View Full Version : The Howard Stern Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

CyYoung4Vazquez
06-04-08, 09:33 AM
Lisa G is really annoying.

tdel23
06-04-08, 10:25 AM
Howard had Rosie on his show???

yeah not in studio he did a phone interview with her.

NelsonMuntz
06-04-08, 10:39 AM
Ugh, I can't stand her. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

yankeesAZ
06-04-08, 10:51 AM
While some fans may be upset about the Rosie interview, I found it interesting. This is really no surprise if you've been listening to the show for years. He went from a grudge to detente to interview. This took years to happen though.

CyYoung4Vazquez
06-04-08, 10:57 AM
While some fans may be upset about the Rosie interview, I found it interesting. This is really no surprise if you've been listening to the show for years. He went from a grudge to detente to interview. This took years to happen though.

I thought it was pretty interesting as well. She was pretty funny.

yankeesAZ
06-04-08, 11:04 AM
I thought it was pretty interesting as well. She was pretty funny.

I like the idea of giving her an hour of airtime. How much worse can it be than some of the other filler on his two stations? Other than Scott Ferrall, I don't listen to much else.

AMYanks
06-04-08, 11:19 AM
I like the idea of giving her an hour of airtime. How much worse can it be than some of the other filler on his two stations? Other than Scott Ferrall, I don't listen to much else.

Maybe if she becomes a regular, it will give them an excuse to dump Chuck Zito and his awful show since they all think he'll beat them up for telling him he sucks on the radio.

Octoberbaby
06-04-08, 08:24 PM

I'll second that!

Octoberbaby
06-04-08, 08:26 PM

I haven't listened to it yet but I am looking forward to hearing it. I also never thought this would ever happen in a million years.

AMYanks
06-04-08, 08:36 PM
Robin had a great line today for Bubba.

Bubba: "It's tough to do two shows and get thin."

Robin: "Opie and Anthony are in good shape."

That really set him off. :lol:

Octoberbaby
06-05-08, 02:15 AM
Robin had a great line today for Bubba.

Bubba: "It's tough to do two shows and get thin."

Robin: "Opie and Anthony are in good shape."

That really set him off. :lol:

Oh, she has nerve being so smug! She was fat not so long ago and she is only one bite away from another year long binge. The diet she follows is so restrictive she is bound to blow it!

CyYoung4Vazquez
06-05-08, 10:01 AM
The "scooter" prank call this morning was effing hilarious. A friend of mine knows Doug Goodstein really well. They may hook me up with a chance to play in the beat the Booey contest. Really hope I get the chance.

effdamets
06-05-08, 10:04 AM
The "scooter" prank call this morning was effing hilarious. A friend of mine knows Doug Goodstein really well. They may hook me up with a chance to play in the beat the Booey contest. Really hope I get the chance.
What hot chick are you bringing? - ya know, in case you lose... :lol:

CyYoung4Vazquez
06-05-08, 10:06 AM
Probably get a hooker. Haha. Or an intern from my office.

What hot chick are you bringing? - ya know, in case you lose... :lol:

NelsonMuntz
06-05-08, 10:19 AM
Nice. Good luck and keep us posted. I'm like an idiot savant when it comes to 80's music. I tried to convince my wife to let me take her on the show to play stump the Booey but she's not going for it. She's too afraid that I won't win and, well you know. As long as I didn't freeze up from the pressure of being on the show I'm sure I could beat Gary.

RhodyYanksFan
06-05-08, 10:33 AM
What happens if you lose?

NelsonMuntz
06-05-08, 10:45 AM
What happens if you lose?
The girl you bring has to get naked.

yankeesAZ
06-05-08, 10:59 AM
Nice. Good luck and keep us posted. I'm like an idiot savant when it comes to 80's music. I tried to convince my wife to let me take her on the show to play stump the Booey but she's not going for it. She's too afraid that I won't win and, well you know. As long as I didn't freeze up from the pressure of being on the show I'm sure I could beat Gary.

Gary is pretty good at that game.

NelsonMuntz
06-05-08, 11:08 AM
Gary is pretty good at that game.
I know but I usually beat him when playing along at home. I'm sure it's much different when you have the pressure of actually being there in person, hence my wife's reluctance to go along with the idea.

yankeesAZ
06-05-08, 12:23 PM
I know but I usually beat him when playing along at home. I'm sure it's much different when you have the pressure of actually being there in person, hence my wife's reluctance to go along with the idea.

Yeah with your wife behind the curtain and facing her wrath on the line after being viewed by the likes of Benji could put some pressure on. Not mention the cash prize.

Octoberbaby
06-05-08, 05:27 PM

I have heard that from a lot of others who have lost to Gary! They always say that they win all the time at home, but home ain't the same as being there. I would be nervous just being there in the studio, even if I weren't in a contest.

NYATLCHRIS
06-07-08, 09:28 AM
Strawberry is going to be on the show next week. I found out the other day that a girl I went to college with ended up being Miss Howard Stern TV for a month recently.

AMYanks
06-08-08, 12:32 PM
Now we know the truth behind what Ivy Supersonic was babbling about last week.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06072008/gossip/pagesix/wilting_ivy_114328.htm

IVY Supersonic - one of Howard Stern's stable of misfits who dated his writer Benjy Bronk - was busted Thursday for swindling an elderly relative, police say. Supersonic - real name, Ivy Silberstein - allegedly siphoned more than $10,000 from her 83-year-old stepmother's bank accounts. Investigators say the heavily tattooed loudmouth also ran up more than $2,500 in credit card charges after opening up accounts in her stepmom's name. She also tried but failed to secure bank loans under a false identity, sources said. Cops were tipped off by her suspicious stepbrother.

AMYanks
06-09-08, 07:39 PM
First the "Beauties", now the Wack Pack? What is the fascination with bowling? The Howard Stern Show without Jackie is a glorified morning zoo.

AMYanks
06-12-08, 08:10 PM
Emily hates Robin. Surely Howard 100 News will get to the bottom of this! :-whistle-

I'm sure it involves Howard's kids not liking Beth. Who can blame them?

yankeesAZ
06-12-08, 10:55 PM
Emily hates Robin. Surely Howard 100 News will get to the bottom of this! :-whistle-

I'm sure it involves Howard's kids not liking Beth. Who can blame them?

How does this involve Beth?

Disapppointed they did not continue that topic. Instead we got yet another "Eric from Hoboken" Howard TV plug. He's trying out for "Beat the Booey". Wanna bet he gets on the show no problems?

AMYanks
06-12-08, 11:46 PM
How does this involve Beth?

Disapppointed they did not continue that topic. Instead we got yet another "Eric from Hoboken" Howard TV plug. He's trying out for "Beat the Booey". Wanna bet he gets on the show no problems?

Whatever it is, it involves two of three variables: Beth, Alison, Howard's kids.

The collection of those three is taboo and has yet to be addressed on the show. The best "theory" I've heard is that they're still angry at Robin for not inviting them to Howard's surprise birthday party to "protect" Beth, even though at the next party Beth invited them. Robin said "Another thing passed and I couldn't get in touch with them." Thing = Party. Anytime there's some awkwardness about Beth with his "old" family, Howard quickly stops anyone from talking about it so he's not painted as some jerk who left his wife and kids for young actresses and models.

Although, Robin Givens once said that Howard's kids hate Beth, and since making those comments she hasn't been back on the show.

NYATLCHRIS
06-13-08, 12:52 AM
What happened to Strawberry? Howard said last week that Darryl was going to be on this week.

Octoberbaby
06-14-08, 03:31 AM
Whatever it is, it involves two of three variables: Beth, Alison, Howard's kids.

The collection of those three is taboo and has yet to be addressed on the show. The best "theory" I've heard is that they're still angry at Robin for not inviting them to Howard's surprise birthday party to "protect" Beth, even though at the next party Beth invited them. Robin said "Another thing passed and I couldn't get in touch with them." Thing = Party. Anytime there's some awkwardness about Beth with his "old" family, Howard quickly stops anyone from talking about it so he's not painted as some jerk who left his wife and kids for young actresses and models.

Although, Robin Givens once said that Howard's kids hate Beth, and since making those comments she hasn't been back on the show.

Which show was this on and who said it? I haven't gotten up to that show yet. I have them recorded. Also, when did Robin Givens say that? I'm assuming it was during the time I did not have Sirius since I didn't hear it. That certainly is a curious statement for Robin Givens to make! I am not surprised Howard would not have her on again after her saying that. I wouldn't doubt the veracity of it though. Children often feel jealous when their parent has a different significant other, especially girls with their father. Not to mention they are probably worried Howard will end up having a kid with Beth, even though he says he won't.

And actually, if you think about it, Howard is a jerk who left his wife and kids so he could nail actresses and models! Beth seems nice enough but she really comes off as young and naive. Alison is the one who stuck by him through thick and thin, was a mother to his kids, not to mention married him when he was broke. Would Beth have given him a second thought if he weren't famous and rich? The first thing she told her mother was I met this great guy and he is "famous."

AMYanks
06-14-08, 04:03 AM
Which show was this on and who said it? I haven't gotten up to that show yet. I have them recorded. Also, when did Robin Givens say that? I'm assuming it was during the time I did not have Sirius since I didn't hear it. That certainly is a curious statement for Robin Givens to make! I am not surprised Howard would not have her on again after her saying that. I wouldn't doubt the veracity of it though. Children often feel jealous when their parent has a different significant other, especially girls with their father. Not to mention they are probably worried Howard will end up having a kid with Beth, even though he says he won't.

