PDA

View Full Version : Official "Gauntlet II" Thread

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 02:14 PM
The best show in MTV starts up again tonight at 10. This season we're pitting the veterans vs the rookies. To further shake things up, this year when your team loses, two of your people face off in the Gauntlet. I like that idea. It makes you try that much harder to win because if you do, you know your team won't lose anyone. I'll post the competitors when I get home, but I already know and am very excited for the absence of Tina/Rachel/Veronica.

CoyoteYankee
12-05-05, 02:26 PM
The best show in MTV starts up again tonight at 10. This season we're pitting the veterans vs the rookies. To further shake things up, this year when your team loses, two of your people face off in the Gauntlet. I like that idea. It makes you try that much harder to win because if you do, you know your team won't lose anyone. I'll post the competitors when I get home, but I already know and am very excited for the absence of Tina/Rachel/Veronica.

That is a much better way to do it. I always thought that it sucked for the winning team that they sometimes had to send a teammate home. What will happen if a team gets decimated though? Are they just going to let it keep happening so that one team would have 10 people and the other team would have, like 2? I can't wait to see it. Are you serious that Tina, Rachel and Veronica won't be on the show? Did they get jobs or something? I saw in the commercial that Beth is back. Doesn't she ever learn??

SuperMario66
12-05-05, 02:28 PM
As much as I love The Real World, I have never seen this show. Maybe I will watch.

yanksrule69
12-05-05, 02:30 PM
In the few commercials I have seen for this I didn't recognize that many people. I didn't know it was veterans vs. rookies. That is the best way to do it because when they do it male vs. female the veterans and rookies form cliques anyway.

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 02:31 PM
As much as I love The Real World, I have never seen this show. Maybe I will watch.

It's so much better then the Real World. They acutally do stuff besides just sit around, party and argue. They still sit around, party and argue, but they have challenges along the way.

YankeeClemens22
12-05-05, 02:33 PM
I thought you meant the video game.

"Blue Valkyrie needs food."
"Blue Valkyrie strength is running out."
"Blue Valkyrie is about to die."
"AARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!"

Insert Coin to Continue....

SuperMario66
12-05-05, 02:34 PM
It's so much better then the Real World. They acutally do stuff besides just sit around, party and argue. They still sit around, party and argue, but they have challenges along the way.

I would like to see a cast list.

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 02:38 PM
I would like to see a cast list.

http://www.mtv.com/onair/rwrr_challenge/gauntlet2/index.jhtml#

I can't get the pictures/list to load here. Macromedia isn't up to date at the office. Could you list the teams?

Clive
12-05-05, 02:39 PM

"AARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!"

Insert Coin to Continue...."You idiot, you shot the food!"

:lol:

SuperMario66
12-05-05, 02:43 PM
MTV's website makes me feel like I am on freaking dial-up when I am actually on a ethernet connection. I tried. Sorry.

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 02:53 PM
MTV's website makes me feel like I am on freaking dial-up when I am actually on a ethernet connection. I tried. Sorry.

Yeah, it really is a POS site. I hate marcomedia sites.

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 08:47 PM
Veterans:
Robin - RW San Diego
Montana - RW Boston
Beth - RW LA
Anessa - RW Chicago
Derek - RR Extreme
Katie - RR The Quest
Timmy - RR Season 2
Adam - RR Season 2
Mark - RR Season 1
Julie - RW New Orleans
Ace - RW Paris
David - RW Seattle
Syrus - RW Boston
Brad - RW San Diego
Jisela - RR 10 The Quest
Ruthie - RW Hawaii

NYYBombshell
12-05-05, 08:49 PM
MTV is still airing that garbage? I wish they'd air some, I don't know....MUSIC VIDEOS!

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 08:50 PM
Rookies:

Kina - RR Extreme :ga-ga:
Cameran - RW San Diego
Jo - RW San Fran
Ibis - RR Extreme
Jodi - RR Extreme
Jilian - RR Extreme
Adam - RW Paris
Alton - RW Vegas
Jeremy - RR South Pacific
Danny - RR Extreme
Landon - RW Philly
Jamie - RW New Orleans
Randy - RW San Diego
MJ - RW Philly
Cara - RR South Pacific
Susie - RR Austrailia

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 08:51 PM
MTV is still airing that garbage? I wish they'd air some, I don't know....MUSIC VIDEOS!

Normally I agree with you, but RR/RW Challenges are really entertaining.

