PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development

RhodyYanksFan
11-07-05, 08:16 PM
I'm so glad they brought it back. Season 3 starts tonight. Anyone love this show?

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
11-07-05, 08:19 PM
Say I ammmmm.. everyday people.....

Evil Empire
11-07-05, 08:23 PM
I've see a few eps.

I find it kinda boring to watch sometimes.

patrick.o
11-07-05, 08:27 PM
Say I ammmmm.. everyday people.....
Good songs on that record. Raining Revolution, Tennessee, Mr. Wendal, People Everyday, to name a few.

DJeter125
11-07-05, 10:23 PM
The best show on TV. I almost forgot what was going on this season since they had a month between episodes. Hopefully more people will start to watch so it doesn't get cancelled.

SpideyGX42
11-08-05, 12:17 AM
I'm so glad they brought it back. Season 3 starts tonight. Anyone love this show?
That show is very funny....It is up there among my favorite shows.:D

Dee
11-08-05, 01:40 AM
One of the funniest show on tv along with Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Jim F.
11-08-05, 09:23 AM
Didn't they start season 3 a few weeks ago? I remember seeing a few new eps prior to the playoffs starting. With Bob Loblaw :lol:

We TIVO'd last night and will watch it tonight :).

yankeebot
11-08-05, 10:16 AM
Funniest show on network tv.

(looking at a gift basket Michael received)
Michael Bluth: Didn't you get one of those, too? You bought Lindsay at the same auction.
Tobias Fünke: Yes, but I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, and now I think I have something of a mess on my hands.
Michael Bluth: Wow, there's just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

(commenting on her stance against circumcision)
Lindsay Funke: I think it's frightening when it's cut off. It's like a Doberman - let it have its ears.

Lindsay Funke: You know, we're not the only ones destroying trees. What about beavers? You call yourself an environmentalist, why don't you go club a few beavers?

RhodyYanksFan
11-08-05, 10:26 AM
Didn't they start season 3 a few weeks ago? I remember seeing a few new eps prior to the playoffs starting. With Bob Loblaw :lol:

We TIVO'd last night and will watch it tonight :).

Well since Fox doesn't promote it at all (they blow their advertising budget on House and Spouse Swap), I didn't know that it started before baseball ended. I'm just glad it didn't get cancelled.

silverdsl
11-08-05, 10:28 AM
I love Arrested Developement! I don't watch much TV that isn't news or sports but I watch AD. I'm so glad that it's still around. No show makes me LMAO like that show!

-Deborah

RhodyYanksFan
11-08-05, 10:46 AM
Publicist: [to George Michael] Daddy lost his shot at happy, and it's all your fault, Opie.

Narrator (Ron Howard): Jessie had gone too far, and she had best watch her mouth.

Tobias Funke: Good news, everyone! I recently came into some money, but unfortunately, I cant say how or where my wedding ring is...

:lol:

YankeeClemens22
11-08-05, 12:01 PM
Arrested is my favorite show on TV. It's so funny.

Season 3 started a few weeks back. They've had a few eps already.

The continuity between episodes is fantastic. They always bring back so many references to previous eps. It makes it very entertaining to re-watch -- making the DVDs very worthwhile to own. :)

mentalgidget
11-08-05, 04:20 PM
anyone notice in last night's episode when they were all in the boardroom with Bob Loblaw and they are starting to think there was a mole. Someone, I believe Chachi, said that there might even be a recording device in the room at that time. Right then, they switched angles and you could see a boom mic hanging over the table for a second....
just wondering if anyone else caught it. I think it was done to carry the joke a bit further

RhodyYanksFan
11-11-05, 04:11 PM
:-po'd-: :enraged: :enraged: :-po'd-:

The fact that Americans would rather watch terrible crap like Trading Spouses or Joey over the original, well-written Arrested Development gives me a headache.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117932759?cs=1&s=h&p=0

yanksrule69
11-11-05, 04:17 PM
Could I just start watching and understand? A few people have suggested that I would like it.

RhodyYanksFan
11-11-05, 04:18 PM
Could I just start watching and understand? A few people have suggested that I would like it.

Well the story does continue over the course of a season, the episodes do stand alone somewhat. You'll laugh at the writing, but you won't get all the little in-jokes and nuances of the characters unless you've been watching for a while.

NelsonMuntz
11-11-05, 05:50 PM
Well now there is officially nothing on television worth watching. F*cking Fox.

Stupid Flanders
11-11-05, 06:07 PM
And yet According to Jim and King of Queens keep on truckin'

"I got an idea for what you can do, why don't you ................in' fire your complete marketing team, alright, get a new one in there that knows how to market a show that won 5 mother................in' Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, WGA Awards, DGA Awards, Producer's Guild Awards, critic's top ten lists, you know, if you can ................in', if you can't market that kind of show, and get better ratings, then maybe the problem doesn't lie here...maybe it lies with marketing. Good night."

- David Cross

yankeebot
11-11-05, 06:21 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117932759?cs=1&s=h&p=0 :enraged: :enraged: :enraged:

NelsonMuntz
11-11-05, 06:37 PM

"I got an idea for what you can do, why don't you ................in' fire your complete marketing team, alright, get a new one in there that knows how to market a show that won 5 mother................in' Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, WGA Awards, DGA Awards, Producer's Guild Awards, critic's top ten lists, you know, if you can ................in', if you can't market that kind of show, and get better ratings, then maybe the problem doesn't lie here...maybe it lies with marketing. Good night."

- David Cross
Cross is absolutely right. This was without a doubt the worst job of marketing a television show in the history of television.

RhodyYanksFan
11-11-05, 06:48 PM

- David Cross

Great quote from Cross. Where'd you read it?

YClipper5
11-11-05, 10:52 PM

- David Cross
This is a f**king outrage! Clearly one of the most clever comedies of the past 15 years. What a shame. 90% of the other shows on TV are crap, and this one gets "cut back".

Hopefully one of the other networks will pick it up and promote it properly.

F Fox!

Boogiedown Bomber
11-12-05, 08:38 AM
I am f*ckin' bummed out that Arrested Development is getting the axe. It's one of the few shows I watch on TV. Fox is completely run by idiots. Fox, NY Post, NewsCorp...that's what happens when you get a freak like Murdoch running the show. Complete sh*t!!!

yankeebot
11-12-05, 11:18 AM
Help save Arrested Development. Sign petition here:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/arresteddev

rightfielder21
11-13-05, 11:48 AM
FOX fux up yet again...

CoyoteYankee
11-13-05, 12:01 PM
That's such BS. This is such a great show. I think if Fox drops it it'll get picked up by Comedy Central or something. At least I hope.

RhodyYanksFan
11-13-05, 05:20 PM
That's such BS. This is such a great show. I think if Fox drops it it'll get picked up by Comedy Central or something. At least I hope.

That would be great. I can see it thriving on HBO, especially after seeing the "unedited" extended pilot on DVD. But I don't have HBO so I'd rather see it go to Comedy Central.

RhodyYanksFan
11-15-05, 09:59 PM
Just saw a commercial for "Joey" and nearly :barf: How can anyone find that funny?

rightfielder21
11-15-05, 10:38 PM
That would be great. I can see it thriving on HBO, especially after seeing the "unedited" extended pilot on DVD. But I don't have HBO so I'd rather see it go to Comedy Central.

