In a wheelchair I ride
Am I... dead or alive?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yankeesAZ
04-07-07, 08:46 PM
I'm a cowboy
In a wheelchair I ride
Am I... dead or alive?

Howard is so thanking Imus for his Monday morning material.

AMYanks
04-08-07, 12:32 AM
I don't want to be accused of saying someone is ripping off Howard, but I think Stuttering John is supplying Leno with some of Howard's material.

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=742750107

yankeesAZ
04-08-07, 10:28 AM
I don't want to be accused of saying someone is ripping off Howard, but I think Stuttering John is supplying Leno with some of Howard's material.

That's a blatent ripoff. Of course when Howard says it, he's just being Howard with some crackpot theory. Leno says it 2-3 weeks later, he's a genious.

tdel23
04-08-07, 07:09 PM
I can't wait for Howard to rip on Imus tomorrow

tdel23
04-08-07, 07:10 PM

hmm haven't heard that before...that Leno is pretty cutting edge.

Octoberbaby
04-09-07, 01:14 AM
I can't wait for Howard to rip on Imus tomorrow

I'm sorry I am going to be missing that.

NelsonMuntz
04-09-07, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry I am going to be missing that.
He basically said that Imus should just retire at this point instead of going through the charade of apologizing. Howard has claimed for years that Imus frequently made racist remarks (including using the n word) off the air when they worked at WNBC so he is not surprised by this and he views the apology as complete b.s.

tdel23
04-09-07, 10:04 AM
He basically said that Imus should just retire at this point instead of going through the charade of apologizing. Howard has claimed for years that Imus frequently made racist remarks (including using the n word) off the air when they worked at WNBC so he is not surprised by this and he views the apology as complete b.s.

I believe Imus called Robin the N word when they were at NBC, at least that is the story Robin and Howard tell.

yankeesAZ
04-09-07, 10:43 AM
That didn't take long. Artie's back on gambling and won $35G during the final 4 and temporarily put his bookie out of business.

Interesting that when he was shooting for Entourage he had to shoot another line for the A & E channel.

They had to change one line that said "piece of crap" to "piece of junk". Makes me really appreciate HBO and satellite radio.

tdel23
04-09-07, 10:57 AM
That didn't take long. Artie's back on gambling and won $35G during the final 4 and temporarily put his bookie out of business.

Interesting that when he was shooting for Entourage he had to shoot another line for the A & E channel.

They had to change one line that said "piece of crap" to "piece of junk". Makes me really appreciate HBO and satellite radio.

or as Artie calls it 35 dimes :lol:

did you hear the weigh in for battle of blobs? I wonder how much weight he gained.

yankeesAZ
04-09-07, 11:11 AM

did you hear the weigh in for battle of blobs? I wonder how much weight he gained.

Didn't get to that part yet. I'll listen to it on my way to work.

Octoberbaby
04-09-07, 11:48 AM

Howard is right. Imus should retire. If people start digging into his background things could get even worse for him. His apology is pure BS. I believed Michael Richard's apology but I would not believe Imus and it would be a pure charade and would make anyone else's apologies before or in the future look phony too.

Octoberbaby
04-09-07, 11:49 AM

35 dimes! LMAO! :lol:

tdel23
04-09-07, 01:06 PM
Eric the Midget has come to the dark side, he voted for Sanjaya.
Howard also played a clip of the O'Reilly factor, he had on some lawyer saying that Howard Stern should be sued for his role in having his audience vore for Sanjaya because it's ruining the show :lol: :lol: :lol:

Octoberbaby
04-09-07, 01:19 PM
Eric the Midget has come to the dark side, he voted for Sanjaya.
Howard also played a clip of the O'Reilly factor, he had on some lawyer saying that Howard Stern should be sued for his role in having his audience vore for Sanjaya because it's ruining the show :lol: :lol: :lol:

O'Reilly is such a tool!

AMYanks
04-09-07, 02:59 PM
"Imus dresses up in a costume every morning. If Imus shows up to work as a cowboy, I should show up as a fireman."

I just hope the "you know who" fans won't be upset that Howard brought up their 0.0 rating in Las Vegas and Chicago.

tdel23
04-09-07, 03:27 PM
"Imus dresses up in a costume every morning. If Imus shows up to work as a cowboy, I should show up as a fireman."

I just hope the "you know who" fans won't be upset that Howard brought up their 0.0 rating in Las Vegas and Chicago.

lol I heard that...yikes!

AMYanks
04-09-07, 06:04 PM
Imus suspended two weeks, being reported on SFN.

EDIT: Just realized that MSNBC is suspending him, he'll still be on WFAN. Pretty lame.

yankeesnum1
04-09-07, 09:01 PM
Imus suspended two weeks, being reported on SFN.

EDIT: Just realized that MSNBC is suspending him, he'll still be on WFAN. Pretty lame.
According to a story on Yahoo, CBS Radio has suspended him as well.

It's BS that the suspension doesn't start until NEXT Monday!

CBS Radio, MSNBC say they will suspend Imus (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-imus-protests&prov=ap&type=lgns)

NEW YORK (AP) -- CBS Radio and MSNBC both said Monday they were suspending Don Imus' morning talk show for two weeks as a protest grew about his reference last week to members of the Rutgers women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos."

The suspension begins next Monday.

yankeesAZ
04-09-07, 09:49 PM
His description of a new Steven Seagal PPV movie was hilarious today.

JDPNYY
04-09-07, 09:55 PM

3 or 4 pounds up. He's at 396.

AMYanks
04-09-07, 10:29 PM
His description of a new Steven Segal PPV movie was hilarious today.

It was the movie that Artie's been telling the story of for a while. Atleast I think that's what Artie said after Howard's description of it.

"I just read the greatest script ever."

"Oh really Steven? Who wrote it?"

"I did."

:lol:

Artie doing the 0.0 GPA scene from Animal House twice was great, too. Although, I can't be the only one who noticed that both times he did it, he called Daniel Simpson Day, Daniel Day Lewis. :lol:

Octoberbaby
04-09-07, 10:38 PM
According to a story on Yahoo, CBS Radio has suspended him as well.

It's BS that the suspension doesn't start until NEXT Monday!

CBS Radio, MSNBC say they will suspend Imus (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-imus-protests&prov=ap&type=lgns)

You're right. I never heard of suspending someone and waiting a week to carry it out. Suspension means stop now, not later!

yankeesAZ
04-09-07, 10:47 PM
It was the movie that Artie's been telling the story of for a while. Atleast I think that's what Artie said after Howard's description of it.

"I just read the greatest script ever."

"Oh really Steven? Who wrote it?"

"I did."

:lol:

Artie doing the 0.0 GPA scene from Animal House twice was great, too. Although, I can't be the only one who noticed that both times he did it, he called Daniel Simpson Day, Daniel Day Lewis. :lol:

I'm still trying to take in the plot of Steven Segal retrieving an invisible plane (think Wonder Woman's plane) created by the U.S. government.

Howard described Seagal's fighting in the movie that he has gotten so big he only fights with his fists now and doesn't lift his legs because he can't.:lol:

CoyoteYankee
04-09-07, 10:48 PM

:eek: I seriously fear for his health.

AMYanks
04-09-07, 11:09 PM
I'm still trying to take in the plot of Steven Segal retrieving an invisible plane (think Wonder Woman's plane) created by the U.S. government.

Howard described Seagal's fighting in the movie that he has gotten so big he only fights with his fists now and doesn't lift his legs because he can't.:lol:

"The one man that can save the world is a big fat guy in a kimono." :lol:

KLJ
04-10-07, 06:51 AM
he is 296

yankeesnum1
04-10-07, 07:49 AM
15 years ago today, Sam Kinison died (December 8, 1953 April 10, 1992)

RIP Sam, you are misssed :(

Howard opened the show with "The Sounds of Kinison"

tdel23
04-10-07, 11:28 AM

can't believe it's been 15 years already.

Octoberbaby
04-10-07, 12:53 PM

RIP Sam! I still miss you. :(

Octoberbaby
04-10-07, 12:54 PM
can't believe it's been 15 years already.

My God, neither can I! Has it been that long?

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 01:12 PM
And Sam Kinison was funny how?

SubwayFanatic
04-10-07, 01:18 PM

Do you just depsise anything even remotely associated with Stern?

tdel23
04-10-07, 01:30 PM
I thought he stand up was pretty good, I didn't like all of it but it was good....and he was awesome in Back to School as the professor :lol: :lol: :lol:

yankeesnum1
04-10-07, 01:37 PM

:wtf:

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-10-07, 01:40 PM

Comedy Central ranked him the 20th funniest Stand-Up comic of all time. You can like him now.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 01:45 PM
Do you just depsise anything even remotely associated with Stern?

