PDA

View Full Version : The Howard Stern Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Octoberbaby
05-27-07, 10:50 PM
You sign up for the service on Sirius.com. The instructions are there. It's a little less expensive if you do it online.

As for the Stiletto, I'll have to let someone else help you out, as I don't have that radio.

Thanks for the help with Sirius. :)

I know yankeesAz has the Stiletto so maybe he can give me some insight.

yankeesAZ
05-28-07, 12:45 AM

Welcome aboard! Now you can really participate in the discussion.

Did you get signed up ok?

Just in case:

You want to make sure you just follow the early instructions in the manual for set up and make sure you can tune into channel 180 to test your signal.

Once you have that established you should be ready to establish service. I think I initially signed up online or may have just called up. The activation fee shouldn't be much either way.

Sorry to tell you that Howard is off this week.:mad: However in your case, you haven't heard Howard for so long, the replays throughout the week should keep you more than entertained.

Don't forget as a subscriber you can listen online at Sirius also besides using the radio itself.

tdel23
05-28-07, 09:10 AM

that's awesome that you got the Stiletto!! Let me know how you like it, I think i'm going to be purchasing one soon.

Octoberbaby
05-28-07, 03:15 PM
Welcome aboard! Now you can really participate in the discussion.

Did you get signed up ok?

Just in case:

You want to make sure you just follow the early instructions in the manual for set up and make sure you can tune into channel 180 to test your signal.

Once you have that established you should be ready to establish service. I think I initially signed up online or may have just called up. The activation fee shouldn't be much either way.

Sorry to tell you that Howard is off this week.:mad: However in your case, you haven't heard Howard for so long, the replays throughout the week should keep you more than entertained.

Don't forget as a subscriber you can listen online at Sirius also besides using the radio itself.

Thanks so much. I am going to try to hook it up this afternoon, will let you know how it works out. I am hoping I don't hit into any problems.

Octoberbaby
05-28-07, 03:19 PM
that's awesome that you got the Stiletto!! Let me know how you like it, I think i'm going to be purchasing one soon.

Thanks! If you are thinking of purchasing one soon, Circuit City has it on sale for $30. off, a total of $219 plus tax. The sale was only for yesterday and today, I think. I took the ad from Circuit City into Best Buy and they matched the price plus an additional 10% off the sale price which ended up about $197. I had gift certificates at Best Buy so I went there but it worked out even better because of the extra 10%.

SubwayFanatic
05-28-07, 10:32 PM
Thanks! If you are thinking of purchasing one soon, Circuit City has it on sale for $30. off, a total of $219 plus tax. The sale was only for yesterday and today, I think. I took the ad from Circuit City into Best Buy and they matched the price plus an additional 10% off the sale price which ended up about $197. I had gift certificates at Best Buy so I went there but it worked out even better because of the extra 10%.

Glad that you are finally on board. ;)

yankeesAZ
05-29-07, 12:22 AM
Thanks so much. I am going to try to hook it up this afternoon, will let you know how it works out. I am hoping I don't hit into any problems.

So are you in now?

Octoberbaby
05-29-07, 01:06 AM
So are you in now?

I didn't get hooked up yet because I found out when I looked in the bag that the home kit was not included. Since two salesmen at Best Buy told me it was I am going back tomorrow and have it out with them. I am sure I will end up having to shell out the additional $49. because it is my word against theirs as to what they told me but I am going to give it a try anyway. I got a good price so I will buy it if I have to but if I make them think I am going to return it maybe customer service will do something. So, I will hook it up tomorrow night. At least Howard is on vacation this week.

yankeesAZ
05-29-07, 01:54 AM
I didn't get hooked up yet because I found out when I looked in the bag that the home kit was not included. Since two salesmen at Best Buy told me it was I am going back tomorrow and have it out with them. I am sure I will end up having to shell out the additional $49. because it is my word against theirs as to what they told me but I am going to give it a try anyway. I got a good price so I will buy it if I have to but if I make them think I am going to return it maybe customer service will do something. So, I will hook it up tomorrow night. At least Howard is on vacation this week.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure if it was some new promo to include a home kit. You'll need $49 for it. Car kit is the same price. Worth a shot, but I guess they thought those crappy headphones counted as a "kit". The headphones are an antenna, but you need the home kit to keep the unit charged plus the kit is needed for the fm transmitter to work.

Get your own standard headphones if you plan to listen to it on the go. The one's that come with it hurt your ears and I haven't used them at all.

Octoberbaby
05-29-07, 02:43 AM
That's what I thought, but wasn't sure if it was some new promo to include a home kit. You'll need $49 for it. Car kit is the same price. Worth a shot, but I guess they thought those crappy headphones counted as a "kit". The headphones are an antenna, but you need the home kit to keep the unit charged plus the kit is needed for the fm transmitter to work.

Get your own standard headphones if you plan to listen to it on the go. The one's that come with it hurt your ears and I haven't used them at all.

Exactly what I thought, that it was a promo as last week they were giving the car kit so, not a stretch that they would give the home kit this week. I shouldn't be surprised, though, in this day and age of sucky service, and salesmen without a clue! I was surprised when he said it was included but there were two sales people there and both said, yes, the home kit is included. So I said, "then all I would need to buy in the future would be the car kit?" and they said "yes if you want to use it in the car." He probably just wanted to clinch the sale and gave me the wrong info. They had them there on display and these two morons led me to believe it would be included. I am definitely going to complain, don't know if it will do me any good.

I do have a good pair of headphones that I bought to use with my Walkman which I assume will probably work. Why is it they always give crappy headphones on expensive audio gadgets?

Unfortunately, I can't use the Stiletto for downloading music from my computer because it says on the box it doesn't support Mac OS. Still worth it for Sirius alone, though.

tdel23
05-30-07, 10:39 AM
I have really been enjoying teh Stern Spotlight featuring Jackie the last two days. I loved when he was reading Robin's book.

Octoberbaby
05-30-07, 03:27 PM
I have really been enjoying teh Stern Spotlight featuring Jackie the last two days. I loved when he was reading Robin's book.

Jackie reading Robin's book was a priceless and classic bit!! :lol:

Octoberbaby
05-30-07, 03:34 PM
Glad that you are finally on board. ;)

Thanks to your lighting a fire under me! I wouldn't be able to show my face in this thread without getting subscribed! Still haven't gotten my Stiletto hooked up but that is another long story. :(

To update I didn't get the Home Kit yet because Best Buy would not stand behind what they told me and wanted me to pay an additional $49. I was prepared to pay it until they lied about what they told me and were nasty about it, to boot. I came back home and called their 800# and they offered me a $25 gift certificate but now I have to wait a week to two weeks to get it in the mail. What a crock! Then my son sent me a Mother's Day card in the mail but it got lost in the mail, I finally got it last night (after I got back from BB) and what should be in there but another $25 gift card for non other than Best Buy! So I have to wait until I have the two GCs together and then get the Home Kit because I don't want to have $50 in credit to Best Buy for future use since I will not shop there anymore after this!

yankeesAZ
05-30-07, 10:56 PM
Thanks to your lighting a fire under me! I wouldn't be able to show my face in this thread without getting subscribed! Still haven't gotten my Stiletto hooked up but that is another long story. :(

To update I didn't get the Home Kit yet because Best Buy would not stand behind what they told me and wanted me to pay an additional $49. I was prepared to pay it until they lied about what they told me and were nasty about it, to boot. I came back home and called their 800# and they offered me a $25 gift certificate but now I have to wait a week to two weeks to get it in the mail. What a crock! Then my son sent me a Mother's Day card in the mail but it got lost in the mail, I finally got it last night (after I got back from BB) and what should be in there but another $25 gift card for non other than Best Buy! So I have to wait until I have the two GCs together and then get the Home Kit because I don't want to have $50 in credit to Best Buy for future use since I will not shop there anymore after this!

You could still get the Stiletto hooked up by using the headphones as the antenna (as the headphones are an actual antenna also).

Octoberbaby
05-31-07, 12:26 AM
You could still get the Stiletto hooked up by using the headphones as the antenna (as the headphones are an actual antenna also).

Thanks, I will give it a try. In the meantime I am waiting for my gift card to come in the mail. I can also listen to the show on my computer in the meantime also.

Octoberbaby
05-31-07, 09:06 PM

Update! I called the Best Buy today because they said the manager of the store would be back today from his days off. I spoke to the store manager directly, explained what happened and he has a Home Kit waiting for me to pick up at the store, no charge! I will go and get it tomorrow!! Yay!! At least I will have it in time for Howard to return from his vacation! :2thumbs:

yankeesAZ
05-31-07, 10:57 PM
Update! I called the Best Buy today because they said the manager of the store would be back today from his days off. I spoke to the store manager directly, explained what happened and he has a Home Kit waiting for me to pick up at the store, no charge! I will go and get it tomorrow!! Yay!! At least I will have it in time for Howard to return from his vacation! :2thumbs:

Nice job. Glad someone did the right thing. You'll probably be the last one in that store to ever get a free one again after the managers talk to the employees.

