To actually post that steroids have helped Giambi's career as well as to suggest that hair dos have anything to do with player success is trash.

I suggest if anyone else here can't stand the guy, let him know about it. I'm sure he gets a ton of dimwit Sox fans telling him how clever he is and he should get a dose of reality.

NYYBombshell
12-24-05, 05:56 PM
Jim Caple = http://www.zuckermanpharmacy.com/images/products/big/34579.jpg

keithf1
12-24-05, 08:07 PM
What kind of person makes a living off of things like this?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0452285984/jimcaplecom-20/002-6100270-3971237

Steve Howe
12-24-05, 08:55 PM
Better yet, what kind of an idiot buys something like that?

Caple might be a douchebag but I guess he's smart enough to profit from mindless fools.

ericns1
12-24-05, 11:30 PM
From now on who cares about Jim Caple?

CoyoteYankee
12-25-05, 10:48 AM

All the players are allowed to speak in the clubhouse and a lot are interviewed after the game. However the quotes published in the papers are probably usually Jeter because, well, he's the captain and I guess you could say he is the "face" of the Yankees and Sheff because to the media his quotes are just so damn good! I'm sure they print a lot of A-Rod quotes too.

BillBuckner
12-25-05, 11:05 AM
Damn, I thought the big news was going to be that he finally decided to kill himself.

hellonewman
12-25-05, 11:17 PM
I stopped getting upset about this crap a long time ago. If you ignore jackoffs like Jim Caple, they simply go away. They make their living on riling up hardcore fans...the best way to fight back is to just stop reading his articles.Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Caple plays this bunch (NYYFans) like a violin. I almost have a grudging admiration for how he's consistently able to get you guys to take the bait ... and increase his Web hits in the process.

Panamaniac42
02-09-06, 03:34 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/pg2/2006/0209/photo/caple_412.jpg

Is Caple playing the role of Ace or Gary?

Mark19
02-09-06, 04:02 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/pg2/2006/0209/photo/caple_412.jpg

Is Caple playing the role of Ace or Gary?

I hope one of the runners on his luge breaks off and he gets some face time with a wall of ice.

Panamaniac42
02-09-06, 10:15 PM
I hope one of the runners on his luge breaks off and he gets some face time with a wall of ice.

If you had the chance to fight one person, would you choose Caple or Affleck?

I'd go for Affleck.

Mark19
02-09-06, 10:21 PM

I'd go for Affleck.

Caple, he is way more annoying

brosiusbuddy
02-09-06, 10:29 PM

I'd go for Affleck.

Imagine all the bite marks, pulled hair and slaps there'd be if the two fought eachother.

MisterNovember
02-10-06, 08:43 AM

I'd go for Affleck.

Shatner. I'd fight William Shatner.

;)

Panamaniac42
03-15-06, 07:10 PM
Caple please please please PLEASE kill yourself. I will be here to celebrate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/offbase/060315&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos2

Then there's George Steinbrenner, who talks a good game by playing "God Bless America" during each and every seventh inning stretch, serving on the U.S. Olympic Committee, and illegally donating money to secret presidential slush funds.

"C'mon, you [expletive], pinstriped turncoat," Americans shouted at their TV screens. "For once -- just once -- in your soulless, empty life, get a hit in the clutch you greedy, insincere, two-faced, overpaid fraud!"

<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="1" width="5"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="5"></td></tr></tbody></table>

NYYBombshell
03-15-06, 07:27 PM
"C'mon, you [expletive], pinstriped turncoat," Americans shouted at their TV screens. "For once -- just once -- in your soulless, empty life, get a hit in the clutch you greedy, insincere, two-faced, overpaid fraud!"<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="1" width="5"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="5"></td></tr></tbody></table>

I want Alex to go on national television, bend over, pull his pants down and tell Caple to kiss his ass.

Panamaniac42
03-15-06, 07:39 PM
I want Alex to go on national television, bend over, pull his pants down and tell Caple to kiss his ass.

I want Alex to purchase Caple's life and have him locked under the seat of a Porta John on 161st and River.

yankeesAZ
03-15-06, 09:57 PM
Email Caple. I got a response from him last year.

ericns1
03-15-06, 10:55 PM
You mean he knows how to type and spell?

yankeesAZ
03-16-06, 12:26 AM
You mean he knows how to type and spell?

Computers do wonders with spell checking, even for Caple.

Might be fun to email him a direct link to this thread :bad:

Panamaniac42
03-16-06, 01:35 AM

I have nothing nice to say to him. I really don't feel like dealing with the FBI.

Panamaniac42
03-16-06, 01:36 AM
Computers do wonders with spell checking, even for Caple.

Might be fun to email him a direct link to this thread :bad:

nah it will show "how immature the Yankee fans are"...that f*cker

me venting about my hatred of him in private is ok...anytime someone lets him know they hate him he probably gets a boner and is inspired to write more trash.

NYYBombshell
03-16-06, 02:27 AM
I have nothing nice to say to him. I really don't feel like dealing with the FBI.

:lol: :lol:

I love how he thinks he speaks for all Yankee fans.

noneckwilliams
03-17-06, 12:07 PM
Why doesn't ESPN just go ahead and get it over with, once and for all...quit dancing around it, and just do it...change the name to RSPN...Red Sox Programming Network!

They clearly, unashamedly, and practically biasedly love the Red Sox.

I mean, come on, all they do is trash the Yankees up and down. Have you read "Page 2", or "The Sports Guy" or just about 9/10 of what is written on their site, or the whining on the so-called "blogs". They compare the Yankees to the Star Wars Empire, the Antichrist, the Third Reich, and the old Soviet Union! It's become downright nauseating.

How in the He&$ do you send them an e-mail, anyhow?

I was getting a lot of anti-Yankee vibes from Carl Ravitch when he did the games earlier this week. That said I think Harold Reynolds is a Yankees fan.

BRNXBMRS
03-17-06, 01:15 PM
I havent been to ESPN's web site in almost 3 years. There is such anti-Yankee bias there I want to puke. I laugh at the "Evil Empire" quotes, but to compare them to the Third Reich is a little extreme. But if they write some anti-Yankee propaganda the author knows that a lot of people are going to read his article.

Panamaniac42
03-17-06, 03:08 PM
I havent been to ESPN's web site in almost 3 years. There is such anti-Yankee bias there I want to puke. I laugh at the "Evil Empire" quotes, but to compare them to the Third Reich is a little extreme. But if they write some anti-Yankee propaganda the author knows that a lot of people are going to read his article.

Yep I "gave up" espn.com (although i have been using it for the NCAA tourney challenge this month).

I'm a "cnnsi.com" guy now. Don't like the cbs site and foxports.com has a redsox flavor to it as well.

Yankeeah
03-19-06, 12:48 PM

Whats his email, if you cant put it here, PM it to me, please.

bagger015
03-19-06, 02:23 PM
Important and Jim Caple should never be used in the same sentence..........maybe the thread title should read impotent............:P ;)

ericns1
03-19-06, 04:28 PM
Just don't read his site anymore and wish him luck in his quest for a brain