PDA

View Full Version : The Howard Stern Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Octoberbaby
05-16-09, 06:51 PM
1. i do believe artie has a mean streak. this isn't the first time he has let it show.

2. i do not fell sorry for gary in the least. he should have never thrown out the 1st pitch in the 1st place. he throws like a girl. (yea, yea, call me sexist)

I am glad you agree with me on Artie. It seems like a lot of people do not see the mean streak in Artie.

As for Gary, I think he just froze. He was thinking he was going to fail so much that he brought about exactly what he feared the most. It was a self fulfilling prophecy and he definitely needs a Sports Psychologist, but for more than one session.

Octoberbaby
05-19-09, 07:30 PM
Not to belabor it but Larry King made a better throw at the Yankee game this weekend than Gary and he is ancient! :lol:

b-ball-lunachick
06-09-09, 10:47 AM
I haven't heard the show too much lately...this morning I heard part of Artie's poem to his new girlfriend...she was born in 1984? I thought he was getting back with Dana? :confused:

Octoberbaby
06-09-09, 07:50 PM
I haven't heard the show too much lately...this morning I heard part of Artie's poem to his new girlfriend...she was born in 1984? I thought he was getting back with Dana? :confused:

Artie is f***ed up! He is getting on my nerves more and more lately. The way he attacks all the guests is getting old.

CyYoung4Vazquez
06-11-09, 01:15 PM
Was today the Jillian Barbarie show? She was on all morning and now is dominating the wrapup show. It's real annoying.

Octoberbaby
06-11-09, 01:28 PM
Was today the Jillian Barbarie show? She was on all morning and now is dominating the wrapup show. It's real annoying.

She is really annoying! Howard gives her all the attention because she talks about him incessantly which gives him a lot of publicity. All I know is when she constantly brings up Howard on her show I just cringe because what does that have to do with her show? It is such a**kissing I can't take it! And remember how she got herself an invitation to Howard's wedding by saying on her own show how she thought she was going to be invited to Howard's wedding?

yankeesAZ
06-12-09, 10:06 PM
Artie is gonna give to Gary on Monday after this game.

Octoberbaby
06-13-09, 03:11 AM
Artie is gonna give to Gary on Monday after this game.

I can't wait! :lol: (Even though I feel sorry for poor Gary.)

yankeesAZ
07-17-09, 09:48 PM
A year and half to go in his contract.

Is Howard going to retire?

Have to admit, I still can't get a read either way. On one end, he just doesn't seem that into the show, but perhaps he is just wrangling with the early negotiation process. Clearly, he is not going to get the same contract no matter what.

IMO, it may be time. I still enjoy his show, but even I have to admit it's not what it once was. This is like watching Joe Montana play for the Chiefs. There are brief flashes of the legend, but it was nothing like watching him on the Niners.

Octoberbaby
07-17-09, 11:51 PM

Have to admit, I still can't get a read either way. On one end, he just doesn't seem that into the show, but perhaps he is just wrangling with the early negotiation process. Clearly, he is not going to get the same contract no matter what.

IMO, it may be time. I still enjoy his show, but even I have to admit it's not what it once was. This is like watching Joe Montana play for the Chiefs. There are brief flashes of the legend, but it was nothing like watching him on the Niners.

Also, like watching Mickey Mantle in his heyday vs. his latter years. His heart is just not in it.

NelsonMuntz
07-18-09, 11:22 AM

IMO, there is no chance he extends his contract. Enjoy the next year and a half. As far as the quality of his show these days, eh, I agree it's not quite the same as it once was, but Howard at 70% is still better than anything on terrestrial radio.

Octoberbaby
07-18-09, 03:10 PM
IMO, there is no chance he extends his contract. Enjoy the next year and a half. As far as the quality of his show these days, eh, I agree it's not quite the same as it once was, but Howard at 70% is still better than anything on terrestrial radio.

Agree with that! I just don't like all the time filler stuff on his show now. He plays endless Sal and Richard bits over and over again just to kill time not to mention Lisa G and Steve Langford. All of that is designed to give Howard less time on air. But like you said, when he is on air he is still great. I also do think he has lost some of his bite as he evolves as a person which is reflective of who he is today but it was more interesting when he was married to Alison and had more angst.

JDPNYY
07-18-09, 03:42 PM
Agree with that! I just don't like all the time filler stuff on his show now. He plays endless Sal and Richard bits over and over again just to kill time not to mention Lisa G and Steve Langford. All of that is designed to give Howard less time on air. But like you said, when he is on air he is still great. I also do think he has lost some of his bite as he evolves as a person which is reflective of who he is today but it was more interesting when he was married to Alison and had more angst.

Even with Howard off on Fridays and all the filler you mentioned, he is on the air live more each week than when he was on terrestrial radio. When he was on KRock, there was over 20 minutes of commercials per hour.

Plus now that they replay the days show all day long you can catch what you miss in the morning later in the day - like on the drive home from work.

yankeesAZ
07-18-09, 06:52 PM
Even with Howard off on Fridays and all the filler you mentioned, he is on the air live more each week than when he was on terrestrial radio. When he was on KRock, there was over 20 minutes of commercials per hour.

Plus now that they replay the days show all day long you can catch what you miss in the morning later in the day - like on the drive home from work.

Don't really have a problem with Fridays off, but it was more on how deceptive he was in the beginning about it, not to mention he is on tape saying what a "disservice it is to the listeners to do that".

He's earned his time off and good for him. Just be a little more upfront about it. On the plus side, it is terrific you get to listen to the show whenever you want.

Anyway the time off isn't the issue, it's him. He just doesn't have the same fire and energy he once had since his first year on Sirius. Still "Hamptons Howie" is still better than anything else on radio.

YankeeFaninATL
07-31-09, 09:53 AM
I am suprised that you people still listen to him. When I realized the fraud and the liar that he really is I cancelled my sirius.

jeterdaman
07-31-09, 09:54 AM
I am suprised that you people still listen to him. When I realized the fraud and the liar that he really is I cancelled my sirius.

Fraud? Liar? Explain please.

I have XM so I don't listen to him anymore.

KLJ
07-31-09, 10:23 AM
you just joined this site and bumped this thread? me thinks someone has a secret identity

SubwayFanatic
07-31-09, 10:26 AM
you just joined this site and bumped this thread? me thinks someone has a secret identity

His secret identity is OpieAndAnthony'sNo.1Fan.

NelsonMuntz
07-31-09, 10:27 AM
*Yawn* I listen to Howard because I find his show entertaining. I have no idea why you are claiming that he is a "fraud" and a "liar", nor do I care.

YankeeFaninATL
07-31-09, 10:47 AM
Lets just say that Hamptons Howie is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

RhodyYanksFan
07-31-09, 10:50 AM
His secret identity is OpieAndAnthony'sNo.1Fan.

Silly goose. Opie & Anthony fans have XM, not Sirius.

Octoberbaby
07-31-09, 12:53 PM
Lets just say that Hamptons Howie is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

Why don't you explain what you mean rather than make innuendos with no facts?

YankeeFaninATL
07-31-09, 01:07 PM
Why don't you explain what you mean rather than make innuendos with no facts?

Ok

Hamptons Howie on working Fridays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBAxylbVuzU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQotSF93es

Hamptons Howie used to make fun of Charles Grodin all of the time for wearing a Toupee. Well guess who is wearing a wig now. Just like the pot calling the kettle black.

Hamptons Howie used to make fun of Don Imus all of the time for having a younger wife and plugging her charity work. Well guess who has a much younger wife now and cannot stop talking about NSAL. Hmmmmmmmmmm it's Hamptons Howie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxmTpkWyGrA

Here you can listen to Hamptons make fun of how egotistical it is of Imus back in 1995 to have Imus News. Well guess who came up with the bright idea to have Howard Stern News on Sirius in 1996. Why it's Hamptons Howie the biggest liar and Hypocrite ever.

Listen to the one minute mark of the last youtube link. Hamptons Howie wants to hear about Imus's wife emptying his bank account and running off to Mexico with a guy her own age. Then he makes fun of how she is to sleep and make love to Imus. Hmmmm didn't Hamptons just recently admit that him and Yoko sleep in different beds? Did Hamptons just admit that Yoko doesn't like to have sex with him.

I have to give Stern one bit of credit. He was able to lie and bs to his fans and make a billion dollars off of it. The real reason why I cancelled my Sirius sub is because I grew to hate him. We are in an economic depression and this guy comes on the air and complains at 7 in the morning about how much he hates working, how he cannot wait to retire and how tough his job is. The hypocrite makes 100 million a year, works 4 hours a day tops, 4 days a week, for 35-40 weeks a year. While he has 3 day weekends, 12-14 weeks of vacation. He cries about how tough his job is while people are killing themselves to put food on the table and a roof over their head.

KLJ
07-31-09, 02:36 PM
Ok

now some of that was pretty funny... he can definitely be called a hypocrite..

i still enjoy the show and i think he is still entertaining so i will keep listening

Octoberbaby
07-31-09, 06:27 PM
Ok

Hamptons Howie on working Fridays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBAxylbVuzU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQotSF93es

Hamptons Howie used to make fun of Charles Grodin all of the time for wearing a Toupee. Well guess who is wearing a wig now. Just like the pot calling the kettle black.

Hamptons Howie used to make fun of Don Imus all of the time for having a younger wife and plugging her charity work. Well guess who has a much younger wife now and cannot stop talking about NSAL. Hmmmmmmmmmm it's Hamptons Howie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxmTpkWyGrA

Here you can listen to Hamptons make fun of how egotistical it is of Imus back in 1995 to have Imus News. Well guess who came up with the bright idea to have Howard Stern News on Sirius in 1996. Why it's Hamptons Howie the biggest liar and Hypocrite ever.

Listen to the one minute mark of the last youtube link. Hamptons Howie wants to hear about Imus's wife emptying his bank account and running off to Mexico with a guy her own age. Then he makes fun of how she is to sleep and make love to Imus. Hmmmm didn't Hamptons just recently admit that him and Yoko sleep in different beds? Did Hamptons just admit that Yoko doesn't like to have sex with him.

I have to give Stern one bit of credit. He was able to lie and bs to his fans and make a billion dollars off of it. The real reason why I cancelled my Sirius sub is because I grew to hate him. We are in an economic depression and this guy comes on the air and complains at 7 in the morning about how much he hates working, how he cannot wait to retire and how tough his job is. The hypocrite makes 100 million a year, works 4 hours a day tops, 4 days a week, for 35-40 weeks a year. While he has 3 day weekends, 12-14 weeks of vacation. He cries about how tough his job is while people are killing themselves to put food on the table and a roof over their head.

