PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for next year

ruthianblast
08-30-05, 12:30 PM
Don't get me wrong this league has been awesome even were I not in first it would still be a lot of fun, the draft ruled, and just in general this is the best fantasy league I've been in. I do of course have a couple of things I would like mulled over by management.

1. Modified waiver wire
In my proposed system it would not be a true waiver wire, any dropped player would be unavailable for 2 days so everyone has a chance to see that the player has indeed been dropped. After which a 7 day period exists where the player is available at the draft or contractual salary, after that the player is $10 if not under contract and $14 if under contract.

2. Consider a roto season, and a September playoff head to head, it keeps more people interested, the results of the playoff then could be used to determine draft order (not that important in auction league but still). The playoffs could start the 1st and likely end the 21st or so so we don't get into the resting of players too much.

Just a couple of things to think about.

Hitman23
08-30-05, 12:46 PM
I agree completely with the waiver wire, I was going to suggest that myself.

I like the idea of a head to head playoff at the end of the year. I'd be up for it if it were logictically possible on the website.

yanksphan
08-31-05, 10:47 AM
I think we need a bench - but only for position players.

Garret Anderson sat out for 10 days a couple weeks ago. So for about 8 games - I get no OF. I propose 3 bench spots.

No pitchers allowed on the bench - take the good and the bad.

Big_E
08-31-05, 10:50 AM
Definitely need waivers set up.

But no bench. ;) Auction leagues don't use a bench. :)

Snatch Catch
08-31-05, 12:29 PM
I actually selected waivers when setting up the league, but I must have done something wrong because they didn't stick. If no one is in opposition to it, it will be a part of the league next year.

No bench.

Never a bench. :D

Big_E
08-31-05, 12:40 PM
Also, perhaps one or two Assistant Commissioners who are familiar with the Sportsline system and can help with things, esp when the Commissioner is unavailable. (My other two keeper leagues on Sportsline have 1-3 assistant commissioners).

Hitman23
08-31-05, 12:45 PM
No bench.

Never a bench. :Dyou really are a bastard.

c'mon.... just 1!! :lol:

Snatch Catch
08-31-05, 12:56 PM
Also, perhaps one or two Assistant Commissioners who are familiar with the Sportsline system and can help with things, esp when the Commissioner is unavailable. (My other two keeper leagues on Sportsline have 1-3 assistant commissioners).

A good idea.

Snatch Catch
08-31-05, 12:57 PM
you really are a bastard.

c'mon.... just 1!! :lol:

Nope.

No dice! :cool:

Hitman23
08-31-05, 01:56 PM
Nope.

No dice! :cool:never hurts to ask I suppose.