And actually, if you think about it, Howard is a jerk who left his wife and kids so he could nail actresses and models! Beth seems nice enough but she really comes off as young and naive. Alison is the one who stuck by him through thick and thin, was a mother to his kids, not to mention married him when he was broke. Would Beth have given him a second thought if he weren't famous and rich? The first thing she told her mother was I met this great guy and he is "famous."

It was in the first half hour of Thursday's show. Howard was talking about his kids, and Robin said she doesn't talk to Emily and she probably won't ever repair the relationship. Howard stopped her from saying what it was about.

I don't remember whether Robin Givens said it in an interview or on the show, but I vaguely remembered her making a comment about it, and a few people mentioned it on SFN.

Octoberbaby
06-14-08, 04:17 AM
It was in the first half hour of Thursday's show. Howard was talking about his kids, and Robin said she doesn't talk to Emily and she probably won't ever repair the relationship. Howard stopped her from saying what it was about.

I don't remember whether Robin Givens said it in an interview or on the show, but I vaguely remembered her making a comment about it, and a few people mentioned it on SFN.

How bright is Robin to mention that on the air? Doesn't she know he would shut her up about that? She was probably trying to get back at Howard for asking her personal questions about her new relationship.

yankeesAZ
06-14-08, 09:44 AM
How bright is Robin to mention that on the air? Doesn't she know he would shut her up about that? She was probably trying to get back at Howard for asking her personal questions about her new relationship.

Perhaps that was her motive. Can't blame her really.

AMYanks
06-17-08, 11:59 PM
I wonder what drug Artie was on today. He was totally out of it most of the show. There's no way it was a sugar crash, it was much more severe than that.

tdel23
06-18-08, 10:09 AM
I wonder what drug Artie was on today. He was totally out of it most of the show. There's no way it was a sugar crash, it was much more severe than that.

doing drugs in the new man cave!

CyYoung4Vazquez
06-18-08, 10:47 AM
Now that they all have a ton of money, it makes it harder for me to take the show seriously. Particularly Robin. Talk about winning the lottery. She basically fell into her gig and now is a gazillionaire.

Octoberbaby
06-18-08, 05:17 PM
Now that they all have a ton of money, it makes it harder for me to take the show seriously. Particularly Robin. Talk about winning the lottery. She basically fell into her gig and now is a gazillionaire.

I don't know if she is a gazillionaire but certainly she is rich. Much richer than she would have been had she never met Howard! She really has very little talent on her own but she has a way of contributing to his craziness that works on the air with him. If she had her own talk show I would never tune in to it in a million years!

AMYanks
06-18-08, 07:07 PM

The more money she gets, the worse she gets.

Can they stop pretending Robin is the hottest thing in the world now? She's attractive... for a 55 year old. And the only thing more nauseating than that is when she says "oh stop, I look terrible" like she did today when they were talking about her pictures in that Jersey Shore magazine.

Octoberbaby
06-19-08, 01:47 AM
The more money she gets, the worse she gets.

Can they stop pretending Robin is the hottest thing in the world now? She's attractive... for a 55 year old. And the only thing more nauseating than that is when she says "oh stop, I look terrible" like she did today when they were talking about her pictures in that Jersey Shore magazine.

All the way back to when they first started out in N.Y. when Robin was fat and unattractive, Howard has been telling her how great she is! I just don't get it! She has such a big ego she definitely does not need anybody else encouraging it!

CyYoung4Vazquez
06-19-08, 09:06 AM
I'm glad that Stern is looking to take on Al Sharpton. This morning the Post had another article about his BS National Action Network.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06192008/news/regionalnews/subpoena_blitz_puts_heat_on_al_116165.htm

AMYanks
06-20-08, 01:40 AM
I'm so glad Gary books great guests like Chuck Zito, Tito Ortiz, and Dee Snider once every few months, but he passes on Seth McFarlane.

Ra-ra-retard.

yankeesAZ
06-20-08, 10:25 PM
I'm so glad Gary books great guests like Chuck Zito, Tito Ortiz, and Dee Snider once every few months, but he passes on Seth McFarlane.

Ra-ra-retard.

Ba...ba...ba..("Price is Right loser chime")....boo...

NelsonMuntz
06-21-08, 10:17 AM
Ba...ba...ba..("Price is Right loser chime")....boo...
I love that little jingle. That, and the noise Fred plays when Eric the Midget calls in. I'd really like to enter the Babba Booey song parody contest if I could think of a good one.

yankeesAZ
06-21-08, 10:32 AM
I love that little jingle. That, and the noise Fred plays when Eric the Midget calls in. I'd really like to enter the Babba Booey song parody contest if I could think of a good one.

"ACK! ACK!" :D

Be tough to come up with a Babba Booey song. Seems like all of them have been taken at some point.

Sal's parody of "I kissed a girl" was hilarious though disgusting, but that's Sal.

AMYanks
06-21-08, 11:17 AM
I'm a little nervous about the song parody contest. I remember back in the Jackie years, they would play all the entries on the air and would be honest on whether or not they sucked. This past week, every time they played a song parody, even if it was really bad Howard would sell it by saying "... I like it".

I just hope the bad ones are filtered out, and there are enough good ones (with the smaller audience) to warrant an entire contest.

Dynasties R Forever
06-22-08, 09:29 AM
Radio's two power couples: Quivertine and Antholini

http://i30.tinypic.com/9gwrx5.jpg

Howard makes 10 times more than Opie and Anthony. His girlfriend should be 10 times hotter than Lindsay (Opie's) and Jill Nicolini, and she's clearly not.

Jill is just ok looking, Beth blows her away.

NelsonMuntz
06-23-08, 01:13 PM
I'm a little nervous about the song parody contest. I remember back in the Jackie years, they would play all the entries on the air and would be honest on whether or not they sucked. This past week, every time they played a song parody, even if it was really bad Howard would sell it by saying "... I like it".

I just hope the bad ones are filtered out, and there are enough good ones (with the smaller audience) to warrant an entire contest.
Remember when they had the Jackie the Jokeman song parody contest and all of the finalists were very professionally recorded and produced with the exception of one song that was just some guy with a tamboreen chanting "Jackie is a drunk, a big stupid drunk" to the tune of "Three Blind Mice"? For some reason that really cracked me up.

AMYanks
06-23-08, 06:16 PM
Imus in trouble again. How great would it be if he gets fired again? :lol:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-06-23-don-imus_N.htm

During an on-air conversation Monday about the arrests of suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, Imus asked, "What color is he?"

Told by sports announcer Warner Wolf that Jones is "African-American," Imus responded: "There you go. Now we know."

Civil rights leader Al Sharpton has issued a statement calling the exchange "disturbing because it plays into stereotypes." He says his National Action Network will decide in the next day or so whether to take any action.

South Facing Epitaph
06-23-08, 06:45 PM
I used to listen to Stern religiously on terrestrial radio and there remains a void in his morning timeslot to this day. O&A is painful to listen to and I was thinking about ordering Sirius. Someone mentioned Stern is "basically a part-time worker," how many days a week does he broadcast?

AMYanks
06-23-08, 06:52 PM
I used to listen to Stern religiously on terrestrial radio and there remains a void in his morning timeslot to this day. O&A is painful to listen to and I was thinking about ordering Sirius. Someone mentioned Stern is "basically a part-time worker," how many days a week does he broadcast?

Monday-Thursday.

yankeesAZ
06-23-08, 11:37 PM

Mon-Thursday and the shows repeat all day long (and on weekends), so you can listen to his show anytime, anywhere.

KLJ
06-24-08, 05:33 AM
Monday-Thursday.
i'd also mention that he takes 10 weeks a year off as well.. a lot of that is during the summer..

i love the stern show but i would definately think twice before ordering sirius specifically for it..

yankeesAZ
06-24-08, 03:24 PM
i'd also mention that he takes 10 weeks a year off as well.. a lot of that is during the summer..

i love the stern show but i would definately think twice before ordering sirius specifically for it..

He used to take a lot of time off in the summer anyway and he always had a big break at Xmas. What is new is usually he takes a full week off on the holiday weeks such as Memorial Day, July 4th, President's Day, etc.

There's a couple ways of looking at it. While I wish he didn't take all that time off, I get to listen to the show like never before, especially with the radio I have that can record the entire show. Even without a radio like mine, you can hear his show at anytime, which is nice on those rough commutes in the late afternoon.

Before, if I woke up too late, maybe I got to listen to the news or if I had to work, I had to miss a good moment on the show. That was it. It airs once on terrestrial radio and its over.

If anything, I probably hear more show than I ever did when he was on terrestrial radio as not many of us have 5 consecutive hours to listen. On Friday when he is off, i still have half of Thursday show to catch up with.

Now that I have the service, I probably will still keep it Stern or not. There's plenty of stations for me to listen to (if we ever get the merger, I get MLB also). To this day, I still once in awhile instinctively flinch to change a station whenever I hear a DJ coming on after a song as I think another 10 minute of commercials are coming, but then remember another song is on the way. No way do I ever go back to terrestrial.

RhodyYanksFan
06-24-08, 03:38 PM
Been listening a bit over the past few weeks in my wife's car. I've heard him talk to Cindy Margolis, Mary McCormick, and one other celeb and all three times it was the same questions. Sex, underwear, anal, numbers, etc. He hasn't changed in 15 years. It's boring. Before you yell at me and tlel me to not listen, please fill me in as to what is entertaining or enlightening or groundbreaking about hearing him ask yet another celebrity whether they enjoy anal?

yankeesAZ
06-24-08, 04:00 PM
Been listening a bit over the past few weeks in my wife's car. I've heard him talk to Cindy Margolis, Mary McCormick, and one other celeb and all three times it was the same questions. Sex, underwear, anal, numbers, etc. He hasn't changed in 15 years. It's boring. Before you yell at me and tlel me to not listen, please fill me in as to what is entertaining or enlightening or groundbreaking about hearing him ask yet another celebrity whether they enjoy anal?

