PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Aristocrats

WTrain44
08-15-05, 03:25 PM
Anyone else see it? It was hilarious... disgusting and hilarious.

boo_427
08-15-05, 03:26 PM
Is it still only LA/NY?

I know Atlanta is one of the next 15, the Tara Theatre is supposed to be showing it whenever it debuts to the second wave.

RhodyYanksFan
08-15-05, 06:03 PM
While I do want to see it, I was worried that it might get repeatative hearing the same joke (which isn't really funny to begin with) over and over again.

BrooklynBotz
08-15-05, 10:05 PM
While I do want to see it, I was worried that it might get repeatative hearing the same joke (which isn't really funny to begin with) over and over again.

that's how i feel about it too. my friend saw it and said it was very funny. but really it's not even a joke. it's a non joke and i can't see how 1 1/2 hours of it wouldn't get annoying. however, i did see the Cartman part and it was pretty great.

rkh5donkey
08-15-05, 10:44 PM

Ah, but it's not about the joke. It's about what each comic does with it. As someone in the movie says, it's like hearing different versions of the same jazz standard. The joke itself is almost irrelevant.

I thought it was HI-larious. I particularly liked George Carlin, Gilbert Godfried and Bob Saget. I wish I could talk about it more without severely violating community standards.

SoCal Pinstriper
08-15-05, 11:24 PM
I thought it was absolutely great.

twinks34
08-15-05, 11:26 PM
It's not rated R, right? I want to see this so bad.

Snatch Catch
08-15-05, 11:30 PM
It's not rated R, right?

:lol: :roflmao: :lol:

WTrain44
08-15-05, 11:55 PM
Ah, but it's not about the joke. It's about what each comic does with it. As someone in the movie says, it's like hearing different versions of the same jazz standard. The joke itself is almost irrelevant.

I thought it was HI-larious. I particularly liked George Carlin, Gilbert Godfried and Bob Saget. I wish I could talk about it more without severely violating community standards.

Exactly! Its really not the same joke over and over again, its each comedian telling his or her own story of it. They each put their own personal spin on it, thats the whole fun. The part of the joke (the majority) that varies from comedian to comedian reflects their own style and personal touch on it.
A friend told me he saw Saget do standup expecting a clean show, but instead was treated to a raunchy act, so it was nice to see him do his own thing in this movie too.

It is such a funny movie! I'm definately getting the DVD, but I'd suggest seeing it in the theater for the big screen and community laughter effect.

I almost started this thread in the sports bar in case anyone posted any details.
In addition to community standards, I don't want to give away anything either.

Oh.. its not rated R- its not rated at all. :)

in MO I trust 42
08-16-05, 07:18 PM
i heard this was a movie worth seeing

in MO I trust 42
08-16-05, 07:19 PM
Exactly! Its really not the same joke over and over again, its each comedian telling his or her own story of it. They each put their own personal spin on it, thats the whole fun. The part of the joke (the majority) that varies from comedian to comedian reflects their own style and personal touch on it.
A friend told me he saw Saget do standup expecting a clean show, but instead was treated to a raunchy act, so it was nice to see him do his own thing in this movie too.

It is such a funny movie! I'm definately getting the DVD, but I'd suggest seeing it in the theater for the big screen and community laughter effect.

I almost started this thread in the sports bar in case anyone posted any details.
In addition to community standards, I don't want to give away anything either.

Oh.. its not rated R- its not rated at all. :)

is it worth spending the $10 to see in the movie theater or wait for it to come out on dvd?

anupam
08-16-05, 07:21 PM
download it its easier

rkh5donkey
08-16-05, 07:48 PM
is it worth spending the $10 to see in the movie theater or wait for it to come out on dvd?
I'd see it in the theater. I always prefer seeing good comedies in the theater as the laughter from the audience heightens the experience.

And it's comforting to know that you're not the only person who finds these sick, sick jokes funny. ;)

WTrain44
08-16-05, 08:48 PM
I'd see it in the theater. I always prefer seeing good comedies in the theater as the laughter from the audience heightens the experience.

And it's comforting to know that you're not the only person who finds these sick, sick jokes funny. ;)

Agreed.
Like I said in my last post- go see it in the theater.
Not only is it worth the 10 bucks, it is more fun to laugh along with the audience at such a nutty movie.

Smithers
02-21-06, 01:31 PM
i'm bumping this because i watched the movie over the weekend and it is easily one of the single funniest things i've ever seen.

bob saget is without a doubt the highlight of the thing. andy dick said some unbelievably funny stuff too.

RhodyYanksFan
02-27-06, 10:23 AM
I watched it last night and I fell asleep. I think it was the repetativeness of it. I think I'd like it more if I watched with a group of people, but I was alone and I rarely laugh out loud when I'm not with a group of people. Plus the editing annoyed me alot. They didn't have anyone tell the joke straight through. Bob Saget was hilarious, but when they cut away from him in the middle to someone like Richard Lewis or Paul Reiser talking about the joke, it just ruined the flow.

I'll watch it again with some friends and hopefully have a better time.