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 12:26 AM
What a party pooper Jo is! I understand that she's 10 years older then the rest of them but to call the cops?! Also, did I hear her say she's going to sue the island? :lol:

Has she not seen the other 6 RW/RR Challenges? What did she think was going to happen when you put 28 young, attractive people (ok mabye 22 are attractive) who are so full of themselves they'll do anything to get more air time?

NewEraYanks2527
12-06-05, 12:49 AM
I wanna see whats up with the boxing gloves, that looks sweet.

WTrain44
12-06-05, 10:44 AM

"AARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!"

Insert Coin to Continue....

Yeah me too!!!! I was playing Gauntlet Dark Legacy the other day too. :)
"Food is good"

Either that, or a sequel to the Clint Eastwood movie :)

Buckeye Yank
12-06-05, 10:50 AM
What a party pooper Jo is! I understand that she's 10 years older then the rest of them but to call the cops?! Also, did I hear her say she's going to sue the island? :lol:

Has she not seen the other 6 RW/RR Challenges? What did she think was going to happen when you put 28 young, attractive people (ok mabye 22 are attractive) who are so full of themselves they'll do anything to get more air time?
Editing, especially to fit it all in a 30 minute show, takes so much of what happened away. But it seems like something had to have happened for her to snap like that. And yes, she did say she was going to "sue the island". :-rofl-:

yanksrule69
12-06-05, 10:53 AM
And yes, she did say she was going to "sue the island". :-rofl-:

Yeah that was interesting.

I must have completely missed the Australia season of RR because I have never seen any of those people from it.

I think the veterans are going to win this one. With the way the gaunlet is setup now I think that it will induce more interteam fighting on the rookie side than on the veteran and it will be their demise.

CoyoteYankee
12-06-05, 10:55 AM

I must have completely missed the Australia season of RR because I have never seen any of those people from it.

I think the veterans are going to win this one. With the way the gaunlet is setup now I think that it will induce more interteam fighting on the rookie side than on the veteran and it will be their demise.

But the veteran's still have Beth!

I missed the season opener. I wonder if I'll get a chance to see it again. :P

SuperMario66
12-06-05, 10:58 AM

That was my favorite season!

CoyoteYankee
12-06-05, 11:13 AM
That was my favorite season!

How could anyone forget Piggy!?!

SuperMario66
12-06-05, 11:16 AM
How could anyone forget Piggy!?!

Exactly!

DaBomber25
12-06-05, 02:41 PM
MJ's perm was bad on his Real World season and now that thing has grown out of control.

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 02:50 PM
MJ's perm was bad on his Real World season and now that thing has grown out of control.

:lol: He needs to go the Landon route and just shave it off.

Buckeye Yank
12-06-05, 03:08 PM
His mouth looked weird/different. Did he get braces or something?

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 03:13 PM
How did Kina hook up with Randy? She's so pretty and friendly. Good catch for him.

yanksrule69
12-06-05, 03:17 PM
Apparently I wasn't paying attention as I did not see MJ nor any 'fro of his.

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 04:24 PM
Apparently I wasn't paying attention as I did not see MJ nor any 'fro of his.

How could you miss it?!

CoyoteYankee
12-06-05, 04:50 PM
How did Kina hook up with Randy? She's so pretty and friendly. Good catch for him.

I have no idea who Kina was but I love Randy! He is such a cutie! Maybe he's a good catch for her! :P

StaceyRosie
12-06-05, 05:46 PM
MJ's fro has its own zip code

Buckeye Yank
12-13-05, 10:26 AM
Good show last night. The coconut thing was pretty intense. But it's not looking good for the Veterans. They lost Adam last night and next week it looks like Ruthie & Jisella (?) are in the elimination match.

yanksrule69
02-28-06, 11:03 AM
Beth sucks. I can't believe she left like that. All of a sudden she has standards.

Aneesa being captain should be interesting since it doesn't seem she adds much to the team. It probably won't be hard to get her out of there.

YClipper5
02-28-06, 12:15 PM
Beth sucks. I can't believe she left like that. All of a sudden she has standards.

Aneesa being captain should be interesting since it doesn't seem she adds much to the team. It probably won't be hard to get her out of there.
They need to do something about all of these participants who quit just prior to going to The Gauntlet. What it is, I don't know, but it significantly takes away from the show.

DaBomber25
02-28-06, 12:52 PM
They need to do something about all of these participants who quit just prior to going to The Gauntlet. What it is, I don't know, but it significantly takes away from the show.

They have to make out with John Norris on his next MTV News segment. Or Kurt Loder. Their choice.

PettittesPrincess
02-28-06, 04:14 PM
Beth is such an idiot...I can't believe I still watch this crap.

Kulish29
02-28-06, 04:25 PM
Beth is such an idiot...I can't believe I still watch this crap.