Listening to him make fun of Imus this morning was quite amusing.

YankeePride1967
06-24-08, 05:22 PM
He used to take a lot of time off in the summer anyway and he always had a big break at Xmas. What is new is usually he takes a full week off on the holiday weeks such as Memorial Day, July 4th, President's Day, etc.

There's a couple ways of looking at it. While I wish he didn't take all that time off, I get to listen to the show like never before, especially with the radio I have that can record the entire show. Even without a radio like mine, you can hear his show at anytime, which is nice on those rough commutes in the late afternoon.

Before, if I woke up too late, maybe I got to listen to the news or if I had to work, I had to miss a good moment on the show. That was it. It airs once on terrestrial radio and its over.

If anything, I probably hear more show than I ever did when he was on terrestrial radio as not many of us have 5 consecutive hours to listen. On Friday when he is off, i still have half of Thursday show to catch up with.

Now that I have the service, I probably will still keep it Stern or not. There's plenty of stations for me to listen to (if we ever get the merger, I get MLB also). To this day, I still once in awhile instinctively flinch to change a station whenever I hear a DJ coming on after a song as I think another 10 minute of commercials are coming, but then remember another song is on the way. No way do I ever go back to terrestrial.

And one thing too about both Sirius and XM (Stern or O&A) is that even when they are on vacation, they play best ofs. So you hear bits that you either haven't heard before or forgot about. And if you miss the morning ride, you can listen on the ride home or at night as they replay it throughout the day. It's not like it was on terrestrial radio where if they are on vacation you get some no talent hack on or even worse FM music. To me the vacation is a zero issue when discussing whether or not to subscribe. O&A get 6 weeks off too but I don't mind hearing bits from years ago. Case in point the last time O&A were gone for a week they played that voyeur bus when Jim Norton and others were thrown in jail.

yankeesAZ
06-24-08, 06:06 PM
And one thing too about both Sirius and XM (Stern or O&A) is that even when they are on vacation, they play best ofs. So you hear bits that you either haven't heard before or forgot about. And if you miss the morning ride, you can listen on the ride home or at night as they replay it throughout the day. It's not like it was on terrestrial radio where if they are on vacation you get some no talent hack on or even worse FM music. To me the vacation is a zero issue when discussing whether or not to subscribe. O&A get 6 weeks off too but I don't mind hearing bits from years ago. Case in point the last time O&A were gone for a week they played that voyeur bus when Jim Norton and others were thrown in jail.

Taking a long road trip and not hearing one commercial and not having to change a CD (nor program an Ipod) while playing music made me appreciate satellite more than anything else.

South Facing Epitaph
06-24-08, 06:07 PM
And one thing too about both Sirius and XM (Stern or O&A) is that even when they are on vacation, they play best ofs.

This was going to be my next question. Thanks for the info everyone, I will seriously think about investing in Sirius now. One last question, what sort of effects can be anticipated by a possible XM/Sirius merger? Buying a new radio, increased monthly subscription rate etc.

YankeePride1967
06-24-08, 06:42 PM
This was going to be my next question. Thanks for the info everyone, I will seriously think about investing in Sirius now. One last question, what sort of effects can be anticipated by a possible XM/Sirius merger? Buying a new radio, increased monthly subscription rate etc.

They say they will honor whatever agreements are in place. They also are talking about offering an a la carte program. You would get 50 channels (I think of their choice) then for a price you can add channels you like. But for this, it would require a separate player.

Octoberbaby
06-25-08, 12:22 AM

I agree 100%. I have been subscribing for about a year now and I am not sorry. The cost is minimal compared to the entertainment I am getting in return.

KLJ
06-25-08, 05:38 AM
No way do I ever go back to terrestrial.
there is no way i ever could.. sirius is like crack and they got me good..

KLJ
06-25-08, 05:40 AM
there is a lot more that goes on other than what you claim to have heard.. stern does a great interview regardless of who the guest is..

i think the show is still very entertaining

edit: i went back to some other threads and saw that you are a xm/o&a fanboy.. your post makes a lot more sense now.. do us all a favor and give the car back to your wife, go back to xm, leave this thread to fans..

RhodyYanksFan
06-25-08, 06:15 AM
Listening to him make fun of Imus this morning was quite amusing.

He still won't bury the hatchet? He should be defending Imus since Howard was all about free speech.

SubwayFanatic
06-25-08, 06:24 AM
there is a lot more that goes on other than what you claim to have heard.. stern does a great interview regardless of who the guest is..

i think the show is still very entertaining

edit: i went back to some other threads and saw that you are a xm/o&a fanboy.. your post makes a lot more sense now.. do us all a favor and give the car back to your wife, go back to xm, leave this thread to fans..

Can you really blame him for posting in this thread?

I mean, it must get really lonely and boring talking to yourself in the O&A thread, you know?

yankeesAZ
06-25-08, 11:19 AM
He still won't bury the hatchet? He should be defending Imus since Howard was all about free speech.

Actually he does in some ways. He has more of a problem that he gets hired and produces crap ratings and is not even remotely funny.

Howard and Robin just speak from personal experience as to Imus being a racist. They did work in the same building once and he called Robin the N-word to her face.

AMYanks
06-25-08, 09:18 PM
My conspiracy theory for today: Howard told Artie to stay home so he and Gilbert wouldn't go on during the news and make Howard stay past 11. :D

Seriously, he wasn't just saying "Anything else, Robin?" today, he was screaming "Is that it? Is that what's happening? Anything else?" halfway in.

yankeesAZ
06-25-08, 09:28 PM
My conspiracy theory for today: Howard told Artie to stay home so he and Gilbert wouldn't go on during the news and make Howard stay past 11. :D

Seriously, he wasn't just saying "Anything else, Robin?" today, he was screaming "Is that it? Is that what's happening? Anything else?" halfway in.

Howard did respond to a caller recently on why he is leaving 4-4 1/2 hours in, instead of 5+ now.

He just said going longer than 4 hours makes him nuts and tired and that he has made an effort to shorten the show.

AMYanks
06-25-08, 10:57 PM
Howard did respond to a caller recently on why he is leaving 4-4 1/2 hours in, instead of 5+ now.

He just said going longer than 4 hours makes him nuts and tired and that he has made an effort to shorten the show.

I don't blame him. I do think it's funny that he never makes an effort to hide his desire to leave ASAP, though.

yankeesAZ
06-26-08, 12:21 AM
I don't blame him. I do think it's funny that he never makes an effort to hide his desire to leave ASAP, though.

Just wait until tomorrow when it's the last day before a vacation week. Ronnie better have the limo running and hopefully adjusted the "petcock"!:D

AMYanks
06-26-08, 01:48 AM
Just wait until tomorrow when it's the last day before a vacation week. Ronnie better have the limo running and hopefully adjusted the "petcock"!:D

Hopefully he's not too busy applying Just for Old Men. :lol:

KLJ
06-26-08, 06:22 AM
next week is the life of stern isn't it? i thought i heard a commercial for it..

that was great radio from what i heard of it last time..

CyYoung4Vazquez
06-26-08, 09:04 AM
next week is the life of stern isn't it? i thought i heard a commercial for it..

It was hilarious. I'm thinking the next edition will be even better.

yankeesAZ
06-26-08, 10:59 AM

Yes, I think it is a replay of what he aired before Xmas.

Octoberbaby
06-26-08, 07:12 PM

I don't blame Howard for wanting to end after 4-4 1/2 hours but then he should start the news earlier or just do away with it all together. It is very annoying when he rushes through it. The whole idea of the news is to get his perspective on what's happening. I don't need Robin just to find out what is in the news.

yankeesAZ
06-26-08, 07:27 PM
I don't blame Howard for wanting to end after 4-4 1/2 hours but then he should start the news earlier or just do away with it all together. It is very annoying when he rushes through it. The whole idea of the news is to get his perspective on what's happening. I don't need Robin just to find out what is in the news.

He probably would cut the news, but he knows what kind of heat he would take from the fans. He's about pushed the limits on shortening his shows, days of work, etc.

Enjoy the next couple years. I think he does retire at the end of this deal.

AMYanks
06-27-08, 01:41 AM
I know I sound like Eric from Hoboken, but the Howard TV episode with Sal crapping the floor is really funny. Especially the very end, when Sal is being interviewed in the hallway and Tim Sabean storms by, really pissed off at what happened. Then Sal asks Gary if Tim's pissed, and Gary doesn't say anything, just pulls him into the HTV room to talk to him.

AMYanks
06-29-08, 04:04 PM
I'm glad Howard got all those hours of tapes back... today's episode of MTT aired just a few months ago. Yes, it's because George Carlin was on the show, but couldn't they have put that in as a bonus at the end? They do that all the time.

Could someone associated with the Stern show and his channels stop being lazy for one second?

yankeesAZ
06-29-08, 06:22 PM
I'm glad Howard got all those hours of tapes back... today's episode of MTT aired just a few months ago. Yes, it's because George Carlin was on the show, but couldn't they have put that in as a bonus at the end? They do that all the time.

Could someone associated with the Stern show and his channels stop being lazy for one second?

Is anyone working there this week? Guess someone has to play the tapes.

They should do a show of nothing but "Eric from Hobeken" calls. They have enough tape of that to fill a show.