No. I'm being serious. I was 11 when he died. All I know about him is that he would talk and then scream; = not funny.

So tell me, what was so funny. Carlin was before my time, but I know his bits and I know he's hilarious. Educate me on Sam Kinison.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-10-07, 01:47 PM
No. I'm being serious. I was 11 when he died. All I know about him is that he would talk and then scream; = not funny.

So tell me, what was so funny. Carlin was before my time, but I know his bits and I know he's hilarious. Educate me on Sam Kinison.

Funny, you seem pretty computer literate and smart. I would've thought you'd be clever enough to look him up before making hasty generalizations.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_VURr6jnWQ

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 01:51 PM
Funny, you seem pretty computer literate and smart. I would've thought you'd be clever enough to look him up before making hasty generalizations.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_VURr6jnWQ

Thanks, but I'm at work so I can't really watch videos and I don't think about Sam Kinison everyday.

I'll look at that later though. Thanks.

Comedy Central calling him 20th best doesn't mean anything since I'm pretty sure they have Dane Cook above that.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-10-07, 01:55 PM
Comedy Central calling him 20th best doesn't mean anything since I'm pretty sure they have Dane Cook above that.

No, they don't:

20. Sam Kinison
19. Bill Hicks
18. Jonathan Winters
17. Don Rickles
16. Ellen Degeneres
15. David Letterman
14. Bob Newhart
13. Robin Williams
12. Jerry Seinfeld
11. Johnny Carson
10. Eddie Murphy
9. Roseanne Barr
8. Bill Cosby
7. Rodney Dangerfield
6. Steve Martin
5. Chris Rock
4. Woody Allen
3. Lenny Bruce
2. George Carlin
1. Richard Pryor

tdel23
04-10-07, 02:00 PM
No, they don't:

20. Sam Kinison
19. Bill Hicks
18. Jonathan Winters
17. Don Rickles
16. Ellen Degeneres
15. David Letterman
14. Bob Newhart
13. Robin Williams
12. Jerry Seinfeld
11. Johnny Carson
10. Eddie Murphy
9. Roseanne Barr
8. Bill Cosby
7. Rodney Dangerfield
6. Steve Martin
5. Chris Rock
4. Woody Allen
3. Lenny Bruce
2. George Carlin
1. Richard Pryor

wow Eddie Murphy 10?

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 02:01 PM
wow Eddie Murphy 10?

Roseanne shouldn't be within sniffing distance of this list. Guess they had to put one female in there though.

tdel23
04-10-07, 02:05 PM
Roseanne shouldn't be within sniffing distance of this list. Guess they had to put one female in there though.

yeah I don't know how seriously I can take a list that has Roseanne ahead of Eddie Murphy, or not have Eddie Murphy in the top 5, but that is just my opinion.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 02:10 PM
yeah I don't know how seriously I can take a list that has Roseanne ahead of Eddie Murphy, or not have Eddie Murphy in the top 5, but that is just my opinion.

I'd switch Eddie with Woody Allen and Bill Hicks with Dave Letterman.

AMYanks
04-10-07, 02:36 PM
The best was Howard having to run to the elevator this morning to console Richard Simmons after calling him a woman. :lol:

Richard running out of the studio crying... just like the old days. :lol:

tdel23
04-10-07, 02:37 PM
The best was Howard having to run to the elevator this morning to console Richard Simmons after calling him a woman. :lol:

LOL, yeah that was great

Octoberbaby
04-10-07, 04:52 PM

I saw Sam Kinison do stand up in Vegas and I was LMAO!!!! It wasn't only about screaming, he was funny! The first time I saw his stand up was an his first HBO special. My cousin and I were watching it on TV and she didn't usually like his type of comedian but we were both rolling and laughing out loud.

Octoberbaby
04-10-07, 04:57 PM
No, they don't:

20. Sam Kinison
19. Bill Hicks
18. Jonathan Winters
17. Don Rickles
16. Ellen Degeneres
15. David Letterman
14. Bob Newhart
13. Robin Williams
12. Jerry Seinfeld
11. Johnny Carson
10. Eddie Murphy
9. Roseanne Barr
8. Bill Cosby
7. Rodney Dangerfield
6. Steve Martin
5. Chris Rock
4. Woody Allen
3. Lenny Bruce
2. George Carlin
1. Richard Pryor

In my world Ellen Degeneres would not be on this list at all. I would switch places between Bill Cosby and Bob Newhart. Roseanne I would leave on because the stand up she did in the beginning was ground breaking even if it wasn't my cup of tea. I also would switch the places of Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy.

Octoberbaby
04-10-07, 04:59 PM

I guess some things never change.

yankeesAZ
04-10-07, 06:45 PM

I had a feeling that was coming. That was great radio though.

AMYanks
04-10-07, 08:00 PM
Man, Howard is driving these two poor guys crazy:

http://media.putfile.com/Opie--Anthony-Rant-On-Ratings

Instead of just ignoring it, they say "Well, Howard ALSO has a 0.0 on regular radio!".

Come on guys. You're way better than all that other crap like Imus and Mancow. Act like it.

yankeesAZ
04-10-07, 08:10 PM

Instead of just ignoring it, they say "Well, Howard ALSO has a 0.0 on regular radio!".

Come on guys. You're way better than all that other crap like Imus and Mancow. Act like it.

So they did cop to the 0 rating in Vegas and Chicago?

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 08:14 PM
So they did cop to the 0 rating in Vegas and Chicago?

Yes. But they then had that guy on the phone and he admitted that they are not "flat everywhere else". Plus they said that they know their name isn't as big as Howard Stern and in some cities people have no clue who they are and it'll take time to build an audience.

NelsonMuntz
04-10-07, 10:20 PM
Yes. But they then had that guy on the phone and he admitted that they are not "flat everywhere else". Plus they said that they know their name isn't as big as Howard Stern and in some cities people have no clue who they are and it'll take time to build an audience.
Nice of them to finally admit that. Now can their fans do the same ;)

CoyoteYankee
04-10-07, 10:26 PM

That. Was. Awesome.

ABCBaseball
04-10-07, 10:31 PM

Come on guys. You're way better than all that other crap like Imus and Mancow. Act like it.Wouldn't you be pissed if a guy went on the air and blatently LIED about you? I know i would. Stern has treated o and a like complete garbage. They have more then enough reasons to hate him.

AMYanks
04-10-07, 10:36 PM
Wouldn't you be pissed if a guy went on the air and blatently LIED about you? I know i would. Stern has treated o and a like complete garbage. They have more then enough reasons to hate him.

I have no problem with them being angry, but you've got to come up with something better than "Oh yeah? Well... YOU have a 0.0 on regular radio."

Besides, they should've listened to what he said before they commented. Before and after he mentioned that, he was giving them complements.

ABCBaseball
04-10-07, 10:38 PM
I have no problem with them being angry, but you've got to come up with something better than "Oh yeah? Well... YOU have a 0.0 on regular radio."

Besides, they should've listened to what he said before they commented. Before and after he mentioned that, he was giving them complements.Dude that was a joke.... I guarantee Stern isn't complementing them. If it was i'm sure it was a backhanded one.

AMYanks
04-10-07, 10:43 PM
Dude that was a joke.... I guarantee Stern isn't complementing them to. If it was i'm sure it was a backhanded one.

Of course it was a joke, it just wasn't a good one. I was hoping they'd be more malicious. It's much better for radio wars. Back when Stern was in their shoes, trying to build a national audience, he would destroy his competition on-air.

I want O&A to succeed. And if they're going to, they really need to get vicious.

ABCBaseball
04-10-07, 10:45 PM
Of course it was a joke, it just wasn't a good one. I was hoping they'd be more malicious. It's much better for radio wars. Back when Stern was in their shoes, trying to build a national audience, he would destroy his competition on-air.

I want O&A to succeed. And if they're going to, they really need to get vicious.Stern NEVER took on O and A on the air, instead he went crying to his daddy Mel and had a gag order placed on them from ever mentioning his name. The guy is a complete and utter phoney.

AMYanks
04-10-07, 10:46 PM
Stern NEVER took on O and A on the air, instead he went crying to his daddy Mel and had a gag order placed on them from ever mentioning his name. The guy is a complete and utter phoney.

Yep. At that point, he had dominated the talk radio scene long enough, he was getting tired of burying his competition on the air. :D

ABCBaseball
04-10-07, 10:49 PM
Yep. At that point, he had dominated the talk radio scene long enough, he was getting tired of burying his competition on the air. :DExcept they weren't the competition except in his warped mind... (there is a reason he goes to the shrink 4 days a week)

Seriously how can you listen to him talk about free speech after what he did to them? He's just a blatant liar.

