PDA

View Full Version : So, who do the Yankees get?

RhodyYanksFan
11-28-05, 11:51 PM
With the recent signings/trades of Delgado, Beckett, Wagner, Ryan, etc most of the quote/unquote top free agents of this off-season have moved. Meanwhlie the Yankees sit idly by. I know it's only November and the winter meetings are still to come, but it seems a little dis-heartening to see the Yankees not even get mentioned in any off-season transactions thus far.

Before you go bashing me, I know that Beckett isn't worth it, Lowell is an albatross, Delgado wouldn't fit here, and Wagner is 35. I thought BJ Ryan wanted to be on the Yankees? Did Joe even call him? How did Cashman allow him to go to a division rival?

wileedog
11-28-05, 11:54 PM
I thought BJ Ryan wanted to be on the Yankees? Did Joe even call him? How did Cashman allow him to go to a division rival?

Ryan wanted to close and was offered a ludicrous amount of money to do so.

How was Cashman supposed to stop him?

I Love Wang
11-28-05, 11:54 PM
Did this need its own thread?

And B.J. Ryan got a better job at a ludicrous price. What was Cashman supposed to do? Offer him $60 million?

Bernie Inferno
11-28-05, 11:55 PM
This thread is ridiculous.

Don't make a move for the sake of making a move.

Zimmers' Helmet
11-29-05, 12:01 AM
With the recent signings/trades of Delgado, Beckett, Wagner, Ryan, etc most of the quote/unquote top free agents of this off-season have moved. Meanwhlie the Yankees sit idly by. I know it's only November and the winter meetings are still to come, but it seems a little dis-heartening to see the Yankees not even get mentioned in any off-season transactions thus far.

Before you go bashing me, I know that Beckett isn't worth it, Lowell is an albatross, Delgado wouldn't fit here, and Wagner is 35. I thought BJ Ryan wanted to be on the Yankees? Did Joe even call him? How did Cashman allow him to go to a division rival?

Not one of those players in which you named would actually fill a need on the Yankee roster except perhaps Beckett although his shoulder is reportedly a mess.

Unfortunately for the Yankees, this years' free-agent market is thin in set-up relievers and centerfielders.

Michaels07
11-29-05, 12:09 AM
Heck, even after the Mets obtained Delgado and Wagner they won`t win the NL East.

shroud
11-29-05, 12:12 AM
I agree, we should sign Damon to a 10 year $200 million dollar contract and sign Wagner and Hoffman to 7 year $100 million contracts. And if anybody from the AL east offers more then we hire goons and beat them upside the head :P

Or we could just sit back and watch how these horrible contracts they sign choke them and leave them with zero financial flexibility. :) I choose the latter.

nyg02005
11-29-05, 12:25 AM
everybody seems to forget that we got veras.

Pakalolo
11-29-05, 12:25 AM
Not one of those players in which you named would actually fill a need on the Yankee roster except perhaps Beckett although his shoulder is reportedly a mess.

where did you read this??