NYATLCHRIS
06-29-08, 06:39 PM
Maybe Howard can cut back on Eric the Midget every episode, that should cut about 20-30 minutes each show. Eric is nothing more than a user who only comes on the show to do nothing but use and promote for his stupid cam website.

Octoberbaby
06-29-08, 08:04 PM

I missed that. I would have liked to hear that Carlin interview. Is it being repeated today? I thought they do show repeats on Sunday?

AMYanks
06-30-08, 05:31 AM
I missed that. I would have liked to hear that Carlin interview. Is it being repeated today? I thought they do show repeats on Sunday?

I don't even know if they replay MTT anymore. They've tried to phase it out completely.

KLJ
06-30-08, 06:21 AM
Maybe Howard can cut back on Eric the Midget every episode, ....
i love eric the midget.. i could listen to him for 2 hours a day

BRNXBMRS
06-30-08, 09:12 AM
Anyone care "the Howard Stern years" are being re-run on Howard 101

yankeesAZ
06-30-08, 11:13 AM
i love eric the midget.. i could listen to him for 2 hours a day

They should do the same thing they did with Ralph one day. H100 with ETM and 101 without ETM.

AMYanks
06-30-08, 11:30 AM
ETM used to be entertaining, but Howard drove the bit into the ground. The annoyance peaked when they dedicated about 40 minutes a day to him when he was "dating" that stripper.

If they got rid of ETM (or gave him like 2 minutes once a week) and Eric from Hoboken, the show would be so much better.

NYATLCHRIS
06-30-08, 02:22 PM
Eric the Midget is the worst pack member ever. He always lies about doing something (ballon prank, taxi driver) and he only comes on the show to use it for his stupid website. The only thing I liked with Eric is when he got pranked called by Sal and ended up singing We Represent the Lollipop Guild and when he feel for Hi Pitch Eric pretending to be a girl.

Bro Jackhammer
06-30-08, 04:22 PM
...and when he feel for Hi Pitch Eric pretending to be a girl.

Whooooo's Hiiiigh Pitch?

Octoberbaby
07-01-08, 12:48 AM
ETM used to be entertaining, but Howard drove the bit into the ground. The annoyance peaked when they dedicated about 40 minutes a day to him when he was "dating" that stripper.

If they got rid of ETM (or gave him like 2 minutes once a week) and Eric from Hoboken, the show would be so much better.

I agree. It would be much better without those two. It is so annoying to have to hear ETM's voice every morning without fail. I wish he could trade places with Hank the Dwarf!

NelsonMuntz
07-01-08, 10:18 PM
I miss Crackhead Bob. I never got tired of his segments.

Octoberbaby
07-02-08, 02:44 AM
I miss Crackhead Bob. I never got tired of his segments.

And he was much nicer than Eric the Midget.

yankeesnum1
07-02-08, 07:21 AM
... and Eric from Hoboken, the show would be so much better.
But if get rid of Eric from Hoboken, how are we going to know what's on Howard TV?

yankeesAZ
07-02-08, 11:00 AM
But if get rid of Eric from Hoboken, how are we going to know what's on Howard TV?

Somehow, I think Howard will get word out or just do the math when there are 3-4 or so strippers on in a week.

AMYanks
07-02-08, 11:41 AM

When they announce a dumb, hack bit like "hottest chick, ugliest scar" or "hottest chick, ugliest guy" you'll say to yourself "why the hell are they doing this?", then you'll remember that they do it all for the few thousand people who subscribe to Howard TV.

Octoberbaby
07-02-08, 04:17 PM
When they announce a dumb, hack bit like "hottest chick, ugliest scar" or "hottest chick, ugliest guy" you'll say to yourself "why the hell are they doing this?", then you'll remember that they do it all for the few thousand people who subscribe to Howard TV.

I agree, those bits are dumb! I can't believe people subscribe to Howard TV to see them.

NYATLCHRIS
07-02-08, 07:29 PM
Dont forget for Miss Howard tv of the month. I went to college with one of them and she ended up being being a high priced call girl.

NYATLCHRIS
07-03-08, 11:08 AM
The History of Howard Stern is some great radio. It's funny how Howard had one horrible and annoying voice 25 years ago. Gary, Robin, Fred all sound the same over the years and Howard sounded like he was castrated back in the day.

yankeesAZ
07-03-08, 11:10 AM
The History of Howard Stern is some great radio. It's funny how Howard had one horrible and annoying voice 25 years ago. Gary, Robin, Fred all sound the same over the years and Howard sounded like he was castrated back in the day.

His nosejob changed his voice quite a bit along with evolving as a broadcaster.

ThunderFan
07-03-08, 11:11 AM
But if get rid of Eric from Hoboken, how are we going to know what's on Howard TV?You mean the fake callers that are really an ad for howardTV?

NYATLCHRIS
07-03-08, 11:27 AM
Is HowardTV anything like the E show?

yankeesAZ
07-03-08, 12:13 PM
Is HowardTV anything like the E show?

Uncensored version of it, but with more porn stars and less celeb interviews.

Now who would actually pay to see Richard sniff Sal's asshole is beyond me.

They do a free 3-day preview every now and then. The previews did nothing to make me want to buy it.

There are some probably entertaining shows, but I'm not paying to see a whack packer get naked.

yankeesnum1
07-03-08, 01:00 PM
You mean the fake callers that are really an ad for howardTV?you mean those are fake? ;) ;)

AMYanks
07-03-08, 06:59 PM
They were right to be worried.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/07/03/2008-07-03_howard_stern_comics_bombed_no_joke.html

Howard Stern comics bombed, no joke

Howard Stern pals Gary Dell'Abate and Artie Lange came under fire after performing a comedy show in Afghanistan.

Howard Stern nearly lost his closest cohorts in Afghanistan this week.

Stern's Sirius radio show producer Gary Dell'Abate, show regular Artie Lange and comedians Nick DiPaolo, Jim Florentine and Dave Attell had just finished a comedy show for troops in Kandahar when the base came under attack.

"Everything was going fine until the end," a friend of the comics, who heard from them by cell phone, tells us. "They were all done with their sets, and they were headed in a car convoy to a meet-and-greet elsewhere, but they only made it about 20 yards.

"The military base they were on came under mortar fire, and the convoy was turned around."

yankeesAZ
07-03-08, 09:30 PM
They were right to be worried.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/07/03/2008-07-03_howard_stern_comics_bombed_no_joke.html

I thought they were going to Iraq?

NelsonMuntz
07-03-08, 09:32 PM
I thought they were going to Iraq?
That's what I thought too. In any event, glad to hear they're ok.

AMYanks
07-03-08, 09:41 PM
No, they had to say Iraq because it's supposed to be a secret. Howard and Nick DiPaolo both slipped and said Afghanistan. It's funny seeing that on Howard TV, because Gary and Artie were in a panic when that happened.

yankeesAZ
07-03-08, 09:45 PM
No, they had to say Iraq because it's supposed to be a secret. Howard and Nick DiPaolo both slipped and said Afghanistan. It's funny seeing that on Howard TV, because Gary and Artie were in a panic when that happened.

Ironically, Afghanistan is the more dangerous place to be right now. Glad they are ok. They will have some interesting stories for sure.

Octoberbaby
07-03-08, 10:08 PM

I remember hearing that about Afghanistan so I am not surprised they ended up there. Someone, I think Lisa G or Steve Langford, also let it slip when they would be going and then Artie right away said that date was wrong. You would think Langford would know not to give away the date they would be appearing there.

It is really scary hearing what happened. They must have been sh*tting a brick! Thank God they are all OK! I really thought that Gary should not have gone being a father and all. There was really no reason for Gary to go there.

AMYanks
07-05-08, 05:25 PM
A report from one of the soldiers who got to meet the guys.

http://dev.artie-lange.com/?page=forums/posts&TID=1205

Not surprisingly, Gary comes off like a real douche. All of the comics are friends with Jim Norton, but Gary gets all upset when they're willing to sign this soldier's Norton book because he works for Opie & Anthony.

Booey always acts like a big shot when Howard's not around.

NYATLCHRIS
07-07-08, 09:11 AM
So Howard is off again this week. I think he signed the best contract in radio history. He works one week and then takes 2 weeks off.

yankeesAZ
07-07-08, 11:16 AM
So Howard is off again this week. I think he signed the best contract in radio history. He works one week and then takes 2 weeks off.

He always took a long break in the summer, even when he was on terrestrial radio.

The main difference now is the extra one week breaks he gets.

FuSchnickens
07-07-08, 12:09 PM
I heard while they were in Iraq on their way to a meet & greet their convoy came under attack and had to take cover in bunkers.

NelsonMuntz
07-07-08, 12:50 PM
I loved the Homeless Howiewood squares segment on today's "Best of" segment. I remember watching that skit on the old Channel 9 show. Underdog Lady is just hilarious. I could listen to her all day...
Howard: Wouldn't it help you prepare for the role if you lifted your leg in the air whenever you have to go to the bathroom?
Underdog Lady (completely serious response): "Animal superheroes are never depicted as going to the toilet" :lol:

NYATLCHRIS
07-07-08, 12:57 PM
He always took a long break in the summer, even when he was on terrestrial radio.

The main difference now is the extra one week breaks he gets.

I dont recall Howard ever getting 2 weeks off, maybe he did. I just find it funny because he just had a week off in like May. He has the best gig in all of radio though.

AMYanks
07-07-08, 01:05 PM
I loved the Homeless Howiewood squares segment on today's "Best of" segment. I remember watching that skit on the old Channel 9 show. Underdog Lady is just hilarious. I could listen to her all day...
Howard: Wouldn't it help you prepare for the role if you lifted your leg in the air whenever you have to go to the bathroom?
Underdog Lady (completely serious response): "Animal superheroes are never depicted as going to the toilet" :lol:

I was able to download all the Channel 9 shows recently. It's so great to watch them again.

