PDA

View Full Version : The Howard Stern Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Octoberbaby
02-15-08, 09:25 PM
Did anyone hear Howard 100 News this morning? Evidentially, one of Johnny Fratto's friends admitted that this whole Eric-Kendra thing is infact a set up, and there are phone calls and e-mails from Kendra begging to get out of this. The only one who's not in on it is Eric.

The Howard Stern Show has turned into such a soap opera. :lol:

I am sorry but that is so sad for Eric. I don't like him but I feel sorry for him regarding this latest stunt!

AMYanks
02-15-08, 11:18 PM
Top 100 Radio Personalities:

http://66.227.50.219/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=44

Imus ahead of Howard. :lol: !!!

NelsonMuntz
02-15-08, 11:19 PM
Did anyone hear Howard 100 News this morning? Evidentially, one of Johnny Fratto's friends admitted that this whole Eric-Kendra thing is infact a set up, and there are phone calls and e-mails from Kendra begging to get out of this. The only one who's not in on it is Eric.

The Howard Stern Show has turned into such a soap opera. :lol:
I can't believe anyone believed it was real for even a second. It was so obvious the entire time that this was staged. In the history of mankind, has a woman who looked like Kendra ever been interested a guy who looks and acts like Eric the Midget?

NelsonMuntz
02-15-08, 11:20 PM
I am sorry but that is so sad for Eric. I don't like him but I feel sorry for him regarding this latest stunt!
I don't feel sorry for him. He reaps what he sows.

AMYanks
02-15-08, 11:24 PM
I can't believe anyone believed it was real for even a second. It was so obvious the entire time that this was staged. In the history of mankind, has a woman who looked like Kendra ever been interested a guy who looks and acts like Eric the Midget?

Eric better be the next Stephen Hawking to get a girl like Kendra.

Howard 100 News called him and told him that Fratto's group admitted it was all a hoax, and he still didn't believe it. The time is going to come soon enough when Kendra has to tell him herself.

I can't wait for Eric's phone call to the show the next morning. :lol:

Octoberbaby
02-16-08, 01:32 AM
I don't feel sorry for him. He reaps what he sows.

I'll admit he is an angry guy who does not engender much sympathy but how would you like to be in the shape he is in? I don't like him but would not set him up for a fall that way. It is really cruel.

AMYanks
02-18-08, 12:07 AM
I heard Evil Dave on Family Guy tonight. The impression is, somehow, even more dead on when the material is actually what Dave would say.

AMYanks
02-23-08, 03:22 PM
Eric The Midget's becoming a star.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=t50y13&s=3

yankeesAZ
02-23-08, 06:54 PM
Eric The Midget's becoming a star.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=t50y13&s=3

Kimmel's favorite Stern character. He really wanted that balloon stunt to happen.

DisabledMess
02-23-08, 07:51 PM
I remember Howard Stern from the 80's and I use to listen to him on and off through the 90's but I haven't heard from him since he went to Siruis. :(

yankeesAZ
02-23-08, 08:19 PM
I remember Howard Stern from the 80's and I use to listen to him on and off through the 90's but I haven't heard from him since he went to Siruis. :(

Not gonna hear much unless you have Sirius. He doesn't do interviews much and the most you may see of him is an occassional appearance on Letterman and he hates doing that.

Octoberbaby
02-24-08, 02:35 PM

Why not just get Sirius? :)

AMYanks
02-24-08, 09:53 PM
I predict the first caller tomorrow will be Eric from Hoboken kissing Howard's ass about how great Mammary Lane and Legends of Laughter were. And then Howard will go on for a few minutes about how great SIRIUS is and the programming on the two channels are so unbelievable. It's so great to finally have the freedom to say and do what he wants, and he never thinks about regular radio anymore. Robin will probably say that a friend of hers told her about a funny thing they played on Mammary Lane and/or Legends of Laughter, Artie will remember when he was working on the docks, listening to Howard call the Japanese Hilton on Pearl Harbor day, and how it was great to hear it again.

Then Howard will "randomly" take a call from someone asking Howard if he heard the news about Eric The Midget and Kendra getting together during his vacation, which will lead to Howard taking Eric's call. Howard will ask Eric what he wants us to call him 563 times in a 30 minute span, and Eric will get angry and his face will get red and blotchy, but Eric will deny that's happening. Then Howard will say he's still not sure Kendra is for real, which will get Eric angry. By about 7, Howard will say "I gotta get out of this conversation."

Even if I'm wrong, it's pretty sad that my prediction could easily come true... and it's something that has happened before.

SubwayFanatic
02-24-08, 10:29 PM
I predict the first caller tomorrow will be Eric from Hoboken kissing Howard's ass about how great Mammary Lane and Legends of Laughter were. And then Howard will go on for a few minutes about how great SIRIUS is and the programming on the two channels are so unbelievable. It's so great to finally have the freedom to say and do what he wants, and he never thinks about regular radio anymore. Robin will probably say that a friend of hers told her about a funny thing they played on Mammary Lane and/or Legends of Laughter, Artie will remember when he was working on the docks, listening to Howard call the Japanese Hilton on Pearl Harbor day, and how it was great to hear it again.

Then Howard will "randomly" take a call from someone asking Howard if he heard the news about Eric The Midget and Kendra getting together during his vacation, which will lead to Howard taking Eric's call. Howard will ask Eric what he wants us to call him 563 times in a 30 minute span, and Eric will get angry and his face will get red and blotchy, but Eric will deny that's happening. Then Howard will say he's still not sure Kendra is for real, which will get Eric angry. By about 7, Howard will say "I gotta get out of this conversation."

Even if I'm wrong, it's pretty sad that my prediction could easily come true... and it's something that has happened before.

Ouch. Sadly, there is probably some truth to this.

I still like the show, don't get me wrong. But I think it has declined a bit following their first year on Sirius.

It just seemed like everyone was way, way more into the show when they first moved to Sirius. Now, it just seems as though most of the staff members are going through the motions.

yankeesAZ
02-25-08, 12:11 AM
Ouch. Sadly, there is probably some truth to this.

I still like the show, don't get me wrong. But I think it has declined a bit following their first year on Sirius.

It just seemed like everyone was way, way more into the show when they first moved to Sirius. Now, it just seems as though most of the staff members are going through the motions.

There is some truth to this. If he wants to take a vacation-great take a vacation. Just don't insult us with how "great" Legends of Laughter was.

Mammory Lane is actually pretty good and my favorite of the repeat stuff. At least they cut through the BS and you get the great momments from past shows without having to listen to an entire show from 15 years ago.

He's on his farewell tour. 3 years left. Enjoy it while it lasts.

AMYanks
02-25-08, 08:54 PM
Well, atleast Jimmy Kimmel was on this morning to make the Eric The Midget segment mildly entertaining.

yankeesAZ
02-25-08, 09:33 PM
Well, atleast Jimmy Kimmel was on this morning to make the Eric The Midget segment mildly entertaining.

It was a very enteraining segment and show. Gotta to give him his props, Howard started off the show great today between the AC stories and Eric the Midget.

Jimmy Kimmel: "You are a 32-year old glorified McNugget virgin and you're dumping Kendra?"

AMYanks
02-25-08, 10:01 PM
It was a very enteraining segment and show. Gotta to give him his props, Howard started off the show great today between the AC stories and Eric the Midget.

Jimmy Kimmel: "You are a 32-year old glorified McNugget virgin and you're dumping Kendra?"

I would've enjoyed the AC talk more if Howard, Robin, and Artie weren't constantly talking over each other. It's getting even worse now. They've had this new routine for nearly 7 years, and they still don't know how to talk.

Kimmel should be on as much as possible. He is great.

Artie to Eric: "What kind of fruit are you!?"
Jimmy: "... Cantaloupe."

yankeesnum1
02-26-08, 06:37 AM
Some sad news this morning, Artie's Grandma Caprio died :(
Now Howard is doing the Grandma Caprio voice from heaven

RhodyYanksFan
02-26-08, 06:55 AM
Some sad news this morning, Artie's Grandma Caprio died :(
Now Howard is doing the Grandma Caprio voice from heaven

:lol: 25 year old bit. He's so innovative.

yankeesnum1
02-26-08, 07:07 AM
:lol: 25 year old bit. He's so innovative.

How is Grandma Caprio a 25 year old bit?

PuffNettles9
02-26-08, 07:45 AM
Gina Lynn this AM!!!!!!!!!

RhodyYanksFan
02-26-08, 07:48 AM
How is Grandma Caprio a 25 year old bit?

The voice from heaven is.

AMYanks
02-27-08, 04:50 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN2738876120080227?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sirius Satellite Radio CEO Mel Karmazin has more than just a stalled merger with XM Satellite on his mind. He's also wondering what it's going to cost to keep his star talker, Howard Stern, on board.

"Great content costs money," Karmazin reminded analysts Tuesday during a conference call to discuss quarterly earnings.

"If Howard is on the call and listening, if he would like to extend his deal at less money, we would be interested in that," Karmazin told the analysts. "But from my history with him, I don't think that is apt to happen."

How is Howard going to afford those Hamptons prices? :lol:

Btw, Johnny Fratto just admitted a few minutes ago on Howard 100 News that the Eric/Kendra relationship is fake.

PLEASE PLEASE let this "storyline" go away. I really cannot stand it anymore, it is so painfully awful. How is this the same show that had entertaining wackpackers like Hank The Angry Dwarf and Elegant Elliot Offen? No more dedicating an hour a day to Eric The Midget. If Jackie was still head writer, maybe they'd have entertaining bits and Howard would be funny on his own, so this garbage wouldn't make it to air.

Oh well, I'm just venting now. :lol:

YASS
02-27-08, 05:07 PM
Eric the Midget may, in fact, be the least likable person on the planet. I don't care what troubles he's had. I don't ever want to hear his voice again.

IntangiblesRule
02-27-08, 06:56 PM
Eric the Midget may, in fact, be the least likable person on the planet. I don't care what troubles he's had. I don't ever want to hear his voice again.

ACK! ACK!

JDPNYY
02-27-08, 06:58 PM
ACK! ACK!

That sound bite is perfection.

Fred is a genius.

yankeesAZ
02-27-08, 09:03 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN2738876120080227?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Btw, Johnny Fratto just admitted a few minutes ago on Howard 100 News that the Eric/Kendra relationship is fake.

PLEASE PLEASE let this "storyline" go away. I really cannot stand it anymore, it is so painfully awful. How is this the same show that had entertaining wackpackers like Hank The Angry Dwarf and Elegant Elliot Offen? No more dedicating an hour a day to Eric The Midget. If Jackie was still head writer, maybe they'd have entertaining bits and Howard would be funny on his own, so this garbage wouldn't make it to air.

Eric is no longer calling into the show (off course he's done this before). Please Eric, stay away. It's the only way Howard stays away from this.

As for a contract extension, I think he's done at the end of this one. The only reason I see him staying is if he still his the fire in him to take Satellite radio to new heights. He is not going to get this kind of money again.

SubwayFanatic
02-27-08, 09:46 PM

Hank was goddamn hysterical. "Go have sex with your mother."

