PDA

View Full Version : Brett Jodie



yogibuck
05-23-01, 10:13 AM
Started the year at (AA) Norwich and after 2 starts was 2-0 with a 0.64 ERA. He had 14 K's and allowed 2 walks and 10 hits in 14 IP.

Then was promoted to AAA Columbs where he has gone 5-2 with a 2.65 ERA in 8 starts. He has allowed 48 hits and 7 BB's in 51 IP. Only 29 K's however.

He is off to a great start however.

brbyank
05-25-01, 03:18 PM
Yogibuck,I watched Jodie pitch several times at Greensboro in 99,and really liked him.He pitches like a right handed Andy Pettitte,he gives up a lot of hits,but few runs.He is hard to knock out of a game,and I think he will make the majors.

will75
05-30-01, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by yogibuck
Started the year at (AA) Norwich and after 2 starts was 2-0 with a 0.64 ERA. He had 14 K's and allowed 2 walks and 10 hits in 14 IP.

Then was promoted to AAA Columbs where he has gone 5-2 with a 2.65 ERA in 8 starts. He has allowed 48 hits and 7 BB's in 51 IP. Only 29 K's however.

He is off to a great start however.



Jodie is next in line i bet...Lilly better watch his back... Jodie didn't win last time out (because i didn't see his win/loss total change..)However in stats his ERA went lower. So i assume he pitched well.I mean if your era is 2.65 and it goes to 2.53 can't have had that bad of a game :P win or lose.

Lilly better WATCH HIS BACK!

Will

DandyRandy48
06-03-01, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by yogibuck
Started the year at (AA) Norwich and after 2 starts was 2-0 with a 0.64 ERA. He had 14 K's and allowed 2 walks and 10 hits in 14 IP.

Then was promoted to AAA Columbs where he has gone 5-2 with a 2.65 ERA in 8 starts. He has allowed 48 hits and 7 BB's in 51 IP. Only 29 K's however.

He is off to a great start however.


Sounds good to me...

Don't be disappointed over 29K's, though... the important thing is that he gets the batters out...

Nome
06-04-01, 08:56 AM
I think Lilly can be a good pitcher - IN SHORT RELIEF!

BUT Brett Jodi certainly can fit into our bullpen, if not into our starting rotation given our present situation.

CarolR
06-04-01, 11:23 AM
I didn't know anything about Brett Jodi but I am delighted to read threads like this. Keep us posted as to how he is doing. I will keep my fingers crossed!!!!

will75
06-09-01, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by CarolR
I didn't know anything about Brett Jodi but I am delighted to read threads like this. Keep us posted as to how he is doing. I will keep my fingers crossed!!!!


well he's lost his last 2 starts.But how bad can that be when you lose 2 in a row and your already LOW era drops further :)
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/teambox.asp?ScoreType=T&ScoreId=154






2.70 not bad at all:p

Spencerholic
06-12-01, 11:19 PM
Lilly's not about to lose his job anytime soon. I doubt no matter how well Jodie does, he could come up and do much better than Lilly.

will75
06-13-01, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Spencerholic
Lilly's not about to lose his job anytime soon. I doubt no matter how well Jodie does, he could come up and do much better than Lilly.

I agree right now.However lilly can pitch good 1 second and look bad another...He looked good this game.But 1 game don't make ya....:eek:

will75
06-15-01, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by will75


I agree right now.However lilly can pitch good 1 second and look bad another...He looked good this game.But 1 game don't make ya....:eek:






BUMP... Jodie wins again ...... 8 ip 3er

bagger015
06-16-01, 01:12 AM
:cool: thanks for the info and i hope they don't bring him along to soon. Many a prospect has disappeared due to impatience by management.
Pitching in the majors is way different. :D