So will you grab the car kit too? That's another little project. If you do, get the adapter (fm modulator) to wire it direct to your car stereo. I got it free, but they are usually $20. The fm transmitter on the device is not that strong(as are many new units Stiletto or not), but will work in a car. No more worrying about changing stations or static as my Stiletto pipes in crystal clear in my car. This is where I really appreciate my radio as it is so easy to take in and out of the car and don't have to risk leaving a unit inside the car.

Octoberbaby
06-01-07, 12:43 AM
Nice job. Glad someone did the right thing. You'll probably be the last one in that store to ever get a free one again after the managers talk to the employees.

So will you grab the car kit too? That's another little project. If you do, get the adapter (fm modulator) to wire it direct to your car stereo. I got it free, but they are usually $20. The fm transmitter on the device is not that strong(as are many new units Stiletto or not), but will work in a car. No more worrying about changing stations or static as my Stiletto pipes in crystal clear in my car. This is where I really appreciate my radio as it is so easy to take in and out of the car and don't have to risk leaving a unit inside the car.

Now I may as well get a car kit as soon as I get the $25 Gift Card in the mail. Putting that together with the GC I already have it gives me just enough for the car kit. They said that you can pay them to hook it up but I don't know if it is worth it. Did you hook up your own car kit? I will definitely get the adapter too if you say it is worth it.

I also had asked the salesman if I would be able to get good reception at home on the Stiletto and he said it had it's own antenna, I guess that is what you mean by transmitter, and he said I would get good reception at home. Now I am wondering if the guy didn't know what he is talking about when it comes to that because I don't get good cell phone reception at home. What would I be able to do to improve it if it isn't good at home?

yankeesAZ
06-01-07, 01:34 AM
Now I may as well get a car kit as soon as I get the $25 Gift Card in the mail. Putting that together with the GC I already have it gives me just enough for the car kit. They said that you can pay them to hook it up but I don't know if it is worth it. Did you hook up your own car kit? I will definitely get the adapter too if you say it is worth it.

I also had asked the salesman if I would be able to get good reception at home on the Stiletto and he said it had it's own antenna, I guess that is what you mean by transmitter, and he said I would get good reception at home. Now I am wondering if the guy didn't know what he is talking about when it comes to that because I don't get good cell phone reception at home. What would I be able to do to improve it if it isn't good at home?
The car kit itself is very easy to hook up. They give you two ways to do it with clips that go into your vent or a (sticky) dash mount. I use the vent clips. The other one is somewhat more permanently attached to your dash.

As for wiring the direct fm adapter:
(http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=1998401&catParentID=7872&scId=7872&oldParentID=7872) (http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=1998401&catParentID=7872&scId=7872&oldParentID=7872%29), That actually requires removing the stereo from the dash. So if you are going to do a pro install may as well get both done. I was able to do it myself, but it is a little more tricky. If you don't get the adapter you'll still be ok. It's just a nice upgrade.

As for the home kit, I find the radio needs to be in the same room as your stereo for it to pick up the fm transmitter. The older sirius radios have great transmitters, but the FCC got a lot of complaints, so they transmitters are much weaker now. My first Sirius radio could get the signal anywhere in my place or even down the street.

Octoberbaby
06-01-07, 04:11 AM
The car kit itself is very easy to hook up. They give you two ways to do it with clips that go into your vent or a (sticky) dash mount. I use the vent clips. The other one is somewhat more permanently attached to your dash.

As for wiring the direct fm adapter:
(http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=1998401&catParentID=7872&scId=7872&oldParentID=7872) (http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=1998401&catParentID=7872&scId=7872&oldParentID=7872%29), That actually requires removing the stereo from the dash. So if you are going to do a pro install may as well get both done. I was able to do it myself, but it is a little more tricky. If you don't get the adapter you'll still be ok. It's just a nice upgrade.

As for the home kit, I find the radio needs to be in the same room as your stereo for it to pick up the fm transmitter. The older sirius radios have great transmitters, but the FCC got a lot of complaints, so they transmitters are much weaker now. My first Sirius radio could get the signal anywhere in my place or even down the street.

What was the first model you had that was so good? Boy, I thought these things would get better in time, one of the reasons I held off getting one! Live and learn.

I like to listen to the show in bed in the morning or at night before I go to sleep so maybe I could put the radio by the stereo in the LR to record when they do their playback so I can listen to it at night and the next morning in the BR. They do replay the show, am I right?

As for the car kit, maybe I will just install it myself without the transmitter and then get the transmitter installed at a later time if I have a problem with it. Otherwise I will be spending a lot of money right now and I am going away for a month in the summer so I will soon be gone anyway and can't listen when I am away. Even though the Stiletto is portable I wouldn't be able to pick up the show if I am in another state would I?

yankeesAZ
06-06-07, 10:12 PM
Loved the replay of the after show where the guys help Artie pick up a chick.

"So Artie is there pressure going on Letterman?....being in a major motion picture?...Pressure being on the HBO hit Entourage?"

"Despite being a multi-millionaire is there pressure......?"

All of this said by the guys in the studio so she could hear Artie's resume and he got her number.:lol:

SubwayFanatic
06-19-07, 11:04 PM
I am Darth Nilus.

yankeesAZ
06-20-07, 11:43 AM
I am Darth Nilus.

:lol: Beat me to it. That was some funny sh*t. The prank call using the interview was funny.

Here's the Wookieepedia profile:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nihilus

"Darth Nihilus, the Lord of Hunger, was a Dark Lord of the Sith (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Lord_of_the_Sith) in the time after the Jedi Civil War (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Civil_War).[1] (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nihilus#_note-0) He was a shadowy figure who chose to wear a red and white mask, and who preferred to wear long black Sith robes to cover his body."

JDPNYY
06-20-07, 06:43 PM
Funniest sound clip ever.

yankeesAZ
06-20-07, 08:16 PM
Funniest sound clip ever.

I ride the bus and listen on my headphones and I had to turn it off, because I was about to burst to out laughing and look like an idiot. After a little pause I was able to get through it barely!:D

tdel23
06-21-07, 09:30 AM
I ride the bus and listen on my headphones and I had to turn it off, because I was about to burst to out laughing and look like an idiot. After a little pause I was able to get through it barely!:D

Gary Garver was really trying to pick a fight with those nerds:)

SubwayFanatic
06-27-07, 01:22 PM
I am not saying that Sal is blameless, but it really bothers me how his wife, it seems, is acting totally innoncent for having this 'emotional friend.'

If a guy had an 'emotional friend' it would be considered cheating. When women do it, they spin it that it not a huge deal, and blame the man for causing her to go out and find one.

Octoberbaby
06-27-07, 01:28 PM
I am not saying that Sal is blameless, but it really bothers me how his wife, it seems, is acting totally innoncent for having this 'emotional friend.'

If a guy had an 'emotional friend' it would be considered cheating. When women do it, they spin it that it not a huge deal, and blame the man for causing her to go out and find one.

I didn't hear that part today yet but what is wrong with just an "emotional" friend?

yankeesAZ
06-27-07, 01:43 PM
I didn't hear that part today yet but what is wrong with just an "emotional" friend?

This "emotional friend" was someone she was involved with in every way except it didn't get physical (maybe), though they probably wanted to.

NelsonMuntz
06-27-07, 03:02 PM

I'm with you.

SubwayFanatic
06-27-07, 03:32 PM
I'm with you.

Yeah, I don't get why women get way more of a free pass when it comes to teaching, but whatever.

Sal seemed so emotional today. You get the sense that he and his wife could be divorced very soon.

tdel23
06-27-07, 03:43 PM
yeah i felt bad for Sal today too.

SubwayFanatic
06-29-07, 05:21 PM
I really can't stand Joey Boots. First of all, who the hell is this guy? And why should we care that he is gay?

Also, part of me does not even believe his revelation. This seems like a desperate cry for attention.

yankeesAZ
07-02-07, 12:59 PM
Howard is on vacation until July 16th. That's the bad news. :mad:

Good news is when he comes back, George Takei will be in the studio! :2thumbs:

tdel23
07-02-07, 02:11 PM
I really can't stand Joey Boots. First of all, who the hell is this guy? And why should we care that he is gay?

Also, part of me does not even believe his revelation. This seems like a desperate cry for attention.

ugh I hate Joey Boots, I got banned from SFN for goofing on him.

SubwayFanatic
07-03-07, 12:57 AM
Daniel Carver's family and Wendy The Retard's going at it in Family Feud was goddamn hysterical.