Elliot was a trainwreck, but I found him entertaining. I miss him being on the show.

I agree about Eric -- they should really never allow him back on the show.

Octoberbaby
02-28-08, 01:53 AM

I agree with your vent! :mad: Jackie would be a welcome addition to me. Eric the midget is not!

AMYanks
03-04-08, 10:24 PM
I wonder if Howard, or anyone from the show, will ever admit to all the phony callers. Like the Uncle Mike fraud today. Do you think Howard and Gary are the only two that know these are fake? Or do other people on the show know that Howard gets callers with "outrageous" stories from a professional service now, and they are required by contract not to say anything.

Funny how the Howard 100 News team don't investigate these stories, but instead we get to find out that Yucko the Clown has a broken arm. Fascinating.

yankeesAZ
03-05-08, 12:22 AM
I wonder if Howard, or anyone from the show, will ever admit to all the phony callers. Like the Uncle Mike fraud today. Do you think Howard and Gary are the only two that know these are fake? Or do other people on the show know that Howard gets callers with "outrageous" stories from a professional service now, and they are required by contract not to say anything.

Funny how the Howard 100 News team don't investigate these stories, but instead we get to find out that Yucko the Clown has a broken arm. Fascinating.

Gotta admit, this week has been sh*tty radio so far. The only thing I liked was Wyclef Jean's interview.

Howard seems lost without Eric calling in.

Octoberbaby
03-05-08, 02:16 AM

Does anyone else think that the Howard 100 News guy has a very annoying voice? I quickly fast forward when I hear his voice. That kind of news I can do without anyway! To me it is the worst part Howard's show on Sirius.

SubwayFanatic
03-05-08, 06:35 AM
A huge part of the problem is that Howard is relying way too much on Eric, Sal, and Richard to fill up the show. I really think they need to bring on a new staff member or something to shake things up.

yankeesAZ
03-05-08, 11:59 AM
Does anyone else think that the Howard 100 News guy has a very annoying voice? I quickly fast forward when I hear his voice. That kind of news I can do without anyway! To me it is the worst part Howard's show on Sirius.

Steve Langford?

Don't really mind the news and find it funny actually. As long as its quick and to the point.

tdel23
03-07-08, 09:21 AM
that was pretty funny yesterday when Amy Fisher left the studio a few minutes into the interview...Amy and her husband are pretty creepy.

yankeesAZ
03-07-08, 10:39 AM
that was pretty funny yesterday when Amy Fisher left the studio a few minutes into the interview...Amy and her husband are pretty creepy.

He should have never had her on, but it was funny. She's there to promote her sex tape and she complains "Howard is too graphic" (in his description).

Octoberbaby
03-07-08, 05:03 PM
He should have never had her on, but it was funny. She's there to promote her sex tape and she complains "Howard is too graphic" (in his description).

Those people really turn my stomach! :barf:

AMYanks
03-07-08, 05:25 PM
Yesterday was one of the better shows. Amy Fisher and Henry Hill as the guests, vintage Gary bashing, and JD's feud.

Only thing that bothered me was Howard completely ignoring a caller's question about Elegant Elliot Offen. Either SIRIUS banned him from coming on the show, or Howard doesn't want to constantly be called out for taking days off, vacationing, etc.

SubwayFanatic
03-13-08, 03:37 PM
I really think this week was pretty good. Is it me, or did Howard seem more energized this week?

AMYanks
03-13-08, 05:12 PM
I really think this week was pretty good. Is it me, or did Howard seem more energized this week?

He was. Especially during the news. He was actually participating and being funny like he used to, not half asleep with his foot out the door and asking "Anything else, Robin?" one story in.

SubwayFanatic
03-13-08, 08:20 PM
He was. Especially during the news. He was actually participating and being funny like he used to, not half asleep with his foot out the door and asking "Anything else, Robin?" one story in.

Not to pick on you, but hasn't Howard been saying saying the "Anything else Robin?" for years now?

I see a lot of people on Stern Fan Network bringing this up as evidence that he is not as into the show as he used to be. While that may be true, I don't think him saying that line during the news means anything, because I think he was saying it even when he was on terrestrial radio.

AMYanks
03-13-08, 09:19 PM
Not to pick on you, but hasn't Howard been saying saying the "Anything else Robin?" for years now?

I see a lot of people on Stern Fan Network bringing this up as evidence that he is not as into the show as he used to be. While that may be true, I don't think him saying that line during the news means anything, because I think he was saying it even when he was on terrestrial radio.

Yeah, but he used to wait and say that when it was feasible that she could be done. Recently he's said it after the first story or two.

IntangiblesRule
03-14-08, 12:02 AM
Yeah, but he used to wait and say that when it was feasible that she could be done. Recently he's said it after the first story or two.

I still laugh when he starts doing that early in the news because Robin is like a freight train she will get through everything whether he wants to leave or not.

yankeesAZ
03-14-08, 12:30 AM
There was a Thursday show once (recently) when he really didn't try to hide it that he was in a hurry and Robin even kind of called him out on it.

Still, this week was good. Spitzer helped out a lot, but they had some good interviews.

Unfortunately, ETM called back to the show. I really wish he would keep his word as that is the only way we'll ever be rid of him.

Hope Artie goes and gets his tantric massage.

PuffNettles9
03-14-08, 07:48 AM
Howard ALWAYS says, "the fact of the matter is"

SubwayFanatic
03-14-08, 07:54 AM
There was a Thursday show once (recently) when he really didn't try to hide it that he was in a hurry and Robin even kind of called him out on it.

Still, this week was good. Spitzer helped out a lot, but they had some good interviews.

Unfortunately, ETM called back to the show. I really wish he would keep his word as that is the only way we'll ever be rid of him.

Hope Artie goes and gets his tantric massage.

I missed ETM calling back in. What did he have to say? Did he explain why he was calling back in again, even though he said he would never again?

Octoberbaby
03-14-08, 03:33 PM

I have noticed that and it does seem like he is rushing to get through. I don't like that. I like the news part of the show and I liked it when Howard used to participate in it. Lately, he doesn't even pay attention to it.

I also noticed that the Gossip Game with Mike Walker is rushed also. Mike Walker tells the stories so fast you can't even follow what he is saying. Then when Howard recaps he does it fast and hardly explains it. Half the time I can't even guess at the story the way I used to because I can't get what was said.

yankeesAZ
03-14-08, 11:47 PM
I missed ETM calling back in. What did he have to say? Did he explain why he was calling back in again, even though he said he would never again?

Johny Fratto called in and Eric was in the room with him. Eric got on the phone and talked and said he really wasn't calling in and would not admit he went back on his word not to call the show.

I didn't catch the entire exchange.

I have noticed that and it does seem like he is rushing to get through. I don't like that. I like the news part of the show and I liked it when Howard used to participate in it. Lately, he doesn't even pay attention to it.

I also noticed that the Gossip Game with Mike Walker is rushed also. Mike Walker tells the stories so fast you can't even follow what he is saying. Then when Howard recaps he does it fast and hardly explains it. Half the time I can't even guess at the story the way I used to because I can't get what was said.

Finished listening to Thursday's show today and he seemed to be in a bit of a hurry to move things along, but Robin wasn't having it and did the news at her pace. Howard did do a nice bit where he played Bill Clinton giving Spitzer advice. So if he had been in that big of a hurry he would not have bothered with it.

AMYanks
03-15-08, 02:26 AM
I just noticed that on the Gary Friar's Club episode of Howard TV, while Gary's talking to Howard on the intercom, the guy who walks by Gary's office is Tom Chiusano. I'm surprised Howard didn't have him come in to the studio, or atleast mention he was there.

Also in this episode, you realize Artie and Gary are going to Afghanistan and not Iraq. Howard says something like "going to a war zone like Afghanistan... or Iraq", and the look of horror on Gary's face is priceless, then before they can cut away to Robin, Gary looks at Artie and just shrugs in disbelief. Then after that, Howard couldn't stop saying "Iraq", knowing he screwed up. Pretty funny.

yankeesAZ
03-17-08, 11:23 PM
Artie saw "the hottest girl we've ever had on the show" again. Even Ralph called him out on it. First time I may have ever agreed with him.

The stories about Spitzer's girl were interesting (web reviews of hookers) and if the governor is going to get the boot, may as well get caught with her.

AMYanks
03-18-08, 12:20 AM
I liked the stories about Spitzer's girl, I just didn't like the guy telling them. He could never get to the point, he kept rambling and rambling, and at one point he even said he lost his train of thought. You could tell Howard was getting annoyed.

AMYanks
03-18-08, 08:58 PM
Benjy's in 2nd place to be Paris' new BFF. :lol:

http://parisbff.com/people/BenjyBenjy

AMYanks
03-20-08, 10:44 PM
I've seen Cruel Intentions a few times and didn't even know until he mentioned it today that Fred had a cameo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm9IYCpJkqU (7 minute mark)

JDPNYY
03-20-08, 10:53 PM
Benjy's in 2nd place to be Paris' new BFF. :lol:

http://parisbff.com/people/BenjyBenjy

He's now in first place.... by a wide margin.

AMYanks
03-26-08, 11:14 PM
It's been awhile since I looked forward to something on the Stern show as much as I'm looking forward to the Newlyweird Game this Tuesday. Evil Dave and his girlfriend? It will be radio gold. George Takei with Brad and Blue Iris and her husband will be great as well.

Actually, George will be in all week. Awesome.

yankeesAZ
03-26-08, 11:19 PM
It's been awhile since I looked forward to something on the Stern show as much as I'm looking forward to the Newlyweird Game this Tuesday. Evil Dave and his girlfriend? It will be radio gold. George Takei with Brad and Blue Iris and her husband will be great as well.

Does this mean, no "Eric from Hoboken" for a week?

It's always a good week when George is there. Now Artie can sleep for the whole week.

SubwayFanatic
03-27-08, 07:46 AM

The show has really gotten better the last few weeks. The crew seems way, way more into it.

I also like that they are bringing more games back.

tdel23
03-27-08, 10:43 AM
I'm looking forward to George Takai being in studio next week.

Octoberbaby
03-28-08, 02:12 AM
I'm looking forward to George Takai being in studio next week.

Me too! :)

yankeesAZ
03-29-08, 03:47 PM
Here's Artie's recent appearance on Donny Deutch's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrU3BUc67Yc

He really looks worse if that's possible. Then they feed him cupcakes! WTF?

AMYanks
03-29-08, 06:30 PM
It's sad they had Artie do the cupcake test the same day Gary's AIDS charity announced they were refusing to take anymore profits for the Artie Lange cupcake.

AMYanks
03-31-08, 09:35 PM
I think the show is setting up an April Fool's Joke AND a prank on George Takei tomorrow with Artie being out today.

Howard brought up the fact that Artie always seems to be out on the first day George is in (3 of the last 4 times). Howard finally said today he is kind of annoyed by Artie being out so much. I think tomorrow Artie will be there, there will be a big argument between Howard and Artie with Artie admitting he purposely doesn't show up because George is there, and that he really doesn't like George or gay people. He'll say he's quitting the show, and then leave. Then perhaps later that day, or at the end of the week, they'll let George (and the audience) in on the joke.