AMYanks
04-10-07, 10:54 PM
Except they weren't the competition except in his warped mind...

Seriously how can you listen to him talk about free speech after what he did to them? He's just a blatant liar.

Correction: He cares about free speech, unless it hurts him. He's said this many times before. ;)

He's a self admitted egomaniac, that puts him and his priorities above and beyond everyone else. He's been in therapy for 10 years, and is still pretty much the same way.

Why do O&A fans act like it's some big revelation that Howard is only for what helps him, even if it hurts others? He's said this countless times over the years. It's what makes him such a great radio personality.

Do you think if he was a nice, selfless guy, he would've built the audience that he did in 20+ years?

ABCBaseball
04-10-07, 10:56 PM
Correction: He cares about free speech, unless it hurts him. He's said this many times before. ;)

He's a self admitted egomaniac, that puts him and his priorities above and beyond everyone else. He's been in therapy for 10 years, and is still pretty much the same way.

Why do O&A fans act like it's some big revelation that Howard is only for what helps him, even if it hurts others? He's said this countless times over the years. It's what makes him such a great radio personality.

Do you think if he was a nice, selfless guy, he would've built the audience that he did in 20+ years?The point is that he's a complete phoney and that the guy you hear on the radio isn't a real person. I for one got tired of hearing a 53 year old man pretend to be somone he's not. O and A are so much more honest then he is it's silly.

And i still don't know how O and A hurt him. They were working for the SAME COMPANY on a DIFFERENT TIME SLOT.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-07, 10:59 PM
Nice of them to finally admit that. Now can their fans do the same ;)

I've always said they weren't as big as Howard. I also know they're 10x as good and funny as Howard.

Anyway, back to Artie. I saw some pics of him. He looks really, really bad.

ABCBaseball
04-10-07, 11:00 PM
I've always said they weren't as big as Howard. I also know they're 10x as good and funny as Howard.

Anyway, back to Artie. I saw some pics of him. He looks really, really bad.It's funny that Artie would talk crap about ANYONE after his big stinking bomb of a movie...

AMYanks
04-10-07, 11:09 PM
The point is that he's a complete phoney and that the guy you hear on the radio isn't a real person. I for one got tired of hearing a 53 year old man pretend to be somone he's not. O and A are so much more honest then he is it's silly.

And i still don't know how O and A hurt him. They were working for the SAME COMPANY on a DIFFERENT TIME SLOT.

Wait, you're telling me a guy who gave himself the name "King of ALL Media" is just doing it for the air, and off the air he's probably a different person? Shocking!

O&A and Howard are different. O&A are probably the same guys on the air as they are off the air. They're pretty honest guys, I guess. Howard is an egomaniac that doesn't care about anyone but himself. Off the air, it's safe to say he's the same guy, but tones it down a bit.

They both do similar types of bits. The difference is, O&A are the type of guys that are probably similar to your friends that you hang out with and have a drink with. Howard is an interesting character, it's what made him so huge. You don't meet many people like Howard. But O&A are just like regular guys. Some people prefer Howard, the outrageous egomaniac. Some prefer O&A, two regular guys.

O&A can probably get good ratings once they build their brand because they're genuinely funny guys that write decent bits (they did when I heard them on WNEW, probably the same now). Stern got enormous ratings because he combined two things: funny bits, and being an outrageous egomaniacal character with strong, sometimes controversial opinions.

O&A just want to go on the air, and do a funny show. They don't have big egos, they're just normal guys who want to do funny radio. They're not obsessed with ratings or the amount of people who care about them.

Howard is obsessed with wanting to be the biggest name, he'll do anything to get there. And if that means going behind someones back OFF the air, he'll do it.

ABCBaseball
04-10-07, 11:11 PM
Wait, you're telling me a guy who gave himself the name "King of ALL Media" is just doing it for the air, and off the air he's probably a different person? Shocking!

O&A and Howard are different. O&A are probably the same guys on the air as they are off the air. They're pretty honest guys, I guess. Howard is an egomaniac that doesn't care about anyone but himself. Off the air, it's safe to say he's the same guy, but tones it down a bit.

They both do similar types of bits. The difference is, O&A are the type of guys that are probably similar to your friends that you hang out with and have a drink with. Howard is an interesting character, it's what made him so huge. You don't meet many people like Howard. But O&A are just like regular guys. Some people prefer Howard, the outrageous egomaniac. Some prefer O&A, two regular guys.

O&A can probably get good ratings once they build their brand because they're genuinely funny guys that write decent bits (they did when I heard them on WNEW, probably the same now). Stern got enormous ratings because he combined two things: funny bits, and being an outrageous egomaniacal character with strong, sometimes controversial opinions.

O&A just want to go on the air, and do a funny show. They don't have big egos, they're just normal guys who want to do funny radio. They're not obsessed with ratings or the amount of people who care about them.

Howard is obsessed with wanting to be the biggest name, he'll do anything to get there. And if that means going behind someones back OFF the air, he'll do it.I think you just did a very good job of explaining the differences between the shows.

AMYanks
04-10-07, 11:18 PM
I think you just did a very good job of explaining the differences between the shows.

Believe me, I'd never say I liked Howard because he seems like a nice guy that I could relate to. ;)

Can we atleast both agree that Mancow isn't interesting, honest, OR funny? :lol:

yankeesAZ
04-11-07, 01:07 AM
It's funny that Artie would talk crap about ANYONE after his big stinking bomb of a movie...

When is Imus' or O & A's movie coming out?

RhodyYanksFan
04-11-07, 07:32 AM
When is Imus' or O & A's movie coming out?

It'll come out when they get 12 weeks vacation a year and have time to write a book :P

BTW there are talks of a book about their career in the works...

yankeesAZ
04-11-07, 07:40 AM
It'll come out when they get 12 weeks vacation a year and have time to write a book :P

BTW there are talks of a book about their career in the works...

Cool. Too bad they are in no position to make such deals. Imus has a nice vacation coming up though. Maybe he'll get his vacation extended and can make his movie where he plays a cowboy. He already plays one on TV.

tdel23
04-11-07, 08:49 AM
Except they weren't the competition except in his warped mind... (there is a reason he goes to the shrink 4 days a week)

jeez for someone who hates Howard so much you sure know his life story pretty well...

SubwayFanatic
04-11-07, 09:07 AM
Stern NEVER took on O and A on the air, instead he went crying to his daddy Mel and had a gag order placed on them from ever mentioning his name. The guy is a complete and utter phoney.

Jesus. O&A and their fans still can't let this gag order go. How many years ago did it happen now?

ABCBaseball
04-11-07, 09:44 AM
jeez for someone who hates Howard so much you sure know his life story pretty well...As I said I was a stern fan way before i even knew who O and A were.

ABCBaseball
04-11-07, 09:45 AM
Jesus. O&A and their fans still can't let this gag order go. How many years ago did it happen now?If somone at your job did that to you then I doubt you'd forget it either. Especially when that person claims to fight for free speech.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-11-07, 09:58 AM
O&ABCBaseball hasn't shut his mouth yet, huh? It's amazing that someone he doesn't know can make him so bitter isn't it?

I think Howard has a soft spot for JD.

ABCBaseball
04-11-07, 09:59 AM
O&ABCBaseball hasn't shut his mouth yet, huh? It's amazing that someone he doesn't know can make him so bitter isn't it?

I think Howard has a soft spot for JD.It's amazing that somone who says he's not a stern fan would care.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-11-07, 10:03 AM
Uh oh, he thinks I can see his post! Hahahahahaha

tdel23
04-11-07, 10:03 AM
As I said I was a stern fan way before i even knew who O and A were.

ohh I was unaware, my bad.

Octoberbaby
04-11-07, 01:09 PM
Cool. Too bad they are in no position to make such deals. Imus has a nice vacation coming up though. Maybe he'll get his vacation extended and can make his movie where he plays a cowboy. He already plays one on TV.

Maybe another re-make of Weekend at Bernie's. Imus can play the dead guy.

tdel23
04-11-07, 01:37 PM
Eric the Midget has doen a complete 180 voting for Sanjaya over 100 times last night...it's not as funny now that he is voting for Sanjaya.

SubwayFanatic
04-11-07, 01:45 PM
Eric the Midget has doen a complete 180 voting for Sanjaya over 100 times last night...it's not as funny now that he is voting for Sanjaya.

I have not heard much of the show the last few days or so. Why is he voting for Sanjaya now? Does he actually like him now, or is Howard offering him a prize or something if he does?

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-11-07, 01:48 PM
I have not heard much of the show the last few days or so. Why is he voting for Sanjaya now? Does he actually like him now, or is Howard offering him a prize or something if he does?

