PDA

View Full Version : AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

LilChief
12-07-05, 07:28 AM
Some of you may remember our friends baby going to Pittsburg for a liver transplant from his Mother last March. He had been doing fairly well, but not well enough to return home yet, so he and his Mom have been living at the Ronald McDonald house near the hospital so he could go in and out for whatever treatments he still needed. His Dad would work all week, and then drive down there every weekend (8hrs each way) or any time there was something going on. When his Dad was here last week he said he had a few minor issues, but nothing serious...
I got the most horrifying email last night....Aidan is in Intensive care !!! Apparently he took a sudden and drastic turn for the worse. His lungs keep filling with fluids and he was bleeding from everywhere...(I'm getting this 2nd hand from his Mom's best friend) He is intubated and semi-comatose, but I'm not sure if that is sedation or medical. I am expecting another update later today, hopefully with better news.

Please say a prayer, or send whatever good thoughts you can to this poor little baby boy...he has been through so very much for the past year, as has his family. He has to pull through!!!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

LilChief
12-07-05, 07:53 AM
If anyone wants to read Aidan's webpage and his Mom's journal of the past year...here's the link

http://www2.caringbridge.org/hi/aidan/index.htm

Pics of the little cutie too...

PalmerGA
12-07-05, 08:19 AM
This is sad news indeed, LilChief. That little guy has been through so much. My sincere prayers that God's will be done... hopefully, for a swift recovery. God bless.

Irabu's Son
12-07-05, 08:48 AM
I don't even know what to say, except to extend my prayers and deepest sympathies to Aidan and his family...

PinstripePride
12-07-05, 09:02 AM
Prayers have been sent he and his family's way. God Bless. :(

NJ Fan
12-07-05, 09:10 AM
Aw, Steph. I feel so badly for Aidan, his parents and loved ones. I will pray for him....the little cutie-pie! Those are great photos of him on that site!

Hang tough, little guy!

NYYfan24
12-07-05, 10:06 AM
Oh that poor family. He just turned two...how sad. :( They will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

krystl
12-07-05, 10:14 AM
What a precious little boy. He must be very brave to be going through all that.

I am sending along my prayers and wishes to Aidan and his family that he gets through this.

GiambiRocks
12-07-05, 10:23 AM
I am sending them thoughts of love and strength. I pray that His will be done and for courage to face the challenges that the next few days will bring this child and his family.

LilChief
12-07-05, 10:52 AM
Thanks everyone...keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming...I am so sick over this news, I just want to cry! :( I keep checking my email for an update but don't expect one until at least later this evening...I'll post an update if I get one.

Hang in there Aidan! You've fought so hard for so long little guy!

JDPNYY
12-07-05, 10:55 AM
I'm praying for him (& his family as well) Steph.

stephsamps
12-07-05, 11:35 AM
That is such sad news. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. He is way too young to have to go through this.

ritaylnil
12-07-05, 12:23 PM
I'll pray for him and his family. It boggles the mind what some people have to go through! :(

Buckeye Yank
12-07-05, 12:38 PM
As a parent I can't imagine what your friends are going through. I've said many prayers for Aidan & the family and will continue to do so. Hopefully your next e-mail from them will be good news!!!! Those pictures of him are absolutely ADOREABLE!!!

LilChief
12-07-05, 12:45 PM
As a parent I can't imagine what your friends are going through. I've said many prayers for Aidan & the family and will continue to do so. Hopefully your next e-mail from them will be good news!!!! Those pictures of him are absolutely ADOREABLE!!!

I have to see if I still have copies of the pics from when he was on his way to Pittsburgh...with his full head of beautiful blond curls...I bought him a puzzle of his name when I was in London this summer, and his Dad said he playd with it all the time and can "spell" his name easily now ( has memorized how to put it together.)...

