PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

Yankee Bulldawg
11-15-05, 04:36 PM
Just curious here if anyone has pre-ordered it or not? I saw one the other day on display at EB Games and personally wasn't to impressed with it. I'm gonna wait until the PS3 comes out

Evil Empire
11-15-05, 04:41 PM
For me, it's too expensive for something I'm probably rarely gonna play.

TannerBoyle
11-15-05, 04:56 PM
I saw a demo of some army game on a flat HDTV in a store last week and had to refrain from ordering it...and I don't even play army games, the graphics were just that crazy. Gonna hold off until when next year's football games come out, since I already have NCAA Football and NBA 2k for the present Xbox and not enough time to play them.

JapanJobbers
11-15-05, 06:12 PM
It's too expensive for me right now. I might pick one up at my local electronic store since they have the "don't pay for 3 months" deal, but I'm in no rush.

Darth_Takeo
11-15-05, 06:20 PM
It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when...
:D

I can't wait to see the new crop of baseball games... Hopefully they will look as cool as the NBA game. Wow.

Sam18
11-15-05, 06:55 PM
PS3 is gonna be twice as powerful. Besides XBOX 360 is not gonna have Metal Gear Solid 4, so there's no way I'm gonna get it.

RhodyYanksFan
11-15-05, 06:57 PM
I'm waiting for PS3. I've always enjoyed the Sony product better. Can any of you Xbox'ers tell me why you rationalize paying for Xbox Online when it's free for Playstation?

Sam18
11-15-05, 06:59 PM
I'm waiting for PS3. I've always enjoyed the Sony product better. Can any of you Xbox'ers tell me why you rationalize paying for Xbox Online when it's free for Playstation?

Plus PS games are a thousand times better and cooler.

BronxByTheBay
11-15-05, 07:31 PM
PS2 has a bigger library, and due to this it's also filled with much more crap.

I can't speak for the new stuff, but the Xbox is a much better machine than the PS2. There is virtually no game that has versions on both that doesn't look and play better on the Xbox.

sugmasterflex
11-15-05, 07:35 PM
NINTENDO! :D

Evil Empire
11-15-05, 07:36 PM
Yeah, If I'm getting a new system, it's gonna be PS3.

Sam18
11-15-05, 07:45 PM
PS2 has a bigger library, and due to this it's also filled with much more crap.

I can't speak for the new stuff, but the Xbox is a much better machine than the PS2. There is virtually no game that has versions on both that doesn't look and play better on the Xbox.

It takes two years for the great PS games to comeout on XBOX. By the time GTA and MGS2 came out on XBOX everyone had already forgotten about them.

BronxByTheBay
11-15-05, 08:22 PM
It takes two years for the great PS games to comeout on XBOX. By the time GTA and MGS2 came out on XBOX everyone had already forgotten about them.

Who cares? XBox is a better machine and a most titles are released for multiple platforms these days anyway.

Sam18
11-15-05, 08:27 PM
Who cares? XBox is a better machine and a most titles are released for multiple platforms these days anyway.

X-box is the better system graphics wise but PS2 has the better games and you don't need to buy extra stuff to play DVDs.

Stealthspy
11-15-05, 09:00 PM
PS2 has a bigger library, and due to this it's also filled with much more crap.So don't buy the crap...

I can't speak for the new stuff, but the Xbox is a much better machine than the PS2. There is virtually no game that has versions on both that doesn't look and play better on the Xbox.Yes, it is, due to the fact it's technology is a year and a month newer than the PS2. That difference in graphics is the result of a year of innovation. We'll see if the same holds true for the PS3, which is being released 5 months later than the xBox 360. The PS3 is technically superior on paper, however Microsoft claims that Sony's architecture is ill-suited for real life gaming and puts up better theoretical numbers, but won't produce. They also claim their memory is better. Sony has been caught pimping things they couldn't back up before, so it could happen again.

Time will tell.

RhodeyYankee2638
11-15-05, 09:21 PM
XBOX 360 for me. Halo 3, Project Gotham 3, Perfect Dark, that'll do for me.

Sam18
11-15-05, 09:28 PM
XBOX 360 for me. Halo 3, Project Gotham 3, Perfect Dark, that'll do for me.

Not a big fan of GTA and MGS huh?

Evil Empire
11-15-05, 09:30 PM
Perfect Dark's on XBOX? Not on the new nintendo?

RhodeyYankee2638
11-15-05, 09:31 PM
Not a big fan of GTA and MGS huh?

nope, im a multiplayer guy and xbox 360 is gonna be a better multiplayer system. i have one of the MGS one xbox and it gets boring after a while. i enjoy blowing lots of stuff up, rather than creeping around corners and hiding in lockers, not my cup o tea. im sure each system is going to kick ass, i like xbox better though

RhodeyYankee2638
11-15-05, 09:31 PM

Yep, and it looks decent

RhodyYanksFan
11-15-05, 09:52 PM
So don't buy the crap...
Yes, it is, due to the fact it's technology is a year and a month newer than the PS2. That difference in graphics is the result of a year of innovation. We'll see if the same holds true for the PS3, which is being released 5 months later than the xBox 360. The PS3 is technically superior on paper, however Microsoft claims that Sony's architecture is ill-suited for real life gaming and puts up better theoretical numbers, but won't produce. They also claim their memory is better. Sony has been caught pimping things they couldn't back up before, so it could happen again.

Time will tell.

So...let me get this straight. Microsoft says that the Xbox is better then Playstation? Who coulda seen that coming?

The PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise the FASTEST computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is.

RhodeyYankee2638
11-15-05, 09:58 PM
So...let me get this straight. Microsoft says that the Xbox is better then Playstation? Who coulda seen that coming?

The PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise the FASTEST computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is.

How many gigs does that bad boy hold?

yankeesAZ
11-15-05, 10:19 PM
Most likely I will have to wait. Even MS admits they are going after the hard core gamers with this launch. The price will drop when PS3 comes out.

Get the $399 version instead of the stripped down $299 one.

JapanJobbers
11-15-05, 10:29 PM
Most likely I will have to wait. Even MS admits they are going after the hard core gamers with this launch. The price will drop when PS3 comes out.

Get the $399 version instead of the stripped down $299 one.

I originally thought I would wait til the price drops as well, but it seems that the PS3 won't be out for at least another year.

I Love Wang
11-15-05, 10:33 PM
Halo sucks. I hate modern video games.

yankeesAZ
11-15-05, 10:44 PM
I originally thought I would wait til the price drops as well, but it seems that the PS3 won't be out for at least another year.

True, so patience is key. I didn't get Xbox until 2 years after it came out. I'll definitely be waiting to hear what everyone else says over the next month or two.

There are only certain games 360 will be backwords compatible with. Most popular games will be ok, but a few may be left out of the loop on 360.

RhodeyYankee2638
11-15-05, 10:51 PM
True, so patience is key. I didn't get Xbox until 2 years after it came out. I'll definitely be waiting to hear what everyone else says over the next month or two.

There are only certain games 360 will be backwords compatible with. Most popular games will be ok, but a few may be left out of the loop on 360.

Im definitly not buying it now. Im in college, and im not wasting money and getting the stripped version. Ill probably get it next summer when theres nothing to do

dabomb2045
11-15-05, 11:44 PM

my problem is that my old Xbox's CD drive crapped out about a month ago....so I've been game console-less since then

I know it will be dumb to buy 360 as soon as it comes out...but I dont know if i can help it....I need video games

RhodyYanksFan
11-16-05, 12:10 AM
my problem is that my old Xbox's CD drive crapped out about a month ago....so I've been game console-less since then

I know it will be dumb to buy 360 as soon as it comes out...but I dont know if i can help it....I need video games

That sucks, but if you wait till after the holidays and use that money you get it'll be like getting it on sale. As I said before, I'm waiting for PS3, but if you think about it, for $400 you're getting a hell of a computer in the xbox360 so it's really not that over-priced, especially when PS2 and the original Xbox were $450-$500 upon their release.