George is no longer fooled simply by the sound board prank calls. Last time, Artie "came out of the closet" to George when George thought no one was watching. They have to go with these well planned pranks to get him now.

I could be completely off, but I couldn't help think this is the case. Also, lying in bed all day recovering from surgery allows me to over think these things. ;)

yankeesAZ
03-31-08, 10:32 PM
I think the show is setting up an April Fool's Joke AND a prank on George Takei tomorrow with Artie being out today.

Howard brought up the fact that Artie always seems to be out on the first day George is in (3 of the last 4 times). Howard finally said today he is kind of annoyed by Artie being out so much. I think tomorrow Artie will be there, there will be a big argument between Howard and Artie with Artie admitting he purposely doesn't show up because George is there, and that he really doesn't like George or gay people. He'll say he's quitting the show, and then leave. Then perhaps later that day, or at the end of the week, they'll let George (and the audience) in on the joke.

George is no longer fooled simply by the sound board prank calls. Last time, Artie "came out of the closet" to George when George thought no one was watching. They have to go with these well planned pranks to get him now.

I could be completely off, but I couldn't help think this is the case. Also, lying in bed all day recovering from surgery allows me to over think these things. ;)

I don't think so. There will definitely be some kind of prank with April fools being tomorrow, but I think Artie's absence is definitely for real.

I think Gary hit it on the head. When George is there, he knows there is someone to fill in for him.

Don't think this PSA is going to happen and really it would be a total joke for Artie to do it.

effdamets
04-01-08, 07:31 AM
Did I just hear correctly? Did Howard just say Jose Canseco was coming ont he show today?

Please Lord, make this the day that f*cker gets hit by the express bus!

RhodyYanksFan
04-01-08, 07:35 AM
Did I just hear correctly? Did Howard just say Jose Canseco was coming ont he show today?

Canseco is supposed to be on O&A today.

effdamets
04-01-08, 07:37 AM
Canseco is supposed to be on O&A today.
Great! Maybe a tree will fall on all three of them!

tdel23
04-01-08, 08:20 AM

Canseco is on Howard right now, he is talking about A-Rod trying to steal his ex wife now....

effdamets
04-01-08, 08:21 AM
Canseco is on Howard right now, he is talking about A-Rod trying to steal his ex wife now....
I've e-mailed the show 13 times telling Howard to get that low-life acumbag off the air!

tdel23
04-01-08, 08:45 AM
I've e-mailed the show 13 times telling Howard to get that low-life acumbag off the air!

They were also talking about Canseco walking off a show on FAN yesterday, was it Mike and the Mad Dog?

effdamets
04-01-08, 09:33 AM
They were also talking about Canseco walking off a show on FAN yesterday, was it Mike and the Mad Dog?
I don't know, but he is beginning to be exposed for the moeny grubbing sh*thead he really is and he doesn't like it.

In Mo I Trust
04-01-08, 10:16 AM

On WFAN.com there is a link up indicating that he was on the Boomer and Carton show this morning.

tdel23
04-01-08, 10:47 AM
On WFAN.com there is a link up indicating that he was on the Boomer and Carton show this morning.

oh thanks for the heads up.

yankeesAZ
04-01-08, 10:47 AM

I have it all recorded. Look forward to hearing it even if it is a bunch of crap.

effdamets
04-01-08, 10:52 AM
I have it all recorded. Look forward to hearing it even if it is a bunch of crap.
The only thing you will conclude from the segment is that Jose Canseco is one huge d*ckhead!

tdel23
04-01-08, 01:43 PM
I didn't hear the whole interview but I heard Howard say he was surprised Canseco didn't know what was in his own book. I guess Howard was reading a part where Canseco goes off on Matt Lauer and Canseco didn't realize that was in the book.

AMYanks
04-01-08, 07:53 PM
I was so annoyed that, after Howard admitted that Ralph having an ISDN line in his house was an April Fool's joke, he only took calls from people who were fooled. That was the most obvious thing I've ever heard in my life. Are there really people listening who think Howard would put an ISDN line in Ralph's house so he could interrupt at ANY time? Morons.

Between this and having strippers bowl on Howard TV, "The Revolution" is borderline pathetic.

NelsonMuntz
04-03-08, 12:01 AM
The only thing you will conclude from the segment is that Jose Canseco is one huge d*ckhead!
That, and A-Rod banged his wife :lol:

AMYanks
04-03-08, 12:33 AM
George Takei was just on Conan. Great stuff from George, as usual.

He said if Brad could suck as hard as Shatner's acting, he'd never leave the house. :lol:

Octoberbaby
04-03-08, 01:47 AM
That, and A-Rod banged his wife :lol:

I guess we know why he wants to burn ARod by implicating him in the steroid controversy!

effdamets
04-03-08, 08:50 AM
I guess we know why he wants to burn ARod by implicating him in the steroid controversy!
Well - he kinda said that...

Maybe today will be the day the express bus splatters Jose all over the freeway!

yankeesAZ
04-03-08, 09:33 PM
Gary "The Retard" going to the moon was funny. Too bad he didn't completely fall for it (by riding back in the ship).

Wish the other parts of Gary-Palooza worked out as it had great potential on paper, but Gary hated every "special guest" Howard brought in for him.

AMYanks
04-04-08, 10:56 PM
Artie on Kimmel tonight.

AMYanks
04-07-08, 05:19 PM
Ryan Phillippe's the best fan ever. Trying to get JD laid at an Artie show. :lol:

yankeesAZ
04-07-08, 06:49 PM
Ryan Phillippe's the best fan ever. Trying to get JD laid at an Artie show. :lol:

I've had enough of Robin's "Girl's Night Out" (GNO).

AMYanks
04-07-08, 09:13 PM
I've had enough of Robin's "Girl's Night Out" (GNO).

I've had enough of Robin... period.

She used to be a good balance for Howard. Now, between all her money and her weight loss, she is so annoying. I can't wait until she goes back to being bigger looking than Artie, which she was around this time last year.

yankeesAZ
04-07-08, 11:21 PM
I've had enough of Robin... period.

She used to be a good balance for Howard. Now, between all her money and her weight loss, she is so annoying. I can't wait until she goes back to being bigger looking than Artie, which she was around this time last year.

The "President of Eritrea" voice (Fred) was cracking me up. Not what he was saying as what goes on in that country is awful, but the voice itself.

yankeesAZ
04-09-08, 11:27 PM
If I could change my screen name today, it would be "Rusty" :P

Those calls cracked me up. Heard most of them before, but hearing them all at once was funny and that public access shows will not even take calls now because of this is funny.

effdamets
04-10-08, 07:59 AM
Anybody know what happened with Artie this morning? I was in transit and cannot wait until the replay!!!

YASS
04-10-08, 08:35 AM
I love this thread. I don't get Sirius, so I can't listen, but I have Howard TV, so this is a "coming attractions" thread for me.

So, yeah, what happened with Artie?

tdel23
04-10-08, 08:58 AM
Anybody know what happened with Artie this morning? I was in transit and cannot wait until the replay!!!

He and Teddy had a HUGE fight, Benji, Will, Gary and Ronnie had to hold Artie back so he wouldn't attack Teddy. I think Artie still throw some water at home. I don't know if they sent Artie home or he just went home.

I'm thinking the Amsterdam trip isn't a great idea for Artie right now.

tdel23
04-10-08, 09:09 AM
Howard Stern Show fixture Artie Lange walked out of the studio after an argument and subsequent outburst at his personal assistant on the air.

Lange, who became a part of the show's daily routine in October of 2001, was spotted disputing with his assistant in the hallways off the air. When it was brought up to Stern, he asked Teddy to come into the studio and discuss the situation on the air.

Lange began to express his disdain for his assistant of nearly two years because of recent money issues. Teddy retorted by implying there's more to the job than meets the eye.

The two are slated to travel to Amsterdam this evening and the squabble began over setting up Lange's travel accommodations. However, the in-studio dispute quickly escalated into a discussion about how much Lange finances Teddy, who is affectionately called "Teddy Microphone" around the studio.

As the argument continued, Lange became enraged and physically lashed out at Teddy, but the physical confrontation was apparently diffused by other members in the studio.

When Lange returned, he said Teddy would be "dead" had he reached him and he'd be in jail.

Stern then expressed his feelings on the situation, saying he cannot condone Lange's actions. The comedian, who has had a similar outburst on the air in the past, said he cannot guarantee he can refrain from acting out in the future. Upon hearing that, Stern said he cannot have Lange around with the potential of such actions looming.

Artie then offered his resignation, Stern accepted, but told Lange to leave and cool off.

Teddy returned to the studio several minutes later and said there was overreacting from everyone, but did not downplay the seriousness of the situation.

Show producer Gary Dell'Abate came in to analyze the situation, but he and Stern admitted they "did not know what to make of it all."

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities_blog/2008/04/artie_lange_walks_off_the_howa.html

the west coast feed of this should be on about now.

yankeesAZ
04-10-08, 10:31 AM
Howard Stern Show fixture Artie Lange walked out of the studio after an argument and subsequent outburst at his personal assistant on the air.

Lange, who became a part of the show's daily routine in October of 2001, was spotted disputing with his assistant in the hallways off the air. When it was brought up to Stern, he asked Teddy to come into the studio and discuss the situation on the air.

Lange began to express his disdain for his assistant of nearly two years because of recent money issues. Teddy retorted by implying there's more to the job than meets the eye.

The two are slated to travel to Amsterdam this evening and the squabble began over setting up Lange's travel accommodations. However, the in-studio dispute quickly escalated into a discussion about how much Lange finances Teddy, who is affectionately called "Teddy Microphone" around the studio.

As the argument continued, Lange became enraged and physically lashed out at Teddy, but the physical confrontation was apparently diffused by other members in the studio.

When Lange returned, he said Teddy would be "dead" had he reached him and he'd be in jail.

Stern then expressed his feelings on the situation, saying he cannot condone Lange's actions. The comedian, who has had a similar outburst on the air in the past, said he cannot guarantee he can refrain from acting out in the future. Upon hearing that, Stern said he cannot have Lange around with the potential of such actions looming.

Artie then offered his resignation, Stern accepted, but told Lange to leave and cool off.

Teddy returned to the studio several minutes later and said there was overreacting from everyone, but did not downplay the seriousness of the situation.

Show producer Gary Dell'Abate came in to analyze the situation, but he and Stern admitted they "did not know what to make of it all."

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities_blog/2008/04/artie_lange_walks_off_the_howa.html

the west coast feed of this should be on about now.

Can't wait to play this whole scene back today. They are on vacation next week, so we'll have to wait and see about the outcome.

tdel23
04-10-08, 01:31 PM
they didn't replay the show on channel 100, they went with a show from earlier in the week.

b-ball-lunachick
04-10-08, 01:42 PM
Dang a guy I work with gave me the update this morning! I wish he was on XM already..

Did anyone see Artie on Conan recently? He was hilarious but the b/f and I were both a little worried-- I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead within two years...he looked terrible.

CyYoung4Vazquez
04-10-08, 02:35 PM
Artie's been pretty bad lately. Constantly calling in sick and falling asleep during the show. I would not be surprised if this was his last show.