Waiting for news feels like forever....:(

Tifoso
12-07-05, 01:53 PM
Some of you may remember our friends baby going to Pittsburg for a liver transplant from his Mother last March. He had been doing fairly well, but not well enough to return home yet, so he and his Mom have been living at the Ronald McDonald house near the hospital so he could go in and out for whatever treatments he still needed. His Dad would work all week, and then drive down there every weekend (8hrs each way) or any time there was something going on. When his Dad was here last week he said he had a few minor issues, but nothing serious...
I got the most horrifying email last night....Aidan is in Intensive care !!! Apparently he took a sudden and drastic turn for the worse. His lungs keep filling with fluids and he was bleeding from everywhere...(I'm getting this 2nd hand from his Mom's best friend) He is intubated and semi-comatose, but I'm not sure if that is sedation or medical. I am expecting another update later today, hopefully with better news.

Please say a prayer, or send whatever good thoughts you can to this poor little baby boy...he has been through so very much for the past year, as has his family. He has to pull through!!!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

My God. :(

Will pray. Please keep us posted.

LilChief
12-07-05, 08:34 PM
Oh Dear God....this is not looking good at all....:(

I just finished IMing with Aidan's Mom's best friend here, who has been handling all of the fundraising and updates. She told me that Aidan's kidneys are failing and he's heavily sedated now. Her sense is that this may all be over in a few hours to a few days...I pray that by some miracle, this poor little baby can pull out of this and recover.

Keep praying everyone, it's all we can do at this point...I just can't believe that after being there for 9 months. and expecting to be home for Christmas, that this has turned so critical in such a short time...

I'll keep you all posted as I hear any more...:(

Barb51850
12-07-05, 08:52 PM
This is so sad. Such a courageous little boy. God be with him. He and his family are in my prayers tonight.

Hugs to you,
Barb

ALR83
12-07-05, 09:00 PM
Aww he is so precious. My God what an awful situation, I really hope things turn out good. So unfair for such an innocent baby to be going through this. :(

krystl
12-07-05, 09:10 PM
Sorry to hear it looks like things have gotten worse. I hope and pray that he can fight this, but at 2 years old, it must be extremely difficult. Poor little guy. I feel for his parents. I cannot imagine what they must be feeling.

Sending more prayers his way.
I am also praying that the next update will be better news.

yankeesfaninaz
12-07-05, 09:15 PM
i wish the little guy the very best. what sad news.

Luvtino
12-07-05, 10:03 PM
Poor little baby doll. :( Aidan and his family will be very much in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he pulls through. :(

LilChief
12-08-05, 07:05 AM
No news yet this morning, hoping no noews is good news...

Trish
12-08-05, 07:24 AM
Oh Dear God....this is not looking good at all....:(

I just finished IMing with Aidan's Mom's best friend here, who has been handling all of the fundraising and updates. She told me that Aidan's kidneys are failing and he's heavily sedated now. Her sense is that this may all be over in a few hours to a few days...I pray that by some miracle, this poor little baby can pull out of this and recover.

Keep praying everyone, it's all we can do at this point...I just can't believe that after being there for 9 months. and expecting to be home for Christmas, that this has turned so critical in such a short time...

I'll keep you all posted as I hear any more...:(
The poor little guy. It's so heartbreaking to watch a little sweet baby suffer like that. And no parent should have to endure watching it.

I'll keep them all in my prayers.

CptCrunch
12-08-05, 11:48 AM
Poor little guy. His family and him will be in my thoughts.

penguin4
12-08-05, 01:15 PM
What an adoreable little baby! I'll be pulling for him....:(

WashingtonYankee
12-08-05, 01:36 PM
I'm so sorry that your going through this. He's so adorable. He's in my thoughts along w/his family.

Danmel
12-08-05, 02:55 PM
Sending prayers for healing to Aidan and his family.

LilChief
12-14-05, 09:51 AM
Well I wish I had more information to report, but I do finally have a glimmer of hope in the news department. Adian is holding on, and his "numbers" have either stablized and/or are starting to improve. He's far from out of the woods yet, but the downward slide has apparently been slowed, stopped or maybe even (HOPEFULLY) turned around. My details are sketchy at best, but I wanted to update you all with what little info I do have.