I have the DVD but never watched it... I think I'll do that tomorrow...

YClipper5
11-16-05, 10:18 AM
Here's a quality column from a critic in SF that answers a lot of questions regarding the future of the show.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/14/DDG4NFMUAI1.DTL

RhodyYanksFan
11-16-05, 10:31 AM
Here's a quality column from a critic in SF that answers a lot of questions regarding the future of the show.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/14/DDG4NFMUAI1.DTL

Thanks. Best quote was at the end:

Give me 13 episodes of "Arrested Development" over five years of soul-sucking lameness like "According to Jim" any day.

gdn
11-16-05, 11:21 AM
Absolutely love this show. This and "My name is Earl" are the two funniest shows on TV today (oh, and Family Guy).

What happened this past Monday, though. There was no episode!

thecaptain
11-16-05, 11:41 AM
Absolutely love this show. This and "My name is Earl" are the two funniest shows on TV today (oh, and Family Guy).

What happened this past Monday, though. There was no episode!next new shows are on 12/5/2005, 12/12/2005 and 12/19/2005..

DJeter125
11-16-05, 11:53 AM
If anyone wants the first two seasons on DVD, you can buy them together for $31.94 on amazon.com. This sale shot season 2 up to the #1 top seller on the DVD list and season 1 to the #2 spot. Maybe this jump in sales will open Fox's eyes and help it stick around.

RhodyYanksFan
11-16-05, 12:07 PM
If anyone wants the first two seasons on DVD, you can buy them together for $31.94 on amazon.com. This sale shot season 2 up to the #1 top seller on the DVD list and season 1 to the #2 spot. Maybe this jump in sales will open Fox's eyes and help it stick around.

Damn! I just got season 2 last month for what I thought was a great deal $25.99.

yankeebot
11-16-05, 12:28 PM
Since Ron Howard is the producer, maybe we will get an Arrested Development movie if the show is canceled.

gdn
11-16-05, 01:56 PM
The show IS cancelled. I just read it on CNN (I think). It has been cut down to 13 episodes and then cancelled at the end of the season. Absurd.

They choose Prison Break over AD? Bah. Screw Fox.

Jim F.
11-16-05, 02:25 PM
The show IS cancelled. I just read it on CNN (I think). It has been cut down to 13 episodes and then cancelled at the end of the season. Absurd.

They choose Prison Break over AD? Bah. Screw Fox.I haven't read anywhere about it being definitively cancelled for next season.

gdn
11-16-05, 02:28 PM
I haven't read anywhere about it being definitively cancelled for next season.

I misread that part. The last 9 episodes have been cancelled for this season and while that usually spells "the end" for a series, it's not 100% the case. More likely than not, it won't be back on FOX, unless ratings improve and FOX has nothing substantially better.

YankeeClemens22
11-16-05, 04:39 PM
I haven't read anywhere about it being definitively cancelled for next season.

It hasn't but it doesn't look good for AD. It barely made it back this season, and from what I've read, FOX isnt thrilled with the response this season.

I hope it comes back, but it's best shot is probably to get picked up on another network. I don't know if it would happen or not.

thecaptain
11-16-05, 04:44 PM
Maybe it will luck out and pull a JAG... :D

gdn
11-16-05, 06:08 PM
Maybe it will luck out and pull a JAG... :D

Now that's a show that sucks a$$.

thecaptain
11-16-05, 06:28 PM
Now that's a show that sucks a$$.Jag got the boot from NBC after its first year , CBS picked it up and it ran for 9 years on CBS.

RhodyYanksFan
11-16-05, 08:13 PM
We live in a world where the Freddie Prinze show gets 8 million viewers and AD only gets 4 million.

rightfielder21
11-16-05, 08:44 PM
We live in a world where the Freddie Prinze show gets 8 million viewers and AD only gets 4 million.

Yup...

thecaptain
12-03-05, 02:20 PM
Arrested Development Next Episode Monday December 5, 2005 .

RhodyYanksFan
12-03-05, 10:02 PM
Arrested Development Next Episode Monday December 5, 2005 .

Everyone should tell all their friends to watch.

JDPNYY
12-03-05, 10:03 PM
Is this show about Michael Irvin?

RhodyYanksFan
12-03-05, 10:06 PM
Is this show about Michael Irvin?

You're thinking of Prison Break.

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 07:58 PM
New Arrested Development on RIGHT NOW. Please tune in :)

JDPNYY
12-05-05, 08:16 PM
Millions?
Millions?

Mentally Challenged?

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 08:20 PM
"This wouldn't be a problem if they met last year."

mentalgidget
12-05-05, 08:30 PM
"sorry. we should really get a new tape. they're not expensive"

yankeebot
12-05-05, 08:31 PM
i LOVE this show. what kind of mentally challenged tv exec would cancel it?

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 09:37 AM
i LOVE this show. what kind of mentally challenged tv exec would cancel it?

Don't get me started.

JDPNYY
12-06-05, 09:40 AM
Dave Thomas with a British accent.... watching "cricket" dvds with his bump addle.

It really is a brilliant show. Too bad it's on a moronic network.

gdn
12-06-05, 09:46 AM
:lol: Last night's episode was really funny. They showed Rita to be quite, quite stupid, which they'd been hiding in previous episodes.

thecaptain
12-06-05, 06:34 PM
Charlize Theron in Monster had me :roflmao:

thecaptain
12-12-05, 02:12 PM
Arrested Development 8 to 9 tonight Monday December 12, 2005

YClipper5
12-12-05, 02:44 PM
Arrested Development 8 to 9 tonight Monday December 12, 2005
Two episodes? If so, are both new?

thecaptain
12-12-05, 04:32 PM
Two episodes? If so, are both new?no . but i can't see which is the new one. i thinks its 830pm. i am taping the whole hour.

gdn
12-12-05, 06:25 PM
I think the first one is new.

YClipper5
12-14-05, 01:58 PM
Potential good news...let's hope for the best!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051214/en_nm/arrested_dc

Evil Empire
12-14-05, 02:00 PM

Even though I wasn't a big fan of the show, it wasn't bad enough to cancel. I hope it comes back on showtime. FOX blows.

RhodyYanksFan
12-14-05, 02:23 PM
I hate to, well hate, but the "classic" episode was much better then the new one.

thecaptain
12-14-05, 02:32 PM
The trade says that Fox has already deficited millions in order to produce the show, which costs about $1.6 million per half-hour to produce. It's believed Fox deficits about $400,000 per episode. i also read ABC has talked to Fox.

RhodyYanksFan
12-14-05, 02:43 PM
The trade says that Fox has already deficited millions in order to produce the show, which costs about $1.6 million per half-hour to produce. It's believed Fox deficits about $400,000 per episode. i also read ABC has talked to Fox.

"The knuckleball is a difficult ball to bunt. The knuckleball is a difficult ball to catch. It's hard to bunt off Mariano Rivera"
-- Tim McCarver

NelsonMuntz
12-14-05, 02:43 PM

That would be awesome. I hope Showtime picks it up.

CoyoteYankee
12-14-05, 04:11 PM

NOOOOO!! I don't have nor do I particularly want Showtime. I wish someone like Comedy Central would pick it up.

