PDA

View Full Version : The Howard Stern Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Octoberbaby
12-13-06, 02:52 PM
Beth isn't that hot.

I agree with you. I never thought she was pretty, more like a butterface.

RhodyYanksFan
12-13-06, 02:52 PM
I agree with you. I never thought she was pretty, more like a butterface.

Yup...all hype.

effdamets
12-13-06, 02:53 PM
Beth isn't that hot.
Compared to Nosferatu, she is!!!! Let's face it, Howard doesn't look like he should be scoring a broad like Beth.

RhodyYanksFan
12-13-06, 02:54 PM
Compared to Nosferatu, she is!!!! Let's face it, Howard doesn't look like he should be scoring a broad like Beth.

Money talks.

Octoberbaby
12-13-06, 02:56 PM
Money talks.

Exactly!! :D

RhodyYanksFan
12-13-06, 02:57 PM
Howie-math doesn't add up.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=320494

"It is going so great," Stern said on Letterman's program last night. "We started out with 600,00 listeners. In one year - January will be one year - we now have almost six million."

In two years, not one year, as Stern claimed, Sirius will have gone from 700,000 to just under six million subscribers. And Sirius will have added just 53,734 more subscriptions than XM since Stern announced he was leaving terrestrial radio.

YankeePride1967
12-13-06, 03:04 PM

I caught that too. If Sirius only had 600,000 as of 1/1/06, Sirius wouldn't be in business. I believe they were in the 3 million range. Now a jump from 3 million to 6 million very impressive so nothing can be taken away from that but I guess it's called "Howie math".

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
12-13-06, 03:09 PM

Howard is wrong, but it fairness it's not his fault. I was listening the other day when someone came in and told him that there was 600k listeners when he started, so someone gave him false information. What they meant is there were 600k when they announced he was going to Sirius, which is true.

Graph:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Xm_sirius_subscribers.png

YankeePride1967
12-13-06, 03:12 PM
Howard is wrong, but it fairness it's not his fault. I was listening the other day when someone came in and told him that there was 600k listeners when he started, so someone gave him false information.

Graph:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Xm_sirius_subscribers.png

Reading further on it wasn't Howie but Sirius. Sirius on their 2005 Annual Report, said that as of 10/1/04 they had hit the 700,000 member list. So unless they lost 100K in the next year plus,they are flat out lying. Sirius also stated that they had attracted 2 members to every 1 XM received. Well if Sirius did go from 700,000 to 5.9 million as stated on their annual report and SM went from where they were in 2004 (in the mid 2 million range) to 7.7 million now that Sirius added 52,000 more subscribers in that period. More? Yes, but not 2-1.

yankeesAZ
12-13-06, 10:23 PM

Mainelli is just doing more Stern bashing, which has no end for him. He's still bitter that Stern supposedly got him fired from his last job. Howard did get the numbers wrong, but not deliberately and this doesn't warrant an SEC investigation.

NYDCYankee
12-13-06, 10:35 PM
Mainelli has a real ax to grind.

yankeesnum1
12-14-06, 07:12 AM
Is there a clip somewhere of Regis showing it on his show?
If there is, I wasn't able to find one

AMYanks
12-14-06, 04:28 PM
I know John Mainelli has openly said he is out to get Stern, but if I was him, I'd be more worried with trying to get WFNY out of the toilet. It's been a year already, I think we can stop using the "post-Stern effect" excuse. For the morning spot, yes, but the overall station ratings went down on the last books.

Octoberbaby
12-14-06, 08:24 PM
If there is, I wasn't able to find one

Thanks for checking it out! :)

AMC
12-15-06, 03:49 PM
Is John Melendez making a lot more money on The Tonight Show than he did working for Howard? It doesn't seem like he has to do much on the show but I'm assuming the pay is much better.

Octoberbaby
12-15-06, 05:23 PM
Is John Melendez making a lot more money on The Tonight Show than he did working for Howard? It doesn't seem like he has to do much on the show but I'm assuming the pay is much better.

From what Howard has said the money was much much better. He didn't fault John for going over there just for handling it the way he did. Howard has also said that he has heard that they are not happy with John over at the Jay Leno show but he has a contract. Thus, they don't give him much to do. The way Leno has utilized John has made him come off like a loser. Leno hired him but doesn't know what to do with him.

Octoberbaby
12-16-06, 01:55 AM
Forgot to mention that Howard ruled on Conan last night! Now let's see how it goes tonight on Jimmy Kimmel.

AMYanks
12-18-06, 03:41 PM
Funny news clip, back when Howard was on WNBC and he and Imus could tolerate each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgsqEpd0vQU

RhodyYanksFan
12-18-06, 03:42 PM
From what Howard has said the money was much much better. He didn't fault John for going over there just for handling it the way he did. Howard has also said that he has heard that they are not happy with John over at the Jay Leno show but he has a contract. Thus, they don't give him much to do. The way Leno has utilized John has made him come off like a loser. Leno hired him but doesn't know what to do with him.

Because nobody can do anything good if Howard's not involved right?

AMYanks
12-18-06, 05:52 PM

Uh oh, I smell a pest. :lol:

It would be much better if you just did your "Hoo-Hoo, I invented everything" deal and save everyone the time. ;)

SubwayFanatic
12-18-06, 10:46 PM
Uh oh, I smell a pest. :lol:

It would be much better if you just did your "Hoo-Hoo, I invented everything" deal and save everyone the time. ;)

You better watch out or the O&A army may come ofter you!

yankeesAZ
12-19-06, 12:05 AM

All I know he was a lot more entertaining when he was with Howard.

Leno neutered John.

Octoberbaby
12-19-06, 12:37 AM
All I know he was a lot more entertaining when he was with Howard.

Leno neutered John.

Bingo!!!

All you have to do is watch Leno's show to see that. Notice I don't call it The Tonight Show because it hasn't been that since Johnny Carson left. Leno is a Laim-o!!

AMYanks
01-03-07, 10:36 PM
Reminder: Artie is on Letterman tonight.

yankeesAZ
01-04-07, 12:26 AM
Reminder: Artie is on Letterman tonight.

Promoting Beer League! The "feel good story of the year!":D

effdamets
01-04-07, 08:14 AM
I thought Artie was great in his spot on Letterman!

However, he is so big.... He can't even sit up straight anymore! Please Artie, stop with the devildogs already!

powerpinstripes
01-04-07, 02:13 PM
I borrowed my dad's car today for my ride into work, he has Sirius, so I got to listen to Howard for the first time in a year. Dennis Rodman was on. It was pretty funny.

yankeesAZ
01-05-07, 10:44 AM
I borrowed my dad's car today for my ride into work, he has Sirius, so I got to listen to Howard for the first time in a year. Dennis Rodman was on. It was pretty funny.

Rodman playing the Harlem Globetrotters!

"How can Curly dump a bucket of confetti on Rodman's head and Dennis not kick his ass?" :lol: ...or something along those lines.

Of course, they explained that the Globetrotters have two teams, one for entertaining and one that plays real games, which Rodman will be playing against the latter. Oh, and Curly is long gone from the Trotters.

Still, I like the idea of Rodman being in the entertainment tour instead and he breaks script and just starts kicking butt to whichever Globetrotter humiliates him.

AMYanks
01-06-07, 06:08 PM
"Curly bounces the ball off Rodman's head... and now Rodman is making Curly blow him!"

yankeesAZ
01-08-07, 01:09 AM
Btw, for those of you that use the Sirius Tuner Widget, you can now get the Howard Stern Fist Skin for your Widget Tuner:

http://www.neoscrib.com/index.php?page=siriusskins

AMYanks
01-08-07, 10:08 PM
The show today was pretty uneventful until Artie bailed because of the gas leak. :lol:

yankeesAZ
01-08-07, 10:54 PM
The show today was pretty uneventful until Artie bailed because of the gas leak. :lol:

The gas leak pretty much killed the show today. Enjoyed hearing about their preperations for their trip to Tampa.

A 2-hour plane ride and they are concerned about what menu items should be on the plane with them.

Howard TV and Hogan's TV crew will both be at Bubba's wedding.

CyYoung4Vazquez
01-09-07, 01:14 PM
I just met Artie. He was signing his DVD at J&R downtown. Funny guy and HUGE in person. High Pitch Eric was there too.

tdel23
01-09-07, 02:34 PM

hmm he must be doing something right....

NEW YORK - Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. paid Howard Stern an $83 million stock bonus Tuesday after the company beat a subscriber target set two years ago when it lured the star shock jock away from terrestrial radio

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16539806/?GT1=8921

yankeesAZ
01-10-07, 12:09 AM

NEW YORK - Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. paid Howard Stern an $83 million stock bonus Tuesday after the company beat a subscriber target set two years ago when it lured the star shock jock away from terrestrial radio

His one-year anniversary today on Sirius radio!