NYATLCHRIS
07-07-08, 01:05 PM
Oooo and the match game that they did today was hilarious. They spoofed it in his movie. Match Game 84. Howard goes blank a doodle do. The caller said to howard that you most really have Job Security. I was cracking up. My favorite answer was nowoman. Nowoman a doodle do. If you say it slowly it comes out to no woman a dude will do.

NYATLCHRIS
07-07-08, 01:07 PM
I was able to download all the Channel 9 shows recently. It's so great to watch them again.

where did you get the channel 9 shows from? I remember being 10 years old and seeing Howard doing fake liposuction on the show. There is a clip of Howard having this Penthouse Pet hypnotized and asking her if she was ever a hooker. She ended up becoming a hooker and one of the top madams in the U.S.

Octoberbaby
07-07-08, 02:00 PM

I have them all on tape. I think I am missing one. Where did you download them? Those shows were the best!

AMYanks
07-07-08, 02:06 PM
where did you get the channel 9 shows from? I remember being 10 years old and seeing Howard doing fake liposuction on the show. There is a clip of Howard having this Penthouse Pet hypnotized and asking her if she was ever a hooker. She ended up becoming a hooker and one of the top madams in the U.S.

I don't know if I can post the link here. Enable private messaging and I'll send it.

NYATLCHRIS
07-08-08, 04:25 PM
Did anybody listen to two day of of Howard Stern game shows. It was funny to listen to Fred doing dial a date and picking the woman who he would later marry. Another tidbit is that they played a clip with Jonah Falcon. Jonah is the die hard yankees fan who has his own cable access show that Richard and Sal prank all of the time. Jonah also does alot of posting on the Yankees main website. Does Jonah post at all here?

NelsonMuntz
07-08-08, 11:09 PM
Did anybody listen to two day of of Howard Stern game shows. It was funny to listen to Fred doing dial a date and picking the woman who he would later marry. Another tidbit is that they played a clip with Jonah Falcon. Jonah is the die hard yankees fan who has his own cable access show that Richard and Sal prank all of the time. Jonah also does alot of posting on the Yankees main website. Does Jonah post at all here?
I love when Richard calls him and keeps asking him about the weather. That's one of my favorite Richard calls.

VanHalen5150
07-09-08, 12:41 AM
Youtube has about a million Sal and Rich cable access prank phone call videos. I just love these so much i was laughing the whole night! Wow, that is funny!

AMYanks
07-12-08, 07:22 PM
Gary posted on SFN, responding to the accusation he acted like a jerk to the soldiers.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=13194833#post13194833

Thisis Gary Dell'Abate from the Howard Stern Show.
Mutt helped me get a password and get on here.

I feel I have to respond to the e-mails that have beem posted by the soldier I met in Afghanistand.
In short order, here are the facts:

*I met him that night and was very gracious

*He asked me to sign a Jim Norton book and I made am observaton. I said, "Oh isn't that the guy from O& A. It was an observation, a comment...anything more he took from that is in his head

*I signed the book

*He asked me when Artie was goind to re sign and I told him we were all on board for 5 years. I was not snotty or arrogant. Anything else he took from this was in his own head.

*The gang was all inside in a little library area.I was outside, on the phone with my wife explaining the article that I heard might be in the news about us coming under mortar fire. I did not want her and my kids to read this without talking to me first. I assured her we were ok and calmed everyone down.While I was on the phone, someone came over to say hi and I shook their hand and said hi,
I then went inside and hung out for another 10 minutes. I signed about 25 pictures.

We then left.

Artie, Jimmy, Nick, Dave & I spent every moment we had hanging with the troops when we were not performing. We had breakfast , lunch & dinner with the troops. We drank with the troops.
We spent the entire day touring various facilities and just hanging around.
I thought we did a great job.

It appalls me that someone could take a great thing and try and turn it into his own little personal crusade.
We gave up our vacation, and I left my wife and kids for a week to volunteer our time.
I get it....the soldiers are putting there life on the line for us.
We saw that every day. I am in no way comparing myself to what they do.They are amazing.
But we did volunteer to go.

I can't imagine what kind of person would opt to piss all over that.
I also can't imagine the charachter of someone who would post personal e-mails without asking.

Thanks for the time,
Gary

I hope this is brought up on Monday.

yankeesAZ
07-12-08, 07:25 PM
Gary posted on SFN, responding to the accusation he acted like a jerk to the soldiers.

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=13194833#post13194833

I hope this is brought up on Monday.

That soldier is an idiot.

NYATLCHRIS
07-12-08, 08:11 PM
Youtube has about a million Sal and Rich cable access prank phone call videos. I just love these so much i was laughing the whole night! Wow, that is funny!

My favorite is Myturban S Dirty

AMYanks
07-14-08, 07:35 PM
Just in case you were confused:

Artie saying "so many people came up to me during the break and said that the 0.0 clip when Eric is talking about the people showing up to his meet and great is the best work Fred's ever done" really means "I have an unhealthy obsession with anything involving John Belushi and every time I hear '0.0' I laugh like a mental patient."

Not to bash it, but there's no way one person let alone "a lot" of people who talked to Artie thought it was the best thing Fred's done in over 25 years.

yankeesAZ
07-14-08, 09:55 PM
The Afghanistan stories were really interesting today. Howard annoyed me when he was rushing them along. Guess he was in a hurry to get to Eric The Midget.

I wouldn't care if they spent the whole show discussing the trip.

NYATLCHRIS
07-14-08, 10:41 PM
As much as I love listening to Howard, he is just going through the motions. They spent far too long promoting HowardTV and wack pack bowling.

yankeesAZ
07-14-08, 11:57 PM
As much as I love listening to Howard, he is just going through the motions. They spent far too long promoting HowardTV and wack pack bowling.

This is where I thank myself for getting the Stiletto player. I can FF right through the HTV promos.

NYATLCHRIS
07-15-08, 10:03 AM
I had the Stiletto. I would advise against it. I had nothing but terrible reception with it.

yankeesAZ
07-15-08, 10:16 AM
I had the Stiletto. I would advise against it. I had nothing but terrible reception with it.

Really? My reception has been the same as any other radio.

AMYanks
07-15-08, 09:29 PM
Artie orders food in his sleep. :lol:

NYATLCHRIS
07-16-08, 09:08 AM
Eric the Midget is Romeo Blues on Stern Fan Network.

yankeesAZ
07-16-08, 10:45 AM
Eric the Midget is Romeo Blues on Stern Fan Network.

He should be called "Stern Show Killa".

NYATLCHRIS
07-16-08, 04:14 PM
Lets not forget that Artie met his future wife again today on the show. Everyday the women get hotter and hotter.

AMYanks
07-16-08, 08:13 PM
I'm glad they turned down George Carlin numerous times over the years so we could hear the legendary Amber Hay.

And why book Seth McFarlane when we can hear Artie laugh like a moron over a 30 year old clip of someone saying "Zero point zero" for an hour?

NYATLCHRIS
07-21-08, 09:37 AM
Hi Pitch Eric was arrested last Thursday for stealing a friends credit card and racking up $3000 in charges.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-21-08, 09:56 AM
The Daniel Carver call was hilarious this morning.

AMYanks
07-21-08, 10:02 PM
"So you're saying a black woman could give birth to a monkey baby?"

"All ni**er women give birth to monkey babies."

Great call this morning.

NYATLCHRIS
07-21-08, 10:24 PM
Daniel Carver admitted to being part Native American. Does that mean he gets kicked out of the KKK?

SubwayFanatic
07-21-08, 10:56 PM
That Riley Martin prank call was hysterical.

AMYanks
07-22-08, 09:25 PM
Today was the second time within the last week that there was a phony, shameless plug for Beck's Beer.

Plus, this is the big "draw" to get SIRIUS: http://www.sirius.com/howardstern

So depressing.

AMYanks
07-23-08, 04:20 PM
It's great that Artie is grossed out by the sound High Pitch Eric makes when he says certain letters, and now Artie has started making that same exact noise when saying those same exact letters.

SubwayFanatic
07-23-08, 10:29 PM
Artie's impersonation of Maryanne from Brooklyn is funny as hell.

AMYanks
07-24-08, 01:43 PM
Just listened to the very beginning of the show... I'd love to know if there will be any repercussions for Ronnie after he revealed his most famous soundbite was scripted. Howard obviously knew about it, but pretended he had no idea and immediately switched the topic. He can't be happy his staff is letting out the secrets of the lazy SIRIUS Stern show.

yankeesAZ
07-25-08, 11:23 AM
Just listened to the very beginning of the show... I'd love to know if there will be any repercussions for Ronnie after he revealed his most famous soundbite was scripted. Howard obviously knew about it, but pretended he had no idea and immediately switched the topic. He can't be happy his staff is letting out the secrets of the lazy SIRIUS Stern show.

I missed that. Gonna have to go back and play that part.

Can't wait for the wedding to be over already.

NYATLCHRIS
07-28-08, 12:04 PM

What soundbite was this? Robin got dumped by Jim. Someone mentioned the shameless plugs for Becks Beer. Lets not forget about all of the crappy promos for Sony Vaio.

AMYanks
07-28-08, 01:18 PM
What soundbite was this? Robin got dumped by Jim. Someone mentioned the shameless plugs for Becks Beer. Lets not forget about all of the crappy promos for Sony Vaio.