Yanks21
04-10-08, 04:15 PM
FWIW, today's show has been pulled from replay, and apparently, it will not be aired over the weekend. However, it is available for listening on Youtube...

AMYanks
04-10-08, 04:28 PM
If you didn't hear it, there are "other" ways to get it. ;)

yankeesAZ
04-10-08, 07:08 PM
FWIW, today's show has been pulled from replay, and apparently, it will not be aired over the weekend. However, it is available for listening on Youtube...

Have it all recorded on the Stiletto player. That was intense and it could very well be his last show. Artie has been a mess for too long and at the very least he should take some extended time off.

For once, this may be a good time for a vacation for the show.

AMYanks
04-10-08, 10:13 PM
My prediction: Bob Levy has already called Gary about the "Artie chair".

AMYanks
04-10-08, 10:18 PM
I also thought it was funny listening to Teddy after the incident. He sounded like a battered wife.

"He doesn't mean it. He has a big heart, you guys don't understand." :lol:

tdel23
04-11-08, 09:13 AM
Jay Thomas said today that both Artie and Teddy were on the plane to Amsterdam.

yankeesAZ
04-11-08, 10:29 AM

Hopefully with Artie in 1st class and Teddy way in the back.

Finally was able to get on Stern Fan Network and they are flooded with pissed off people because they have yet to replay the show and may not replay it all.

b-ball-lunachick
04-11-08, 10:52 AM
Listened to it in three parts on youtube last night..I'm seriously worried about Artie. :(

AMYanks
04-11-08, 04:31 PM

Oh boy. All that heroin for Artie.

Even if Artie wants to come back, I don't think Howard can let him. This is the second time he's thrown something, and the third time he would've tried to kill someone if the guy didn't leave the room. AJ Benza took one shot at John and was banned forever (although Howard has kind of hinted that was K-Rock's decision, he's not perma-banned from SIRIUS).

I just pray Greg Fitzsimmons isn't a possible replacement.

Octoberbaby
04-11-08, 04:42 PM
Have it all recorded on the Stiletto player. That was intense and it could very well be his last show. Artie has been a mess for too long and at the very least he should take some extended time off.

For once, this may be a good time for a vacation for the show.

I agree, Artie is a mess! He lashed out before which shows he has a lot of pent up anger, which he refuses to work on. He messed up his reconciliation attempt with Dana. He keeps missing shows or sleeping through them. I was wondering when Howard would wake up to what bad shape Artie is in. They fired AJ Benza for less than this!

I am so happy I taped the show during the East Coast feed rather than wait until a playback. Sometimes I wait but this time I didn't. I did get confused later when they were replaying a show from last week. I thought maybe they went on vacation early until I check my recording of the show and realized it was a new show.

yankeesAZ
04-11-08, 04:49 PM
I agree, Artie is a mess! He lashed out before which shows he has a lot of pent up anger, which he refuses to work on. He messed up his reconciliation attempt with Dana. He keeps missing shows or sleeping through them. I was wondering when Howard would wake up to what bad shape Artie is in. They fired AJ Benza for less than this!

I am so happy I taped the show during the East Coast feed rather than wait until a playback. Sometimes I wait but this time I didn't. I did get confused later when they were replaying a show from last week. I thought maybe they went on vacation early until I check my recording of the show and realized it was a new show.

I always tape the east coast feed so its waiting for me when I wake up.

Does anyone know if the west coast feed aired the same exact show?

Octoberbaby
04-11-08, 04:52 PM
I always tape the east coast feed so its waiting for me when I wake up.

Does anyone know if the west coast feed aired the same exact show?

Most of the time I do the same. I never tape or listen to the West Coast feed so I don't know what they played.

AMYanks
04-12-08, 01:26 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y-_VZtSwzWA

At the 2:13 mark, a guy named "Kevin" calls in... but it sounds almost identical to Stuttering John. :lol:

Could it be!? Wouldn't surprise me. Probably the only way he can talk to Howard anymore.

yankeesAZ
04-13-08, 10:00 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y-_VZtSwzWA

At the 2:13 mark, a guy named "Kevin" calls in... but it sounds almost identical to Stuttering John. :lol:

Could it be!? Wouldn't surprise me. Probably the only way he can talk to Howard anymore.

It sounded like him. Maybe Howard was in on it. After all, he has his "random" callers who constantly schill Howard TV.

AMYanks
04-18-08, 12:19 AM
Artie says he'll be back Monday.

http://savebabygorilla.com/2008/04/17/artie-lange-to-return-on-monday/

yankeesAZ
04-18-08, 12:45 AM
Artie says he'll be back Monday.

http://savebabygorilla.com/2008/04/17/artie-lange-to-return-on-monday/

Monday's show will be the most anticipated show in a long time. Stern better no water down anything. Just like his station says, "No more BS!"

On a side note Howard is up again for the radio HOF:

http://www.museum.tv/rhofsection.php?page=448

Howard not in the radio HOF is like excluding Babe Ruth from the baseball HOF!:mad:

AMYanks
04-18-08, 02:21 AM
Monday's show will be the most anticipated show in a long time. Stern better no water down anything. Just like his station says, "No more BS!"

Howard not in the radio HOF is like excluding Babe Ruth from the baseball HOF!:mad:

I don't know if they've done it in years past, but this time people can vote online. If that's the case, I think he'll get in.

yankeesAZ
04-18-08, 11:46 AM
I don't know if they've done it in years past, but this time people can vote online. If that's the case, I think he'll get in.

Yes we can vote online. Think this might come up for discussion next week?;) :

"The national online balloting will begin on May 1st and ends at midnight on July 15th. The voting process will be monitored by Votenet (http://www.votenet.com/), a highly respected online vote tabulating firm, and results will be ratified by the Steering Committee of the NRHOF.

Voting is free and open to the public as well as major radio industry leaders, however, an online registration will be required and will be available after May 1st."

Octoberbaby
04-20-08, 12:21 AM

Regarding Artie, I just got around to listening to last Thursday's show and feel that Howard should not allow Artie back. I am not saying to fire him permanently. What is needed at this point is an intervention. Artie is out of control and he is being enabled by Howard and the show. He will never shape up if people continue to let him slide on his addiction. An addict never learns anything by being talked to, by being enabled, or by being allowed to exhibit addict behavior and get away with it. He should be suspended and given the direction to go to rehab, get off the food, booze, drugs or whatever is eating him. Only after completing rehab should he be allowed back.

I agree that Howard should be in the HOF!

yankeesAZ
04-20-08, 01:12 AM
Regarding Artie, I just got around to listening to last Thursday's show and feel that Howard should not allow Artie back. I am not saying to fire him permanently. What is needed at this point is an intervention. Artie is out of control and he is being enabled by Howard and the show. He will never shape up if people continue to let him slide on his addiction. An addict never learns anything by being talked to, by being enabled, or by being allowed to exhibit addict behavior and get away with it. He should be suspended and given the direction to go to rehab, get off the food, booze, drugs or whatever is eating him. Only after completing rehab should he be allowed back.

I agree that Howard should be in the HOF!

Actually, I listened to the Weds show where the literally brought out a bed for him so he could sleep during the show. That is even more disturbing though it was funny with a mic near him.

Here's a pic:

http://www.howardstern.com/dtcms/tsimg/13_19228.jpg

AMYanks
04-20-08, 02:05 AM
A little over 24 hours until the Baby Gorilla is officially back.

Happy dance.

http://i29.tinypic.com/wb9or9.gif
(http://i29.tinypic.com/wb9or9.gif)

yankeesAZ
04-20-08, 09:58 AM
A little over 24 hours until the Baby Gorilla is officially back.

Happy dance.

http://i29.tinypic.com/wb9or9.gif
(http://i29.tinypic.com/wb9or9.gif)

This may be the most anticipated show since he launched on Sirius.

I better not hear one word from Eric from Hoboken in the first hour!

Octoberbaby
04-20-08, 09:12 PM
Actually, I listened to the Weds show where the literally brought out a bed for him so he could sleep during the show. That is even more disturbing though it was funny with a mic near him.

Here's a pic:

http://www.howardstern.com/dtcms/tsimg/13_19228.jpg

Ugh, he looks like a Hippo with a 5 o'clock shadow! :eek:

I agree it is funny when it is happening but it is also tragic. Artie is heading for an early demise and that is not going to be so funny when it happens. IMO, he is holding the whole show and Howard hostage to his bad behavior. Everyone is afraid to confront what is really happening here. In the meantime, Artie really needs help.

yankeesAZ
04-21-08, 11:14 AM
Artie's back. Anyone not surprised? I'm only 30 minutes into the show.

So how long until the next blowup?

tdel23
04-21-08, 11:17 AM
a clean shaven Artie too!

RhodyYanksFan
04-21-08, 11:18 AM

Next time Howard feels his show isn't relevant anymore.

KLJ
04-21-08, 11:18 AM
i thought the entire morning was pretty lame

yankeesAZ
04-21-08, 11:23 AM

Haven't gotten that far yet. Do I have "Eric from Hoboken" to look forward to?

SubwayFanatic
04-21-08, 08:14 PM
Next time Howard feels his show isn't relevant anymore.

Most listened to show on satellite radio, isn't it?

Jesus, you are the anti-Howard troll that just won't go away, huh? ;)

Octoberbaby
04-21-08, 08:44 PM

Howard and Robin both said there will be no forgiveness the next time and believe me, there will be a next time! As I said, until Artie confronts and faces the truth about himself, forgiving him is an exercize in futility. They are all big enablers. I could hardly listen to the BS and to Artie and what he had to say this morning.

If anyone knows the email address please share it because I would like to email them to tell them to bring back AJ Benza!

AMYanks
04-21-08, 08:44 PM
I'm glad they finally called out Robin on her charity being a way to get her publicity, even if they dropped it rather quickly. I just wish someone on that show would tell Robin off. She's worse than ever, and she used to be pretty awful.

RIG
04-21-08, 08:59 PM

It was dumb

AMYanks
04-21-08, 10:49 PM
If anyone knows the email address please share it because I would like to email them to tell them to bring back AJ Benza!

The best thing Stuttering John ever did for the Stern show was take the slap from AJ Benza. If he had won the job, I probably would have never listened to the show again.

NelsonMuntz
04-21-08, 11:22 PM
The best thing Stuttering John ever did for the Stern show was take the slap from AJ Benza. If he had won the job, I probably would have never listened to the show again.
Co-sign. I hated Benza.

AMYanks
04-21-08, 11:31 PM
Letterman gave Howard a plug tonight in the Top 10 list. Category was "Signs President Bush has too much time on his hands". #8 was "Calls foreign leaders yelling 'Ba ba Booey! Ba ba Booey!", then said "Listen to the Howard Stern Show exclusively on SIRIUS Satellite Radio."

It seems like Letterman's been the only guy loyal for all 25 years Howard's been in New York.

AMYanks
04-21-08, 11:32 PM
Co-sign. I hated Benza.