He was going to have a Wrestling trivia contest with someone, and if he lost he had to vote for Sanjaya, so, knowing he was going to lose, he decided to turn tables himself instead of being forced to.

AMYanks
04-11-07, 07:36 PM
MSNBC has pulled its Imus simulcast. I was surprised when Howard was so definite in his opinion that Imus would never return from the suspension... but it looks like he might be right.

YankeePride1967
04-11-07, 07:39 PM
MSNBC has pulled it's Imus simulcast. I was surprised when Howard was so definite in his opinion that Imus would never return from the suspension... but it looks like he might be right.

I agree that Imus is done on commercial radio. I think satellite would be an option (most likely XM for obvious reasons) if he wanted but wonder if at his age if he'd even have interest.

NelsonMuntz
04-11-07, 10:31 PM
MSNBC has pulled its Imus simulcast. I was surprised when Howard was so definite in his opinion that Imus would never return from the suspension... but it looks like he might be right.
I think he has some inside info. Similar to how he also knew that K Rock was planning on getting rid of Roth.

Octoberbaby
04-12-07, 12:03 AM

Is that what he said today?

I knew as soon as I heard about Imus's comments that the fallout for him would be great. I guess your past comes back to haunt you when you get yourself in a jam in life.

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 09:39 AM
It would be nice to see what howie has to say about Imus getting fired from MSNBC.... But wait he's off today. lol

tdel23
04-12-07, 10:09 AM
It would be nice to see what howie has to say about Imus getting fired from MSNBC.... But wait he's off today. lol

Howard isn't off today and he did goof on him from being fired from msnbc.....Fred does a pretty good Imus

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-12-07, 10:12 AM

Hahahahahahahaha, liar! Just like Howard! Hahahahaha

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 10:16 AM
Howard isn't off today and he did goof on him from being fired from msnbc.....Fred does a pretty good ImusI chcked every howie fan site for show threads... If he was on than my bad.

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 10:17 AM
Hahahahahahahaha, liar! Just like Howard! HahahahahaJust like when you said you wern't a stern fan.

tdel23
04-12-07, 10:20 AM
I chcked every howie fan site for show threads... If he was on than my bad.

yeah he was on live today, I wish he wasn't that would mean it is friday, but it is only thursday :(

RhodyYanksFan
04-12-07, 10:21 AM
Howard isn't off today and he did goof on him from being fired from msnbc.....Fred does a pretty good Imus

You gotta hear Anthony's Imus impression. It's uncanny.

Shouldn't Howard, the guy who was all about free speech when he was getting killed by the FCC, be supportive of the insanity Imus is being subjected to?

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 10:23 AM

Shouldn't Howard, the guy who was all about free speech when he was getting killed by the FCC, be supportive of the insanity Imus is being subjected to?No because as AM said, Howard only cares about HIS free speech.

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 10:40 AM
The caller on the line said that there were some people fighting about getting Imus on the air out in Pittsburgh though. Howard didn't believe that at all. He said he was talking to a few guys yesterday about what's been going on and he really thinks that Imus was never funny and was just trying to be him.
So Imus who had a career for WAY longer then Stern is trying to be him huh? How do you people listen to this guy? He's obviously completely insane. Him piling on Imus shows how much of a complete hypocrite he is.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-12-07, 10:44 AM
I chcked every howie fan site for show threads... If he was on than my bad.

You = pathetic. Hahahahaha. Get a hobby (life).

tdel23
04-12-07, 10:49 AM

Shouldn't Howard, the guy who was all about free speech when he was getting killed by the FCC, be supportive of the insanity Imus is being subjected to?

well it's not exactly like Imus and Howard like each other and to be fair I don't ever remember Imus sticking up for Howard when he was getting killed by the FCC

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 10:50 AM
well it's not exactly like Imus and Howard like each other and to be fair I don't ever remember Imus sticking up for Howard when he was getting killed by the FCCWrong. Imus did. Because Imus isn't a complete hypocrite.

JDPNYY
04-12-07, 10:53 AM
Mr. Kroger: two C's, two D's and an F. That's a 1.2 grade average. Congratulations, Kroger. You're at the top of the Delta pledge class. Mr. Dorfman?

Zero point two... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Mr. Hoover, president of Delta house? One point six; four C's and an F. A fine example you set! Daniel Simpson Day... HAS no grade point average. All courses incomplete.

Mr. Opie, Mr. Anthony... ZERO POINT ZERO.

yankeesAZ
04-12-07, 10:55 AM
So Imus who had a career for WAY longer then Stern is trying to be him huh? How do you people listen to this guy? He's obviously completely insane. Him piling on Imus shows how much of a complete hypocrite he is.

First off, nice call on him being off today. That was a good one. But please continue to give us the straight facts on Imus.

Second, Howard worked with Imus years ago and he was a grade A, A-hole to him, Robin, and other people that worked there, and even ones not working for Stern.

So of course Howard is going to kick him when he's down. I hope he picks all the pieces off of Imus' carcus, if for no other reason to provide us laughs.

tdel23
04-12-07, 11:00 AM
Wrong. Imus did. Because Imus isn't a complete hypocrite.

do you have any links or stories that support this?

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 11:02 AM
do you have any links or stories that support this?Any one who listens to Imus will tell you that he's always fair to Stern. All the real venom comes the other direction.

JDPNYY
04-12-07, 11:03 AM
Any one who listens to Imus will tell you that he's always fair to Stern. All the real venom comes the other direction.

And how are these 9 people supposed to be tracked down?

tdel23
04-12-07, 11:04 AM
Mr. Kroger: two C's, two D's and an F. That's a 1.2 grade average. Congratulations, Kroger. You're at the top of the Delta pledge class. Mr. Dorfman?

Zero point two... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Mr. Hoover, president of Delta house? One point six; four C's and an F. A fine example you set! Daniel Simpson Day... HAS no grade point average. All courses incomplete.

that was hysterical when Artie was doing that.

JDPNYY
04-12-07, 11:05 AM
that was hysterical when Artie was doing that.

Very funny. Arthur is a funny dude.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-12-07, 11:06 AM

Maybe we can send the "Pests" to find them? The outnumber the Imus listeners by at least 4.

yankeesAZ
04-12-07, 11:07 AM

Wow, his ratings went up!

JDPNYY
04-12-07, 11:08 AM
Maybe we can send the "Pests" to find them? The outnumber the Imus listeners by at least 4.

With Imus, likely, out the door, surely O & A's ratings will be going through the roof. Diamond Dave may finally be in danger of having worse ratings than O & A.

RhodyYanksFan
04-12-07, 11:19 AM

Ahem...

On Thursday, O&A gave out their ratings in Las Vegas compared to the previous month. Figures come from the Vegas station's PD.

Adults 12+ 1.7 -> 2.3
Adults 18-34 2.3 -> 3.7
Men 18+ 2.2 -> 2.5

So clearly, not 0.0

Furthermore...from an article back when Stern was on FM in Vegas:

Howard Stern shocked the radio industry again Wednesday, this time with a surprise announcement that his popular morning talk show will move from broadcast networks to Sirius satellite radio.

His show dominates the radio market among males 18-49 and ranks No. 1 in many of its markets, including Las Vegas. Stern's show this spring enjoyed a 3.4 rating among adults ages 18 to 34 during the lucrative 6 to 10 a.m. period.

Last I checked 3.7 > 3.4

JDPNYY
04-12-07, 11:21 AM
Ahem...

On Thursday, O&A gave out their ratings in Las Vegas compared to the previous month. Figures come from the Vegas station's PD.

Adults 12+ 1.7 -> 2.3
Adults 18-34 2.3 -> 3.7
Men 18+ 2.2 -> 2.5

So clearly, not 0.0

Furthermore...from an article back when Stern was on FM in Vegas:

Last I checked 3.7 > 3.4

O & A told you this?

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 11:34 AM
that was hysterical when Artie was doing that.Except that Anthony did that same joke months ago.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-12-07, 11:37 AM
Except that Anthony did that same joke months ago.

Anthony quoted Animal House months before Arite, what a comedic genius. Stop the presses.

ABCBaseball
04-12-07, 11:38 AM
Anthony quoted Animal House months before Arite, what a comedic genius. Stop the presses.Man for somone who claims not to be a stern fan you really seem to care alot about people bashing him...

tdel23
04-12-07, 11:40 AM
Except that Anthony did that same joke months ago.

how do you listen to Both O&A and Imus, aren't they on at the same time?

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-12-07, 11:40 AM
Man for somone who claims not to be a stern fan you really seem to care alot about people bashing him...

You were bashing Artie, not Stern. Different people, just like Opie is different from Anthony.