Octoberbaby
07-08-07, 08:28 PM
Howard is on vacation until July 16th. That's the bad news. :mad:

Good news is when he comes back, George Takei will be in the studio! :2thumbs:

Jeez, that is a long vacation! I took my Stiletto with me on vacation and beforehand I recorded the whole week of shows before he left. I am not finished listening to them yet because I am on vacation but I thought he would be back sooner than that.

This Stiletto is so neat I am sorry I wasn't able to get one sooner. I can't believe that I am getting reception and I am on Nantucket!

yankeesAZ
07-08-07, 08:44 PM
Jeez, that is a long vacation! I took my Stiletto with me on vacation and beforehand I recorded the whole week of shows before he left. I am not finished listening to them yet because I am on vacation but I thought he would be back sooner than that.

This Stiletto is so neat I am sorry I wasn't able to get one sooner. I can't believe that I am getting reception and I am on Nantucket!

As long as you have a clear view of the sky you can hear him anywhere.

Satellite radio is great in more remote areas.

Octoberbaby
07-08-07, 08:52 PM
As long as you have a clear view of the sky you can hear him anywhere.

Satellite radio is great in more remote areas.

It is a great invention, that is for sure!

tdel23
07-16-07, 09:43 AM
good to hear George Takai back with them.

yankeesAZ
07-16-07, 11:51 AM
good to hear George Takai back with them.

Yes, great time to have him back, especially after a 2-week vacation.

tdel23
07-19-07, 09:45 AM
what a train wreck Miss Howard Stern and KC are.

NelsonMuntz
07-19-07, 12:01 PM
I love Andrea. She is absolutely retarded, but hot.

yankeesAZ
07-20-07, 02:38 AM
Didn't get to the Iron Shiek yet, but will tomorrow. The promos alone are hilarious.

tdel23
07-20-07, 09:48 AM
Didn't get to the Iron Shiek yet, but will tomorrow. The promos alone are hilarious.

he wasn't on the show yet was he??

RhodyYanksFan
07-20-07, 09:51 AM

Iron Shiek was on O&A years and years ago. Hilarious. He's so out of it, it's beyond funny.

yankeesAZ
07-20-07, 12:27 PM
he wasn't on the show yet was he??

No he wasn't. Thought he was coming in Thursday, but it was more promos.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-20-07, 12:52 PM
Has anyone listened to Mastertape Theatre today? Greg Brady's cover songs are ridiculously awful. Who the F produced it.

yankeesAZ
07-21-07, 01:43 PM
Tale of the Tape-Gary Sheffield vs Stern

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/extramustard/07/19/stern.sheffield.tale/index.html

SubwayFanatic
07-23-07, 11:33 PM
I don't usually find impersonations that funny, but Artie talking like Iron Shiek is goddamn hysterical.

tdel23
07-26-07, 11:48 AM
so am I the only dork who called Artie's home number when he gave it on the air...I left him a message asking if I could buy some of his Yankee tickets :)

yankeesnum1
07-26-07, 12:55 PM
I wrote his number down, but never got to call

tdel23
08-01-07, 04:33 PM
Iron Sheik will be on tomorrow.

SubwayFanatic
08-03-07, 12:45 AM
Iron Sheik and Crazy Alice need to meet each other.

JDPNYY
08-03-07, 04:15 AM
Iron Sheik and Crazy Alice need to meet each other.

Artie would need to be the moderator of the meeting.

tdel23
08-03-07, 09:31 AM
that was a great bit with the Iron Sheik yesterday, he is so off his rocker.

CyYoung4Vazquez
08-03-07, 12:56 PM
Tracy Morgan was pretty hilarious as well.

Matrix7637
08-08-07, 12:27 PM
I just got back from travel and I noticed that they are having "sports week" on the show.

It appears that they are on vacation again.:(

I'm getting sick of hearing repeats...even though the show is better on satellite I do think they take too much time off.

yankeesAZ
08-08-07, 12:50 PM
I just got back from travel and I noticed that they are having "sports week" on the show.

It appears that they are on vacation again.:(

I'm getting sick of hearing repeats...even though the show is better on satellite I do think they take too much time off.

He gets 12 weeks a year, so get used it unfortunately. He's in semi-retirement now and made a great deal with Sirius. He always has taken a lot of time off in the summer.

Any week there is a holiday (i.e Memorial Day, Labor Day), he'll most likely take that week off.

Given all of that, its still worth my $12.95 for Sirius, despite all the vacation he takes.

KLJ
08-08-07, 01:32 PM
He always has taken a lot of time off in the summer.

yea.. i think he takes 6 weeks off every summer.. used to do the same thing on regular radio

yankeesAZ
08-08-07, 02:00 PM
yea.. i think he takes 6 weeks off every summer.. used to do the same thing on regular radio

He just doesn't take all the time off at once.

My only gripe is that they don't really announce the vacations. Perhaps he could do some bit where we have a cliffhanger until they return. Generally if you hear "specials" being promoted that's the big clue though a vacation is coming.

sheff_hat
08-08-07, 03:48 PM
John Daly is on now and it's hilarious, he's like Artie's God.:D

He smokes 2 packs a day.

When he won at St. Andrew's he ate nothing but chocolate chip muffins and chocolate croissants.

He would eat tons of peanut M&M's during a round.

He gambles like crazy.

Artie was like orgasmic...

tdel23
08-09-07, 09:26 AM
He gets 12 weeks a year, so get used it unfortunately. He's in semi-retirement now and made a great deal with Sirius. He always has taken a lot of time off in the summer.

Any week there is a holiday (i.e Memorial Day, Labor Day), he'll most likely take that week off.

Given all of that, its still worth my $12.95 for Sirius, despite all the vacation he takes.

I agree, it's still worth the 12.95 a month, there are plenty of other channels to listen while he is away.

CyYoung4Vazquez
08-16-07, 01:40 PM
I just saw Sal and Benjy outside a pizza place in mid-town. Told Sal that he doesn't need to know history.

yankeesAZ
08-28-07, 01:49 AM
The "Sofa King" classic bit was funny as was Gary talking ebonics.

The Mickey Mantle interview was great. Never heard that one before.

b-ball-lunachick
09-04-07, 02:24 PM
Is Howard on vacation? I would have loved to hear him talk about Jerry Lewis calling someone an "illiterate fag" . :D

http://www.tmz.com/2007/09/04/jerry-lewis-drops-f-bomb-during-telethon/

tdel23
09-04-07, 02:47 PM
Is Howard on vacation? I would have loved to hear him talk about Jerry Lewis calling someone an "illiterate fag" . :D

nope he was back today, the part I heard he just briefly talked about the telathon.

yankeesnum1
09-04-07, 03:05 PM

I think it's time for you to get Sirius there lady!! ;)

sheff_hat
09-04-07, 05:00 PM
He couldn't get to the telethon stuff today, he said it will definately take some time, so they will discuss it tomorrow (WED). I wondered why they needed to spend so much time on it...now I know! Can't wait for tomorrow's show

yankeesAZ
09-04-07, 10:01 PM
The Ralph story was just hilarious today along with Artie sleeping for 1.5 days and competely forgetting to attend (he rsvp'd already) a Howard TV staffer's wedding.

ThunderFan
09-05-07, 02:14 AM
http://howardshrine.net/viewtopic.php?t=17465

This really is pathetic.

yankeesAZ
09-05-07, 01:12 PM
http://howardshrine.net/viewtopic.php?t=17465

This really is pathetic.

The (cough! cough!) "O & A army" listening to Howard's show and finding a guy who called in twice about Howard TV?

tdel23
09-11-07, 02:20 PM
Eric the Midget's voice mail to Johnny about Howard was great...good to hear Eric call in again.

SubwayFanatic
09-13-07, 12:57 PM
Eric the Midget's voice mail to Johnny about Howard was great...good to hear Eric call in again.

How great was Richard busting his balls while he pretended to be Diana DeGarmo.

yankeesAZ
09-17-07, 12:20 AM
Howard is salivating at the OJ material he has for tomorrow right now.

Octoberbaby
09-17-07, 12:23 AM
Howard is salivating at the OJ material he has for tomorrow right now.

I gotta record that! I am behind in my listening right now, have all last weeks shows recorded.

yankeesAZ
09-17-07, 12:37 AM
I gotta record that! I am behind in my listening right now, have all last weeks shows recorded.

Xmas came early for Howard. Queue up the OJ sound effects! :D

Octoberbaby
09-20-07, 02:41 AM

I have been LMAO at the OJ discussions!

Great interviews today with Anka and Hughley, too. :)

IntangiblesRule
09-21-07, 05:00 AM

I would love to!

tdel23
09-21-07, 12:14 PM
The Jesus Twins and Crackhead Bob was classic today on mastertape theater.

yankeesAZ
09-21-07, 12:27 PM
I would love to!