In the short time he was there, he interrupted Howard more than Robin's interrupted him in 30 years. :lol:

Octoberbaby
04-22-08, 02:17 AM
In the short time he was there, he interrupted Howard more than Robin's interrupted him in 30 years. :lol:

And I guess Artie doesn't interrupt Howard? I will take AJ's interuptions over Arties any day. AJ always had interesting stories as opposed to Arties. Artie's stories are totally narcissistic, all about himself. I do like Artie but do not see what he adds to the show.

But my only point is that it is a double standard to fire AJ for one transgression in which he threw a punch at Stuttering John, who deserved it by the way. This is the second time Artie has thrown things and would have creamed someone if he was not restrained. What normal people act like that? I don't think AJ was out of control like Artie was. I think AJ was good and pissed because S. John was jealous and wanted to sabotage AJ. John deserved what he got and should not have been allowed to succeed in his attempt to get rid of AJ.

AMYanks
04-22-08, 03:11 AM
And I guess Artie doesn't interrupt Howard? I will take AJ's interuptions over Arties any day. AJ always had interesting stories as opposed to Arties. Artie's stories are totally narcissistic, all about himself. I do like Artie but do not see what he adds to the show.

But my only point is that it is a double standard to fire AJ for one transgression in which he threw a punch at Stuttering John, who deserved it by the way. This is the second time Artie has thrown things and would have creamed someone if he was not restrained. What normal people act like that? I don't think AJ was out of control like Artie was. I think AJ was good and pissed because S. John was jealous and wanted to sabotage AJ. John deserved what he got and should not have been allowed to succeed in his attempt to get rid of AJ.

Artie rarely interrupts Howard, imo. And if he does, it's to get a joke out. AJ would do it constantly, and nothing he said was funny. I'd love to find out who was the person who got him a shot at that seat. AJ's only interesting story wasn't interesting until Trump was on the phone, and even if Trump was in the wrong, he certainly won the battle of wits. I'll take an Artie "Bad Cop" story over AJ's gossip crap any day.

But the only reason I don't think there was a double standard was because K-Rock banned AJ from the building. SIRIUS didn't ban Artie. I do think if K-Rock didn't ban him, he probably wouldn't have been back any way because John was going to try to get even, something Teddy wouldn't do. If it was up to Howard, I think AJ would've stayed.

I also don't think the reason AJ gave for punching John was reason enough to punch him. He said John was putting only negative calls through, even though John just puts anyone through and it's up to Howard to put them on the air. I guess he couldn't believe people didn't like his awful gossip show.

yankeesAZ
04-22-08, 10:43 AM
Let's settle this with AJ vs Artie in the "Bubbagon"! ;)

tdel23
04-23-08, 08:48 AM
I thought the whole Ralph story he told was pretty funny yesterday..typical ass**** Ralph!

yankeesAZ
04-23-08, 10:43 AM
I thought the whole Ralph story he told was pretty funny yesterday..typical ass**** Ralph!

The one where he's ringing the buzzer when Howard is on a conference call?

AMYanks
04-23-08, 06:33 PM
Howard really needs to stop taking calls from this Eric from Hoboken. It's really too much now. The old Howard would get disgusted with the constant ass kissing. If I hear this guy call in and talk about how his entire day and night revolves around watching a certain "brilliant" episode of Howard TV, I think I'll jump out of a window.

yankeesAZ
04-23-08, 07:57 PM
Howard really needs to stop taking calls from this Eric from Hoboken. It's really too much now. The old Howard would get disgusted with the constant ass kissing. If I hear this guy call in and talk about how his entire day and night revolves around watching a certain "brilliant" episode of Howard TV, I think I'll jump out of a window.

Yes, I heard it too. I was going to actually get it for the Artie fight, but his call talked me out of it.

The only other time I saw Howard TV was a free preview and what I mostly saw was Beetle, Sal, and Richard's dick and I said to myself, "I have to pay for that?"

Here's the fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJZ_gpBdtuo

YASS
04-23-08, 08:41 PM
Yes, I heard it too. I was going to actually get it for the Artie fight, but his call talked me out of it.

The only other time I saw Howard TV was a free preview and what I mostly saw was Beetle, Sal, and Richard's dick and I said to myself, "I have to pay for that?"

Here's the fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJZ_gpBdtuo
The Artie fight hasn't been shown on Howard TV. They say they'll "probably" show it some time in the future.

AMYanks
04-23-08, 08:51 PM
The Artie fight hasn't been shown on Howard TV. They say they'll "probably" show it some time in the future.

It's been up for two days now.

Maybe some cable providers haven't updated it yet.

YASS
04-23-08, 08:54 PM
It's been up for two days now.

Maybe some cable providers haven't updated it yet.
Ah, thanks. It wasn't there this morning, but it's there now.

yankeesAZ
04-23-08, 09:18 PM

It's right there in the Youtube clip.

tdel23
04-24-08, 08:35 AM
one of the original wack packers Kenneth Keith Kallenbach passed away.

yankeesAZ
04-24-08, 11:21 AM

Wow, he was in jail awaiting trial for trying to abduct a 16 year-old girl I think.

AMYanks
04-24-08, 06:24 PM

Did they mention this on the show? I haven't listened to any after the "Arnold" phone call yet.

By the way, thank you Howard for keeping the AJ Benza phone call under 5 minutes. I knew when he started with the awful Dick Clark joke that it was going to be a painful interview.

AMYanks
04-24-08, 07:01 PM
Just heard Steve's report. Sad news. He was a great Wack Packer.

AMYanks
04-24-08, 09:10 PM
http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=672010

Howard Stern Still Dominates Satellite Listening
April 24, 2008

Arbitron has released ratings for satellite radio for the fall of 2007 and Howard Stern's Sirius channels are still the most-listened to stations on either service. The survey found that over half a million listeners had signed up for satellite radio since the Spring 2007 survey. As one would expect, the NFL on Sirius and holiday-related stations saw an increase in listenership in the fall as opposed to the spring survey.

Howard Stern 100 on Sirius is the most listened to channel on satellite, with a 0.04 AQH rating and a cume of 1,210,000 listeners 12+. His Stern 101 channel has a 0.01 AQH and a cume of 501,100. Over on XM, Opie & Anthony's Virus channel pulls in a 0.01 AQH 12+, with a cume of 171,300.

Sirius Hits 1 is the only other Sirius channel with over half a million cume. On XM, the '60's, '70's and '80's channels all cross the 500,000 cume mark, with a 0.01 AQH rating. The XM Top 20 on 20 channel had a cume of 1,049,200 and a 0.01 AQH rating. The fall data further shows that for all of satellite's many niche stations, the channels that play the hits still continue to be the top rated music channels.

Btw, by "listeners" they mean "subscribers", so Howard has nearly 2.5 million people. I wish he would just be honest and use that number instead of thinking every single subscriber to SIRIUS listens to him.

yankeesAZ
04-24-08, 09:14 PM
Howard Stern asked his listeners not to vote for him for the radio HOF.

As far as he is concerned the Radio HOF should be named "The Howard Stern HOF" and it should be located at his house.:D

tdel23
04-25-08, 01:50 PM
They are replaying the Artie meltdown show on Saturday on 101 starting at 9am eastern.

Octoberbaby
04-26-08, 02:34 AM

How did that happen? The last I heard he was in jail for trying to abduct a minor!

yankeesAZ
04-26-08, 10:39 PM
How did that happen? The last I heard he was in jail for trying to abduct a minor!

Died of complication of pneumonia while in jail awaiting trial. They did transport him from a prison hospital to a real one, but it didn't help.

AMYanks
05-01-08, 09:05 PM
It was awesome to hear Robin this morning absolutely call Howard on the fake Howard TV phone calls. He was pretending that they're all coincidental, and then went to the Robin crutch as he always does when someone puts heat on him, and she hung him out to dry. Beautiful.

Just stop lying to the fans, Howard. I think we'd all be far less annoyed if you at least admitted you were going to purposely take pro-HTV calls, and not act like it's some big coincidence.

yankeesAZ
05-01-08, 09:15 PM
It was awesome to hear Robin this morning absolutely call Howard on the fake Howard TV phone calls. He was pretending that they're all coincidental, and then went to the Robin crutch as he always does when someone puts heat on him, and she hung him out to dry. Beautiful.

Just stop lying to the fans, Howard. I think we'd all be far less annoyed if you at least admitted you were going to purposely take pro-HTV calls, and not act like it's some big coincidence.

How far into the show when this happened. I just got done with the "Ugliest Guy Hottest Wife" contest.

AMYanks
05-01-08, 09:18 PM
How far into the show when this happened. I just got done with the "Ugliest Guy Hottest Wife" contest.

Mutt was promoting Super Fan Round Table. Right after Langford and Jon Hein. Mutt was talking about some of the "conspiracies" the fans believe in.

yankeesAZ
05-01-08, 10:25 PM
Mutt was promoting Super Fan Round Table. Right after Langford and Jon Hein. Mutt was talking about some of the "conspiracies" the fans believe in.

Good, its about damn time Howard got called out on these calls.

Here's an online petition to stop "Eric from Hoboken" calls (lol, gotta love SFN):

http://www.petitiononline.com/6687954/petition.html

Octoberbaby
05-02-08, 08:10 PM
Died of complication of pneumonia while in jail awaiting trial. They did transport him from a prison hospital to a real one, but it didn't help.

That is a sad situation. I wonder how long they let him sit there with pneumonia before they finally moved him to a real hospital?

BTW, I have been having a problem with my satellite feed on my Stiletto. I record it and the recording comes in scrambled, not in order, so I will hear the middle of an interview first and then the beginning after that. It is getting on my nerves. Do you have any idea why that would be happening?

yankeesAZ
05-02-08, 08:16 PM
That is a sad situation. I wonder how long they let him sit there with pneumonia before they finally moved him to a real hospital?

BTW, I have been having a problem with my satellite feed on my Stiletto. I record it and the recording comes in scrambled, not in order, so I will hear the middle of an interview first and then the beginning after that. It is getting on my nerves. Do you have any idea why that would be happening?

That's a weird problem. Maybe try removing the battery, which will do a reboot. Then go play back the part the was scrambled.

Also try recording some other show and see if the same thing happens there.

Are you still under warranty? You get a year. I had to replace my unit once for a different issue.

Octoberbaby
05-02-08, 08:21 PM
That's a weird problem. Maybe try removing the battery, which will do a reboot. Then go play back the part the was scrambled.

Also try recording some other show and see if the same thing happens there.

Are you still under warranty? You get a year. I had to replace my unit once for a different issue.

I have taken the battery out and that does nothing.

I think I am still under warranty and have been meaning to call but haven't had time. I better call them right away before I lose the warranty. I did speak with them once on another issue and they told me to download some new software but I have a Mac so I couldn't do it. I wonder if it has to do with that?

yankeesAZ
05-02-08, 08:25 PM
I have taken the battery out and that does nothing.

I think I am still under warranty and have been meaning to call but haven't had time. I better call them right away before I lose the warranty. I did speak with them once on another issue and they told me to download some new software but I have a Mac so I couldn't do it. I wonder if it has to do with that?

Doubtful the software update will fix it. This is a very consistent problem with your recordings?