Please keep the prayers coming...hopefully we are helping him in our ways as best we can from here.

Hang in there and keep fighting little man!

Archer1979
12-14-05, 09:55 AM
Well I wish I had more information to report, but I do finally have a glimmer of hope in the news department. Adian is holding on, and his "numbers" have either stablized and/or are starting to improve. He's far from out of the woods yet, but the downward slide has apparently been slowed, stopped or maybe even (HOPEFULLY) turned around. My details are sketchy at best, but I wanted to update you all with what little info I do have.

Please keep the prayers coming...hopefully we are helping him in our ways as best we can from here.

Amen!

I'm sending as many positive vibes and prayers as I can to you guys.

Hang in there. This is the Season of Miracles.

Tifoso
12-14-05, 10:56 AM

Don't give up hope, OK? Burning up the skies, for Adian :)

HipHipJorge
12-14-05, 10:58 AM

As a mother (of my own precious Aidan) I can't even imagine. I will keep Aidan and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Barb51850
12-14-05, 05:20 PM
I am continuing the fervent prayers for Aidan.

krystl
12-14-05, 06:04 PM
Continuing my prayers for Aiden to recover and his family to stay strong.

LilChief
12-14-05, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone, keep the prayers and good vibes coming...I'll keep you posted as I get more updates...

Danmel
12-16-05, 08:08 AM
Bumping up for more news. Please keep us posted. Hoping to hear some good enws!

Yankee Bulldawg
12-16-05, 08:50 AM
thoughts and prayers are on the way :(

LilChief
12-16-05, 11:51 AM
Well I found out why my updates haven't been coming! My contact who handles these things for the family has been in the hospital for the past 5 days herself with some sort of lung problem! She is home now resting, but gave me what little info she last heard....

Aidan's diaphram was pushing against the respirator as he was trying to breathe on his own, and he has passed some urine, which are both small positive signs...She will let me know when she has more info, but for now, the little guy is still hanging on and fighting. Hopefully these small signs of hope will continue and he'll make a full recovery in time, I just don't know yet. I'll continue to update as I get any new info. Thanks again everyone for keeping Aidan and his family in your thoughts!

NJ Fan
12-16-05, 12:02 PM
Keep fighting, Little Guy!!!!

Still praying for Aidan's recovery.

LilChief
12-17-05, 04:37 PM
A little bit more news... Aidan's Dad Kevin called my husband at work yesterday to fill him in. Aidan has made a little progress. He still has a very long road ahead if he is to completely recover, but at least his downward spiral seems to have stopped and he is beginning to improve very slightly. He obviously won't be home for Christmas as planned, but at least he's still going to be with his family.

If anyone is so inclined and would like to send him a Christmas/Get Well card, his Mom's address in Pittsburgh is:

Kimberly Stewart
Ronald McDonald House
512 Shady Ave. Apt. 44
Pittsburgh, PA 15206

and again, Aidan's Webpage is http://www2.caringbridge.org/hi/aidan/index.htm

I don't think he can receive anything at the hospital right now, so it's probably best to send any cards etc to his Mom. I can't imagine how exausted she must be after being there since March, donating part of her own kidney, and all the ups and downs they've been through. I'm sure she was really looking forward to just being able to come home...

Thanks Again for keeping him in your thoughts everyone!

RhodeyYankee2638
12-17-05, 04:43 PM
Its good to hear he is progressing, poor little guy

Tifoso
12-17-05, 06:12 PM
A little bit more news... Aidan's Dad Kevin called my husband at work yesterday to fill him in. Aidan has made a little progress. He still has a very long road ahead if he is to completely recover, but at least his downward spiral seems to have stopped and he is beginning to improve very slightly. He obviously won't be home for Christmas as planned, but at least he's still going to be with his family.

If anyone is so inclined and would like to send him a Christmas/Get Well card, his Mom's address in Pittsburgh is:

Kimberly Stewart
Ronald McDonald House
512 Shady Ave. Apt. 44
Pittsburgh, PA 15206

and again, Aidan's Webpage is http://www2.caringbridge.org/hi/aidan/index.htm

I don't think he can receive anything at the hospital right now, so it's probably best to send any cards etc to his Mom. I can't imagine how exausted she must be after being there since March, donating part of her own kidney, and all the ups and downs they've been through. I'm sure she was really looking forward to just being able to come home...