I actually like the RW/RR Challenge/Gauntlet shows better than the actual RR or RW shows.

Speaking of Road Rules, are they ever going to do another one? Seems like MTV is just sticking to Real World.

PettittesPrincess
02-28-06, 04:29 PM
I actually like the RW/RR Challenge/Gauntlet shows better than the actual RR or RW shows.

Speaking of Road Rules, are they ever going to do another one? Seems like MTV is just sticking to Real World.

I like the challenge stuff better too, even if most of the people drive me crazy... I think that Road Rules got cancelled?

MTYankee23
02-28-06, 04:30 PM

Completely agree with this. Even up to the point where I'd never ever want to actually be on RW or RR, but the Challenges seem like they'd be a great time.

Slavenka
02-28-06, 04:34 PM

Road Rules was cancelled. Because of the popularity of the challenges, they are currently filming a 'fresh meat challenge' in austraila. its takes oldies from rr & rw and pits them against newbies who haven't been on rw or rr before. if you remember a while back, derrick actually suggested this idea b/c of how much fun he found the challenges over rr & rw. i'm sure the $$ and nice locations don't hurt.

i havent watched rw after san diego, i thought it was the best season. but i'm thinking of watcing this season in key west. i guess i need the mindless entertainment. i also like the challenges better, more drama- i'm just glad verinho and rachel are mia.

edit: i can't stand beth, but i dont blame her for not going in with anesa, that bitch is cra-zy and would have beat her up. i still think cara and susie had an alliance with the guys, i hope it comes out in the reunion. kina and randy are so cute together! after the guantlets, i *heart* derrick. another fave katie, has been disappointing with no drama, but she've said thats b/c shes friends with everyone. omg, and jodi is such a ho! i read she's in some church group now, i would too after sleeping with half the rr & rw men. and alton is a beast, withteh other rookies, they so are winning the final mission.

RhodyYanksFan
02-28-06, 04:39 PM
Completely agree with this. Even up to the point where I'd never ever want to actually be on RW or RR, but the Challenges seem like they'd be a great time.

Put me in that group too.

Slavenka
03-03-06, 10:23 AM
challenge fans:

little story to share: so i'm in syracuse for a couple days, and last night i went to a fave bar of mine downtown, and who is there- dave mirra! yup, host of the inferno challenges (and to a lesser extent bmx rider ;)). so we chatted about random stuff, he's a 'cuse native, was drinking wine, game wasn't good, and then of course i had to bring up the challenges, only for a few minutes, he said it was fun times, hung out with the cast one in a while, too much drama sometimes, etc. my friend talked to him about biking for a hot minute, something about his place g-vegas. cool guy, smaller in person, just like all celebs really.

DaBomber25
03-03-06, 11:54 AM
challenge fans:

little story to share: so i'm in syracuse for a couple days, and last night i went to a fave bar of mine downtown, and who is there- dave mirra! yup, host of the inferno challenges (and to a lesser extent bmx rider ;)). so we chatted about random stuff, he's a 'cuse native, was drinking wine, game wasn't good, and then of course i had to bring up the challenges, only for a few minutes, he said it was fun times, hung out with the cast one in a while, too much drama sometimes, etc. my friend talked to him about biking for a hot minute, something about his place g-vegas. cool guy, smaller in person, just like all celebs really.

I'd never heard of him before this Gauntlet but I like TJ Lavin as the host. I love his, "Uh-uh, you're not gonna quit. Fine...get your sh*t and get the hell outta here in 20 minutes," spiel he does.

yanksrule69
03-03-06, 12:01 PM

Has someone else walked away from going into the Gauntlet? If so, who? I must have missed it.

YClipper5
03-03-06, 03:07 PM
Has someone else walked away from going into the Gauntlet? If so, who? I must have missed it.
Early on, a few people walked away without competing. I remember Cameran from RW San Diego was one of them. I forget the other(s).

Slavenka
03-06-06, 12:22 AM
I'd never heard of him before this Gauntlet but I like TJ Lavin as the host. I love his, "Uh-uh, you're not gonna quit. Fine...get your sh*t and get the hell outta here in 20 minutes," spiel he does.

I liked Jonny Moseley best. Dave Mirra was fun (and cute;)) but Moselely seemd to ................ around with the contestants more. I'm not that big a fan of Lavin, only because it seems he instigates, esp. with the gautlet. Who is he asking those questions, a producer? ;) Although I do like that he called people, the quiters, out. Speaking of which, the only ones I can think of that walked away were Jo (technically I guess), Cameron, Jisela (who didn't really quit, but for sure gave up in the guantlet), and Beth.

