PDA

View Full Version : Deal or No Deal

JfromJersey
12-19-05, 09:08 PM
Pretty cool new game show on NBC tonight. Anyone see it?

yankeeschic12324
12-19-05, 09:10 PM
I did...I didn't know it was a new show though...:dunno:

I most likely will not be tuning in much more though...:o

NYYBombshell
12-19-05, 09:12 PM
NBC should focus on getting some more quality programming to get out of the ratings cellar.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-19-05, 10:07 PM
I bet this got hire ratings than the rest of the trash they broadcast

I'm not gonna lie, it the show is better than Friends, but thats not saying much

BroadwayBomber55
12-19-05, 10:10 PM
I only watch the show to see the models. They're pretty.

It's only a week-long event.

BroadwayBomber55
12-19-05, 10:15 PM
Rules from NBC:

The rules are simple. Choose a briefcase. Then as each round progresses, you must either stay with your original briefcase choice or make a "deal" with the bank to accept its cash offer in exchange for whatever dollar amount is in your chosen case.

Once you decide to accept or decline the bank's offer, the decision is final.

Contestants are encouraged to ask friends or family in the audience for advice; however, only the contestant's answer will be considered binding and final.

BroadwayBomber55
12-19-05, 10:16 PM
Some of the models have been in magazines like Maxim - Marisa and TV personalities - Bonnie-Jill

RhodeyYankee2638
12-19-05, 10:16 PM
I was yelling at my TV this evening. How dumb was that lady to not take $140,000

BroadwayBomber55
12-19-05, 10:18 PM
I was yelling at my TV this evening. How dumb was that lady to not take $140,000

The reactions from the contestants are very priceless.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-19-05, 10:20 PM
The reactions from the contestants are very priceless.

There stupidity is also priceless. 1/6 chance at $500,000 is not good, especially when they lay out $140 grand

BroadwayBomber55
12-19-05, 10:25 PM
There stupidity is also priceless. 1/6 chance at $500,000 is not good, especially when they lay out $140 grand

That's crazy. 1/6 to win $500,000 vs. 5/6 of winning less than that? Take the deal.

You should play the online interactive game. The highest I ever scored is $400,000 bucks interactive.

StaceyRosie
12-20-05, 08:00 AM
NBC should focus on getting some more quality programming to get out of the ratings cellar.

Why don't you come and work here and try and do it?

;)

RhodyYanksFan
12-20-05, 08:19 AM
Wasn't this show on in the 70's and called "Lets Make a Deal". Hey Stacey, what happened to all the creative people over at NBC, budget cuts? ;)

StaceyRosie
12-20-05, 08:40 AM
Wasn't this show on in the 70's and called "Lets Make a Deal". Hey Stacey, what happened to all the creative people over at NBC, budget cuts? ;)

I'm not in the right department. We'd have better ratings if I were in charge.

RhodyYanksFan
12-20-05, 08:47 AM
I'm not in the right department. We'd have better ratings if I were in charge.

I think some of your show ideas would have a hard time getting past the censors ;)

Torturing Kim Jones isn't ready for prime time America.

gdn
12-20-05, 08:48 AM
I saw this last night - the guy was offered $7000, but still had $1mil on the board. He rejected it. It could get interesting. I don't like the set, though. It's garrish and poorly done. Turned me off.

StaceyRosie
12-20-05, 08:53 AM
I think some of your show ideas would have a hard time getting past the censors ;)

Torturing Kim Jones isn't ready for prime time America.

A guy from YES is coming over to our Sports department. He starts next week. Once I get to know him I am going to yell at him about the Ultimate Road Trip sham. ;)

RhodyYanksFan
12-20-05, 08:54 AM
A guy from YES is coming over to our Sports department. He starts next week. Once I get to know him I am going to yell at him about the Ultimate Road Trip sham. ;)

NBC still has a Sports department?

gdn
12-20-05, 08:55 AM
NBC still has a Sports department?For figure skating (which I like, btw).

StaceyRosie
12-20-05, 08:58 AM
We're getting football douches....

NYYfan24
12-20-05, 08:58 AM
I watched .... (actually more like listened to it..while making cookies! :D )
I thought it was very interesting. I would have taken the $138,000.00! They needed money to buy a house...that would have gone a long way to a down payment! :)

RhodyYanksFan
12-20-05, 09:04 AM
We're getting football douches....

Despite your best efforts ;)

gdn
03-01-06, 10:39 AM
This show is ridiculously addictive. I watched it a couple of nights ago and the guy made off with $359,000.

Wow.

NYYfan24
03-01-06, 10:41 AM
This show is ridiculously addictive. I watched it a couple of nights ago and the guy made off with $359,000.

Wow.

I agree. I've be skipping between this and American Idol...thanks to Tivo! Weird how simple this show is and how addictive it can be!

gdn
03-01-06, 10:47 AM
I agree. I've be skipping between this and American Idol...thanks to Tivo! Weird how simple this show is and how addictive it can be!The contestants don't really have to do ANYTHING and EVERYBODY walks off with some money. Amazing.

Panamaniac42
03-01-06, 10:52 AM
i haven't watched this week...for some reason it hasn't attracted my interest like the first time around when I was glued to the tv.

i think they came back with it too quick.

gdn
03-01-06, 10:54 AM
The drama, OH the drama! Does anyone know what the lowest winning has been thus far? The highest?