The "I'm Scoresman! I'm about having fun! I'm about meeting girls, I'm about meeting guys..." etc. clip.

Btw, Robin was at her all-time worst in the first half hour of the show. You could hear Howard sigh multiple times as he was trying to talk, only for Robin to interrupt and make sure everyone realizes she's always right about the issue that's being talked about.

She is single-handedly ruining the show at this point.

NYATLCHRIS
07-28-08, 03:51 PM
Thats because she got dumped. I have been listening to alot of old Stern bits on youtube. It's night and day compared to 15 years ago. Stern hit his peak in the early 90's with Jackie and Billy West and Stuttering John doing the celeb interviews.

Matrix7637
07-28-08, 03:58 PM
The "I'm Scoresman! I'm about having fun! I'm about meeting girls, I'm about meeting guys..." etc. clip.

Btw, Robin was at her all-time worst in the first half hour of the show. You could hear Howard sigh multiple times as he was trying to talk, only for Robin to interrupt and make sure everyone realizes she's always right about the issue that's being talked about.

She is single-handedly ruining the show at this point.

I agree about Robin.:(

She is always butting in and most of the time wrong about what they are talking about.

She needs to let Howard, Artie and Fred do the entertaining and creative processes of the show.

CyYoung4Vazquez
07-31-08, 09:33 AM
Who thought having Luther Campbell on was a good idea? What a waste.

AMYanks
07-31-08, 05:30 PM
I can't believe Booey Joel didn't win the contest. It was really creative. It doesn't take much effort to pick a song and say Baba Booey a bunch of times (although I liked the Law & Order one).

yankeesAZ
07-31-08, 06:31 PM
Who thought having Luther Campbell on was a good idea? What a waste.

The Hogan interview was very good though.

I just FF'ed through the Campbell interview.

NelsonMuntz
08-01-08, 09:53 AM
The Hogan interview was very good though.

I just FF'ed through the Campbell interview.
The Jesse Ventura interview was pretty entertaining too, although at times he strikes me as a only slightly more intelligent version of Bigfoot.

yankeesAZ
08-01-08, 10:42 AM
The Jesse Ventura interview was pretty entertaining too, although at times he strikes me as a only slightly more intelligent version of Bigfoot.

The Jesse Ventura interview was entertaining, once you get past the 9/11 stuff, which I already heard before.

He had some really good stories.

YankeePride1967
08-01-08, 01:37 PM
Looking forward to October when the best of Sirius comes over to XM. Then I can listen to both Stern and O&A. (thanks to replay).

AMYanks
08-01-08, 11:21 PM
From SFN, Stern show guests for the month of August:

1. seth rogan
2. tommy chong
3. wack pack waxing
4. bob saget
5. george takei
6. houston
7. staind
8. katy perry
9. etm's booger live in studio

Toothy actually put some effort into his job this month!

CyYoung4Vazquez
08-04-08, 10:40 AM
From SFN, Stern show guests for the month of August:

1. seth rogan
2. tommy chong
3. wack pack waxing
4. bob saget
5. george takei
6. houston
7. staind
8. katy perry
9. etm's booger live in studio

Toothy actually put some effort into his job this month!

They need to get Beet there more often. He's much better than Eric the Midget. Also are they off this week? Today was a rerun.

Liger
08-04-08, 12:04 PM

Holy crap...at first I thought it WAS Bigfoot!

AMYanks
08-04-08, 04:17 PM
I read on SFN that Artie missed the Saget roast.

That's odd. He has a great work ethic and never misses a gig. I know this because he says it once a week.

AMYanks
08-04-08, 09:38 PM
According to Rev. Bob Levy, all of Artie's gigs for this upcoming weekend have been canceled due to "certain circumstances". He isn't saying what those circumstances are out of respect to Artie, but expects an announcement tomorrow.

Fitzsimmons said that Artie's "sick", not drugs or anything, but Levy's wife said it will be in the paper tomorrow... so I guess it's not the common cold.

CyYoung4Vazquez
08-05-08, 08:43 AM
All these vacations are ridiculous.

AMYanks
08-05-08, 03:21 PM
Howard 100 News: "Tune in Monday morning to find out the latest on Artie!"

Another vacation, another cliffhanger.

But I'm sure it's just a coincidence...

tdel23
08-06-08, 12:25 PM
Howard 100 News: "Tune in Monday morning to find out the latest on Artie!"

Another vacation, another cliffhanger.

But I'm sure it's just a coincidence...

Artie is in rehab....get better big guy!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08062008/gossip/pagesix/rehab_for_stern_sidekick_123164.htm

RhodyYanksFan
08-06-08, 12:41 PM

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08062008/gossip/pagesix/rehab_for_stern_sidekick_123164.htm

Best of luck Artie! Such a shame he's such a mess.

AMYanks
08-06-08, 12:42 PM
What a day for the Stern Show. Artie in rehab, and it was just reported on Howard 100 News that one of the Jesus Twins was shot dead by a cop after pulling a gun on them.

I'd say RIP... but I really hated them.

tdel23
08-06-08, 01:23 PM
What a day for the Stern Show. Artie in rehab, and it was just reported on Howard 100 News that one of the Jesus Twins was shot dead by a cop after pulling a gun on them.

wow I didn't hear about one of the Jesus Twins.

NelsonMuntz
08-07-08, 02:04 PM

Wow. Long overdue though.

NelsonMuntz
08-07-08, 02:10 PM

Yeah that sounds about right. Although I couldn't help but laugh when they goofed on Babba Booey.

yankeesAZ
08-07-08, 06:26 PM

Oh no! The Post ruined Monday's cliffhanger!

Howard's gonna sue them!

AMYanks
08-11-08, 05:10 PM
Really good show today, I thought. Artie's stories were interesting and fresh given all the new details, Seth Rogan interview was great, "Oprah" phone call was pretty funny and reminded me of the Jackie days type of comedy, Lisa G bashing for being insane... and the show ended at a reasonable time so they didn't try to cram it with unnecessary awful Sal and Richard material.

Only negative was Robin hating on South Park.

yankeesAZ
08-14-08, 12:28 AM
Nice job by Sal to get disinvited to the wedding.

AMYanks
08-14-08, 01:57 AM
I don't get Howard thinking Gilbert's roast joke about the Olsen twins wasn't funny, yet Artie's awful material including "Saget rhymes with faggot" gets Howard to roar with laughter.

It fits in with the new Howard's policy of not liking anything mildly offensive. He's a totally different guy than the one who starred in the Ted Danson/Whoopi Goldberg sketch at New Year's Rotten Eve. There was nothing funny about that sketch except for the fact Howard said the n-word about a million times and made fun of every black stereotype under the sun. It was hilarious, imo, but because of that shock value... same with Gilbert's roast joke.

AMYanks
08-14-08, 08:45 PM
Artie was great today. He really was on fire and wasn't afraid to hold back. When Jackson said he was the most racist person ever, and Artie said "When I was your age, Howard was racist." Funny and some what true.

AMYanks
08-20-08, 07:02 PM
Although I think they all overrate Beth just so they don't piss Howard off, they were all right that there's no comparison about who wears the dress better. Zeta-Jones looks like she has a baby bump.

http://www.usmagazine.com/who_wore_it_best?id=122&eid=531&o=4&w=1

I think the only reason I care is because it was the only part of the show that was dedicated to attractive women. Really over the top with the gay stuff. But, it was funny. Oh yeah, and the News earned their pay for the year with the Dominic "Mayday!" call.

SubwayFanatic
08-20-08, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah, and the News earned their pay for the year with the Dominic "Mayday!" call.

I can't wait to hear how Fred incorproates this clip. :lol:

tdel23
08-20-08, 09:54 PM
Although I think they all overrate Beth just so they don't piss Howard off, they were all right that there's no comparison about who wears the dress better. Zeta-Jones looks like she has a baby bump.

http://www.usmagazine.com/who_wore_it_best?id=122&eid=531&o=4&w=1

I think the only reason I care is because it was the only part of the show that was dedicated to attractive women. Really over the top with the gay stuff. But, it was funny. Oh yeah, and the News earned their pay for the year with the Dominic "Mayday!" call.

that "mayday" call was great, I couldn't stop laughing...eric the midget vs. johnny was also very funny.

SubwayFanatic
08-21-08, 05:26 AM
Eric the Midget is such a self-centered jackass. It is unreal.

YASS
08-21-08, 09:25 AM
Eric the Midget is such a self-centered jackass. It is unreal.
It's a put-on. No person on earth is so completely a sac de douche.

AMYanks
08-21-08, 09:46 AM
I haven't listened to the show yet today, but going on what happened yesterday, I'd bet just about anything the Eric-Fratto argument was all staged. ETM even let it out recently that Howard likes it when he gets angry, so I think he just puts it on because he knows it gets him on air, and Fratto will do anything for the publicity.

AMYanks
08-21-08, 03:42 PM
They really need to have more guests in that Robin hates. She only spoke like twice during the Katy Perry interview and it was fantastic.

NelsonMuntz
08-26-08, 10:38 PM
This retrospective on "The Losers" is a complete waste of time.

yankeesAZ
08-26-08, 10:58 PM

Agreed. Listening to more music channels this week.

AMYanks
08-26-08, 11:20 PM

Join the Revolution!

More vacation for Hampton's Howie. Beth has totally neutered Howard. Sal's the only one who has the balls to be honest and say it.

yankeesAZ
08-26-08, 11:46 PM
Join the Revolution!

More vacation for Hampton's Howie. Beth has totally neutered Howard. Sal's the only one who has the balls to be honest and say it.

Actually, this is easing my transition into life without Howard in a little over two years.