It's been a great year of radio. It will probably not be long until he is criticized for getting that option.

tdel23
01-10-07, 09:35 AM
did anyone here the top 10 moments from 2006....The Jenna Jamison Sybian ride was unreal....and I can't get enough of the Eric the Midget and Balloon flying bits.

yankeesAZ
01-10-07, 11:04 AM
I just met Artie. He was signing his DVD at J&R downtown. Funny guy and HUGE in person. High Pitch Eric was there too.

Cool. Was High Pitch signing too? Or asking to be on "Heroes"?;)

AMYanks
01-10-07, 03:20 PM

Meanwhile, WFNY's (K-Rock) ratings went down for the third quarter in a row.

John Mainelli doing a hell of a job. :lol:

JDPNYY
01-10-07, 06:07 PM

Surely the morning guys must be crushing Diamond Dave's ratings by now.

AMYanks
01-10-07, 09:43 PM
I caught Gilbert's appearence today on the replay. It re-confirms my belief that he is, bar none, the best guest ever. I could not stop laughing when he was doing his John Lennon bit after Artie's story. And then Howard, for only the second or third time on satellite, had to dump out after Gilbert did the same thing, but used Bindy Irwin. :lol:

(And for those who missed it and have no idea what I mean, I'd try to explain it... but I don't know if I could without getting RO'd. ;) )

AMYanks
01-10-07, 10:55 PM
Surely the morning guys must be crushing Diamond Dave's ratings by now.

:lol:

This would be funny if it wasn't true: Whoopi Goldberg is beating them in the ratings. Whoopi Goldberg.

MORNINGS: WSKQ (7.1), WINS (6.5), WLTW (5.7), WHTZ (5.4), WBLS (4.2), WPAT-FM (4.1), WRKS & WCBS-AM (3.8), WABC (3.3), WQHT (3.2), WAXQ & WPLJ (2.8), WFAN (2.7), WWPR (2.4), WQCD (2.2), WKTU (2.0), WADO & WQXR (1.9), WOR & WCBS-FM (1.8), WFNY (1.6), WNEW (1.4).

The virus is spreading! :lol:

JDPNYY
01-10-07, 10:56 PM

This would be funny if it wasn't true: Whoopi Goldberg is beating them in the ratings. Whoopi Goldberg.

MORNINGS: WSKQ (7.1), WINS (6.5), WLTW (5.7), WHTZ (5.4), WBLS (4.2), WPAT-FM (4.1), WRKS & WCBS-AM (3.8), WABC (3.3), WQHT (3.2), WAXQ & WPLJ (2.8), WFAN (2.7), WWPR (2.4), WQCD (2.2), WKTU (2.0), WADO & WQXR (1.9), WOR & WCBS-FM (1.8), WFNY (1.6), WNEW (1.4).

1.6, not bad.

SubwayFanatic
01-11-07, 06:35 AM

It is funny how Opie and Anthony and their fans act like Howard is washed up. Hmm, let's see -- one guy is going to make hundreds of millions of dollars the next few years, has helped bring over tons of subscriptions to Sirius, etc. The other guys can't even get good ratings on regular radio. Yup, Howard is washed up. Hoo hoo, Robin.

John Mainelli and the rest of the O&A apologists (all six of them) can throw out the whole "Give it time" excuse, but is there any doubt that Stern wouldn't be getting monster ratings immediately if he went back to free radio?

O&A are not new to radio. They have been on regular radio before and were on satellite for quite some time. If they were half as good as the O&A army thought they were, I think they should be beating Whoppi Goldberg in the ratings.

SubwayFanatic
01-11-07, 06:40 AM
I caught Gilbert's appearence today on the replay. It re-confirms my belief that he is, bar none, the best guest ever. I could not stop laughing when he was doing his John Lennon bit after Artie's story. And then Howard, for only the second or third time on satellite, had to dump out after Gilbert did the same thing, but used Bindy Irwin. :lol:

(And for those who missed it and have no idea what I mean, I'd try to explain it... but I don't know if I could without getting RO'd. ;) )

Hickory dickory dock.... Ohhhhh!

Gilbert can just go on the show and laugh, not even speak, and he would still be funny.

JDPNYY
01-11-07, 06:44 AM
It is funny how Opie and Anthony and their fans act like Howard is washed up. Hmm, let's see -- one guy is going to make hundreds of millions of dollars the next few years, has helped bring over tons of subscriptions to Sirius, etc. The other guys can't even get good ratings on regular radio. Yup, Howard is washed up. Hoo hoo, Robin.

John Mainelli and the rest of the O&A apologists (all six of them) can throw out the whole "Give it time" excuse, but is there any doubt that Stern wouldn't be getting monster ratings immediately if he went back to free radio?

O&A are not new to radio. They have been on regular radio before and were on satellite for quite some time. If they were half as good as the O&A army thought they were, I think they should be beating Whoppi Goldberg in the ratings.

Come on now. Whoppi is very witty.

YankeePride1967
01-11-07, 07:33 AM

Well when Stern was on K-Rock, he wasn't on the radio 24 hours a day.

YankeePride1967
01-11-07, 07:34 AM

I have no idea if Howard is washed up, haven't heard him in a year. I don't really care about how Stern does really and never got caught up in the stupid rivalry.

tdel23
01-11-07, 08:05 AM

Wow Imus is beating them too!!??? that is pretty funny.

SubwayFanatic
01-11-07, 10:03 AM
Wow Imus is beating them too!!??? that is pretty funny.

Maybe they need to go on another late night TV show and do a Howard impersonation to get a few more fans.

yankeesAZ
01-11-07, 12:34 PM

Hard to find stories about these ratings, but no shortage of "Howard's "Failing" on Sirius" stories.

AMYanks
01-11-07, 02:06 PM
Well when Stern was on K-Rock, he wasn't on the radio 24 hours a day.

No, but even though his numbers were high enough in the mornings that K-Rock was consistently in the top 5 overall, after he signed off, their average rating was in the 3's. Stern averaged about an 8.0 rating in the mornings, and WXRK's afternoon number was an average of 3.0. Their overall number on average was 4.0. O&A have a 1.6 rating in the mornings. WFNY's afternoon number is identical, 1.6. If they were on 24/7, instead of a 1.2 overall rating, it would be a 1.6.

SubwayFanatic
01-11-07, 06:52 PM
Someone may this O&A video on YouTube. Pretty funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjwLj3qVpHs

JDPNYY
01-11-07, 06:56 PM
I was without my Sirius Radio on the way to work one day this week. I gave O & A a listen. After about 15 minutes I put on Mike and Mike.

Thank goodness I was only without my Sirius for one day.

AMYanks
01-11-07, 08:55 PM
Sal and Richard's prank call to the "Love" show was great.

AMYanks
01-11-07, 10:52 PM
Letterman mentioned "Beer League" on his show tonight. In a bit about George W. Bush, he said something like "threw in a plug at the end of his speech for Artie Lange's "Beer League", now available on DVD."

Also, don't forget, Artie is on Conan tonight.

A plug on Letterman, and a spot on Conan.

What a night for Mr. Lange.

NYDCYankee
01-12-07, 12:25 AM
Artie was great tonight on Conan.

But man he is gross looking.

JDPNYY
01-12-07, 07:05 AM
Artie was great tonight on Conan.

But man he is gross looking.

I fell asleep right before he went on.

Did he eat anything from Conan's vending machine during his time on the air?

NYDCYankee
01-12-07, 07:08 AM
I fell asleep right before he went on.

Did he eat anything from Conan's vending machine during his time on the air?

It didn't come up but I am sure he did.

He said he gets mistaken for Rosie O'Donnell on the street. That was funny.

And he told the cocaine in a pigsuit story, which is always good.

JDPNYY
01-12-07, 07:17 AM
It didn't come up but I am sure he did.

He said he gets mistaken for Rosie O'Donnell on the street. That was funny.

And he told the cocaine in a pigsuit story, which is always good.

No, I meant while he was on the air chatting with Conan. I'm sure he hit the Vending Machine before and after his appearance.

YankeePride1967
01-12-07, 02:43 PM
I have no idea why O&A fans are obsessed with Stern and why some Stern fans seem to be obsessed with O&A.

JDPNYY
01-12-07, 04:02 PM
I have no idea why O&A fans are obsessed with Stern and why some Stern fans seem to be obsessed with O&A.

Me neither. Are there O & A fans?

Octoberbaby
01-12-07, 05:39 PM

It's just that they have the audacity to think they are better than Stern. Howard Rules!!:)

YankeePride1967
01-12-07, 05:44 PM
It's just that they have the audacity to think they are better than Stern. Howard Rules!!:)

I can't say who's better as I don't listen to Stern and rarely did before. But I do enjoy O&A. I just don't understand why the animosity goes over to the fans. So O&A and Stern hate each other, big deal.

Octoberbaby
01-12-07, 05:55 PM
I can't say who's better as I don't listen to Stern and rarely did before. But I do enjoy O&A. I just don't understand why the animosity goes over to the fans. So O&A and Stern hate each other, big deal.

Howard always has a feud going with somebody. He likes to stir things up.

AMYanks
01-12-07, 10:07 PM

I'd say it's more like O&A hate Stern, and Stern couldn't care less about O&A.