What else is new? You just realized that Howard is a hypocrite? He has always held himself to a different standard than he hold everyone else. So what? Why should I or anyone care so much? As long as the show is funny I will still listen.

Octoberbaby
08-05-09, 02:34 AM
On a different note, I lost my Sirius Stiletto 100. I still have the old one but the battery is no good. Does anyone know where I could get a new extended play battery for the Stiletto 100?

JDPNYY
08-05-09, 06:59 AM
On a different note, I lost my Sirius Stiletto 100. I still have the old one but the battery is no good. Does anyone know where I could get a new extended play battery for the Stiletto 100?

I've heard good things about this Company (TSS Radio):

http://www.tss-radio.com/

Here is a link to their battery section:

http://www.tss-radio.com/advanced_se...ywords=battery (http://www.tss-radio.com/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=ecb305f4742020002c770b8cf6209ad6&keywords=battery)

CyYoung4Vazquez
08-05-09, 02:08 PM
Vacation weeks suck. Makes my work week take forever. The programming is so piss poor.

Just wish they would do a wack pack week. Hank Monday; Elegant Elliot Tuesday; Elephant Boy Wednesday; Beet Thursday.

Octoberbaby
08-05-09, 03:34 PM
I've heard good things about this Company (TSS Radio):

http://www.tss-radio.com/

Here is a link to their battery section:

http://www.tss-radio.com/advanced_se...ywords=battery (http://www.tss-radio.com/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=ecb305f4742020002c770b8cf6209ad6&keywords=battery)

Thanks for the response. It is what I was afraid of. They say it is discontinued. What do they expect people with Stiletto 100s to do?

NelsonMuntz
08-06-09, 01:16 PM
YankeeFaninATL, just curious, where is the proof that Howard wears a wig? I know there was some speculation about this a few years ago but I never heard anything definitive.

Mantle'sMutt
08-06-09, 01:25 PM
YankeeFaninATL, just curious, where is the proof that Howard wears a wig? I know there was some speculation about this a few years ago but I never heard anything definitive.

He flipped it years ago.

RhodyYanksFan
08-06-09, 04:42 PM
So is he off this entire month?

YankeeFaninATL
08-06-09, 06:40 PM

55 Years old with a full head of Jet Black hair and doesn't show a hairline. It's either a wig or a Donald Trump combover.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444183&page=10

NelsonMuntz
08-06-09, 10:05 PM
55 Years old with a full head of Jet Black hair and doesn't show a hairline. It's either a wig or a Donald Trump combover.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444183&page=10
LOL, that's your proof ... 12 pages of pure speculation from the nitwits on stern fan network? Disappointed.

Octoberbaby
08-07-09, 02:47 AM
So is he off this entire month?

I think it is just three weeks.

Does anyone know if the Howard Stern shows can be downloaded anywhere online? I lost the shows from the week of July 20 when I lost my Stiletto.

RhodyYanksFan
08-07-09, 11:26 AM
I think it is just three weeks.

Does anyone know if the Howard Stern shows can be downloaded anywhere online? I lost the shows from the week of July 20 when I lost my Stiletto.

:lol: Just three weeks. It's so frustrating that he gets all the press and prestige at that company when he's really a part time worker. I know he brought a hell of a lot of people to satellite but the company promotes and caters to him way too much at the cost of other shows.

I know you people think O&A are dumb but since coming to satellite they've changed a lot. Give them a shot these 3 weeks while Howard is off. They rarely do "shock jock" stuff anymore. They hardly have any recurring bits. They can and do have intelligent discussions and debates with all types of people (download the 7/22 show all about the healthcare debate). They work 5 days a week and have the normal 3-4 vacations weeks a year. It's been proven they're up there with Howard in terms of listenership, yet SXM contiually promotes Howard and the likes of Oprah and Eminem (who are obligated to do 4 hours of radio a year) over them.

October - I'm sure you can find torrents of Howard's show in mp3 format. Just google around.

YankeeFaninATL
08-07-09, 11:50 AM
I was watching a youtube clip of the Howard Stern show circa 93/94 and they had the best Jackie impressions. Anthony was one of the contestants. Pretty funny.

Octoberbaby
08-07-09, 05:34 PM
:lol: Just three weeks. It's so frustrating that he gets all the press and prestige at that company when he's really a part time worker. I know he brought a hell of a lot of people to satellite but the company promotes and caters to him way too much at the cost of other shows.

I know you people think O&A are dumb but since coming to satellite they've changed a lot. Give them a shot these 3 weeks while Howard is off. They rarely do "shock jock" stuff anymore. They hardly have any recurring bits. They can and do have intelligent discussions and debates with all types of people (download the 7/22 show all about the healthcare debate). They work 5 days a week and have the normal 3-4 vacations weeks a year. It's been proven they're up there with Howard in terms of listenership, yet SXM contiually promotes Howard and the likes of Oprah and Eminem (who are obligated to do 4 hours of radio a year) over them.

October - I'm sure you can find torrents of Howard's show in mp3 format. Just google around.

I am sorry, I meant to say two weeks. I believe it is two weeks in July and two weeks in August.

Octoberbaby
08-12-09, 10:12 PM
I am sorry, I meant to say two weeks. I believe it is two weeks in July and two weeks in August.

I guess I was wrong about the two weeks in August because Howard was on live this week. He did take two weeks in July but I guess it is just one week in August.

JDPNYY
08-12-09, 10:17 PM
I guess I was wrong about the two weeks in August because Howard was on live this week. He did take two weeks in July but I guess it is just one week in August.

He takes 10 weeks per year and has done so for years & years. Nothing has changed.

Despite being off on Friday each week, he does more hours broadcasting on the air now than when he was on KRock... due to far less commercial time per day now.

With replays of his show all day, you can listen to something missed in the morning later in the day. For me, I can listen to the show on my way home from work and 98% of the time it's a different part of the show than what I listened to on the way in.

When he is on vacation, I make it a point to listen to other shows on the radio. Nothing is as entertaining. I hope Sirius ponies up enough dough to renew him for another 5 years.

Octoberbaby
08-13-09, 01:50 AM
He takes 10 weeks per year and has done so for years & years. Nothing has changed.

Despite being off on Friday each week, he does more hours broadcasting on the air now than when he was on KRock... due to far less commercial time per day now.

With replays of his show all day, you can listen to something missed in the morning later in the day. For me, I can listen to the show on my way home from work and 98% of the time it's a different part of the show than what I listened to on the way in.

When he is on vacation, I make it a point to listen to other shows on the radio. Nothing is as entertaining. I hope Sirius ponies up enough dough to renew him for another 5 years.

On terrestrial radio Howard did not take off for 10 weeks out of the year. I listened to him for many years and he takes more vacation now. Not that I fault him for it, he's earned more time off, IMO. But he does take more now that he is at Sirius.

RhodyYanksFan
08-13-09, 06:48 AM

If they do that they'll go bankrupt.

Octoberbaby
08-14-09, 01:15 PM
If they do that they'll go bankrupt.

Sadly, that is the Catch 22. What Howard needs to do is pony up by accepting less for the good of the company.

yankeesAZ
08-15-09, 01:36 PM

It's a good point that a lot of people forget about being able to listen to the show anytime 24/7. In the terrestrial days, if you missed the show, that's it. Now you can listen on the way home from work, at night, whatever.

My only problem with him taking Fridays off was he was never really upfront about it and he himself did speak out against doing such a thing.

At least this time, he is openly talking about doing 2-3 days week.

I will still keep the service regardless of what happens. Living out west, there is not much choice in radio stations once you get away from the cities. I'm not into programming an ipod. I also enjoy Mad Dog Radio, regardless of who is talking at the time. It's like listening to sports talk, but minus 20 minutes of or very frequent commercials.

YankeeFaninATL
08-20-09, 06:28 PM

Thats bs and you know it. Howard has about 20-25 minutes at the very least of filler each hour. If not up to 30 minutes an hour. Commercials, plugs, prank phone calls that are complete bs. etc. Lets not forget that the last hour of the show Hamptons spends the whole entire time saying AER Anything Else Robin. He is become lazy and unmotivated

JDPNYY
08-20-09, 06:35 PM
Thats bs and you know it. Howard has about 20-25 minutes at the very least of filler each hour. If not up to 30 minutes an hour. Commercials, plugs, prank phone calls that are complete bs. etc. Lets not forget that the last hour of the show Hamptons spends the whole entire time saying AER Anything Else Robin. He is become lazy and unmotivated

I'm sorry you don't like the show.

YankeeFaninATL
08-21-09, 08:54 AM
I'm sorry you don't like the show.

Anything Else JDP errrrr Robin

SubwayFanatic
08-21-09, 11:19 AM
Anything Else JDP errrrr Robin

I don't get why people point to the "Anything else Robin?" as a sign that Howard is lazy. He used to say that during the terrestrial days as well.

Octoberbaby
08-21-09, 12:36 PM
I don't get why people point to the "Anything else Robin?" as a sign that Howard is lazy. He used to say that during the terrestrial days as well.

But not as often. He sounds as if he is rushing through the news and not listening to it. I have to agree with that even though I do like the show.

CyYoung4Vazquez
08-24-09, 09:13 AM
Grrr. This sucks.

Vacations aside, the programming is horrible. They play the same BS History of Howard Stern or mammary lane crap.

Octoberbaby
08-24-09, 11:32 AM
Grrr. This sucks.

Vacations aside, the programming is horrible. They play the same BS History of Howard Stern or mammary lane crap.

I guess I was correct after all, it is two weeks in August as well as July. I guess we can expect this to go through Labor Day. :( Luckily, I was behind a week in my listening, I have 4 shows left to listen to on my Stiletto and some time now to catch up.

Octoberbaby
08-26-09, 01:19 AM
In my last post, after realizing Howard was on vacation, I thought of joking about I wonder what important person will die during this vacation since it seems like it always happens when he is on vacation. Then I thought better of it. And now it turns out that Teddy Kennedy passed away. Eerie.

YankeeFaninATL
08-26-09, 09:32 AM
On sternfannetwork they have a running death pool.

yankeesAZ
08-26-09, 11:09 PM
How many here who are Stern fans, would keep the service if he left?

I still would, Stern or not.