Look out! :D

SubwayFanatic
09-22-07, 05:59 PM
The Jesus Twins and Crackhead Bob was classic today on mastertape theater.

Damn, I can't believe I missed them. Wow, those guys were a trainwreck, but they sure as hell were entertaining.

Octoberbaby
09-22-07, 11:12 PM
Damn, I can't believe I missed them. Wow, those guys were a trainwreck, but they sure as hell were entertaining.

I hate those Jesus twins! Glad I missed it.

yankeesAZ
10-01-07, 12:24 PM
Haven't played back today's show yet, but I'm guessing Gary is going to be in hell getting grief about the Mets.

This should be good along with Sal and Christine getting therapy with Dr. Keith.

tdel23
10-01-07, 02:25 PM
Haven't played back today's show yet, but I'm guessing Gary is going to be in hell getting grief about the Mets.

This should be good along with Sal and Christine getting therapy with Dr. Keith.

they opened with the Mets losing, it was pretty funny. The Sal,Christine segment was great too, Artie "playing" the emotional friend is classic.

Octoberbaby
10-02-07, 09:24 PM

I thought the segment about the Mets was extremely funny! I wish Howard would be more interested in baseball, though. It was funny when he told Gary that he should just become a Yankee fan and forget about the Mets, LOL!!! :D

yankeesAZ
10-02-07, 10:48 PM
I thought the segment about the Mets was extremely funny! I wish Howard would be more interested in baseball, though. It was funny when he told Gary that he should just become a Yankee fan and forget about the Mets, LOL!!! :D

It was funny. The Sal and Christine therapy was great and the Jerry O'Connell interview was funny too.

The show is on fire this week.

Octoberbaby
10-04-07, 10:29 PM
It was funny today when Fred was arguing with Howard and Robin about Danny Bonaduce. Personally, I agree with Fred. Bonaduce is a loose cannon and the Survivor guy could have broken his neck like Christopher Reeve did being thrown on his head like that.

yankeesAZ
10-04-07, 10:57 PM
It was funny today when Fred was arguing with Howard and Robin about Danny Bonaduce. Personally, I agree with Fred. Bonaduce is a loose cannon and the Survivor guy could have broken his neck like Christopher Reeve did being thrown on his head like that.

Love it when Fred gets fired up. Before seeing the tape, I agree with Howard, but after seeing the tape, Fairplay was on Danny for a few seconds before he even did anything. It was clearly a goof and Danny was doing a lot more then just "defending himself". That said, Danny probably didn't mean to hurt him either.

Ronnie is great radio, because he is such a prick.

"Hi, I'm Scoresman!":lol:

Octoberbaby
10-04-07, 11:12 PM
Love it when Fred gets fired up. Before seeing the tape, I agree with Howard, but after seeing the tape, Fairplay was on Danny for a few seconds before he even did anything. It was clearly a goof and Danny was doing a lot more then just "defending himself". That said, Danny probably didn't mean to hurt him either.

Ronnie is great radio, because he is such a prick.

"Hi, I'm Scoresman!":lol:

I don't think Danny meant to hurt the guy but, like Fred said, there are ways to do it without hurting someone. Danny just doesn't think before reacting and I believe he can be a dangerous guy because of it.

Of course Dominick had to agree with Howard. He never, ever disagrees with Howard on anything! Suck up!

Octoberbaby
10-09-07, 03:07 PM
It was a riot yesterday listening to the Yankee fans vs. Met fans discussion. Howard is still urging Gary to just become a Yankee fan, saying he is a bad father for making his son's into Mets fans, ha, ha! Artie was funny shooting them down, as was Fred.

Couldn't believe how Kid Rock dissed Pamela Anderson! Wow, he made her sound like a b*tch!

tdel23
10-16-07, 07:23 PM
the new rating are out in NY...how much do you want to bet if Howard went back to K-Rock(wxrk) tomorrow, he would do better then a 2.1

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/10/16/2007-10-16_ratings_bring_morning_glory_again_to_win.html

JDPNYY
10-16-07, 07:50 PM
the new rating are out in NY...how much do you want to bet if Howard went back to K-Rock(wxrk) tomorrow, he would do better then a 2.1

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/10/16/2007-10-16_ratings_bring_morning_glory_again_to_win.html

heh..

yankeesAZ
10-17-07, 12:19 AM

Still waiting for the "O & A effect" (2.1 in the mornings for WXRK). Can't imagine what Hinkley would write about Howard if he pulled a 2.1.

Octoberbaby
10-17-07, 02:57 AM
Still waiting for the "O & A effect" (2.1 in the mornings for WXRK). Can't imagine what Hinkley would write about Howard if he pulled a 2.1.

The fact that Imus is coming back just shows how desperate they are in terrestrial radio. :D

yankeesAZ
10-17-07, 11:58 AM
The fact that Imus is coming back just shows how desperate they are in terrestrial radio. :D

Amazing they are bumping off a show that got better ratings than Imus.

SubwayFanatic
10-23-07, 09:39 PM
Too bad old Hoo-Hoo is irrelevant.

Oh, wait a minute...

But Howard Stern owned the top spot as the most-listened to satellite radio channel with over five times as many listeners as Opie & Anthony.

Ouch.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/arbitron-ratings-for-satellite-radio.html#comments

yankeesAZ
10-24-07, 12:06 AM

Oh, wait a minute...

But Howard Stern owned the top spot as the most-listened to satellite radio channel with over five times as many listeners as Opie & Anthony.

Ouch.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/arbitron-ratings-for-satellite-radio.html#comments

So much for the "O & A effect".

IntangiblesRule
10-24-07, 01:23 AM
So much for the "O & A effect".

Sheiky make them humble.

yankeesnum1
10-24-07, 09:29 PM
Did anyone hear Eric "the writer" read his new kids book this morning? What a train wreck

b-ball-lunachick
10-24-07, 10:28 PM
I still miss howard -- are they going to do the merger or what? :(

Anyone remember the Casey Kasem "effin ponderous man" clip. :D I say that every once in awhile and I couldn't even remember where it was from...check it out here:

http://myspace.com/kaseykasem

I love that clip: :lol:

yankeesAZ
10-24-07, 10:33 PM
I still miss howard -- are they going to do the merger or what? :(

From what I have read they are getting close to a decision. There's a lot of politics involved. Oil mergers happen faster than this type of merge.

b-ball-lunachick
10-24-07, 10:38 PM
From what I have read they are getting close to a decision. There's a lot of politics involved. Oil mergers happen faster than this type of merge.

thanks yAZ -- just saw this:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3icaad2d5a9178359f1d49cd6d6a460f83

NelsonMuntz
10-24-07, 11:19 PM

Oh, wait a minute...

Ouch.

This is the first time I've ever seen channel ratings for Sirius and XM. What I find truly mind-boggling is that for both services, the Pop/Top 40 channels draw the highest number of listeners among the music channels. Why would you pay to listen to the same garbage that you can hear for free in any given city on "Hot FM"?

IntangiblesRule
10-24-07, 11:20 PM
I laughed when Artie said he was going to hire Joe Torre to manage his diabetes.

Octoberbaby
10-25-07, 12:11 AM
I laughed when Artie said he was going to hire Joe Torre to manage his diabetes.

:lol: :lol:

tdel23
10-25-07, 09:44 AM

Oh, wait a minute...

Ouch.

nice spin job by O&A too....

Opie recently called the raw number misleading. "I guarantee that with what Sirius is paying Howard and XM is paying us, we're making more money for the company than he is," Opie said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/10/25/2007-10-25_for_xm_howard_stern_is_the_king_of_satel-2.html

KLJ
10-25-07, 09:51 AM
This is the first time I've ever seen channel ratings for Sirius and XM. What I find truly mind-boggling is that for both services, the Pop/Top 40 channels draw the highest number of listeners among the music channels. Why would you pay to listen to the same garbage that you can hear for free in any given city on "Hot FM"?
for me it's the lack of commercials..

as i get older, my irrational hatred for commercials grows and grows.. i do not watch any tv unless it's tivoed

NelsonMuntz
10-25-07, 10:05 AM
I love Yucko the Clown. He's so offensive but for some reason his act just cracks me up.

Octoberbaby
10-25-07, 09:42 PM
I love Yucko the Clown. He's so offensive but for some reason his act just cracks me up.

I am a good fan of Yucko too. I think he should have won the "Win John's Job Contest."

IntangiblesRule
10-25-07, 09:47 PM
I am a good fan of Yucko too. I think he should have won the "Win John's Job Contest."

Sal and Richard live to make radio gold!