Octoberbaby
05-02-08, 08:27 PM
Doubtful the software update will fix it. This is a very consistent problem with your recordings?

At first it was one show and then the next ones were OK. Then all of a sudden it is every show I record that comes out this way.

Octoberbaby
05-02-08, 09:20 PM
I called Sirius and the tech guy told me it is because I need to download the new software. I can't do it on my Mac so I don't know what I am going to do. This is really annoying. Why can't these companies have radios that are Mac compatible?

yankeesAZ
05-02-08, 10:35 PM
I called Sirius and the tech guy told me it is because I need to download the new software. I can't do it on my Mac so I don't know what I am going to do. This is really annoying. Why can't these companies have radios that are Mac compatible?

You can use the wi-fi settings on your Stiletto also. If you can find a free wi-fi connection that works. The download should happen automatically once you are connected. You'll be able to see the download happen in the settings area. Been a long time since I updated, so can't remember exactly. It does take a little time so be patient with the downloads.

The other suggestion is to take your USB cord and software (can be downloaded easily from Sirius) to a friend's place that has a PC and update it there.

Octoberbaby
05-03-08, 02:48 AM
You can use the wi-fi settings on your Stiletto also. If you can find a free wi-fi connection that works. The download should happen automatically once you are connected. You'll be able to see the download happen in the settings area. Been a long time since I updated, so can't remember exactly. It does take a little time so be patient with the downloads.

The other suggestion is to take your USB cord and software (can be downloaded easily from Sirius) to a friend's place that has a PC and update it there.

You know I set it to Internet radio hoping someone in my neighborhood has wi-fi and there were 4 that came up but they were all locked and needed a password. I once was staying in a hotel and it did a download there so I know that does work. I just have to find a place that has a free wi-fi connection to try it. Would I just put it on Internet radio, that is what happened last year when I downloaded some software.

The guy I spoke to at Sirius said that I am not the only person who is having this problem. They updated the software when they came out with the new Stiletto I guess.

yankeesAZ
05-03-08, 09:18 AM
You know I set it to Internet radio hoping someone in my neighborhood has wi-fi and there were 4 that came up but they were all locked and needed a password. I once was staying in a hotel and it did a download there so I know that does work. I just have to find a place that has a free wi-fi connection to try it. Would I just put it on Internet radio, that is what happened last year when I downloaded some software.

The guy I spoke to at Sirius said that I am not the only person who is having this problem. They updated the software when they came out with the new Stiletto I guess.

Yes, put it on internet radio. I guess you could drive around until you find an unsecured connection that works.

Octoberbaby
05-03-08, 03:05 PM
Yes, put it on internet radio. I guess you could drive around until you find an unsecured connection that works.

:lol: And then I would have to sit there until it downloads! I think I will try to find a cafe that offers free wi-fi and just drink some decaf until it downloads. I hope it doesn't take more than an hour, that should be an OK amount of time to sit there.

AMYanks
05-06-08, 07:54 PM
Now Howard just says "Eric you're on the air", as if not mentioning Hoboken will fool the audience. I thought after Mutt and Robin called him out on the bogus HTV calls, they would finally end. But I guess not.

I miss the days of Howard caring about his audience.

Octoberbaby
05-06-08, 08:29 PM
Now Howard just says "Eric you're on the air", as if not mentioning Hoboken will fool the audience. I thought after Mutt and Robin called him out on the bogus HTV calls, they would finally end. But I guess not.

I miss the days of Howard caring about his audience.

Me too!

tdel23
05-07-08, 08:46 AM
Antonio Pierce was interning at the show today...it was pretty funny, Howard made him go direct Howard TV.

AMYanks
05-08-08, 12:22 AM
I hope Antonio's back tomorrow. He was great. It took him 5 minutes to become a better director than Scott.

AMYanks
05-08-08, 12:26 AM
Here's a nice article about how, 2+ years later, CBS/terrestrial radio is still finding it impossible to replace Howard Stern. It's mostly about Adam Carolla, and the fact that his ratings growth in his two years leaves open the possibility he could be pretty successful in the long run.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120535527639031299.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Octoberbaby
05-08-08, 12:30 AM
I was LMAO today about Artie's story in the ER! :lol:

yankeesAZ
05-08-08, 12:31 AM
Here's a nice article about how, 2+ years later, CBS/terrestrial radio is still finding it impossible to replace Howard Stern. It's mostly about Adam Carolla, and the fact that his ratings growth in his two years leaves open the possibility he could be pretty successful in the long run.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120535527639031299.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Best of luck to Adam. Hope he continues to find success.

AMYanks
05-08-08, 12:39 AM
I was LMAO today about Artie's story in the ER! :lol:

"Can I take a message?

Oh that's horrible!"

Octoberbaby
05-08-08, 12:47 AM
"Can I take a message?

Oh that's horrible!"

:lol: :lol:

AMYanks
05-08-08, 01:28 AM
Artie's eye.

http://howardstern.com/dtcms/tsimg/13_46408.jpg

Octoberbaby
05-08-08, 01:42 AM
Artie's eye.

http://howardstern.com/dtcms/tsimg/13_46408.jpg

He is definitely going to have a scar there. :eek: He should have seen a plastic surgeon.

tdel23
05-08-08, 10:26 AM
Howard being irrelevant again...

Howard Stern rules satellite radio
Satellite radio may be a smaller pond, but there's no doubt about its biggest fish: Howard Stern.
According to an Arbitron report on satellite listening from October to December of last year, the number of people who listen to Stern at some point during the week is 1.21 million.
SIRIUS

1. Howard Stern, 1.21 million

2. Sirius Hits, 584,800

3. Howard 2, 501,100

4. New Country, 468,300

5. Big '80s, 417,900

6. Octane (metal), 383,700

7. Classic Vinyl, 347,100

8. Classic Rewind, 335,500

9. Pulse ('90s), 330,700

10. Totally '70s, 309,400

XM

1. Top 20 Hits, 1.05 million

2. Flight 26 (soft pop), 741,600

3. '80s, 698,300

4. '70s, 667,400

5. '60s, 581,300

6. Highway 16 (country), 579,500

7. Top Tracks (classic rock), 534,900

8. The Blend, 532,400

9. The Heart, 493,400

10. Fox News, 464,800

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/05/07/2008-05-07_howard_stern_rules_satellite_radio.html

NelsonMuntz
05-08-08, 11:45 AM
It still amazes me that the top 40 style channels are so popular on Satellite. Why pay to hear the same 20 songs that you can get for free, all day long, on your local HOT FM station? Aside from Howard, the reason I love satellite so much is the diverse music choices.

SubwayFanatic
05-08-08, 05:55 PM
I thought today's show was hysterical. Even though they went on and on, I was laughing at them talking in that fake British accent, "100 grand."

Artie bashing Eric the Midget was great. I loved him laughing at Eric shaving off his eyebrows.

tdel23
05-08-08, 07:22 PM
I thought today's show was hysterical. Even though they went on and on, I was laughing at them talking in that fake British accent, "100 grand."

Artie bashing Eric the Midget was great. I loved him laughing at Eric shaving off his eyebrows.

I loved when they were goofing on Dominic's phone connection for some reason

AMYanks
05-08-08, 07:29 PM
I liked them making fun of the "grand" accent guy, but after 1. Robin as usual tried to join in and be funny, only to bring everything to a screeching hault; and 2. It went on for hours; I got really tired of it.

Also, I wonder who on the Stern staff talked to Mutt this week after he totally called Howard out for the BS Howard TV calls. It's not a coincidence that the first thing Mutt said was something like "Stern fans are incredibly positive, it's really a credit to the show for being so great this week." Go on SFN at any time, and you'll think you're on an O&A board (back when they really disliked Howard). It's sad Mutt completely sold out for a little money and exposure.

Octoberbaby
05-08-08, 07:46 PM
I loved when they were goofing on Dominic's phone connection for some reason

I love it when they goof on Dominic for any reason! :D

SubwayFanatic
05-08-08, 07:46 PM
I liked them making fun of the "grand" accent guy, but after 1. Robin as usual tried to join in and be funny, only to bring everything to a screeching hault; and 2. It went on for hours; I got really tired of it.

Also, I wonder who on the Stern staff talked to Mutt this week after he totally called Howard out for the BS Howard TV calls. It's not a coincidence that the first thing Mutt said was something like "Stern fans are incredibly positive, it's really a credit to the show for being so great this week." Go on SFN at any time, and you'll think you're on an O&A board (back when they really disliked Howard). It's sad Mutt completely sold out for a little money and exposure.

The people though on SFN are insane.

I am not saying that everyone should be Howard sheep and agree with everything he says, think that everything is funny, etc.

But some of them bitch about literally everything they do on the show and it is really tiresome.

AMYanks
05-08-08, 08:17 PM
The people though on SFN are insane.

I am not saying that everyone should be Howard sheep and agree with everything he says, think that everything is funny, etc.

But some of them bitch about literally everything they do on the show and it is really tiresome.

I agree for the most part. But my point is, Mutt runs SFN. It's as negative as it's ever been, and that's how he gauges the audience. To come on and immediately say how much the fans are loving the show this week, and to go out of his way to credit Howard and the show the week after he really put Howard on the spot and made him look foolish (also thanks to Robin), it's really suspicious.

And even if SFN and the fans were that happy this week, to my knowledge, Mutt never opens up by giving such a definitive answer on their mood. Either someone talked to him, or on his own he realized he probably pissed Howard off last week and was going to do extra today to make it up to him.

OTOH, Scott vs Tim on the WUS was great.

AMYanks
05-12-08, 10:10 PM
JD would bang Linda Church from CW 11 but not Miss Black Howard Stern? Weird kid.

I also have to say, it's so funny reading all the posts on SFN from the people who just finished watching Bowling Beauties. I haven't seen it, but I know it's disgustingly awful.

Every once in a while, I can't help but think Howard has been playing a huge joke on the audience these last couple of years. Jackie couldn't have been Howard's ENTIRE comedic brain.

yankeesAZ
05-12-08, 10:57 PM
JD would bang Linda Church from CW 11 but not Miss Black Howard Stern? Weird kid.

I also have to say, it's so funny reading all the posts on SFN from the people who just finished watching Bowling Beauties. I haven't seen it, but I know it's disgustingly awful.

Every once in a while, I can't help but think Howard has been playing a huge joke on the audience these last couple of years. Jackie couldn't have been Howard's ENTIRE comedic brain.

The BB sounded like a trainwreck from the moment he announced it. Wasting so much time today on what was essentially an infomercial for HTV is insulting to the audience.

The first call tomorrow will be "Eric from Hoboken" (someone get rid of this guy please!) telling Howard how great it was.

The "Superfan Trivia" sounds more promising for tomorrow.

AMYanks
05-13-08, 01:40 AM
The "Superfan Trivia" sounds more promising for tomorrow.

Definitely. I can't imagine Kimmel losing, he seems just as obsessed as the super fans. I bet Jeff Probst is there just because he said he's a "big fan", and Booey has a Survivor obsession.

tdel23
05-13-08, 08:25 AM
that was a pretty cool trivia contest, I love how Kimmel(and Sara) are such big fans.

oh and i couldn't agree more with YankeesAZ...enough of Eric from Hoboken!!!!