After all, O&A are the ones who have talked about Howard and how much of a bad person he is on Letterman (it was great how Letterman treated them) and Leno.

And O&A are the ones who send their "pests" out whenever Howard is doing a SIRIUS promotion, or is doing a Letterman appearence.

And O&A are the ones who have spent time on their radio talking about Howard, and playing various clips of him and his show.

Howard's never done any of that. It's more of a hate/obsession thing with O&A.

Octoberbaby
01-12-07, 10:42 PM

After all, O&A are the ones who have talked about Howard and how much of a bad person he is on Letterman (it was great how Letterman treated them) and Leno.

And O&A are the ones who send their "pests" out whenever Howard is doing a SIRIUS promotion, or is doing a Letterman appearence.

And O&A are the ones who have spent time on their radio talking about Howard, and playing various clips of him and his show.

Sounds like they are trying to stir things up to bring publicity to themselves and Howard is not giving them the time of day.

YankeePride1967
01-13-07, 06:42 AM

That's all fine and good, but not related to what I talked about and that is the FAN'S obsession with each other. Like I said in the post above, why does it matter to the fans if O&A and Stern hate each other? Why do Stern fans care about what O&A ratings are? Or why do O&A fans care about how Stern supposedly treated O&A back in the day? It has nothing to do with the fans!

I guess I just don't understand the dittohead mentality where the fans think their show's fight is also theirs and while it goes down mostly on O&A fan, it goes the other way as we see here.

And how about here? Why do Stern fans here keep pointing out the ratings? Or videos about O&A? I think on this board the attention seems to be the opposite. Elsewhere, I agree.

AMYanks
01-13-07, 03:17 PM
That's all fine and good, but not related to what I talked about and that is the FAN'S obsession with each other. Like I said in the post above, why does it matter to the fans if O&A and Stern hate each other? Why do Stern fans care about what O&A ratings are? Or why do O&A fans care about how Stern supposedly treated O&A back in the day? It has nothing to do with the fans!

I guess I just don't understand the dittohead mentality where the fans think their show's fight is also theirs and while it goes down mostly on O&A fan, it goes the other way as we see here.

And how about here? Why do Stern fans here keep pointing out the ratings? Or videos about O&A? I think on this board the attention seems to be the opposite. Elsewhere, I agree.

I was responding to the last line of your post, which you said O&A and Stern hate each other. I think O&A hate Stern, and Stern is indifferent towards O&A. As far as the ratings go, I only mentioned it because Howard was talking about how poor the ratings are, and my focus was on John Mainelli. However, after hearing from O&A fans (the dozen or so that there are) how O&A are "younger and fresher" for so long now, to see their ratings go down is kind of funny.

YankeePride1967
01-13-07, 05:54 PM
I was responding to the last line of your post, which you said O&A and Stern hate each other. I think O&A hate Stern, and Stern is indifferent towards O&A. As far as the ratings go, I only mentioned it because Howard was talking about how poor the ratings are, and my focus was on John Mainelli. However, after hearing from O&A fans (the dozen or so that there are) how O&A are "younger and fresher" for so long now, to see their ratings go down is kind of funny.

Honestly, I listen to O&A, I think they are hilarious. I didn't listen to Stern so I can't say if he's good/bad or whatever. I could care less about the animousity between the two shows. And those ratings, were they for the hours O&A were on or the entire station?

AMYanks
01-13-07, 06:26 PM
Honestly, I listen to O&A, I think they are hilarious. I didn't listen to Stern so I can't say if he's good/bad or whatever. I could care less about the animousity between the two shows. And those ratings, were they for the hours O&A were on or the entire station?

I'm not sure what their exact hours are, but if O&A are on from 6-9 AM, then the 1.6 rating is for their show only. From the numbers I've seen, WFNY has a 1.6 from 6-9, 9-12, 12-3, and 3-6. After that it goes down to <1.

CoyoteYankee
01-13-07, 08:25 PM

I like both O&A and Howard Stern. I guess that makes me some kind of freak!

JDPNYY
01-13-07, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure what their exact hours are, but if O&A are on from 6-9 AM, then the 1.6 rating is for their show only. From the numbers I've seen, WFNY has a 1.6 from 6-9, 9-12, 12-3, and 3-6. After that it goes down to <1.

They should change the format to Country Music.

AMYanks
01-14-07, 02:05 AM
Private Parts on USA right now.

YankeePride1967
01-14-07, 09:27 AM
I like both O&A and Howard Stern. I guess that makes me some kind of freak!

I don't see anything wrong with that as they are in the same line of entertainment. I just don't feel like signing up for two satellite radio companies.

YankeePride1967
01-14-07, 09:28 AM
They should change the format to Country Music.

I wish they would so O&A would just be on satellite.

JDPNYY
01-14-07, 09:56 AM
I wish they would so O&A would just be on satellite.

Exactly. It was a silly, desperate move by both CBS Radio and XM. One that didn't work at all.

Octoberbaby
01-14-07, 12:16 PM
Exactly. It was a silly, desperate move by both CBS Radio and XM. One that didn't work at all.

I don't know whatever possessed them to think that could work. My son pays for XM because he likes O&A (don't ask me why) but feels ripped off now that it is on regular radio too. O&A went on satellite because nobody would hire them which is a different reason than Howard's for going on Sirius.

AMYanks
01-14-07, 12:27 PM
It would be best for O&A to go back to satellite full-time. I'm sure their loyal fan base is the one that has XM, they want the full show uncensored. And with this last ratings book, O&A's ratings going down in all of their markets (including #1 NYC), they're proving that they're not going to be a big deal on terrestrial radio.

AMYanks
01-14-07, 07:37 PM
We all know that Artie signed a FOX development deal a few months ago, but Page Six had a report today about it, and it sounds more "concrete" than just the development deal we heard about.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142007/gossip/pagesix/breakout_time_pagesix_.htm

If he does leave, I wonder who will replace him. Maybe someone like Greg Fitzsimmons, or Greg Giraldo. Having Gilbert Gottfried there would be funny, but I don't know if the appeal of Gilbert outside of his laugh would last if he was there every single day. Plus, I doubt he would want it.

I also doubt Jackie would come back, although it would be great if he did. Howard is still very funny himself, don't get me wrong, but those one-liners that Jackie wrote for Howard made him look even better.

NelsonMuntz
01-14-07, 07:57 PM
We all know that Artie signed a FOX development deal a few months ago, but Page Six had a report today about it, and it sounds more "concrete" than just the development deal we heard about.

If he does leave, I wonder who will replace him. Maybe someone like Greg Fitzsimmons, or Greg Giraldo. Having Gilbert Gottfried there would be funny, but I don't know if the appeal of Gilbert outside of his laugh would last if he was there every single day. Plus, I doubt he would want it.

I also doubt Jackie would come back, although it would be great if he did. Howard is still very funny himself, don't get me wrong, but those one-liners that Jackie wrote for Howard made him look even better.
That's a a really awful picture of Artie. I hope he doesn't leave the show. He's great in that role (i.e., the sidekick with the funny one-liners and hilarious stories from his past).

Octoberbaby
01-15-07, 12:45 PM

I vote for Jackie coming back. I don't know if Howard would want it though.

yankeesAZ
01-16-07, 08:16 PM
The Bubba wedding details were great today. Ronnie cracked me up, though he f-up big time. Ralph is pure scum of the earth.

Also enjoyed Tricia from Battlestar Gallactica on there today. She did not duck any questions and never really flinched.

AMYanks
01-17-07, 05:41 PM
I didn't hear today's entire show yet, but did Howard mention Penny Crone and George Flowers being fired from Howard 100 News because of budget cuts? I read it in the Daily News today. I was very surprised. Penny's crazy, but that's what makes her great when she's on the air. They couldn't find anyone else to fire but Penny?

JDPNYY
01-17-07, 05:43 PM
I didn't hear today's entire show yet, but did Howard mention Penny Crone and George Flowers being fired from Howard 100 News because of budget cuts? I read it in the Daily News today. I was very surprised. Penny's crazy, but that's what makes her great when she's on the air.

He didn't mention it while I was listening.

The News was a good idea once. Now, it's usually just annoying. I think it's just a matter of time til they're all gone.

yankeesAZ
01-17-07, 09:49 PM
I didn't hear today's entire show yet, but did Howard mention Penny Crone and George Flowers being fired from Howard 100 News because of budget cuts? I read it in the Daily News today. I was very surprised. Penny's crazy, but that's what makes her great when she's on the air. They couldn't find anyone else to fire but Penny?

My guess is Howard addresses this tomorrow.

RhodyYanksFan
01-17-07, 10:46 PM

You mean ruled...back when he was talking to millions of people instead of a few hundred thousand.

I have had XM since before O&A came on and there's no way I'll ever listen to FM. I do enjoy the O&A FM show because they get better guests, but I miss the full XM show. I'd be happy if they left FM.

