PDA

View Full Version : Billy Joel Tickets

NYYJeter2
12-15-05, 06:27 PM
HI....just wondering did anyone order tickets through the Yankees for season ticket holders for Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden? If so , did you get your tickets...we are waiting. Called the Yankees who told me to call TIcketmaster and they had no clue. THought we would have gotten them by now...

BW51
12-15-05, 06:29 PM
i did, but i just did it on like sunday or monday, so i didn't really expect them for a few more days at the least

yanksrule69
12-16-05, 08:27 AM
I sent it to one of my friends who wanted them and she faxed it in the day that I got the Email. She still hasn't heard anything.

YankeePride1967
12-16-05, 08:05 PM
Ticketmaster for whatever reason does not send the tickets out until a few weeks prior to the show. I ordered tickets to two shows (2/2 at MSG and 3/10 at Hartford) and haven't received them. The 2/2 ones I got on Nov. 19. I wouldn't worry.

premct
12-19-05, 11:40 AM
I haven't heard anything and I bought 8 tickets through that pre-order thing. Hopefully we will hear something soon (I heard we will find about by 12/23, which is this Friday)

premct
12-25-05, 10:38 AM
BUMP...anyone else find out anything about the pre-order of Billy Joel tickets exclusive to Yankee ticket holders? I guess they were supposed to let us know by Dec 23, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Mean Linguine
12-27-05, 11:48 AM
Haven't heard anything, either. What a bizarre way to handle tickets. I'm starting to think it would have just been easier to go through ticketmaster when they added new shows. I got a pair for my wife as part of her Christmas present and two days after Xmas I still don't know where the seats are, what show they will be for, or if the tickets have even been processed.

NYYJeter2
12-27-05, 08:03 PM
Just to let you know, we checked our online credit card account and the tickets were just charged to our account We are hoping to get then soon and they better be good seats. ALso can't wait to find out which show they are for.

Mean Linguine
12-28-05, 11:29 AM
Just to let you know, we checked our online credit card account and the tickets were just charged to our account We are hoping to get then soon and they better be good seats. ALso can't wait to find out which show they are for.

Thanks for the update. Again, what an odd way to handle things. It's 26 days before the first show and we still have no idea where our seats are -- or even if the Jan. 23 show is the one we are attending.

Mean Linguine
12-30-05, 11:51 AM
Update for NYYJeter2: I received my tickets today. They are for the show on Monday, Feb. 27, and they are at the far end of the floor, Section 36.

BW51
12-30-05, 01:31 PM
I got mine today too...for February 25

Arod for President
12-30-05, 09:48 PM
god I hate Billy Joel

NYYJeter2
12-30-05, 10:03 PM
We got our tickets today too...our tickets are for March 2nd...section 225...we sat around there for Elton John and they were pretty good....

Bub
12-31-05, 07:57 AM
We got our tickets today too...our tickets are for March 2nd...section 225...we sat around there for Elton John and they were pretty good....We saw John and Joel last year as they did a tour together. It was a great show, and Joel particularly had a lot of energy and sang well....considering his age and his obvious disregard for the well-being of his liver.

Mean Linguine
12-31-05, 04:48 PM
god I hate Billy Joel

Thanks for sharing. That's pretty funny that you felt it necessary to write that post in a thread that was obviously for Billy Joel fans -- or in my case, the husband of a Billy Joel fan.
In fact, just to show how clever I am, I think I'll go interrupt the Creed thread in Just Conversation.

YankeePride1967
01-08-06, 10:15 AM
Just a heads up for those going to see Billy. Don't expect to see a greatest hits show. Here is the set list from his first show in Florida last night:

1. Piano Man
2. Everybody Loves You Now
3. Miami 2017
4. Laura
5. Allentown
6. New York State of Mind
7. Stiletto
8. Zanzibar
9. Great Wall of China
10. All For Leyna
11. Sometimes A Fantasy
12. Sleeping With The Television On
13. She's Right On Time
14. Movin' Out
15. The Night Is Still Young
16. Big Man on Mulberry Street
17. Where's the Orchestra?
18. Keeping the Faith
19. I Go To Extremes
20. We Didn't Start The Fire
21. Big Shot
22. You May Be Right

Encore
23. The River of Dreams
24. Only The Good Die Young
25. Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
26. Famous Last Words

Mean Linguine
01-09-06, 01:29 PM
Just a heads up for those going to see Billy. Don't expect to see a greatest hits show. Here is the set list from his first show in Florida last night:

1. Piano Man
2. Everybody Loves You Now
3. Miami 2017
4. Laura
5. Allentown
6. New York State of Mind
7. Stiletto
8. Zanzibar
9. Great Wall of China
10. All For Leyna
11. Sometimes A Fantasy
12. Sleeping With The Television On
13. She's Right On Time
14. Movin' Out
15. The Night Is Still Young
16. Big Man on Mulberry Street
17. Where's the Orchestra?
18. Keeping the Faith
19. I Go To Extremes
20. We Didn't Start The Fire
21. Big Shot
22. You May Be Right

Encore
23. The River of Dreams
24. Only The Good Die Young
25. Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
26. Famous Last Words

Looks like a good list.

YankeePride1967
01-09-06, 04:21 PM
Looks like a good list.

I agree, I think anyone that is really into Billy Joel and listens to all his music will love it. The ones though that are looking for Just the Way You Are and the hits may be a bit lost.