Octoberbaby
08-27-09, 01:59 AM

At this point I am too heavily invested to give it up. I lost my Sirius Stiletto 100 a few weeks ago. That was the one they gave me when mine was giving me trouble. So, when I lost it I asked them to activate the old one (which was OK all along I found out) and deactivate the lost one. I had to buy a new battery for it though. Well, today I dropped that one and it hit square onto the spot where the earphones are plugged in and broke the plug so I was back to square one without a radio. I called Sirius and ended up buying a Stiletto 2 plus home kit, altogether with the 3 month service contract it cost $244. A good deal but if I count my original Stiletto, the battery I just bought for $50 plus the home kit for the old one I am in for a lot already. Howard better stay on at this rate!

Oh, and I can't listen to last weeks shows that are on my Stiletto 100. :(

SubwayFanatic
08-27-09, 11:56 AM

If Howard does leave, what do you think they will do to his stations? Do you think they will just replay old shows? Will other guys (Richard? Sal?) maybe do some programming there? Or will Howard 100 and Howard 101 go completely off the air?

Would you keep the service if there was nothing Stern related ever on Sirius again?

yankeesAZ
08-27-09, 05:22 PM
If Howard does leave, what do you think they will do to his stations? Do you think they will just replay old shows? Will other guys (Richard? Sal?) maybe do some programming there? Or will Howard 100 and Howard 101 go completely off the air?

Would you keep the service if there was nothing Stern related ever on Sirius again?

Yes, I would keep it if Stern's stations disappeared. I'm not much into taped stuff anyway.

CyYoung4Vazquez
08-28-09, 10:01 AM
I like Sirius overall. Cannot see myself going back to the regular radio. Waaay too impatient. Also get sick of my iPod sometimes. Like the variey of music programming.

Frankly I do not see Howard retiring. Maybe do 2-3 hour shows during the afternoon.

Also I admit. This week I enjoyed the tapes. Thought most of the shows were pretty funny. It was great to hear Hank yesterday.

tdel23
08-28-09, 10:44 AM

I'll still keep it...My S50 looks like its on its last legs. I sent it to Sirius and they are looking at it now...it's been a rough few days having to deal with AM/FM radio.

Octoberbaby
08-28-09, 12:41 PM
I'll still keep it...My S50 looks like its on its last legs. I sent it to Sirius and they are looking at it now...it's been a rough few days having to deal with AM/FM radio.

I didn't know that Sirius got involved in fixing your old radios. I told them on the phone my problem with my S100 and all they did was sell me a new Stiletto. All that is wrong with mine is that the input for the ear phone got broken when I dropped it.

BTW, They have some good sales on Stilettos if you log into your account on sirius.com and click on Add a Radio (or something like that). I got a good price on the Stiletto 2 along with the docking station. Also, as of yesterday when I checked their site they had reconditioned S100s for $99 which is a really good price.

YankeeFaninATL
08-28-09, 02:17 PM
I just found a website that streams his show. Lord knows I will never pay to hear him again.

Octoberbaby
08-28-09, 04:29 PM
I just found a website that streams his show. Lord knows I will never pay to hear him again.

But you have to listen to it online and can't tape it, right?

NelsonMuntz
08-28-09, 05:45 PM

I'll definitely keep it just for the music. I had Sirius before Stern came over. No chance in hell I would ever go back to terrestrial radio. BTW, I don't think there is any chance he comes back when this contract is up. He's already got one foot out the door.

yankeesAZ
08-28-09, 06:24 PM
I'll definitely keep it just for the music. I had Sirius before Stern came over. No chance in hell I would ever go back to terrestrial radio. BTW, I don't think there is any chance he comes back when this contract is up. He's already got one foot out the door.

I don't think he does either. The only possibility is a 2-3 day type of show, but he may not be willing to endure the outcry that will ensue.

It's too bad. I would have liked to see him take on the challenge of building satellite radio further, but that competitive fire doesn't seem to be there.

Octoberbaby
08-28-09, 09:44 PM
Just to let everyone know who wants to keep the service that the cost is going up as of this month. When I purchased my new radio I was informed of this. It is a fee which is almost two dollars so the cost will go to about $14.50.

CyYoung4Vazquez
09-01-09, 11:16 AM
Insane Clown Posse? Seriously Gary?

NelsonMuntz
09-01-09, 12:43 PM
For the love of God I hope Howard finally retires that horribly unfunny "Kennedy voice" bit now that Teddy has passed on. It's funny for about 10 seconds. The next two hours are a tad excessive.

yankeesAZ
09-01-09, 03:48 PM
Insane Clown Posse? Seriously Gary?

That was a "get" in 1998.

Octoberbaby
09-02-09, 01:49 AM
Is Howard on live this week or is he still on vacation? I am waiting for my new radio so I suspended my service until it gets here. I want to know if I am missing anything.

NelsonMuntz
09-02-09, 10:07 AM
Is Howard on live this week or is he still on vacation? I am waiting for my new radio so I suspended my service until it gets here. I want to know if I am missing anything.
He's live this week. I'd be surprised if he wasn't off next week.

tdel23
09-02-09, 10:29 AM
I didn't know that Sirius got involved in fixing your old radios. I told them on the phone my problem with my S100 and all they did was sell me a new Stiletto. All that is wrong with mine is that the input for the ear phone got broken when I dropped it.

BTW, They have some good sales on Stilettos if you log into your account on sirius.com and click on Add a Radio (or something like that). I got a good price on the Stiletto 2 along with the docking station. Also, as of yesterday when I checked their site they had reconditioned S100s for $99 which is a really good price.

yea i was surprised they are trying to fix it too...what they are basically doing is going to update the s50 software. I did that already but maybe I did it wrong. Thanks for the heads up on the Stiletto deals.

yankeesAZ
09-02-09, 07:52 PM

He'll probably be off Monday, but will come back and do 3 days.

Richard and Sal's prank calls to Tradio made me bust out laughing, especially the gas grill exploding.

JDPNYY
09-02-09, 10:30 PM
He'll probably be off Monday, but will come back and do 3 days.

Richard and Sal's prank calls to Tradio made me bust out laughing, especially the gas grill exploding.

Y'otta git thayt Cawler Ah Dee.

Octoberbaby
09-02-09, 11:01 PM

I got my Stiletto today so I have to get it activated by Saturday so I can record all the shows for this week.

Octoberbaby
09-04-09, 12:20 AM
BTW, this is a little off topic but does anyone have a Stiletto 2? If so, how does it rate? I just got my new one and I noticed they give you only one battery. I preferred having two so I could charge one while using the other one. So I would be interested in anyone else's opinions of it.

Octoberbaby
09-29-09, 01:27 AM
Is Howard on vacation all this week or just for the Jewish Holiday on Monday?

YankeeFaninATL
09-29-09, 10:19 AM
Is Howard on vacation all this week or just for the Jewish Holiday on Monday?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You really had to ask?

GordonGecko
09-29-09, 10:35 AM
what are Stern's ratings like since he moved to invisible radio

YankeeFaninATL
09-29-09, 11:29 AM
what are Stern's ratings like since he moved to invisible radio

He probably has at most 1 million listeners. Nobody cares about his show anymore. The only people who get sirius now are new car buyers and they get it for free for a year and then cancel. Sirius is losing listeners left and right.

Octoberbaby
09-29-09, 05:05 PM
He probably has at most 1 million listeners. Nobody cares about his show anymore. The only people who get sirius now are new car buyers and they get it for free for a year and then cancel. Sirius is losing listeners left and right.

And you know this, how? I don't have a new car and I subscribe.

yankeesAZ
09-29-09, 05:38 PM
And you know this, how? I don't have a new car and I subscribe.

The post is partially correct:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/09/10/5-reasons-to-worry-about-sirius-xm.aspx

I'm going to throw some numbers at you. See if you can guess what they are:

2006: 3.2 million
2007: 4.4 million
2008: 6.1 million Net subscriber additions? You wish. Howard Stern fans who have migrated to satellite radio? Not quite. We're looking at the number of combined Sirius and XM subscribers who cancelled their service.

As great as satellite radio may be, 6.1 million accounts -- more than a third of its base at the start of 2008 -- deactivated. Some listeners can't pay. Some simply won't.

The trend is only getting worse, with 3.3 million cancellations through the first six months of 2009. Sirius bulls may dream of covering the continent with activated receivers, but the harsh reality is that 17 million subscribers have walked away over the past 3 1/2 years.

Over the past year, the percentage of new car buyers who choose to pay for Sirius or XM service after their free trials expire has shrunk from 50.6% to 44.4% (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/08/06/4-answers-from-sirius-xm.aspx).

However, there's a reason why the net retail subscriber base at Sirius XM peaked in 2007 -- a year before the overall sub count petered out: There are too many aural alternatives outside of the car. Who wants to pay $15 a month for a home-docked satellite radio solution, when Internet radio offers deeper dives into genres and programming?

BUT:

"No matter what you may think of the randy free-thinker, his impact on satellite radio is undeniable. He transformed Sirius Satellite Radio from underdog to top dog in the eventual Sirius-XM merger.

However, Stern's five-year contract is up at the end of next year. Some will argue that he will never return to terrestrial radio, where he entertained a larger but less lucrative audience.

I agree, but why is that the only option? Stern isn't getting any younger, and he has certainly amassed the wealth to retire now while he can still enjoy it. He can also strike out on his own. It's telling that Stern's contract didn't make his two Sirius channels available on Apple's App Store platform. Technology has evolved to the point where he can launch his own premium Internet radio offering."

YankeeFaninATL
09-29-09, 06:33 PM
It's telling if you know where you look you can listen to his station for free. Nobody is going to pay for his show again and nobody is going to keep Sirius when he is no longer there. That company is as dead as a door nail when he retires or leaves. If Stern comes back I picture it being a 2 week a month 1-4 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday deal.

Sirius stock dropped all the way down to 5 cents a couple of months ago. Last time I checked it was around 50 cents.

Octoberbaby
09-29-09, 10:49 PM

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/09/10/5-reasons-to-worry-about-sirius-xm.aspx

2008: 6.1 millionNet subscriber additions? You wish. Howard Stern fans who have migrated to satellite radio? Not quite. We're looking at the number of combined Sirius and XM subscribers who cancelled their service.

As great as satellite radio may be, 6.1 million accounts -- more than a third of its base at the start of 2008 -- deactivated. Some listeners can't pay. Some simply won't.

The trend is only getting worse, with 3.3 million cancellations through the first six months of 2009. Sirius bulls may dream of covering the continent with activated receivers, but the harsh reality is that 17 million subscribers have walked away over the past 3 1/2 years.

Over the past year, the percentage of new car buyers who choose to pay for Sirius or XM service after their free trials expire has shrunk from 50.6% to 44.4% (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/08/06/4-answers-from-sirius-xm.aspx).