To point out ratings in 2007 is a different arguement then in 2001. Name me one station that has excellent ratings, especially for talk radio. Like someone said, most real O&A fans have XM and we listen through XM so technically the ratings don't reflect the real number of listeners. Remember, when Howard was huge there was no satellite to compete with.

effdamets
01-18-07, 08:29 AM
You mean ruled...back when he was talking to millions of people instead of a few hundred thousand.

I have had XM since before O&A came on and there's no way I'll ever listen to FM. I do enjoy the O&A FM show because they get better guests, but I miss the full XM show. I'd be happy if they left FM.

To point out ratings in 2007 is a different arguement then in 2001. Name me one station that has excellent ratings, especially for talk radio. Like someone said, most real O&A fans have XM and we listen through XM so technically the ratings don't reflect the real number of listeners. Remember, when Howard was huge there was no satellite to compete with.
A few hundred thousand? There are over 6 million Sirius subscribers. When Stern began in January of '06, there were less than a million.

There are no stations now that have any kind of ratings in the FM world. But when Howard was on FM, his ratings were double and triple that of the second place station.

And if I recall correctly, XM started long before Howard left terrestrial radio.

No one can deny that Howard is an innovative personality in radio. If you don't like his content, that is something different.

KLJ
01-18-07, 08:45 AM
When Stern began in January of '06, there were less than a million.
i'm a huge stern fan but i don't think that comment is entirely accurate.. there were 600k listeners when stern first announced his contract with sirius.. that was in early 2005.. by the time he actually started on sirius there were well over 1 million subscribers.. of course many of those were his listeners that came over..

SubwayFanatic
01-18-07, 10:30 AM

I can't believe you are giving O&A a free pass for their crappy ratings on regular radio.

Do you honestly think that if Stern went back to regular radio he would not be destroying what Opie and Anthony are getting for ratings now?

Also, show me some figures that prove your theory that Howard only has a few hundred thousand people listening to his show nowadays.

AMYanks
01-18-07, 03:23 PM

Few hundred thousand? Even when Stern first started on SIRIUS, the most negative critics would say that he had around 1.5 million listeners a day. The SIRIUS subscriptions have nearly doubled since then. If I were to say 2.5 million listen to him a day, that would be a conservative number.

The fact that Stern could go back to FM radio tomorrow and quadruple O&A's ratings makes it a moot point. Even when people said his show was stale, and that he was washed up, his ratings were over 400% higher than O&A's (that's using his lowest rating).

Regardless, O&A's loyal fans have XM, and they are getting the content they want. XM is probably happy with O&A. Just because they haven't been a success on terrestrial radio shouldn't matter to the fans.

effdamets
01-18-07, 03:27 PM
i'm a huge stern fan but i don't think that comment is entirely accurate.. there were 600k listeners when stern first announced his contract with sirius.. that was in early 2005.. by the time he actually started on sirius there were well over 1 million subscribers.. of course many of those were his listeners that came over..
That's what I meant.... To me, he started his campaign to be on Sirius when he announced he signed the deal with Sirius, while still on FM.

tdel23
01-18-07, 03:38 PM
the phony phone call that Sal and Richard did to Gary the Retard was cruel yet so funny.

SubwayFanatic
01-18-07, 06:28 PM
the phony phone call that Sal and Richard did to Gary the Retard was cruel yet so funny.

That was hysterical.

I think the show lately has been good, but missing something. However, these last two days have been fantastic. Between that phone call, the crew busting on JD, some of Fred's sound effects, etc., it's been two very good days of radio.

RhodyYanksFan
01-18-07, 06:32 PM
A few hundred thousand? There are over 6 million Sirius subscribers. When Stern began in January of '06, there were less than a million.

There are no stations now that have any kind of ratings in the FM world. But when Howard was on FM, his ratings were double and triple that of the second place station.

Got those numbers straight from the horse's mouth did ya? He's a liar. They had about 600,000 when he announced he was leaving in early 2005. Then he proceeded to do a one-year commercial for Sirius.

At the end of last year Sirius still had less subs then XM and even if every single person who had Sirius listened to Howard, he still has less people listening then he did on Free FM. God bless him for the deal he got (and the $80 million bonus he just got, right after letting a few of the news people go), but he sold out because there is no way he has as many listeners, or is as socially relevant now as he was 10 years ago.

SubwayFanatic
01-18-07, 06:39 PM
Got those numbers straight from the horse's mouth did ya? He's a liar. They had about 600,000 when he announced he was leaving in early 2005. Then he proceeded to do a one-year commercial for Sirius.

At the end of last year Sirius still had less subs then XM and even if every single person who had Sirius listened to Howard, he still has less people listening then he did on Free FM. God bless him for the deal he got (and the $80 million bonus he just got, right after letting a few of the news people go), but he sold out because there is no way he has as many listeners, or is as socially relevant now as he was 10 years ago.

Of course he does not have as many listeners as he did when he was on regular radio. Stern, even before he left to go to Sirius, said he did not think he would.

Some people just can't afford the money for satellite radio. Other people who listened to him on regular radio were probably just casual fans, so it's not surprising that they did not make the jump. And then you had the people who tuned in that claimed to hate him -- like the O&A army -- so it's not a shock that those people did not sign up either.

Even if you do believe that he is not as socially relevant as he was 10 years ago -- which I am not sure I necessarily believe -- at least Stern did have some glory years, which is more than I can say for O&A.

AMYanks
01-18-07, 07:01 PM

So you've gone from "a few hundred thousand listeners" to "not as socially relevant now as he was 10 years ago" when he had a #1 box office movie and the highest ratings in the history of modern radio.

Even Howard himself knows that he doesn't have anything near the listeners he had 10 years ago, or at any point on terrestrial radio.

RhodyYanksFan
01-18-07, 07:40 PM
Even Howard himself knows that he doesn't have anything near the listeners he had 10 years ago, or at any point on terrestrial radio.

Does he? Because when my fiance has him on in her car it's all about the "revolution" of radio as he works 4 days and takes off 10 weeks a year.

AMYanks
01-18-07, 07:42 PM
Does he? Because when my fiance has him on in her car it's all about the "revolution" of radio as he works 4 days and takes off 10 weeks a year.

I'm still waiting for you to point out when and where he said he has as many listeners now as he did on terrestrial radio.

Oh and btw, he takes just as much vacation time on SIRIUS as he did on terrestrial.

YankeePride1967
01-18-07, 08:06 PM

And if I recall correctly, XM started long before Howard left terrestrial radio.

No one can deny that Howard is an innovative personality in radio. If you don't like his content, that is something different.

When Stern started there was approximately 2.5 million. There is no doubt that he has been worth what he's gotten though.

Octoberbaby
01-18-07, 08:25 PM
I can't imagine what determines the statement that Howard "sold out"?

RhodyYanksFan
01-18-07, 09:16 PM
I can't imagine what determines the statement that Howard "sold out"?

Less listeners, less work, more money. Like I said, God bless him for getting it.

Octoberbaby
01-18-07, 09:35 PM
Less listeners, less work, more money. Like I said, God bless him for getting it.

If anything he is doing more work for less listeners. His reason for leaving was the FCC, not for the money or less work.

AMYanks
01-18-07, 11:54 PM
How did Stern sell out? By taking a lot of money? He took a deal that paid him a ton of money, but also gave the fans a much higher quality show, and quality programming on his two channels. He also took a deal that means less listeners, and less ad revenue.

An example of selling out would be someone presenting fans with a poor, watered down version of a show just so they can get more money and national exposure.

If anything, O&A are the ones who are only a few steps away from being in the category of "selling out". They had a small group of loyal fans of XM who really enjoyed the job they were doing. They took more money and the chance to be a big name in the radio industry, went to terrestrial radio, and took a chunk of time away from their regular uncensored XM broadcast.

JDPNYY
01-19-07, 12:12 AM
Free FM is paying Diamond Dave and Opie & Anthony for that 1.6, huh?

NYDCYankee
01-19-07, 12:14 AM

Less work and more money doesn't sound like selling out to me. Sounds like success.

SubwayFanatic
01-19-07, 12:24 AM
How did Stern sell out? By taking a lot of money? He took a deal that paid him a ton of money, but also gave the fans a much higher quality show, and quality programming on his two channels. He also took a deal that means less listeners, and less ad revenue.

An example of selling out would be someone presenting fans with a poor, watered down version of a show just so they can get more money and national exposure.

If anything, O&A are the ones who are only a few steps away from being in the category of "selling out". They had a small group of loyal fans of XM who really enjoyed the job they were doing. They took more money and the chance to be a big name in the radio industry, went to terrestrial radio, and took a chunk of time away from their regular uncensored XM broadcast.

Exactly.

And O&A fans can do their "Hoo Hoo, I invented radio" schtick, but you have to believe that a huge reason why they want back to regular radio was because they wanted to stick it to Howard. They wanted his fame and fourtune. They bragged about how they were going to take his audience, etc.

I guess that's not working out so well.

effdamets
01-19-07, 07:37 AM
Do you think a "REVOLUTION" happens over night?