JDPNYY
10-25-07, 09:50 PM
I had to drive my wife's car to work the last two days (she needed my car). No Sirius. What an awful couple of days of commuting.

Listened to regular radio for pretty much the first tme in nearly 2 years.

Gave Opie and Anthony a shot. I'm not sure how they have any listeners at all.

Gave Boomer and the other guy a shot for a few minutes. Bad awful.

Tuned into Mike and the Mad Dog on the way home. I'd have to say they are talking on air for about 8 minutes an hour. 20/20 Updates, followed by commercial after commercial. (It's pretty much the same thing in the morning).

I love Sirius.

IntangiblesRule
10-25-07, 09:53 PM
I had to drive my wife's car to work the last two days (she needed my car). No Sirius. What an awful couple of days of commuting.

Listened to regular radio for pretty much the first tme in nearly 2 years.

Gave Opie and Anthony a shot. I'm not sure how they have any listeners at all.

Gave Boomer and the other guy a shot for a few minutes. Bad awful.

Tuned into Mike and the Mad Dog on the way home. I'd have to say they are talking on air for about 8 minutes an hour. 20/20 Updates, followed by commercial after commercial. (It's pretty much the same thing in the morning).

I love Sirius.

I am so happy I decided to get Sirius last November. I didn't realize how much I missed Howard until I started listening again. I also love the fact the show replays all day and night.

Octoberbaby
10-25-07, 09:55 PM
Sal and Richard live to make radio gold!

I don't like Richard too much and Sal I like sometimes. I think Yucko is funnier.

Octoberbaby
10-25-07, 09:56 PM
I am so happy I decided to get Sirius last November. I didn't realize how much I missed Howard until I started listening again. I also love the fact the show replays all day and night.

I'm with you on that. I didn't realize how much I missed the show. Also, it is easier to get to listen with the replays and since I have the Stiletto I can record it at any time.

JDPNYY
10-25-07, 09:59 PM

That's the best part. I love that they replay it all day. Very smart.

IntangiblesRule
10-25-07, 10:02 PM
That's the best part. I love that they replay it all day. Very smart.

Have you listened to any of the other shows like Riley Martin?

I've listened to Bubba on Friday sometimes when I'm not in the mood for the historical shows. He's okay.

IntangiblesRule
10-25-07, 10:04 PM
I don't like Richard too much and Sal I like sometimes. I think Yucko is funnier.

Sal's ordeal with his wife and the emotional friend was some of the most compelling radio ever.

Artie as the emotional friend is fantastic.

JDPNYY
10-25-07, 10:16 PM
Have you listened to any of the other shows like Riley Martin?

I've listened to Bubba on Friday sometimes when I'm not in the mood for the historical shows. He's okay.

I really don't listen in the evenings that much. Anytime I have I've enjoyed the little shows. Even Jackie's show is funny.

Bubba I don't like that much. He's a little too NASCAR/Wrestling for me. I listen sometimes on the way home from work when the Howard replay is in commercial.

NelsonMuntz
10-25-07, 10:30 PM
He can say the dumbest, most offensive thing but that clown horn just makes it consistently funny for some reason. I think it's the comedy of incongruity.

IntangiblesRule
10-25-07, 10:32 PM
I really don't listen in the evenings that much. Anytime I have I've enjoyed the little shows. Even Jackie's show is funny.

Bubba I don't like that much. He's a little too NASCAR/Wrestling for me. I listen sometimes on the way home from work when the Howard replay is in commercial.

I listened for awhile a couple of weeks ago while he was berating some woman who cheated on her husband. That was good.

I listened to Riley for the first time last night. I laugh whenever somebody calls in to say they keep Sirius because of him.

IntangiblesRule
10-25-07, 10:33 PM
He can say the dumbest, most offensive thing but that clown horn just makes it consistently funny for some reason. I think it's the comedy of incongruity.

He's also very romantic. I think that was the sweetest proposal I've ever heard.

JDPNYY
10-25-07, 10:34 PM
I listened for awhile a couple of weeks ago while he was berating some woman who cheated on her husband. That was good.

I listened to Riley for the first time last night. I laugh whenever somebody calls in to say they keep Sirius because of him.

With Riley, it's like everyone is in on the joke except him. I think part of the genius of Howard is that he knows how much time to give each guest (wack packer) without letting them wear out their welcome.

IntangiblesRule
10-25-07, 10:36 PM
With Riley, it's like everyone is in on the joke except him. I think part of the genius of Howard is that he knows how much time to give each guest (wack packer) without letting them wear out their welcome.

Except for Ralph.

JDPNYY
10-25-07, 10:48 PM
Except for Ralph.

Yeah true. Ralph is a necessary evil.

NelsonMuntz
10-25-07, 11:26 PM
Except for Ralph.
I know I'm in the minority but I actually like Ralph. I never mind when he calls in.

IntangiblesRule
10-25-07, 11:33 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I actually like Ralph. I never mind when he calls in.

When they were going through that period where he was calling in every other segment I was getting really bored with him. He's funny when he calls in once in awhile and stirs stuff up, but more than a couple calls a week and he gets on my nerves.

Octoberbaby
10-26-07, 03:11 AM
Sal's ordeal with his wife and the emotional friend was some of the most compelling radio ever.

Artie as the emotional friend is fantastic.

I agree about the therapy session with Sal and his wife. I was glued to the radio on that one! I even listened to it twice! At this point, I think Sal is deluding himself, his wife was sharing more than emotions with this friend. I think they are headed for divorce.

You are right, Artie is funny as the emotional friend.

Octoberbaby
10-26-07, 03:14 AM

Ralph just annoys me that he is in the position he is in and doesn't seem to do anything to deserve it.

NelsonMuntz
10-26-07, 10:58 AM
Ralph just annoys me that he is in the position he is in and doesn't seem to do anything to deserve it.
See and I love that people get annoyed by this. It only enhances the Ralph "character" IMO. He's the guy you love to hate.

yankeesAZ
10-26-07, 11:44 AM
See and I love that people get annoyed by this. It only enhances the Ralph "character" IMO. He's the guy you love to hate.

He does fill that role. Is he a loser, moocher, a-hole, piece of garbage? Absolutely, which is why he fills his role nicely.

Octoberbaby
10-26-07, 08:23 PM
He does fill that role. Is he a loser, moocher, a-hole, piece of garbage? Absolutely, which is why he fills his role nicely.

Agreed.

CyYoung4Vazquez
11-01-07, 02:09 PM
The fight between Artie and Sal was classic today.

Octoberbaby
11-01-07, 08:09 PM

I side with Artie!

IntangiblesRule
11-01-07, 08:13 PM
I side with Artie!

Me too.

yankeesAZ
11-01-07, 10:28 PM

That was a fight of epic proportions! Loved it!

IntangiblesRule
11-01-07, 10:32 PM
That was a fight of epic proportions! Loved it!

It was way better than Stuttering John vs AJ.

yankeesAZ
11-01-07, 10:47 PM

It was better without a punch ever being thrown.

Artie on this diet is going to be an angry Artie (though I side with him here). Hope he stays on his diet.

Octoberbaby
11-02-07, 03:40 AM

Too bad Sal didn't slug someone so they could fire him like they did to AJ. I was always sorry to see AJ go. I liked him on he show. John should have been the one to go that time, jealous turd!

tdel23
11-02-07, 09:25 AM

that fight was old school Stern show at its best, I can't wait to catch the replays again this weekend.

CyYoung4Vazquez
11-08-07, 08:58 AM
This week has been WAAAAAAAAAAAY to gay for me. (not that there's anything wrong with it)

yankeesAZ
11-08-07, 12:18 PM
This week has been WAAAAAAAAAAAY to gay for me. (not that there's anything wrong with it)

Richard Christy....waaaahh! :D

tdel23
12-03-07, 09:50 AM
Good to hear George Takai again this week, I love how he always falls for the fake phone calls...Artie out sick again, hmmmm.

PuffNettles9
12-03-07, 11:44 AM
Good to hear George Takai again this week, I love how he always falls for the fake phone calls...Artie out sick again, hmmmm.

he didnt fall for it today

Octoberbaby
12-04-07, 04:11 AM

Maybe Artie was sick of the Grandma Caprio vs Beth segments! :lol:

tdel23
12-19-07, 10:18 AM
Has anyone been listening to the History of Howard Stern? I think it's pretty good, slow in some spots. Ilike hearing the old tabes/bits from DC 101. They have the guy from the VH-1 Behind the Music narratoring it.

NelsonMuntz
12-19-07, 10:23 AM
Has anyone been listening to the History of Howard Stern? I think it's pretty good, slow in some spots. Ilike hearing the old tabes/bits from DC 101. They have the guy from the VH-1 Behind the Music narratoring it.
I'm enjoying it, particularly the tapes from his DC days since this is the first time I'm ever hearing that material. It's interesting to hear the commentary from Howard, Robin and Fred as well.

yankeesAZ
12-19-07, 11:08 AM

This is the first "special" I actually like. Very interesting stuff and entertaining at the same time.