NewEraYanks2527
11-16-05, 12:57 AM
I had it pre-ordered but now I am just going to use that money to buy a PS2 and have both PS2 and Xbox. I got really pissed about the continually raising price. You pay the 400 but you dont get any games and one controller, another controller is 40 or 50 if you want wireless and you need to buy the charger for the controller another 20 bucks. Throw in a 30 dollar warrenty and and you are over 500 with no games. No thank you.

chanman7483
11-16-05, 01:11 AM
I'm going to wait for a while for a couple of reasons:

1) Prices to drop
2) I need time to evaluate the games and performance of each system
3) Prices to drop :)

I just rediscovered GTA: SA and have been playing that pretty consistently when I have time. I'm on the 4 Dragons stage where you go to the rappers home in the hills to kill him.... plus I'm looking forward to MVP 2006 on PS2, so those will keep me occupied for a long time... but that project gotham commercial for xbox360 looked insane.

RhodyYanksFan
11-16-05, 07:36 AM
I'm going to wait for a while for a couple of reasons:

1) Prices to drop
2) I need time to evaluate the games and performance of each system
3) Prices to drop :)

I just rediscovered GTA: SA and have been playing that pretty consistently when I have time. I'm on the 4 Dragons stage where you go to the rappers home in the hills to kill him.... plus I'm looking forward to MVP 2006 on PS2, so those will keep me occupied for a long time... but that project gotham commercial for xbox360 looked insane.

Bad news bro...There won't be a MVP 2006. Just like EA bought out the rights to the NFL, someone else (sega I think) had MLB so there won't be an EA baseball game :(

DontHateOnNumber2
11-16-05, 09:24 AM
I haven't preordered it yet, I probably won't get it for months because I don't have the money right now. I'm getting it though. Madden looks sick, and the possibility of a GOOD WWE game for a console other than Playstation is still there....I hope.

DontHateOnNumber2
11-16-05, 09:26 AM
Bad news bro...There won't be a MVP 2006. Just like EA bought out the rights to the NFL, someone else (sega I think) had MLB so there won't be an EA baseball game :(

There will be an EA baseball game. I think the name is EA College Baseball: MVP Edition or something like that. It's obviously an NCAA Baseball game. PING!

Evil Empire
11-16-05, 09:57 AM
So is there going to be an EA major league Game?

chanman7483
11-16-05, 10:50 AM
I do'nt care what it is, as long as it's good :(

DontHateOnNumber2
11-16-05, 11:05 AM
So is there going to be an EA major league Game?

Nope. EA wanted to be a bunch of weenies and nab exclusive rights to NFL games so Take-Two did the same for MLB. I believe any publisher can make an MLB game....just not EA. That sucks pretty bad. I think the MLB game to look out for is the one by 989 Sports now. Whoever comes out with one better not disappoint.

51BWilliams
11-16-05, 11:07 AM
I had it pre-ordered but now I am just going to use that money to buy a PS2 and have both PS2 and Xbox. I got really pissed about the continually raising price. You pay the 400 but you dont get any games and one controller, another controller is 40 or 50 if you want wireless and you need to buy the charger for the controller another 20 bucks. Throw in a 30 dollar warrenty and and you are over 500 with no games. No thank you.

Hey, might be best to not buy a PS2, given that PS3 is due to be released in the spring. Just seems like a waste of money to buy it when the next one is on the near horizon.

If you want to get another system, get a Gamecube. I have all 3 major systems, and I've logged more time on GC than on PS2 or XBox combined.

Evil Empire
11-16-05, 11:09 AM
Nope. EA wanted to be a bunch of weenies and nab exclusive rights to NFL games so Take-Two did the same for MLB. I believe any publisher can make an MLB game....just not EA. That sucks pretty bad. I think the MLB game to look out for is the one by 989 Sports now. Whoever comes out with one better not disappoint.

That really sucks.

Evil Empire
11-16-05, 11:09 AM
I say we all boycott, and buy DreamCasts!!!!11!112@!

RhodyYanksFan
11-16-05, 11:12 AM
If you want to get another system, get a Gamecube. I have all 3 major systems, and I've logged more time on GC than on PS2 or XBox combined.

Wow. Gamecube is too childish for me. Nintendo still thinks the 3 billion dollar gaming market is full of 8 year olds who like playing games that have Mario doing everything under the sun - tennis, golf, fishing, kickboxing, etc. I can't get into it.

chanman7483
11-16-05, 11:17 AM
Wow. Gamecube is too childish for me. Nintendo still thinks the 3 billion dollar gaming market is full of 8 year olds who like playing games that have Mario doing everything under the sun - tennis, golf, fishing, kickboxing, etc. I can't get into it.

Exactly. GC is a joke. "Paper Mario" has to be the worst game ever. It's just like any mario game except he's...as thin as a piece of paper(The game is set in a 3D world)

DontHateOnNumber2
11-16-05, 11:29 AM
I say we all boycott, and buy DreamCasts!!!!11!112@!

I would agree with you if they hadn't stopped production about ::looks at watch:: four years ago. :D

Evil Empire
11-16-05, 11:30 AM
I would agree with you if they hadn't stopped production about ::looks at watch:: four years ago. :D

Time is not my master!

DontHateOnNumber2
11-16-05, 11:32 AM
Exactly. GC is a joke. "Paper Mario" has to be the worst game ever. It's just like any mario game except he's...as thin as a piece of paper(The game is set in a 3D world)

My favorite game is Mario House Party! You get to host a house party with Mario as host and everyone else as guests (Peach, Bowser, goombas, etc.) and you have to continually flip burgers or they'll get burnt! Every third level it's a night stage where you've in the front satisfying peoples booze requests while trying to score some weed at the same time, but you better smoke out fast because you have only 3 minutes!! I don't recommend this game for kids though because smoking is nasty :barf: I think it's rated E though :(

Not only that, but I just found out per FakeVideoGameSite.com that there's a Hot Coffee code, I hear you can use Action Replay to unlock it....it involves Princess Peach and a bedroom I believe... :eek:

Evil Empire
11-16-05, 11:35 AM
My favorite game is Mario House Party! You get to host a house party with Mario as host and everyone else as guests (Peach, Bowser, goombas, etc.) and you have to continually flip burgers or they'll get burnt! Every third level it's a night stage where you've in the front satisfying peoples booze requests while trying to score some weed at the same time, but you better smoke out fast because you have only 3 minutes!! I don't recommend this game for kids though because smoking is nasty :barf: I think it's rated E though :(

Not only that, but I just found out per FakeVideoGameSite.com that there's a Hot Coffee code, I hear you can use Action Replay to unlock it....it involves Princess Peach and a bedroom I believe... :eek:

What? Weed? Booze? Mario game?

51BWilliams
11-16-05, 12:50 PM

Im with you there. For the most part I don't buy all those games. Tho Mario SUnshine, Metroid Prime 1+2, Zelda: Wind Walker and the Resident Evil franchise has kept me rather happy. THe games have a lot of depth and good gameplay.

You just need to look past the cutsie ................ and see that the game beneath is pretty good. Especially the Zelda game. The cel shading makes it look childish, but that is a great game, and to pass it up just cuz it's kiddie looking is doing yourself a disservice... Unless of course you just weren't into Zelda to being with , I guess...

I will say that I much prefer gaming on my PC to a console, but that is just my own preference. Control is much better, and more natural to me, as I am at a computer for much of my meaningless existance due to work and games.

dabomb2045
11-16-05, 04:56 PM

989 sports....sucks major ass

NewEraYanks2527
11-17-05, 02:23 PM
Hey, might be best to not buy a PS2, given that PS3 is due to be released in the spring. Just seems like a waste of money to buy it when the next one is on the near horizon.