On the date of Howard's first braodcast, I think there were like 2.5 million subscribers to Sirius radio. Since then, approximately one year later, Sirius has added over 4 million.

tdel23
01-19-07, 08:33 AM
I could care less if he is "not as socially relevant now as he was 10 years ago"

the show is funny as hell.

effdamets
01-19-07, 08:33 AM
I could care less if he is "not as socially relevant now as he was 10 years ago"

the show is funny as hell.
Great point!

tdel23
01-19-07, 08:41 AM
and as far as him only working 4 days a week, I'm really enjoying the master tape theater they play on Fridays...last week was great when they replayed the show the day after OJ was acquitted.

Matrix7637
01-19-07, 10:29 AM
That was hysterical.

I think the show lately has been good, but missing something. However, these last two days have been fantastic. Between that phone call, the crew busting on JD, some of Fred's sound effects, etc., it's been two very good days of radio.

I have listened to Howard before and after his move to Sirius.

The show that he is doing on Sirius is 10 times better than it was on "regular" radio.

IMHO it's well worth 12.95 a month.

You can debate the Stern vs. O & A crap all day long but that's not the point. Howard and his cast of characters are funny as hell and now that the restrictions are off the product is better.

yankeesAZ
01-19-07, 11:36 AM
and as far as him only working 4 days a week, I'm really enjoying the master tape theater they play on Fridays...last week was great when they replayed the show the day after OJ was acquitted.

That one was good. A lot of time though they are duds. I didn't like it when I heard that he would only do 4 days vs the usual 5 and still don't, but not enough to cancel my subscription. Most of the time I use Friday to catch up on parts of the shows I didn't listen to Mon-Thurs since I record them all on the Stiletto. I have more than enough to listen to.

The 4 days are very enjoyable anyway, regardless of whatever excuse Howard uses "I stay longer on the 4 days, so you're really getting more show, etc". He'd be better off just saying he made a great deal and its up to the listeners to decide to pay the $12.95 or not.

The music content is worth it alone, plus I just listen to more Ferrall instead.

Octoberbaby
01-19-07, 01:31 PM
Exactly.

And O&A fans can do their "Hoo Hoo, I invented radio" schtick, but you have to believe that a huge reason why they want back to regular radio was because they wanted to stick it to Howard. They wanted his fame and fourtune. They bragged about how they were going to take his audience, etc.

I guess that's not working out so well.

Even without Howard competing on terrestrial radio they can't get his audience. I tried to listen to O&A once and just thought it was unlistenable.

Howard has not sold out. Selling out for him would have been to stay on FM radio having to put up with the censorship of his show. They would have given him big money to stay and, yes, even cut his hours if he stayed. He would have been working less hard than he is now on Sirius. For Howard it would not have been worth it if the censors won.

RhodyYanksFan
01-20-07, 09:58 PM
On the date of Howard's first braodcast, I think there were like 2.5 million subscribers to Sirius radio. Since then, approximately one year later, Sirius has added over 4 million.

You really think that every single person who got Sirius did so just because of Howard?

Just like cable TV, satellite radio is only going to get bigger and bigger. When cable first came out the consensus was "pay for TV...that's ridiculous" and the same was true when XM started in 1999. Slowly but surely it will become the norm. Sorry but there is no way I'm buying that Howard brought all 4 million Sirius subscribers in 2006. He definitely accounted for some, but maybe some people just got tired of 10 minute commercial breaks and the idea of commercial free music is worth $12 a month.

That's why I got XM. Then O&A joining and MLB just made it that much better. Even if O&A left altogether, I wouldn't go back to FM. Satellite is worth every penny.

effdamets
01-20-07, 10:04 PM
You really think that every single person who got Sirius did so just because of Howard?

Just like cable TV, satellite radio is only going to get bigger and bigger. When cable first came out the consensus was "pay for TV...that's ridiculous" and the same was true when XM started in 1999. Slowly but surely it will become the norm. Sorry but there is no way I'm buying that Howard brought all 4 million Sirius subscribers in 2006. He definitely accounted for some, but maybe some people just got tired of 10 minute commercial breaks and the idea of commercial free music is worth $12 a month.

That's why I got XM. Then O&A joining and MLB just made it that much better. Even if O&A left altogether, I wouldn't go back to FM. Satellite is worth every penny.
Well, what else changed in '06 on Sirius that would attract subscribers?

JDPNYY
01-20-07, 10:04 PM

How many suscribers did XM haul in last year?

YankeePride1967
01-20-07, 10:08 PM

I am an XM man and a fan of O&A. While I wouldn't say "100% of the increase" is Stern. I think conservatively 80% of it is (and probably more).

Your overall point about satellite radio couldn't be more true. I will never go back to terrestrial radio. I love satellite radio.

RhodyYanksFan
01-20-07, 10:16 PM
Well, what else changed in '06 on Sirius that would attract subscribers?

Lets see...FM is horrible, radios got cheaper, Christmas, technology grew, word of mouth about no commercials/no regional stations, NYC lost their main rock and oldies stations, need I go on?

How many suscribers did XM haul in last year?

The final 2006 numbers aren't out yet. They'll come with the annual report, but as of October 2006 we have this:

http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=284217

However, those numbers may be misleading because of Sirus' way of counting. According to them, cars that have radios installed are counted as subs even before said cars are sold.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/xm-vs-sirius-subscriber-numbers.html

So wait. Sirius counts a subscription when it's delivered to the dealership (essentially "sold" to the dealer), whereas XM counts a subscription when it's... activated (after the "trial" period?!). If you anyone has more info to add to this, I'd really be interested. It's hard to compare the subscriber numbers between the two when there's no standard for measurement.

YankeePride1967
01-20-07, 10:19 PM
Lets see...FM is horrible, radios got cheaper, Christmas, technology grew, word of mouth about no commercials/no regional stations, NYC lost their main rock and oldies stations, need I go on?

I think your point about FM is true, but that being said, why did Sirius' subscription totals DOUBLE from January 2006 until today? Are you saying that is more about FM radio than Howard Stern? Why didn't they jump on board earlier? And why so much to Sirius and less to XM? 2006 was the first year Sirius added more members than XM and it's hard to say with a straight face that it was anything other than Howard Stern as the main reason. I am a huge O&A fan too. Big one but it is what it is.

I don't think the difference in how they count for subscribers (to which was the case prior than 1/06) is significant enough to change matters.

I think the status of FM now is more than a valid reason to go to Satellite radio which is why I did.

RhodyYanksFan
01-20-07, 11:39 PM
I think your point about FM is true, but that being said, why did Sirius' subscription totals DOUBLE from January 2006 until today?

Because when they were at 2.5 million, it's easier to double then XM which was at 5.5 million at the start of the year.

Sirius might have gotten more subs in 2006, but in their biggest quarter ever (4Q 2005) right before Howard came, they only outsold XM by about 75,000. Small numbers in the grand scheme of things.

yankeesAZ
01-20-07, 11:49 PM
Because when they were at 2.5 million, it's easier to double then XM which was at 5.5 million at the start of the year.

Sirius might have gotten more subs in 2006, but in their biggest quarter ever (4Q 2005) right before Howard came, they only outsold XM by about 75,000. Small numbers in the grand scheme of things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_Satellite_Radio

"Sirius currently has fewer subscribers compared to competitor XM Satellite Radio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM_Satellite_Radio), with 6.024 million (as of January 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2), 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007)), less than XM's current audience of roughly 7.6 million (as of January 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_5), 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007)). However, Sirius is gaining new subscribers at a faster rate than XM. In 2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006), Sirius added a record 2.7 million net subscribers, [1] (http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=224031&cat=&newsroom=) to XM's less than 1.7 million [2] (http://xmradio.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=press_releases&item=1409)."

YankeePride1967
01-21-07, 07:41 AM

So you are saying that the 2.7 million members in 2006 were there because FM stinks and not because of Howard. I'm sorry but Sirius got more new subscibers in 2006 and it was primarily because of Stern. If it was FM and nothing to do with Stern as you seem to be saying, why didn't equal amount go to XM (or as was the case prior to 2006 more to XM?) They outsold XM but the point is they never did before 2006 and what else other than Stern would cause that?

effdamets
01-21-07, 10:17 PM
So you are saying that the 2.7 million members in 2006 were there because FM stinks and not because of Howard. I'm sorry but Sirius got more new subscibers in 2006 and it was primarily because of Stern. If it was FM and nothing to do with Stern as you seem to be saying, why didn't equal amount go to XM (or as was the case prior to 2006 more to XM?) They outsold XM but the point is they never did before 2006 and what else other than Stern would cause that?
XM added Opra....... :lol:

RhodeyYankee2638
01-21-07, 10:29 PM

They also gave Stern something like $250 mil in stock options for pulling in more subrscribers than originally projected

YankeePride1967
01-22-07, 07:15 AM
They also gave Stern something like $250 mil in stock options for pulling in more subrscribers than originally projected

True and that's a separate issue whether or not it's that great a deal when all the payout is considered (I don't know if it is or isn't) but the sudden jump in members is very largely due to Stern.