RhodyYanksFan
12-19-07, 11:09 AM
What an egomaniac. A whole week of his history? Just a way for him to work less for his half-billion dollars.

yankeesAZ
12-19-07, 11:12 AM
What an egomaniac. A whole week of his history? Just a way for him to work less for his half-billion dollars.

Oh no, not the "O & A army" again?

RhodyYanksFan
12-19-07, 11:14 AM
Oh no, not the "O & A army" again?

Like them or not, they're working this week, providing new shows that I know you guys think sucks, but they make me laugh.

yankeesAZ
12-19-07, 11:17 AM
Like them or not, they're working this week, providing new shows that I know you guys think sucks, but they make me laugh.

I'd rather listen to Riley Martin for a full hour.

RhodyYanksFan
12-19-07, 11:17 AM
I'd rather listen to Riley Martin for a full hour.

WHo's that?

yankeesAZ
12-19-07, 11:21 AM
WHo's that?

A guy who thinks he's been abducted by aliens and is getting ready for when they come back. He gets an hour at midnight each week on one of Howard's channels.

http://www.rileymartin.com/

tdel23
12-19-07, 11:30 AM

actually I think it might be 2 weeks :)

yankeesAZ
12-19-07, 11:32 AM

...and this is only "Act One" going to 1985!

tdel23
12-19-07, 11:34 AM
...and this is only "Act One" going to 1985!

i'm looking forward to the NBC days!

NelsonMuntz
12-19-07, 11:46 AM
i'm looking forward to the NBC days!
If I haven't heard it, it's new to me ;)

JDPNYY
12-19-07, 09:42 PM

I think it's outstanding. It's very well produced. They have clearly spent a lot of time and money putting it together.

IntangiblesRule
12-19-07, 09:55 PM
I think it's outstanding. It's very well produced. They have clearly spent a lot of time and money putting it together.

I'm loving it. Howard really wanted to go all out on this.

SubwayFanatic
12-20-07, 08:31 AM

Jesus, your hatred for this guy is amazing, huh?

Don't worry - The History of O&A will start soon, chronicling their horrible ratings and firings from numerous stations.

PuffNettles9
12-20-07, 09:15 AM

thats correct...im wondering if the he history of Howard Stern will also be on HTV?

tdel23
12-20-07, 09:57 AM

Loved the NBC stuff this morning. The pig Virus stuff is great. I agree I think it was very well produced from the music selections to hearing the original bit then hear Howard, Fred Robin, etc talk about it.

CoyoteYankee
12-20-07, 10:33 AM

I was going to come here and post about this. I love hearing the old clips from the days when I was too young to listen and hearing about how some of the nicknames and traditions on the show got started.

I thought the first day --- young Howard Stern --- was kind of boring except when we got to hear clips of his pops who cracks me up but as it goes along it gets better and better.

tdel23
12-20-07, 10:35 AM
I was going to come here and post about this. I love hearing the old clips from the days when I was too young to listen and hearing about how some of the nicknames and traditions on the show got started.

I thought the first day --- young Howard Stern --- was kind of boring except when we got to hear clips of his pops who cracks me up but as it goes along it gets better and better.

yeah i thought the first day was kind of slow, but it has really picked up now!

yankeesAZ
12-20-07, 11:40 AM
Loved the NBC stuff this morning. The pig Virus stuff is great. I agree I think it was very well produced from the music selections to hearing the original bit then hear Howard, Fred Robin, etc talk about it.

This was some good stuff so far today. I've listened to more of his show this week then during any other repeat weeks (Mastertape, Mammory Lane, etc).

CyYoung4Vazquez
12-20-07, 11:42 AM
Today has been really good.

NelsonMuntz
12-20-07, 11:43 AM
This was some good stuff so far today. I've listened to more of his show this week then during any other repeat weeks (Mastertape, Mammory Lane, etc).
Agreed. I hate mastertape theater and would have been a little pi*sed if that was all that was airing while he was on vacation but clearly a lot of work went into this documentary and I am really enjoying it.

yankeesAZ
12-20-07, 11:53 AM
Agreed. I hate mastertape theater and would have been a little pi*sed if that was all that was airing while he was on vacation but clearly a lot of work went into this documentary and I am really enjoying it.

Like his normal show I get that moment where I have to shut down the radio and hate that I must leave it for now. This never happens with the other crap.

AMYanks
12-26-07, 07:41 PM
I'll probably listen to the History of Howard Stern stuff, but I stopped listening to Howard months ago. The show overall is still funny, but I just really can't enjoy Howard anymore. He's the complete opposite of what made him so great. Married, working class guy with kids, everything about him was so legitimate and real. He was just angry at society, and had every reason for it. Now he's got about a half a billion dollars, he's dating a model, he's hanging with some of the biggest celebrities in the world. He has every reason to be the happiest guy in the world. The pessimistic Howard Stern character has become exactly that = a character.

I've been listening to Opie & Anthony for a few months now, and it's just a lot more enjoyable to listen to in my opinion. I used to listen to them on WNEW and they were brilliant, but at that time Howard was still on another level of comedy from everyone else. Now he just uses other characters, like Sal and Richard. It used to just be Howard with Jackie. Now the comedians on the show are almost everyone BUT Howard. He's turned into Opie. O&A just produce more laugh out loud moments, and Jim Norton might be the funniest guy I've ever heard.

I'll never be one of those O&A "pests" that hate Howard and rip on him, but I liked the old Howard Stern show. This one is entertaining, but it's just not the same.

RhodyYanksFan
12-27-07, 08:55 AM
I'll probably listen to the History of Howard Stern stuff, but I stopped listening to Howard months ago. The show overall is still funny, but I just really can't enjoy Howard anymore. He's the complete opposite of what made him so great. Married, working class guy with kids, everything about him was so legitimate and real. He was just angry at society, and had every reason for it. Now he's got about a half a billion dollars, he's dating a model, he's hanging with some of the biggest celebrities in the world. He has every reason to be the happiest guy in the world. The pessimistic Howard Stern character has become exactly that = a character.

I've been listening to Opie & Anthony for a few months now, and it's just a lot more enjoyable to listen to in my opinion. I used to listen to them on WNEW and they were brilliant, but at that time Howard was still on another level of comedy from everyone else. Now he just uses other characters, like Sal and Richard. It used to just be Howard with Jackie. Now the comedians on the show are almost everyone BUT Howard. He's turned into Opie. O&A just produce more laugh out loud moments, and Jim Norton might be the funniest guy I've ever heard.

I'll never be one of those O&A "pests" that hate Howard and rip on him, but I liked the old Howard Stern show. This one is entertaining, but it's just not the same.

:lol: People are gonna think we're the same person. With the O&A fandom and avatar. I swear we're not.

Octoberbaby
12-27-07, 06:34 PM
Like his normal show I get that moment where I have to shut down the radio and hate that I must leave it for now. This never happens with the other crap.

I am disappointed because I had to go out of town and only recorded the first two shows of this special. I liked what I heard so far but I don't get good enough reception where I am now to have been able to record the rest of it. I would have loved to hear the whole thing.

BTW, I agree I would rather listen to Riley Martin for an hour than to listen to O&A! :lol:

yankeesAZ
12-27-07, 10:45 PM
I am disappointed because I had to go out of town and only recorded the first two shows of this special. I liked what I heard so far but I don't get good enough reception where I am now to have been able to record the rest of it. I would have loved to hear the whole thing.

BTW, I agree I would rather listen to Riley Martin for an hour than to listen to O&A! :lol:

Even if Howard is only 10% as good as he used to be (I don't think he really is 10%) its better than 110% of O & A.

Enough of these two already. They get crap ratings and aren't even in Howard's league and don't deserve to wash Richard and Sal's underwear.

IntangiblesRule
12-27-07, 11:52 PM
Even if Howard is only 10% as good as he used to be (I don't think he really is 10%) its better than 110% of O & A.

Enough of these two already. They get crap ratings and aren't even in Howard's league and don't deserve to wash Richard and Sal's underwear.

Richard doesn't wash his underwear.

PuffNettles9
12-28-07, 09:13 AM
Richard doesn't wash his underwear.

richards underwear = simpson's boxers

IntangiblesRule
12-28-07, 05:42 PM
You're not my bro.

b-ball-lunachick
01-02-08, 11:38 AM
Did Howard come back today? I was wondering if Artie said anything about his show on New Year's Eve..we were a little disappointed but I still love the guy...I just wish he would have done some new material...