I'll still be keeping my subscription Howard or not.

NelsonMuntz
08-27-08, 09:21 AM
Join the Revolution!

I kind of expect him to be on vacation the week before Labor Day but didn't he just take a week off like 2 weeks ago? And give us something a little better than "Evolution of the Losers" to pass the time. It was a funny bit when the Losers played Wipeout with Dan the Farter on the Magic Johnson show just to goof on that trainwreck of a talk show, but beyond that it's just Howard running a bit into the ground.

SubwayFanatic
09-02-08, 11:44 AM
On a positive note, those Domenic song parody clips were hysterical.

NelsonMuntz
09-02-08, 05:45 PM
Today's show was great. Lot's of goofing on Eric the Midget, Ralph, and Domenic Barber.

tdel23
09-10-08, 08:23 AM
Howard just had on the Mad Dog...pretty funny interview, he got him to admit he masturbates, once bet 25,000 on over/under and got him to say the F word.

Jersey Yankee
09-10-08, 11:42 AM
I'm reading that Howard is auctioning some 22-y.o. gal's virginity. She's named Natalie Dylan, tho that's a pseudonym. How'd that one go?

tdel23
09-11-08, 09:10 AM
I'm reading that Howard is auctioning some 22-y.o. gal's virginity. She's named Natalie Dylan, tho that's a pseudonym. How'd that one go?

the papers got the story wrong, he was just interviewing her....

HOWARD IS NOT AUCTIONING A VIRGIN

(http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?month=September&day=9&year=2008&x=42&y=14#) Howard noted that the NY Daily News had picked up news of Dennis Hof's appearance on today's show, but they got the story all wrong: “I really want to tell Dennis to go home...I gotta get out of the Dennis Hof business.” Howard explained that he didn't want to be involved in the auction for the virginity of Dennis Hof's Bunny Ranch girls, he simply wanted to talk to them about how and why someone would do such a thing, and Dennis spun it like Howard was “kicking off” the auction.

Howard told Gary to cancel Dennis and the girls' appearance: “I'm only interviewing the girl...They've got it very different in the newspaper.” Gary came in to defend Dennis, saying he was just trying to get publicity for his appearance like anyone else would. After hearing that Dennis and the girls had already flown in and were on their way, Howard begrudgingly allowed Gary to keep the segment on the schedule.

www.howardstern.com

yankeesAZ
09-11-08, 10:42 AM

(http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?month=September&day=9&year=2008&x=42&y=14#) Howard noted that the NY Daily News had picked up news of Dennis Hof's appearance on today's show, but they got the story all wrong: “I really want to tell Dennis to go home...I gotta get out of the Dennis Hof business.” Howard explained that he didn't want to be involved in the auction for the virginity of Dennis Hof's Bunny Ranch girls, he simply wanted to talk to them about how and why someone would do such a thing, and Dennis spun it like Howard was “kicking off” the auction.

Howard told Gary to cancel Dennis and the girls' appearance: “I'm only interviewing the girl...They've got it very different in the newspaper.” Gary came in to defend Dennis, saying he was just trying to get publicity for his appearance like anyone else would. After hearing that Dennis and the girls had already flown in and were on their way, Howard begrudgingly allowed Gary to keep the segment on the schedule.

www.howardstern.com (http://www.howardstern.com)

Man has Howard been neutered.

I never thought he was actually auctioning a virgin. But now he wants to get out of the Dennis Hof business?

Wish he would get out of the interviewing a porn star business, which is really for Howard TV purposes.

Jersey Yankee
09-11-08, 03:16 PM

www.howardstern.com
Thanks for the info. Yeah, it was the Daily News that I got this story from.

Oh yeah, on pg 62 of the Oct Penthouse, Sal the Stockbroker is interviewed.

tdel23
09-11-08, 03:54 PM
Man has Howard been neutered.

I never thought he was actually auctioning a virgin. But now he wants to get out of the Dennis Hof business?

Wish he would get out of the interviewing a porn star business, which is really for Howard TV purposes.

he has definitely last a few miles off his fastball

NelsonMuntz
09-15-08, 11:20 PM
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Sal and Richard making out on CNN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk7f2CWEED4

yankeesAZ
09-16-08, 12:18 AM
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Sal and Richard making out on CNN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk7f2CWEED4

:lol: That was great.

Wish I paid more attention this morning. I was listening to that segment but not watching the screen.

NelsonMuntz
10-04-08, 09:02 AM
It's official -- Howard and Beth got married last night: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/john-stamos-donald-trump-more-turn-out-for-howard-stern-wedding/13835

I wonder who the "pretty brunette" is with John Stamos in that picture. She's hot.

YankeePride1967
10-04-08, 09:59 AM
I got the Best of Sirius this week and listened to some of Howard. I still like O&A, but Howard is better now than he has been in years before moving to Sirius -- by far.

jlw1980
10-06-08, 02:12 AM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/celebritybuzz/?GT1=28103

yankeesAZ
10-13-08, 11:28 AM
He's back!

Funny he opened the show and talked about how he went to the SFN to see if his fans were congratulating him and instead they were complaining he took "another vacation".

Howard also met A-Rod briefly.

RhodyYanksFan
10-14-08, 08:58 AM
I can't believe he only took a 1 week honeymoon. I had a longer honeymoon then Howard Stern.

yankeesAZ
10-14-08, 11:13 AM
I can't believe he only took a 1 week honeymoon. I had a longer honeymoon then Howard Stern.

Kind of surprised myself. But he gets 12 weeks off a year, so he's taken multiple honeymoons with his wife.

SubwayFanatic
12-03-08, 06:29 AM
Any updates on how "sick" Artie was yesterday?

KLJ
12-03-08, 07:30 AM
he is in serious trouble.. almost everyone on the show assumes he is back on drugs

yankeesAZ
12-03-08, 10:54 AM

I just started listening here. He's was going to a doctor at 6:30am this morning. Must be nice to have a doctor at 6:30am.

He is coming into work at 8am based on the phone call Howard played.

This should be some fun listening on my bus ride today.

SubwayFanatic
12-03-08, 03:47 PM
O&A off in Boston.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/12/02/2008-12-02_shock_jocks_opie__anthony_dropped_from_b.html

YankeePride1967
12-03-08, 04:00 PM
O&A off in Boston.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/12/02/2008-12-02_shock_jocks_opie__anthony_dropped_from_b.html

There actually is an O&A thread that this would be relevant to. But nevertheless, companies are cutting back on expenses (I know they cited ratings) but nevertheless come April of 2009 (when their terrerstrial radio contract expires) it is very probable that they will be back on satellite full time. Mel doesn't like (but he does permit at a lower compensation rate) acts on satellite giving stuff away for free.

SubwayFanatic
12-03-08, 04:27 PM
There actually is an O&A thread that this would be relevant to. But nevertheless, companies are cutting back on expenses (I know they cited ratings) but nevertheless come April of 2009 (when their terrerstrial radio contract expires) it is very probable that they will be back on satellite full time. Mel doesn't like (but he does permit at a lower compensation rate) acts on satellite giving stuff away for free.

Come on -- if I put this in the O&A thread, then nobody would see it. :P

YankeePride1967
12-03-08, 05:13 PM
Come on -- if I put this in the O&A thread, then nobody would see it. :P

I'm one of the few that enjoy both shows. And I hope that what is being rumored is true. Both shows are better on satellite then on terrestrial.

Octoberbaby
12-03-08, 07:27 PM

I didn't listen to the show today. Did Artie come in? Or did they get any more info on what his "sickness" is?

yankeesAZ
12-03-08, 11:16 PM
I didn't listen to the show today. Did Artie come in? Or did they get any more info on what his "sickness" is?

Artie didn't come to work. He called back later in the show and said he went to the doctor this morning after throwing up blood, but didn't elaborate much on it.

Octoberbaby
12-05-08, 01:50 AM
Artie didn't come to work. He called back later in the show and said he went to the doctor this morning after throwing up blood, but didn't elaborate much on it.

No doubt he has done a lot of damage to himself in all the years of drugging, drinking and overeating. I hope he can get himself healthier!

SubwayFanatic
12-09-08, 11:16 AM
That Richard phony phone call where he just keeps telling the store employee, "Merry Christmas" and stuff over and over again was freaking hysterical.

This may be it. (Can't listen at work to know for sure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTdrJt9KUbA

JDPNYY
12-09-08, 09:24 PM
That Richard phony phone call where he just keeps telling the store employee, "Merry Christmas" and stuff over and over again was freaking hysterical.

This may be it. (Can't listen at work to know for sure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTdrJt9KUbA

That was a great call.

yankeesAZ
12-31-08, 10:26 AM
Anyone else feel "The History of Howard Stern Part II" fell flat this time?

Haven't listened to half of it yet, but compared to last year, this feels like a glorified "best of" week.

KLJ
12-31-08, 10:50 AM

Haven't listened to half of it yet, but compared to last year, this feels like a glorified "best of" week.
you are right, part 2 is mostly old clips from years past which i personally can't stand. sterns voice is unlistenable. they mentioned that the old tapes play back at a slightly higher speed which accounts for the higher voice but it seems to me that if that were the case, there would be an easy fix for it.

i just don't remember his voice being like that when i listened back in the day.

NelsonMuntz
12-31-08, 10:50 AM

I agree. Aside from the occasional staff interview/sound bite in between segments it's essentially Mastertape Theater.

tdel23
12-31-08, 10:57 AM
I enjoyed the parts that Kinison was in, especially the feuds.