AMYanks
01-22-07, 08:36 PM
It was great to hear the return of Artie's Jon Hein impression today. :lol:

tdel23
01-23-07, 09:47 AM
did anyone hear Beattlejuice this morning? yikes was he depressed or what.

SubwayFanatic
01-23-07, 11:04 AM
did anyone hear Beattlejuice this morning? yikes was he depressed or what.

I laughed my ass of when Howard said something to Robin like, "You look at Beetlejuice and think everything is great. But I guess it is not."

tdel23
01-23-07, 11:47 AM
I laughed my ass of when Howard said something to Robin like, "You look at Beetlejuice and think everything is great. But I guess it is not."

LOL yeah that was a great line.

effdamets
01-23-07, 11:51 AM
The phony phone calls to the chess show were pretty good this morning too!

tdel23
01-23-07, 01:27 PM

oh I missed that, I'll have to catch that on the replay show.

KLJ
01-23-07, 01:29 PM
the best part is listening to artie and howard laugh their ass off as they listen to those phony calls..

NelsonMuntz
01-23-07, 01:40 PM
oh I missed that, I'll have to catch that on the replay show.
I missed it too. I'll have to tune in later. Sal and Richard's prank phone calls have become my favorite part of the show.

tdel23
01-23-07, 01:49 PM
I missed it too. I'll have to tune in later. Sal and Richard's prank phone calls have become my favorite part of the show.

mine too...I love when they call those public access shows...the hosts get so pissed.

NelsonMuntz
01-23-07, 05:24 PM
mine too...I love when they call those public access shows...the hosts get so pissed.
I know, it's absolutely hysterical.

SubwayFanatic
01-23-07, 07:18 PM
Like I said before, the show has been on fire the last 10 days or so.

I think toward the end of last year they were just going through the motions and they were a little slow out of the gate this year. But damn, it's been funny as of late.

AMYanks
01-23-07, 09:49 PM
The show has been great lately, but today was one of the best shows in a while. Between Artie getting pissed at Howard at the beginning, to Sal throwing up and crapping his pants at Penn Station, the Benjy-Richard stunt, depressed Beetle, phony phone calls, Artie's weasing and Tiny calling, and a lot more. Great show.

However, the line of the day came from Artie impersonating Lisa G. on the wrap-up show, when they were talking about Beetlejuice freaking out over Lisa G. shoving the microphone in his face in the hallway.

"Beetlejuice said he wanted to come on my face!"
"No, uh, Lisa, we have the tape... he actually said that he likes turtles."
"No, he said come on my face!"
"No, he said 'I like turtles.'"
"Well, whatever, I'm just going to take this to human resources now."

tdel23
01-24-07, 08:38 AM
Janice Dickinson is out there huh?

effdamets
01-24-07, 12:09 PM
Janice Dickinson is out there huh?
Very annoying guest today....

On the other hand, I'm listening to a replay over the internet and Artie's monologue about what he ate yesterday has me laughing so hard I'm crying!
How does one human being put that much food, let along junk food, into his stomach? Holy sh*t!

SubwayFanatic
01-24-07, 12:44 PM
Another funny show today.

Who knew that Bigfoot was such a brilliant musician?

KLJ
01-24-07, 01:56 PM

i am listening to the replay right now.. i am laughing so hard i'm crying here at the office.. bigfoot is the best whack-packer of all time..

AMYanks
01-24-07, 09:55 PM
http://fredswrong.com/

JDPNYY
01-24-07, 09:57 PM

He coudn't sing one line and he starts yelling at his bandmates for ruining the gig.

I laughed for 20 minutes straight.

JDPNYY
01-24-07, 09:58 PM

That's great.

tdel23
01-25-07, 08:41 AM

that is great...I get a kick out of the robinswrong.com site..some of the stuff though they really nitpick at.

I don't like when Artie isn't on the show like today.

SubwayFanatic
01-25-07, 09:34 AM
I don't like when Artie isn't on the show like today.

Where was Artie today? Sick? Or was it one of those, "Artie's gotta do what Artie's gotta do" days?

yankeesnum1
01-25-07, 09:48 AM
Where was Artie today? Sick? Or was it one of those, "Artie's gotta do what Artie's gotta do" days?Yes, Artie called in sick today

Is anyone else getting tired of Eric The Midget and Johnny Fratto, or is it just me?

SubwayFanatic
01-25-07, 10:00 AM
Yes, Artie called in sick today

Is anyone else getting tired of Eric The Midget and Johnny Fratto, or is it just me?

I don't mind Eric The Midget. Could not care less about Johnny Fratto.

I am a bit tired of Ralph calling in five times a day.

Bro Jackhammer
01-25-07, 10:02 AM
Today's phony phonecall by Richard where he doubled and tripled his own voice literally had me crying with laughter.

yankeesnum1
01-25-07, 10:12 AM
I don't mind Eric The Midget. Could not care less about Johnny Fratto.

I am a bit tired of Ralph calling in five times a day.
I couldn't agree more with you about Ralph.

Today's phony phonecall by Richard where he doubled and tripled his own voice literally had me crying with laughter.

OMG that was funny, he is one funny dude

tdel23
01-25-07, 10:15 AM
I agree about Ralph, I can't stand him...but I can't get enough of eric the midget, i'm fascinated by him.

yankeesAZ
01-25-07, 10:36 AM
I agree about Ralph, I can't stand him...but I can't get enough of eric the midget, i'm fascinated by him.

Every show needs a good villian and Ralph fills that role well.

effdamets
01-25-07, 10:38 AM
The problem with Ralphie Cakes is that he comes across with his 'expert opinions' and he doesn't do sh*t for a living!

To me, sometimes he's entertaining and sometimes he's annoying.

yankeesAZ
01-25-07, 10:50 AM
The problem with Ralphie Cakes is that he comes across with his 'expert opinions' and he doesn't do sh*t for a living!

To me, sometimes he's entertaining and sometimes he's annoying.

That's true and that's what makes him a good villian. He annoys the hell out of me, but that's exactly why he is on the show.

He revels in the fact that he is a mooch.

NelsonMuntz
01-25-07, 12:01 PM
Agree completely. I'm actually a Ralph fan.

Octoberbaby
01-25-07, 12:30 PM

I agree about Ralph. I never liked him. He makes a career out of hanging onto celebrities.

SubwayFanatic
01-25-07, 12:34 PM
Agreed on Ralph. He annoys me, but I can't turn the radio off when he is on.

Did you guys hear him trying to talk sports the other day? Good lord.

Octoberbaby
01-25-07, 01:08 PM
Agreed on Ralph. He annoys me, but I can't turn the radio off when he is on.

Did you guys hear him trying to talk sports the other day? Good lord.

He thinks he is an expert on everything!

AMYanks
01-25-07, 04:35 PM
On one hand, I don't like it when Artie's not there because he's funny and adds an element to the show. But on the other hand, I kind of liked it today because it felt like old times. Howard and Robin as the only ones with the open mics to talk at any time, no one talking over one another, Benjy kind of playing the more prevalent "Jackie" role with Artie not there.

Either way, today proved that the show can be great with or without Artie.

Octoberbaby
01-25-07, 04:49 PM
On one hand, I don't like it when Artie's not there because he's funny and adds an element to the show. But on the other hand, I kind of liked it today because it felt like old times. Howard and Robin as the only ones with the open mics to talk at any time, no one talking over one another, Benjy kind of playing the more prevalent "Jackie" role with Artie not there.

Either way, today proved that the show can be great with or without Artie.

I like Artie but like the show better without him.

AMYanks
01-25-07, 05:07 PM

Me too, it was maybe my favorite phony phone call ever by Richard.

yankeesAZ
01-25-07, 11:09 PM
So did anyone hear the Penthouse Pet talk about how she has been with twin guys for 3 1/2 years? She is getting married to both of them (but legally to one) That was some crazy sh*t!

Octoberbaby
01-25-07, 11:11 PM
So did anyone hear the Penthouse Pet talk about how she has been with twin guys for 3 1/2 years? She is getting married to both of them (but legally to one) That was some crazy sh*t!

Sounds just like the Barbie Twins and Ken Wahl. They were on Howard a few years back talking about it.

yankeesAZ
01-25-07, 11:56 PM
Sounds just like the Barbie Twins and Ken Wahl. They were on Howard a few years back talking about it.

These brothers shared ex-gfs also. They just don't want to be apart.

Octoberbaby
01-26-07, 01:02 AM
These brothers shared ex-gfs also. They just don't want to be apart.

It was the same with the Barbie twins. But the one who was married to him got tired of sharing after awhile.

AMYanks
01-26-07, 01:03 AM
For those of you who care about the SternFanNetwork wars (Jessica Hahn's thread vs Johnny Fratto/Eric The Midget's Thread), Eric The Midget was banned by Mutt tonight. :lol:

It's so funny how this has actually become a major "story" on the actual show.

yankeesAZ
01-26-07, 01:05 AM
For those of you who care about the SternFanNetwork wars (Jessica Hahn's thread vs Johnny Fratto/Eric The Midget's Thread), Eric The Midget was banned by Mutt tonight. :lol:

It's so funny how this has actually become a major "story" on the actual show.