CyYoung4Vazquez
05-13-08, 08:44 AM
[quote=AMYanks]JD would bang Linda Church from CW 11 but not Miss Black Howard Stern? Weird kid.
quote]

Sirius is a couple building over. During lunch, I see the Stern people quite a bit. JD is a really, really goofy looking dude.

yankeesAZ
05-13-08, 10:31 AM
that was a pretty cool trivia contest, I love how Kimmel(and Sara) are such big fans.

oh and i couldn't agree more with YankeesAZ...enough of Eric from Hoboken!!!!

Sounds good can't wait to listen to it in a bit.

SFN skewers Eric from Hoboken regularly. If Howard keeps putting him on, he'll become more hated than Ralph. Actually, I'd rather hear Ralph.

AMYanks
05-13-08, 02:30 PM
I think Jerry O'Connell listens to O&A. :lol:

tdel23
05-13-08, 02:36 PM
I think Jerry O'Connell listens to O&A. :lol:

yeah he did horrible! and he lives in NY so he was always able to listen to the show.

Octoberbaby
05-13-08, 05:40 PM
yeah he did horrible! and he lives in NY so he was always able to listen to the show.

The last time he was on he claimed to be a big HS fan! What happened?

AMYanks
05-13-08, 10:22 PM
My favorite part of the Wrap Up Show: Gary thinking Jessica Hahn's still a celebrity. :lol:

Jason's right, there's really nothing interesting about Jessica playing this game. She's just a regular caller/borderline wackpacker at this point. The only thing that would be interesting would be to see if she's really hit the wall.

yankeesAZ
05-13-08, 10:28 PM
My favorite part of the Wrap Up Show: Gary thinking Jessica Hahn's still a celebrity. :lol:

Jason's right, there's really nothing interesting about Jessica playing this game. She's just a regular caller/borderline wackpacker at this point. The only thing that would be interesting would be to see if she's really hit the wall.

She had a point with Howard kissing Barbera Walter's ass though. Great fight today.

AMYanks
05-13-08, 11:01 PM
She had a point with Howard kissing Barbera Walter's ass though. Great fight today.

My favorite part was Robin yelling at Howard, saying "the worst thing you can do is take your ball and go home, to say it's better not to talk anymore." Robin was the biggest offender of that with Stuttering John, Grillo, etc.

Octoberbaby
05-14-08, 02:36 AM

Jessica Hahn is no celebrity! Actually she was never a celebrity, just infamous and now she has sunken to wackpack status!

yankeesAZ
05-14-08, 10:30 AM
My favorite part was Robin yelling at Howard, saying "the worst thing you can do is take your ball and go home, to say it's better not to talk anymore." Robin was the biggest offender of that with Stuttering John, Grillo, etc.

Yes, she has no room to talk herself.

The biggest point I took from Hahn's rant (we can debate her "celebrity status or lack thereof) is NBC and K-ROC Howard was a no buttkissing badass, but "Hamptons Howie" is soft and a buttkisser. She has a point and it has been debated on SFN endlessly.

Octoberbaby
05-14-08, 03:12 PM
Yes, she has no room to talk herself.

The biggest point I took from Hahn's rant (we can debate her "celebrity status or lack thereof) is NBC and K-ROC Howard was a no buttkissing badass, but "Hamptons Howie" is soft and a buttkisser. She has a point and it has been debated on SFN endlessly.

I hate to say it but I do agree with her point on that. A good example of that is what he puts up with from Artie. The old Howard would not have.

NelsonMuntz
05-15-08, 09:16 AM
Is Howard out all of next week or was he just sick today (or taking a long weekend)?

AMYanks
05-15-08, 09:38 AM
They're saying on SFN his daughter's graduation commencement is today.

NelsonMuntz
05-15-08, 09:50 AM
They're saying on SFN his daughter's graduation commencement is today.
Thanks. I try to avoid that site with the exception of the Hot Chicks Pics section. Too much negativity.

tdel23
05-15-08, 10:05 AM
Thanks. I try to avoid that site with the exception of the Hot Chicks Pics section. Too much negativity.

I agree I don't bother with that site too much anymore, too much of a bitch fest...I did enjoy the Sam Kinison segment today though.

AMYanks
05-15-08, 10:24 AM
I think yesterday with William Shatner might be the last time we hear the audio book segment for a little while. :lol:

Dolly Parton today expressed outrage over the airing of a segment on the Howard Stern radio show whereby her speaking voice was electronically manipulated to create racist and sexually vulgar comments. Here is her statement:

“I have never been so shocked, hurt and humiliated in all my life. I cannot believe what Howard Stern has done to me. In a blue million years, I would never have such vulgar things come out of my mouth. They have done editing or some sort of trickery to make this horrible, horrible thing. Please accept my apology for them and certainly know I had nothing to do with this. If there was ever going to be a lawsuit, it’s going to be over this. Just wanted you to know that I am completely devastated by this.”
--Dolly Parton

yankeesAZ
05-15-08, 10:36 AM
I think yesterday with William Shatner might be the last time we hear the audio book segment for a little while. :lol:

:lol: Would love to see this go to court and have the tapes played there.

AMYanks
05-15-08, 10:49 AM
As a joke, someone at SFN last night e-mailed Perez Hilton that the rumor was Howard was getting married this weekend (thus the reason for him taking a day off).

Well, this popped up on his site a little while ago:

http://perezhilton.com/2008-05-15-nice-day-for-a-white-wedding

We've been getting lots of tips that Howard Stern and his long-time fiancee Beth Ostrosky are finally tying the knot this weekend.

This is not confirmed, yet, but the buzz is growing!

Speculation has the pair getting hitched at the King of All Media's Hamptons estate.

It's about time!

And, congrats.

AMYanks
05-15-08, 10:59 AM
Btw, is anyone listening to this "The Berry Best"? It's one thing to have no Howard, but to replace him with Ralph!? Yuck.

Although, the Sternac segment is great. Makes me miss the old Howard. And as annoying as Ralph is, and as much as his phone calls suck, he's great at picking the classic bits.

NelsonMuntz
05-15-08, 12:23 PM
Wow, can you say melodramatic? Are we to really believe that she is "devastated" by this? It's a joke Dolly. Lighten up.

tdel23
05-15-08, 02:59 PM
They have done editing or some sort of trickery to make this horrible, horrible thing.

gee you think they did a little editing?????
:lol: :lol: :lol: that's great, she is going to sue LOL

Octoberbaby
05-15-08, 06:47 PM
Btw, is anyone listening to this "The Berry Best"? It's one thing to have no Howard, but to replace him with Ralph!? Yuck.

Although, the Sternac segment is great. Makes me miss the old Howard. And as annoying as Ralph is, and as much as his phone calls suck, he's great at picking the classic bits.

I am listening to it now and all I can say is the worst part is listening to Ralph's commentary in between! It is true he is picking some good show moments to play and it does remind me of the old Howard and realize how much the show has changed, and not for the better!

One bit they could have left out was the song parody about Donald Manes. First of all, it is so old that most people probably do not remember the story behind it and what made it funny at the time. However, that story ended up very tragic and because of that is not funny anymore to anyone. In my case, I was good friend's with Manes' niece so I can just imagine the pain it causes to the family to have this dredged up after all these years. This in light of the fact that, since he was on suicide watch by his family, he ultimately stabbed himself in the chest while his family's back was turned! Ralph could have left this one out, IMO.

yankeesAZ
05-15-08, 10:35 PM

That was the worst thing I could wake up to was hearing Howard's intro music and getting Ralph. SFN must have been going apesh*t this morning. I didn't listen yet as I had to turn off Ralph pronto. I just listened to parts of other shows this week I have recorded.

AMYanks
05-16-08, 02:06 PM
Maybe they can let Bubba go and hire Kidd Chris now.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillygossip/

94 WYSP's Kidd Chris fired over guest's racist parody song

94 WYSP morning host Kidd Chris has been fired over a racist song performed by an in-studio guest in March. WYSP program director John Cook also lost his job over the fallout from the song "Schwoogies," sung to the tune of Blondie's "Call Me," that was performed March 21 in studio by a guest named Lady Gash.

"We found the song to be highly offensive and completely inappropriate for broadcast on our airwaves. When senior management of the station learned that it had been played, they took immediate steps to prevent it from ever appearing on the station again," CBS Radio spokeswoman Karen Mateo told us moments ago. "At the same time, we launched an extensive internal investigation into the situation including a thorough review of the editorial controls and systems we have in place to prevent this type of content from airing. We instituted additional educational training for the station, and have taken appropriate disciplinary action, including termination of the individuals involved." Mateo declined to comment on whether Kidd Chris would be paid out the life of his contract, which was to last another three years.

The song was also aired several more times that day and at least once March 24. It was also captured by listeners and put on websites as well as a clip appearing on YouTube. It was also linked on Lady Gash's MySpace page, which has since been removed. When we checked this morning, the YouTube link to the clip said the material had been pulled down by request of CBS Broadcasting. Before the clips disappeared, a Daily News reader, transcribed the lyrics to the best of his ability. Be aware that the following passage contains material that may be offensive to some readers...

"Coloreds steal your wallets and coloreds have pink feet. Coloreds are loud and obnoxious, when they watch movies. Sticky fingers, what they are, Always try to jack my car, Schwoogies! Or shines, you can call them anything you like. Schwoogies! Watch out, jigs will rob you, day or night. Schwoogies. Mookie doesn't like to work, Just rolls blunts all day long. But there's one job he can do, hold a lantern on my lawn. If someone else has your watch on, you can bet its a moolignon. Shwoogies! All Around, there's Sambos, monkeys, knuckle draggers, So much brown Mandingo, Go Mr. Bojangles (unintelligible). I have no problem singing about the Negroes."

Calls and text messages sent to Kidd Chris this morning were not returned. His agent Bob Eatman also did not immediately return a message left at his Los Angeles office. Chris was to celebrate his birthday tonight with a party at Whiskey Tango (Philmont & Bustleton). Porn starlet Mary Carey was among expected guests.

yankeesAZ
05-18-08, 11:45 AM
Hope he leads off with Dolly Parton tomorrow.

So help me if he goes to "Erik from Hoboken" in the first 30 minutes.

AMYanks
05-18-08, 01:43 PM

The new conspiracy on SFN is that Howard hung up on Wolfie so quickly last week because his whole "I haven't been truthful" setup was going to lead in to him calling out the fake Howard TV calls.

Octoberbaby
05-19-08, 01:32 AM

I just don't want to hear Gary gloating about his Mets! :(

AMYanks
05-19-08, 02:56 PM
Congratulations to George Takei and Brad on getting married. It's about time they can.

yankeesAZ
05-19-08, 11:25 PM
Congratulations to George Takei and Brad on getting married. It's about time they can.

Yes, congrats and cool that George called up Howard to announce it.

"Rusty" finally got to meet Paula! :D Man that woman is out there, but I like the "cranky calls" to her show. She's like the female "Riley Martin".

tdel23
05-20-08, 01:15 PM
Yes, congrats and cool that George called up Howard to announce it.