150 bucks Vs OVER 400 to me doesnt seem like a waste of money, and like I said I'm getting it for the new Smackdown game, I'm a big wrestling game fan and the wrestling game experience is what prompts me to buy new systems. My roomates and I do alot of multiplayer wrestling games and it always makes for a really fun time.

Kulish29
11-17-05, 05:21 PM

Microsoft bought Rare when the original Xbox came out. And, up to this point, they have doen a horrible job with the company.

Kulish29
11-17-05, 05:24 PM
EA is making MVP 2006. It's just going to be a with college teams. It'll use the same (updated of course) engine that the previous MVP titles used.

Kulish29
11-17-05, 05:32 PM
989 sports....sucks major ass

Their baseball game this year wasnt all that bad. It was actually more realistic than MVP.

yankeesAZ
11-17-05, 08:18 PM

IMO, we got screwed in both sports. I wish EA got booted from the NFL instead and Take Two from MLB. But I will just have to grin and bear it. MLB 2k5 had to be one the worst glitch-ridden games I have ever played (4-5 passed balls on average per game, 3-4 home run robberies per game or more, and outfielders that can run faster than a horse to catch anything in the air). Madden was not too bad this year (but not great), but I would have liked to have seen NFL 2k6 instead.

Stealthspy
11-17-05, 09:09 PM

The PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise the FASTEST computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is.No. You can't simply put raw Tereflop performance as a measure of how powerful a console is. The xBox 360 has 3 cores running at 3.2 GHZ, while the PS3 has double that + 1. However it's how this architecture is used and the coding model, etc. that will truely determine which system is more powerful than the other.

Based on raw data, no system can be better than another. Both are great architectures, with their pros and cons, but you need to have a real life comparison to decide.

Luvtino
11-18-05, 12:10 AM
Saw this article and thought some of you might be interested in it. :)

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/57621.htm

DON'T BUY THE XBOX 360

By MAXINE SHEN

November 17, 2005 -- THE buzz started six months ago. There's Bill Gates on the cover of Time magazine in May, with a glowing green-and-white machine. "Inside Bill's New Xbox" it screamed.

Since then, the Xbox 360 - a sequel to Microsoft's Xbox video-game unit - has been the subject of breathless profiles, splashy television ads and Internet gossip. The first shipments, due Tuesday, are already sold out. Analysts are calling it this year's hot holiday gift. Don't believe the hype - and don't buy the Xbox 360.

Oh, it's an amazing console, don't get us wrong. Plugged into a high-definition television set with a booming sound system, it's amazing, a wonderland of sights and music.

But that's the part of the problem. To get the full Xbox 360 experience, you need to spend hundreds - perhaps thousands - of dollars. All that for a machine that won't play the hot games this season, like Star Wars Battlefront II and 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

Save your cash, and skip the frenzy. Here are five reasons you should say "game over" to the Xbox 360:

* Price - The Xbox 360 comes in two versions: the hard drive-less "core" system for $299 and the premium package for $399. But those who buy the lower-cost version are in for a surprise - they won't be able to play any of the Xbox games they already own.

"A lot of parents who go out and buy the $300 system because they can't afford the $400 system, will have kids who aren't going to able to play Halo or Halo 2 because backwards compatibility is going to be on the hard drive," says Brian D. Crecente, editor of kotaku.com, a gaming news blog.

* Lack of games - Microsoft has announced there will be 200 backwards compatible games (including Forza Motorsport and Halo 2), but only 19 launch titles for the 360. Only a handful are exclusives.

And popular new games, like 50 Cent: Bulletproof and The Warriors won't play on the 360 at all.

Douglass Perry, editor in chief of the Xbox channel on IGN, says, "If you can wait, the second wave of games [due next year] are going to give developers the chance to really show us next generation gaming in the truest sense."

* No competition - Sure, you could rush out and drop hundreds on the 360, but we have no idea what the next-gen PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Revolution are going to be capable of doing. Both of those systems are due next year, and will surely spark a mini price war with the Xbox 360.

* Hidden costs - Right now, the Xbox 360's stunning graphics is it's biggest selling point, but to take advantage of it, you'll need to invest in a high-definition TV - tacking on an extra couple hundred bucks, at least.

"We've all heard Microsoft basically saying that if you want to get an HDTV, the 360 is going to be the thing that makes you go out and get one," Crecente says. "Most of us dismissed that, but I swear, it's like they designed the 360 to make your TV look bad if you don't have HDTV."

And if you add peripherals, such as the ability to play games over the Internet, and the Xbox 360 costs nearly $600!

* Older consoles are not dead yet - Both the original Xbox and the PS2 are selling for $149, with the GameCube coming in at a mere $99 - in all cases, a complete steal compared to the Xbox 360.

You could take the money you saved and put it towards buying all the systems plus a whole bunch of great games like The Warriors.

Although he's a firm believer in the Xbox 360, Perry says, "If you buy a PS2 or an Xbox now, you're buying a system at the end of its lifestyle, when some of the best games are showing up."

RhodyYanksFan
11-18-05, 12:47 AM
You just need to look past the cutsie ................ and see that the game beneath is pretty good. Especially the Zelda game. The cel shading makes it look childish, but that is a great game, and to pass it up just cuz it's kiddie looking is doing yourself a disservice... Unless of course you just weren't into Zelda to being with , I guess...

The Ocaraina of Time is one of the 3 best games of all time in my book.

yankeesAZ
11-18-05, 01:22 AM
Saw this article and thought some of you might be interested in it. :)

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/57621.htm

DON'T BUY THE XBOX 360

Very true. I have seen most of these arguments from various sources. I went and bought NHL 2k6 ($20 for Xbox) today. The game is being sold for Xbox 360 for $60 and even the guys at EB Games admitted its essentially the same game, but maybe with a few better screenshots on 360, but no real huge difference. For the average person, regular Xbox will do.

If you're a hardcore gamer or have the right TVs and sound systems, then 360 is for you. Even MS doesn't expect the casual gamer to buy 360. But they would like it if you did anyway. For the price of 360, you can get 8 kick ass games for regular Xbox.

DontHateOnNumber2
11-18-05, 02:44 AM
What? Weed? Booze? Mario game?

Uhh...FakeVideoGameSite.com? None of it was real. Sorry if I got you excited. :lol:

dabomb2045
11-18-05, 02:49 AM
will old Xbox games be able to play on the 360??

Luvtino
11-18-05, 03:24 AM

Only if you buy the $400 version of the system.

dabomb2045
11-18-05, 04:01 AM

heh...guess I'll be waiting for awhile until that price goes down

yankeesAZ
11-18-05, 01:03 PM

...and it still will not play all old Xbox games, but most popular titles should be ok.

Is MS creating a shortage?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/248871_msftsupply18.html

"Video-game consoles will be scarce and lines could be long upon next week's North American launch of Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 -- with some retailers warning that they won't even have enough at first to fill all the orders placed by customers months ago."

"In Seattle, the EB Games at Pacific Place took about 250 preorders but expects to have only 40 Xbox 360s on hand on launch day, said Todd Johnson, assistant store manager. People further down the list will have to wait for future shipments."

Now that sucks if you plunked down money months ago and still don't get one.

BronxByTheBay
11-18-05, 03:36 PM
...and it still will not play all old Xbox games, but most popular titles should be ok.

Is MS creating a shortage?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/248871_msftsupply18.html

"Video-game consoles will be scarce and lines could be long upon next week's North American launch of Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 -- with some retailers warning that they won't even have enough at first to fill all the orders placed by customers months ago."

"In Seattle, the EB Games at Pacific Place took about 250 preorders but expects to have only 40 Xbox 360s on hand on launch day, said Todd Johnson, assistant store manager. People further down the list will have to wait for future shipments."

Now that sucks if you plunked down money months ago and still don't get one.

It's all such bullsh*t. Everyone should stay away from the next gen consoles for a year. It's going to take at least that amount of time for software developers to release the first real crop of next gen games anyway.