"The knuckleball is a difficult ball to bunt. The knuckleball is a difficult ball to catch. It's hard to bunt off Mariano Rivera"
-- Tim McCarver

:roflmao:

Evil Empire
12-14-05, 04:53 PM
-- Tim McCarver

yanksrule69
12-15-05, 09:02 AM
Last night on Fox News Channel they were reporting that ABC and Showtime were in talks with Fox for this show; however, it has NOT yet been officially cancelled by Fox.

thecaptain
12-19-05, 02:25 PM
Arrested Development 8 to 9 tonight Monday December 19, 2005 ... First show is new . .......830 pm is a repeat "My Hand to God" The Bluths are shocked to discover that Buster's hand has been bitten off by a seal; Michael has to figure out whether Maggie's baby is really his or if it's just another lie.

RhodyYanksFan
01-02-06, 08:31 PM
F'n brilliant show tonight! All the references to Save the Bluths. I loved how they worked it in to the plot of the show. Line of the night:

"HBO's not gonna take us."

gdn
01-02-06, 08:35 PM
F'n brilliant show tonight! All the references to Save the Bluths. I loved how they worked it in to the plot of the show. Line of the night:

"HBO's not gonna take us."

:lol:Yeah, that was pretty damn funny!! :roflmao:

yankeebot
01-02-06, 08:36 PM
Truly laugh out loud. www.saveourbluths.com (http://www.saveourbluths.com/)

How can the smartest and funniest television show of the decade go the way of the Dodo?

Boogiedown Bomber
01-02-06, 09:20 PM
Truly laugh out loud. www.saveourbluths.com (http://www.saveourbluths.com/)

How can the smartest and funniest television show of the decade go the way of the Dodo?

I read somewhere that ABC and Showtime both have interest in picking up this show.

Arod for President
01-02-06, 10:38 PM
this show rocks. sooo Funny

YClipper5
01-02-06, 11:14 PM
Brilliant concept to incorporate the ridiculous "cancelling" of the show.

Hysterical stuff!

YankeeClemens22
01-03-06, 09:30 AM
Very funny, and very clever last night. Let's hope Arrested makes it for many more seasons. :)

YClipper5
01-04-06, 12:37 PM
CNN article about the previous episode.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/04/tv.arrested.development.ap/index.html

RhodyYanksFan
01-04-06, 12:46 PM

"I don't think the Home Builders Organization is going to support us," George says.

"Yeah, the HBO is not going to want us," replies Michael. "What are we going to do?"

"I think it's show time," George then says.

I spit my soda out when that exchange took place.

Jim F.
01-04-06, 02:44 PM

I don't remember this pic from the show...

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/04/tv.arrested.development.ap/story.reinhold.jpg

CoyoteYankee
01-04-06, 03:13 PM
I spit my soda out when that exchange took place.

Me too. Well, I wasn't drinking soda but I laughed out loud. This show is too good to get cancelled.

One of the best things about the show is the small details. Like how there will be a blue handprint on the wall in reference to Tobias and his "Blue Group" make up. The show is just awesome!

RhodyYanksFan
01-14-06, 11:09 AM
You gotta be f'n kidding me! How stupid can these people be! Argh!!! :enraged:

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2006/01/arrested-development-lives-sort-of.html

A two-hour season finale episode of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT will air Friday, Feb. 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

You know what else is on Feb 10 from 8-10?? Just the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics. :-po'd-:

Way to put your support behind the show assholes!

NelsonMuntz
01-14-06, 11:45 AM
You gotta be f'n kidding me! How stupid can these people be! Argh!!! :enraged:

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2006/01/arrested-development-lives-sort-of.html

You know what else is on Feb 10 from 8-10?? Just the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics. :-po'd-:

Way to put your support behind the show assholes!
This is exactly the type of asinine marketing that screwed Arrested Development in the first place. Fox sucks.

RhodyYanksFan
01-14-06, 11:58 AM
It's like they're trying to avoid viewers. First putting the last new one on against the Sugar Bowl and now this. I'm surprised it's not airing a "special" Sunday episode on Feb. 6th.

yankeebot
01-14-06, 12:02 PM
I don't think they ever wanted this show to succeed. NBC treats Scrubs the same way.

RhodyYanksFan
01-14-06, 12:19 PM
I don't think they ever wanted this show to succeed. NBC treats Scrubs the same way.

At least NBC is learning. They got rid of Joey and kept Earl and The Office together and on a better night.

thecaptain
01-14-06, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up >>>Feb 10 8-10pm.. at least i get 2 more hours..

Sam18
01-14-06, 09:09 PM
Wow FOX must really hate its shows. But hey we can still watch the 2303328021983th rerun of Bernie Mac anytime we want.

BTW that dude from the show(the magician guy) was on Conan last night and he is absofreakinglutely hilarious! I hope they put him in a movie or something.

SI Baseballman
01-14-06, 09:45 PM
Why do the good always die young?

Here's hoping the Home Builders Organization gets involved, otherwise, its Showtime!

RhodyYanksFan
01-15-06, 01:07 PM
Wow FOX must really hate its shows. But hey we can still watch the 2303328021983th rerun of Bernie Mac anytime we want.

BTW that dude from the show(the magician guy) was on Conan last night and he is absofreakinglutely hilarious! I hope they put him in a movie or something.

If AD must die, I would love to see a GOB spinoff. He's one of the best characters in comedy history.

RhodyYanksFan
01-19-06, 11:25 AM
It's official :( :upset: :-surrende

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060118/en_nm/leisure_fox_dc

This is what pisses me off the most:

[Fox Entertainment President] Liguori told a gathering of TV critics in Pasadena. "It's regrettable we couldn't find an audience that the show deserves."

Well when you constantly switch it's timeslot to make sure it's up against other network's locks of the week (Bowl Games, CSI:Whatever, etc) and blow your advertising budget on Trading Spouses instead of talking about how this show won best comedy on TV in its first year of existence, it'll be hard to find an audience. :enraged:

Here's hoping ABC picks it up (because I don't want to pay for Showtime)

Evil Empire
01-19-06, 11:27 AM

Well when you constantly switch it's timeslot to make sure it's up against other network's locks of the week (Bowl Games, CSI:Whatever, etc) and blow your advertising budget on Trading Spouses instead of talking about how this show won best comedy on TV in its first year of existence, it'll be hard to find an audience. :enraged:

That sucks dude. I hope some one picks it up. Maybe I should get a hold of some of the older episodes that I haven't seen.

yanksrule69
01-19-06, 11:43 AM
I've started to watch the first season on DVD. I'm 2/3 of the way through. This show kills me. I can't wait to see the rest of the seasons. By the time I catch up it's going to be over. :mad:

gdn
01-19-06, 11:45 AM
Absolutely ridiculous that he made that statement. What a jackass. If you'd let it be on Sundays, it would have done unbelievably well. Better than that rip off "The War at Home".

YClipper5
01-19-06, 12:59 PM
I hope ABC picks it up as well. I don't think Showtime can afford to pay all of that brilliant talent. Would hate to see it get picked up by a pay service and have the cast get chopped in half.

Sam18
01-19-06, 02:16 PM

I too hope ABC picks it up. Maybe instead of "Skating with (non) celebrities" we could've been watching new episodes.

thecaptain
01-21-06, 09:51 AM
Showtime ................ but only if the creator comes with the show. They should know in about 2 weeks or so...

yankeebot
02-10-06, 10:18 AM
Just wanted to remind AD fans that the final 4 episodes are airing tonight from 8-10. The Olympic Opening Ceremonies are boring anyway. :)

Sam18
02-10-06, 11:36 AM
Just wanted to remind AD fans that the final 4 episodes are airing tonight from 8-10. The Olympic Opening Ceremonies are boring anyway. :)

They should've aired it during the Superbowl. Atleast give it an honorable death.

CoyoteYankee
02-10-06, 12:55 PM
They should've aired it during the Superbowl. Atleast give it an honorable death.

:lol: Seriously. Then they'll probably point to low ratings of the finale and say "See? I told you it was the right idea to pull the show!". I thought most shows went on hiatus during the two weeks of the Olympics.

thecaptain
02-10-06, 02:25 PM
i have to set my VCR.. i dont see any deals with any other network yet.. might just ride off into the sunset.Showtime unveiled four new series at the Television Critics Assn.'s winter press tour --but Arrested Development wasn't one of them :(

gdn
02-10-06, 02:40 PM
I am going to be very sad to see this show go. It was one of the best shows on TV. Hopefully some network will pick it up (just not HBO/Sho).

RhodyYanksFan
02-10-06, 06:17 PM
The VCR is set! Will Arnett was on the Daily Show last night, but he didn't really have much to say about the show's future.

mentalgidget
02-10-06, 10:18 PM
For those who didn't watch, without ruining the storyline for anyone. the very end may have clued us in to the future of AD...

in the "epilogue" Maybe was sitting, pitching her family's story to Ron Howard as a series. Howard says "I don't really see it as a series... maybe a movie?"

Those were the last words spoken

YankeeClemens22
02-10-06, 10:54 PM
It's over. :(

It was a really good last epidose, IMO, but I'm really sad to see it go. I think Ron's words at the end may have been just to get people to talk. I don't think we'll see an arrested movie.

mentalgidget
02-11-06, 12:18 PM
It's over. :(

It was a really good last epidose, IMO, but I'm really sad to see it go. I think Ron's words at the end may have been just to get people to talk. I don't think we'll see an arrested movie.

I don't know. One of the things I've read about others network shying away from the show is the money that such an ensemble cast would command. A movie might solve a bit of that. The one time payment instead of escalating slaraies per successful season.

thecaptain
02-11-06, 06:52 PM
I think its just going to ride off into the sunset..

YankeeClemens22
02-11-06, 07:04 PM
I don't know. One of the things I've read about others network shying away from the show is the money that such an ensemble cast would command. A movie might solve a bit of that. The one time payment instead of escalating slaraies per successful season.

I just think that from the way they closed everything, I don't think there are any plans to continue it.

thecaptain
03-05-06, 07:30 PM
Showtime to pick up Arrested Development? Cable network reportedly picks up 26 episodes, but nets are mum on the truth.

Will the Showtime go on? The New York Post's Page Six gossip column reports that cable network Showtime has picked up 26 episodes of the canceled cult sitcom Arrested Development. The show was axed by Fox after three seasons of Emmy-winning hilarity due to perennially low ratings. Neither network had anything to say officiall
http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=3475

RhodyYanksFan
03-05-06, 07:35 PM
Showtime to pick up Arrested Development? Cable network reportedly picks up 26 episodes, but nets are mum on the truth.

Will the Showtime go on? The New York Post's Page Six gossip column reports that cable network Showtime has picked up 26 episodes of the canceled cult sitcom Arrested Development. The show was axed by Fox after three seasons of Emmy-winning hilarity due to perennially low ratings. Neither network had anything to say officiall
http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=3475

I heard this a few weeks ago. I think it all depends on whether the creator wants to keep it going. Plus the cast would have to take a pay cut.

RhodyYanksFan
03-05-06, 07:41 PM
OK that "Sons & Daughters" show starting up on ABC looks like a horrible knockoff of AD. Not surprised that it's from Lorne Michaels.

thecaptain
03-05-06, 08:23 PM
Plus the cast would have to take a pay cut.I dont think they will want to take a paycut.. some maybe... but not all of them

RhodyYanksFan
03-26-06, 08:36 PM
So I just watched the Simpsons for the first time all year (thank you Ricky Gervais) and now I have The War at Home on in the background. HOLY SH*T WHAT A HORRIBLE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How this bullsiht stays on while AD is cancelled makes me soooo angry. :mad: :enraged:

RhodyYanksFan
03-28-06, 02:07 PM
It's over :(

http://www.tvfodder.com/archives/2006/03/arrested_develo_3.shtml

NelsonMuntz
03-28-06, 02:14 PM
It's over :(

http://www.tvfodder.com/archives/2006/03/arrested_develo_3.shtml
Well that truly sucks.

Sam18
03-28-06, 02:14 PM
Hahahaha! Take that Rhody!

S2
08-29-06, 03:26 PM
Season 3 on DVD today. Only $20, too.

YankeeClemens22
08-29-06, 03:47 PM
Season 3 on DVD today. Only $20, too.

Also only 13 eps. But I'll be getting it anyway. :)

5OClockLighting
08-29-06, 05:14 PM
http://www.g4tv.com/arresteddevelopment/index.html
Set your TiVos, G4 is running the reruns. Maybe if it does well like the Family guy it can return, so watch it and give it some ratings.

DJeter125
08-29-06, 06:27 PM
Set your TiVos, G4 is running the reruns. Maybe if it does well like the Family guy it can return, so watch it and give it some ratings.

I think sometime soon it will also be broadcast on the internet; on MSN, I think. Supposed to be broadcast on some HD channel that Mark Cuban owns, too. Maybe if the reruns do well they'll make a movie out of it, like they suggested in the last episode.

RhodyYanksFan
08-30-06, 03:50 PM
Maybe if the reruns do well they'll make a movie out of it, like they suggested in the last episode.

That would be awesome.

buckyjacobson
08-30-06, 03:52 PM

never heard of G4 -- thanks for the headsup, though

5OClockLighting
08-30-06, 04:22 PM
never heard of G4 -- thanks for the headsup, thoughI think they used to be tech-tv not to long ago.

S2
08-30-06, 11:05 PM
That would be awesome.
I caught Buster on one of the Emmy post-shows (don't ask) and he mentioned that a movie might be in the future. It seemed like it was something the cast wanted to do.

S2
02-05-08, 01:13 PM
Bump.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0204/arresteddevelopment.html

Popular US sitcom 'Arrested Development' is to be made into a movie, according to the shows star Jason Bateman.
Bateman told US TV show E! News that plans are underway for a movie version of the cancelled show.
Now Bateman, who currently stars in 'Juno', has confirmed the cast has received calls from executives asking if they would be interested in reviving their roles once the ongoing Hollywood writers strike is over.

RhodyYanksFan
02-05-08, 01:22 PM
Bump.

:rockin: :rockin:

OlgMvp
02-05-08, 02:18 PM
Bump.

Awesome news.

RhodyYanksFan
02-05-08, 02:19 PM
Awesome news.

Can't happen fast enough.

OlgMvp
02-05-08, 02:28 PM
Need them to hurry up and finish this strike.

I hope this doesn't take long to get going but I assume it will. Everyone on the show is so extremely vital. If any cast member were missing, it'd be awful...but Hurwitz is such a creatively hillarious writer that he could spin cast member missing in a funny light.

Let's hope that never happens though, I don't think it will. I'm sure the execs realize how vital each character is. I also hope Hurwitz gets the cash he needs to do this project. Bateman obviously loves Hurwitz, love seeing that bond between performer and writer, it appears that Bateman just loves the material. I can't blame him.

Lots of contracts to be signed, lots of people will need to be paid, I pray there are no hold-ups. I don't want this movie to be part of "development hell"

bcom33
03-28-08, 12:59 PM
So, if they really do go ahead with this movie, do you think that Ron Howard will narrate it? It would be weird to see Arrested Development without his great narration.

I've been rewatching the seasons, and this is really one of my favorite all-time shows.

COME ON!

Evil Empire
03-28-08, 01:11 PM
So, if they really do go ahead with this movie, do you think that Ron Howard will narrate it? It would be weird to see Arrested Development without his great narration.

I've been rewatching the seasons, and this is really one of my favorite all-time shows.

COME ON!

He has to, basically. Without him would be like watching the show with mute on.

RhodyYanksFan
03-28-08, 01:21 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't. The only problem with AD is that when I quote lines from it, nobody gets them. It's a shame.

bcom33
03-28-08, 01:22 PM
He has to, basically. Without him would be like watching the show with mute on.

lmao, great avatar :D

mentalgidget
03-28-08, 01:22 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't. The only problem with AD is that when I quote lines from it, nobody gets them. It's a shame.
I know the feeling but isn't it great when someone gets it? However rare that occurence is

bcom33
03-28-08, 01:23 PM

Would you like a banger in the mouth?

Evil Empire
03-28-08, 01:24 PM

It's true. It's too bad no one watched this show. I picked up all the DVDs on amazon for like 45 bucks.

What's your guys' favorite lines?

I think my favorite recurring line is when Gob says "..but where did the lighter fluid come from?"

Another good line (or dialogue is:)

Tobias:It seems I prematurely shot my wad on what I thought was a dry run...and now I have somewhat of a mess on my hands.

Michael:There are so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

Evil Empire
03-28-08, 01:25 PM
Would you like a banger in the mouth?

Tobias' book reading is the best.

..."There's a man inside me"...

bcom33
03-28-08, 01:28 PM
Tobias' book reading is the best.

..."There's a man inside me"...

Has some of the best runnings gags ever...

"Her?"

"That was a freebie..."

However, my favorite scene of all-time from arrested developemnt involves Franklin Delano Bluth.

George Sr.: Soak the puppet's mouth with ether, and have Franklin give Lucille a kiss to knock her out.
Gob: [as Franklin] I ain't kissin' that ol' b****.
George Sr.: [starts to choke Franklin] That's my wife, you bastard.
Gob: Dad, that's my wrist.
[as George Sr. chokes Gob]
Gob: [as Franklin] Hey man, that's his neck!

LMAO every time I watch that. :D

RhodeyYankee2638
03-28-08, 01:32 PM
I just blue myself

bcom33
03-28-08, 01:34 PM
I just blue myself

how about when Tobias goes to the "Blue" man group, which ends up being a support group of depressed men, walks up to mike and says...

"I feel like a f***ing idiot..."

Evil Empire
03-28-08, 01:36 PM
Do you think the movie continues right where the show left off or is it going to be a few years later or something?

bcom33
03-28-08, 01:37 PM
Do you think the movie continues right where the show left off or is it going to be a few years later or something?

I hope there's a reference to Bob Loblaw's law blog. :)

I think it will continue maybe a few months to a year after the show, George Michael and Michael will have been in Phoenix for a while and had to move back...or maybe the family opens up a branch in Phoenix or something along those lines.

RhodyYanksFan
03-28-08, 01:40 PM
Has some of the best runnings gags ever...

"Her?"

"That was a freebie..."

However, my favorite scene of all-time from arrested developemnt involves Franklin Delano Bluth.

George Sr.: Soak the puppet's mouth with ether, and have Franklin give Lucille a kiss to knock her out.
Gob: [as Franklin] I ain't kissin' that ol' b****.
George Sr.: [starts to choke Franklin] That's my wife, you bastard.
Gob: Dad, that's my wrist.
[as George Sr. chokes Gob]
Gob: [as Franklin] Hey man, that's his neck!

LMAO every time I watch that. :D

Franklin Comes Alive is one of the 3 best episodes in the series.

I also love whenever Michael totally sh*ts on Lucielle and she doesn't get it. I forget the exact lines, but there's one scene where they're talking about the old log cabin.

Lucille: "I don't know how I'll get anyone to go in that old dingy dusty place"
Michael: <delay> "The cabin...got it."

Heard anything about this?
http://www.arresteddevelopmentdoc.com/

bcom33
03-28-08, 01:44 PM
Franklin Comes Alive is one of the 3 best episodes in the series.

I also love whenever Michael totally sh*ts on Lucielle and she doesn't get it. I forget the exact lines, but there's one scene where they're talking about the old log cabin.

Lucille: "I don't know how I'll get anyone to go in that old dingy dusty place"
Michael: <delay> "The cabin...got it."

Heard anything about this?
http://www.arresteddevelopmentdoc.com/

That documentary seems interesting. Anything that brings more attention to this great show. I'm just hoping that enough excitement can be built by the movie for the show to be relaunched again for 2 more seasons or so.

sprucemoose
03-28-08, 02:33 PM
I hope there's a reference to Bob Loblaw's law blog. :)

I think it will continue maybe a few months to a year after the show, George Michael and Michael will have been in Phoenix for a while and had to move back...or maybe the family opens up a branch in Phoenix or something along those lines.

I remember the newspaper headline: Bob Loblaw lobs law bomb.

RhodyYanksFan
03-28-08, 02:34 PM
I remember the newspaper headline: Bob Loblaw lobs law bomb.

Don't forget Bob Loblaws law blog.

mentalgidget
03-28-08, 02:35 PM
"oh, you're a mouthful, Bob Loblaw"

Evil Empire
03-28-08, 02:49 PM
Anyone think Annyong and Carl Weathers will be in the movie?

trapper700
03-28-08, 02:59 PM
nothing to do with the movie or the show, but here's a hilarious video with will arnett

WILL ARNETT-HUMAN GIANT SEX TAPE (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4f551b0252)

not so safe for work. wear headphones or something.

bcom33
03-28-08, 03:00 PM
Anyone think Annyong and Carl Weathers will be in the movie?

Don't you mean Hello and Carl Weathers...:) I love how the family starts off thinking the "Annyong" repetition thing is cute, but slowly grows annoyed, and then a couple episodes letter when he says Annyong, Gob says something like "YOU INSUFFERABLE CHILD!!"

"It's as ann as the nose on Plain's face." Ann HAS to be in the movie.

Evil Empire
03-28-08, 03:14 PM
nothing to do with the movie or the show, but here's a hilarious video with will arnett

WILL ARNETT-HUMAN GIANT SEX TAPE (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4f551b0252)

not so safe for work. wear headphones or something.

I've seen this before. It's insanely hilarious. :lol:

Evil Empire
03-28-08, 03:15 PM
Don't you mean Hello and Carl Weathers...:) I love how the family starts off thinking the "Annyong" repetition thing is cute, but slowly grows annoyed, and then a couple episodes letter when he says Annyong, Gob says something like "YOU INSUFFERABLE CHILD!!"

"It's as ann as the nose on Plain's face." Ann HAS to be in the movie.

As well as "STEVE HOLT!", Barry Zuckercorn, and Lucille 2.

bcom33
03-28-08, 03:33 PM
My favorite Ann line though, probably not the best...

Michael: I think George Michael is hiding Ann in the attic
Lindsay: From who the Nazi's??

ROFL

RhodyYanksFan
03-28-08, 03:47 PM
I liked Tobias' analysist / therapist cards.

Tobias Funke
Analrapist

YClipper5
03-28-08, 04:16 PM
Ann Veal MUST be in this movie!

bcom33
03-28-08, 09:33 PM

"TAKE ME TO YOUR SECULAR WORLD!!!"

Evil Empire
03-28-08, 09:55 PM
I liked Tobias' analysist / therapist cards.

Tobias Funke
Analrapist

omg I forgot about that! awesome! :lol::lol:

S2
03-28-08, 10:10 PM
Even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up.

bcom33
03-28-08, 11:25 PM
Lindsay: You look like a man of taste and class
Guy at Bar: I'll give you $2000 to touch me
Lindsay: OMG, is that my husband [Tobias walks into the restaurant with Carl Weathers]
Guy at Bar: Your husband is Carl Weathers. ****! [walks away quickly]

CanoForPresident
03-28-08, 11:53 PM
Tobias: I guess you can say, I blue my self

Michael: Theres gotta be a better way to say that

RhodyYanksFan
07-01-08, 08:45 AM
http://defamer.com/5019005/what-a-fun-sexy-time-for-us-jason-bateman-confirms-arrested-development-movie-to-shoot-next-year

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

It's been rumored since the show went off the air two years ago, but it looks the Arrested Development movie is finally a go. While in the UK to promote his upcoming role in the Will Smith vehicle Hancock, costar Jason Bateman let slip that the embattled Bluths are finally reuniting on the big screen:

Boogiedown Bomber
07-01-08, 08:35 PM
http://defamer.com/5019005/what-a-fun-sexy-time-for-us-jason-bateman-confirms-arrested-development-movie-to-shoot-next-year

Hellz yeah!!!!!! :gulp:

Evil Empire
07-01-08, 09:01 PM

I just blued myself.

CanoForPresident
07-01-08, 11:37 PM

That is ................ing awesome.

Evil Empire
02-15-09, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8zjP2q9nzo

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/arrested-development-tambor-says-cera-will-do-the-movie/

Old news, but a reason to bump the thread, The big hold up was supposably Michael Cun...err...Cera, the bluth patriarch will put an end to that:

Tambor said, “If I have to call him up and say, ‘Get on set right now, young man,’ he’ll be there… The movie is going to happen this year, and Michael Cera is on board. Trust me.”

CanoForPresident
02-15-09, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8zjP2q9nzo

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/arrested-development-tambor-says-cera-will-do-the-movie/

Old news, but a reason to bump the thread, The big hold up was supposably Michael Cun...err...Cera, the bluth patriarch will put an end to that:

Dude was in one and a half good movies and thinks hes the ................ now.

Glad that they finally got him on board so they can move forward with the project.

S2
02-15-09, 10:12 PM
Fantastic news.

Tobias: You know, mother Lucille, there's a psychological concept known as denial that I believe you're evincing. It's when a thought is so hateful that the mind literally rejects it.
Lucille: You are a worse psychiatrist than you are a son-in-law, and you will never get work as an actor because you have no talent.
Tobias: Well if she's not going to say anything, I certainly can't help her.

Evil Empire
02-15-09, 10:17 PM
Dude was in one and a half good movies and thinks hes the ................ now.

Glad that they finally got him on board so they can move forward with the project.

Lest what Olbermann and Tambor says, Cera still hasn't officially said anything and the movie isn't really official yet.

From what I've read, Mitch Hurwitz won't write a script until he knows who's on board, and George Michael won't sign on until he sees a script.

I think the two of them should just sit down in front of an analrapist and sort things through.

Sam18
02-15-09, 10:22 PM
I hate Michael Cera so much. I can't wait for this movie, love the show.

Evil Empire
02-15-09, 10:29 PM

She's the bell of the ball!

Sam18
02-15-09, 10:30 PM
She's the bell of the ball!

Haha yeah.

CanoForPresident
02-15-09, 10:47 PM
Lest what Olbermann and Tambor says, Cera still hasn't officially said anything and the movie isn't really official yet.

From what I've read, Mitch Hurwitz won't write a script until he knows who's on board, and George Michael won't sign on until he sees a script.

I think the two of them should just sit down in front of an analrapist and sort things through.

I lol'd.

I side with Hurwitz on this one. Cera better remember where he came from.

msw6880
02-16-09, 12:00 AM
Cera needs time to explore playing the same effin' character in other movies.

bcom33
02-16-09, 02:10 AM
It's true...Michael Cera may have the least range of any actor I've ever seen...

RhodeyYankee2638
02-16-09, 07:26 AM
Who is Ann?

RhodyYanksFan
02-16-09, 08:15 AM
I lol'd.

I side with Hurwitz on this one. Cera better remember where he came from.

Seriously, the dude plays George Michael in every role he does so why on Earth is he being a dick about actually playing Geroge Michael for real again?

Evil Empire
02-16-09, 08:17 AM
Who is Ann?

Her??

msw6880
02-16-09, 08:44 AM
Annabell?

NelsonMuntz
02-16-09, 11:48 AM
FYI, the channel "G4" shows Arrested Development re-runs every Sunday night. It's really a shame that this show never took off. It's so funny and so well written.

bigwampum
02-16-09, 03:12 PM
Annabell?
What, is she funny or something?

CanoForPresident
02-16-09, 05:32 PM
What, is she funny or something?

You're a little Annehog

Evil Empire
02-18-09, 08:00 PM
You're a little Annehog

Total 180 from hog, but who's that in your current sig pic?

CanoForPresident
02-18-09, 10:58 PM
Total 180 from hog, but who's that in your current sig pic?

Jessica Burciaga.

sprucemoose
02-25-09, 08:29 AM
George Michael is on board, the movie is a go:

http://gawker.com/5159778/bullied-michael-cera-finally-signs-onto-arrested-development-movie

bigwampum
02-25-09, 06:49 PM
Finally, that little bastard...

Evil Empire
04-21-09, 09:11 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/66993/sit-down-shut-up-talking-arrested

Lest what they may say in this, Sit Down Shut Up doesn't replace Arrested Development.

bcom33
04-21-09, 09:57 PM

Lest what they may say in this, Sit Down Shut Up doesn't replace Arrested Development.

I completely agree...I was bored that entire first episode...

RhodyYanksFan
04-22-09, 07:48 AM
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Evil Empire
04-22-09, 08:27 AM
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

*walks in circles*

Mezmerize
04-22-09, 12:10 PM
Annabell?

Her? :D

penguin4
04-22-09, 12:55 PM

Lest what they may say in this, Sit Down Shut Up doesn't replace Arrested Development.Yeah, the episode had the same sort of tightness as AD, but I didn't find myself laughing much, merely shrugging my shoulders. I'm hoping it's one of those shows where after six episodes it gets hilariously funny because you get to know the characters -- I'm just not sure I want to stick around that long to watch it.

RhodyYanksFan
09-26-09, 10:19 AM
Been re-watching the series the past month. Of course it holds up and is still hilarious the 3rd time around.

Also, can't wait for this to come out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC4RToo6XeI

http://arresteddevelopmentdoc.com/

BobLoblaw
09-26-09, 01:53 PM
Been re-watching the series the past month. Of course it holds up and is still hilarious the 3rd time around.

Also, can't wait for this to come out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC4RToo6XeI

http://arresteddevelopmentdoc.com/

Is there an estimated release date for that documentary yet? Or are they still working on it? I couldn't tell from looking around the site.

Evil Empire
09-26-09, 11:01 PM
All I've heard was 2009 for the documentary, but they've been saying that for a while.

mentalgidget
10-02-11, 07:49 PM
Dug deep to bring this one back from the dead but this is well worth it!

Arrested Development: New episodes, movie coming (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/02/arrested-development-back-new-episodes-movie_n_991404.html)

"The cult classic television comedy about the travails of the rich, zany Bluth family, cancelled in 2006 after three seasons, will produce nine to ten new episodes and a movie, it was announced at The New Yorker Festival on Sunday. "It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13. VERY excited!" leading actor Jason Bateman tweeted (http://twitter.com/batemanjason/statuses/120629729819766785)."

RhodyYanksFan
10-03-11, 08:34 AM
Dug deep to bring this one back from the dead but this is well worth it!

Arrested Development: New episodes, movie coming (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/02/arrested-development-back-new-episodes-movie_n_991404.html)

"The cult classic television comedy about the travails of the rich, zany Bluth family, cancelled in 2006 after three seasons, will produce nine to ten new episodes and a movie, it was announced at The New Yorker Festival on Sunday. "It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13. VERY excited!" leading actor Jason Bateman tweeted (http://twitter.com/batemanjason/statuses/120629729819766785)."

:gulp: Awesome!

pleasepassthesoup
10-03-11, 09:15 AM
Another thing that came out during that, was that the whole Michael Cera not being on board thing was an inside joke. They thought it would be funny if, of all people, Michael Cera was holding them up.

OlgMvp
10-03-11, 12:32 PM
This is great news. I'm psyched to see where they take it.

bcom33
10-03-11, 06:05 PM
Another thing that came out during that, was that the whole Michael Cera not being on board thing was an inside joke. They thought it would be funny if, of all people, Michael Cera was holding them up.

LMAO.

OMG I am INCREDIBLY psyched for this!!!

BobLoblaw
10-03-11, 06:15 PM
New episodes??

machphantom
10-04-11, 12:42 AM
I hope they put it on Comedy Central or AMC so they can actually be funny without the network telling them they cant do anything, you know, funny. Either way, super amazingly fun news!

Evil Empire
10-04-11, 07:52 AM
I read that its Showtime or Netflix (or both) that will broadcast them.

RhodyYanksFan
11-19-11, 11:28 AM
Netflix is is.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/arrested-development-new-episodes-netflix/

The video streaming service on Friday announced that it will exclusively offer all-new episodes of the acclaimed yet short-lived comedy, Arrested Development, beginning in 2013.

Evil Empire
11-20-11, 04:27 PM
Well this should prevent any chance of Netflix going under.

CoyoteYankee
11-21-11, 12:59 PM
I'm re-watching all three seasons of the show again. I'm almost through Season 1. I think this is my 3rd time through the episodes and I keep catching things that I never saw before. This show is so hilariously brilliant.

bcom33
11-21-11, 02:41 PM
I'm re-watching all three seasons of the show again. I'm almost through Season 1. I think this is my 3rd time through the episodes and I keep catching things that I never saw before. This show is so hilariously brilliant.

I'll never get tired of re-watching that show.

mentalgidget
11-21-11, 03:10 PM
I'll never get tired of re-watching that show.
nope. I could (and just about have) literally watch the entire series once a year since it went off the air and it still makes me laugh.

mentalgidget
08-01-12, 09:37 AM
Jason Batman tweeted 2 pictures of Michael Cera visiting the set being built!
Cera in the model home (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/jason%20bateman/slideshow/photos?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.twimg.com%2FAy6iyA_CYAA_cuL.jpg)

Cera @ Balboa Towers (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/jason%20bateman/slideshow/photos?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.twimg.com%2FAy6jNI_CIAAurLl.jpg)

bcom33
08-01-12, 02:53 PM
Jason Batman tweeted 2 pictures of Michael Cera visiting the set being built!
Cera in the model home (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/jason%20bateman/slideshow/photos?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.twimg.com%2FAy6iyA_CYAA_cuL.jpg)

Cera @ Balboa Towers (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/jason%20bateman/slideshow/photos?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.twimg.com%2FAy6jNI_CIAAurLl.jpg)

Haha, awesome.

RhodyYanksFan
05-13-13, 09:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=vzVhPCMAxWQ

Yes!

bcom33
05-13-13, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=vzVhPCMAxWQ

Yes!

Wow, so they ARE going to release all of the episodes all at once, like House of Cards.

That's going to be such a nightmare for spoilers. Sunday, May 26th is going to be an incredibly long, and hilarious day.

RhodyYanksFan
05-13-13, 02:29 PM
Only thing that preview is missing is Ron Howard.

terryanny
05-13-13, 08:15 PM
I just discovered this series. I LOVE IT! The slapstick comedy and the whit are so well balanced between characters that it suits whatever mood I am in and I love the 30 minute length of the episodes. I can take a break from my online work to watch an episode on Netflix then get right back to work without missing a beat.

mentalgidget
05-14-13, 02:50 PM
I just discovered this series. I LOVE IT! The slapstick comedy and the whit are so well balanced between characters that it suits whatever mood I am in and I love the 30 minute length of the episodes. I can take a break from my online work to watch an episode on Netflix then get right back to work without missing a beat.
I have equal parts envy and disdain for you. Envy, because you just found this show and can now enjoy it without a 7 year "will they, won't they?" wait for a new season.
Disdain because you don't have to wait through a 7 year "will they, won't they?" wait for a new season!

RhodyYanksFan
05-21-13, 02:46 PM
Holy sh*t this is awesome.

http://apps.npr.org/arrested-development/

Arrested Development is coming back on May 26! Because we're obsessed we care about your rewatching experience, we wrote down all the recurring gags in every episode — with special attention to jokes hidden in the background (like Cloudmir vodka) or being foreshadowed (like when Buster lost his hand).

Click the jokes for disconcerting detail.