That board is ruthless and brutal, but fun to look at it.

SubwayFanatic
01-26-07, 09:34 AM
Today's Master Tape Theater was awesome. Does anyone know what year that was from?

yankeesAZ
01-26-07, 09:39 AM
Today's Master Tape Theater was awesome. Does anyone know what year that was from?

Dec 7, 1994

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-26-07, 10:19 AM
Dec 7, 1994

Weird, I swear my radio said September 1999 on it today.

tdel23
01-26-07, 10:53 AM

yeah my S50 had Sept. 1999 also

yankeesAZ
01-26-07, 10:57 AM

That was on my Sirius Widget Tuner on the CPU. When I use my Stiletto today I'll see what date it gives me.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-26-07, 11:06 AM
That was on my Sirius Widget Tuner on the CPU. When I use my Stiletto today I'll see what date it gives me.

Dec 7, 1994 is right i'm pretty sure. The broadcasted date was wrong.

tdel23
01-26-07, 11:10 AM

i'm listening online now and it says Dec. 7, 1994

AMYanks
01-26-07, 12:18 PM
Yep, the suicide jumper was definitely December 7, 1994.

NelsonMuntz
01-26-07, 06:02 PM
Yep, the suicide jumper was definitely December 7, 1994.
That was definitely one of the defining moments of Howard's career.

Octoberbaby
01-26-07, 06:33 PM
That was definitely one of the defining moments of Howard's career.

Is that the guy who said he was going to end his life by jumping off a bridge? And then Howard talked him out of it. I think I heard that a zillion times on the old Best Of shows. If I remember that guy was a pain in the butt.

yankeesAZ
01-26-07, 07:00 PM
Dec 7, 1994 is right i'm pretty sure. The broadcasted date was wrong.

On my radio it did say Sept, 1999 (but Dec on the cpu), but Howard was describing this as a "good Christmas Story" plus they played clips of Stuttering John getting booted from Denise Brown's press conferrence, which was great.

The suicide jumper was classic Stern. I never got to hear the whole thing and it was great. I still have to listen to the press conferrence, which is already hiliarious the way Howard is prepping his statements along with the woman who stopped the guy.

Howard is a hero! :D

AMYanks
01-26-07, 07:08 PM
I watched the Suicide Jumper episode on Howard TV a few weeks ago. They even have the press conference. Penny Crone looked pretty much the same, though. ;)

AMYanks
01-29-07, 06:54 PM
According to Zolar on SFN, Andrea (Miss Howard Stern) got married to some landscaper who still lives with his parents. :lol:

SubwayFanatic
01-29-07, 07:27 PM
According to Zolar on SFN, Andrea (Miss Howard Stern) got married to some landscaper who still lives with his parents. :lol:

I give this marriage about three months.

She is so freaking annoying.

nhyankeefan
01-29-07, 09:42 PM
I haven't been listening to the show, but I just saw before and after pictures of Artie. Is he trying to eat himself to death? It's scary how much weight he's gained since last year, must be close to 50 pounds.

Octoberbaby
01-29-07, 09:52 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Octoberbaby
01-29-07, 09:55 PM
I haven't been listening to the show, but I just saw before and after pictures of Artie. Is he trying to eat himself to death? It's scary how much weight he's gained since last year, must be close to 50 pounds.

Well Artie has said that he has a death wish and doesn't expect to live long. Poor guy is bent out of shape because of what happened to his father.

SubwayFanatic
01-29-07, 10:09 PM

I could be mistaken, but I think it's even more than 50 pounds. He is very close to 300 now.

AMYanks
01-29-07, 10:17 PM
When he came back after getting off heroin, he was a little over 200 pounds. Now he's at 300.

Unreal. :lol:

yankeesAZ
01-29-07, 10:33 PM
The news of the day was clearly the bust at Scores:eek:!!!

Howard was explaining to Beth that "he never participated in these activities!":D

Octoberbaby
01-29-07, 11:10 PM

Howard was explaining to Beth that "he never participated in these activities!":D

Yea, right!!!

tdel23
01-30-07, 08:27 AM
Artie out sick again today....I hope he really is sick and not back on the Heroin.

nhyankeefan
01-30-07, 08:30 AM
When he came back after getting off heroin, he was a little over 200 pounds. Now he's at 300.

Unreal. :lol:

So he's gained almost 100 pounds in 6 months? That's about .5 pounds a day, it's insane.

SubwayFanatic
01-30-07, 08:46 AM
Artie out sick again today....I hope he really is sick and not back on the Heroin.

He probably really is sick, but the cynical part of me is saying that there is more to this story.

yankeesnum1
01-30-07, 09:02 AM
Staring to sound like SFN around here about Artie

AMYanks
01-30-07, 11:42 AM
Between the sick days, the sunglasses, nodding off during the show, etc., there is reason to be suspicious.

Octoberbaby
01-30-07, 12:04 PM
Artie is hell bent on being self destructive! :(

NelsonMuntz
01-30-07, 12:54 PM

Shoot I missed it. What happened?

tdel23
01-30-07, 01:17 PM
Shoot I missed it. What happened?

Undercover police arrested seven dancers on prostitution-related charges yesterday at the Scores adult night club in Manhattan, police said.

Dancers told undercover officers that rooms were available at the West 28th Street club that could be rented and used to engage in sexual acts, police said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nyscor265067361jan26,0,3227489.story

Octoberbaby
01-30-07, 06:34 PM
Undercover police arrested seven dancers on prostitution-related charges yesterday at the Scores adult night club in Manhattan, police said.

Dancers told undercover officers that rooms were available at the West 28th Street club that could be rented and used to engage in sexual acts, police said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nyscor265067361jan26,0,3227489.story

No big surprise there! Wasn't Christian Slater involved in being caught in one of those rooms? If my memory serves me wasn't Ben Affleck involved in that when he was still with JLo?

AMYanks
01-30-07, 08:40 PM
Hopefully Blue Iris is okay after her stroke. First time Steve Langford interrupts the show for "breaking news", and it's about Blue Iris.

I'll be honest, I thought Artie was going to rehab or something. :lol:

yankeesnum1
01-31-07, 07:58 AM
Artie out sick again :scared:
I really want to believe that he's sick and not back on the junk

tdel23
01-31-07, 08:30 AM
Artie out sick again :scared:
I really want to believe that he's sick and not back on the junk

I hope he is sick too....have you seen this site?

http://artiesondrugs.com/

effdamets
01-31-07, 08:40 AM
Well, hopefully Artie has that bad stomach bug going around. I really hope he hasn't fallen off the wagon!

On a better note, Yucko's interview today was pretty funny....
(about Artie) - "I didn't know heroin had so many calories!"
(about Artie) - "He's gone from a wop to a Whopper!"

tdel23
01-31-07, 10:15 AM
wow Yucko's girlfriend isn't too bad...

http://www.howardstern.com/archive.hs?h=1003

yankeesnum1
01-31-07, 10:37 AM
I hope he is sick too....have you seen this site?

http://artiesondrugs.com/
I heard H100 News talk about it, but I haven't been there yet

Octoberbaby
01-31-07, 01:03 PM
Well, hopefully Artie has that bad stomach bug going around. I really hope he hasn't fallen off the wagon!

On a better note, Yucko's interview today was pretty funny....
(about Artie) - "I didn't know heroin had so many calories!"
(about Artie) - "He's gone from a wop to a Whopper!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

effdamets
02-01-07, 07:45 AM
First, I'm glad to hear Artie's voice and his being OK.

Second... I'm so tired of Sal the stockbroker.... When is Howard going to fire that pr*ck?!!!!

tdel23
02-01-07, 08:32 AM
very good to hear Artie back today.

yankeesnum1
02-01-07, 10:53 AM
First, I'm glad to hear Artie's voice and his being OK.

Second... I'm so tired of Sal the stockbroker.... When is Howard going to fire that pr*ck?!!!!
I agree, it was great hearing Artie's voice this morning.

I also agree about Sal. IMO, he should have been fired a few mornings ago when he admitted that he makes horse sounds about Beth O in his stand up

SubwayFanatic
02-01-07, 11:19 AM
I think Sal, just like Ralph, is there because he annoys people.

AMYanks
02-01-07, 04:57 PM
For those who heard Langford's report this morning about Petey Green... here's a clip of Howard's appearence on his show back from his DC101 days.

Quality isn't too good, but great to watch regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3S3qx-lXUo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVI0ODVje_E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG61Z8z8NxM

AMYanks
02-01-07, 06:42 PM
Saw this posted on SFN; nice to see some people on terrestrial radio still give Howard some respect. Most of the clip is just yelling between these guys, but a few Howard mentions for the markets he put together in the morning.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/the-dog-house-vs-oa-mp3.html

tdel23
02-02-07, 11:55 AM
wasn't a big fan of the Mastertape theater today. I kind of miss the Friday show a little.

yankeesAZ
02-02-07, 10:34 PM
wasn't a big fan of the Mastertape theater today. I kind of miss the Friday show a little.