However, there's a reason why the net retail subscriber base at Sirius XM peaked in 2007 -- a year before the overall sub count petered out: There are too many aural alternatives outside of the car. Who wants to pay $15 a month for a home-docked satellite radio solution, when Internet radio offers deeper dives into genres and programming?

BUT:

"No matter what you may think of the randy free-thinker, his impact on satellite radio is undeniable. He transformed Sirius Satellite Radio from underdog to top dog in the eventual Sirius-XM merger.

However, Stern's five-year contract is up at the end of next year. Some will argue that he will never return to terrestrial radio, where he entertained a larger but less lucrative audience.

I agree, but why is that the only option? Stern isn't getting any younger, and he has certainly amassed the wealth to retire now while he can still enjoy it. He can also strike out on his own. It's telling that Stern's contract didn't make his two Sirius channels available on Apple's App Store platform. Technology has evolved to the point where he can launch his own premium Internet radio offering."

I have to admit I am getting a little disgusted with Sirius. Just yesterday and today my brand new Stiletto 2 deleted 8 of the last Howard Stern shows I had in my library. That is the last two weeks of shows that I hadn't gotten a chance to listen to yet. I bought the radio on the phone on Aug 27 so I am 3 days over the 30 days I have to return it for a refund. So I was on the phone with Sirius for 3 hours today just getting a run around. The best they are offering me is to get a re-conditioned Stiletto in replacement for my brand new one! I said no thanks! I called my credit card company and started a dispute and we will see what happens.

I like Howard and I would miss listening to him but I am sick of getting inferior equipment which the company will not stand behind and the customer service sucks. If they do not help me I will quit, Howard or no Howard!

YankeeFaninATL
09-30-09, 03:29 AM
I have to admit I am getting a little disgusted with Sirius. Just yesterday and today my brand new Stiletto 2 deleted 8 of the last Howard Stern shows I had in my library. That is the last two weeks of shows that I hadn't gotten a chance to listen to yet. I bought the radio on the phone on Aug 27 so I am 3 days over the 30 days I have to return it for a refund. So I was on the phone with Sirius for 3 hours today just getting a run around. The best they are offering me is to get a re-conditioned Stiletto in replacement for my brand new one! I said no thanks! I called my credit card company and started a dispute and we will see what happens.

I like Howard and I would miss listening to him but I am sick of getting inferior equipment which the company will not stand behind and the customer service sucks. If they do not help me I will quit, Howard or no Howard!

Just tell Sirius that you are going to cancel your sub. I bought a Stiletto 2 Christmas of 2007. I had terrible reception on it. I ended up just listening to the Stern show online. I ended up cancelling in July of 2008. Sirius would call me 2-3 times a week offering me deals. The main deal they would offer is buy 1 month get 2 months free. A customer rep asked me on the phone why I got rid of Sirius. I told her it's because the Stiletto 2 didn't work properly. She asked me if I still had it and I told her no I sold it off. She then told me that they would have replaced it for me.

Octoberbaby
09-30-09, 01:14 PM
Just tell Sirius that you are going to cancel your sub. I bought a Stiletto 2 Christmas of 2007. I had terrible reception on it. I ended up just listening to the Stern show online. I ended up cancelling in July of 2008. Sirius would call me 2-3 times a week offering me deals. The main deal they would offer is buy 1 month get 2 months free. A customer rep asked me on the phone why I got rid of Sirius. I told her it's because the Stiletto 2 didn't work properly. She asked me if I still had it and I told her no I sold it off. She then told me that they would have replaced it for me.

At this point I would just like to return it and get my money back because how can I be sure a new replacement wouldn't act up as well. It seems to be the norm not the exception for their products to be faulty. Adding insult to injury I checked and the price of the Stiletto 2 is now $50 less than what I paid for it one month ago. Ouch!

RhodyYanksFan
09-30-09, 02:19 PM
It's telling if you know where you look you can listen to his station for free. Nobody is going to pay for his show again and nobody is going to keep Sirius when he is no longer there. That company is as dead as a door nail when he retires or leaves. If Stern comes back I picture it being a 2 week a month 1-4 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday deal.

Sirius stock dropped all the way down to 5 cents a couple of months ago. Last time I checked it was around 50 cents.

Believe it or not, there are those of us who have XM and don't like Howard. I hate how he gets credit for virtually ever subscriber. I drive a lot and just having the commercial free music and not dealing with finding stations whenever I go on a road trip is worth the $12 a month. It's a premium service that I happily pay for.

You all know I prefer O&A over Howard. They're the reason I got XM originally. However, since 2004 I've gotten so used to the uncensored and commercial free music that even if O&A left I wouldn't cancel. Listening to terrestrial radio is out of the question. So until there's a way to get internet radio streamed to my car I'm sticking with satellite.

yankeesAZ
09-30-09, 09:11 PM
Believe it or not, there are those of us who have XM and don't like Howard. I hate how he gets credit for virtually ever subscriber. I drive a lot and just having the commercial free music and not dealing with finding stations whenever I go on a road trip is worth the $12 a month. It's a premium service that I happily pay for.

You all know I prefer O&A over Howard. They're the reason I got XM originally. However, since 2004 I've gotten so used to the uncensored and commercial free music that even if O&A left I wouldn't cancel. Listening to terrestrial radio is out of the question. So until there's a way to get internet radio streamed to my car I'm sticking with satellite.

He doesn't deserve credit for every subscriber, however XM was the dominant company before Howard arrived. By the time the merger arrived Sirius was.

Their customer service does suck. Also the lack of available equipment or ability to have both XM and Sirius stations is frustrating. There's no reason we shouldn't have the ability to get MLB and Stern with our current equipment when we do actually get some XM stations now.

Octoberbaby
10-01-09, 12:22 PM
He doesn't deserve credit for every subscriber, however XM was the dominant company before Howard arrived. By the time the merger arrived Sirius was.

Their customer service does suck. Also the lack of available equipment or ability to have both XM and Sirius stations is frustrating. There's no reason we shouldn't have the ability to get MLB and Stern with our current equipment when we do actually get some XM stations now.

Also their equipment is glitchy. I had weird problems with my Stiletto 100 and now again with the Stiletto 2 which I got because I thought it would be more evolved than the other one.

Octoberbaby
10-01-09, 12:28 PM

I called their main offices and spoke to someone who agreed to give me a refund if I send the unit back or send me a brand new replacement. After being on the phone with their customer service two days straight for hours I had just had it and I opted to just get my money back. I kept thinking that after a year Howard would not be there anymore and I would be stuck with the expensive Stiletto I would not use anymore. Now I have no radio and no subscription. So, if you know how I can get the show for free online please PM me and let me know how it is done.

yankeesAZ
10-01-09, 04:06 PM
I called their main offices and spoke to someone who agreed to give me a refund if I send the unit back or send me a brand new replacement. After being on the phone with their customer service two days straight for hours I had just had it and I opted to just get my money back. I kept thinking that after a year Howard would not be there anymore and I would be stuck with the expensive Stiletto I would not use anymore. Now I have no radio and no subscription. So, if you know how I can get the show for free online please PM me and let me know how it is done.

Can't blame you. I'm using the Stiletto One until it dies.

Octoberbaby
10-01-09, 04:25 PM
Can't blame you. I'm using the Stiletto One until it dies.

I hear you. I would have done the same but I lost one Stiletto 100 and then, since I had a backup I went to that one only to drop it! I broke the input for the earphones so I can't listen to it even though it still works in every other way. So I broke down and bought the Stiletto 2 only to have it start to act up! I have had really bad luck so I just gave up.

YankeeFaninATL
10-01-09, 05:04 PM

iliketoSHOUTandCASTaspellon.COM thensearchforHOWARD100or101

YankeeFaninATL
10-03-09, 04:02 PM
Does Jonah Falcon have an account on here? I remember seeing him on another Yankees message board. He is the one who does Talking Yankees and gets pranked called all the time by Richard and Sal.

SubwayFanatic
10-04-09, 06:57 AM
Does Jonah Falcon have an account on here? I remember seeing him on another Yankees message board. He is the one who does Talking Yankees and gets pranked called all the time by Richard and Sal.

Yes. His screen name is "21inchesofJoy."

Octoberbaby
10-05-09, 04:59 PM
iliketoSHOUTandCASTaspellon.COM thensearchforHOWARD100or101

I tried that but it sent me to a list of Roadrunner web addresses none of which were Howard 100 or 101. What am I doing wrong?

YankeeFaninATL
10-05-09, 06:06 PM
I tried that but it sent me to a list of Roadrunner web addresses none of which were Howard 100 or 101. What am I doing wrong?

SHOUTcast .com

Hamptons Howie said that Beth wouldn't have sex with him on their anniversary because she was on the rag. Poor guy. He is worth hundreds of millions and his own "wife" wont put out.

yankeesAZ
10-05-09, 07:35 PM
SHOUTcast .com

Hamptons Howie said that Beth wouldn't have sex with him on their anniversary because she was on the rag. Poor guy. He is worth hundreds of millions and his own "wife" wont put out.

Wow. You're a bigger Hamptons Howie fan than I thought.

Octoberbaby
10-05-09, 09:09 PM
SHOUTcast .com

Thanks.

I think the party is over for Howie now that Beth has the ring on her finger. :D

YankeeFaninATL
10-05-09, 10:10 PM
Wow. You're a bigger Hamptons Howie fan than I thought.

I do not listen to the show. I just go to sternfannetwork to read about Hamptons Howie and being made fun of by his fans. It's hilarious that he married a gold digger escort and once they got married she stopped putting out.

yankeesAZ
10-05-09, 10:52 PM
I do not listen to the show. I just go to sternfannetwork to read about Hamptons Howie and being made fun of by his fans. It's hilarious that he married a gold digger escort and once they got married she stopped putting out.

If you hate him so much, why even bother?

tdel23
10-06-09, 08:22 AM

2008: 6.1 millionNet subscriber additions? You wish. Howard Stern fans who have migrated to satellite radio? Not quite. We're looking at the number of combined Sirius and XM subscribers who cancelled their service.

BUT:

wow no wonder why they gave me a free radio after my crapped out. I didn't even have to ask for it too. They must really be hurting.

tdel23
10-06-09, 08:26 AM

I don't know if I'd call Stern Fan Network his fans. Mostly just angry people posting.

YankeeFaninATL
10-06-09, 08:47 AM
I don't know if I'd call Stern Fan Network his fans. Mostly just angry people posting.