PettittesPrincess
03-08-06, 12:50 PM
I was hoping Derek would lose in the Gauntlet.. that kid is annoying.

Kulish29
03-08-06, 01:01 PM
The Rookies are taking this. Too many good people have left the Vets.

SheffRocks11
03-08-06, 09:13 PM
I was hoping Derek would lose in the Gauntlet.. that kid is annoying.

I don't see him losing any time soon... He's a pitbull.
I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley...

RhodyYanksFan
03-27-06, 12:40 PM
Season finale tonight followed by reunion show. Should be good. I'm rooting for the rookies. Kina :ga-ga:

yanksrule69
03-27-06, 01:31 PM
Was Beth the last chick to get booted? I haven't seen any episodes after that. Who else got the boot?

RhodyYanksFan
03-27-06, 01:41 PM
Was Beth the last chick to get booted? I haven't seen any episodes after that. Who else got the boot?

Jillian lost to Kina last week.

Snatch Catch
03-27-06, 01:43 PM
My girlfriend thinks Randy is really cute, and the best looking guy on the show.

I think there is a definitive possibility that he is slightly mentally retarded.

Opinions? Thoughts?

RhodyYanksFan
03-27-06, 02:00 PM
My girlfriend thinks Randy is really cute, and the best looking guy on the show.

I think there is a definitive possibility that he is slightly mentally retarded.

Opinions? Thoughts?

I think he's the most normal looking one. The rest look like roided up jocks (except Timmy, but he goes by Timmy so he's out). I wouldn't mind being called retarded if I was banging Kina.

YClipper5
03-27-06, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't mind being called retarded if I was banging Kina.
Agreed. My wife and I fight over her hottness every week.

If I were Randy, you could call me retarded every day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

RhodyYanksFan
03-27-06, 02:43 PM
Agreed. My wife and I fight over her hottness every week.

If I were Randy, you could call me retarded every day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

Your wife thinks she's ugly?

Snatch Catch
03-27-06, 03:11 PM
I don't think Kina is all that attractive. Nice athletic body, but she's just average above the neck, and her voice and mannerism don't do anything positive for me.

YClipper5
03-27-06, 03:35 PM
Your wife thinks she's ugly?
She doesn't think she's all that attractive. Plus, she also believes Kina's annoying, which drops her a few notches as well.

I'll be getting my pro-Kina comments ready for tonight.

RhodyYanksFan
03-28-06, 11:08 AM
...and I totally forgot to watch. How was the reunion?

YClipper5
03-28-06, 11:14 AM
...and I totally forgot to watch. How was the reunion?
The reunion shows are getting weaker every year. Only half the "cast" was there.

I didn't think Kina looked as good as she did on the show. Plus, she was quite annoying the way she was going after Cara the entire show. After last night, I think I may have soured a little on her.

Slavenka
03-28-06, 11:38 AM
Finale:
- I was so sad to see Derrick leave! He was so passionate and a good competitor. I was impressed he was able to stay the whole time. He deserved to be in the final mission. I know Timmy volunteered because of an alliance with David. Why else would he have then? I canít stand David, he dumb and he doesnít try. He should have gone, not Derrick.
- I donít like how there was so much quitting this season. Even if Anessa had to do it herself, she should have at least tried.
- I think they should have done the food challenge last. What a boring final challenge. And itís pathetic that the Vets had an extra person and still lost.

Reunion:
- I liked how Robin wanted to look demure with brown hair, and ends up looking slutty with the outfit. I do think she looks better with that hair color. And girl needs smaller implants- Iím always waiting for her to fall over.
- Kinaís makeup was horrible! I think she has a nice body, but how sad that she has no boobs. Kina always got on my nerves, but I liked that she went after Cara and Susie sometimes, although I can see how some would see her coming off worse. BTW, if anyone interested in how Kina really feels, they should check out her blog.
- Jamie, Cara, Susie threesome: Iíve already heard about this from multiple sources, so I wasnít surprised. But I am glad that Kina called them out on it, simply because Cara has a boyfriend and Susie a husband, and I canít respect cheaters. I could never stand Cara, but I liked Susie, esp when she was in love with Timmy. But she comes off really bad after this challenge. Hopefully sheíll do another one and redeem herself.
- Not gonna miss Roid Rage Mark retiring. Will Robin stick around? I hope so.
- Brad the Gangsta needs to retire. So does TJ. Bring back Dave Mirra!

DaBomber25
03-28-06, 11:44 AM

Opinions? Thoughts?

I agree. And I don't know what the hell he does with his hair.