RhodyYanksFan
04-12-07, 11:42 AM
O & A told you this?

They read a memo from the program director at the station in Vegas.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-12-07, 11:43 AM
They read a memo from the program director at the station in Vegas.

Director Norton ;)

RhodyYanksFan
04-12-07, 11:44 AM
Director Norton ;)

:lol: I think it was legit.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-12-07, 11:45 AM
:lol: I think it was legit.

Does Norton sit in and talk the entire time? Is it a three person show, or is he more in the background?

RhodyYanksFan
04-12-07, 11:46 AM
Does Norton sit in and talk the entire time? Is it a three person show, or is he more in the background?

It's turned into a 3 person show. If Norton isn't there, they have someone fill in for him...usually Bill Burr or Patrice O'Neal.

yankeesAZ
04-12-07, 11:50 AM
Isn't there an Opie and Anthony thread?

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-12-07, 11:51 AM

Yes but their aren't enough fans to keep it high enough to find on the list of threads ;)

yankeesAZ
04-12-07, 12:01 PM
Yes but their aren't enough fans to keep it high enough to find on the list of threads ;)

That explains it!:)

tdel23
04-12-07, 12:56 PM
sounds like Artie and Gary had a great night with the Krafts last night.

AMYanks
04-12-07, 01:06 PM
The Howard Stern Thread has turned into an O&A thread yet again?

Color me shocked.

Octoberbaby
04-12-07, 01:08 PM

Yeah, I thought now that they had their own thread, the O&A pests would stay out of this thread. After all, if you say you hate Howard, why even bother with anything having to do with him. That is unless you are obsessed with him but pretend to hate him.

tdel23
04-12-07, 02:22 PM
Good to see Sanjaya live another week!!!

and could you imagine if Howard said what Imus said...I wonder if the people defending Imus would be defending Howard the same way, for some reason I think not.

AMYanks
04-12-07, 03:41 PM
Well, Howard was right. CBS Radio has fired Don Imus.

tdel23
04-12-07, 03:45 PM

looks like Artie will owe Dominick 1000 bucks now :lol: :lol: :lol:

tdel23
04-12-07, 03:55 PM

oh great now we have to wait for Monday for Howard to goof on Imus!!....dam howard and his 4 day work week :P

YankeePride1967
04-12-07, 04:05 PM
do you have any links or stories that support this?

I don't think there are links to statements made on the air, but I do remember Imus speaking out on his show saying Howard wasn't being treated right by the FCC.

AMYanks
04-12-07, 04:39 PM
I don't think there are links to statements made on the air, but I do remember Imus speaking out on his show saying Howard wasn't being treated right by the FCC.

Believe me, if O&A were in the mess and not Imus, Howard definitely wouldn't be against them. It's the same reason why I bet if Howard was in this mess and not Imus, O&A wouldn't be defending him nearly as much as they're defending Imus.

It's because Howard was treated horribly by Imus, and to be absolutely fair, O&A were treated poorly by Howard. The envy O&A have towards Howard is the same that Howard has toward Imus. No matter what Howard feels about this, he'll always side against Imus.

AMYanks
04-12-07, 05:30 PM
Heh...

Octoberbaby
04-12-07, 08:33 PM
Believe me, if O&A were in the mess and not Imus, Howard definitely wouldn't be against them. It's the same reason why I bet if Howard was in this mess and not Imus, O&A wouldn't be defending him nearly as much as they're defending Imus.

It's because Howard was treated horribly by Imus, and to be absolutely fair, O&A were treated poorly by Howard. The envy O&A have towards Howard is the same that Howard has toward Imus. No matter what Howard feels about this, he'll always side against Imus.

In no way is Howard envious of Imus, now or ever.

AMYanks
04-12-07, 08:39 PM
In no way is Howard envious of Imus, now or ever.

Envy isn't the word I should've used to describe it, I'm not sure why I did. It's just hatred for the way he was treated.

Octoberbaby
04-12-07, 08:44 PM
Envy isn't the word I should've used to describe it, I'm not sure why I did. It's just hatred for the way he was treated.

Right, he developed a dislike for Imus because of the way Imus treated him and the other people they worked with at the time.

tdel23
04-16-07, 10:06 AM
LOL at Robin doing horribly this weekend driving a race car.

Octoberbaby
04-16-07, 11:47 AM
LOL at Robin doing horribly this weekend driving a race car.

What a joke that must have been.

AMYanks
04-16-07, 02:49 PM
I had never heard that bit Imus did a year or so ago involving Beth. Now I'm really glad that no talent dick was fired.

Octoberbaby
04-16-07, 02:50 PM
I had never heard that bit Imus did a year or so ago involving Beth. Now I'm really glad that no talent dick was fired.

What was it about? He really should not dis on Beth. She never did him any harm.

AMYanks
04-16-07, 02:54 PM
What was it about? He really should not dis on Beth. She never did him any harm.

That day, some guy called Howard and said he saw Imus at the gym and how stupid he looked trying to lift weights, etc. So then on Imus' show, Bernard played a black guy who called in and did a bit about Howard at the gym, and then went on to say that Beth was a whore, and that she had herpies, and some other insults. It wasn't even funny.

I think the funniest part of the segment was Sid, who is the biggest phony in the world. In this bit he said that there would be no Howard if there wasn't an Imus (something that even Imus said wasn't true), and then a few months ago when he gets fired from WFAN, he comes on Howard's show and says how he's always been a huge Howard fan and hated working for Imus... and before Imus was fired, Sid was back working for him! The guy is a joke.

RhodyYanksFan
04-16-07, 02:56 PM

She's a horseface.

AMYanks
04-16-07, 03:00 PM
She's a horseface.

So I guess that makes it perfectly acceptable to go on the air and call her a whore with herpies?

Octoberbaby
04-16-07, 03:00 PM
She's a horseface.

So does that entitle Imus to call her a whore?

Octoberbaby
04-16-07, 03:01 PM
So I guess that makes it perfectly acceptable to go on the air and call her a whore with herpies?

I see we are on the same page! :D

Octoberbaby
04-16-07, 03:02 PM
That day, some guy called Howard and said he saw Imus at the gym and how stupid he looked trying to lift weights, etc. So then on Imus' show, Bernard played a black guy who called in and did a bit about Howard at the gym, and then went on to say that Beth was a whore, and that she had herpies, and some other insults. It wasn't even funny.

I think the funniest part of the segment was Sid, who is the biggest phony in the world. In this bit he said that there would be no Howard if there wasn't an Imus (something that even Imus said wasn't true), and then a few months ago when he gets fired from WFAN, he comes on Howard's show and says how he's always been a huge Howard fan and hated working for Imus... and before Imus was fired, Sid was back working for him! The guy is a joke.

Sid sounds like a real tool!

RhodyYanksFan
04-16-07, 03:26 PM
So does that entitle Imus to call her a whore?

Because Howard never made fun of someone's significant other without knowing him/her personally?

AMYanks
04-16-07, 03:57 PM
Because Howard never made fun of someone's significant other without knowing him/her personally?

The worst thing he said about Deirdre was that he felt bad for her because she lives with Imus.

I don't equate that with calling her a whore who has genital herpies.

One is an innocent comment, the other is a possible lawsuit.

yankeesAZ
04-16-07, 08:16 PM
The worst thing he said about Deirdre was that he felt bad for her because she lives with Imus.

It's all good. Imus is done (for at least awhile if not permanently) and all his fans whining aint gonna do nothing about it and I love it.

Octoberbaby
04-17-07, 12:39 AM

Exactly!!! You tell 'em!!!!

Octoberbaby
04-17-07, 12:40 AM
It's all good. Imus is done (for at least awhile if not permanently) and all his fans whining aint gonna do nothing about it and I love it.

Me too. Deidre has a book out on Green Living or something like that. She has really capitalized on his success. Now she won't have the venue to promote it that she had with him on the air.

Octoberbaby
04-17-07, 12:41 AM

Do you think making fun of someone and calling them a whore are the same thing?

yankeesAZ
04-17-07, 12:53 AM

You're wasting your time trying to explain the difference. The Howard haters are going to say "he's just as bad as Imus".

Octoberbaby
04-17-07, 01:21 AM
You're wasting your time trying to explain the difference. The Howard haters are going to say "he's just as bad as Imus".

I'm getting the feeling that the Imus fans where so used to hearing people called "whores" and other things equally as bad that they are numbed to it and don't see how bad it is.

In all the years I listened to Howard I never heard him say anything like that to or about anyone.

YankeePride1967
04-17-07, 07:21 AM
Me too. Deidre has a book out on Green Living or something like that. She has really capitalized on his success. Now she won't have the venue to promote it that she had with him on the air.