Mostly just people pointing out the truths about a Hypocrite. Remember how Hamptons Howie used to be back in the day? About how open and honest he was. The Howard Stern show used to be an angry man ranting about everything in the world. Howard used to make fun of everything/anything and took no prisoners.

tdel23
10-06-09, 10:43 AM
Mostly just people pointing out the truths about a Hypocrite. Remember how Hamptons Howie used to be back in the day? About how open and honest he was. The Howard Stern show used to be an angry man ranting about everything in the world. Howard used to make fun of everything/anything and took no prisoners.

yeah I do see your point but people do change, he isn't a 30's anymore like the classic NBC and K-Rock Days. Clearly he has lost some of his fastball, but I still think he is better then anything out there.

SubwayFanatic
10-06-09, 11:14 AM

That site is a complete joke. I mean, I am not saying that people should just worship everything Howard does ala Eric from Hoboken, but those people literally bitch about everything and anything on the show.

If those people really do listen to the show and are not just trolls, then they should seriously consider stopping listening if it makes them that angry.

YankeeFaninATL
10-07-09, 09:47 AM
Hamptons Howie got pranked yet again from Hank in Baltimore

"Is Horse sex good enough to forget about the revolution . . . . . . Hey play another Tradio call... . . . . . ."

SubwayFanatic
10-07-09, 11:30 AM
Hamptons Howie got pranked yet again from Hank in Baltimore

"Is Horse sex good enough to forget about the revolution . . . . . . Hey play another Tradio call... . . . . . ."

I get the sense you don't like Howard, huh?

CyYoung4Vazquez
10-08-09, 11:28 AM
Does John Hein bother anyone else? He really brings nothing to the table. Big deal, he made up the jump the shark site. Nothing he says about television is informative. Basically just quotes NY Post/Daily News articles verbatim.

KLJ
10-08-09, 12:19 PM
i have been a huge stern fan for a long time but i have to admit that this summer has taken it's toll on me. i know he takes several weeks of vacation every summer but i find myself not listening to him even when he is live.

oh well, i'm trying to get into these new fangled things called pod casts anyway..

YankeeFaninATL
10-08-09, 05:25 PM
i have been a huge stern fan for a long time but i have to admit that this summer has taken it's toll on me. i know he takes several weeks of vacation every summer but i find myself not listening to him even when he is live.

oh well, i'm trying to get into these new fangled things called pod casts anyway..

Several? Guy has like 12 weeks of vacation a year. He takes 2 weeks off every month over the summer.

NelsonMuntz
10-08-09, 07:01 PM

I've been a huge fan for years and I still think he's still better than anything on terrestrial radio but I essentially agree the point you're making here -- it is starting to become obvious that he is mailing it in. Sal and Richard have actually become the highlight of the show for me these days.

NelsonMuntz
10-08-09, 07:04 PM
Does John Hein bother anyone else? He really brings nothing to the table. Big deal, he made up the jump the shark site. Nothing he says about television is informative. Basically just quotes NY Post/Daily News articles verbatim.
Yes. I hate him on the wrap up show. In fact I hate everything about the wrap up show, and it's idiotic that they continue to replay it throughout the day.

YankeeFaninATL
10-12-09, 08:58 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hamptons Howie takes another day off. The guy just took a nice week long vacation the week before last and is already taking time off. How do you people put up with this nonsense? The man acts like sitting in a chair and talking for 2 hours is the most difficult thing on the planet. I get the 2 hours from minusing the tradio calls, music, commercials and other bs that gets thrown into the show.

This has been some Revolution! And no more BS!

b-ball-lunachick
10-12-09, 09:03 AM
I've been a huge fan for years and I still think he's still better than anything on terrestrial radio but I essentially agree the point you're making here -- it is starting to become obvious that he is mailing it in. Sal and Richard have actually become the highlight of the show for me these days.
Really? I can't listen to their phony phone calls..Richard schieves me out so much period, that I can't even listen to his voice at all. :D

I just got HOward back after having XM not Sirius for a few years - is the show just as great? no..but it's like a family - I'm glad to have it back and I love that I can listen to parts of the show all day long...I'm either listening to him or baseball talk. :)

b-ball-lunachick
10-12-09, 09:05 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hamptons Howie takes another day off. The guy just took a nice week long vacation the week before last and is already taking time off. How do you people put up with this nonsense? The man acts like sitting in a chair and talking for 2 hours is the most difficult thing on the planet. I get the 2 hours from minusing the tradio calls, music, commercials and other bs that gets thrown into the show.

This has been some Revolution! And no more BS!
Dude - we get it...you don't like the show. No offense but you seem a bit obsessed. :uhh:

NelsonMuntz
10-12-09, 12:52 PM
Dude - we get it...you don't like the show. No offense but you seem a bit obsessed. :uhh:
+1...

Octoberbaby
10-12-09, 05:02 PM
Really? I can't listen to their phony phone calls..Richard schieves me out so much period, that I can't even listen to his voice at all. :D

I just got HOward back after having XM not Sirius for a few years - is the show just as great? no..but it's like a family - I'm glad to have it back and I love that I can listen to parts of the show all day long...I'm either listening to him or baseball talk. :)

I'm with you, I can't stand Richard and Sal. I really don't think they have been a great addition to the show. To me the show is not as good as it once was but I do still like to listen.

Right now I have no Sirius radio and I am not so sure I want to spend a lot to get back into it because he is going off the air soon anyway.

yankeesAZ
10-12-09, 09:46 PM

He listens to the show more than we do.

Octoberbaby
10-13-09, 03:01 PM

:lol:

YankeeFaninATL
10-13-09, 10:20 PM

The last time I listened to more than 5 minutes of the show was back in June of 2008 when Artie and Bababooey went to Iraq. I'll listen to some of the prank calls every once in awhile on youtube.

tdel23
10-19-09, 09:37 AM
Artie out again. He had a "metal breakdown" What a mess he is.

YankeeFaninATL
10-19-09, 12:14 PM
Sounds like Fartie "relapsed" and is about to get fired.

SubwayFanatic
10-19-09, 01:18 PM
Sounds like Fartie "relapsed" and is about to get fired.

Are you speculating on him possibly getting fired? If not, who did you hear this from? Was it something Howard himself said?

2JAY
10-19-09, 09:38 PM
Sounds like Fartie "relapsed" and is about to get fired.I wish that he would as he sucks the life out of the show. I hope that he gets his life back together but I simply do not think that Artie adds anything to the show.

b-ball-lunachick
10-20-09, 09:14 AM
I didn't get in the car today until 8 and they were doing the whole Karaoke/Tourrette Pete thing -- what excuse if any did Artie give?

tdel23
10-20-09, 10:39 AM
I didn't get in the car today until 8 and they were doing the whole Karaoke/Tourrette Pete thing -- what excuse if any did Artie give?

He said he had what you might call a mini nervous breakdown

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#tue

Octoberbaby
10-22-09, 12:34 AM
I wish that he would as he sucks the life out of the show. I hope that he gets his life back together but I simply do not think that Artie adds anything to the show.

I am glad to find someone who agrees with me on that.

yankeesAZ
10-22-09, 04:39 PM
Howard let loose on Stuttering John and Leno this week. This is the angry Stern, I've missed for a long time.

YankeeFaninATL
10-22-09, 04:50 PM
Howard let loose on Stuttering John and Leno this week. This is the angry Stern, I've missed for a long time.

Stern is just Angry because someone from his show dared to leave and be successful while doing so. Which is also why Billy West is never mentioned.

yankeesAZ
10-22-09, 04:56 PM
Stern is just Angry because someone from his show dared to leave and be successful while doing so. Which is also why Billy West is never mentioned.

Where's John now? Billy West is mentioned all the time. Stern even ran a Billy West special on one of his vacations a while back.

Did Leno steal the "Chicken picking NFL games" or not?

b-ball-lunachick
10-22-09, 05:09 PM
Where's John now? Billy West is mentioned all the time. Stern even ran a Billy West special on one of his vacations a while back.

Did Leno steal the "Chicken picking NFL games" or not?
don't waste your breath with that guy...

Leno completely rips him off and he also didn't go about the Stuttering John thing the right way..I don't like Leno at all...and I'm' not broken up that John is off air...

Octoberbaby
10-23-09, 01:18 AM

I am sorry I missed that. Was he really coming down on John or just Leno. I have heard him go off on Leno before, no surprise there. John, however, was also at fault the way he left the show and I don't hear Howard really being honest about that.

Octoberbaby
10-23-09, 01:19 AM

Leno completely rips him off and he also didn't go about the Stuttering John thing the right way..I don't like Leno at all...and I'm' not broken up that John is off air...

Agree. John is getting what he deserves.

YankeeFaninATL
10-23-09, 11:56 PM

I am sorry but people have been doing animals picking football winners for years. Hamptons wasn't the first one to think of it.

b-ball-lunachick
11-09-09, 02:25 PM
hmm our resident Howard Hater has been banned..I wonder what he said to get the boot...seemed like an angry guy. :D

JDPNYY
11-09-09, 02:26 PM
hmm our resident Howard Hater has been banned..I wonder what he said to get the boot... :D

Pick a post, any post.

KLJ
11-09-09, 03:28 PM
i doubt he got banned for hating howard..

maybe he was just a conservative..:gulp:

yankeesAZ
11-10-09, 06:33 PM
i doubt he got banned for hating howard..

maybe he was just a conservative..:gulp:

Hating Howard? He'll fit right in at Stern Fan Network.

yankeesAZ
11-19-09, 09:39 PM
Robin is getting her ass kicked on Celebrity Jeopardy.

Octoberbaby
11-20-09, 01:41 AM
Robin is getting her ass kicked on Celebrity Jeopardy.

I saw a clip of it on the local News and it did look like she was losing. As usual she had a big smile plastered on her face to make it look like it didn't bother her. :D

RhodyYanksFan
11-20-09, 07:15 AM
Agree. John is getting what he deserves.

Why do you say that? He left a radio show to go write for the Tonight Show. How is that a slap in the face to Howard?

Octoberbaby
11-20-09, 06:27 PM
Why do you say that? He left a radio show to go write for the Tonight Show. How is that a slap in the face to Howard?

He did it in a very sneaky way. And he wasn't hired as a writer, he was hired as an announcer which is laughable to begin with.

MFLE
11-21-09, 01:10 PM
It's tha Ta-night Showww with Jaaaay Lenooooooo!

Pammaler Anderson!

Octoberbaby
11-21-09, 02:47 PM
It's tha Ta-night Showww with Jaaaay Lenooooooo!

Pammaler Anderson!