Thanks Again for keeping him in your thoughts everyone!

Glad to hear he's progressing. Will send card Monday. :)

LilChief
12-23-05, 12:26 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Just got an email that Aidan is back on Life Support.

Hoping the setback is temporary and that the progress wasn't. Poor little man is still fighting so very hard...Hang in there little sweetie.

Soriambi
12-23-05, 12:32 PM
Hoping the setback is temporary and that the progress wasn't.

I hope so, too. I'm saying a prayer for him. :(

LilChief
12-28-05, 08:38 AM
E-Mail update from Aidan's Mom Kimberly...:(

Hey,

Happy Holidays to you guys, as well.
Aidan and I were alone in intensive care for Christmas, but Eric is here with us since Monday and will stay through New Year's. Aidan is still not breathing on his own and we are waiting for the pathology analysis of his biopsy from last week to see if he will be able to keep the liver. He has a fever for the past couple days and is having lots of fluid in his abdomen even since they removed the two liters. He is kept sedated for comfort, but does open his eyes sometimes. We are waiting for several tests to hopefully tell us what is wrong with his bone marrow and why he can't hold onto red blood cells and platelets. The low level of platelets is causing some spontaneous bleeding at times, but is under control right at the minute. And that's how it's been.... minute to minute.
I wish I had better news, but please give this update to our friends and let them know that we love them!

Kimberly

allybear
12-28-05, 09:17 AM
Oh Stephanie, I will continue to pray for Aidan and his family - what a sad story in many ways, but what a little fighter he is - I'll keep praying that the same spirit that is keeping him going will continue to keep him improving.

Thanks for the update!

Tifoso
12-28-05, 12:18 PM
E-Mail update from Aidan's Mom Kimberly...:(

Hey,

Happy Holidays to you guys, as well.
Aidan and I were alone in intensive care for Christmas, but Eric is here with us since Monday and will stay through New Year's. Aidan is still not breathing on his own and we are waiting for the pathology analysis of his biopsy from last week to see if he will be able to keep the liver. He has a fever for the past couple days and is having lots of fluid in his abdomen even since they removed the two liters. He is kept sedated for comfort, but does open his eyes sometimes. We are waiting for several tests to hopefully tell us what is wrong with his bone marrow and why he can't hold onto red blood cells and platelets. The low level of platelets is causing some spontaneous bleeding at times, but is under control right at the minute. And that's how it's been.... minute to minute.
I wish I had better news, but please give this update to our friends and let them know that we love them!

Kimberly

:(

I am so sorry :(

ritaylnil
12-28-05, 10:17 PM
How very sad. :(

chanman7483
12-28-05, 11:20 PM
Horrible no matter how you look at it, but this time of year makes it that much worse when the little fella should be running around and enjoying the holiday season.

LilChief
12-29-05, 06:15 PM
Just received another email update from Stacie (head of Aidan's Angels)...The news is not good at all....

Hello Everyone,

Well, our little angel has officially been placed back on the
transplant list. It is a distressing day for Aidan's family and
for all of us that have stood in watchful prayer, hoping against
hope that somehow he would rally and get back on track.

Now, although it seems things are back at square one, we
have a tough little fighter in Aidan. He continues to
fight the good fight, giving us all the more reason to continue
ours.

For now he is on the list and we are again waiting for a donor.
There is no timetable here. It is a watch and wait situation.
The doctors are treating all his issues in order to keep him
stable and healthy enough for a transplant.

We continue to keep hope alive. God is the only one who knows
the plan, so we continue to place our trust in His Hands. Please
pray for this family. They are under unbearable stress, and I believe
it is all of us, and our extended friend's and family's prayers that
continue to strengthen and sustain them.