RhodyYanksFan
11-18-05, 06:27 PM
It's all such bullsh*t. Everyone should stay away from the next gen consoles for a year. It's going to take at least that amount of time for software developers to release the first real crop of next gen games anyway.

Bingo! I didn't get PS2 until the end of 2003. I was a little late, but worth the wait. I also had roommates who had it since it came out so it was always around.

dabomb2045
11-18-05, 06:28 PM
I just seem to be in a dilemma

since my old Xbox broke, I need something

do I pony up the $400 for a brand new system that will be around for awhile....or do I spend $150 for an old system

RhodyYanksFan
11-18-05, 06:31 PM

do I pony up the $400 for a brand new system that will be around for awhile....or do I spend $150 for an old system

Get a refurb for $90. Or ask for the 360 for xmas and use some of your money (that'd you'd use to replace the original) to make sure it's the HD one so you can play the old ones.

yankeesAZ
11-18-05, 10:43 PM

If you got the $400, go for it. Otheriwise there has got to be a lot of original Xboxes being sold on Ebay or Craigslist in the low 100s or under $100.

yankeesrule2000
11-21-05, 02:11 PM
i allready bought it and 6 games...Yes i am crazy, im going to go pick it up tomorrow morning.

BronxByTheBay
11-21-05, 02:16 PM

A new XBox for $150 is a ten times better value than a new 360 for $400. The 360 won't be worth jack or sh*t until next year. Plus by then the price will have dropped due to competition from Sony and Nintendo.

I Love Wang
11-21-05, 02:32 PM
I'll never understand people's problem with Nintendo. As Tycho Brahe once said "As though playing a game with colors is going to turn you gay."

YankeePride1967
11-21-05, 06:18 PM
I just got back from my local Best Buy. They open at 9 AM tomorrow. They have a sign on the door saying they have 50 units of the new game. 25 of the pricer one ($500) and 25 of the less expensive one ($400). There were at least a dozen people camped outside ready to spend the night. As if it wasn't crazy enough to do that, the forecast tonight here in CT is for torrential rain all night long.

RhodyYanksFan
11-21-05, 06:30 PM
I just got back from my local Best Buy. They open at 9 AM tomorrow. They have a sign on the door saying they have 50 units of the new game. 25 of the pricer one ($500) and 25 of the less expensive one ($400). There were at least a dozen people camped outside ready to spend the night. As if it wasn't crazy enough to do that, the forecast tonight here in CT is for torrential rain all night long.

I hope you meant $400 and $300 or else those people are getting even more ripped off. I was at Best Buy before too. They are closing at 9 and re-opening at midnight. There was about 20 people lined up outside. I guess since Micro$oft said there won't be enough to go around, even if you pre-ordered, people are taking desperate measures. I think it's a crap move on Micro$oft's part.

YankeePride1967
11-21-05, 06:38 PM
I hope you meant $400 and $300 or else those people are getting even more ripped off. I was at Best Buy before too. They are closing at 9 and re-opening at midnight. There was about 20 people lined up outside. I guess since Micro$oft said there won't be enough to go around, even if you pre-ordered, people are taking desperate measures. I think it's a crap move on Micro$oft's part.

could be, I was just going from recollection. Either way, it's a freaking video game. People are nuts.

DkNNy79
11-21-05, 07:25 PM
My boyfriend is picking this up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can get him for Christmas?

He's really into video games...

yankeesrule2000
11-21-05, 07:35 PM
My boyfriend is picking this up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can get him for Christmas?

Perfect Dark Zero
Call of Duty 2

highest rated 360 games so far.

DkNNy79
11-21-05, 07:44 PM
Perfect Dark Zero
Call of Duty 2

highest rated 360 games so far.

Thanks Rich!

chanman7483
11-21-05, 08:35 PM
Call of Duty 2 looks AMAZING... just watched the trailer on IGN.com

unfortunately, none of the other games are too appealing to me... esp NBA 2k6.

RhodyYanksFan
11-21-05, 08:50 PM

A lap dance.

yankeesrule2000
11-21-05, 08:55 PM
Call of Duty 2 looks AMAZING... just watched the trailer on IGN.com

unfortunately, none of the other games are too appealing to me... esp NBA 2k6.

Perfect dark zero is amazing...Nba 2k6 i just bought, i hope it isnt bad..

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-21-05, 08:59 PM
I'll never understand people's problem with Nintendo. As Tycho Brahe once said "As though playing a game with colors is going to turn you gay."
That's my preference. They make more of the type of games that I like to play. Then again, give me the big fat gray original Game Boy and the original Marioland, and I'm happy for at least the entire 2 hours it takes for me to beat it in both modes. I'm not a fan of complicated things, so I guess my opinion probably doesn't matter here. :P

My fiance, on the other hand, just pulled off a massive operation to get Best Buy dollars from the monopoly game which he parlayed into a bunch of mp3 players which he sold on ebay to get the cash to buy a 360 tonight/tomorrow. We don't see eye to eye on such things. ;)

chanman7483
11-22-05, 12:09 AM
Perfect dark zero is amazing...Nba 2k6 i just bought, i hope it isnt bad..

It looks SLIGHTLY better, but it looks like it plays just like live 2006/2k6 for ps2.

Perfect Dark looks good but I'm not a fan of those weird fantasy games... I'd rather play Call of Duty 2 I think.. plus it looks exactly like Halo2, IMO.

dabomb2045
11-22-05, 12:25 AM
A new XBox for $150 is a ten times better value than a new 360 for $400. The 360 won't be worth jack or sh*t until next year. Plus by then the price will have dropped due to competition from Sony and Nintendo.

thanks BBTB...yeah the old Xbox sounds like a better option at this point...the more I read about the 360, the more suspicious I am of it, especially since I dont have HDTV...thus unable to take advantage of the best part of the system

BronxByTheBay
11-22-05, 12:51 AM
thanks BBTB...yeah the old Xbox sounds like a better option at this point...the more I read about the 360, the more suspicious I am of it, especially since I dont have HDTV...thus unable to take advantage of the best part of the system

That's another point everyone's missing. The peripherals needed to make this system really rip are cost-prohibitive right now. I'm sure the 360 will be a great machine eventually. Right now it's just a bunch of guys waiting in line outside of a Best Buy because they have to be the first to be raped by Bill Gates.

Besides if you're weighing and balancing where to allocate your video game system budget, why in the hell would you jump in the pool now without seeing what Sony and Nintendo are going to bring to the table?

TheTinoMobile
11-22-05, 11:48 AM
So anyone know where i can get my hands on one of them? Put a deposit down with EB here in July, and now im told i probably wont get it till late January, well now that totally ruins the whole "Christmas Present" idea, might as well make it a birthday present, since it will be 1 week after i get it anyway.....f*ck you bill gates, learn to produce the quantity you promise, that's twice now.... i've been f*cked by EB.

Called every WalMart / Target / Best Buy / CompUSA / Circuit City / FYE... alll sold out...

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 12:00 PM
Right now it's just a bunch of guys waiting in line outside of a Best Buy because they have to be the first to be raped by Bill Gates.

You're right, Gates even showed up at Best Buy in Bellevue to hand out the first Xbox 360:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/photos/photo.asp?PhotoID=78257

Count me in as one who's going to wait.

Sheff_Rod
11-22-05, 12:29 PM
So anyone know where i can get my hands on one of them? Put a deposit down with EB here in July, and now im told i probably wont get it till late January, well now that totally ruins the whole "Christmas Present" idea, might as well make it a birthday present, since it will be 1 week after i get it anyway.....f*ck you bill gates, learn to produce the quantity you promise, that's twice now.... i've been f*cked by EB.

Called every WalMart / Target / Best Buy / CompUSA / Circuit City / FYE... alll sold out...

Try here.

http://xbox.clambert.org/

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 12:53 PM
Try here.

http://xbox.clambert.org/

Pretty cool, but the list is as of last night at launch. My Best Buy in Bellevue clearly had the most of any store around here. They had 200 Premium and 66 Core.