With the money from that book going to charity, how did she "capitalize on his success" in that regard?

RhodyYanksFan
04-17-07, 07:24 AM

See in my world, making fun of someone is done by calling her a whore. And I know Howard has called out other famous people's significant others for being slutty or whore-ish.

yankeesAZ
04-17-07, 10:41 AM
See in my world, making fun of someone is done by calling her a whore. And I know Howard has called out other famous people's significant others for being slutty or whore-ish.

Not that I ever recall unless maybe it was a situation where they were cheating.

AMYanks
04-17-07, 03:46 PM

I don't recall Howard calling any woman a whore with genital herpies, especially when the woman hasn't done anything to deserve being ridiculed.

Howard bad mouthed Imus, and in return Imus bad mouthed Howard's girlfriend. Imus likes to slander innocent people, just like the Rutgers basketball team.

yankeesAZ
04-17-07, 10:24 PM
:clap:That was an absolutely pitiful performance by Sanjaya!

Can't wait to vote for him!

Octoberbaby
04-17-07, 11:57 PM

He never called anyone a whore. There is a big difference in joking around and calling a name like whore to a woman.

Octoberbaby
04-18-07, 12:04 AM
With the money from that book going to charity, how did she "capitalize on his success" in that regard?

This is not the first book she has promoted on his show. If I'm not mistaken she had one on vegetarian cooking or something. Usually in these deals not all the profits go to charity just a percentage of the profit does. When you are in their tax bracket it is a good idea to give some profits to charity so they don't get killed on taxes and it makes them look good at the same time.

YankeePride1967
04-18-07, 07:41 AM
This is not the first book she has promoted on his show. If I'm not mistaken she had one on vegetarian cooking or something. Usually in these deals not all the profits go to charity just a percentage of the profit does. When you are in their tax bracket it is a good idea to give some profits to charity so they don't get killed on taxes and it makes them look good at the same time.

I know the book she did on the ranch went 100% to charity and I believe that one did too.

Octoberbaby
04-18-07, 01:13 PM
I know the book she did on the ranch went 100% to charity and I believe that one did too.

You are right. I saw her on The View today promoting the new book and it was announced that all the proceeds go Imus' cancer camp.

yankeesAZ
04-18-07, 09:41 PM
Bye, bye Sanjaya. Howard's rant about it being fixed is gonna be good tomorrow.

Octoberbaby
04-18-07, 10:26 PM
Bye, bye Sanjaya. Howard's rant about it being fixed is gonna be good tomorrow.

Sanjaya's been voted out? :(

yankeesAZ
04-18-07, 11:40 PM
Sanjaya's been voted out? :(

Yes, he's gone.

Octoberbaby
04-19-07, 02:18 AM
Yes, he's gone.

Jimmy Kimmel showed it on his show. Sanjaya looked like he really didn't expect it.

tdel23
04-19-07, 07:57 AM
oh well that was fun while it lasted, now I can go back again to not caring about American Idol.

KLJ
04-19-07, 10:47 AM
oh well that was fun while it lasted, now I can go back again to not caring about American Idol.exactly how i feel.. at least it gave me a reason to care about that crappy show

Octoberbaby
04-19-07, 05:49 PM
oh well that was fun while it lasted, now I can go back again to not caring about American Idol.

:lol: :lol: I'm with you there!

yankeesAZ
04-20-07, 12:02 PM
With the week over, all I have left to say to sum up this week's worth of shows is:

"Droppin loads......!!!" (insert name or phase):D

tdel23
04-23-07, 09:56 AM
damn that irrlevant Howard Stern!!!

The biggest change in ad revenue from 2005 to 2006 surprised no one. In 2005, with Howard Stern in the morning, WXRK (92.3 FM) billed $50.8 million. In 2006, the Stern-less WFNY billed $18.7 million - a drop of more than 60%.

It would be hard to find a more persuasive argument about Stern's radio stature.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2007/04/23/2007-04-23_winners_and_losers_in_radio_ad_revenue.html

RhodyYanksFan
04-23-07, 10:12 AM
Lemme guess...Howard thinks Fox fixed the Sanjaya vote to make him look bad?

yankeesAZ
04-23-07, 11:14 AM
Lemme guess...Howard thinks Fox fixed the Sanjaya vote to make him look bad?

You missed that debate last week. But for the record he didn't say it was to "make him look bad".

Must be boring on the O & A thread.

Octoberbaby
04-23-07, 01:21 PM
You missed that debate last week. But for the record he didn't say it was to "make him look bad".

:lol: :lol:

SubwayFanatic
04-24-07, 09:54 AM

They are just angry that they can't put a spin on O&A's horrible terristrial radio ratings so they have to come here and cry.

tdel23
04-24-07, 12:59 PM
So Robin and Mr. X break up...the funniest part was Gary the retard calling up asking for a date.

Octoberbaby
04-24-07, 04:56 PM
So Robin and Mr. X break up...the funniest part was Gary the retard calling up asking for a date.

They broke up? She must really be upset. Who broke up with who? Was Gary the retard serious about dating Robin? I'm guessing he was!

JDPNYY
04-24-07, 05:23 PM
They broke up? She must really be upset. Who broke up with who? Was Gary the retard serious about dating Robin? I'm guessing he was!

Do you have Sirius?

Octoberbaby
04-24-07, 05:29 PM
Do you have Sirius?

Not yet, if I did I would know the answers. :)

SubwayFanatic
04-25-07, 10:05 AM
Not yet, if I did I would know the answers. :)

You did not meet the deadline that I gave you. :mad:

Octoberbaby
04-25-07, 01:46 PM
You did not meet the deadline that I gave you. :mad:

You said May 1, so I still have 6 days left. ;)

SubwayFanatic
04-25-07, 02:05 PM
You said May 1, so I still have 6 days left. ;)

Time is running out. :mad:

Octoberbaby
04-25-07, 02:08 PM
Time is running out. :mad:

I hear you. :)

tdel23
04-26-07, 01:23 PM
anybody have the S50 unit? I've been having problems the last few days with mine. I keep getting a searching for signal message. I did all the troubleshooting steps for the antenna...could it be my antenna is shot and I need a new one?

yankeesAZ
05-01-07, 07:30 PM
Great radio the last couple days with the talk about Howard leaving Gary's party early.

Everyone was on a roll.

tdel23
05-02-07, 03:26 PM
Great radio the last couple days with the talk about Howard leaving Gary's party early.

Everyone was on a roll.

I agree with Artie, Howard was wrong for leaving early...and Robin is a bitch for not showing up at all.

Tobey Maguire was on today, so much for never getting an A-list talent on the show huh?

Matrix7637
05-02-07, 03:29 PM
I agree with Artie, Howard was wrong for leaving early...and Robin is a bitch for not showing up at all.

Tobey Maguire was on today, so much for never getting an A-list talent on the show huh?

Yea, and Robin had the nerve to cackle and ramble on about the subject when she didn't show up. She gets on my nerves sometimes.

Guess that is why the show is so good.;)

Octoberbaby
05-02-07, 06:55 PM
Yea, and Robin had the nerve to cackle and ramble on about the subject when she didn't show up. She gets on my nerves sometimes.

Guess that is why the show is so good.;)

Sometimes???? :D

yankeesAZ
05-02-07, 07:14 PM

That was a good interview and Tobey handled it well. Didn't give into Howard's digging, but not in a combative way and really seemed to be having fun. Every other interview Tobey does later this week is going to be the same ol' boring canned questions, so going on Stern is almost a break from that.

tdel23
05-08-07, 03:31 PM
is there any question that Sal and Richard are gay after what they did today????

yankeesAZ
05-08-07, 05:16 PM
is there any question that Sal and Richard are gay after what they did today????

None. That was awful.

tdel23
05-16-07, 08:37 AM
not a fan of Andy Dick at all, but that roast was pretty funny today.

KLJ
05-16-07, 09:07 AM
not a fan of Andy Dick at all, but that roast was pretty funny today.
didn't listen to it... just hearing andy dick's voice is like nails on a chalkboard

SubwayFanatic
05-16-07, 10:22 AM
Huge fan of the show, but that roast, for the most part, was painfully unfunny.

Octoberbaby
05-16-07, 01:40 PM
didn't listen to it... just hearing andy dick's voice is like nails on a chalkboard

I really don't like Andy Dick at all!

SubwayFanatic
05-16-07, 02:49 PM

Did you get Sirius yet? :mad:

RhodyYanksFan
05-16-07, 02:56 PM

Has he officially come out of the closet yet? He's definitely gay right?

YankeePride1967
05-16-07, 06:31 PM
question. What is/was Howard's take on the O&A situation?

yankeesAZ
05-16-07, 06:39 PM
question. What is/was Howard's take on the O&A situation?
He said that if their ratings were any good or had more listeners, they would not be fired.

