PDA

View Full Version : troubles

patrick.o
05-02-00, 12:58 AM
Jim~
Thanks for the quick reply in the Discusion forum. I'm not sure what my problem is, but when I went back to my second post in that thread to edit the hack job I did, the edit feature didn't acknowledge my cookie and wouldn't accept my password. I tried it twice. Any ideas?

JimF
05-02-00, 01:08 AM
Do you have it set to store your user name/password?

Did you have any troubles posting the original message?

What was the error message it gave you?

I'm still fairly new to this discussion software, so as many details as you could give me would be great.

Thanks!

patrick.o
05-02-00, 01:16 AM
It seems to have my user name and password all set for posting, I just can't edit. My original post worked fine, and also my reply and this post and reply. There was no error message. What happened was that I clicked the edit icon and got the "enter your user name and password" screen. I entered both and didn't get in, I just got the "enter your user name and password" screen again. I tried it again but to no avail. ??????
I'm going to bed now, I'll check back with you tomorrow. Thanks.

JimF
05-02-00, 01:26 AM
...and try to edit again. I was uploading the "editreply.php" file, probably at about the same time you were trying to edit that post. If you are still having trouble, let me know. Otherwise I'll assume that was my fault, and you should be a-ok now.

patrick.o
05-02-00, 09:27 PM
Everything seems to be A-OK now!!:)

JimF
05-02-00, 09:41 PM
I'm glad it's working!

SG
05-03-00, 07:46 AM
Hi Jim,

Sorry to bother you because I know that you're busy but I have that blue/purple, hard to read text, back again. :( I don't know if you remember the little problem I had with that....??? I guess it was because I use Netscape, but you had it fixed and now it's back again. :(

BTW, I've been clicking away and will continue to do so!! :) I just didn't know how important that was to this site!!

Have a great day!! :)

SG
05-03-00, 05:34 PM
Ok....It's all better again!! :)

Thanks!!...and my eyes thank you too!! :) :)

JimF
05-03-00, 05:36 PM
:)