They are selling on Ebay for a lot more than the retail price right now. If I got one, I'd sell it at a profit.

TheTinoMobile
11-22-05, 01:58 PM
Microsoft sucks at keeping promises.. they did the same ................ with the first Xbox... promised retailers 200 units even split with premium and core, and ended up giving some 20 some 50 some 80 and maybe 10 stores 200..

BronxByTheBay
11-22-05, 02:35 PM

They're simply manufacturing hype. They've been advertising this product for a couple of years - you think they didn't know how many they needed upon launch? It's all bullsh*t to create a demand and make the machine the "must have" of the holidays.

I'll keep saying the same thing: there is NO advantage to owning this system right now. None. You are overpaying for a machine that will be underwhelming once you realize there's a paucity of games AND the games that are available aren't that great.

DaBomber25
11-22-05, 03:18 PM
My friend works at a Best Buy and he said about 250 people camped out and they only had 80 systems. Not sure how that played out.

They're already going for thousands of dollars on Ebay.

yankeesrule2000
11-22-05, 03:41 PM
Im enjoying this system, so far it is awesome.

dabomb2045
11-22-05, 05:09 PM
what kind of idiot would pay $1500 for a 360 on Ebay?? I mean, really...how f*cking stupid is that

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 05:16 PM
what kind of idiot would pay $1500 for a 360 on Ebay?? I mean, really...how f*cking stupid is that

Some HS kid, who has a part time job that is strictly for spending money.

Once they get bored with the 18 games available, that person is going to say, "I paid $1500 for this $hit!"

Espinosa's Glasses
11-22-05, 05:17 PM
NINTENDO! :D

You ain't never lie

Kulish29
11-22-05, 05:29 PM

I agree. I'm not buying one for a year because I'm going to wait for the prices on the machines to drop.

Kulish29
11-22-05, 05:32 PM
My friend works at a Best Buy and he said about 250 people camped out and they only had 80 systems. Not sure how that played out.

They're already going for thousands of dollars on Ebay.

The Best Buy by my house had a roped off section for Xbox 360 buyers outside yesterday. At 3:00 pm, there were people waiting.

Wow.

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 05:35 PM
The Best Buy by my house had a roped off section for Xbox 360 buyers outside yesterday. At 3:00 pm, there were people waiting.

Wow.

If I had known someone would pay $1000+ for one, I would have stood in line. That 9-hour shift (til midnight), would net $600+ for a day's work.

Kulish29
11-22-05, 05:39 PM
If I had known someone would pay $1000+ for one, I would have stood in line. That 9-hour shift (til midnight), would net $600+ for a day's work.

I was talking to my friend about this. I told him that we should have gone 3 different stores and reserved one Xbox 360 at each. Then, I would've sold all 3 on ebay for a ridiculous price.

Damn hindsight.

RhodeyYankee2638
11-22-05, 05:41 PM
I was talking to my friend about this. I told him that we should have gone 3 different stores and reserved one Xbox 360 at each. Then, I would've sold all 3 on ebay for a ridiculous price.

Damn hindsight.

You may have better luck buying out all the copies of certain games at the store and hocking them for $120 each

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 05:48 PM

Damn hindsight.

If I had stood in line, somehow there would be a magical shipment of 1000 units and I'd be stuck with my investment.

Anyway, here's a great article on the first day stories:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140287.html

"After years of speculation, months of hype, and a mixed bag of launch titles, the Xbox 360 is now officially on sale across North America. The chaos began on the East Coast mid-Monday, when an armed robber absconded with two units from an EB Games outlet in Virginia."

..."in San Francisco's Richmond district, which quickly ran out of its two-dozen-odd allotment of 360s, a hysterical woman demanded the manager come over to her house on December 25 to explain to her young son why he wasn't getting a Christmas present."

:lol: Tell him Santa said he was a bad boy!

"On Tuesday, GameSpot staffers witnessed even more chaotic scenes at the local Target in Colma, on the Peninsula south of San Francisco. There, a lone security guard spent most of the night shooing an increasingly unruly crowd away from the parking lot. The situation nearly spun out of control around 7am, when the guard left his post for five minutes, prompting a mass influx of would-be customers eager to receive vouchers good for a 360.

When he returned, the security guard's attempts to get the over 100-person crowd to form a line were rebuffed until the arrival of police and a California National Guardsman around 8am. A trio of veteran GameSpotters witnessed the Guardsman quickly take control of the situation and move to the head of the line--where he promptly turned around and asked for a 360 voucher himself. The Guardsman then promptly fled the scene, voucher in hand, leaving police, Target employees, and a visibly agitated crowd to fend for themselves.

Even more underhanded events were afoot at the Target in the East Bay suburb of Pinole. There, voucher-scalping was rampant in the parking lot prior to the store opening, with some selling for as much as $300--not including the price of the 360. More enterprising profiteers purchased units and immediately resold them in the parking lot for as much as $800--over $400 more than the higher-end Xbox console's $399 sticker price. By mid-day, the console was fetching well over $3,000 on eBay."

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 06:04 PM
$5K and the auction winner doesn't even receive it for 2 weeks. His 0 feedback rating makes me wonder if he ponies up the 5 grand. However, the second link looks a little better feedback-wise and that auction went for $3K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-PLATINUM-Package-W-Bonus_W0QQitemZ8235999391QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-PREMIUM-CONSOLE-SHIP-NOV-22-23_W0QQitemZ8235989226QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

YankeePride1967
11-22-05, 06:16 PM
$5K and the auction winner doesn't even receive it for 2 weeks. His 0 feedback rating makes me wonder if he ponies up the 5 grand. However, the second link looks a little better feedback-wise and that auction went for $3K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-PLATINUM-Package-W-Bonus_W0QQitemZ8235999391QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-PREMIUM-CONSOLE-SHIP-NOV-22-23_W0QQitemZ8235989226QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have zero sympathy if anyone bids on it and gets screwed. Ebay is a very questionable thing to me and if someone has a 0 history, I'd be leary to bid on a small dollar item. I've dealt on ebay before without any problems though.

NYYBombshell
11-22-05, 06:27 PM
A woman down here in Georgia was robbed at gunpoint outside her home by someone who wanted the Xbox she bought for her son for Christmas.

Apparently he followed her home from the Best Buy she bought it at.

sanfranciscojetergirl
11-22-05, 06:56 PM
I went with my 35 year old brother this morining(well midnight) to pick his up. And so far he love it.

RhodeyYankee2638
11-22-05, 06:59 PM
A woman down here in Georgia was robbed at gunpoint outside her home by someone who wanted the Xbox she bought for her son for Christmas.

Apparently he followed her home from the Best Buy she bought it at.

I wouldn't call the police if I were her. If the cops caught the guy, they'd probably let him go and sell the XBOX online

yankeesrule2000
11-22-05, 07:21 PM
im starting to think i should sell mine, damn 3k...too bad it is opened and has allready been played :(

BronxByTheBay
11-22-05, 07:49 PM
If I had stood in line, somehow there would be a magical shipment of 1000 units and I'd be stuck with my investment.

Anyway, here's a great article on the first day stories:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140287.html

..."in San Francisco's Richmond district, which quickly ran out of its two-dozen-odd allotment of 360s, a hysterical woman demanded the manager come over to her house on December 25 to explain to her young son why he wasn't getting a Christmas present."

Is there anything f*cking worse than retail management?

Grape Ape
11-22-05, 07:56 PM
Halo sucks. I hate modern video games.

Halo and Halo 2 are incredible. The online Halo 2 is awesome. Except for the community, they're a bunch of cheating a**wipes.

Headset + anonymity = a**hole.

I'll probably end up with both systems, due to the fact that my brother lives in CA and he's an XBox guy, so I'll need one to play him. I'm holding off for now, since the first generation of titles on new systems aren't usually the best.

Then I will be getting the PS3 for MGS alone. Everything else will be a bonus.