DontHateOnNumber2
05-21-13, 03:29 PM
I'm so hyped for this show to come back. That's a great link for the running gags, by the way. Friends and I will occasionally say things like that for no reason (Ex: Mister X, in a mock female tone). Quite excited.

pjfan
05-23-13, 04:00 PM
With the forecing for a washout on Sunday, the road is paved for me to sit through all 15 episodes. I was initially feeling bad because the weather was going to be nice and it is Memorial Day Weekend. But now? I'm pretty excited

bcom33
05-23-13, 04:46 PM
Is there any reason people couldn't get the free month trial of Netflix, stream all 15 episodes, and then cancel the trial?

Because if so, I'm doing that Sunday.

Soriambi
05-23-13, 06:19 PM
Is there any reason people couldn't get the free month trial of Netflix, stream all 15 episodes, and then cancel the trial?

Because if so, I'm doing that Sunday.

As I understand it, you can do that. I think Netflix is hoping that those who do that take a look around and like what they see enough to stick around (in addition to sticking around for future seasons, etc.) If I was Netflix I think I might have spaced the episodes out so that if someone wanted to join, they'd have to at least pay one month's worth of fees to see the episodes, but as a customer already with them, I'm glad they're doing it the way they're doing it. I'd think it'd be worth it to stick around for a pay period just to thank them for bringing the show back. Even if you don't do that, I'd stick around for the full trial. The streaming service is very strong if you're interested at all in anything other than current releases. From what I've heard, the DVD by mail service is getting worse and worse.

RhodyYanksFan
05-23-13, 10:05 PM
With the forecing for a washout on Sunday, the road is paved for me to sit through all 15 episodes. I was initially feeling bad because the weather was going to be nice and it is Memorial Day Weekend. But now? I'm pretty excited

http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/mitch-hurwitz-dont-binge-watch-arrested-development.html

Mitch Hurwitz thinks that's not the best idea.

Take it easy, because comedy get less amusing after a few hours. “You’ll get tired!” says Hurwitz. “One of the producers came by when I was in post-production recently, and he said, ‘Can I see some of them?’ and I said, ‘Yeah, we’ve got seven episodes.’ ‘Great.’ And I heard him in the other room laughing and laughing, and then I heard him laughing a little less, and then a little less, and then later I saw him getting a drink of water and I said, ‘What do you think?’ He goes, ‘I’m just getting a little tired. I love it, it’s great, but you can’t really laugh the whole time. You have to take a break. There’s so much material.’”
Plus, Hurwitz adds, “You can’t take it all in at once. It’s like the selective-attention test. The whole show is like the selective-attention test. No one sees the gorilla! I’ll give you an example: When I was at the last sound mix with our editors and there was one of our bigger sight gags in the background of one of our more absurd conversations, nobody saw the sight gag, including me. And all we were doing is staring at the screen! What I like about the show is not that gimmick but that it gives fans something to pore over if that’s fun for them. If they want to go right back and check out the Gob episode and see how that was set up, they can.”

NYDCYankee
05-23-13, 11:54 PM
I think that is true.

pjfan
05-24-13, 08:48 AM
Yeah, you're probably right. And with 2 seven year olds, it's highly unlikely that I can sneak away long enough to watch them all, haha. Maybe do it in 3 episode stretches over a few days.

Does anyone know what time they will be released. Will it be midnight on Saturday?

mentalgidget
05-24-13, 08:49 AM
Yeah, you're probably right. And with 2 seven year olds, it's highly unlikely that I can sneak away long enough to watch them all, haha. Maybe do it in 3 episode stretches over a few days.

Does anyone know what time they will be released. Will it be midnight on Saturday?
On the east coast, it'll be 3:00am on Sunday.

Soriambi
05-24-13, 02:35 PM
Will it be midnight on Saturday?

I believe so, but I'm not 100% sure.

Soriambi
05-26-13, 12:05 AM
I believe so, but I'm not 100% sure.

Evidently it's at 3 AM.

RhodyYanksFan
05-26-13, 10:30 AM
Watched the first one. Kind of weird to see Michael as such a mess...and dumb. Didn't feel right. Still funny though.

Soriambi
05-26-13, 11:10 AM
I just got done watching the 3rd episode (I'm planning on watching three episodes a day to drag it out a little.) No spoilers, but I think those who haven't watched will be happy to know that this definitely isn't a greatest hits exercise. It feels very much like watching the old show. Another note: I don't think anyone on the show aged a day other than Maeby.

dabomb2045
05-27-13, 02:54 AM
Didnt watch this show before last week. A few friends were telling me it was coming back and how great it was the first time around. So I started watching the old episodes a few days ago. Gotta say this show is awesome....I just finished Season 1. Gonna try to get thru the next 2 seasons over the next few weeks so I then can watch these new episodes that just were released.

Soriambi
05-27-13, 10:12 AM
Didnt watch this show before last week. A few friends were telling me it was coming back and how great it was the first time around. So I started watching the old episodes a few days ago. Gotta say this show is awesome....I just finished Season 1. Gonna try to get thru the next 2 seasons over the next few weeks so I then can watch these new episodes that just were released.

Enjoy.

Philip Hughes Fan
05-27-13, 02:08 PM
I just got done watching the 3rd episode (I'm planning on watching three episodes a day to drag it out a little.) No spoilers, but I think those who haven't watched will be happy to know that this definitely isn't a greatest hits exercise. It feels very much like watching the old show. Another note: I don't think anyone on the show aged a day other than Maeby.

I'm enjoying it a lot too, but re. your last sentence: have you seen Lindsey? If it wasn't for the voice I'd be convinced it's a different actress. She looks like she's aged a lot and/or had horrible plastic surgery.

Soriambi
05-27-13, 07:20 PM
I'm enjoying it a lot too, but re. your last sentence: have you seen Lindsey? If it wasn't for the voice I'd be convinced it's a different actress. She looks like she's aged a lot and/or had horrible plastic surgery.

You're correct, I should have said her as well.

I'm through six episodes now. Based on what I've seen, I'd definitely recommend either binge watching or semi-binge watching (don't stretch it out too much), as the episodes kind of jump forwards and backwards in the timeline somewhat and are intertwined in some surprising ways that might be lost on you if it's been too long since you've seen the earlier episodes.

mentalgidget
05-28-13, 09:35 AM
I'm going to resist adding spoilers but I will say that I am more and more impressed as I watch through the season. I was slightly underwhelmed by the first ep. but they've gotten better and better.

bcom33
05-28-13, 02:29 PM
It gets better as it goes along, but I don't think it really matches the best of the first 3 seasons. There are definitely some laugh out loud puns and callbacks.

I've watched through the whole season, and maybe I missed it, but there was no reference to Franklin that I heard. I definitely missed a lot as I went through, and will have to watch again, but that's disappointing to me.

mentalgidget
06-07-13, 09:46 AM
Just watched the last of the new episodes last night:
I was mad at how it ended but they made up for it with the "on the next" bit after the credits. I really think there will be more episodes / a movie. Not only because of the unanswered questions but also because i can't believe that, if everyone involved knew this was a one shot deal, that they would have "ended"it the way they did.

and I, too, was disappointed at the lack of Franklin, esp. given one of Maeby's chosen jobs

RhodyYanksFan
12-17-13, 08:54 AM
Someone came up with a recipe for Cornballs.

http://jezebel.com/omg-someone-figured-out-how-to-make-arrested-developmen-1483343979