:lol:

CyYoung4Vazquez
12-03-09, 12:17 PM
If anyone cares, I'm going to be on Super Fan Round Table tonight.

b-ball-lunachick
12-03-09, 01:47 PM
If anyone cares, I'm going to be on Super Fan Round Table tonight.
you are? how cool! :) I don't have Howard TV...or is it on the replay on the radio?

yankeesAZ
01-03-10, 12:46 AM
Artie rushed to the hospital:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/02/artie-lange-hospitalized-howard-stern-show

Artie Lange was rushed to a local hospital in New Jersey today for undisclosed reasons.

A rep for Lange tells TMZ:

"I can confirm that Artie is in the hospital. Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment."

Lange has been absent from "The Howard Stern Show" for the past few weeks.

b-ball-lunachick
01-03-10, 12:04 PM

Artie Lange was rushed to a local hospital in New Jersey today for undisclosed reasons.

"I can confirm that Artie is in the hospital. Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment."

This is so sad. :( If Artie lives through this year, I'll be surprised and that upsets me because I really like him. :(

I read a rumor that Jim Breuer may take Artie's job but Howard always seems pretty supportive.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11279-Howard-Stern-Examiner~y2009m12d31-Artie-Langes-job-could-be-Jim-Breuers-new-secret-project

Octoberbaby
01-03-10, 12:58 PM

Well everyone has been absent for the last two weeks since they have been on vacation. I know Artie was absent even before that but for how long I don't recollect.

It is too bad about Artie but maybe this will be his wake up call, if he ever hits bottom it will be a miracle.

MFLE
01-07-10, 08:15 AM
Wow, so Artie apparently tried to commit suicide by stabbing himself to death. How completely messed up and sad.

b-ball-lunachick
01-07-10, 08:19 AM
Wow, so Artie apparently tried to commit suicide by stabbing himself to death. How completely messed up and sad.
one of the big bosses at my company just emailed me that info - there are a few of us who are huge Stern fans. What an awful way to try to kill yourself. Artie. :(

this is what he sent me:

Howard Stern alluded to, but did not read this morning a report from the New York Post's Page Six detailing a suicide attempt by his on-air sidekick/stand-up comedian Artie Lange.

From the Page Six item, posted early this morning:

"Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post. Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said. Lange sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges. A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the Howard Stern sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food. Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding."

At first Stern said he would read the item, then changed his mind several times before deciding not to read the Page Six item.

"I'm sorry. I just feel sick about this, I don't know what to do."

Stern talked about Lange and his situation for about 15 minutes. He referred to Lange's troubles with substance abuse (the cause of his absence from the show since early December) and reminisced about his early appearances on the show - at times sounded like he was eulogizing his sidekick, before saying "I don't want this to sound like a eulogy."

Stern said he hasn't spoken with Lange recently, and disclosed that his co-host Robin Quivers and Sirius Satellite Radio executive Tim Sabean have. </><//>"I'm just freaked out., i don't know what the hell to do," Stern said. "If Artie wants to talk to me, he'll call me. I only wish him well. I don't know what's going to be. This is just too much, too much to bear. My thoughts go to his mother and sister who I'm sure are in great pain. That's mind-blowing."

b-ball-lunachick
01-07-10, 08:20 AM
how much must you hate yourself to stab yourself in an attempt to kill yourself? even if you're under the influence...it's just sickening! :(

CoyoteYankee
01-07-10, 08:23 AM
Wow. That's intense. I hope Artie gets the help that he needs.

JDPNYY
01-07-10, 08:38 AM
Bad news.

He sure has a lot of demons.

effdamets
01-07-10, 10:44 AM
Wow. That's intense. I hope Artie gets the help that he needs.
He never will.
I love Artie, especailly what he brought to the show.
But this is his way of asking the audience to pay attention to him.
He's got the world by the balls and has no idea what to do with it.

I feel for his sister and mother.

SubwayFanatic
01-07-10, 11:35 AM
Will Artie ever come back? If so, I wonder when? If not, do they replace him?

tdel23
01-07-10, 02:12 PM
Such sad news, I hope he can overcome the demons he has. Get better Big Guy!

KLJ
01-07-10, 04:17 PM
never been a huge lange fan but this is really sad..

he is hell bent on ending his life one way or another

Octoberbaby
01-07-10, 04:24 PM
He never will.
I love Artie, especailly what he brought to the show.
But this is his way of asking the audience to pay attention to him.
He's got the world by the balls and has no idea what to do with it.

I feel for his sister and mother.

I agree with you. Artie has always been that way from the very beginning, extremely needy for attention and this, unfortunately, is his way of getting it. I thought nothing Artie could do would surprise me but this one is really over the top. I feel for his family. I feel for him but, sadly, he does not feel for himself enough to do what is necessary to get well. I don't see this ending well.

I just want to add what I have always said, that Howard and the show was enabling Artie when he really needed more honesty and tough love. Maybe that will stop now.

yankeesAZ
01-07-10, 05:35 PM
Will Artie ever come back? If so, I wonder when? If not, do they replace him?

He shouldn't. He can't handle being on the show. He needs a whole lot of time off with his family.

I don't know how Howard expected this to stay out of the papers and after years of having fun with Page Six, now someone on his show is on the receiving end and he's not happy about it.

ArodEra
01-07-10, 06:00 PM
Artie needs to get his life in order. So many demons. It's secondary, but his days as a regular on the show are probably over; word (or rumor) has it that he was either suspended or fired from the show prior to this happening. Who knows...all I know is his life was on a downward spiral. So sad. I wish him luck in life.

SubwayFanatic
01-08-10, 01:01 PM
He shouldn't. He can't handle being on the show. He needs a whole lot of time off with his family.

I don't know how Howard expected this to stay out of the papers and after years of having fun with Page Six, now someone on his show is on the receiving end and he's not happy about it.

Yeah, it was a bit stupid of Howard to act like nobody was going to report on one of the biggest names in radio attempting to kill himself.

I hate to say it, because I do like Artie, but I really think it is time they part ways.

You just know that even if Artie does come back that it will only be a matter of time before he is "sick" again.

Octoberbaby
01-08-10, 01:48 PM
Yeah, it was a bit stupid of Howard to act like nobody was going to report on one of the biggest names in radio attempting to kill himself.

I hate to say it, because I do like Artie, but I really think it is time they part ways.

You just know that even if Artie does come back that it will only be a matter of time before he is "sick" again.

I feel the same way.

SubwayFanatic
01-08-10, 04:41 PM
I feel the same way.

I really don't know if Howard will cut bait with Artie, however

It seems like he gives him a free pass.

Howard used to have no problem laying into guys like Jackie, K.C., etc., but Artie seems to get away with whatever he wants.

Octoberbaby
01-08-10, 05:37 PM

Howard used to have no problem laying into guys like Jackie, K.C., etc., but Artie seems to get away with whatever he wants.

Yeah, I really don't get it. Howard likes Artie but he doesn't realize that he is enabling him by letting him get away with things. He would really be helping Artie if he left him to his own recovery at this point.

yankeesAZ
02-07-10, 11:50 PM
Ready to hear Howard address the American Idol rumors.

My guess it's negotiation 101, but who knows. Idol is the only show that could even come close to giving him near the type of money he makes.

b-ball-lunachick
02-08-10, 09:29 AM

I think with Jackie he had a lot of anger and jealousy towards Howard so there was a much different dynamic there. Artie idolizes Howard and there was never anything that came out of anger or bitterness toward Howard or his success - I think Howard understands where a lot of Artie's problems come from with losing his dad and by all accounts, Artie is a very good guy with a lot of problems...there is a big difference there from Howard's perspective...

SubwayFanatic
02-08-10, 11:15 AM
Ready to hear Howard address the American Idol rumors.

My guess it's negotiation 101, but who knows. Idol is the only show that could even come close to giving him near the type of money he makes.

I really think there could be some truth to these rumors. Could you imagine Howard’s ego if he were on a show of that magnitude?

I guess the question is – what would happened to his radio career if he does get this gig? Is it done for good? Just on hiatus?

Yankeeah
02-08-10, 11:33 AM
I would be beyond shocked if they signed Howard.

The majority of the people that watch American Idol are females. For the premier, out of the 30 million viewers, 13.5 were women 18-34 (14 were W18-49, 15 were W25-54). Who hates Stern the most? Women!

They would need to can Ellen, and bring in a 3rd judge from the music industry. They would also need to take a hit on their squeaky clean faux image. Howard would call out the fakers (stop with the punk contestants, it's a pop show) and piss off the audience a lot.

I would be very very surprised if it happened.

jeterdaman
02-08-10, 11:34 AM
I would be shocked if Howard took the gig. He doesn't even like going out to dinner. You think he's going to travel the country for the auditions and then sit in Hollywood for 4 months? No chance.

SubwayFanatic
02-11-10, 11:48 AM
I can't believe I am saying this, but I think the show, in a lot of ways, is better without Artie.

For starters, Howard seems to have taken more control over the show and is more energetic lately than he has been in a long time.

Octoberbaby
02-11-10, 03:01 PM
I can't believe I am saying this, but I think the show, in a lot of ways, is better without Artie.

For starters, Howard seems to have taken more control over the show and is more energetic lately than he has been in a long time.

Although I liked Artie, I hated the show with Artie. He thought it was all about himself and it got annoying. Also, with Artie butting in all the time we got a lot less of Howard. As you said, now Howard is forced to be more present and it can only be good for the show. I would not want Artie to come back.

yankeesAZ
02-11-10, 05:15 PM
Ronnie is "Cupcake Man".:lol:

That first hour today was classic.

SubwayFanatic
02-12-10, 05:56 AM
Although I liked Artie, I hated the show with Artie. He thought it was all about himself and it got annoying. Also, with Artie butting in all the time we got a lot less of Howard. As you said, now Howard is forced to be more present and it can only be good for the show. I would not want Artie to come back.

Artie took over too much of the show. As you said, he was constantly butting in to every conversation.

Also, I began to hate the whole "Is he or is he not back on drugs?" discussions that started to dominate the airwaves.

tdel23
02-12-10, 09:21 AM

I agree, this week has been so classic Howard with his rants on Kathy Lee, Oprah and Ellen, plus the American Idol talk. Great week of radio.

Matrix7637
02-12-10, 12:26 PM

Totally agree.

Ronnie freaking out and Howard egging it on is classic Stern.:D

b-ball-lunachick
02-12-10, 12:37 PM

I missed it - i think i heard some of it at lunch today in the recap show with the b/w cookies...

was the deal bascially that Ronnie gets in early and takes all the cookies and cupcakes? :D

MFLE
02-12-10, 01:38 PM

Whut's ya PRAAA-blem? Whatevah. Yeah, good. Whatevah.