RhodeyYankee2638
11-22-05, 08:05 PM
Halo and Halo 2 are incredible. The online Halo 2 is awesome. Except for the community, they're a bunch of cheating a**wipes.

I stopped playing video games once school started. Towards the end, there were some really really hardcore cheaters that got hardware with hacked material on it to cheat. I was impressed, but pissed.

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 08:06 PM

She probably demanded free gift cards or something. Restaurant management is right up there.

Headset + anonymity = a**hole.

Unless, I know them or played a few good games against them (I play mostly sports online), I will not use a headset. Football brings out the lowest of the low in online play. Baseball is right up there as I usually have to listen to someone cry because they keep swinging at balls.

I know some will probably not play me if I don't use my headset (it will not offend me, if they don't play me), but I'm just a casual gamer, who really doesn't need to hear "F*ck, bullsh*t, you suck, or yeah!" at 100 decibals in my ear because they scored a TD. Even when I know someone, I don't like to chat during the game as it throws me off.

RhodeyYankee2638
11-22-05, 08:09 PM
She probably demanded free gift cards or something. Restaurant management is right up there.

Unless, I know them or played a few good games against them (I play mostly sports online), I will not use a headset. Football brings out the lowest of the low in online play. Baseball is right up there as I usually have to listen to someone cry because they keep swinging at balls.

I know some will probably not play me if I don't use my headset (it will not offend me, if they don't play me), but I'm just a casual gamer, who really doesn't need to hear "F*ck, bullsh*t, you suck, or yeah!" at 100 decibals in my ear because they scored a TD. Even when I know someone, I don't like to chat during the game as it throws me off.

I used to blast Celine Dion music in head to head matches on Halo. Im not even kidding, I had such a high ranking in head to head simply because people would quit. I kinda felt bad

dabomb2045
11-22-05, 08:12 PM

nothing worse then working in retail...period. So many bad memories...

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 08:13 PM
I used to blast Celine Dion music in head to head matches on Halo. Im not even kidding, I had such a high ranking in head to head simply because people would quit. I kinda felt bad

:lol: Nice. That's one way to level up and I must say a very smart way. Though I'm content with my level 1 ranking in that game, because I suck at it.

BronxByTheBay
11-22-05, 08:15 PM

From my teens-early 20's I'm familiar with both. I couldn't tell you which one sucked more.

yankeesAZ
11-22-05, 08:19 PM
BTW, Yankee fans (ok Sox fans, you'll have to find this item yourself), here's a must for all you original Xbox players to get for Xmas:

http://madcatzstore.com/store/viewItem.asp?idCategory=94&idProduct=2400

TheTinoMobile
11-22-05, 08:24 PM
Fifa 2006 owns on Xbox Live.. too bad they didnt friggen wait for 4 more weeks to release it for Xbox360... i've actually decided to get the bundle from radio shack that not too many know about, word is they are getting a shipment in for blackfriday and will promptly put them online at 7 am....

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2160402&cp=&kw=xbox+360&parentPage=search

RhodyYanksFan
11-22-05, 08:51 PM

Damn hindsight.

There's always PS3. :)

yankeesAZ
12-04-05, 03:34 PM
Anyone see auctions like these on Ebay? I saw a few this past week:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/250703_xboxebay03.html

"How hot is the new Xbox 360? Some people offered hundreds of dollars just to buy the cardboard box in which it's packed. One person even bid $630 merely for a picture of the machine.

But then reality hit.

Capitalizing on shortages of Microsoft's new video-game console, several people have attracted bids as high as $600 or more on eBay this week by offering Xbox 360 boxes -- just empty boxes -- in ways that made it seem, without reading closely, that the items for sale were actually consoles.

The common approach: Acknowledging that the item was merely a box, but surrounding that disclosure with so many pictures and descriptions of the real console and accessories that someone merely skimming the listings might not notice.

"This is the Xbox 360 Core bundle box. It would include things like a new xbox, power cords, and a controller, if there was actually an xbox for sale in this auction," read one of the listings, which was still active Friday night."

chanman7483
12-04-05, 05:05 PM
Anyone see auctions like these on Ebay? I saw a few this past week:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/250703_xboxebay03.html

"How hot is the new Xbox 360? Some people offered hundreds of dollars just to buy the cardboard box in which it's packed. One person even bid $630 merely for a picture of the machine.

But then reality hit.

Capitalizing on shortages of Microsoft's new video-game console, several people have attracted bids as high as $600 or more on eBay this week by offering Xbox 360 boxes -- just empty boxes -- in ways that made it seem, without reading closely, that the items for sale were actually consoles.

The common approach: Acknowledging that the item was merely a box, but surrounding that disclosure with so many pictures and descriptions of the real console and accessories that someone merely skimming the listings might not notice.

"This is the Xbox 360 Core bundle box. It would include things like a new xbox, power cords, and a controller, if there was actually an xbox for sale in this auction," read one of the listings, which was still active Friday night."

It'd be a smart move to actually read a description of what you're buying before you actually buy it. The seller's instructions could not be more clear..

Yankee Bulldawg
12-04-05, 05:09 PM
that's a sweet wireless Yankees controller for the PS2 :)

chanman7483
12-04-05, 05:11 PM
Baseball is right up there as I usually have to listen to someone cry because they keep swinging at balls.

I stopped playing MVP baseball online because 99% of the games are "1 inning, STRIKES ONLY" games.

As a 22 year old, I realize that the majority of people I'm playing against are in the 12-18 year old range... My video games are far superior than theirs :).... honestly. Sounds kind of corny and not something to be proud of, but my mastery of the strikezone in MVP is leaps and bounds more than most of the MVP baseball community.

yankeesAZ
12-04-05, 05:55 PM
I stopped playing MVP baseball online because 99% of the games are "1 inning, STRIKES ONLY" games.

As a 22 year old, I realize that the majority of people I'm playing against are in the 12-18 year old range... My video games are far superior than theirs :).... honestly. Sounds kind of corny and not something to be proud of, but my mastery of the strikezone in MVP is leaps and bounds more than most of the MVP baseball community.

Mine was pretty good on ESPN 2k5. 50% probably were the 12-18 year olds you described (or acted like a 12 year-old) that want fastballs down the middle (but don't want to throw you the same). Nothing frustrates them more than getting splitter in the just above the dirt for strike 3 and then working the count when you're batting.

In Madden they want to throw 50 yard bombs on every play and blitz you on every down. Nothing frustrates these opponents more than good ball-control offense and 5-yard quick slants along with playing quarter defense and picking off passes at will.

chanman7483
12-05-05, 02:15 PM
Mine was pretty good on ESPN 2k5. 50% probably were the 12-18 year olds you described (or acted like a 12 year-old) that want fastballs down the middle (but don't want to throw you the same). Nothing frustrates them more than getting splitter in the just above the dirt for strike 3 and then working the count when you're batting.

In Madden they want to throw 50 yard bombs on every play and blitz you on every down. Nothing frustrates these opponents more than good ball-control offense and 5-yard quick slants along with playing quarter defense and picking off passes at will.

High fastballs work very well too. :) You typcially can also run them to death as well.

gdn
12-05-05, 03:06 PM
I've got 2K5... not too bad, the player likenesses are horrible, though. What's the word on the new game for next year? Is it by ESPN, EA Sports?

yankeesAZ
12-05-05, 10:50 PM
I've got 2K5... not too bad, the player likenesses are horrible, though. What's the word on the new game for next year? Is it by ESPN, EA Sports?

Neither. ESPN is now simply 2k Sports. Any company can make a game using MLB players except EA (who is making an NCAA baseball game instead).

On a different note, let the suing of Microsoft (over Xbox 360) begin:

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/12/05/xboxsuit/index.php

"A Chicago man has filed a class action complaint against Microsoft that claims the company knowingly distributed defective Xbox game consoles in its hurry to beat rivals to market with a next-generation gaming product.