SubwayFanatic
01-08-09, 11:18 AM
How long before Artie is in "rehab" again?

b-ball-lunachick
01-30-09, 01:46 PM
Okay, hearing Richard on the air last night talking about wearing the same clothes including underwear on an entire weekend trip is just gross..and how he is on vacation so he doesn't brush his teeth. :wtf: Just hearing his voice creeps me out..and I don't like his dumb phone calls either...I can't hear his voice without thinking of him at the computer with his porn all night either...okay, Richard Rant over. :D He just grosses me out..

And did I hear that Sal caught his wife cheating? when did that happen?

yankeesAZ
01-30-09, 05:46 PM
Okay, hearing Richard on the air last night talking about wearing the same clothes including underwear on an entire weekend trip is just gross..and how he is on vacation so he doesn't brush his teeth. :wtf: Just hearing his voice creeps me out..and I don't like his dumb phone calls either...I can't hear his voice without thinking of him at the computer with his porn all night either...okay, Richard Rant over. :D He just grosses me out..

Richard is gross, but I love his phony phone calls to an extent. Sometimes Howard overplays them.

As far as Sal goes, this is the same old story about the "emotional friend". There is no actual evidence she cheated nor did she cop to it, but all the signs point there.

Octoberbaby
01-31-09, 04:27 PM

I am with you on Richard Christy. I get grossed out by Sal, too. The show could really do without those bits they do after commercials especially since they play them over and over again.

I am sure Sal's wife is cheating! Why wouldn't she to try and forget the a** she is married to?

yankeesAZ
02-09-09, 09:38 PM
Amazing timing on Stern scoring an interview with Brian McNamee today.

Didn't get a whole lot out of him though.

b-ball-lunachick
02-10-09, 09:37 AM
I am with you on Richard Christy. I get grossed out by Sal, too. The show could really do without those bits they do after commercials especially since they play them over and over again.

I am sure Sal's wife is cheating! Why wouldn't she to try and forget the a** she is married to?

I hear you..I think they should get rid of Richard Christy though - I only get schieved by Sal when he talks about his booth visits but I get schieved by RC now as soon as he opens his mouth. :(

Octoberbaby
02-10-09, 05:01 PM
I hear you..I think they should get rid of Richard Christy though - I only get schieved by Sal when he talks about his booth visits but I get schieved by RC now as soon as he opens his mouth. :(

So true! :D

yankeesAZ
02-10-09, 10:13 PM
Seems like Howard is getting very concerned about Echostar buying Sirius/XM, especially if it's in a bankruptcy scenario.

If Sirius/XM goes BK, they can unload the last 2 years of Howard's contract and about $200M.

yankeesAZ
02-14-09, 09:58 AM
Did we hear the last Howard Stern show this week?

While unlikely, it is possible. He is on vacation this week and the Sirius debt payment is due on Tuesday.

Sirius/XM could go BK and whomever picks up what is left can dump Stern and the bloated contract that even makes A-Rod jealous.

RhodyYanksFan
02-14-09, 10:49 AM

While unlikely, it is possible. He is on vacation this week and the Sirius debt payment is due on Tuesday.

Sirius/XM could go BK and whomever picks up what is left can dump Stern and the bloated contract that even makes A-Rod jealous.

O&A were joking (nervously) that Howard might end up owning SiriusXM because he's one of their biggest creditors. Just like how Mario Lemieux ended up owning the Penguins when they went bankrupt.

yankeesAZ
02-14-09, 10:51 AM
O&A were joking (nervously) that Howard might end up owning SiriusXM because he's one of their biggest creditors. Just like how Mario Lemieux ended up owning the Penguins when they went bankrupt.

I did read an article where he does have more clout in BK proceedings. He would be way ahead of shareholders in line to get his money.

b-ball-lunachick
02-14-09, 11:01 AM

I hope not..otherwise I'm cancelling the extra $4 I paid to get him...

SubwayFanatic
03-16-09, 11:24 AM
I am calling it now -- I really think Howard is going back to terrestrial radio when his deal runs out with Sirius.
I heard him today and his tune has changed. "Well, I never want to go back to regular radio, but you never know!"

This is a far cry from what he used to say when he first went over to Sirius.

I really think he will go back to regular radio because I don't think Sirius, a company that is in such huge financial trouble, is going to offer him another huge deal.

I also think Howard sees regular radio failing and has a huge enough ego to think he can go back and be the savior.

Octoberbaby
03-16-09, 01:42 PM
I am calling it now -- I really think Howard is going back to terrestrial radio when his deal runs out with Sirius.
I heard him today and his tune has changed. "Well, I never want to go back to regular radio, but you never know!"

This is a far cry from what he used to say when he first went over to Sirius.

I really think he will go back to regular radio because I don't think Sirius, a company that is in such huge financial trouble, is going to offer him another huge deal.

I also think Howard sees regular radio failing and has a huge enough ego to think he can go back and be the savior.

Yeah, but the question remains, what will he do about the censorship?

RhodyYanksFan
03-16-09, 02:03 PM
I don't see him going back to FM. It's just not feasible. Stations are trying to run operations as cheaply as possible these days. He will demand way too much money. Also, he won't be able to do his show on FM anymore. Forget about the cursing, but just about everything is censored on the radio. There were times when O&A got dumped out of stuff that was a recording of a news story that aired on TV.

YankeePride1967
03-16-09, 02:26 PM
After hearing O&A on CBS vs. their show on XM, if he goes back to terrestrial, I'll feel bad for the listeners (of which I'm an occasional listener).

GoRasner
04-11-09, 02:39 PM
Old bit, I know, but I love this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3TW1RI44kk

tdel23
04-22-09, 11:13 AM
RIP Blue Iris.

Lisa got to her news preview and said that Blue Iris is on life support as of Sunday and she is unresponsive now. They are going to disconnect the life support this morning so she may be gone. Howard said that was very sad news. They had some video of Artie making out with Blue Iris on the show one time. Lisa said that she's pretty much gone now and the doctors are saying that there is no cognition in her brain.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#wed

SubwayFanatic
04-22-09, 11:24 AM
RIP Blue Iris.

Lisa got to her news preview and said that Blue Iris is on life support as of Sunday and she is unresponsive now. They are going to disconnect the life support this morning so she may be gone. Howard said that was very sad news. They had some video of Artie making out with Blue Iris on the show one time. Lisa said that she's pretty much gone now and the doctors are saying that there is no cognition in her brain.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#wed

How old was she?

KLJ
04-22-09, 07:17 PM
How old was she?
62 rough years

SubwayFanatic
04-23-09, 02:17 PM
Notice how on the show yesterday, Howard was saying Beth's friends have been asking her about them having kids and stuff.

I feel like there is a very good chance she gets pregnant. And soon.

Octoberbaby
04-23-09, 11:22 PM
Notice how on the show yesterday, Howard was saying Beth's friends have been asking her about them having kids and stuff.

I feel like there is a very good chance she gets pregnant. And soon.

I am sure that will happen. Beth didn't care about marriage or motherhood but she ended up married and, you can bet on it, she will end up a mother.

yankeesAZ
04-23-09, 11:26 PM
I am sure that will happen. Beth didn't care about marriage or motherhood but she ended up married and, you can bet on it, she will end up a mother.

Of course she will. I just hope it happens soon (before his contract is up), so we can all hear Howard try to give some BS excuse to the listeners.

SubwayFanatic
04-24-09, 08:29 AM
I wonder what Howard's real opinion is on having kids.

I know for sure that I would not want to be around 60 years and taking my kid to school in five or six years.

Octoberbaby
04-24-09, 06:19 PM
Of course she will. I just hope it happens soon (before his contract is up), so we can all hear Howard try to give some BS excuse to the listeners.

Yeah, I really would like to hear him trying to wriggle out of that one! :D

SubwayFanatic
05-12-09, 11:35 AM
Poor Gary tried so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLacTl37_FI

b-ball-lunachick
05-12-09, 11:51 AM
Poor Gary tried so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLacTl37_FI
I posted that in the Mets thread and the funny video thread - it was hysterical. :D Artie and Howard have been so funny killing him...Sissy Field. :D

Octoberbaby
05-12-09, 08:40 PM
I posted that in the Mets thread and the funny video thread - it was hysterical. :D Artie and Howard have been so funny killing him...Sissy Field. :D

Keith Olberman showed it last night on his show. I'm sure Gary wasn't very happy about that! Poor Gary!

NelsonMuntz
05-12-09, 08:44 PM
Wasn't he actually training and practicing for weeks to make that pitch? That was so bad.

SubwayFanatic
05-13-09, 05:37 AM
Wasn't he actually training and practicing for weeks to make that pitch? That was so bad.

Yes. He hired a pitching coach and a sports psychiatrist and everything.

b-ball-lunachick
05-13-09, 10:55 AM
Yes. He hired a pitching coach and a sports psychiatrist and everything.
I heard the pitching coach on yesterday. :D Even Ron Howard was laughing at him this morning. :D

Micky Rivers's Bat
05-13-09, 08:30 PM
man, that was truly awful.

Octoberbaby
05-15-09, 03:18 PM
I just listened to Monday's show and I thought Artie was particularly cruel to Gary. I think Artie has a mean steak and he hides behind the nice guy persona. I feel sorry for Gary.

KLJ
05-15-09, 03:46 PM
I just listened to Monday's show and I thought Artie was particularly cruel to Gary. I think Artie has a mean steak and he hides behind the nice guy persona. I feel sorry for Gary.

1. i do believe artie has a mean streak. this isn't the first time he has let it show.

2. i do not fell sorry for gary in the least. he should have never thrown out the 1st pitch in the 1st place. he throws like a girl. (yea, yea, call me sexist)