I think I missed two weeks up until last night and I was on the phone while 'watching' it and that may have been the lamest thing I've ever seen? What happened? They bet something and lost on the first part of the challenge? I just saw them stuffing their face and then celebrating.

Slavenka
03-28-06, 11:45 AM

Opinions? Thoughts?

LOL! Aww, poor Randy. I think he's attractive, not really my type though. I think because I get the dumb vibe from him. Best looking on the show? I guess. I don't know really who else is better looking. But I will always love Randy because of his show - "If you call me an alcoholic again, I'm going to cry...and then you'll feel like an asshole." And of coruse one of my favorite episodes ever is when Robin and Brad get arrested. The way Randy acts after they're kicked out of the club and then having to wake up Jaqueese (sp?).

DaBomber25
03-28-06, 11:46 AM
- Jamie, Cara, Susie threesome: Iíve already heard about this from multiple sources, so I wasnít surprised.

Huh? What happened? I wanna know.

Slavenka
03-28-06, 11:52 AM
I agree. And I don't know what the hell he does with his hair.

I think I missed two weeks up until last night and I was on the phone while 'watching' it and that may have been the lamest thing I've ever seen? What happened? They bet something and lost on the first part of the challenge? I just saw them stuffing their face and then celebrating.

tvgasm.com does recaps, but it's not up yet. The final mission was broken into 3 parts, the first being eating. The second was a relay, I don't remember the third, I want to say puzzle. So the Vets figured they packed the first competition with the most players so they'll definitely get that, and then they'll have to win just win one more. Well they lost, so instead of Anessa doing the relay by herself against three guys from the Rookies, they quit.

Slavenka
03-28-06, 11:56 AM
Huh? What happened? I wanna know.

Other castmembers said that Jamie, Cara, and Susie had a threesome, so it eventually made it on the rr/rw blogs. During the reunion, Susie said something about a crazy rumor they heard and Kina called her out on it not being a rumor. Supposedly Cara and Jamie were flirting, and decided they would make out on Saturday, b/c the show gives the cast that day off (no cameras) and Cara didn't want her boyfriend to find out. As the story goes, Susie then joined in, and some of the cast watched. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll come up with castmember's versions of it.

DaBomber25
03-28-06, 11:59 AM
Other castmembers said that Jamie, Cara, and Susie had a threesome, so it eventually made it on the rr/rw blogs. During the reunion, Susie said something about a crazy rumor they heard and Kina called her out on it not being a rumor. Supposedly Cara and Jamie were flirting, and decided they would make out on Saturday, b/c the show gives the cast that day off (no cameras) and Cara didn't want her boyfriend to find out. As the story goes, Susie then joined in, and some of the cast watched. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll come up with castmember's versions of it.

TEASE. That's not a threesome. That's three people kissing.

Slavenka
03-28-06, 12:01 PM
TEASE. That's not a threesome. That's three people kissing.

WEll they had sex. According to the stories. I just say make out instead of ................ing. Sorry.

DaBomber25
03-28-06, 12:05 PM
WEll they had sex. According to the stories. I just say make out instead of ................ing. Sorry.

There's a big difference! ;)

CoyoteYankee
03-28-06, 01:13 PM

Opinions? Thoughts?
I actually think he's really good looking. I would definitely say that he is the best looking one on the show. Hot and dumb...just like I like 'em!

RhodyYanksFan
03-28-06, 01:27 PM

Wait...Jamie from San Diego?? She's my favorite :ga-ga:

IronCaballo4
03-28-06, 01:28 PM
Karamo is supposed to be on my campus next month or in May...I'm thinking of chasing him with a bucket of water to see if he's afraid

SheffRocks11
03-28-06, 05:32 PM
The finale was freakin retarted...
I was sad to see Derrick leave though.

PettittesPrincess
03-29-06, 02:03 PM
Did Kina blow her winnings on mystic tans and bad make up?

Slavenka
03-29-06, 08:10 PM
Wait...Jamie from San Diego?? She's my favorite :ga-ga:

guy jamie from new orleans. sorry

does anyone know when the next challenge is on? first i lose project runway, and now the challenge.. :(

PettittesPrincess
03-29-06, 11:45 PM

does anyone know when the next challenge is on? first i lose project runway, and now the challenge.. :(

Jamie is totally hot, I don't know why he has to have effed up hair though.

Snatch Catch
03-30-06, 08:16 AM
Did Kina blow her winnings on mystic tans and bad make up?

:lol: :roflmao: :lol:

DaBomber25
03-30-06, 08:17 AM

Usually a couple weeks after the Real World season ends. So...not for a while.