A complaint filed in a U.S. District Court in Illinois by Robert E. Byers alleges that Microsoft designed a power supply and a CPU into the Xbox 360 that run too hot and overheat, causing the console to freeze or lock up when being operated. The design defect is “material” because “it renders the Xbox 360 game consoles completely inoperable,” according to court documents filed Friday, Dec. 2.

According to Byers’ complaint, Microsoft made the Xbox 360 available to consumers before it was properly designed in order to release the console before companies such as Sony and Nintendo made competitive products available. Therefore, he said, the company has profited from deceiving consumers into buying a faulty product...."

"Complaints reported on blogs and user groups seem to suggest that problems with the Xbox 360 may be more widespread than Microsoft will admit. On Nov. 22, the day the Xbox 360 was released, a slew of users reported complaints in posts to the Xbox-Scene Online Web Community and to other blogs and user groups.

Some Xbox 360 users said the console would crash when loading games or after users played a game for only a short period of time, while others claimed that the consoles would freeze up and put scratches in game CDs. Still others reported scrambled screens and other signs that indicated the console was not working properly."

Anyone want to pony up $800 on Ebay?

NewEraYanks2527
12-06-05, 12:54 AM
I found out you couldnt play Blitz: The League or MVP Baseball 2005 (the last MVP with the MLB in it) on the 360 so that prevented me from getting it. Also I played it and its cool but not 500 bucks cool.

yankeesAZ
12-06-05, 01:00 AM
I found out you couldnt play Blitz: The League or MVP Baseball 2005 (the last MVP with the MLB in it) on the 360 so that prevented me from getting it. Also I played it and its cool but not 500 bucks cool.

They only reason I want one right now is to flip it on Ebay for $800.

DontHateOnNumber2
12-06-05, 08:39 AM

Damn hindsight.

I was talking about the same thing with a buddy about 2 weeks ago. This was after hearing about the $1000+ 360s on the radio.

DontHateOnNumber2
12-06-05, 08:42 AM
Some Xbox 360 users said the console would crash when loading games or after users played a game for only a short period of time, while others claimed that the consoles would freeze up and put scratches in game CDs. Still others reported scrambled screens and other signs that indicated the console was not working properly."

Anyone want to pony up $800 on Ebay?

I was going to just wait a few months, but maybe I will wait around a year for one of these.

Captain Yankee
12-06-05, 05:40 PM
MLB 2K6 (Take 2 Video Games) that makes the GTA series has the exclusive rights to make an MLB game (so EA can't make an MLB game---instead they are making a college baseball game which should be interesting). This is the series that used to have Jason Giambi on the cover but replaced him with Derek Jeter last year. Jeter will be on the cover this year. Also, the individual gaming consoles can make an officially license MLB game. I believe Sony announced they will be making an MLB game for PSP and PS2 this spring. Microsoft and Nintendo haven't announced they will be making an officially licensed MLB game yet. They will have MLB 2K6 for now as the only MLB licensed game.

yankeesAZ
12-08-05, 08:16 PM
Steve Ballmer has to go shop for his Xbox 360 like everyone else?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051207/tc_nm/microsoft_ballmer_dc

I bet he could pony up the $800 on Ebay for one. Maybe even two if we take a collection for him.

nelson nunez
12-09-05, 11:53 AM

I played Condemned and finished it.............. AWESOME GAME!!!!!!!!
This game has to be played in the dark with the speakers on loud, the graphics are beautiful and the sound is sick.
The game really is not that long but the gameplay is what makes this game a must have. In a nutshell you are an FBI agent that gets framed for the murder of your partner and a cop by a serial killer that you are hunting down, you have to clear your name by finding the serial killer but it won't be easy as you have to go through enemies that are dieing to kill you.
In my opinion get Condemned and Call Of Duty 2.

RhodyYanksFan
12-09-05, 12:03 PM
Steve Ballmer has to go shop for his Xbox 360 like everyone else?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051207/tc_nm/microsoft_ballmer_dc

I bet he could pony up the $800 on Ebay for one. Maybe even two if we take a collection for him.

What a cheap bastard. He didn't want to get one because it would be counted as income? He makes millions a year.

nelson nunez
12-09-05, 12:09 PM
The Backwards Compatibility list has just increased with all of the Tom Clancy games being included in the new list. As time goes on more and more games will be added on.

nelson nunez
12-09-05, 12:15 PM
I don't know if you all know this or not but Peter Jackson is producing the movie "HALO" he us currently still looking for his director. I believe he wants to have it ready for release for 2007.

DkNNy79
12-09-05, 02:12 PM
I played Condemned and finished it.............. AWESOME GAME!!!!!!!!
This game has to be played in the dark with the speakers on loud, the graphics are beautiful and the sound is sick.
The game really is not that long but the gameplay is what makes this game a must have. In a nutshell you are an FBI agent that gets framed for the murder of your partner and a cop by a serial killer that you are hunting down, you have to clear your name by finding the serial killer but it won't be easy as you have to go through enemies that are dieing to kill you.
In my opinion get Condemned and Call Of Duty 2.

Thanks for the advice. :)

nelson nunez
12-09-05, 03:06 PM
No problem.

yankeesAZ
12-17-05, 12:15 PM
More Xbox 360s will be availible tommorow Dec 18 for those that just have to get one before Xmas. Check the Best Buy Inventory Locator site. Get ready for bedlam at Best Buy locations tommorow morning or overnight for that matter.

Circuit City had some yesterday on their site and sold them out in 4 minutes.

chanman7483
12-17-05, 12:43 PM
Went to best buy after work yesterday and sat in their home theatre setup. Reclined on the couch and played Call of Duty 2 on xbox360 on the 52 inch plasma w/ surround sound.

I will now take out a 20,000 loan to purchase the home theatre and the xbox 360 and the lazy boy recliner(not really). COD2 is amazing. It was just the demo though... how long is the normal game itself? I'm resisting the temptation to get one...

RhodyYanksFan
12-17-05, 01:24 PM
More Xbox 360s will be availible tommorow Dec 18 for those that just have to get one before Xmas. Check the Best Buy Inventory Locator site. Get ready for bedlam at Best Buy locations tommorow morning or overnight for that matter.

Circuit City had some yesterday on their site and sold them out in 4 minutes.

Good thing I'm going to Best Buy today.

yankeesAZ
12-17-05, 02:39 PM
Good thing I'm going to Best Buy today.

Let me know if you see anyone camping outside already.

There will not be as many available as there were at launch time. With all the hype and now that people know what its worth on Ebay, I wouldn't be surprised to see some ugliness ensue tommorow morning.

RhodyYanksFan
12-17-05, 06:26 PM
Let me know if you see anyone camping outside already.

There will not be as many available as there were at launch time. With all the hype and now that people know what its worth on Ebay, I wouldn't be surprised to see some ugliness ensue tommorow morning.

There was about 30 people outside when I was there at 3:30ish. Each one dorkier then the next.

gdn
12-17-05, 06:29 PM
MLB 2K6 (Take 2 Video Games) that makes the GTA series has the exclusive rights to make an MLB game (so EA can't make an MLB game---instead they are making a college baseball game which should be interesting). This is the series that used to have Jason Giambi on the cover but replaced him with Derek Jeter last year. Jeter will be on the cover this year. Also, the individual gaming consoles can make an officially license MLB game. I believe Sony announced they will be making an MLB game for PSP and PS2 this spring. Microsoft and Nintendo haven't announced they will be making an officially licensed MLB game yet. They will have MLB 2K6 for now as the only MLB licensed game.Thanks for the info. Will the new game be playable on the old XBox console (not the 360)?

yankeesAZ
12-17-05, 06:36 PM
There was about 30 people outside when I was there at 3:30ish. Each one dorkier then the next.