Matrix7637
02-12-10, 01:48 PM
I missed it - i think i heard some of it at lunch today in the recap show with the b/w cookies...

was the deal basically that Ronnie gets in early and takes all the cookies and cupcakes? :D

Quick summary:

Ronnie was getting the cupcakes first thing in the morning and saving them for certain persons at the radio station before they were eaten by other employees.

Jason called him out and wanted to know who made him the cupcake police. Howard heard about it and ran with the whole situation, telling Ronnie not to concern himself with things like that and he should look like a "beef eater guard" when doing security at the station. Not to do anything else but security.

Ronnie freaked out and almost killed Jason.

Classic Stern.

Octoberbaby
02-12-10, 02:43 PM
Artie took over too much of the show. As you said, he was constantly butting in to every conversation.

Also, I began to hate the whole "Is he or is he not back on drugs?" discussions that started to dominate the airwaves.

Artie's constant butting in seemed like part of his very needy personality. That is one of the reasons is bothered me so much. It was all about Artie trying to impress his daddy (Howard) or get all his attention. No surprise to me what happened to him. He really needed help, instead the few years he spent on the show just indulged his constant need for attention without really addressing it. That is one of the reasons that I also hated the "is he on drugs or not" discussions, because they just gave Artie the attention he was craving by doing the drugs to begin with. It became a vicious cycle which I knew was going to have a tragic ending. What is funny about that?

Octoberbaby
02-12-10, 02:46 PM
Quick summary:

Ronnie was getting the cupcakes first thing in the morning and saving them for certain persons at the radio station before they were eaten by other employees.

Jason called him out and wanted to know who made him the cupcake police. Howard heard about it and ran with the whole situation, telling Ronnie not to concern himself with things like that and he should look like a "beef eater guard" when doing security at the station. Not to do anything else but security.

Classic Stern.

I haven't gotten to listen to that show yet. It sounds really funny. Why would Ronnie put himself in charge of making sure certain people have cupcakes? Bizarre behavior!

b-ball-lunachick
02-12-10, 03:06 PM
Quick summary:

Classic Stern.

:lol: ahh thanks..I heard him playing the Whitney Houston I wil always love you from the Bodyguard this morning on the recap - trying to pump him up to be a better bodyguard. :D

was he saving them for the secretary? :D

btw - is he still married? i missed a few years when he first went to sirius. :(

Matrix7637
02-12-10, 03:31 PM
:lol: ahh thanks..I heard him playing the Whitney Houston I wil always love you from the Bodyguard this morning on the recap - trying to pump him up to be a better bodyguard. :D

was he saving them for the secretary? :D

btw - is he still married? i missed a few years when he first went to sirius. :(

Yeah, he mentioned Kevin Costner's role in the Bodyguard as a way to do security at the station. Real funny stuff, reminded me of the old days.:D

Ronnie was saving them for people that couldn't get to the delivery point (receptionist and another employee that comes in at 9am who is a buddy of Ronnie's) when the cupcake and cookie company delivered them. They only do this on Wednesdays and the staff calls it "cupcake Wednesday."

Ronnie got divorced just recently, that's why Ronnie and all the strip club stuff is funny as well.

With Artie gone they are starting to reinvent the show, I like it.

Matrix7637
02-12-10, 03:35 PM
I haven't gotten to listen to that show yet. It sounds really funny. Why would Ronnie put himself in charge of making sure certain people have cupcakes? Bizarre behavior!

If you get the chance listen to it. You won't be dissappointed. :D

ArodEra
02-13-10, 01:29 AM
The show is SO much better without Artie. It's as if Howard, Robin and Fred have this new-found energy. Howard, especially, is at the top of his game and Fred is participating more. Artie was dragging the show down.

I wish Artie all the best in life, but hope he doesn't return. And if this is Howard's last year, what better to go out than with the originals who started this incredible run - Howard, Robin and Fred.

Octoberbaby
02-13-10, 03:21 AM
The show is SO much better without Artie. It's as if Howard, Robin and Fred have this new-found energy. Howard, especially, is at the top of his game and Fred is participating more. Artie was dragging the show down.

I wish Artie all the best in life, but hope he doesn't return. And if this is Howard's last year, what better to go out than with the originals who started this incredible run - Howard, Robin and Fred.

I totally agree with you, Artie was a downer with all that stuff going on. I wouldn't mind if Howard could put aside his feelings about Jackie and have him come back for the last year. Jackie wasn't really funny but he added to the show in spite of it or maybe because of it.

b-ball-lunachick
02-13-10, 06:40 AM
It's hard for me to say or think anything bad about Artie however I wasn't thrilled that for my birthday a couple years ago, my ex had rented a limo and we all went to see Artie on new year's eve in Philly and he was so effed up, the show was not good. I didn't have sirius at the time but one of my bosses said he admitted the show was bad and that he felt bad but that didn't make it any better..he should have given us our money back. he wound up just taking drinks from the audience and didn't even do any comedy..

I still love him but that didn't sit too well with me between the cost of the tickets and the limo.

b-ball-lunachick
02-13-10, 06:41 AM
btw - i heard the Jason Ellis vs Sal pouch competition last night. :D too funny...didn't realize that was even possible to get that many m&m's in there. :D

yankeesAZ
02-13-10, 11:19 AM
The American Idol talk was great this week. The old "angry and I'm gonna destroy you" Stern came back with his tirades on Shari Shepard and Ellen.

Hopefully Artie makes a full recovery and gets his life back on track, but clearly the show has been better without him.

JeffWeaverFan
02-13-10, 09:09 PM
Well I'd prefer Artie was still on the show, as I do think he adds a good element to it, but the fact is Howard is the key to the show and as he goes, so does the show.

Octoberbaby
02-13-10, 10:34 PM
The American Idol talk was great this week. The old "angry and I'm gonna destroy you" Stern came back with his tirades on Shari Shepard and Ellen.

Hopefully Artie makes a full recovery and gets his life back on track, but clearly the show has been better without him.

Howard has definitely gotten his edge back since Artie is gone. I am just catching up listening to Tuesday's show right now. I noticed it the week before that he was in good form and it is only better in this last week's shows.

ArodEra
02-14-10, 03:49 AM
Howard has definitely gotten his edge back since Artie is gone. I am just catching up listening to Tuesday's show right now. I noticed it the week before that he was in good form and it is only better in this last week's shows.

Oh yeah! And I almost forgot how great an impersonator Howard is (of the staff, The Godfather, Ellen, Joan Rivers, etc). He's really come alive and is a better listen than he has been for years, and I'm a faithful listener.

He's reminding people just how incredible an ad-libber he is as well. It's just too bad that it had to take a tragic situation for Howard to come back to form. As much as I love the show, there's no doubt that he was becoming a little lazy (hence, the Hampton Howie label at SFN). Maybe this was a wake-up call. All I know is that Howard filling dead air is certainly funnier than what Artie provided. That's no knock on anyone really, because Howard truly is King. ;)

ArodEra
02-14-10, 04:34 AM
I totally agree with you, Artie was a downer with all that stuff going on. I wouldn't mind if Howard could put aside his feelings about Jackie and have him come back for the last year. Jackie wasn't really funny but he added to the show in spite of it or maybe because of it.

I agree about Jackie. I think Jackie had much better chemistry with Howard, Fred and Robin. Also, when the conversation went deep he could follow and chime in, whereas Artie was often lost and would blurt out curse words or "faggot" out of nowhere. Jackie knew when to chime in and when to be silent and let Howard, Fred or a guest take over. Artie seemed to always make any conversation about him. If Artie got a laugh (even an obviously fake one from Howard) he'd keep repeating that line for the entire show and for months later.

Another thing that started to turn me off about Artie was that although he worked hard to be perceived as this "everyday, working-class Jersey guy" he was really elitist and defined people by the money they made, often throwing up how rich he is to people's faces, and how much money he makes on gigs. If a teacher (or any working stiff) would call into the show and knock him, Artie would often say, "And how much money do YOU make you loser?"

As corny as Jackie's jokes can be, like you said, his being the butt of their jokes (often written by himself!) added to the show. Plus, as head writer, Jackie wrote many of the bits and continually fed Howard lines that Howard would get credit for. Artie didn't write or participate other than just sitting there and chiming in. And in the end, becoming a somewhat pathetic character.

That said, I truly hope that Artie finds love and happiness in his life.

Octoberbaby
02-14-10, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah! And I almost forgot how great an impersonator Howard is (of the staff, The Godfather, Ellen, Joan Rivers, etc). He's really come alive and is a better listen than he has been for years, and I'm a faithful listener.

He's reminding people just how incredible an ad-libber he is as well. It's just too bad that it had to take a tragic situation for Howard to come back to form. As much as I love the show, there's no doubt that he was becoming a little lazy (hence, the Hampton Howie label at SFN). Maybe this was a wake-up call. All I know is that Howard filling dead air is certainly funnier than what Artie provided. That's no knock on anyone really, because Howard truly is King. ;)

You are so right! He has just been on fire lately. I just listened to the rant he did on Oprah Winfrey. That was classic Howard! I'm loving it.

Octoberbaby
02-14-10, 02:51 PM
I agree about Jackie. I think Jackie had much better chemistry with Howard, Fred and Robin. Also, when the conversation went deep he could follow and chime in, whereas Artie was often lost and would blurt out curse words or "faggot" out of nowhere. Jackie knew when to chime in and when to be silent and let Howard, Fred or a guest take over. Artie seemed to always make any conversation about him. If Artie got a laugh (even an obviously fake one from Howard) he'd keep repeating that line for the entire show and for months later.

Another thing that started to turn me off about Artie was that although he worked hard to be perceived as this "everyday, working-class Jersey guy" he was really elitist and defined people by the money they made, often throwing up how rich he is to people's faces, and how much money he makes on gigs. If a teacher (or any working stiff) would call into the show and knock him, Artie would often say, "And how much money do YOU make you loser?"

As corny as Jackie's jokes can be, like you said, his being the butt of their jokes (often written by himself!) added to the show. Plus, as head writer, Jackie wrote many of the bits and continually fed Howard lines that Howard would get credit for. Artie didn't write or participate other than just sitting there and chiming in. And in the end, becoming a somewhat pathetic character.

That said, I truly hope that Artie finds love and happiness in his life.