"Rusty" finally got to meet Paula! :D Man that woman is out there, but I like the "cranky calls" to her show. She's like the female "Riley Martin".

Wow she is really out there especailly with her 911 conspiracy panal

yankeesAZ
05-20-08, 08:47 PM
Wow she is really out there especailly with her 911 conspiracy panal

She is way out there on that one, that planes never actually hit the towers.

AMYanks
05-20-08, 09:42 PM
I didn't hear her show, but from the clips they played, it sounded great. One guy sounds like Kurt Waldheim Jr., the other guy sounded like Club Soda Kenny.

But I'm just amazed at Howard and the way he talks about Bowling Beauties. He "randomly" picks these callers that say it's the greatest thing on TV, and goes on and on about how they get nothing but positive e-mail about it. Of course, he hasn't read them. Maybe even Howard doesn't have the conscious to read fake e-mails.

He should just take one look at SFN and realize he should probably just let Bowling Beauties fade away. Same with Howard TV as a whole. No one subscribes, it's killing the show, and they can't afford a voice over guy. Seems like everyone who buys it gets it to watch the old clips. After a few days, they're bored.

tdel23
05-21-08, 08:29 AM
did anyone hear the clips from the Wrap Up show about Artie and his heroin runs...he was going to Deleware a couple of times a week to score some after he finished the show, that is crazy!!!

AMYanks
05-21-08, 06:08 PM
Howard will be making an announcement tomorrow about something new coming Friday mornings. MTT is moving to the afternoon.

NelsonMuntz
05-21-08, 09:28 PM
Howard will be making an announcement tomorrow about something new coming Friday mornings. MTT is moving to the afternoon.
Thank God. Mastertape Theater = Howard's iPod on shuffle.

tdel23
05-22-08, 11:03 AM

just saw Mutt posted this on SFN....

I'd love to just post the new schedule but I'm only allowed to say what's been said on air.

As Howard said this morning, Fridays mornings will now be Howard Stern Best of the Week.
As per the MTT promos Mastertape Theater is moving to afternoons.

The Howard 100 News Week in Review is still on H100 6-7AM
As per the promo, Jay Thomas is still LIVE on H101 7-10AM
As per the promo, Bubba is still LIVE H101 10-2PM
I can tell you that the SFRT replay is still on H101 2-3PM

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366397

AMYanks
05-22-08, 03:22 PM
How exactly is Robin in consideration for PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian? Isn't Beth O a vegetarian? She obviously wouldn't win either, but she should be on the list ahead of Robin.

Also, some other points:

1. Howard TV's new original program will be a game show with contestants taking on Gary in show trivia. That actually sounds interesting.
2. Howard slipped up today, he said "I don't think I'd cheat this time", then quickly slid it under the rug by saying "because... I didn't this time". Guess Private Parts was a bigger lie than we thought. :lol:
3. It's about time Artie has a serious medical issue.

SubwayFanatic
05-22-08, 11:06 PM
How exactly is Robin in consideration for PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian? Isn't Beth O a vegetarian? She obviously wouldn't win either, but she should be on the list ahead of Robin.

Also, some other points:

1. Howard TV's new original program will be a game show with contestants taking on Gary in show trivia. That actually sounds interesting.
2. Howard slipped up today, he said "I don't think I'd cheat this time", then quickly slid it under the rug by saying "because... I didn't this time". Guess Private Parts was a bigger lie than we thought. :lol:
3. It's about time Artie has a serious medical issue.

I missed point No. 2 -- did Howard slip and say that he cheated during his first marriage? Did anyone say anything after he said this?

AMYanks
05-22-08, 11:38 PM
I missed point No. 2 -- did Howard slip and say that he cheated during his first marriage? Did anyone say anything after he said this?

It was towards the end of the news. He said "I don't think I'd cheat this time", and Robin screamed "WHAT!?", then he said "... because... I didn't cheat the first time". Every once in a while, when Howard's tired and dying to leave, he gets lazy and lets something slip. He quickly comes up with something, though.

It wouldn't surprise me. Think about it, he was separated in October and 1999, and said he met Beth "very early 2000" and was only with her from the first day they met. Either he's lying about all his stories (very possible), or he cheated. No way he did all that fun stuff in that short amount of time.

Octoberbaby
05-23-08, 01:50 AM
It was towards the end of the news. He said "I don't think I'd cheat this time", and Robin screamed "WHAT!?", then he said "... because... I didn't cheat the first time". Every once in a while, when Howard's tired and dying to leave, he gets lazy and lets something slip. He quickly comes up with something, though.

It wouldn't surprise me. Think about it, he was separated in October and 1999, and said he met Beth "very early 2000" and was only with her from the first day they met. Either he's lying about all his stories (very possible), or he cheated. No way he did all that fun stuff in that short amount of time.

I always had a feeling that might have been the reason Allison wanted a divorce. Howard always seems to blame himself when he talks about his marriage breaking up. I would not be surprised if that were true. But I don't know if it was Beth he was cheating with, could have been anybody.

yankeesAZ
05-23-08, 11:28 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if he did cheat. Besides that, he can't be the easiest person to live with, especially back in those days.

It takes a very special person to deal with him and hopefully he found that in Beth.

Octoberbaby
05-23-08, 04:54 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he did cheat. Besides that, he can't be the easiest person to live with, especially back in those days.

It takes a very special person to deal with him and hopefully he found that in Beth.

Back then when I heard Howard describe his marriage I used to wonder just how long Allison could put up with it. I know I would not want to put up with the things he described. I knew it would not last between them.

As for Howard and Beth, the only thing that might save their relationship is the fact that he is in therapy now and was not until the end of his marriage. However, even with that in play, it is obvious to me that in order to have a good relationship with Howard everything has to be all about Howard. Beth goes along with this now but there will come a time when she begins to resent it. That will happen after they get married when she realizes that everything has to be his way. No one can go a lifetime like that.

Women, especially younger ones like Beth, do have a tendancy to do things all the mans way at first but many begin to resent it later on. The other day Howard said one of the reasons he does not want kids is because he doesn't know if he can be faithful to a pregnant woman. That is a very immature remark. Also, if you read between the lines of what he says, Beth does want kids but is just biding her time. I say this because he was going to get a vasectomy and when Robin asked him if he got it he said he did not want to get into that argument with Beth. This can only mean that he knows she may want kids later on. Beth may think she can just get pregnant after they marry and he will just go along with it but IMO, that would be the beginning of the end for both of them. That is just my two cents.

yankeesAZ
05-26-08, 12:26 PM
Richard Christy is the new drummer for Caninus, a death metal band with a dog as the lead singer:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=5531207&blogID=398630439

Click on the album cover on that page to hear some tunes, lol.

AMYanks
05-26-08, 02:37 PM
Laughing at your own jokes, passive-aggressively interrupting everyone, and haphazardly reading the newspaper on air for 20 minutes a day sure pays well.

http://www.observer.com/2008/shock-jocks-side-kick-ditches-staten-island-upper-west-side

Back in 2004, Howard Stern’s sidekick Robin Quivers pledged to leave the U.S.A. if George W. Bush was re-elected. Last November the shock-jock’s wing woman did sell her Staten Island home for $1.2 million, but it appears Ms. Quivers only intended to flee the borough, not the country.

She has paid $2.4 million for a 1,486-square-foot condo at the new, Costas Kondylis-designed building, 200 West End Avenue, city records show. Ms. Quivers took out a $1.9 million mortgage on her two-bedroom, 22nd-floor, Upper West Side apartment.

NelsonMuntz
05-26-08, 08:51 PM
Richard Christy is the new drummer for Caninus, a death metal band with a dog as the lead singer:
Yeah, that sounds about right.

Octoberbaby
05-26-08, 11:08 PM
Laughing at your own jokes, passive-aggressively interrupting everyone, and haphazardly reading the newspaper on air for 20 minutes a day sure pays well.

http://www.observer.com/2008/shock-jocks-side-kick-ditches-staten-island-upper-west-side

What, only 2 bedrooms?? Surely she can go for bigger bucks than that? :D

AMYanks
05-28-08, 05:28 PM
Back in 1986-87, Howard did a syndicated weekend radio show. It was pretty bad and zoo-like, but if you haven't heard it before (rare to find), here's one of them for download:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=l4prkt82t5d

AMYanks
06-03-08, 12:03 AM
Radio's two power couples: Quivertine and Antholini

http://i30.tinypic.com/9gwrx5.jpg

Howard makes 10 times more than Opie and Anthony. His girlfriend should be 10 times hotter than Lindsay (Opie's) and Jill Nicolini, and she's clearly not.

tdel23
06-03-08, 08:17 AM
that was Bizarro World hearing Rosie on the show today...

RhodyYanksFan
06-03-08, 08:22 AM

Howard makes 10 times more than Opie and Anthony. His girlfriend should be 10 times hotter than Lindsay (Opie's) and Jill Nicolini, and she's clearly not.

I haven't seen Opie's girl, but Jill Nicolini is ridiculous and so much hotter then Beth O.

NelsonMuntz
06-03-08, 10:11 AM
Yeah I could have done without that interview. I know this may come as a surprise but I have positively zero interest in hearing about Rosie O'Donnell's sex life.

On the brighter side, the new Sal and Richard prank phone call to the scooter store is absolutely hysterical.

tdel23
06-03-08, 10:52 AM
Yeah I could have done without that interview. I know this may come as a surprise but I have positively zero interest in hearing about Rosie O'Donnell's sex life.

On the brighter side, the new Sal and Richard prank phone call to the scooter store is absolutely hysterical.

that was a great phony phone call!

yankeesnum1
06-03-08, 12:06 PM

Jill Nicolini is dating Anthony?

RhodyYanksFan
06-03-08, 12:27 PM
Jill Nicolini is dating Anthony?

For like two weeks now.

b-ball-lunachick
06-03-08, 01:03 PM
Howard had Rosie on his show???

Yankeeah
06-03-08, 01:03 PM
It's for publicity. She has been on every C-Level reality show imaginable.

She looks good in some pics, but awful in others.

yankeesnum1
06-03-08, 02:27 PM
For like two weeks now.
Damn.. and like you said so much hotter then Beth O

Jill is the reason why I started watching CW11 in the mornings and the guys at work now love hanging out in my office to watch the traffic

RhodyYanksFan
06-03-08, 02:42 PM
Damn.. and like you said so much hotter then Beth O

Jill is the reason why I started watching CW11 in the mornings and the guys at work now love hanging out in my office to watch the traffic

She was Ms. Long Island, but had to give up the title because she posed in Playboy. Have you seen those pictures? :drool:

Beth O is kinda horse-faced.

AMYanks
06-03-08, 06:58 PM
After today, the only thing left for Howard is to talk with Kathie Lee Gifford.

yankeesnum1
06-03-08, 07:22 PM
She was Ms. Long Island, but had to give up the title because she posed in Playboy. Have you seen those pictures? :drool:

Oh yeah, I've seen them pictures :drool::ga-ga:

I agree about Beth

Octoberbaby
06-03-08, 10:39 PM
:drool:

I agree with that assessment!