I'd like a camera to be there when someone, who camped out in the cold, doesn't get one tommorow.

yankeesAZ
01-04-06, 12:38 PM
Did XBOX 360 kill Christmas?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=13856

The article says yes and no. The videogame industry had their worst quarter in a long time. The videogame makers can't be happy that their games are still sitting there on the shelves, since no one has a console to play them on and others held off on buying more games for original Xbox or even PS2, thinking they will wait for the new systems to arrive rather than plunk more money down now.

Sam18
01-04-06, 12:40 PM
I'm waiting eagerly for the PS3.

bnorris85
01-04-06, 12:43 PM
my brother has the 360...very dissapointed that madden, mvp, or nhl do not work on it.

BronxByTheBay
01-04-06, 12:46 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere, but I finally got to play a demo version of the WW2 Call of duty game on the 360. Yes, it rocked all that is rockable. And yes, I felt a twinge towards buying the system...until I was reminded why I didn't want it:

It's not worth the money they're charging AND I can't buy it even if I wanted to. This lack of availability is bullsh*t and I wish consumers would punish companies that do that.

I sincerely hope Sony doesn't take a page out of MS's book but I'm sure approximately 5 PS3's will be made available in a few months.

Sam18
01-04-06, 12:59 PM
I'm pissed that they changed the design for the PS3 controller. It looks so fruity now. Oh well, I'm still gettin' it.

RhodyYanksFan
01-04-06, 01:00 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere, but I finally got to play a demo version of the WW2 Call of duty game on the 360. Yes, it rocked all that is rockable. And yes, I felt a twinge towards buying the system...until I was reminded why I didn't want it:

It's not worth the money they're charging AND I can't buy it even if I wanted to. This lack of availability is bullsh*t and I wish consumers would punish companies that do that.

I sincerely hope Sony doesn't take a page out of MS's book but I'm sure approximately 5 PS3's will be made available in a few months.

Not having enough units available upon release doesn't even really benefit the company. Microsoft isn't making $1000 per unit on ebay. Consumers are. I don't get why they did this. It's not like there wouldn't be demand for it if everyone could have one. It's beyond shi**y that the people who actually put a down payment to reserve one didn't get them.

bnorris85
01-04-06, 01:09 PM
Not having enough units available upon release doesn't even really benefit the company. Microsoft isn't making $1000 per unit on ebay. Consumers are. I don't get why they did this. It's not like there wouldn't be demand for it if everyone could have one. It's beyond shi**y that the people who actually put a down payment to reserve one didn't get them.

Acually it does...microsoft is losing money on every system they sell. But by "not having enough" they are getting enourmous press and free advertising. This will lead to more poeple buying it in the future and buying up the games that they DO make money on.

But yes my brother paid in full in august and didnt get it till after xmas

Smithers
01-04-06, 01:43 PM
my brother ordered his back in july and EB games had it at our doorstep on launch day (november 22ish??). he's a video game nut so i usually dont actually believe the crap that he says about new systems/games/etc. but wow. call of duty is one of the most amazing games i've ever seen/played. that game alone makes me want to somehow get my own 360 without paying out the ass.

chelloveck
01-04-06, 02:15 PM
I'm pissed that they changed the design for the PS3 controller. It looks so fruity now. Oh well, I'm still gettin' it.

is it still the boomerang thing or is it some revision of that?

yankeesAZ
01-05-06, 12:59 PM

Played that game a little at Best Buy also. A great game, but not "$460 great" ($399 + $60 for the game itself) and that's assuming I get it at retail.

I think they will have at least 10 PS3s available and someone will die trying to get one. By the time I can realistically get Xbox 360, Madden 07 will be out. EA and others are taking big hits as their games just sit on shelves while no one has an 360 to play them on.

51BWilliams
01-05-06, 02:12 PM
I for one will eventually buy the 360 in order to play Halo 3, but that will be once the price comes down...

I have a killer computer for games and save for a few select titles, anything that comes out on 360 will come out for PC and it kills me that I have to blow another 300-400 bucks on hardware and the game in order to play Halo 3. I have all the current systems, and I hardly play them anymore to be honest, but my gaming monkey must be fed.

Arod for President
01-05-06, 06:35 PM
can anyone buy me one of these???

yankeesAZ
03-22-06, 01:27 PM
Looks like MS may finally get a lot more units out there real soon:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/263837_msftxbox22.html

Microsoft Corp. said Tuesday that it will significantly increase the availability of its Xbox 360 videogame consoles, after production problems that have made the popular game systems difficult to find on store shelves.

Beginning this week, the company said it would distribute two to three times as many Xbox 360 consoles to retailers each week than it did before.

yankeesAZ
05-10-06, 12:38 PM
Here's the Halo 3 trailer for 360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/events/e32006/articles/halo3.htm

GTA 4 will also be coming out for 360 the day the game is released. Before PS2 owners got the game months before Xbox owners.

Smithers
05-10-06, 01:01 PM
Here's the Halo 3 trailer for 360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/events/e32006/articles/halo3.htm

GTA 4 will also be coming out for 360 the day the game is released. Before PS2 owners got the game months before Xbox owners.

i had heard Microsoft was planning on releasing Halo 3 right around the same time Sony was planning on the PS3 to be released, in essence to stick it to Sony. is there any truth to that?

yankeesAZ
05-10-06, 01:29 PM
i had heard Microsoft was planning on releasing Halo 3 right around the same time Sony was planning on the PS3 to be released, in essence to stick it to Sony. is there any truth to that?

No, Halo 3 will be released sometime in 2007.

Smart move. Rushing their #1 game just to stick to Sony would be a dumb move for MS.

A better counter move, night be a $50 price cut on 360 right on the PS3 release date, but that's just a thought.

RhodeyYankee2638
05-10-06, 02:42 PM
No, Halo 3 will be released sometime in 2007.

Smart move. Rushing their #1 game just to stick to Sony would be a dumb move for MS.

A better counter move, night be a $50 price cut on 360 right on the PS3 release date, but that's just a thought.

im sure they will cut it by the end of the year, maybe even by $100. Halo 3 looks nasty as hell

DontHateOnNumber2
05-11-06, 11:53 AM
im sure they will cut it by the end of the year, maybe even by $100. Halo 3 looks nasty as hell
I'm sure Halo 3 is 360 exclusive which sucks only because Halo 2 ended so crazily, although if I hit the Lotto (which I'm contemplating playing from now on) this would be near the end of my list of priorities.

Smithers
05-11-06, 12:01 PM
im sure they will cut it by the end of the year, maybe even by $100.

are they readily available for purchase at this point? i haven't gone to a best buy in ages.

yankeesAZ
05-11-06, 12:07 PM
are they readily available for purchase at this point? i haven't gone to a best buy in ages.

I was in Circiut City a week ago and they were.

BronxByTheBay
05-19-06, 12:06 AM
Well, I pulled the trigger today - it was pretty much an impulse buy. I was in Circuit City to buy some DVDs, saw they had 360's in stock and just gave in and bought the damn thing. Originally I was going to wait until PS3 came out and decide between the two but my wife already promised me one for Christmas this year, so I figured what the hell.

Wow.

I've been playing "Call of Duty" for a couple of hours and it is utterly mind-blowing. I can't wait to see what this machine can do.

yankeesAZ
05-19-06, 12:29 AM
Well, I pulled the trigger today - it was pretty much an impulse buy. I was in Circuit City to buy some DVDs, saw they had 360's in stock and just gave in and bought the damn thing. Originally I was going to wait until PS3 came out and decide between the two but my wife already promised me one for Christmas this year, so I figured what the hell.

Wow.

I've been playing "Call of Duty" for a couple of hours and it is utterly mind-blowing. I can't wait to see what this machine can do.

That game is really cool for the few minutes I played it in Best Buy. Have fun with your new toy.

Smithers
05-19-06, 01:15 PM

that game on xbox live is unreal. the worst part of moving out was losing the ability to play my brother's 360.

Yankee Bulldawg
05-20-06, 05:49 PM
i'll wait til PS3 comes out, even though i'm not crazy about the price tag yet but i'll wait til it drops