When was it today? I didn't bother since I had a ton of shows to catch up on this week via the Stiletto.

NelsonMuntz
02-03-07, 11:03 AM
When was it today? I didn't bother since I had a ton of shows to catch up on this week via the Stiletto.
It was one of the old SuperBowl parties. Maybe '92?

SubwayFanatic
02-03-07, 11:20 AM

Pretty sure it was around then. Howard made mention of the fact that he was 38 (I think) so that seems about right.

AMYanks
02-03-07, 12:25 PM
January 24, 1992.

Octoberbaby
02-03-07, 01:59 PM

I found those Superbowl parties boring.

IntangiblesRule
02-03-07, 02:01 PM
I found those Superbowl parties boring.

I thought the better show was always the day after the Super Bowl when they resolved their bets and talked about how mad their wives were.

Octoberbaby
02-03-07, 02:10 PM
I thought the better show was always the day after the Super Bowl when they resolved their bets and talked about how mad their wives were.

Me, too!

tdel23
02-05-07, 10:30 AM
good to hear that Artie made in back in one piece from Vegas and got some action too!!

AMYanks
02-05-07, 05:39 PM
I thought the phone call by Richard a few weeks ago when he doubled and tripled his voice was his best... but today, he topped it. Speeding up his voice, one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

tdel23
02-06-07, 08:46 AM
I thought the phone call by Richard a few weeks ago when he doubled and tripled his voice was his best... but today, he topped it. Speeding up his voice, one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

they replayed that today, that was so funny.

SubwayFanatic
02-06-07, 07:29 PM
I really don't understand Eric The Midget. Now this guy wants to get roasted? Good lord, he is way too sensitive for that. He would get destroyed.

AMYanks
02-06-07, 09:42 PM
I think, if he agreed to do it, the ultimate roast would be Dice.

yankeesnum1
02-07-07, 08:01 AM
How about that Crazy Cabbie bomb shell this morning! :eek:
Howard is PO at him, BIG TIME and I don't blame him. Cabbie is a tool

tdel23
02-07-07, 09:04 AM

dam i missed it..what happened?

I did hear the slow adults vs. porn stars bit and Bob Levy could be the dumbest person on the planet.

NelsonMuntz
02-07-07, 09:27 AM
dam i missed it..what happened?

I did hear the slow adults vs. porn stars bit and Bob Levy could be the dumbest person on the planet.
I missed it too. Anyone?

Levy is an absolute moron. How could you not know three continents? And Crackhead Bob + Miss Howard Stern on the same segment = 100% pure comedy.

yankeesAZ
02-07-07, 10:31 AM

More PO'd than Howard was at Ronnie yesterday?

tdel23
02-07-07, 11:16 AM
I missed it too. Anyone?

Levy is an absolute moron. How could you not know three continents? And Crackhead Bob + Miss Howard Stern on the same segment = 100% pure comedy.

I got this from SFN....

Well, the details are finally out and Cabbie did participate in a porno shoot in Howard's studio between Ron Jeremy & Tabitha Stevens. Howard obviously feels betrayed and Cabbie has several times in the past denied that this porno shoot ever took place.

Cabbie said that howard OK'd the prono shoot and he quoted this from www.MarksFriggin.com (http://www.marksfriggin.com/)

yankeesnum1
02-07-07, 11:19 AM
More PO'd than Howard was at Ronnie yesterday?
IMO, yes
Cabbie let Ron Jeremy and some other adult porn stars use his old studio at K-Rock for a movie. Ron had sex with some lady on Howards chair
It would shock me if we hear Cabbie back on the air

SubwayFanatic
02-07-07, 12:15 PM
What is the deal with Levy? Is he just really stupid? Is he mentally challenged?

b-ball-lunachick
02-07-07, 01:04 PM
dang I bet Howard was hysterical this morning with the Astronut chick..I miss him! :(

Octoberbaby
02-07-07, 01:37 PM
IMO, yes
Cabbie let Ron Jeremy and some other adult porn stars use his old studio at K-Rock for a movie. Ron had sex with some lady on Howards chair
It would shock me if we hear Cabbie back on the air

If they really did it on Howard's chair I doubt Howard will have anything more to do with Cabbie. Howard was so good to Cabbie, too, and he never deserved it.

Octoberbaby
02-07-07, 01:38 PM
dang I bet Howard was hysterical this morning with the Astronut chick..I miss him! :(

Me too! Would love to hear what he had to say about this one!

SubwayFanatic
02-07-07, 02:11 PM

Have you thought about getting Sirius? Well worth the 13 or so bucks a month, IMHO.

AMYanks
02-07-07, 05:22 PM
"Bob, spell prophet."

"Phoret."

Artie: You're a Dodo bird. How do you function?

Next time:

"Spell prophet."

"Porfit."

Artie: You just asked him the same f**king question, and he got it wrong again.

That was hillarious. So was Crackhead Bob explaining what Neil Armstrong is famous for. And the Asian girl saying what "feline" is... the whole game was brilliant. :lol:

AMYanks
02-07-07, 05:34 PM
By the way, if there was any chance of Cabbie coming back on the show, that went out the window. He had a total meltdown on SFN, and posted stills from the tape that he said he destroyed, and was gloating about it.

Click this link to see the pic: http://i1.tinypic.com/2l9ryft.jpg
GRAPHIC PIC. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE SOMETHING OBSCENE

yankeesnum1
02-07-07, 07:41 PM
I was listening to the replay and Cabbie AND Ron both said that Cabbie was never in the studio. That picture says other wise, don't it!!

Octoberbaby
02-08-07, 05:52 PM
I really wish I had Sirius now. I would love to hear what Howard has to say about Anna Nicole Smith turning up dead. Oh, I forgot he probably won't be on tomorrow. By Monday it may be old news.

tdel23
02-08-07, 06:03 PM
I really wish I had Sirius now. I would love to hear what Howard has to say about Anna Nicole Smith turning up dead. Oh, I forgot he probably won't be on tomorrow. By Monday it may be old news.

yeah going to have to wait until Monday...tomorrow is a Master Tape Theater from 1998.

Octoberbaby
02-08-07, 06:06 PM
yeah going to have to wait until Monday...tomorrow is a Master Tape Theater from 1998.

Howard was the first one to say that there was something strange about the way that Howard K. Stern was trying to control Anna Nicole.

AMYanks
02-09-07, 11:43 AM
According to Howard 100 News, Jeff The Drunk was fired from his grocery store after the store changed owners.

He had the job much longer than anyone thought, atleast. :lol:

AMYanks
02-09-07, 11:47 AM
Also, Mutt (owner of SFN) said that Howard will have a big announcement on Monday that involves SFN/the internet. No one knows exactly what yet, but the early rumors are that it's either a live online video stream of the show, or the Howard TV on demand service will become available online (which is good for satellite subscribers).

SubwayFanatic
02-09-07, 03:53 PM
When was today's Master Tape Theater from? Was that really from 1998?

Seems like I was just listening to that live like it was yesterday. Damn.

AMYanks
02-09-07, 04:10 PM
Today's MTT was from July 23, 1998.

Also, on Bubba's show, Cabbie called in and admitted on air that he did infact have sex in Howard's studio (which we all knew from the pictures HE posted).

yankeesnum1
02-09-07, 08:07 PM
According to Howard 100 News, Jeff The Drunk was fired from his grocery store after the store changed owners.

He had the job much longer than anyone thought, atleast. :lol:
Weren't the new owners in the studio about a month ago saying that Jeff's job was safe?

AMYanks
02-09-07, 09:29 PM
Weren't the new owners in the studio about a month ago saying that Jeff's job was safe?

I don't think so. I remember Jeff calling in within the last week or two saying that they found out that new owners would be taking over.

AMYanks
02-09-07, 10:30 PM
I'm really looking forward to the debut of the "Spotlight" series on Howard 101. Especially the first episode, "The Billy West Years". Billy even did stuff for the show. One step closer to him finally coming back on the show live for an interview. I've always felt that the years Billy was on the show ('90-'95 full time) were the best years in Stern show history. All of his voices were great. When he left, that was a huge loss.

SubwayFanatic
02-09-07, 10:47 PM
I don't think so. I remember Jeff calling in within the last week or two saying that they found out that new owners would be taking over.

I think Jeff said that the store would have new owners, but felt like his job would still be safe. I could be wrong though.

AMYanks
02-09-07, 11:35 PM
I think Jeff said that the store would have new owners, but felt like his job would still be safe. I could be wrong though.

He did say that, but I don't think he said he was told by them that it was safe, he was just assuming. The old owners gave him a job only because they were fans of the show. It's not like a door opener is vital to the store's success. :lol:

moose35fan
02-10-07, 04:17 PM
When did cabbie get out of prison? I haven't heard his show since it went on sirus.