Stacie

Irabu's Son
12-29-05, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry Stephanie. Hang in there. I am sure I can speak for everyone here when I say we're all with you.

LilChief
12-29-05, 06:24 PM
I'm sorry Stacie. Hang in there. I am sure I can speak for everyone here when I say we're all with you.

Thanks...just to clarify, I'm Stephanie...Stacie is my main contact with updates regarding Aidan's condition....sorry if that last post was confusing.

Tifoso
12-29-05, 06:24 PM
Thanks...just to clarify, I'm Stephanie...Stacie is my main contact with updates regarding Aidan's condition....sorry if that last post was confusing.

You know we're praying, Steph.

LilChief
12-29-05, 06:57 PM
Aidan's Dad Kevin just called me to give me the update about the transplant list. They are just trying to stablize him and keep him strong enough for another surgery when they are able to find him another liver donor. I wish I could be a donor for him, but I asked Kevin and he said that blood type is only the first of many parameters. Aidan is O negative, and I am A positive, so I guess that won't work. Once the blood type is met there are several more layers of testing to see if other parameters are matched. Kimberly actually had to spend 2 weeks there when she was being tested, and even so, her liver is apparently not going to work for the little man.

Kevin said that everyone's thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated and I told him that many Yankee fans from all around the country are praying for them. He wanted me to tell you all how much it means to them, and please continue.
I'll let you know if I hear any more, but if anyone here is O negative and wants to be tested as a possible donor, let me know! The liver is the only organ that regenerates! (I know, I'm crazy, but I just wish I could do more to help):(

Irabu's Son
12-29-05, 07:07 PM

Oops.. edited.

LilChief
12-29-05, 07:45 PM
Oops.. edited.
No problem, just wanted to clarify that...the main thing is to keep little Aidan and his family in our thoughts and prayers, and hope for a new donor very soon...

penguin4
12-30-05, 01:17 AM
I'll let you know if I hear any more, but if anyone here is O negative and wants to be tested as a possible donor, let me know! The liver is the only organ that regenerates! (I know, I'm crazy, but I just wish I could do more to help):(
As if to add insult to injury, he *had* to have the rarest bloodtype there is. (Wish I could help, but I'm AB+.)

Poor little guy. He'll continue to be in my thoughts, Stephanie...

ritaylnil
12-30-05, 07:11 AM
As if to add insult to injury, he *had* to have the rarest bloodtype there is. (Wish I could help, but I'm AB+.)

Poor little guy. He'll continue to be in my thoughts, Stephanie...

AB- is the rarest. 7% of the population has O-. Not great odds, but better than the 1% for AB-

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question593.htm

U.S. Blood-type Distribution
O+
38 percent of population
A+
34 percent of population
B+
9 percent of population
O-
7 percent of population
A-
6 percent of population
AB+
3 percent of population
B-
2 percent of population
AB-
1 percent of population

Archer1979
12-30-05, 08:07 AM
Stephanie,

My thoughts and prayers are with the little guy.

LilChief
12-30-05, 09:11 AM
My husband was just talking to Aidan's Dad Kevin, and talk about adding insuilt to injury....here's another twist that goes against the poor little man....

When he needed the liver transplant the 1st time, he was on the "priority 1" list, and they couldn't find a child's liver for him, and had to use his Mom's...that's apparently part of the problem, the size of the ducts etc from an adult liver are harder to adapt to a baby like Aidan...combined with all the internal damage caused by the chemo he needed to fight the cancer.
NOW...because he is currently "Cancer Free" he is on the "priority 2" list...:( so he may have to wait even longer for an appropriate match!

Buckeye Yank
12-30-05, 10:10 AM
Awww Steph. :( It's REALLY hard for me to keep reading this. On top of having kids, both of my parents have passed away and my college roommate lost his son to Lukemia a couple years ago. So it really hits home for me but nonetheless, I've been keeping tabs and praying for the little guy.

shutout
12-30-05, 10:47 AM
My husband was just talking to Aidan's Dad Kevin, and talk about adding insuilt to injury....here's another twist that goes against the poor little man....