NelsonMuntz
01-02-08, 11:57 AM
Did Howard come back today? I was wondering if Artie said anything about his show on New Year's Eve..we were a little disappointed but I still love the guy...I just wish he would have done some new material...
He was back live, but I didn't catch much of the show.

yankeesAZ
01-02-08, 12:44 PM
He was back live, but I didn't catch much of the show.

He was? I tuned in and it was a repeat. Almost thought it was live because they were talking about being on break, but they were replaying Ronnie the Limo Driver's "petcock" episode where he has to do something to the engine so Howard can have a/c or heat (The limo Ronnie picked out doesn't have normal a/c and heat controls and Howard was pissed).

KLJ
01-02-08, 12:51 PM
He was? I tuned in and it was a repeat. Almost thought it was live because they were talking about being on break, but they were replaying Ronnie the Limo Driver's "petcock" episode where he has to do something to the engine so Howard can have a/c or heat (The limo Ronnie picked out doesn't have normal a/c and heat controls and Howard was pissed).
it was live today

yankeesAZ
01-02-08, 09:04 PM
it was live today

Yes it was. My Stiletto 100 picked his day back to have glitches. I have it set to automatic recording M-F (6 hours, 3am PST-9am) and for some reason it did not record today (bad signal or bad setting in home dock can mess it up). Of course every repeat show recorded flawlessly until he comes back live today and I was listening to yesterday's recording thinking it was a repeat airing today for a few minutes.

tdel23
01-14-08, 07:21 PM
Eric The Midget has been on fire his last few calls...I can't get enough of his calls!!

PuffNettles9
01-14-08, 07:31 PM
Eric The Midget has been on fire his last few calls...I can't get enough of his calls!!

Eric the Actor
Eric the ....

ThunderFan
01-15-08, 12:22 PM

Enough of these two already. They get crap ratings and aren't even in Howard's league and don't deserve to wash Richard and Sal's underwear.You realize they are no 1 in their time slot in their target demo's right? Thats what they are paid to do and they do it. Just because Stern says they have crap ratings doesn't mean they actually do...

CoyoteYankee
01-15-08, 12:25 PM

He's been fantastic...They need to fly "Kendra" to NY to meet up with him and tape the whole thing.

yankeesAZ
01-23-08, 11:42 PM
He's been fantastic...They need to fly "Kendra" to NY to meet up with him and tape the whole thing.

We got to hear Eric's "girlfriend" today and she a "girl" and a "friend".

So what would Eric like to be called? :D

AMYanks
01-24-08, 12:21 AM
This happened tonight. Kendra looks thrilled.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/elcadeostan/ericmonky.jpg

And yes, I started listening to Howard again after New Year's. I missed the show, and Opie is more of a bore than Robin.

Octoberbaby
01-24-08, 02:26 AM

I can do without him very nicely.

PuffNettles9
01-24-08, 08:56 AM
check him out on JFSC

CoyoteYankee
01-24-08, 09:46 AM
We got to hear Eric's "girlfriend" today and she a "girl" and a "friend".

So what would Eric like to be called? :D

Eric the s*itty actor

Octoberbaby
01-24-08, 08:32 PM
Eric the s*itty actor

Eric the big P.I.T.A!!!!

effdamets
01-30-08, 01:29 PM
When is Howard going to fire Sal?

He is more annoying than a gnat at a bbq!

yankeesAZ
01-30-08, 07:34 PM
When is Howard going to fire Sal?

He is more annoying than a gnat at a bbq!

Never, he's good radio as annoying as he is. Only Ralph is worse, but that's their job.

Today's show was on fire. The Artie story of Dana getting that email was off the charts as far as f*ck ups go. Unbelievable!

AMYanks
01-30-08, 07:42 PM
Sal shouldn't take Howard's crap. Christine's face is way prettier than Beth's.

yankeesAZ
01-30-08, 07:52 PM
Sal shouldn't take Howard's crap. Christine's face is way prettier than Beth's.

:lol:

Did you hear the Artie story today?

AMYanks
01-30-08, 08:05 PM

Yeah, Vinny is such a loser. Of course, the only person who defends him is Ralphie Cakes.

Today was one of the better shows in a while. Artie's story, crazy Sal, Bigfoot. Doesn't get much better.

tdel23
01-30-08, 08:47 PM

yeah that was classic!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Typical Artie, and what the hell was Vinnie thinking!!!

PuffNettles9
01-30-08, 10:06 PM
code of men was not honored by vinny!

yankeesAZ
01-30-08, 10:13 PM
Vinny ruined Artie's night with these three hotties:

http://www.howardstern.com/dtcms/tsimg/02_5621.jpg

Et tu Vinny?:mad:

AMYanks
01-30-08, 11:11 PM
Vinny's crucial head only thinks about Debbie.

Oh Debbie.

NelsonMuntz
01-30-08, 11:17 PM
Vinny ruined Artie's night with these three hotties:

http://www.howardstern.com/dtcms/tsimg/02_5621.jpg

Et tu Vinny?:mad:
Those girls were so f'ing hot. I missed most of the show today -- so what happened with Artie and these broads last night?

AMYanks
01-30-08, 11:23 PM
Those girls were so f'ing hot. I missed most of the show today -- so what happened with Artie and these broads last night?

Just read this: http://marksfriggin.com/news.htm#wed

It's way too complicated to explain. :lol:

yankeesAZ
01-30-08, 11:27 PM

On yesterday's show, the girls agreed to go to a hotel with Artie after his Letterman taping and one would give Artie a HJ (supposedly). What Artie did not let on is that he and Dana since Xmas have tried to get back together and work things out. So Artie (who was single to all of us as far as we knew), went along with the bit for the show, but had no intention of following through on the HJ or anything else.

Vinny, who was making arrangements for Artie for his tranportation to Letterman, hotel (for him and the girls), etc emailed Artie the full internary with details when the limo would pick him and the 3 girls or so Vinny thought. He mistakenly emailed Dana all the details of Artie's night, which needless to say did not go over well with Dana.

I'm probably missed some points, but that's the short version.

Edit: That link in the above post has great detail. This took the whole 1st hour of the show today.

NelsonMuntz
01-30-08, 11:33 PM
On yesterday's show, the girls agreed to go to a hotel with Artie after his Letterman taping and one would give Artie a HJ (supposedly). What Artie did not let on is that he and Dana since Xmas have tried to get back together and work things out. So Artie (who was single to all of us as far as we knew), went along with the bit for the show, but had no intention of following through on the HJ or anything else.

Vinny, who was making arrangements for Artie for his tranportation to Letterman, hotel (for him and the girls), etc emailed Artie the full internary with details when the limo would pick him and the 3 girls or so Vinny thought. He mistakenly emailed Dana all the details of Artie's night, which needless to say did not go over well with Dana.

I'm probably missed some points, but that's the short version.

Edit: That link in the above post has great detail. This took the whole 1st hour of the show today.
:lol: I heard the show yesterday so I knew about Howard setting Artie up with the girls but I never found out what happened afterwards. That explains why Artie was so freaked yesterday when Howard was hooking him up.

AMYanks
01-31-08, 01:02 AM
I just had to mention: I'm catching up on some Howard TV episodes I missed, and I just watched the one with Robin's new "Harry Caray" glasses. Artie says, in the Harry Caray voice, "... and THAT'S what's happening!" I nearly lost it. :lol:

yankeegeek
02-01-08, 05:54 AM
I saw Artie Lange the other day in Hoboken. He looks like a big, fat slob.

PuffNettles9
02-01-08, 09:10 AM

Get HowardTV

yankeesAZ
02-01-08, 11:49 AM

He is a big, fat slob unfortunately.

CyYoung4Vazquez
02-01-08, 02:55 PM
A big fat slob that is hilarious.

CoyoteYankee
02-01-08, 04:20 PM
A big fat slob that is hilarious.

A big fat slob that is hliarious and bangs hot chicks.

yankeesAZ
02-01-08, 10:28 PM
A big fat slob that is hliarious and bangs hot chicks.

As long as Vinny doesn't get in the way!;)

AMYanks
02-02-08, 03:56 PM
Artie Lange shares his thoughts on Heath Ledger's death.

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1402022979

NelsonMuntz
02-02-08, 04:01 PM
He is a big, fat slob unfortunately.
He's going to be dead within 5 years if he doesn't make some serious changes to his diet.

yankeesAZ
02-04-08, 01:18 AM
Will Artie make it to work this morning (assuming he's drunk and celebrating the Giants SB win)?

PuffNettles9
02-04-08, 08:40 AM
Will Artie make it to work this morning (assuming he's drunk and celebrating the Giants SB win)?

yup and 78K richer

AMYanks
02-04-08, 06:28 PM
Jim Cramer is going to make Artie a rich man. :lol:

yankeesAZ
02-05-08, 11:55 AM
yup and 78K richer

He broke his bookie. That sucks, cause the customer can't go break the bookie's legs, but can break yours.

yankeesAZ
02-06-08, 10:27 PM
Did anyone hear today's show where Richard and Sal went to the Giants' parade and got some fan reaction? That was some funny sh*t.