Also said the maybe a "raping Condi" joke isn't the right thing to do on XM, when XM and Sirius are trying to convince the government to approve the merger.

Basically Howard said no one ever lined up to help him with the FCC and in fact his competitors were the ones probably sending the FCC tapes of his "vulgarities", so don't expect him to get involved in any way. Says he's not worried about being fired and even if he was, they'd be doing him a favor as he would still get paid (his huge contract).

yankeesAZ
05-22-07, 08:49 AM
The limo issue yesterday was hillarous. Ronnie was really getting it from Howard. Anyone hear this?

tdel23
05-22-07, 09:08 AM
The limo issue yesterday was hillarous. Ronnie was really getting it from Howard. Anyone hear this?

that was great, I love when howard goes off on his staff.

tdel23
05-24-07, 11:03 AM
Wow HUGE news coming out of the show today...looks like Artie is leaving the show in January :(

yankeesAZ
05-24-07, 11:14 AM
Wow HUGE news coming out of the show today...looks like Artie is leaving the show in January :(

That seemed like it was inevitable. Between his TV deal and his lifestyle it's not a huge surprise. Artie just can't hang that early in the morning.

tdel23
05-24-07, 11:16 AM
That seemed like it was inevitable. Between his TV deal and his lifestyle it's not a huge surprise. Artie just can't hang that early in the morning.

yeah it was just a matter of time, i'll miss him...I wonder who will replace him, I wouldn't mind seeing craig fitzsimmons.

yankeesAZ
05-24-07, 11:18 AM
yeah it was just a matter of time, i'll miss him...I wonder who will replace him, I wouldn't mind seeing craig fitzsimmons.

Jackie Martling? He's already there. Sounds crazy, but can't rule it out.

yankeesnum1
05-24-07, 12:57 PM
I don't think he'll bring Jackie back or at least I hope he doesn't

You can't really blame Artie for wanting to leave. The way Howard treat him every day, it was only a matter of time before he left

Matrix7637
05-24-07, 02:02 PM

WOW...I didn't get a chance to listen today.:mad:

Artie is a pretty funny guy.

I'll have to catch one of the replays.

Was it announced early, middle or late in the show?

NelsonMuntz
05-24-07, 02:09 PM
Agreed. I love Artie but I knew this day would eventually come.

yankeesnum1
05-24-07, 02:21 PM

He said it just before the news. It was about 10:30 ish, not sure if that will help with the replys

jimmykey2
05-24-07, 03:20 PM
That sucks... Artie is my favorite person on the show.

Maybe he'll change his mind after the vacation.

I gotta wait for the freakin' replay now?

tdel23
05-24-07, 03:31 PM

it was annocuned at the end of the show, but at the beginning of the show there was a huge fight with Artie and Howard, it was classic.

JDPNYY
05-24-07, 05:30 PM
Best show ever.

susieb8020
05-24-07, 05:35 PM
Did anyone else want to smack Robin during the "Artie leaving" discussion for basically saying dude if I can hack it so can you? Sometimes I wish Howard would just tell her to shut the hell up. Someone should have pointed out that she doesn't have a full time career outside of her lousy news chair and that she is not in fact anyway near as talented as Artie.

JDPNYY
05-24-07, 05:36 PM
Did anyone else want to smack Robin during the "Artie leaving" discussion for basically saying dude if I can hack it so can you? Sometimes I wish Howard would just tell her to shut the hell up. Someone should have pointed out that she doesn't have a full time career outside of her lousy news chair and that she is not in fact anyway near as talented as Artie.

Robin was brilliant today. She was the reason why the whole discussion was great.

Octoberbaby
05-24-07, 06:46 PM
Jackie Martling? He's already there. Sounds crazy, but can't rule it out.

I vote for Jackie!

CyYoung4Vazquez
05-24-07, 06:48 PM
I would like Colin Quinn

Octoberbaby
05-24-07, 06:51 PM
Did you get Sirius yet? :mad:

Embarassed to admit I went past your deadline and look at what I missed. I would have loved to hear Robin giving Artie the business just so I could hate her some more!

Octoberbaby
05-24-07, 06:53 PM
I would like Colin Quinn

Shkeeves me ever since he admitted to man on man sex! :eek:

yankeesAZ
05-24-07, 07:12 PM
it was annocuned at the end of the show, but at the beginning of the show there was a huge fight with Artie and Howard, it was classic.

That was a huge fight. It started out with some wise cracks, but got serious real fast. Artie let loose on Howard today. He had a lot of bottled up stuff.

He was clearly upset about the girl with a "fat guy fetish" that Howard brought on the show yesterday, trying to hook up Artie.

Octoberbaby
05-24-07, 07:16 PM
That was a huge fight. It started out with some wise cracks, but got serious real fast. Artie let loose on Howard today. He had a lot of bottled up stuff.

He was clearly upset about the girl with a "fat guy fetish" that Howard brought on the show yesterday, trying to hook up Artie.

Artie is definitely on the wrong show if he doesn't want to get goofed on. But Robin should not talk because Howard doesn't give her the same kind of treatment he gives everyone else. She sits there like the Queen of Sheba, what is she talking about, if she can take it so can he??

yankeesAZ
05-24-07, 07:32 PM
Artie is definitely on the wrong show if he doesn't want to get goofed on. But Robin should not talk because Howard doesn't give her the same kind of treatment he gives everyone else. She sits there like the Queen of Sheba, what is she talking about, if she can take it so can he??

Artie understands he gets goofed on, but once in a while it hits a soft spot, but never says anything, then one day just explodes like today.

This is somethng they need to work out off the air. It was real tense that first hour today. Never heard Artie this upset.

This had nothing to do with his announcement today. His decision was made before today.

Octoberbaby
05-24-07, 09:39 PM
Artie understands he gets goofed on, but once in a while it hits a soft spot, but never says anything, then one day just explodes like today.

This is somethng they need to work out off the air. It was real tense that first hour today. Never heard Artie this upset.

This had nothing to do with his announcement today. His decision was made before today.

I like Artie but don't like him on the show that much. I think he talks over Howard. I know a lot of people like him on the show.

yankeesAZ
05-24-07, 10:08 PM
I like Artie but don't like him on the show that much. I think he talks over Howard. I know a lot of people like him on the show.

Not really. Artie's asleep half the time.

Octoberbaby
05-24-07, 11:10 PM
Not really. Artie's asleep half the time.

Maybe I am thinking back to when he first started on the show. He used to talk a lot.

yankeesAZ
05-24-07, 11:25 PM
Maybe I am thinking back to when he first started on the show. He used to talk a lot.

On "Cupcake Wednesday" (someone delivers some really good cupcakes to the studio) he's roaring early, but later in the show he's pretty much sleeping.

Octoberbaby
05-25-07, 02:08 AM
On "Cupcake Wednesday" (someone delivers some really good cupcakes to the studio) he's roaring early, but later in the show he's pretty much sleeping.

Well, he is in self destructive mode lately so he probably has a hangover and when he is manic it is because he is high on sugar!

I believe I know when his relationship with Howard went downhill. Going back to when Artie asked Howard to give him time off to shoot his movie and Howard not only gave him a hard time about that but he made cracks about how the movie wasn't going to be good anyway. After that I noticed Artie's attitude toward Howard changed drastically. Before that he idolized Howard and was so grateful to be on the show.

jimmykey2
05-25-07, 02:54 AM
I finally heard it... this was THE BEST SHOW OF ALL-TIME!

My favorite part was the silly "Bro" argument. Artie was correct in the sense that they aren't friends, but (IMO) more like colleagues who enjoy each other's company off the air once in a blue. Howard likes him, but really can't be called his friend if he didn't notice how much his constant badgering about Artie's weight, Dana, and drug abuse speculation bothered Artie. As the Gary dinner incident showed, Howard is a pretty self-centered guy now. My hatred for Robin is now at high pitch... she gets upset after Artie says he's leaving the show when she started the **** in the first place! They BETTER put this on Howard TV.

The awkward silences, pauses, and laughter during the Piscopo and Fatone interviews was radio gold.

LennyD23
05-25-07, 04:32 AM
I might know a thing or two about Howard Stern. ;)

JDPNYY
05-25-07, 06:56 AM
I might know a thing or two about Howard Stern. ;)

Like what?
Like how?

tdel23
05-25-07, 08:16 AM

My favorite part was the silly "Bro" argument. Artie was correct in the sense that they aren't friends, but (IMO) more like colleagues who enjoy each other's company off the air once in a blue. Howard likes him, but really can't be called his friend if he didn't notice how much his constant badgering about Artie's weight, Dana, and drug abuse speculation bothered Artie. As the Gary dinner incident showed, Howard is a pretty self-centered guy now. My hatred for Robin is now at high pitch... she gets upset after Artie says he's leaving the show when she started the **** in the first place! They BETTER put this on Howard TV.

The awkward silences, pauses, and laughter during the Piscopo and Fatone interviews was radio gold.

that whole bro argument was great...that was classic Stern radio the last 2 days.

NYDCYankee
05-25-07, 08:20 AM
Like what?
Like how?

I thnk that is Artie. He learned how to use a computer.

NelsonMuntz
05-25-07, 09:04 AM
I thnk that is Artie. He learned how to use a computer.
Artie will become a vegan before that ever happens.

Maybe it's Babba Booey. He's a Yankee & Met fan and the username looks to be a hybrid reference to Dykstra and Mattingly.

yankeesAZ
05-25-07, 10:35 AM
Well, he is in self destructive mode lately so he probably has a hangover and when he is manic it is because he is high on sugar!

I believe I know when his relationship with Howard went downhill. Going back to when Artie asked Howard to give him time off to shoot his movie and Howard not only gave him a hard time about that but he made cracks about how the movie wasn't going to be good anyway. After that I noticed Artie's attitude toward Howard changed drastically. Before that he idolized Howard and was so grateful to be on the show.

That was for Beer League, correct?

I do remember when Howard was talking about Sirius a year before he was going there and he told Artie, this would require a committment on his part (to be there and actually function). If they're only going to do 4 days, they need to be a really good 4 days (which they are). Howard not only made a great deal for himself with Fridays off, but also for most of his staff including Artie. Maybe that extra day off hurt Artie more than helped. Maybe he would have booked a few less weekend gigs if he had to work on Friday.

LennyD23
05-25-07, 01:13 PM
Like what?
Like how?

Like, zOMG!!! :-whistle-

Octoberbaby
05-25-07, 01:56 PM
That was for Beer League, correct?

I do remember when Howard was talking about Sirius a year before he was going there and he told Artie, this would require a committment on his part (to be there and actually function). If they're only going to do 4 days, they need to be a really good 4 days (which they are). Howard not only made a great deal for himself with Fridays off, but also for most of his staff including Artie. Maybe that extra day off hurt Artie more than helped. Maybe he would have booked a few less weekend gigs if he had to work on Friday.

Yes, when he first announced that he was going to be making Beer League. Howard ripped him a new one for asking for the time off but, worse than that, he really put the movie down. I heard it in Artie's voice, he was hurt by that. Before that Howard was God to him but afterward, Artie started to not give a sh*t!

Artie is an addict and Howard doesn't realize that you can't shame an addict into sobriety. Howard thinks he can cure anybody of anything. Artie has to decide he wants to get his life in order, he has to hit bottom, as they say. His bottom may be very low and there is nothing Howard can do or say to change that.

I agree that giving Artie an extra day off didn't help the situation.

Octoberbaby
05-25-07, 02:04 PM

I am not surprised at what you are saying about Robin. She did the same thing about Jackie. She just sits there on her high horse and criticizes everybody else. It is OK for her to make fun of everybody else but no one, including Howard can do it to her. She really gets my goat! If it weren't for Howard she'd be back at nursing by now.

JDPNYY
05-25-07, 02:39 PM
Like, zOMG!!! :-whistle-

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

Octoberbaby
05-25-07, 03:48 PM

:lol: :lol:

yankeesAZ
05-25-07, 09:44 PM
I am not surprised at what you are saying about Robin. She did the same thing about Jackie. She just sits there on her high horse and criticizes everybody else. It is OK for her to make fun of everybody else but no one, including Howard can do it to her. She really gets my goat! If it weren't for Howard she'd be back at nursing by now.

You'll like this site then:

They pick apart everything she says wrong on every show and I do mean "everything"!

http://www.robinswrong.com/

"During the news, when talking about the American Idol finale, Robin stated that Jordin Sparks won, making Blake Lewis the "second runner up."

Runner up is term to denote finishing in 2nd place. That would make Blake Lewis the first runner up. (5.24.07) -Chadwick"

"Robin did it again - she lost the Mike Walker game (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/mikewalker/game/) for the 8th time in a row.

In her defense, no one got the correct answer today. Her totals are now: 1 1/2 out of 17 in 2007 (8.8%) and 4 1/2 out of the last 42 (10.7%). (5.24.07) -The Amazed Listener":lol:

"In the process of bragging about her trip to the Burgundy countryside of France, Robin the sophisticate, seemed to think her race car driving skills will apply in the car ride to the wine country. She confidently boasted Burgundy is only an hour to an hour and a half outside of Paris.

Having been there myself and double checking with Mapquest (http://tinylink.com/?cSd3V3a8lJ), it is a distance of 194.74 miles or roughly three hours in the car to the city of Beaune, the epicenter of Burgundy.

Don't forget Robin, you pay speeding tickets on the spot in France! (5.23.07) -Annoyed again":lol:

" Today during the discussion about Roger Clemens signing with the Yankees, Robin the sportscaster chimed in trying to add to a conversation on a topic she knows nothing about like normal and said, "when Clemens went from the Red Sox to the Yankees...."

Of course she was immediately shot down since everyone knows that Clemens went from the Red Sox to the Blue Jays before playing for the Yankees. Everyone but Robin the newswoman that is. (5.7.07) -Robinis60."

LennyD23
05-26-07, 12:00 AM

No problem, bro.

Octoberbaby
05-26-07, 02:32 AM
You'll like this site then:

They pick apart everything she says wrong on every show and I do mean "everything"!

http://www.robinswrong.com/

"During the news, when talking about the American Idol finale, Robin stated that Jordin Sparks won, making Blake Lewis the "second runner up."

Runner up is term to denote finishing in 2nd place. That would make Blake Lewis the first runner up. (5.24.07) -Chadwick"

"Robin did it again - she lost the Mike Walker game (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/mikewalker/game/) for the 8th time in a row.

In her defense, no one got the correct answer today. Her totals are now: 1 1/2 out of 17 in 2007 (8.8%) and 4 1/2 out of the last 42 (10.7%). (5.24.07) -The Amazed Listener":lol:

"In the process of bragging about her trip to the Burgundy countryside of France, Robin the sophisticate, seemed to think her race car driving skills will apply in the car ride to the wine country. She confidently boasted Burgundy is only an hour to an hour and a half outside of Paris.

Having been there myself and double checking with Mapquest (http://tinylink.com/?cSd3V3a8lJ), it is a distance of 194.74 miles or roughly three hours in the car to the city of Beaune, the epicenter of Burgundy.

Don't forget Robin, you pay speeding tickets on the spot in France! (5.23.07) -Annoyed again":lol:

" Today during the discussion about Roger Clemens signing with the Yankees, Robin the sportscaster chimed in trying to add to a conversation on a topic she knows nothing about like normal and said, "when Clemens went from the Red Sox to the Yankees...."

Of course she was immediately shot down since everyone knows that Clemens went from the Red Sox to the Blue Jays before playing for the Yankees. Everyone but Robin the newswoman that is. (5.7.07) -Robinis60."

That is hilarious! Those are the exact same kind of thing I would point out every day when I used to listen. Every day she was wrong about somethinng but she states it with such importance like she knows she is right! I have never seen someone with such an exaggerated sense of importance that this woman has. As I said, Howard can't get away with ragging on her, she would start to jog on his face again!

NelsonMuntz
05-26-07, 09:32 AM
I like Robin. There, I said it. But then again I also like Ralph so what do I know?

yankeesAZ
05-26-07, 10:01 AM
I like Robin. There, I said it. But then again I also like Ralph so what do I know?

They all make the show in their own way whether we like them or not.

Octoberbaby
05-27-07, 09:33 PM
They all make the show in their own way whether we like them or not.

Agreed! The show would not be as good without Robin, for some odd reason.

yankeesAZ, I just bought the Stiletto 100 today! Do I register for Sirius online or something? The salesman didn't explain that part to me. Also, I didn't buy the car kit yet. He said the home kit comes with it so do I just hook it up to my stereo at home?

JDPNYY
05-27-07, 09:37 PM
Agreed! The show would not be as good without Robin, for some odd reason.

yankeesAZ, I just bought the Stiletto 100 today! Do I register for Sirius online or something? The salesman didn't explain that part to me. Also, I didn't buy the car kit yet. He said the home kit comes with it so do I just hook it up to my stereo at home?

You sign up for the service on Sirius.com. The instructions are there. It's a little less expensive if you do it online.

As for the Stiletto, I'll have to let someone else help you out, as I don't have that radio.