When he needed the liver transplant the 1st time, he was on the "priority 1" list, and they couldn't find a child's liver for him, and had to use his Mom's...that's apparently part of the problem, the size of the ducts etc from an adult liver are harder to adapt to a baby like Aidan...combined with all the internal damage caused by the chemo he needed to fight the cancer.
NOW...because he is currently "Cancer Free" he is on the "priority 2" list...:( so he may have to wait even longer for an appropriate match!

That's freakin sad. They need to give this baby a liver... NOW. I'll keep the chap in my thoughts and prayers.

penguin4
12-30-05, 01:30 PM
AB- is the rarest. 7% of the population has O-. Not great odds, but better than the 1% for AB-

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question593.htm

U.S. Blood-type Distribution
O+
38 percent of population
A+
34 percent of population
B+
9 percent of population
O-
7 percent of population
A-
6 percent of population
AB+
3 percent of population
B-
2 percent of population
AB-
1 percent of population
Interesting. I wasn't really talking in terms of prevalence, though -- I meant in terms of finding a donor. AB blood can accept all other blood types. If you're O-, you absolutely need a donor with O- blood, so it's not always the easiest thing to find.

ritaylnil
12-30-05, 03:49 PM
Interesting. I wasn't really talking in terms of prevalence, though -- I meant in terms of finding a donor. AB blood can accept all other blood types. If you're O-, you absolutely need a donor with O- blood, so it's not always the easiest thing to find.

Good point. I'm not sure how great a match it really is for the "universal receiver" to get other blood types. Plus, are you sure AB- can take O+ for example?

penguin4
12-30-05, 03:57 PM
Good point. I'm not sure how great a match it really is for the "universal receiver" to get other blood types. Plus, are you sure AB- can take O+ for example?
Yeah, I've heard it's better one blood type to receive an exact match, just in case there are any antibodies or something of the sort in the donor's blood, I think is the reasons. But I think you still can in a pinch.

And no, a negative can't receive positive blood, but it works the other way around.

ALR83
12-30-05, 08:50 PM

Ah geez that's awful. My heart goes out to this poor baby. :( I come in here every day hoping to see great news.

Luvtino
12-31-05, 01:01 AM
Aidan remains in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully the New Year will bring Aidan good news. Poor little baby doll. :(

I am sure you are a big source of strength to the family, Steph. They are lucky to have you in their lives. Hugs. :)

krystl
01-02-06, 02:00 AM
I'm afraid to look everytime I see that there's a new entry here. I hope the sad face smilies will be replaced by smiley faces soon.

LilChief
01-03-06, 07:23 PM
This isn't really any different news, just Aidan's Mom's own words explaining whats going on...I am posting this from her Journal entry on Aidan's webpage. I'll continue to update when I have more news. His Dad was due back in CT today but my husband didn't see him at work. Not sure he has any different info than a few days ago anyway. I just wish there was something more I could do.

Journal

Sunday, January 1, 2006 7:27 PM CST

It has been a difficult four weeks since Aidan first entered the Intensive Care Unit on Tuesday, December 6th, with massive organ and system failures.

It began with what sounded like a wheezing noise, and quickly elevated to a shutdown of his lungs, liver and kidneys. Aidan's heart rate and blood pressure skyrocketed and within the first few hours, he was placed on total life support and a dozen medications to control his functions. In order to cleanse the cells, a plasma exchange was conducted daily, for five days. As the days passed, Aidan began to slowly look more stable and eventually, on day ten, seemed as though he would recover. His kidneys began to function and many of the medications were discontinued. His lungs, which had collapsed, were also showing signs of strengthening.

It has been a very rocky road, with many ups and downs. Two steps forward, one step back.

Although Aidan is currently off of the ventilator and breathing primarily on his own, it has ultimately been determined that his liver was irreparably damaged and therefore will not be able to be saved.

Aidan has been placed on the transplant list as of Tuesday. As he awaits a new liver, he will undergo plasma exchange to maintain his stable condition.