PuffNettles9
02-07-08, 08:38 AM
Did anyone hear today's show where Richard and Sal went to the Giants' parade and got some fan reaction? That was some funny sh*t.

hahah "boston patriots" :P

yankeesAZ
02-07-08, 01:12 PM
hahah "boston patriots" :P

The bit would have been perfect if Richard and Sal put on Tom Brady jerseys at the end.

CyYoung4Vazquez
02-07-08, 03:22 PM
The dude from Survivor really sucked today. I hope he's never on again.

AMYanks
02-08-08, 09:20 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/dsrbroadway/100_0965.jpg

Hey Boffa! Day's a store in Franfce wif my name on it!

It reminds me of the old prank phone call:

Booey: Who's this?
Billy: *in his female voice* Barbara.
Booey: Barbara who?
Billy: Barbara Booey!
Booey: *hang up*

AMYanks
02-08-08, 09:58 PM
Imagine if JD or Benjy replaced Howard at K-Rock when he left for SIRIUS... and you have the idea for a new VH1 show "Free Radio".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAxlvLkbKM

It premiered tonight at 9:30. I'm surprised Howard didn't mention it. If he complains about "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?" ripping him off, then why no mention of this?

AMYanks
02-13-08, 03:25 AM
Benjy comes in a minute late every now and then and Howard constantly rags on him, but Artie just takes complete days off every couple of weeks (yesterday because of a hangover!) and Howard just laughs it off.

I miss the old Howard. If Jackie missed a day with a hangover, Howard would tear him apart for 3 hours the next day. Hamptons Howie and everyone else is so soft. Sal needs to talk some sense into him.

Octoberbaby
02-13-08, 03:37 AM
Benjy comes in a minute late every now and then and Howard constantly rags on him, but Artie just takes complete days off every couple of weeks (yesterday because of a hangover!) and Howard just laughs it off.

I miss the old Howard. If Jackie missed a day with a hangover, Howard would tear him apart for 3 hours the next day. Hamptons Howie and everyone else is so soft. Sal needs to talk some sense into him.

I agree with you. Why does Artie get away with this stuff? It seems like Howard walks on eggshells around Artie, afraid to push him over the edge or something. Artie could never take the kind of ribbing that Jackie, Gary, and others have taken from Howard in the past.

PuffNettles9
02-13-08, 10:27 AM
Artie missed cupcake wednesday!

Octoberbaby
02-13-08, 03:28 PM
Artie missed cupcake wednesday!

He must really be sick! :D

tdel23
02-13-08, 04:04 PM

I agree with you, I'm a huge Artie fan but he has been calling out "sick" way to much....I don't think the show moves along as smoothly without him, plus Robin feels the need to talk even more:barf:

CyYoung4Vazquez
02-13-08, 04:45 PM
That rap dude today was awful.

I agree with you, I'm a huge Artie fan but he has been calling out "sick" way to much....I don't think the show moves along as smoothly without him, plus Robin feels the need to talk even more:barf:

RhodyYanksFan
02-13-08, 04:59 PM

I thought Artie was leaving the show at the end of 2007?

PuffNettles9
02-13-08, 06:33 PM
He must really be sick! :D

He also missed his chance to say "thats the hottest chick we've had in here"

Octoberbaby
02-13-08, 07:29 PM
He also missed his chance to say "thats the hottest chick we've had in here"

Every chick that comes in there is the hottest chick to Artie. It gets annoying after awhile the way he comes on to every girl that goes in there. Then he wonders why they are turned off. I think he should look in the mirror!

AMYanks
02-13-08, 10:35 PM
If Artie finally leaves soon, I just hope Greg Fitzsimmons doesn't replace him. He's not funny at all, and he comes across as the biggest prick.

Hire Colin Quinn. He's a huge fan of the show that listens religiously every single day, is brilliantly funny... and quite frankly, has nothing better to do.

Octoberbaby
02-13-08, 11:15 PM
If Artie finally leaves soon, I just hope Greg Fitzsimmons doesn't replace him. He's not funny at all, and he comes across as the biggest prick.

Hire Colin Quinn. He's a huge fan of the show that listens religiously every single day, is brilliantly funny... and quite frankly, has nothing better to do.

I agree about Greg Fitzsimmons. I just hate his voice and don't think he is funny. I love Colin Quinn and always like him on the show. Sometimes he calls in on the Wrap Up Show. I also always liked Adam Corolla but he is not an option.

RhodyYanksFan
02-14-08, 08:54 AM

Colin Quinn is hilarious. He's not good on scripted shows (SNL), but his stand up and off the cuff stuff is awesome. He's like a grumpy old man who's only in his 40s.

PuffNettles9
02-14-08, 09:12 AM
Every chick that comes in there is the hottest chick to Artie. It gets annoying after awhile the way he comes on to every girl that goes in there. Then he wonders why they are turned off. I think he should look in the mirror!

Did you see the chick tho?!!!!!!! check out howardstern.com

RhodyYanksFan
02-14-08, 09:21 AM
Did you see the chick tho?!!!!!!! check out howardstern.com

The one with the tattoo on her butt cheek? :barf: That's disgusting.

You want hotties...look who was on O&A yesterday ;)

http://celebslam.buzznet.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/daniella-sarahyba-brazil-model-front.jpg

SubwayFanatic
02-14-08, 09:22 AM
Artie, "The last time I did not jerk off for seven months, I was seven months old." :lol:

yankeesAZ
02-14-08, 11:45 AM
Artie is back today and he did say Miss Howard Stern is "the hottest chick we ever had on" again.

PuffNettles9
02-14-08, 11:52 AM
The one with the tattoo on her butt cheek? :barf: That's disgusting.

You want hotties...look who was on O&A yesterday ;)

http://celebslam.buzznet.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/daniella-sarahyba-brazil-model-front.jpg

you must not pay attention to the show...but no the one w/the tat on her butt cheeks thats summer verona the one who had her "father" wax her asshole

she isnt in the rotator...look below that where it says "the miss with the most"

but here is a taste
http://howardstern.com/dtcms/tsimg/17_27935.jpg

CyYoung4Vazquez
02-14-08, 02:02 PM
I just met pretty much the whole cast except for Howard and Robin. They were at a book signing @ Borders on Park Ave.

tdel23
02-14-08, 02:13 PM
I just met pretty much the whole cast except for Howard and Robin. They were at a book signing @ Borders on Park Ave.

how fat is Artie in person??

The Wild Thing song by Eric the Midget was great!!!

CyYoung4Vazquez
02-14-08, 02:18 PM
He's pretty big. I saw hime last year and he actually looked bigger.

how fat is Artie in person??

AMYanks
02-14-08, 05:28 PM
Artie is back today and he did say Miss Howard Stern is "the hottest chick we ever had on" again.

I still think the hottest girl they ever had on was Heather Vandeven. She was on twice, unbelievably hot. Once with Justine Jolie, who only made Heather look hotter.

RhodyYanksFan
02-14-08, 05:34 PM
Who cares how hot the girl is on the radio. What difference does it make when it's all audible and not visual? I dunno how Howard does it, but at least O&A have paltalk cameras set up so you can watch the show as well as listen. But their show isn't about just having hotties on and asking about butt sex anymore.

AMYanks
02-14-08, 06:18 PM
Who cares how hot the girl is on the radio. What difference does it make when it's all audible and not visual? I dunno how Howard does it, but at least O&A have paltalk cameras set up so you can watch the show as well as listen. But their show isn't about just having hotties on and asking about butt sex anymore.

For the radio, Artie just acts like the disgusting degenerate he is and offers them thousands and thousands of dollars for sex, which makes it very uncomfortable and awkward, then I wait to watch it the next day on Howard TV to see how hot they are.

yankeesAZ
02-14-08, 07:54 PM

Eric "Wild Thing" The Midget. Radio gold today! That should be his new intro song.

AMYanks
02-14-08, 08:18 PM
No wonder he writes songs for her.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WHwcS76AQz8

yankeesnum1
02-14-08, 08:29 PM
Eric "Wild Thing" The Midget. Radio gold today! That should be his new intro song.
Ack! Ack! Ack! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AMYanks
02-15-08, 05:38 PM
Did anyone hear Howard 100 News this morning? Evidentially, one of Johnny Fratto's friends admitted that this whole Eric-Kendra thing is infact a set up, and there are phone calls and e-mails from Kendra begging to get out of this. The only one who's not in on it is Eric.

The Howard Stern Show has turned into such a soap opera. :lol: