PDA

View Full Version : The Howard Stern Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Octoberbaby
03-29-07, 02:00 PM
The guy who started and runs votefortheworst.com was on Howard's show a couple of weeks ago. He said they have never supported a contestant that has made it to the top ten.

There's always a first time! This season has been a joke so far, may as well end it that way!

AMYanks
03-29-07, 11:55 PM
Looks like O&A and Mancow are having a war.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=378758

It's funny how Manqueer always brings up other people's ratings in Chicago, but he'll never talk about the ratings disaster that is his show outside of that city. He was in last place in a number of major markets for years.

Even though they both hate Howard, atleast O&A have some talent. Manqueer is as bad as Imus.

tdel23
03-30-07, 12:06 PM

It's funny how Manqueer always brings up other people's ratings in Chicago, but he'll never talk about the ratings disaster that is his show outside of that city. He was in last place in a number of major markets for years.

Even though they both hate Howard, atleast O&A have some talent. Manqueer is as bad as Imus.

Mancow sucks, not a fan of O&A but I love how they are goofing on him and calling him out.

RhodyYanksFan
03-30-07, 12:11 PM

He's not even on in Chicago. That's the funny part. He is on in all these small cities and has the audacity to call O&A failures. Even if they're not raking in the ratings on FM like Howard did, at least they're heard in NY, Boston, Chicago and other major markets. They're also heard nationally on XM.

Mancow is just jealous because neither satellite company nor any of Howard's old stations wanted him.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=379099

This article just makes him look even more foolish.

I can't stand Howard but I can respect what he's done for the industry and he was funny back in the day. Mancow was always the biggest phony out there.

CharmedForever61
03-31-07, 06:53 PM
I read another article about how Stern is planning to ruin that lousy, overhyped talent show called "American Idol." Thats so awesome on how he is trying to get all of his listeners to vote for the worst contestant to ruin the shows ratings..haha.

I truly hope that plan works out smoothly so American Idol can finally lose its ratings and then go off the air.

If that does happen, I'll be doing the happy feet:D

Octoberbaby
03-31-07, 06:55 PM
Thats so awesome on how Howard Stern in trying to get all of his listeners to vote for the worst contestant on that lousy, overhyped talent show called "American Idol". I truly hope that plan works out smoothly so American Idol can finally lose its ratings and then go off the air.

I so totally agree with you!

CharmedForever61
03-31-07, 07:09 PM
I so totally agree with you!

Oh thank the Lord that there are people who do agree that American Idol should be off the air. Too much hype and the judges are complete scumbags, especially that a-hole Simon who brutally insults other singers and destroys their dreams. Argh, seeing that guy on talk shows wants me to punch his lights out. (Guys don't take that literally:) )

I know many of you might have a different opinion about music then me but I extremely hate pop music, especially the ones from this generation. Completely played out, whiny and too catchy. There's no depth in that. Makes me miss the grunge scene of the '90s, even the classic alternative from the '80s.

Howard Stern rocks!!!. Miss listening to him on regular radio since I don't have Sirius.
For those who hate American Idol and the negative message it sends, lets hope that Stern's plans will finally work to derail that piece of crap of a show. Ugh, enough is enough with that and the rest of reality tv.

Howard Stern Is Trying to Kill Your 'Idol'
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/articles/_a/howard-stern-is-trying-to-kill-your-idol/20070331094009990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

YankeePride1967
03-31-07, 07:16 PM

I think this is one thing that Stern and O&A (and their fans) are on the same page. Manslob.

Octoberbaby
03-31-07, 07:49 PM
Oh thank the Lord that there are people who do agree that American Idol should be off the air. Too much hype and the judges are complete scumbags, especially that a-hole Simon who brutally insults other singers and destroys their dreams. Argh, seeing that guy on talk shows wants me to punch his lights out. (Guys don't take that literally:) )

I know many of you might have a different opinion about music then me but I extremely hate pop music, especially the ones from this generation. Completely played out, whiny and too catchy. There's no depth in that. Makes me miss the grunge scene of the '90s, even the classic alternative from the '80s.

Howard Stern rocks!!!. Miss listening to him on regular radio since I don't have Sirius.
For those who hate American Idol and the negative message it sends, lets hope that Stern's plans will finally work to derail that piece of crap of a show. Ugh, enough is enough with that and the rest of reality tv.

Howard Stern Is Trying to Kill Your 'Idol'
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/articles/_a/howard-stern-is-trying-to-kill-your-idol/20070331094009990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I can't stand Simon Cowell either. And I am not a fan of reality TV in any form. It is a way that the networks have devised to provide programming without spending a lot of money, quality be damned. Too bad the public is falling for it in droves and don't realize how they are entitled to some decent shows on TV.

JDPNYY
03-31-07, 11:06 PM
American Idol is the worst show in the history of TV.

It also represents a lot of what is wrong with this Country.

Octoberbaby
04-01-07, 12:42 AM

:-werd-:

AMYanks
04-01-07, 01:33 AM
Has anyone watched the Nicole Sheridan episode of Howard TV yet?

Now THAT'S what Howard TV was made for!

tdel23
04-02-07, 10:06 AM
sucks he is off this week.

NelsonMuntz
04-02-07, 10:25 AM

Or at a minimum what is wrong with our pop culture.

yankeesAZ
04-02-07, 12:26 PM
sucks he is off this week.

It sucks any weeks he's off, because usually something big goes down and by the time he gets back its old news.

I think there will be no more breaks until the big 2-3 week one in July.

Octoberbaby
04-02-07, 12:36 PM
It sucks any weeks he's off, because usually something big goes down and by the time he gets back its old news.

I think there will be no more breaks until the big 2-3 week one in July.

You are so right. I used to get so pissed that he was off whenever some big news happened.

yankeesAZ
04-02-07, 12:39 PM
You are so right. I used to get so pissed that he was off whenever some big news happened.

He gets a lot of time off in this contract. It's amazing what a deal he made for himself.

I'm sure he's getting skewered at SFN for being on vacation this week.

RhodyYanksFan
04-02-07, 12:41 PM
He gets a lot of time off in this contract. It's amazing what a deal he made for himself.

I wish I got that much vacation. Does he still take every Friday off?

AMYanks
04-02-07, 12:43 PM

The deal he cut to get Friday's off is the big change, he still gets the same amount of vacation time per year as he did at K-Rock.

Octoberbaby
04-02-07, 12:46 PM

The only upside to it for me would be the chance to catch up on the other shows on Friday.

yankeesAZ
04-02-07, 12:56 PM
I wish I got that much vacation. Does he still take every Friday off?

Yes, every Friday. Initially he worked a few, but slowly worked his way into Fridays off altogether.

I'm not going to sit here and make excuses, that we get "more show" Mon-Thurs (we do though) and that "makes up" for it. I don't like that there is no Friday show, but don't dislike that fact enough to cancel my subscription.

NelsonMuntz
04-02-07, 10:39 PM
Yes, every Friday. Initially he worked a few, but slowly worked his way into Fridays off altogether.

I'm not going to sit here and make excuses, that we get "more show" Mon-Thurs (we do though) and that "makes up" for it. I don't like that there is no Friday show, but don't dislike that fact enough to cancel my subscription.
It is true though that the commercial are a fraction of what they were on terrestrial radio so we really do get a lot more of him from Monday - Thursday.

yankeesAZ
04-02-07, 11:14 PM
It is true though that the commercial are a fraction of what they were on terrestrial radio so we really do get a lot more of him from Monday - Thursday.

That's huge. He usually does anywhere from 60-80 minutes to start the show with no commercials. When there's a guest or bit going it runs until it is over, whether the guest spot or bit is 25 minutes or 60 minutes, then they do commercials.

SubwayFanatic
04-02-07, 11:33 PM
I know some people, especially the ones on Stern Fan Network, throw a fit over the vacations and the off-days on Friday, but I really don't get too upset about it.

Would I like Howard on the air more? Sure. However, between the show normally on four days a week, plus the replays, I more than get enough of Howard. Furthermore, I also like some of the other channels on Sirius, like Hard Attack.

I am very happy with my subscription.

Octoberbaby
04-02-07, 11:34 PM
That's huge. He usually does anywhere from 60-80 minutes to start the show with no commercials. When there's a guest or bit going it runs until it is over, whether the guest spot or bit is 25 minutes or 60 minutes, then they do commercials.

That sounds like he definitely is doing more work from Monday through Thursday.

AMYanks
04-02-07, 11:41 PM
I think he does work more at SIRIUS than at K-Rock.

He had I'd say close to 15 minutes of commercials per hour at K-Rock. At SIRIUS, it's about 5. Plus, he would go to 10:30 AM on average at K-Rock, and at SIRIUS he usually goes to around 11:15 AM.

I'd say he does 4 1/2 hours per day at SIRIUS, compared to approximately 3:15 at K-Rock.

3:15 for 5 days = 16:15 per week at K-Rock
4:30 for 4 days = 18:00 per week at SIRIUS

Yep. He DOES work more now than at K-Rock.

Octoberbaby
04-02-07, 11:43 PM

He had about 17 minutes of commercials per hour at K-Rock. At SIRIUS, it's about 5. Plus, he would go to 10:30 on average at K-Rock, and at SIRIUS he usually goes to around 11:15.

I'd say he does 4 1/2 hours per day at SIRIUS, compared to approximately 3:15 at K-Rock.

So the guy deserves a day off.

JDPNYY
04-02-07, 11:46 PM

He had I'd say close to 15 minutes of commercials per hour at K-Rock. At SIRIUS, it's about 5. Plus, he would go to 10:30 AM on average at K-Rock, and at SIRIUS he usually goes to around 11:15 AM.

Not to mention, that I have a 40-60 minute drive to work AND a 40-60 minute drive home. I get to listen on the way home as well. That is huge.

AMYanks
04-02-07, 11:49 PM
Not to mention all the other things we get, like an entire channel of other Stern-related programming on Howard 101 (Bubba, Farrell, Jackie, Riley, Super Fan Round Table, Intern Show, Chuck Zito, Andy Dick, etc.) And 24/7 replays, including Mastertape Theater and (hopefully more to come) Stern Spotlight.

All uncensored. It is definitely worth the subscription.

AMYanks
04-02-07, 11:52 PM
Not to mention, that I have a 40-60 minute drive to work AND a 40-60 minute drive home. I get to listen on the way home as well. That is huge.

Yep, that's huge. I remember years ago when I was in High School, I usually drove in during that 10-15 minute segment after his 6:40 break and before his 6:55 return. I'd catch maybe 1-2 minutes of the show. It was terrible.

Now, with the all day replay, I think I maybe MISS 1-2 minutes of the show a day.

yankeesAZ
04-02-07, 11:52 PM
Not to mention all the other things we get, like an entire channel of other Stern-related programming on Howard 101 (Bubba, Farrell, Jackie, Riley, Super Fan Round Table, Intern Show, Chuck Zito, Andy Dick, etc.) And 24/7 replays, including Mastertape Theater and (hopefully more to come) Stern Spotlight.

All uncensored. It is definitely worth the subscription.

I really enjoy Ferrall. He is nuts, but knows his sports. He was at opening day today.

tdel23
04-03-07, 10:39 AM
I know some people, especially the ones on Stern Fan Network, throw a fit over the vacations and the off-days on Friday, but I really don't get too upset about it.

Would I like Howard on the air more? Sure. However, between the show normally on four days a week, plus the replays, I more than get enough of Howard. Furthermore, I also like some of the other channels on Sirius, like Hard Attack.

I am very happy with my subscription.

great post, I feel the same way, sure I would love Howard to work on Fridays and take no vacation, but there are other channels to listen to which I enjoy.

tdel23
04-03-07, 10:40 AM

ugh I hated that on K-Rock, it seemed like he would be in commercials for my entire commute to work.

yankeesAZ
04-03-07, 10:48 AM
Yep, that's huge. I remember years ago when I was in High School, I usually drove in during that 10-15 minute segment after his 6:40 break and before his 6:55 return. I'd catch maybe 1-2 minutes of the show. It was terrible.

Now, with the all day replay, I think I maybe MISS 1-2 minutes of the show a day.

When I had a short commute like that, I remember times that I did not even hear 1 minute of the show because of the commercials.

I really like that when he does an interview it goes from beginning to end without interruptions.

Octoberbaby
04-03-07, 01:49 PM
ugh I hated that on K-Rock, it seemed like he would be in commercials for my entire commute to work.

I used to tape the show and listen to it later and I couldn't believe how long I had to FF to get past the commercials. If the tape was one hour on one side, about half of that was commercials. It has got to be better now. I am going to subscribe to SIRIUS soon.

effdamets
04-03-07, 01:53 PM
I used to tape the show and listen to it later and I couldn't believe how long I had to FF to get past the commercials. If the tape was one hour on one side, about half of that was commercials. It has got to be better now. I am going to subscribe to SIRIUS soon.
Satellite radio rocks. And if you like Howard in the morning, you are missing out. His show was made for satellite radio. There are no holds barred and he seems so free and easy about his delivery. It's truly a great show now.... (although he doesn't rag on Tom Chiasano anymore, which was always great comedy).

Octoberbaby
04-03-07, 02:07 PM
Satellite radio rocks. And if you like Howard in the morning, you are missing out. His show was made for satellite radio. There are no holds barred and he seems so free and easy about his delivery. It's truly a great show now.... (although he doesn't rag on Tom Chiasano anymore, which was always great comedy).

Yeah, he was great when he was ragging on Tom!

SubwayFanatic
04-03-07, 09:49 PM
I am going to subscribe to SIRIUS soon.

You have said this for a while now -- you are really missing out.

Let me set a deadline for you -- you will have Sirius by May 1, 2007. I will be checking up on you. ;)

Octoberbaby
04-03-07, 10:49 PM
You have said this for a while now -- you are really missing out.

Let me set a deadline for you -- you will have Sirius by May 1, 2007. I will be checking up on you. ;)

I know I have been saying it for awhile. The thing that is holding me back is that I won't have the time to listen to Howard. I was so hooked when I used to listen that it took a lot of time each day to keep up on the show. I am afraid I will get nothing done if I start listening to Howard again. He is like an addiction. But I do miss having a good laugh in the morning! So, maybe I will meet your deadline! :)

yankeesAZ
04-03-07, 10:54 PM
I know I have been saying it for awhile. The thing that is holding me back is that I won't have the time to listen to Howard. I was so hooked when I used to listen that it took a lot of time each day to keep up on the show. I am afraid I will get nothing done if I start listening to Howard again. He is like an addiction. But I do miss having a good laugh in the morning! So, maybe I will meet your deadline! :)

If you got the cash, they just dropped the price of the Stiletto $100. The S10 is $149 and $249 for the S100. I have the latter. The S100 has more room for recordings. I listen to Howard on my terms, FF through something I may not care to hear (like a recording of Richard Christie's bowel movements).

Octoberbaby
04-03-07, 11:01 PM
If you got the cash, they just dropped the price of the Stiletto $100. The S10 is $149 and $249 for the S100. I have the latter. The S100 has more room for recordings. I listen to Howard on my terms, FF through something I may not care to hear (like a recording of Richard Christie's bowel movements).

I was getting to that point just before he ended his other show. I started to FF the naked babes, sorry guys, but that doesn't interest me. And Richard Christie is a perv as far as I'm concerned. But when you FF you just never know what you are missing. :D

Thanks for the info on the Stiletto. I was wondering if there was a difference in the Stilettos. I have seen both advertised and wondered because I didn't know they had two versions. So the Stiletto S100 would cost $249, Hmmm, I have some credits at Best Buy, about $140 worth. It might be time for me to purchase one.

yankeesAZ
04-03-07, 11:18 PM
I was getting to that point just before he ended his other show. I started to FF the naked babes, sorry guys, but that doesn't interest me. And Richard Christie is a perv as far as I'm concerned. But when you FF you just never know what you are missing. :D

Thanks for the info on the Stiletto. I was wondering if there was a difference in the Stilettos. I have seen both advertised and wondered because I didn't know they had two versions. So the Stiletto S100 would cost $249, Hmmm, I have some credits at Best Buy, about $140 worth. It might be time for me to purchase one.

One of the main differences is the storage capacity. You can record 10 hours of show with the S10 and 100 hours with the S100.

With my S100, that leaves enough room to record and save about 3-4 weeks worth of Howard's show (5-6 hours each). You also get more Mp3 storage (about 1-1.5 GB-they say 2, but I find 1-1.5GB is more accurate).

However, you will need to home docking kit too with either unit, which ran me $70, but I think has come down from that (Best Buy is at $49).

If money is the main issue then the S10 is the way to go, but you get much more by getting the S100.

While I am normally against the extended warranties at all stores, it would be in your best interests if you get one of these units and protect your investment. They do come with a one-year warranty already.

Of course there are much cheaper units you can get without the recording features. They do repeat his show all day.

AMYanks
04-03-07, 11:36 PM
So Manqueer was on FOX News talking about how he is voting for Sanjaya thousands a times a night, saying that he thought it would be an interesting thing to do... to try and sabotage American Idol.

Hmm... I wonder where he got that idea from?

Octoberbaby
04-03-07, 11:42 PM
One of the main differences is the storage capacity. You can record 10 hours of show with the S10 and 100 hours with the S100.

With my S100, that leaves enough room to record and save about 3-4 weeks worth of Howard's show (5-6 hours each). You also get more Mp3 storage (about 1-1.5 GB-they say 2, but I find 1-1.5GB is more accurate).

However, you will need to home docking kit too with either unit, which ran me $70, but I think has come down from that (Best Buy is at $49).

If money is the main issue then the S10 is the way to go, but you get much more by getting the S100.

While I am normally against the extended warranties at all stores, it would be in your best interests if you get one of these units and protect your investment. They do come with a one-year warranty already.

Of course there are much cheaper units you can get without the recording features. They do repeat his show all day.

I don't think I will be able to put my MP3 files in the Stiletto because I have a Mac. Am I correct?

I would definitely prefer the S100 because the price difference is not that much.

ABCBaseball
04-03-07, 11:49 PM
So Manqueer was on FOX News talking about how he is voting for Sanjaya thousands a times a night, saying that he thought it would be an interesting thing to do... to try and sabotage American Idol.

Hmm... I wonder where he got that idea from?Hoo Hoo Robin their ripping me off. I invented www.votefortheworst.com...

Hoo Hoo and Mandouche are both lying.

NelsonMuntz
04-04-07, 12:02 AM

Hmm... I wonder where he got that idea from?
LOL, unbelievable. It's not like every entertainment news show hasn't been covering the story about Howard encouraging all of his listeners to do this for the past 2 - 3 weeks. What a douche.

NelsonMuntz
04-04-07, 12:28 AM
Hoo Hoo Robin their ripping me off. I invented www.votefortheworst.com (http://www.votefortheworst.com)...

Yeah I must have missed the part where Howard claimed to invent votefortheworst.com. Fortunately for me what I didn't miss was the episode of the Howard Stern Show where Howard had the creator of votefortheworst.com on his show. And Howard proceeded to give the votefortheworst.com creator full credit for starting the vote for Sanjaya movement. In turn, the votefortheworst.com guy gave Howard credit for taking the movement to a new level because of his influcence with his audience and his ability to attract media attention.

But keep doing your little hoo hoo routine. It's very amusing.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 01:01 AM
Hoo Hoo Robin their ripping me off. I invented www.votefortheworst.com (http://www.votefortheworst.com)...

What part is Howard lying about? The part where he said he wants to help votefortheworst.com in their quest to keep Sanjaya on the show?

Yeah, exactly.

But you and the rest of the O&A army keep it up. Maybe if you try hard enough, you'll make O&A half as relevant as Howard.

yankeesAZ
04-04-07, 01:15 AM
I don't think I will be able to put my MP3 files in the Stiletto because I have a Mac. Am I correct?

I would definitely prefer the S100 because the price difference is not that much.

Don't know much about Mac issues.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 01:38 AM
What part is Howard lying about? The part where he said he wants to help votefortheworst.com in their quest to keep Sanjaya on the show?

Yeah, exactly.

But you and the rest of the O&A army keep it up. Maybe if you try hard enough, you'll make O&A half as relevant as Howard.O and A have about 5x as many listeners as Howie so I don't know how you can say they are less relevant then him except that maybe you believe everything he's saying. He has nowhere near enough listeners to be making the impact on American Idol that he claims. He's just trying to get his name in the news but it's not working. It's just another example of Howard lying and his fans believing it for some reason...

Oh and O&A fans are the Pests not the Army.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 01:48 AM
And for anyone saying that Stern is somehow more relevant then O and A are (despite their massively bigger audience,) I suggest they look at the recent guest lists.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 02:39 AM
O and A have about 5x as many listeners as Howie so I don't know how you can say they are less relevant then him except that maybe you believe everything he's saying. He has nowhere near enough listeners to be making the impact on American Idol that he claims. He's just trying to get his name in the news but it's not working. It's just another example of Howard lying and his fans believing it for some reason...

Oh and O&A fans are the Pests not the Army.

So basically you're saying O&A have 25 million listeners a week? That would give them about 5 million more listeners on average than Rush Limbaugh. :lol: !!!

I always knew O&A fans were delusional, but come on. Their share in NYC has gone down every ratings book. They had a 1.6 share, which basically means if you opened up your window, stuck your head out in the middle of the night, and started talking, the same number of people would hear you. :lol:

I think the only people here who are delusional are O&A fans. Every O&A fan says "yeah, you just listen to and believe everything that Howie says"... yet O&A are the ones that claim Howard says he invented everything, and O&A fans say the same exact thing... so I think we have it backwards, here.

And Pests, Army, whatever. The fact that fans of a radio show call themselves anything is pretty pathetic.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 02:45 AM
And for anyone saying that Stern is somehow more relevant then O and A are (despite their massively bigger audience,) I suggest they look at the recent guest lists.

I don't know the guests that O&A have had, but Stern has the same guests now that he did on terrestrial.

And please, let's not use "massively bigger audience". That 1.6 share in NYC is beyond pathetic.

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 02:46 AM
Why don't O&A Pests start their own thread and leave this one alone. Last time I looked it was the Howard Stern Thread. :P

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:00 AM
So basically you're saying O&A have 25 million listeners a week? I always knew O&A fans were delusional, but come on. Their share in NYC has gone down every ratings book. They had a 1.6 share, which basically means if you opened up your window, stuck your head out in the middle of the night, and started talking, the same number of people would hear you. :lol:

I think the only people here who are delusional are O&A fans. Every O&A fan says "yeah, you just listen to and believe everything that Howie says"... yet O&A are the ones that claim Howard says he invented everything, and O&A fans say the same exact thing... so I think we have it backwards, here.

And Pests, Army, whatever. The fact that fans of a radio show call themselves anything is pretty pathetic.First of all I listened to Stern before i ever heard O&A and i know first hand how he claims to invent everything and how he blatently lies to his audience.

There is no way Stern has 3 million listiners. Sirius has 5 million subs TOTAL so you're saying that 60% of the people who have Sirius listen to stern? No chance. He talks to closer to 800k-900k every day. O and A on the other had are on in most of the big markets in the country and they are one of the highest rated shows on XM (which still has more subs.) So they have more listiners by a pretty big margian.

I just went over to the marks friggin site that lists all the guests stern has and looked and the last 2 weeks he's been on the air. (obviously he's off this week taking one of his 200 offdays during the year.) The guest he has are BEYOND laughable. Here are some of the gems he's had in the last 2 weeks on the air:

Former Hollywood Madam Jody 'Babydol' Gibson (WHO?)
Robin Leach
Bill Keller
Randy Spelling And Sean Stewart
Dana Reeve's Sister Deborah
Gene Simmons
Angie Everhart
Comedian Ant

Compar that to the guese that O and A have had the past 2 weeks
Gene Simmons
Quintin Tarantino
Robert Rodriguez (The director of Sin City)
Kurt Russell
Freddy Rodriguez
Jeff Goldbloom
The entire band Black Sabbath

The difference is pretty clear. Years ago those people went on stern, now they go on O and A.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:05 AM
I don't know the guests that O&A have had, but Stern has the same guests now that he did on terrestrial.

And please, let's not use "massively bigger audience". That 1.6 share in NYC is beyond pathetic.No. The point is the guests that used to do stern do o and a now because they have a bigger audience.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:05 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/talkradio/detail.cfm?id=15

O&A: 1.5 million listeners per week

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/how-many-listeners-does-howard-stern-have.html

Stern: 5 million listeners per week (as of 6 months and nearly 2 million subscriptions ago)

Terrestrial radio doesn't = more ratings, sorry to say.

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 03:06 AM
First of all I listened to Stern before i ever heard O&A and i know first hand how he claims to invent everything and how he blatently lies to his audience.

There is no way Stern has 3 million listiners. Sirius has 5 million subs TOTAL so you're saying that 60% of the people who have Sirius listen to stern? No chance. He talks to closer to 800k-900k every day. O and A on the other had are on in most of the big markets in the country and they are one of the highest rated shows on XM (which still has more subs.) So they have more listiners by a pretty big margian.

I just went over to the marks friggin site that lists all the guests stern has and looked and the last 2 weeks he's been on the air. (obviously he's off this week taking one of his 200 offdays during the year.) The guest he has are BEYOND laughable. Here are some of the gems he's had in the last 2 weeks on the air:

Robin Leach
Bill Keller
Gene Simmons
Angie Everhart
Comedian Ant

Gene Simmons
Quintin Tarantino
Kurt Russell
Freddy Rodriguez
Jeff Goldbloom

The difference is pretty clear. Years ago those people went on stern, now they go on O and A.

I guess you didn't read my post. :D

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:09 AM
First of all I listened to Stern before i ever heard O&A and i know first hand how he claims to invent everything and how he blatently lies to his audience.

Robin Leach
Bill Keller
Gene Simmons
Angie Everhart
Comedian Ant

Gene Simmons
Quintin Tarantino
Kurt Russell
Freddy Rodriguez
Jeff Goldbloom

I know O&A fans love to think Stern has this miniscule audience, but it's just not the case. His audience is bigger than theirs, and it drives O&A fans NUTS. :lol:

So they get better guests, I guess. Personally, having been a long time listener of the show, I'd rather hear from Robin Leach (a long time guest of the show) and Angie Everhart (Howard's girlfriend before Beth) than directors and actors in a movie I have no interest in seeing.

And since I was always more of a Beatles fan than a Sabbath fan, I'll take the Fab Faux performing 4 Beatles songs live in studio. ;)

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:10 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/talkradio/detail.cfm?id=15

O&A: 1.5 million listeners per week

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/how-many-listeners-does-howard-stern-have.html

Stern: 5 million listeners per week (as of 6 months and nearly 2 million subscriptions ago)

Terrestrial radio doesn't = more ratings, sorry to say.Look at that unbiased source "Scott Greenstein, president-entertainment and sports at Sirius," LOL

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:13 AM
I know O&A fans love to think Stern has this miniscule audience, but it's just not the case. His audience is bigger than theirs, and it drives O&A fans NUTS. :lol:

So they get better guests, I guess. Personally, having been a long time listener of the show, I'd rather hear from Robin Leach (a long time guest of the show) and Angie Everhart (Howard's girlfriend before Beth) than directors and actors in a movie I have no interest in seeing.

And since I was always more of a Beatles fan than a Sabbath fan, I'll take the Fab Faux performing 4 Beatles songs live in studio. ;)I honestly don't care but there is no chance that Stern has more listiners. His claims that 58% of sirius subs listen to him is completely insane and typical of him. Just like when he said that sirius was growing faster then cell phones.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:15 AM

And since I was always more of a Beatles fan than a Sabbath fan, I'll take the Fab Faux performing 4 Beatles songs live in studio. ;)So you have no interest in A list actors or one of the best directiors of all time? I can assure you that if stern had that quality of guests you would be singing a different tune.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:16 AM
I honestly don't care but there is no chance that Stern has more listiners. His claims that 58% of sirius subs listen to him is completely insane and typical of him. Just like when he said that sirius was growing faster then cell phones.

600,000 subscribers in 5 years without Stern
6.5 million subscribers in 2 1/2 years with Stern

Yeah, only a million of them decided to get SIRIUS for Stern. SIRIUS subscriptions otherwise rose about 900% in half the time because of, what, better marketing? :lol:

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:17 AM
So you have no interest in A list actors or one of the best directiors of all time? I can assure you that if stern had that quality of guests you would be singing a different tune.

If they were on, I wouldn't turn them off. But having been listening to Stern for over 15 years, I value guests who have a history with the show or people on the show more than people who are coming in just to plug their latest project.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:18 AM
Look at that unbiased source "Scott Greenstein, president-entertainment and sports at Sirius," LOL

Right, and the third-party company that did the study lied because SIRIUS was paying them under the table money. Is that the excuse you'll be going with? :lol:

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:21 AM

Yeah, only a million of them decided to get SIRIUS for Stern. SIRIUS subscriptions otherwise rose about 900% in half the time because of, what, better marketing? :lol:If you take a look at the chart of both XM and Sirius you will see that BOTH companys' had sub increases at the same times and of pretty much the same amounts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:XM_and_Sirius_subscribers.png

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:21 AM
Right, and the third-party company that did the study lied because SIRIUS was paying them under the table money. Is that the excuse you'll be going with? :lol:A mystery 3rd party and a sirius exec are HARDLY reliabale scources.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:30 AM
If you take a look at the chart of both XM and Sirius you will see that BOTH companys' had sub increases at the same times and of pretty much the same amounts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:XM_and_Sirius_subscribers.png

XM has held the same steady pace since satellite became known. It picked up when Stern's signing was announced and satellite was out in the public more. SIRIUS jumped dramatically from the time Howard announced to right before he started, and then another huge jump from the time he started up until this point.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:49 AM

Station - rank
WFNY in NY - T22nd
WCKG in Chicago - 26th
KIFR in San Francisco - T32nd
KLLI in Dallas - T22nd
WYSP in Philadelphia - 18th
WJFK in D.C. - 16th
WKRK in Detroit - 20th
WBCN in Boston - T14th
WTZN in Pittsburgh - So low it's not even listed
WXRK in Cleveland - 13th
KXTE in Las Vegas - T15th
WSKO in Rhode Island - So low it's not even listed
WPBZ in Boca Raton - T18th

Those are the top 50 markets they are on that Stern was on. Stern brought each station into the top 10, and a lot of them (specifically east coast) were top 5.

Basically, they don't have many listeners at all for a terrestrial morning show. Imus is beating them. IMUS!!! Stern has more listeners now on SIRIUS, and if not, they're basically even.

But listen, no matter what is said, you'll say that Stern has less than a million listeners, so I guess there's no point in going back and forth.

RhodeyYankee2638
04-04-07, 08:10 AM
what the frig is WSKO

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 08:34 AM
XM has held the same steady pace since satellite became known. It picked up when Stern's signing was announced and satellite was out in the public more. SIRIUS jumped dramatically from the time Howard announced to right before he started, and then another huge jump from the time he started up until this point.That chart doesn't show that. It shows 2 companys whose fates are linked.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 08:36 AM
Station - rank
WFNY in NY - T22nd
WCKG in Chicago - 26th
KLLI in Dallas - T22nd
WJFK in D.C. - 16th
WKRK in Detroit - 20th
WBCN in Boston - T14th
WXRK in Cleveland - 13th

Those are the top 50 markets they are on that Stern was on. Stern brought each station into the top 10, and a lot of them (specifically east coast) were top 5.

Basically, they don't have many listeners at all for a terrestrial morning show. Imus is beating them. IMUS!!! Stern has more listeners now on SIRIUS, and if not, they're basically even.

But listen, no matter what is said, you'll say that Stern has less than a million listeners, so I guess there's no point in going back and forth.If that were really true then WHY are all the best guests staying far away from stern and going on o and a?

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 08:42 AM

But listen, no matter what is said, you'll say that Stern has less than a million listeners, so I guess there's no point in going back and forth.

Common sense dictates that Stern has lost listeners. When he was on top of his game and #1 in all the major markets he had about 18 million. Sirius only has 6 million subs and even if 80% of them listen to Howard everyday that's still only 4.8 million.

Are O&A doing as well as he did on FM? Not at all, but I think part of that is because alot of people listen through their XM receiver, not their FM radio. That's how I listen everyday so I'm not counted towards their FM ratings.

Regardless, in this day and age, since satellite is growing so much, nobody will ever pull Howard's ratings ever again.

I respect Howard, but he's way past his prime IMO. O&A put on a funny show everyday and still have the drive to better their careers rather then rest on their reputation (and contract).

NelsonMuntz
04-04-07, 09:50 AM
Why don't O&A Pests start their own thread and leave this one alone. Last time I looked it was the Howard Stern Thread. :P
It doesn't matter what Web site/Message Board you are on. If you mention Howard's name, some O&A fan will feel compelled to chime in with a comment. You could be on a Save Darfur Web site and mention that Howard contributed to the “Save Darfur” fund and invariably an O&A fan will show up with “hoo hoo I invented charity”. It’s really sad and pathetic. Frankly I don't have anything against O&A. I really don't ever think about them.

SubwayFanatic
04-04-07, 10:13 AM
Station - rank
WFNY in NY - T22nd
WCKG in Chicago - 26th
KLLI in Dallas - T22nd
WJFK in D.C. - 16th
WKRK in Detroit - 20th
WBCN in Boston - T14th
WXRK in Cleveland - 13th

Wow, those are some excellent ratings for what O&A fans believe is the hottest and best show in the country.

They can claim Stern is washed up all they want, but he would kill them in the ratings if he went back to terrestrial radio tomorrow.

Does anyone want to debate that?

tdel23
04-04-07, 10:20 AM
Jeez why does this have to turn into O&A are better then Howard and have more listeners, if you love them so much start a thread on them, not in the irrelevant Howard Stern thread that no one cares about, yet O&A fans keep bringing him up.

tdel23
04-04-07, 10:22 AM
Common sense dictates that Stern has lost listeners. When he was on top of his game and #1 in all the major markets he had about 18 million. Sirius only has 6 million subs and even if 80% of them listen to Howard everyday that's still only 4.8 million.

Are O&A doing as well as he did on FM? Not at all, but I think part of that is because alot of people listen through their XM receiver, not their FM radio. That's how I listen everyday so I'm not counted towards their FM ratings.

Regardless, in this day and age, since satellite is growing so much, nobody will ever pull Howard's ratings ever again.

I respect Howard, but he's way past his prime IMO. O&A put on a funny show everyday and still have the drive to better their careers rather then rest on their reputation (and contract).

isn't Howard only 2-3 years older then one of them? and Howard is past his prime??

SubwayFanatic
04-04-07, 10:28 AM
Jeez why does this have to turn into O&A are better then Howard and have more listeners, if you love them so much start a thread on them, not in the irrelevant Howard Stern thread that no one cares about, yet O&A fans keep bringing him up.

I think the three O&A fans on the board should maybe start their own thread.

SubwayFanatic
04-04-07, 10:29 AM
isn't Howard only 2-3 years older then one of them? and Howard is past his prime??

Not two or three years older, but they are both in their 40s.

Of course, their fans will still pretend like they are these young bucks who just burst on the scene.

tdel23
04-04-07, 10:32 AM
Not two or three years older, but they are both in their 40s.

Of course, their fans will still pretend like they are these young bucks who just burst on the scene.

gotcha, thanks.

tdel23
04-04-07, 10:56 AM

And since I was always more of a Beatles fan than a Sabbath fan, I'll take the Fab Faux performing 4 Beatles songs live in studio. ;)

wasn't Chris Rock on Howard recently? He is pretty A list.

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 10:59 AM

Past his prime career wise. He's been around 20 years so he's peaked. O&A have only had a show since 96ish.

YankeePride1967
04-04-07, 11:00 AM

Yeah, only a million of them decided to get SIRIUS for Stern. SIRIUS subscriptions otherwise rose about 900% in half the time because of, what, better marketing? :lol:

One correction. When the Stern to Sirius move was announced, Sirius had 2 million subscibers. A jump of 4 million is still a large amount of an increase.

KLJ
04-04-07, 11:09 AM
I respect Howard, but he's way past his prime IMO.
i've been a stern fan for more years than i can remember and his show is at it's best right now.. since his move to sirius, his show has gone to a new level

tdel23
04-04-07, 11:13 AM
i've been a stern fan for more years than i can remember and his show is at it's best right now.. since his move to sirius, his show has gone to a new level

I agree, i've been listening to him since about 1995 and love his show more now then I did when he was on K-Rock...to each their own.

NelsonMuntz
04-04-07, 11:47 AM
wasn't Chris Rock on Howard recently? He is pretty A list.
Yep. So were P-Diddy, Donald Trump, David Arquette, Simon Cowell, etc.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 11:52 AM
I agree, i've been listening to him since about 1995 and love his show more now then I did when he was on K-Rock...to each their own.When you realize that howard is only in it for the money and that about 80% he tells you as a fan is a lie it becomes harder to enjoy it. That + every friday and about 16 weeks off too.

SubwayFanatic
04-04-07, 11:54 AM
When you realize that howard is only in it for the money.

Ahh, yes, I am sure O&A don't even collect a salary because they are only in it for the love of radio.

tdel23
04-04-07, 11:55 AM
When you realize that howard is only in it for the money and that about 80% he tells you as a fan is a lie it becomes harder to enjoy it. That + every friday and about 16 weeks off too.

well you can say whatever you want it's not going to change my mind on how I enjoy listening to him...and how is he only it it for the money? When was the last time you listened to the show? and again with the vacation time, it's been discussed a million times in this thread so i'm not going to even go into it.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 11:56 AM
Ahh, yes, I am sure O&A don't even collect a salary because they are only in it for the love of radio.Of course they make money but they are still hungry to put on a great radio show unlike howard.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 11:58 AM
When you realize that howard is only in it for the money and that about 80% he tells you as a fan is a lie it becomes harder to enjoy it. That + every friday and about 16 weeks off too.

You sound pathetic in your attempts to downplay him.

tdel23
04-04-07, 11:59 AM
Of course they make money but they are still hungry to put on a great radio show unlike howard.

so you have Sirius and listen to the show?

SubwayFanatic
04-04-07, 11:59 AM
Of course they make money but they are still hungry to put on a great radio show unlike howard.

When was the last time you heard Howard's show? Or do you just repeat what O&A and the pests say?

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 12:04 PM
When was the last time you heard Howard's show? Or do you just repeat what O&A and the pests say?I've heard stern on sirius a good number of times in the past few months.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 12:06 PM
I've heard stern on sirius a good number of times in the past few months.

I'd love to hear some things that have been on O&A lately that are much better than what Howard is putting out. Can you list a few?

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 12:13 PM
I'd love to hear some things that have been on O&A lately that are much better than what Howard is putting out. Can you list a few?I'm not just gonna list their bits. Give the show a listen with an open mind and you might be supprised.

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 12:17 PM
When was the last time you heard Howard's show? Or do you just repeat what O&A and the pests say?

My finace has Sirius and we listen to him. He's still is in the "let me be uber-vulgar just because I can" mode alot and that is annoying. I like hearing his views on issues, but as soon as Robin opens her mouth to add NOTHING it annoys me. She's horrible and drags the entire show down. 20 years of "yes Howard". So annoying.

tdel23
04-04-07, 12:22 PM
My finace has Sirius and we listen to him. He's still is in the "let me be uber-vulgar just because I can" mode alot and that is annoying. I like hearing his views on issues, but as soon as Robin opens her mouth to add NOTHING it annoys me. She's horrible and drags the entire show down. 20 years of "yes Howard". So annoying.

I agree with you about Robin, I can't stand her.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 12:31 PM
I agree with you about Robin, I can't stand her.O and A don't have a hole.

yankeesAZ
04-04-07, 12:34 PM

Howard's vulgar on Sirius? No way!

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 12:38 PM
Howard's vulgar on Sirius? No way!

I just get the feeling he's going over the top just because he can.

Plus strippers make for horrible radio interviews.

KLJ
04-04-07, 12:45 PM
i used to listen to o&a on directtv all the time.. they put on an entertaining show but i never got into it as much as stern.. i won't put o&a down just because i am a stern fan.. i just never got into them..

yankeesAZ
04-04-07, 12:56 PM
I just get the feeling he's going over the top just because he can.

Plus strippers make for horrible radio interviews.

Strippers are not the only guests that come on his show, but they have been a part of his show for years and will continue.

He's on Sirius, so of course he can go over the top. His audience wants and demands that. We're paying to hear Howard raw and uncensored.

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 01:03 PM

I think it bears repeating! :D

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 01:05 PM
Strippers are not the only guests that come on his show, but they have been a part of his show for years and will continue.

He's on Sirius, so of course he can go over the top. His audience wants and demands that. We're paying to hear Howard raw and uncensored.Or many he's just trying to justify that PPV TV channel that about 8 people have....

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 01:06 PM
It doesn't matter what Web site/Message Board you are on. If you mention Howard's name, some O&A fan will feel compelled to chime in with a comment. You could be on a Save Darfur Web site and mention that Howard contributed to the “Save Darfur” fund and invariably an O&A fan will show up with “hoo hoo I invented charity”. It’s really sad and pathetic. Frankly I don't have anything against O&A. I really don't ever think about them.

You are so right. It is downright sad. They don't have anything to talk about unless they are bashing Howard. Howard's fans don't even think about O&A but the O&A fans, all they think about is Howard. Pathetic!

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 01:09 PM
I think the three O&A fans on the board should maybe start their own thread.

Let's get a petition going. ;)

RhodyYanksFan
You are so right. It is downright sad. They don't have anything to talk about unless they are bashing Howard. Howard's fans don't even think about O&A but the O&A fans, all they think about is Howard. Pathetic!

Ahem...visit www.wackbag.com and you'll see hundreds of O&A threads and maybe 5-6 ones about Howard.

ABCBaseball
You are so right. It is downright sad. They don't have anything to talk about unless they are bashing Howard. Howard's fans don't even think about O&A but the O&A fans, all they think about is Howard. Pathetic!That couldn't be farther from the truth. If they talk about howie for 20 mins a week out of 20 hours of radio (thats FIVE DAYS) thats a lot.

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 01:10 PM
I agree with you about Robin, I can't stand her.

The best part about loving Stern's show is hating Robin. :D

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 01:11 PM
That couldn't be farther from the truth. If they talk about howie for 20 mins a week out of 20 hours of radio (thats FIVE DAYS) thats a lot.

I am talking about the fans, not O&A! And I am talking about on this board. Start your own thread, already!

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 01:14 PM
I am talking about the fans, not O&A! And I am talking about on this board. Start your own thread, already!
Post all things Howard here even if you hate him,.....

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 01:32 PM
It's really funny how you guys feel you have to spend your time insulting Howard and the show. We get it, you don't think he's funny, you think he's old and he's not as good as shows you like. Ok, that's it, you're done! Those of us who like him (the tens of millions) will continue to listen and enjoy it. I don't like Mel Gibson, does that mean I should interrupt every conversation someone has about him with how he's old and done and boring? Enough already, O&A don't give a ................ about you, don't feel like you have to defend and justify them to your death.

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 01:33 PM

I guess I am beginning to sound like a broken record.

KLJ
04-04-07, 01:49 PM
That couldn't be farther from the truth. If they talk about howie for 20 mins a week out of 20 hours of radio (thats FIVE DAYS) thats a lot.
that is simply not true.. i remember they had over an hour segment on the pests bothering stern on a letterman appearance..

AMYanks
04-04-07, 02:08 PM
that is simply not true.. i remember they had over an hour segment on the pests bothering stern on a letterman appearance..

I remember the day after their Letterman appearence (which they thought went well, even though no one laughed until Letterman helped them out by bringing up Stern), and all they could talk about was how excited they were that they were going to go back on in December or January.

December and January came and past... did I miss something? :lol:

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 02:09 PM
December and January came and past... did I miss something? :lol:

They did Leno instead.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 02:10 PM
If that were really true then WHY are all the best guests staying far away from stern and going on o and a?

Stern never got great, A-list guests anyway. In 20 years he got Paul McCartney and Julia Roberts... other than that, what you define as "best guests" is pretty much opinion.

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 02:11 PM
Stern never got great, A-list guests anyway. In 20 years he got Paul McCartney and Julia Roberts... other than that, what you define as "best guests" is pretty much opinion.

Paul McCartney is 100x bigger then Julia Roberts.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 02:11 PM
They did Leno instead.

So they actually had to decide to only do one of the two?

Wow.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 02:12 PM
Paul McCartney is 100x bigger then Julia Roberts.

Exactly, if Julia Roberts is one of the biggest guests he ever got on terrestrial radio, that tells you all you need to know about his terrestrial guests.

They're the same level of celebrity as his SIRIUS guests.

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 02:12 PM
So they actually had to decide to only do one of the two?

Wow.

Well one's in NY and the other's in LA so yes.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 02:16 PM

Who would you call an A-list guest?

AMYanks
Well one's in NY and the other's in LA so yes.

Don't they do their show in NY? They couldn't do Letterman, and then the next week go to LA and do Leno? Come on.

If they did really choose one over the other instead of both, that says a lot about their dedication to make their product grow.

Octoberbaby
The genius of Stern is not in who he interviews, it is in how he interviews them. ;)

AMYanks
04-04-07, 02:19 PM
Who would you call an A-list guest?

I don't know, it all depends. He's never gotten them, anyway, save for a handful in 20 years on terrestrial. People that he's had on on SIRIUS, like Donald Trump, Chris Rock, Martha Stewart, Robert Duvall, etc. are the same level of celebs he had on terrestrial.

tdel23
04-04-07, 02:21 PM
The best part about loving Stern's show is hating Robin. :D

I can't get enough of robinswrong.com

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 02:23 PM
I can't get enough of robinswrong.com

I gotta check that out. One of my pet peeves for years has been how often she is wrong about something and how much she thinks she is never wrong.

RhodyYanksFan
04-04-07, 02:24 PM
The genius of Stern is not in who he interviews, it is in how he interviews them. ;)

Do you like anal? Real deep questions (no pun intended). ;)

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:13 PM
Do you like anal? Real deep questions (no pun intended). ;)Exactly. His interviews are HORRENDOUS.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:15 PM
that is simply not true.. i remember they had over an hour segment on the pests bothering stern on a letterman appearance..That is a one time rare thing that was in responce to somthing in the news and it was halarious. On a normal week they don't even mention hoo hoo.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
Exactly. His interviews are HORRENDOUS.

Just proving that you've obviously never really listened to him..

Octoberbaby
Exactly. His interviews are HORRENDOUS.

You just can't stay out of this thread, even though you now have your own, can you?

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:20 PM
You just can't stay out of this thread, even though you now have your own, can you?I'm expressing my opinion about your hero. Sorry if you don't like it.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:21 PM
Just proving that you've obviously never really listened to him..I listined to him for YEARS. Hearing a 53 year old guy ask some porn star when she lost her virginity or if she likes anal OVER AND OVER again isn't good interviewing. It's cringeworthy.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:21 PM
Man, ABCBaseball really has a Stern obsession. :lol:

tdel23
04-04-07, 03:23 PM

but he is so irrelevant and outdated though...

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 03:25 PM

Yah think???? Can't seem to stay out of here when his heros, O&A, now have their own thread.

tdel23
04-04-07, 03:32 PM
funny how the O&A thread isn't even discussing their edgy, groundbeaking show :)

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 03:33 PM
Should rename himself O&ABCBaseball.

tdel23
04-04-07, 03:35 PM
Howard Stern is a weenie. He talks and says the same crap, he's decent when discussing global issues and gives his insight into things and when he actually gives interviews, then he's like "Whoa, dose are some nice boobs." and it's retarded. O-Rock 105.9 will be better off without him.

just curious how are the ratings on O-Rock 105.9 doing now?

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:39 PM
Yah think???? Can't seem to stay out of here when his heros, O&A, now have their own thread.There arn't many O and A fans on this site so it's more fun to bother you zombies.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:42 PM
just curious how are the ratings on O-Rock 105.9 doing now?

17th out of 21 stations. :lol:

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=17969

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:43 PM
There arn't many O and A fans

NOW you get it. :lol:

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:45 PM
NOW you get it. :lol:good you're learning from howie to take things out of context to mean anything. one unrelated site means nothing.

tdel23
04-04-07, 03:45 PM
17th out of 21 stations. :lol:

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=17969

LOL, wow thanks!

tdel23
04-04-07, 03:46 PM
good you're learning from howie to take things out of context to mean anything. one unrelated site means nothing.

their FM ratings would disagree with you

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:48 PM
good you're learning from howie to take things out of context to mean anything. one unrelated site means nothing.

Hey, if you're going to be nothing but a troll in this thread when you have your own thread, then don't get pissed off when you're not treated with respect.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:48 PM
their FM ratings would disagree with youeven with their mediocre ratings they have many more listeners then hoo hoo does.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:49 PM
Hey, if you're going to be nothing but a troll in this thread when you have your own thread, then don't get pissed off when you're not treated with respect.I don't need your respect. I just pointed out what you were doing. (being untruthful just like your hero.)

tdel23
04-04-07, 03:52 PM
even with their mediocre ratings they have many more listeners then hoo hoo does.

medicore is being generous isn't it???? If Howard EVER did those kind of ratings when he was on radio he would get killed, but I guess no one really cares what kind of ratings O&A get...and duh they should have more listeners when they are on free radio, no? If Howard went back on to free radio he would have way more listeners, just like before he left.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 03:53 PM
I don't need your respect. I just pointed out what you were doing. (being untruthful just like your hero.)

Why does liking Howard Stern make you claim he's peoples hero? Is that some sort of "inside" word that Norton uses or something?

AMYanks
04-04-07, 03:55 PM
medicore is being generous isn't it???? If Howard EVER did those kind of ratings when he was on radio he would get killed, but I guess no one really cares what kind of ratings O&A get...and duh they should have more listeners when they are on free radio, no? If Howard went back on to free radio he would have way more listeners, just like before he left.

You're better off just not paying attention to him. He's just here to troll.

Guys like Rhody and GoRocket actually have something of substance to say, this guy just makes things up, like O&A having 5 times the listeners Stern has (which would make them by far the most listened to radio show in America), and that Stern has less than 1 million listeners.

He's one of those O&A fans that can't deal with the fact that Stern is still bigger than they are, and that he'll always be bigger than they are.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:56 PM
Why does liking Howard Stern make you claim he's peoples hero? Is that some sort of "inside" word that Norton uses or something?No. It's just the fact that stern's fans seem to believe all the lies he tells. Anyone you show that kind of devotion to must be your hero...

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 03:56 PM
I don't need your respect. I just pointed out what you were doing. (being untruthful just like your hero.)

It was you who pointed out that your heros don't seem to have many fans on this site, which has quite a few members. I wonder why? Oh, could it be that they don't have that many fans, period?

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 03:57 PM
It was you who pointed out that your heros don't seem to have many fans on this site, which has quite a few members. I wonder why? Oh, could it be that they don't have that many fans, period?I've seen about 6 stern fans on this site who have the majority of posts in this thread. WOW what a huge following.

tdel23
04-04-07, 03:59 PM
You're better off just not paying attention to him. He's just here to troll.

Guys like Rhody and GoRocket actually have something of substance to say, this guy just makes things up, like O&A having 5 times the listeners Stern has (which would make them by far the most listened to radio show in America), and that Stern has less than 1 million listeners.

He's one of those O&A fans that can't deal with the fact that Stern is still bigger than they are, and that he'll always be bigger than they are.

yup you are right

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 04:00 PM
I've seen about 6 stern fans on this site who have the majority of posts in this thread. WOW what a huge following.

In your words, there are not that many O&A fans on this site. At least we can keep a thread going without trolling on the thread of a person we proclaim to hate.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:01 PM
Getting back to the real issue which is Hoo Hoo lying about the impact he's having on American Idol...

Here's an article from TVGuide

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Interviews-Features/Article/default.aspx?posting={914207CD-77A5-4FD7-BD2F-40A9890FFA58}

... the impact of campaigns by Howard Stern and one dubious website to keep Sanjaya undeservedly in the mix:
"It's very minimal, to be truthful. There is very little hype anybody can do that would affect the vast number of votes that we get. Even if every single person who listened to Howard Stern voted, the gap above and below Sanjaya is so big that it swallows that up and it doesn't affect the outcome at all."

AMYanks
04-04-07, 04:02 PM
Getting back to the real issue which is Hoo Hoo lying about the impact he's having on American Idol...

We've already mentioned in this thread that he isn't claiming to have a major impact on Idol, he said he just wants to help votefortheworst.com.

Nice try, though.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:03 PM
We've already mentioned in this thread that he isn't claiming to have a major impact on Idol, he said he just wants to help votefortheworst.com.

Nice try, though.un true. I heard his show a few days ago and he was going on and on about how HE and he alone was the reason that sanajya was still on the show.

tdel23
04-04-07, 04:04 PM

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Interviews-Features/Article/default.aspx?posting={914207CD-77A5-4FD7-BD2F-40A9890FFA58}

Kind of Shocking that an excutive from American Idol would downplay Howard's impact...quite frankly i'm shocked.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 04:05 PM

... the impact of campaigns by Howard Stern and one dubious website to keep Sanjaya undeservedly in the mix:
"It's very minimal, to be truthful. There is very little hype anybody can do that would affect the vast number of votes that we get. Even if every single person who listened to Howard Stern voted, the gap above and below Sanjaya is so big that it swallows that up and it doesn't affect the outcome at all."

Even though I think the vote for Sanjaya thing is stupid, that article in 100% incorrect. Again, you with math.

If stern has 4 million listeners and the website draws 2 million people. If half of them vote two times each, that's 6 million votes. Each week they get 30 million votes. You go ahead and tell me that 1/5th of the vote doesn't make an impact.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
un true. I heard his show a few days ago and he was going on and on about how HE and he alone was the reason that sanajya was still on the show.

Go to dictionary.com and look up sarcasm.

ABCBaseball
This from marksfriggin. Thats not claiming credit?

Howard said it's great that they're all ruining that show. He said it should be really good when they send home all of the good singers.

Artie said he has to call his mother and ask her what she thinks of Howard's movement to keep this kid in the show

AMYanks
04-04-07, 04:06 PM
un true. I heard his show a few days ago and he was going on and on about how HE and he alone was the reason that sanajya was still on the show.

He was going on and on about how he is HELPING keep Sanjaya stay on the show.

I know O&A fans like to think Howard says he is solely responsible for everything, but it's just not the case.

tdel23
04-04-07, 04:06 PM

first why do you listen to him if you don't like him? You have Sirius, why? And Howard has NEVER said he is the reason why Sanjaya is on show, he credits votetheworst.com all the time...and i think it's more of a joke to tweak with Eric the Midget more then anything

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:07 PM
Even though I think the vote for Sanjaya thing is stupid, that article in 100% incorrect. Again, you with math.

If stern has 4 million listeners and the website draws 2 million people. If half of them vote two times each, that's 6 million votes. Each week they get 30 million votes. You go ahead and tell me that 1/5th of the vote doesn't make an impact.him having 4 million listeners is true howie math (because remember every sirius sub listens to him every day right?) It's nowhere near that. and of that smaller number a MUCH smaller number would actually take the time to vote.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 04:08 PM

Yeah, it's great that Howard, votefortheworst.com, and others are helping to ruin the show.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

YankeePride1967
04-04-07, 04:08 PM
Let's get a petition going. ;)

I can't say I listen to O&A as I haven't listened to them in months but I used to listen a lot. Now that baseball is on, I concentrate on XM's Home Plate (Baseball talk). I cannot understand the nonsense with the fans. What Stern does on his show doesn't concern me.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 04:09 PM
him having 4 million listeners is true howie math (because remember every sirius sub listens to him every day right?) It's nowhere near that. and of that smaller number a MUCH smaller number would actually take the time to vote.

Ok, say he has 2 million listeners. If 25% of them vote 4 times, that's still 2 million votes.

Point is, the American Idol exec is trying to play it down, while they are having a huge influence on the show.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 04:09 PM
him having 4 million listeners is true howie math (because remember every sirius sub listens to him every day right?) It's nowhere near that. and of that smaller number a MUCH smaller number would actually take the time to vote.

Well, SIRIUS has about 6.5 million subscribers (6.1 last quarter, average increase of 400-500,000 per quarter), and there are close to 2 people to every subscription, which would make nearly 13 million, 58% of which tune into Howard 100 atleast once a week.

Oh, but I forgot, the facts are actually "Howie math". :lol:

Go play in the O&A thread.

tdel23
04-04-07, 04:10 PM

hmm whwre in that quote does it say he is soley responsible....and I find it funny how all these Hoard Stern haters know exactly what he is talking about and what web sites to go to....it so reminds me of the scene in Private Parts where they are talking about the ratings and who listens to him

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:11 PM
Ok, say he has 2 million listeners. If 25% of them vote 4 times, that's still 2 million votes.

Point is, the American Idol exec is trying to play it down, while they are having a huge influence on the show.if more then 2% of his listiners vote thats a huge number. The VAST majority of radio listiners would never do that and don't have that level of impact on the show.

YankeePride1967
04-04-07, 04:11 PM
He was going on and on about how he is HELPING keep Sanjaya stay on the show.

I know O&A fans like to think Howard says he is solely responsible for everything, but it's just not the case.

Well there is one thing about Stern and the fans that I will say. Anytime that O&A do ANYTHING remotely similiar to what Stern has done they say "they stole the idea from Howard". Well last summer when Jerry Springer was on Dancing with the Stars, O&A on their show had a campaign to have their callers keep calling and voting for Springer to stay on the show. Isn't that a bit similiar to what Stern is doing with Sanjaya now? It doesn't bug me if they do same things as they are both in the same field, but if the Stern camp is going to talk about taking an idea, wouldn't this be similiar?

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:12 PM
Well, SIRIUS has about 6.5 million subscribers (6.1 last quarter, average increase of 400-500,000 per quarter), and there are close to 2 people to every subscription, which would make nearly 13 million, 58% of which tune into Howard 100 atleast once a week.

Oh, but I forgot, the facts are actually "Howie math". :lol:

Go play in the O&A thread.So we can't trust the american idol producer but i have to trust a sirius' exec's numbers about how many listiners he gets? LOL

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 04:12 PM
if more then 2% of his listiners vote thats a huge number. The VAST majority of radio listiners would never do that and don't have that level of impact on the show.

You = wrong. But keep trying to play down my hero.

Sanjaya, buy far the worst singer on the show had the third most votes last week: http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Give me an explination.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:13 PM
Well there is one thing about Stern and the fans that I will say. Anytime that O&A do ANYTHING remotely similiar to what Stern has done they say "they stole the idea from Howard". Well last summer when Jerry Springer was on Dancing with the Stars, O&A on their show had a campaign to have their callers keep calling and voting for Springer to stay on the show. Isn't that a bit similiar to what Stern is doing with Sanjaya now? It doesn't bug me if they do same things as they are both in the same field, but if the Stern camp is going to talk about taking an idea, wouldn't this be similiar?Heh. Thats true. But remember O and A are the attack of the clones...

AMYanks
04-04-07, 04:13 PM
I can't say I listen to O&A as I haven't listened to them in months but I used to listen a lot. Now that baseball is on, I concentrate on XM's Home Plate (Baseball talk). I cannot understand the nonsense with the fans. What Stern does on his show doesn't concern me.

O&A don't concern me, I used to listen once in a while on WNEW and thought it was pretty good, but now that they're on in the morning I don't listen. Still, I have no problem with O&A, and I imagine there are a lot of O&A fans like yourself that don't have a problem, and don't care about Stern's show. But when you have fans like ABCBaseball who won't shut up about everything involving Howard, it's sad.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:14 PM
You = wrong. But keep trying to play down my hero.

Sanjaya, buy far the worst singer on the show had the third most votes last week: http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Give me an explination.Why did the awful taylor hicks win over chris daughtry last year? Who the heck knows. I just know it's not because of howie and his tiny audience.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 04:15 PM
Well there is one thing about Stern and the fans that I will say. Anytime that O&A do ANYTHING remotely similiar to what Stern has done they say "they stole the idea from Howard". Well last summer when Jerry Springer was on Dancing with the Stars, O&A on their show had a campaign to have their callers keep calling and voting for Springer to stay on the show. Isn't that a bit similiar to what Stern is doing with Sanjaya now? It doesn't bug me if they do same things as they are both in the same field, but if the Stern camp is going to talk about taking an idea, wouldn't this be similiar?

Sure it is, but I don't seriously act like either rips off the other.

Octoberbaby

You are not the offender, GoRocket.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
Why did the awful taylor hicks win over chris daughtry last year? Who the heck knows. I just know it's not because of howie and his tiny audience.

Poor child, so brainwashed.

YankeePride1967
O&A don't concern me, I used to listen once in a while on WNEW and thought it was pretty good, but now that they're on in the morning I don't listen. Still, I have no problem with O&A, and I imagine there are a lot of O&A fans like yourself that don't have a problem, and don't care about Stern's show. But when you have fans like ABCBaseball who won't shut up about everything involving Howard, it's sad.

I honestly don't care about the ratings of either show, or who has the most listeners. Right now I'm more interested in the baseball talk on XM but when I'm not so much in a baseball state of mind I'll mix in some O&A. I just don't understand the obsession with some either.

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:16 PM
Poor child, so brainwashed.Wow a Zombie calling ANYONE else brainwashed is cause for laughter.

YankeePride1967
04-04-07, 04:17 PM
Sure it is, but I don't seriously act like either rips off the other.

That's the way I am, but there are some that are always fast to jump on O&A (and others for that matter) for copying Stern. In a lot of cases there is some validity, but I think to an extent they all copy another to an extent.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 04:17 PM
So we can't trust the american idol producer but i have to trust a sirius' exec's numbers about how many listiners he gets? LOL

Even if 20% of people with access to a SIRIUS radio put on Howard 100 for one second a week, that still gives him more listeners than O&A.

Just admit that your whole "Howard has no audience" thing was dumb, and we can move forward.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 04:19 PM
Wow a Zombie calling ANYONE else brainwashed is cause for laughter.

I don't even listen to Stern, never heard his show. Just think how bent out of shape you get over it is hysterical

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:20 PM
Even if 20% of people with access to a SIRIUS radio put on Howard 100 for one second a week, that still gives him more listeners than O&A.

Just admit that your whole "Howard has no audience" thing was dumb, and we can move forward.The problem is that they don't. And o and a are on all over the country in major markets. Thats like saying that if 20% of the people that own radios in those markets put on o and a LOL. Still think howie has more listiners by that scale?

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:20 PM
I don't even listen to Stern, never heard his show. Just think how bent out of shape you get over it is hystericalso basicly you're just wasting your time to defend him? either you're just being argumentitive or you're lying. (like your hero.)

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 04:22 PM
so basicly you're just wasting your time to defend him? either you're just being argumentitive or you're lying. (like your hero.)

Not a waste of time, i'm having great laughs while burning through the end of the workday. Anything that i've argued with you can 100% be proved wrong without ever knowing who Howard Stern is. You just make up numbers and false facts. It's terrific.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 04:24 PM
The problem is that they don't. And o and a are on all over the country in major markets. Thats like saying that if 20% of the people that own radios in those markets put on o and a LOL. Still think howie has more listiners by that scale?

Yeah, and no one in those major markets are tuning in to O&A. As was posted, not a single station of theirs in top 50 markets crack the top 10, and some can't crack the top 20. On the other hand, more than 20% of the people that bought SIRIUS bought it to listen to Howard. If you think that's not the case, then you're just lying to yourself.

ABCBaseball
Not a waste of time, i'm having great laughs while burning through the end of the workday. Anything that i've argued with you can 100% be proved wrong without ever knowing who Howard Stern is. You just make up numbers and false facts. It's terrific.Why are you lying? Just admit you're a stern fan and you can't bear to hear the truth about him.

tdel23
jeez enough already, who cares who has more listeners we get it. most of the people in this thread find the show extremely funny and entertaining, enough with the Ho Ho and Howie comments and hero comments, we like the show, get over it already.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-04-07, 04:25 PM
Why are you lying? Just admit you're a stern fan and you can't bear to hear the truth about him.

Woo that was great! Thanks Norton! Works over!

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:26 PM
Yeah, and no one in those major markets are tuning in to O&A. As was posted, not a single station of theirs in top 50 markets crack the top 10, and some can't crack the top 20. On the other hand, more than 20% of the people that bought SIRIUS bought it to listen to Howard. If you think that's not the case, then you're just lying to yourself.You have no way to prove that besides a mystery company's survey as conveyed by a completely bias source...

ABCBaseball
04-04-07, 04:27 PM
jeez enough already, who cares who has more listeners we get it. most of the people in this thread find the show extremely funny and entertaining, enough with the Ho Ho and Howie comments and hero comments, we like the show, get over it already.The reason i posted in this thread was to counter the fact that howie is lying about his impact on american idol. Everything else is in response to everyone else attacking me for that fact.

tdel23
04-04-07, 04:29 PM
fair enough..i'm done with the back and fourth and will only talk about the show.

AMYanks
04-04-07, 05:07 PM
The producer of Porky's was killed in a car accident. I remember hearing that he was involved with the version of Porky's that Howard was going to produce.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/04/christmas-story-director-killed-in-l-a-car-crash/

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 06:08 PM
The producer of Porky's was killed in a car accident. I remember hearing that he was involved with the version of Porky's that Howard was going to produce.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/04/christmas-story-director-killed-in-l-a-car-crash/

That is really tragic. I heard about this crash on the news this morning and that there were fatalities. I was wondering who the victims were. Now we know. That road is really dangerous and it doesn't help when people are drunk driving on there.

RIP to the victims.

JDPNYY
04-04-07, 07:32 PM
That's the way I am, but there are some that are always fast to jump on O&A (and others for that matter) for copying Stern. In a lot of cases there is some validity, but I think to an extent they all copy another to an extent.

to an extent.

Octoberbaby
04-04-07, 08:37 PM
to an extent.

:lol: :lol:

yankeesAZ
04-04-07, 11:21 PM
The reason i posted in this thread was to counter the fact that howie is lying about his impact on american idol. Everything else is in response to everyone else attacking me for that fact.

He isn't lying about his impact. It's more of an ongoing joke than anything that he is having a lot of fun with. At first, he wasn't even sure if he was going to do this whole vote for Sanjaya, but Eric the Midget prodded him into doing it.

How much do you hate Stern?

KLJ
04-05-07, 07:28 AM
another bold face lie

tdel23
04-05-07, 09:31 AM
Sanjaya Lives!!!!!!!

I would love to hear Eric the Midget today!!

ABCBaseball
04-05-07, 09:55 AM
another bold face lieThen i guess i'm deaf because i've heard him say that.

ABCBaseball
04-05-07, 09:56 AM
Sanjaya Lives!!!!!!!

I would love to hear Eric the Midget today!!Too bad howie is on vacation...

tdel23
04-05-07, 10:07 AM
anyone hear mammary lane they have been playing this week...the pratical jokes stuttering John played on Gary were great!

Matrix7637
04-05-07, 11:25 AM
anyone hear mammary lane they have been playing this week...the pratical jokes stuttering John played on Gary were great!

Mammary Lane has been GREAT! I started listening in 1998 and really didn't know that much of the shows history.

I heard how Baba Booey got his name, Gary puppet, all the ribbing Gary has taken, the practical jokes and other parts of show that has rolled over throughout the years.

Good Stuff! :D

tdel23
04-05-07, 11:33 AM
Mammary Lane has been GREAT! I started listening in 1998 and really didn't know that much of the shows history.

I heard how Baba Booey got his name, Gary puppet, all the ribbing Gary has taken, the practical jokes and other parts of show that has rolled over throughout the years.

Good Stuff! :D

that was great when they stole the Gary puppet.

yankeesAZ
04-05-07, 12:03 PM
Too bad howie is on vacation...

That DAMN Howard!!! :-po'd-::-po'd-::-po'd-:

RhodyYanksFan
04-05-07, 12:05 PM
That DAMN Howard!!! :-po'd-::-po'd-::-po'd-:

It's ARod's fault.

yankeesAZ
04-05-07, 12:09 PM
It's ARod's fault.

Again? Man that guy never gets a break!

LongLiveBernie51!
04-05-07, 12:40 PM
if more then 2% of his listiners vote thats a huge number. The VAST majority of radio listiners would never do that and don't have that level of impact on the show.

Did O&A teach you how to spell listeners?

That would make sense seeing as though they have none and would be unfamiliar with the word.

SubwayFanatic
04-05-07, 01:06 PM
Did O&A teach you how to spell listeners?

That would make sense seeing as though they have none and would be unfamiliar with the word.

In fairness, judging by his screename it appears he may just be learning his ABC's, so he may not be familiar with it.

Octoberbaby
04-05-07, 01:35 PM
that was great when they stole the Gary puppet.

That was so funny! They really gave Gary the business.

Octoberbaby
04-05-07, 01:37 PM
In fairness, judging by his screename it appears he may just be learning his ABC's, so he may not be familiar with it.

:lol: :lol:

ABCBaseball
04-05-07, 01:52 PM
That was so funny! They really gave Gary the business.Nice to see you're enjoying shows from 1987, back when howie was relevant and actually cared about putting on a good show.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-05-07, 01:55 PM
I added O&ABCBaseball to my ignore list. First member! It's kinda fun knowing he's trying to get to me and I can't see him. Hahaha

ABCBaseball
04-05-07, 01:57 PM
I added O&ABCBaseball to my ignore list. First member! It's kinda fun knowing he's trying to get to me and I can't see him. HahahaBut you're not a stern fan at all...

Octoberbaby
04-05-07, 01:57 PM
I added O&ABCBaseball to my ignore list. First member! It's kinda fun knowing he's trying to get to me and I can't see him. Hahaha

I don't have to do that to ignore people. I can do that without putting them on the list. Usually I don't have to though but there is always the one exception.

tdel23
04-05-07, 01:59 PM

but you are missing out on all the witty 3rd grade troll responses.

Octoberbaby
04-05-07, 02:01 PM
but you are missing out on all the witty 3rd grade troll responses.

Not missing anything, IMO! ;)

tdel23
04-05-07, 02:03 PM
Not missing anything, IMO! ;)

what do you know, you don't know what funny is, you like Howard:P

ABCBaseball
04-05-07, 02:03 PM
but you are missing out on all the witty 3rd grade troll responses.Good way to marginalize anyone who disagrees with you...

Octoberbaby
04-05-07, 02:11 PM
what do you know, you don't know what funny is, you like Howard:P

Are you bucking for the ignore list too?

tdel23
04-05-07, 02:12 PM
I wonder how much weight Artie has gained over the vacation :)

AMYanks
04-05-07, 02:35 PM
Judging by the fact he just can't seem to leave this thread, ABCBaseball must be a bigger Stern fan than anyone on this board!

AMYanks
04-05-07, 02:36 PM
I wonder how much weight Artie has gained over the vacation :)

He said he was going to finally take the competition seriously... but I bet he's closer to 300 than ever before. :D

Octoberbaby
04-05-07, 02:43 PM
Judging by the fact he just can't seem to leave this thread, ABCBaseball must be a bigger Stern fan than anyone on this board!

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Octoberbaby
04-07-07, 03:16 PM
Did everyone hear the latest about Imus?? I am sure Howard will be talking about it on Monday.

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 04:49 PM
Did everyone hear the latest about Imus?? I am sure Howard will be talking about it on Monday.

Yes. And was that Sid Rosenberg I heard with him? I thought he was fired from WFAN? Imus apologized Friday. This isn't the first time that Rosenberg was part of an incident there. Several years back, he made a comment about Venus and Serena Williams comparing them to "monkeys". He was suspended for a week.

Octoberbaby
04-07-07, 04:53 PM
Yes. And was that Sid Rosenberg I heard with him? I thought he was fired from WFAN? Imus apologized Friday. This isn't the first time that Rosenberg was part of an incident there. Several years back, he made a comment about Venus and Serena Williams comparing them to "monkeys". He was suspended for a week.

I think Imus is in big trouble this time. This is shaping up like the Michael Richards incident. Howard has been saying for a long time that Imus is prejudiced and wasn't nice to the ethnics on his staff back when they were both working at NBC. I guess when you think that way it slips out when you least expect it.

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 04:58 PM
I think Imus is in big trouble this time. This is shaping up like the Michael Richards incident. Howard has been saying for a long time that Imus is prejudiced and wasn't nice to the ethnics on his staff back when they were both working at NBC. I guess when you think that way it slips out when you least expect it.

I used to listen to him but since I got XM and have either the MLB channel or O&A I haven't listened to him. But he's in his 60's and that's a bit older than most DJs are. I think this is the first time he's actually apologized for it. But To me, the worst comment came from his sidekick for saying the Rutgers women looked like the Toronto Raptors. This is the same guy (Rosenberg) who said that the Williams sisters looked like monkeys. And Rosenberg has been given multiple second chances, including down here in Florida. I think Rosenberg will definitely go and Imus will likely face some unplanned off time. How long depends on how much the sponsors act towards it.

Octoberbaby
04-07-07, 05:35 PM
I used to listen to him but since I got XM and have either the MLB channel or O&A I haven't listened to him. But he's in his 60's and that's a bit older than most DJs are. I think this is the first time he's actually apologized for it. But To me, the worst comment came from his sidekick for saying the Rutgers women looked like the Toronto Raptors. This is the same guy (Rosenberg) who said that the Williams sisters looked like monkeys. And Rosenberg has been given multiple second chances, including down here in Florida. I think Rosenberg will definitely go and Imus will likely face some unplanned off time. How long depends on how much the sponsors act towards it.

Please, Rosenberg's comment couldn't be worse than Imus saying that they (the girl's team) "looked like nappy headed hos." They are saying that Imus needs to get involved with the community for reparations. Sounds like de ja vu from the Michael Richards debacle.

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 05:38 PM
Please, Rosenberg's comment couldn't be worse than Imus saying that they (the girl's team) "looked like nappy headed hos." They are saying that Imus needs to get involved with the community for reparations. Sounds like de ja vu from the Michael Richards debacle.

Not this one, but the fact that Rosenberg has said two such comments (and the fact he's a sidekick and not the main act) means he's out. The reality of the matter is that Imus makes money and if the sponsors don't say "we're not buying advertizing time with Imus there" Imus will stay. If they do refuse to advertize, Imus is gone. It has NOTHING to do with right/wrong, but as always, it comes down to money. I thi nk Imus's coment was worse and I have no idea where you thought differently.

AMYanks
04-07-07, 05:40 PM
I remember months ago Sid coming on Howard's show and saying how much he hated Imus and Mike Francesa. So what, is he working for Imus again? What a loser.

Octoberbaby
04-07-07, 05:46 PM
Not this one, but the fact that Rosenberg has said two such comments (and the fact he's a sidekick and not the main act) means he's out. The reality of the matter is that Imus makes money and if the sponsors don't say "we're not buying advertizing time with Imus there" Imus will stay. If they do refuse to advertize, Imus is gone. It has NOTHING to do with right/wrong, but as always, it comes down to money. I thi nk Imus's coment was worse and I have no idea where you thought differently.

I definitely agree that Rosenberg will take a fall. I just think that the fall out from this will affect Imus this time too. I know it has to do with money but I can just see Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on TV now, going on about how his apology is not good enough for what he said. Personally, I think what Imus said is more offensive than what happened with Michael Richards.

BTW, what does Imus being in his '60s have to do with him making that comment?

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 05:47 PM
I remember months ago Sid coming on Howard's show and saying how much he hated Imus and Mike Francesa. So what, is he working for Imus again? What a loser.

Rosenberg is an idiot. He has screwed up so many times (gambling, alcohol, comments) that I'm surprised he's hired by anyone. I think he was fired twice by WFAN and this is his third time back. I think Imus's comments were more offensive, but Sid has a history of it. Also the reality of the situation is the actions towards Imus and Sid will not be equal. Rosenberg is a sidekick and is easily replaced. Also a sidekick is not that huge of a factor for when advertizers decide to buy spots on a station. Imus is the main act and whether or not he is/isn't fired will have little to do with how wrong his comments are (they were deplorable) but, like anything else in business, money. If the advertizers squak, he'll be gone, if not, he stays (albeit I'm sure an unplanned vacation).

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 05:49 PM
BTW, what does Imus being in his '60s have to do with him making that comment?

I have no idea?:dunno:

Him being in the 60's does mean that the end of the line for him is coming anyway and this may just push him out.

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 05:51 PM
I definitely agree that Rosenberg will take a fall. I just think that the fall out from this will affect Imus this time too. I know it has to do with money but I can just see Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on TV now, going on about how his apology is not good enough for what he said. Personally, I think what Imus said is more offensive than what happened with Michael Richards.

I definitely think what Imus (and even Rosenberg's part) was more offensive than Richards. But as I alluded, if there is enough of a storm made, Imus will go. If not he'll stay. I think either way he'll at least be suspended. I think this is it for him personally as I don't see this going away quietly.

Octoberbaby
04-07-07, 05:52 PM
I have no idea?:dunno:

Him being in the 60's does mean that the end of the line for him is coming anyway and this may just push him out.

I was just asking because you said he was in his '60s and older than most DJs so I was wondering if you had a specific point in mind.

I hope this does push him out. I think he is a big hypocrite and I am amazed he has had the success he has had in his career thus far.

JDPNYY
04-07-07, 05:53 PM
I hope Howard and the gang are back from vacation on Monday.

Octoberbaby
04-07-07, 05:54 PM

I definitely want to hear his take on this story!

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 05:56 PM
I was just asking because you said he was in his '60s and older than most DJs so I was wondering if you had a specific point in mind.

I hope this does push him out. I think he is a big hypocrite and I am amazed he has had the success he has had in his career thus far.

Oh, no the point was that he is in his 60's and that's when DJs, if not already out of the business, do get out. That's all. I wasn't saying that because he's in his 60's his comments were acceptable in any way.

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 05:57 PM

It depends, how many of his 17 weeks or so vacation has he used so far?

AMYanks
04-07-07, 06:02 PM

He is.

Octoberbaby
04-07-07, 06:04 PM
Oh, no the point was that he is in his 60's and that's when DJs, if not already out of the business, do get out. That's all. I wasn't saying that because he's in his 60's his comments were acceptable in any way.

Now I get it. I thought at first you were saying that being older he was not as in touch with the politically correct world we live in now.

YankeePride1967
04-07-07, 06:07 PM
Now I get it. I thought at first you were saying that being older he was not as in touch with the politically correct world we live in now.

Well that may or may not be the case, but that doesn't matter. If he's going to be broadcasting on the air, it's part of his duty and job preparation to be in touch. Whether he is or isn't is not an excuse. Either way, he'll be fine. He's been paid a lot. And one thing that he does that I do have a lot of respect for is his ranch that he brings children with cancer down there to work on a ranch to give them a feeling of self worth. It's a shame that he had to do this and now this is what he'll be known for. But he should have known.

Octoberbaby
04-07-07, 06:16 PM
Well that may or may not be the case, but that doesn't matter. If he's going to be broadcasting on the air, it's part of his duty and job preparation to be in touch. Whether he is or isn't is not an excuse. Either way, he'll be fine. He's been paid a lot. And one thing that he does that I do have a lot of respect for is his ranch that he brings children with cancer down there to work on a ranch to give them a feeling of self worth. It's a shame that he had to do this and now this is what he'll be known for. But he should have known.

Imus has a lot of shorcomings. They are just catching up with him now.