Tragically, this leaves us in the same position as last January and it will be some time before we are able to return to our family in Connecticut.

Please continue to pray for Aidan's health in the New Year and that he will be able to leave the Intensive Care Unit soon.

Barb51850
01-03-06, 09:03 PM
I am continuing my prayers for Aidan.

Tifoso
01-03-06, 09:04 PM
Count me in.

allybear
01-04-06, 08:15 AM
Awwwe, so sorry to hear the latest, but where there's life, there's hope, and I will continue to keep Aidan in my prayers.

Take care...

LilChief
01-04-06, 05:16 PM
I got another email from Stacie of "Aidan's Angels" last night filling me in on some plans they have in the works for fundraisers. One ziti dinner isn't scheduled for awhile but they are looking for pretty decent raffle prizes so they can sell tix for about $10 each....

So if anyone can think of any nice raffle prizes they can conjure up from their employers of wish to donate themselves, please let me know! Any help is appreciated!

Barb51850
01-09-06, 09:20 AM
Steph,

I will be mailing a check to your address tomorrow for Aidan's fund. Thanks for posting the sticky about this.

With prayers,
Barbara

texasyankee
01-09-06, 09:33 AM
Thoughts & prayers from Texas. May God and His angels give strength to Aidan & his family.

LilChief
01-17-06, 06:30 PM
At the risk of sounding redundant or pushy, I just wanted to make sure that all of you who were following Adian's story in this thread, and offering your kind prayers, are aware of the fundraising effort and further updates in the following thread:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=92329

There have only been 3 donations received, and 2 more pledged...:(
even a small donation will help...it all adds up.
Please read the above referenced thread for more details, and help us to help Aidan and his family.

Thanks everyone.

yankeedee
01-20-06, 08:50 PM
Thank you everyone for all your hope and prayers.

I remember when Aidan was born---I used to work with Kimberly.

I know the family appreciates any and all prayers and good wishes that are being sent
Adian's way.

He is such a kuuuutie patuuutie

yankeedee

Barb51850
01-20-06, 11:12 PM

I know the family appreciates any and all prayers and good wishes that are being sent
Adian's way.

yankeedee

Thank you for your message. Aidan means a great deal to all of us here.

LilChief
01-20-06, 11:52 PM

Adian's way.

yankeedee

Welcome to the NYYFANS family! Did Stacie give you the website address? She asked me for it the other night...Maybe I'll see you at an upcoming meeting of Aidan's Angels, or a fundraiser...Please keep posting, you'll find lots of great people here!
Stephanie

LilChief
01-21-06, 05:22 PM
Hey folks, don't forget...if you aren't able to send a donation for Aidan's Fund you can still help spread the word by adding the "HELP AIDAN" link to your signature. The more people who see it the better our chances of reaching or even exceeding our goal! Remember, our goal is ONLY $500...with all the members here we should be able to reach that easily, and every $5 or $10 donation (or more! ;) ) brings us closer!

Thanks again, you are a great bunch of friends!:D

texasyankee
01-24-06, 07:52 AM
.......Remember, our goal is ONLY $500...with all the members here we should be able to reach that easily, and every $5 or $10 donation (or more! ;) ) brings us closer!

Thanks again, you are a great bunch of friends!:D

With all the members who regularly post here, we should easily surpass that goal.

Luvtino
01-24-06, 11:29 PM
Just giving this thread a little bump.

Cancer is something I am all too familiar with these days as a close friend just died leaving behind a hubby and a baby about Aidan's age. I will gladly send money next time I get paid. Helping a child and family in need is money well spent.

LilChief
01-25-06, 09:51 AM
Just giving this thread a little bump.

Cancer is something I am all too familiar with these days as a close friend just died leaving behind a hubby and a baby about Aidan's age. I will gladly send money next time I get paid. Helping a child and family in need is money well spent.

Thanks Sweetie! Let me know if you need my address to mail it to, so I can add it to the group donation from NYYFANS. Of course if you'd prefer to send it directly to his fund that's fine too.;) The address for the bank handling his fund is on the sticky thread.