I totally agree with all you said about Artie and comparing him to Jackie. Jackie was better for the show. When Artie opened his mouth all I could hear was "look at me," "listen to me," me, me, me!" It was tiresome and annoying and we are now seeing how much it took away from the show because we were not getting to hear Howard.

I also wish Artie the best but hope he does not come back on the show. It is not good for the show nor is it good for Artie. He needs to work on his recovery.

NelsonMuntz
02-15-10, 09:20 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I like Artie on the show better than Jackie. Although Jackie was a much better writer.

Octoberbaby
02-15-10, 10:31 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I like Artie on the show better than Jackie. Although Jackie was a much better writer.

Why I like Jackie better is that even though he has a lot of shortcomings, as did Artie, everyone goofed on Jackie and called him on it. Artie never paid a price for his shortcomings. If he didn't show up or threw something at someone, they were afraid to call him on it. Howard swept it all under the rug. Jackie also dished it out pretty good and they goofed back on him a lot and that was what made the show funny. Artie was either kissing Howard's butt or he was not showing up and Howard was afraid to really stand up to him about it. Oh, or he was telling long stories about drug use, gambling or what a mess his life was. What is funny about that, especially if people are afraid to be honest with him about it like they are with everyone else?

Octoberbaby
02-17-10, 11:37 PM
If you get the chance listen to it. You won't be dissappointed. :D

Thankfully I got to listen to the Ronnie Cupcake man day. The bad news is that I lost most of last Thursday's show because my Stiletto erased all my recordings. Luckily I had listened to most of it, just missed two thirds of the Thursday show. The Benicio del Toro interview was just beginning when I stopped listening to put it in the dock and record Monday's show. When I looked next there was no recording for Monday or any others that I had in there either. I am getting a little pissed because this keeps happening. I am on my third Stiletto 2. Bummer!

yankeesAZ
02-23-10, 09:11 PM
Okay, the Idol chatter was fun at first. Now he's beating a dead horse. I agreed with the lunatic caller (Dina) on that point.

NelsonMuntz
02-23-10, 09:37 PM
Why I like Jackie better is that even though he has a lot of shortcomings, as did Artie, everyone goofed on Jackie and called him on it. Artie never paid a price for his shortcomings. If he didn't show up or threw something at someone, they were afraid to call him on it. Howard swept it all under the rug. Jackie also dished it out pretty good and they goofed back on him a lot and that was what made the show funny. Artie was either kissing Howard's butt or he was not showing up and Howard was afraid to really stand up to him about it. Oh, or he was telling long stories about drug use, gambling or what a mess his life was. What is funny about that, especially if people are afraid to be honest with him about it like they are with everyone else?
I like Artie's stories.

Octoberbaby
02-23-10, 11:23 PM
I like Artie's stories.

My condolences! :D

Panamaniac42
02-23-10, 11:26 PM
Not a listener but always enjoy this...

http://deadspin.com/5478818/howard-stern-prank-caller-fools-espn

SubwayFanatic
02-24-10, 10:12 AM
Okay, the Idol chatter was fun at first. Now he's beating a dead horse. I agreed with the lunatic caller (Dina) on that point.

What did Dina say?

flymick24
02-24-10, 10:16 AM
Not a listener but always enjoy this...

http://deadspin.com/5478818/howard-stern-prank-caller-fools-espn

someone definitely got fired for that

Octoberbaby
02-24-10, 07:42 PM
What did Dina say?

That she is tired of Howard talking about American Idol. I have to say I enjoyed it when he hung up on her, like the old feisty Howard. :D

b-ball-lunachick
02-26-10, 07:15 AM
I have some of this snow coverage on the news -- as they are interviewing people from Port Authority, NJ Transit, etc - I'm just waiting for the baba-booey. :D

tdel23
03-02-10, 03:13 PM
Howard ripped Leno again today on the CBS morning show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUjdiv3TM5E&feature=player_embedded

Octoberbaby
03-02-10, 05:00 PM
Howard ripped Leno again today on the CBS morning show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUjdiv3TM5E&feature=player_embedded

Good for Howard. :)

RhodyYanksFan
03-03-10, 07:12 AM
Hoo hoo I invented everything.

tdel23
03-10-10, 09:15 AM
The Tiger Woods mistress beauty pageant was today. I heard the 1st girl interviewed. She seemed like she really liked Tiger.

b-ball-lunachick
03-10-10, 10:56 AM
The Tiger Woods mistress beauty pageant was today. I heard the 1st girl interviewed. She seemed like she really liked Tiger.
I heard that too - I think our commutes are in synch. :D

I only heard that one and I can't access his site from here..I wonder who won. I guess we'll hear in the recap..

tdel23
03-10-10, 11:45 AM
I heard that too - I think our commutes are in synch. :D

I only heard that one and I can't access his site from here..I wonder who won. I guess we'll hear in the recap..

I just went on Marksfriggin.com and the 1st Jamie won the pageant.

yankeesAZ
03-13-10, 10:13 AM
Just got around to listening to this later this week.

When you listen to all the stories in its entirety it makes Tiger look like an even bigger scumbag if that was possible.

Yankeeah
03-13-10, 10:23 AM
How, what did the girls say?

yankeesAZ
03-13-10, 01:15 PM
How, what did the girls say?

It's hard to point to one single thing, but the stories taken as a whole with small details as opposed to soundbites we got when these girls first started talking.

He was really possessive of these mistresses and would get extremely jealous when they would be at a club and they ventured more than a few feet from Tiger. He really made these girls feel like they were the "only one" he was cheating with. It was funny to hear just how much he wanted his mistresses to be "faithful" to him. Again, something we already knew, but each girl spoke for about 20 minutes or so, so you got the whole story.

His lack of tipping any waitstaff, which was already known in restaurant circles and Charles Barkley even commented on it once, but yet he would want to be treated like royalty when he dined out.

His lack of using any protection is crazy. His wife is lucky she doesn't have any diseases. We heard a little more about him being with Jamie the night his father died.

Again, nothing new and earth shattering, but when you sit an listen to all their stories, I wound up having an even worse view of him.

Octoberbaby
03-13-10, 01:20 PM
It's hard to point to one single thing, but the stories taken as a whole with small details as opposed to soundbites we got when these girls first started talking.

He was really possessive of these mistresses and would get extremely jealous when they would be at a club and they ventured more than a few feet from Tiger. He really made these girls feel like they were the "only one" he was cheating with. It was funny to hear just how much he wanted his mistresses to be "faithful" to him. Again, something we already knew, but each girl spoke for about 20 minutes or so, so you got the whole story.

His lack of tipping any waitstaff, which was already known in restaurant circles and Charles Barkley even commented on it once, but yet he would want to be treated like royalty when he dined out.

His lack of using any protection is crazy. His wife is lucky she doesn't have any diseases. We heard a little more about him being with Jamie the night his father died.

Again, nothing new and earth shattering, but when you sit an listen to all their stories, I wound up having an even worse view of him.

The thing that got me was the girl asking for financial help when she really needed it and he said no. This was after she was with him for two years and she hadn't asked him for anything before that. It was odd that he gave money to some and not to others. Also, he had these girls to his home where he lives with his wife when she was not there. He didn't need to do that.

b-ball-lunachick
03-13-10, 04:41 PM
The thing that got me was the girl asking for financial help when she really needed it and he said no. This was after she was with him for two years and she hadn't asked him for anything before that. It was odd that he gave money to some and not to others. Also, he had these girls to his home where he lives with his wife when she was not there. He didn't need to do that.
Yup, he's a major DB.

I did think it was funny when one of the girls said he asked her if she was interested in a 3-way and she said maybe if she could pick the girl..when he asked who, she said the wife and he never brought it up again. :D

yankeesAZ
03-15-10, 12:18 AM
JD, I'm pulling for you. Close the deal! :D

"Stern gave JD $5,000 to spend on Ashley anyway he wanted -- and he chose to fly out to Los Angeles for a night on the town. They went to Nobu for dinner but what we wanted to know ... what were they planning for breakfast?"

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/15/howard-stern-jd-ashle-dupre-date-video/#ixzz0iDfkZlN3

Octoberbaby
03-15-10, 03:13 AM
Yup, he's a major DB.

I did think it was funny when one of the girls said he asked her if she was interested in a 3-way and she said maybe if she could pick the girl..when he asked who, she said the wife and he never brought it up again. :D

What really got me is that he made her fly coach while he flew first class. :D

Clete
03-15-10, 05:41 AM
Hoo hoo I invented everything.

Lol.

Both Howard and O&A are taking today off for unknown reasons. Real shame, up at 6 AM just to listen to O&A and they aren't even on!

tdel23
03-15-10, 09:13 AM
JD, I'm pulling for you. Close the deal! :D

"Stern gave JD $5,000 to spend on Ashley anyway he wanted -- and he chose to fly out to Los Angeles for a night on the town. They went to Nobu for dinner but what we wanted to know ... what were they planning for breakfast?"

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/15/howard-stern-jd-ashle-dupre-date-video/#ixzz0iDfkZlN3

I hope JD closed the deal!!!

effdamets
03-15-10, 09:18 AM
I hope JD closed the deal!!!
JD has trouble closing a jar of peanut butter...

b-ball-lunachick
03-15-10, 10:24 AM
JD has trouble closing a jar of peanut butter...
:lol: it's a sin..I thought he just had sort of a goofy voice...but was super sweet and he's a really hard worker..I looked him up this weekend to see what he looked like...why are they doing this to him? I know looks aren't everything but I don't think he has much of a shot with her...poor JD. :(

effdamets
03-15-10, 01:05 PM
:lol: it's a sin..I thought he just had sort of a goofy voice...but was super sweet and he's a really hard worker..I looked him up this weekend to see what he looked like...why are they doing this to him? I know looks aren't everything but I don't think he has much of a shot with her...poor JD. :(
He does't have a shot with her. I think that is the whole point!
I agree that he's a hard worker, but he should stay off the air.
He NEVER completes a sentence, let alone a thought.

Octoberbaby
03-15-10, 03:04 PM
He does't have a shot with her. I think that is the whole point!
I agree that he's a hard worker, but he should stay off the air.
He NEVER completes a sentence, let alone a thought.

I think what she is saying is that is cruel and I agree with that. However, I also agree with you, why is he on air so much? He is annoying and this whole bit is annoying.

Octoberbaby
03-15-10, 03:05 PM
Lol.

Both Howard and O&A are taking today off for unknown reasons. Real shame, up at 6 AM just to listen to O&A and they aren't even on!
I think Howard is off this whole week. :(

Octoberbaby
03-17-10, 03:25 PM
I have been listening to the old bits this week and I have been enjoying it.