Arod for President
03-01-06, 11:10 AM
I bet this got hire ratings than the rest of the trash they broadcast

I'm not gonna lie, it the show is better than Friends, but thats not saying much

Amen Brotha!

Yankeeah
03-01-06, 12:12 PM
The girl last night who ended up with 5 bucks got what she deserved. She should have settled much earlier. She was ok when they were knocking out the big numbers and kept saying thats ok.

NYYfan24
03-01-06, 12:35 PM
The drama, OH the drama! Does anyone know what the lowest winning has been thus far? The highest?

Last night...$5
The night before $359,000.00

I think that's the high and low!

gdn
03-01-06, 12:37 PM
Last night...$5
The night before $359,000.00

I think that's the high and low!Wasn't there a guy on the first run who was down to two suitcases and they contained 500K and 700K. I think he swapped and got the lower of the two, but that's still 500K.

$5!?!?! That's horrid.

Random
03-01-06, 01:45 PM
This show is a great way to analyze risk tolerance and other economic concepts. Anyone know of a site that has all the stats, round by round?

I'd be really interested in seeing the calculation that they use to give their offer. It's clearly less than the expected value, but beyond that I haven't been able to figure the formula. But, I'd like to study it if anyone knows a place that has all the data.

NYYfan24
03-01-06, 01:51 PM
Wasn't there a guy on the first run who was down to two suitcases and they contained 500K and 700K. I think he swapped and got the lower of the two, but that's still 500K.

$5!?!?! That's horrid.

Could be the $500K or more..I forgot about that. Yeah, the woman who won $5 took it well...she had a chance at $80K :eek:

NYYfan24
03-01-06, 01:51 PM
This show is a great way to analyze risk tolerance and other economic concepts. Anyone know of a site that has all the stats, round by round?

I'd be really interested in seeing the calculation that they use to give their offer. It's clearly less than the expected value, but beyond that I haven't been able to figure the formula. But, I'd like to study it if anyone knows a place that has all the data.

Ouch! All that economic thinking makes my head hurt! ;) :lol:

RhodyYanksFan
03-01-06, 02:43 PM
How is this different from "Lets make a deal" from the 70's?

NYYfan24
03-01-06, 03:05 PM
How is this different from "Lets make a deal" from the 70's?

Similar, I guess, but even simpler. There's 25 or 26 suitcases with $$ amounts from $.01-$1,000,000 (or in the current game $1,500,000.00).

The player picks a suitcase for themselves. Then one by one they pick the others...When the "model" opens each suitcase, the $$ amounts that's inside that suitcase comes off the board...a banker offers to buy player's suitcase for $$ that varies, by the denomination left on the board. i.e. high $$ amounts on the board...high offer from the banker.

If the player choses the deal...they get whatever the banker offers. If they decide to keep the original suitcase...they have no deal. They keep playing until it gets to two suitcases or they take the deal. They either end up with the banker's offer....or whatever is in "their" suitcase.

Clear as mud? ;)

TannerBoyle
03-01-06, 04:18 PM
Bill Simmons referred to it as 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire" for people with IQ's below 75. Haven't seen it yet besides a few commercials, but it doesn't sound too promising.

RhodyYanksFan
03-01-06, 04:29 PM
Bill Simmons referred to it as 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire" for people with IQ's below 75. Haven't seen it yet besides a few commercials, but it doesn't sound too promising.

He also said it was super addicting. I'm not going to watch because I don't have time for another show.

Big_E
03-01-06, 05:39 PM
The woman who won $5 last night is officially the dumbest woman in America.

NYYRules#1
03-01-06, 06:18 PM
The woman who won $5 last night is officially the dumbest woman in America.

She is a total idiot. I don't feel bad for her. She deserved getting nothing, she was a greedy idiot.

These people need to learn not to listen to the audience, and even not to listen to their families sometimes. The audience will always say no deal, and most of their families I've noticed have no fiscal prudence either.

NelsonMuntz
03-01-06, 09:05 PM
He also said it was super addicting. I'm not going to watch because I don't have time for another show.
After seeing this thread today, I decided to check out the show tonight. I have to admit, it does suck you in once you start watching. And the models are just silly. Where did they find all of those hotties.

OxDiesel
03-01-06, 11:07 PM
i haven't watched this week...for some reason it hasn't attracted my interest like the first time around when I was glued to the tv.

i think they came back with it too quick.

Get ready to see it again come May.
They'll probably keep trotting it out for a week during each sweeps month.
The show is visual crack -- VERY addicting...

BronxBaumer
03-02-06, 02:27 AM
And that Harvey Kitel is quite the looker :P

NYDCYankee
03-02-06, 02:45 AM
After seeing this thread today, I decided to check out the show tonight. I have to admit, it does suck you in once you start watching. And the models are just silly. Where did they find all of those hotties.

I think they changed the models this run from the run they did Christmastime. The ones they have now are muuuuuch better.

Big_E
03-02-06, 05:35 AM
I think they changed the models this run from the run they did Christmastime. The ones they have now are muuuuuch better.
Some of the girls are the same, because I remember Sarah from last time (because it's my daughter's name).

NYDCYankee
03-02-06, 05:46 AM
Some of the girls are the same, because I remember Sarah from last time (because it's my daughter's name).

But a lot are different though right? Or am I mistaken?

Big_E
03-02-06, 05:58 AM
But a lot are different though right? Or am I mistaken?
Dunno...Sarah is the only one I ever really remembered. ;)